Four Corners Community Church
Position: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports To:Lead Pastor
The Children’s Ministries Director will oversee and provide leadership of all Four Corners programming for children birth through 5thgrade. This primarily consists of Sunday morning programming and also covers other programming outside of Sunday morning. The Children’s Ministries Director will recruit and oversee CM volunteers, select and implement CM curriculum, plan CM programming, and raise up and oversee other CM leaders. The Children’s Ministries Director will also lead the process as we dream about additional, mid-week CM programming. Finally, the Children’s Ministries Director will oversee the efforts to link Children’s Ministries with the entire family through specific ministry events as well as targeted training and communication.
· Lead all Aspects of the Children’s Ministry
· Oversee the overall Sunday morning CM programming
· Recruit, train, and oversee the CM volunteers
· Select and implement the CM curriculum
· Raise up, oversee, and empower CM leadership
· Oversee the CM budget
· Dream and plan for expanded CM programming outside of Sunday morning
· Lead Progress towards a more comprehensive Family Ministry
· Plan and execute specific family oriented programming
· Effectively communicate with families
· Lead and Participate in All-Church Programming
Four Corners is a very fun place to work! We have flexible office hours and a relaxed environment. You will be valued, cherished, and challenged working with us at FCCC.
To Apply: Email your Resume` and a brief cover letter to Scott at Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children’s Ministry Director develops, directs and coordinates classes and activities which reveal and share a faith in Jesus Christ for newborn through 5th grade children. The overall goal of children’s ministries is to provide a safe environment where children are loved, nurtured and taught the Christian faith by word and example. As the CM Director develops personal relationships with children and their families, he/she is better able to partner with them as they train up their children in the Lord. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- · Plan, schedule and oversee Sunday morning classes, policy and safety procedures
- · Recruit, screen, train, schedule and coordinate all children’s ministry servants for classes and events
- · Create and lead a leadership team
- · Define a mission for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision – Helping the children to Love Jesus First
- · Evaluate programs, curriculum, safety procedures and classroom operations
- · Distribute curriculum for all the classes
- · Identify and execute mission opportunities for children to participate in
- · Develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget
- · Assist in arranging and designing classrooms and hallways to create an effective learning environment
- · Communicate regularly with church leadership, parents and church body
- · Plan and implement special Sundays and events related to children and families
- · Establish transition to Middle School
- · A personal, active and growing relationship with Jesus
- · A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13, 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- · Positive, flexible, and self-motivated
- · Servant-hearted
- · A passion for children’s ministry
- · Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in a related field
- · Experience working with children
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- · Strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills
- · Ability to steward people, time, and money well
This position exists to manage and coordinate the Children’s Ministry Program, which includes providing spiritual, social, educational and recreational training, and resources for children and youth who participate in Family Life Services residential and community outreach programs.
· Develop and direct spiritual ministry to children and youth, to include gospel presentations, Bible teaching, and scripture memory, taught in large group and small group formats.
· Develop and direct social and recreational activities and experiential learning.
· Develop and direct educational activities, which may include tutoring, life skills, art and music.
· In cooperation with other staff, train and supervise program volunteers and interns; ensure that all group activities have sufficient volunteers/staff for children present.
· Coordinate curricula and supervise volunteers for weekly and monthly program gatherings.
· Coordinate other child care as needed, as well as other planned activities.
· Monitor safety conditions of the third floor of the Main House and the outdoor playgrounds.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and prayer times.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in child/youth care. One year minimum of leadership/supervisory experience with child/youth care.
· Willingness and experience and /or education in working with victims of trauma, abuse and family disruption.
· High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
· Willingness to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
· Demonstrates abilities, skills, experience, desire and gifting to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
· Ability to interact and communicate with parents regarding their children.
· Ability to establish appropriate boundaries with children, youth and parents.
· Ability to inspire and encourage children and youth involved in the programs.
· Ability to function well as a team member, and lead as needed.
· Ability to multi-task, coordinate timing, relational needs, preparation, study, telephone and direct contacts.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Be a committed mature Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
· Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the mission of Family Life Services.
· Agree with and be able to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith and policies of Family Life Services.
· Uphold FLS Core Values of hope, healing, honesty and hospitality.
· Professional appearance.
· Able to relate favorably, and win long-term confidence and trust.
· Enthusiastic, high level of energy, possesses genuine warmth and friendliness.
· Aware of personal strengths as well as shortcomings.
· Emotionally resilient; capable of handling pressure and rejection without inappropriate disappointment. Open to correction.
· Strong ability to understand different perspectives and viewpoints and to execute appropriate decisions.
· Flexible and comfortable in dealing with continual program change.
· Follows Biblical model of steward leadership to accomplish ministry and personal goals.
· Able to pass Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Federal Fingerprinting checks.
· Adheres to confidentiality guidelines.
· Must be able to lift and move boxes and other supplies, up to 30 pounds, including up and down stairs; must be physically able to participate in playground activities, and indoor/outdoor games.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Tonya Lark, Operations Director, at email@example.com.
