If you have a heart for working with teenagers, love working with volunteers and training the next generation of ministry leaders then we want you. First Glance Student Center is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Program Manager to help us fulfill our mission in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Use your gifts and talents to develop and maintain the ministries of First Glance through support and guidance. Specifically providing oversight and direction of the Urban Learning Experience internship program, while supervising each Urban Learner. As well as coordinate and oversee volunteers throughout the organization. Work directly with students through leading a weekly program for students. For more details, please see the posted job description at www.firstglance.org/employment. Please submit your resume to Kasey Parmelee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Glance is a youth center that operates in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Kenmore is our home, our family & our community. For over 19 years, we’ve hosted a wide variety of programming for students of all ages. We offer teenagers and young adults a safe place where they are loved, valued and ultimately, through Christ, we provide them with hope. We have seen over 5,000 different students come through our doors and leave as a part of our family, empowered to reach their potential & become who they were created to be.
The Young Life Spiritual Leader (Full-Time) is responsible for developing and directing a Young Life Ministry for the youth in the residential community at Rawhide Youth Services. This person will lead spiritual activities and provide support and care to the residential clients, as well as supporting the spiritual activities for the staff at Rawhide. This person reports to the Director, Residential Services at Rawhide while collaborating with the Young Life Regional Director, Wisconsin.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum 1 Year of successful experience working in Residential Care with at-risk youth
- Prior experience working with Young Life preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries/Therapeutic Recreation/Behavioral Sciences or the relevant equivalent
- Able to articulate and evidence Christian doctrine and ethics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with clients for informal contacts and visit the residential units regularly, including mealtimes and activities
- Effectively steward budget. Track spending and allocate resources with fiduciary.
- Lead after-school programs.
- Explore options for “external” volunteer engagement, vetted through Human Resources and DCF Chapter 52 guidelines.
- Participate in Young Life Staff trainings and certifications.
- Contribute and participate in Youth Services meetings and Youth Advisory committee.
- Lend support to Rawhide weekly Fellowship meeting
- Track data and deliverables in alignment with goals established by Director of Residential Services