To administrate and oversee children’s ministry teams, develop programming & discipleship strategies for families to ensure a smoothly operated, safe and effective children & family ministry resulting in physical growth of the church & spiritual growth of the family. This director reports to the Senior Pastor.
Children & Family Ministry Responsibilities
• Oversee Children’s Ministry
• Equip & prepare volunteers for each area of service to facilitate Order of Experience
• Ongoing recruitment & acclimation of new volunteers
• Train volunteers for proficiency in each are of service; classroom specifics, registration, check-in’s, room management, order of experience.
• Oversee Programming & Facilities
• Initiate a more safe Sunday morning environment
• Provide classroom environments & curriculum that is not only relevant but exciting for the age ranges of children
• Maintain condition of property, equipment and consumable supplies along with church calendar & facility usage schedule
* Foster healthy relationship between the Church and School
* Create welcoming environment for School families to connect to The Vine
Time Commitment & Weekly Schedule
· Salary based on a 40+ hour work week
· Sundays – First In/Last Out, Wednesday Nights – First In/Last Out
· Special Events – First In/Last Out
· Life Group – Active member
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
The Children’s Ministry Director develops, directs and coordinates classes and activities which reveal and share a faith in Jesus Christ for newborn through 5th grade children. The overall goal of children’s ministries is to provide a safe environment where children are loved, nurtured and taught the Christian faith by word and example. As the CM Director develops personal relationships with children and their families, he/she is better able to partner with them as they train up their children in the Lord. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- · Plan, schedule and oversee Sunday morning classes, policy and safety procedures
- · Recruit, screen, train, schedule and coordinate all children’s ministry servants for classes and events
- · Create and lead a leadership team
- · Define a mission for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision – Helping the children to Love Jesus First
- · Evaluate programs, curriculum, safety procedures and classroom operations
- · Distribute curriculum for all the classes
- · Identify and execute mission opportunities for children to participate in
- · Develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget
- · Assist in arranging and designing classrooms and hallways to create an effective learning environment
- · Communicate regularly with church leadership, parents and church body
- · Plan and implement special Sundays and events related to children and families
- · Establish transition to Middle School
- · A personal, active and growing relationship with Jesus
- · A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13, 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- · Positive, flexible, and self-motivated
- · Servant-hearted
- · A passion for children’s ministry
- · Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in a related field
- · Experience working with children
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- · Strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills
- · Ability to steward people, time, and money well
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
Since the relaunch of Wooddale’s Edina Campus in 2014, its Woods children’s ministry has grown from a handful of children to now welcoming over 100 children every weekend. This dynamic growth also includes the remodel of our children’s environments as well as the launch of a new W.O.W. midweek program, a children’s choir and several strategic events throughout the year. Our next Children’s Ministry Director will have the unique opportunity to build on this growth through their visionary leadership and strong ability to lead energized teams of leaders who are dedicated to reaching and discipling more children/families for Jesus.
• Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
• Experience and skills in connecting with children and parents of various backgrounds
• Experience and desire to recruit, train and shepherd large teams of volunteers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and their parents
• A relational leader skilled in organization, creativity, team-building and problem solving
• Familiarity with multisite strategy preferred
• Growing as a disciple who is actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Remain a regular participant in public worship and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church
Lead a growing and highly engaging children’s ministry where children ages birth-4th grade are excited to attend and grow in their faith in Jesus:
• Oversee all weekly programming at the Edina Campus and its various aspects including scheduling volunteers, managing budget, implementing curriculum/instruction, preparing classroom environments/supplies and communication
• Ensure all programs and environments are safe, fun and Christ-honoring
• Plan and lead special outreach and discipleship events throughout the year
• Communicate to and with staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents
Recruit and develop teams of leaders and volunteers:
• Effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the Children’s ministry
• Develop leadership teams within the Children’s ministry by casting vision, coaching and identifying and investing in team members
• Continually recruit, train, appreciate and encourage volunteers
• Provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members
Develop and implement strategies that equip parents in the discipleship of their children:
• Child Dedications, Baptisms, Bible Presentations and other events or strategies that enable parents in the discipleship of their children
• Follow up with new families
• Continually connect with and shepherd kids and their parents
Support the vision, direction and leadership of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
• Attend Children’s Ministries meetings with other campus staff to help develop, assist and lead children’s initiatives and events
• Be an active participant of the Edina Staff and Campus Leadership Team
• Assist in the outreach of the Edina Campus by building relationships in the community
• Partner with the Wooddale Edina Academy director and staff to increase ministry to families and the community
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Dotted line reporting to the Children’s Pastor at the Eden Prairie Campus
• Supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires weekend and weeknights as part of your regular work week, including the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Children’s Ministry seeks to cultivate safe and welcoming spaces
in which families with children can: connect to God and a faith community, grow deeper in the spiritual
practices, be equipped to make faith the core of their family, have opportunities to serve the world, and
cultivate a rich Lutheran identity. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to invite, equip, and
encourage a team of volunteers that will make the vision possible in a loving, caring and God centered
• To cultivate the development of various ministries and programs that will encourage the spiritual
growth of children ages birth – 5
th grade and their families. (Nursery, SONday School, VBS, Kids
Night Out and other special events)
• To enlist, train, and support individual volunteers and ministry teams to serve the various children’s
ministries programs and events.