The purpose of the Director of Family Ministries at Bayside Baptist Church is to draw our church community closer together so that we can draw closer to God through the spiritual development of families, youth and children as ambassadors of Jesus Christ. This is a full-time, salaried position. Days and hours of work will be flexible and determined by supervisor(s). The Director of Family Ministries will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
Since the relaunch of Wooddale’s Edina Campus in 2014, its Woods children’s ministry has grown from a handful of children to now welcoming over 100 children every weekend. This dynamic growth also includes the remodel of our children’s environments as well as the launch of a new W.O.W. midweek program, a children’s choir and several strategic events throughout the year. Our next Children’s Ministry Director will have the unique opportunity to build on this growth through their visionary leadership and strong ability to lead energized teams of leaders who are dedicated to reaching and discipling more children/families for Jesus.
• Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
• Experience and skills in connecting with children and parents of various backgrounds
• Experience and desire to recruit, train and shepherd large teams of volunteers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and their parents
• A relational leader skilled in organization, creativity, team-building and problem solving
• Familiarity with multisite strategy preferred
• Growing as a disciple who is actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Remain a regular participant in public worship and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church
Lead a growing and highly engaging children’s ministry where children ages birth-4th grade are excited to attend and grow in their faith in Jesus:
• Oversee all weekly programming at the Edina Campus and its various aspects including scheduling volunteers, managing budget, implementing curriculum/instruction, preparing classroom environments/supplies and communication
• Ensure all programs and environments are safe, fun and Christ-honoring
• Plan and lead special outreach and discipleship events throughout the year
• Communicate to and with staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents
Recruit and develop teams of leaders and volunteers:
• Effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the Children’s ministry
• Develop leadership teams within the Children’s ministry by casting vision, coaching and identifying and investing in team members
• Continually recruit, train, appreciate and encourage volunteers
• Provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members
Develop and implement strategies that equip parents in the discipleship of their children:
• Child Dedications, Baptisms, Bible Presentations and other events or strategies that enable parents in the discipleship of their children
• Follow up with new families
• Continually connect with and shepherd kids and their parents
Support the vision, direction and leadership of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
• Attend Children’s Ministries meetings with other campus staff to help develop, assist and lead children’s initiatives and events
• Be an active participant of the Edina Staff and Campus Leadership Team
• Assist in the outreach of the Edina Campus by building relationships in the community
• Partner with the Wooddale Edina Academy director and staff to increase ministry to families and the community
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Dotted line reporting to the Children’s Pastor at the Eden Prairie Campus
• Supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires weekend and weeknights as part of your regular work week, including the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Children’s Ministry seeks to cultivate safe and welcoming spaces
in which families with children can: connect to God and a faith community, grow deeper in the spiritual
practices, be equipped to make faith the core of their family, have opportunities to serve the world, and
cultivate a rich Lutheran identity. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to invite, equip, and
encourage a team of volunteers that will make the vision possible in a loving, caring and God centered
• To cultivate the development of various ministries and programs that will encourage the spiritual
growth of children ages birth – 5
th grade and their families. (Nursery, SONday School, VBS, Kids
Night Out and other special events)
• To enlist, train, and support individual volunteers and ministry teams to serve the various children’s
ministries programs and events.
• Equip, screen, and train volunteers for the nursery when needed for weekend services and other
special services that occur during the program year, including Lenten Services, Thanksgiving Eve,
Christmas Eve, Holy Week.
• Coordinate with in house preschool regarding room conditions and health issues
• To assist the Senior Pastor in preparing students and parents for Baptism and First Communion
• To work with the Director of Worship & Music to plan and coordinate musical opportunities for
children that includes: VBS, Christmas Program, periodically during worship etc.
• Maintain safe, clean, stocked nursery and God loving environment for the children
• Plan and coordinate Summer Bible Time conducted during worship services.
• Participate with other staff in planning and coordinating other church ministry activities.
• To encourage connections between children and families through special events like: Special Person
Dance, Chili Cook-Off, Resurrection Garden Building, Trunk or Treat, and Eggstravaganza.
• Implement ways to grow the Children’s Ministry program that aligns with our core values.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
• Love children and love working with children
• Deep Christian faith, actively involved in a church preferably ELCA
• Ability to connect with people of all ages, especially with parents.
We will begin reviewing resumes May 10th. The position will remain open until filled.
New Bridge Church is located in Winterset Iowa and we are looking for a part time Children’s Minister to minister to kids from K-4th grade. You would be working approximately 20 hours per week as the Children’s Minister of New Bridge Church. During the summer you would be lead a team to run Children’s Church on Sunday mornings. From August to May you would lead a team of volunteers to run the Wednesday evening program, Bridge Kids, K-4th Grade. Our Wednesday night program runs 40-60 students from kindergarten through fourth grade. You would be working alongside the Associate and Senior Pastors to reach Winterset elementary aged students with the Gospel.