• Equip, screen, and train volunteers for the nursery when needed for weekend services and other
special services that occur during the program year, including Lenten Services, Thanksgiving Eve,
Christmas Eve, Holy Week.
• Coordinate with in house preschool regarding room conditions and health issues
• To assist the Senior Pastor in preparing students and parents for Baptism and First Communion
• To work with the Director of Worship & Music to plan and coordinate musical opportunities for
children that includes: VBS, Christmas Program, periodically during worship etc.
• Maintain safe, clean, stocked nursery and God loving environment for the children
• Plan and coordinate Summer Bible Time conducted during worship services.
• Participate with other staff in planning and coordinating other church ministry activities.
• To encourage connections between children and families through special events like: Special Person
Dance, Chili Cook-Off, Resurrection Garden Building, Trunk or Treat, and Eggstravaganza.
• Implement ways to grow the Children’s Ministry program that aligns with our core values.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
• Love children and love working with children
• Deep Christian faith, actively involved in a church preferably ELCA
• Ability to connect with people of all ages, especially with parents.
We will begin reviewing resumes May 10th. The position will remain open until filled.
Real Life Church is a vibrant and growing church in Bowling Green, Ky which is one hour north of Nashville, TN. Our mission is to help people experience life by following Jesus and we think this happens in four steps: Knowing God, Finding Freedom, Discovering Purpose, and Making A Difference. We are looking for a Children’s Ministry Director who is gifted at building teams and leading others. They will be able lead through innovation, collaboration, and the development of a strong leadership base that partners with parents to nurture and equip children to become lifelong followers of Jesus. The age range of RLC KidsLife is birth through 5th grade and meets weekly on Sunday mornings in multiple services.
LBC Kids serves children and their families from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To champion efforts to encourage, equip, and empower parents in all aspects of family living through classes, events, and small groups. This position seeks to support parents in their marriages and discipleship of kids in the home, promoting spiritually healthy families.
- A growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A humble and teachable spirit born out of security in Christ and an accurate understanding of their God-given capacity.
- Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
- Supports the core beliefs of LBC
- Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Has a vision for both reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, and discipling parents and couples to grow in their relationship with Christ, cultivate Christ-centered marriages, and raise their children in God’s truth
- Specific academic training in marriage, parenting or children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher), or comparable
- Stable, Christ-centered marriage
- Proven leadership skills and outcomes
- Shepherd leadership
- Exemplifies relational discipleship
- Proven team player and team builder
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and social media)
- Capable teacher and small group facilitator
- Expertise in marriage and family dynamics with ability to inspire, teach, and intervene (counsel)
- Passionate promoter for the next generation and parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities
- Develop and teach classes for parents; coordinate parent resources
- Provide shepherd leadership for married couples, parents, and their children within the church including meetings, hospital visits, and follow up
- Cultivate fellowship and community among parents and families by developing and facilitating small groups
- Provide intervention and pastoral counseling; recommend professional counseling when necessary
- Collaborate with LBC Kids staff to plan and host large family events for encouragement, spiritual growth, and outreach
- Facilitate marriage mentoring program
- Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
- Participate in annual budget planning process
- Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
- Inter-office Relations: LBC Kids staff
- Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
- Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervison
- Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
- Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building opportunities.
- Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outlined in the LBC Employee Handbook.
- Joyfully serve as an LBC ministry person in various other areas on an as-needed basis:
- Assist with hospital visitation
- Officiate weddings and funerals
- Be available for appointments and calls in the office
LBC Kids serves children from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large
outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging
parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and
environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about
Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To oversee the ministry’s regular programming, large events and service team while making meaningful connections
with children and parents. We expect a strong emphasis on grounding children in the foundational doctrines of the
Christian faith and what it means to live out those beliefs in practical ways. In addition, this position will seek to
engage and equip parents in discipleship of their children in the home. Our desire is that both Christian and non-
Christian parents would find LBC Kids attractive for equipping children to live responsibly in a confusing and
increasingly dangerous culture.