Christ Church is seeking three interns to serve full-time in a collaborative program environment for about 12 weeks in the summer of 2019 for a stipend of $3,000. This summer position is well suited for students with at least 1 year of college experience who are interested in exploring ministry in the local church in both the children and youth age-level ministries. Candidates with a mature Christian faith and who love engaging with children and youth in program settings are encouraged to apply. Interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full job description is available at www.christchurchsl.org/jobs.
Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Status: Full Time 40+ hrs. per week
Reports to: Directional Leader
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
The Children’s ministry director will work with the children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of ministry to children aged 0-4th grade. The Director is responsible for inspiring, engaging, and equipping members of New Heights Bentonville to make disciples of children who love God passionately and love people tangibly.
We ask that our employees embrace our staff core values:
Our Staff Core Values are:
Soul Care – If your heart is sick your ministry will be sick. Abide in Christ!
Question: How am I caring for my own soul and the souls of my coworkers?
Pray about everything – We accomplish more when we go with God.
Question: Have I taken time to stop, pray, and listen?
Take Risks – When we wait for something to be perfect, we fail. Do something!
Question: What God sized dreams am I sticking my neck out for?
Replace Ourselves – Great leaders help people grow and move up.
Question: Who am I empowering and releasing?
Make it Personal – Own your zone and contribute to the whole.
Question: How am I personally invested, inside and outside of my job description, in working here?
Growth Mindset – We can grow, adapt, change, and get better.
Questions: How I am growing personally? How can my ministry grow?
Develop a mission and vision for Children’s ministry that aligns with the mission and vision of NHB
Clarify, cast, a promote the vision of children’s ministry to families and volunteers.
Develop and implement a clear strategy with appropriate programing and curriculum to minister to children and families.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to make sure children’s ministry is safe and secure.
Lead the children’s ministry team to teach Biblical truth to transform lives and make disciples to children and volunteers
Manage and develop children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers
Shepherd the children’s ministry staff and volunteer team.
Manage all aspects of volunteerism within children’s ministry (Recruiting, Training, Administration/scheduling)
Oversee pastoral care for families within the children’s ministry span of care.
Drives accountability/ results
Heart for kids
A bachelor’s degree with a preferred 5 years of ministry experience working with children.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
POSITION: Kids Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: Pastor Matt & Raven Cannon, Kids Pastors
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
● Must be available Sundays from 7am-2pm
● Monday – Thursday office hours / special events for kids ministry
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s Kids Ministry is passionate about planting seeds of faith in the
children of San Francisco and cultivating a love for Jesus Christ. We want our children to be spiritually
alive and unified in Christ!
We are looking for the right person to join our team to direct one of our Kids Ministry Campus
locations under the direct leadership of the Kids Pastors. We have two locations, one in downtown
San Francisco in the Mission district and one at Riordan High School. The Kids Ministry Director
manages the execution of high-quality kids’ ministry for three Sunday services at one location. This
includes overseeing staff and volunteer leaders as they fill their various roles.
Operating as one church, two locations. The director will work in conjunction with and under the
leadership of the Kid’s Pastors daily. The Kids Ministry Director also plays a key role in special events
planned by the Kids Ministry.
Skills required to fulfill this job include excellent communication and organizational skills. The Kids
Ministry Director will be someone who loves Jesus, connects well with children, takes initiative, and
has a positive attitude. They should be a leader who is empathetic, discerning, loving, kind, and full of
energy and life. And of course, they should LOVE children!
● Lead weekly Sunday Kids services and other events at either the Mission or Riordan Campus
○ Set up, break down, and execute
○ Lead operations of classrooms / check-in & out
● Help with leading volunteer teams and recruiting new volunteers
● Administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, sending e-updates, keeping inventory
supplies, communicating to volunteers, and delivering curriculum content to teachers.
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134
● Stays accountable to the Kids Pastors weekly for mentorship and direction.
● Leads on Sundays in pre/post set up, host prayer for the volunteers, and welcomes families as
they arrive on Sundays at check-in stations. Manages volunteers and families with enthusiasm
● Fill in as teacher/assistant in classrooms as needed or to help coach other volunteers.
● Meet weekly with the Kids Team and Kids Pastors.
● Will help coordinate special events along with Kids Pastors and the Admin Assistant.
● Work closely with the Kids Pastors to implement the vision of Kids at Cornerstone across the
entire kids ministry.
● Excellent computer and communication skills and can multitask.
● Experience in children’s ministry and/or studies in children’s ministry.
● Desires to work with a team.
● Experience working with early childhood or elementary children.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Works well with systems for check-in, management of databases and presenting media in
classrooms. (ex. Planning Center Online & Propresenter, Google Docs and Spreadsheets,
Google Drive, Excel, Pages or Microsoft Word)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● A lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment to Christ
● Passion for children and leading them to Jesus
● Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with families
● Strong interpersonal communication skills
● Hardworking team player who is eager to learn and takes initiative
● Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Excels at time management
● Commitment to the church body outside of kids ministry, including attending weekly Sunday
service, supporting body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or
ABOUT CORNERSTONESF: CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational
Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to
worship Jesus, and learn about Him for 60-ish minutes in a casual, yet sacred space. So no matter
which campus you’re at, our mission is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134