▪ A growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
▪ A humble and teachable spirit born out of personal security in Christ and an understanding of his/her
▪ A life dependent on the Holy Spirit and faith as demonstrated by an active prayer life
▪ Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
▪ Supports the core beliefs of LBC
▪ Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
▪ Has a vision for reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, discipling and inspiring children to
grow in their relationship with Christ
▪ Views parents as partners in the process of relational discipleship
▪ Proven leadership experience leading children’s ministry with an emphasis on both children and parents
▪ Specific academic training in children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher), or comparable
▪ Proven leadership skills and outcomes
▪ Visionary/creative in leadership; proven implementer
▪ Proven team player and team builder; motivational and inspiring
▪ Pastoral abilities; shepherd leadership
▪ Strong organizational skills
▪ Effective teaching skills for children and adults
▪ Effective communication skills (verbal, written and social media)
▪ Exemplifies relational discipleship
▪ Educational understanding of curriculum
▪ Understanding of family dynamics with ability to inspire, tech and intervene (counsel
▪ Passionate promoter for the next generation parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities:
▪ Provide direction and support to the vision and mission of LBC Kids
▪ Oversee, direct, and assess the effectiveness of all children’s programs, events, and service teams
▪ Communicate, connect and engage with kids and parents
▪ Create an environment in which staff can flourish, be inspired and feel valued
▪ Collaborate and build up areas, programs and positions of LBC Kids; create a unified ministry
▪ Provide direction to maintain a healthy environment for service in collaboration with the Service Team
▪ Recruit, train and develop service team members; implement and assess effectiveness of training
▪ Provide direction and input regarding curriculum; monitor its fidelity
▪ Provide modeling and training for:
o effective teaching
o effective small group interaction
o relational discipleship for kids and parents
▪ Teach parenting classes for adults
▪ Provide shepherd/pastoral leadership and care for service team members, staff, kids, parents and
▪ Provide support and assistance for Preschool and Elementary Directors
▪ Provide administrative leadership for office, staff and ministry
▪ Participate in annual budget planning process
▪ Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
Accountability / Relationships:
▪ Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
▪ Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervisor
▪ Inter-office Relations: LBC Kids staff
▪ Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
▪ Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of
unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
▪ Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building
▪ Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outline in the LBC Employee
▪ Joyfully serve as an LBC ministry person in various other areas on an as-needed basis:
o Assist with hospital visitation
o Officiate weddings and funerals
o Be available for appointments and calls in the office
Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Status: Full Time 40+ hrs. per week
Reports to: Directional Leader
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
The Children’s ministry director will work with the children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of ministry to children aged 0-4th grade. The Director is responsible for inspiring, engaging, and equipping members of New Heights Bentonville to make disciples of children who love God passionately and love people tangibly.
We ask that our employees embrace our staff core values:
Our Staff Core Values are:
Soul Care – If your heart is sick your ministry will be sick. Abide in Christ!
Question: How am I caring for my own soul and the souls of my coworkers?
Pray about everything – We accomplish more when we go with God.
Question: Have I taken time to stop, pray, and listen?
Take Risks – When we wait for something to be perfect, we fail. Do something!
Question: What God sized dreams am I sticking my neck out for?
Replace Ourselves – Great leaders help people grow and move up.
Question: Who am I empowering and releasing?
Make it Personal – Own your zone and contribute to the whole.
Question: How am I personally invested, inside and outside of my job description, in working here?
Growth Mindset – We can grow, adapt, change, and get better.
Questions: How I am growing personally? How can my ministry grow?
Develop a mission and vision for Children’s ministry that aligns with the mission and vision of NHB
Clarify, cast, a promote the vision of children’s ministry to families and volunteers.
Develop and implement a clear strategy with appropriate programing and curriculum to minister to children and families.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to make sure children’s ministry is safe and secure.
Lead the children’s ministry team to teach Biblical truth to transform lives and make disciples to children and volunteers
Manage and develop children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers
Shepherd the children’s ministry staff and volunteer team.
Manage all aspects of volunteerism within children’s ministry (Recruiting, Training, Administration/scheduling)
Oversee pastoral care for families within the children’s ministry span of care.
Drives accountability/ results
Heart for kids
A bachelor’s degree with a preferred 5 years of ministry experience working with children.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com