Hours: 35 hours per week (Sunday mornings are required); remuneration commensurate with experience. This position offers some limited benefits such as: 403b, HSA, 3 weeks (105 hours) of vacation and 1 week of study leave, a low cost of living in the sunny and friendly city of Pueblo, CO.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Serve as principal coordinator/facilitator for the Youth Group(s), leading and directing youth group meetings and activities (typically weekly).
· Coordinate and equip youth for participation in worship as liturgists, readers, etc.
· Collaborate with other churches to develop ecumenical youth activities and programs.
· Coordinate retreats, camps, mission projects, and other special events for youth.
· Develop methods to form supportive and encouraging relationships with the youth.
· Recruit and train volunteers to work effectively in our CE/youth programs.
· Plan and implement Christian Education curricula for children, youth, and adults.
· Oversee Vacation Bible School or similar summer educational opportunities.
· Coordinate curriculum and instructors for the Confirmation Class (typically every other year).
· Attend regular staff meetings and serve as the staff liaison to the Christian Education Ministry Team.
Our ideal candidate will have a vital relationship with Christ and will be someone who is:
· Excited about youth and Christian Education.
· A good listener who resonates warmth and compassion.
· Flexible and able to communicate effectively with individuals of all ages.
· A hospitable person who welcomes everyone and shares the Gospel without judgement.
· Able to involve youth in fellowship/fun, service projects, Christian education, and worship.
· Committed to working with our staff and CE Team to help children, youth, and adults grow in their faith.
· Imaginative in creating an environment in which people are empowered to express their faith.
· Able to work with people with diverse ethnic, economic, and educational backgrounds and a wide range of theological positions.
· Dedicated to reaching out to the community and working with other churches.
· Able to model collaborative leadership.
· Willing to incorporate and train our youth to serve in congregational life (serving as Elders and Deacons, leading worship, teaching, etc.).
Hold at least a bachelor’s degree and a desire to work with people of various racial, social-economic, and religious backgrounds.
To apply, send the following to Careers@FirstPresPueblo.org or to First Presbyterian Church – Pueblo, 220 W. 10th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 Attn: Personnel Committee. Please be sure to include: 1) A brief cover letter to tell us about yourself and your background; 2) A resume highlighting relevant experience and education, and 3) three references and their contact information. (If you choose, references can be made available upon request.)
For more information, please email us at Careers@FirstPresPueblo.org or phone: (719) 542-7322.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Verve is a 10-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our mission is to love God, love people, and turn the world upside-down. We reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach: the kind of people who are not interested in God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. Two-thirds of people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up.
We are seeking a NextGen Pastor to oversee VerveKIDS, our children’s ministry for ages birth through 5th grade, and Verve Students, our ministry for students in 6th through 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Are devoted to kids and students growing in their love for God and people.
- Easily relate to unchurched children, students, and their parents.
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but strategic) style, and random (but strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers.
- Have strong experience raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Demonstrate the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter.
As the NextGen Pastor, you will own all aspects of Verve ministry related to children and students.
Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include:
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee weekend VerveKIDS programming. (The current size of this team is approximately 50 volunteers.)
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee programming and special events for Verve Students. (The current size of this team is approximately 15 volunteers.) This includes the weekly Student gathering on Thursday nights during the school year.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for VerveKIDS and Verve Students. (Familiarity with Orange curriculum is a plus.)
- Staffing childcare needs for churchwide events throughout the year.
- Directing and developing the vision of NextGen ministries in accordance with Verve’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Serving as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events. Currently this consists of a Halloween-related event and an Easter-related event. Each of these attracts between 1,500 and 2,000 people from the community.
- Other duties related to NextGen, or NextGen volunteers, as assigned.
We want you to love being part of the team at Verve. Here’s what we will provide:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- At least 14 vacation days per year.
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
- Some of the warmest weather in the country, year-round.
- Staff fun days where you can show off your mad skills at activities that may include laser tag, bowling, or mini-golf.
In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.
As part of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, provide oversight, plan, develop, organize, administer and evaluate Children’s Ministries involving children birth through grade six at Knox Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor. The person in this position should view the role as part of the overall formation of the church family. Full-time is preferred. We are willing to consider an initial, interim period that is part-time. Follow this link for details and to apply.
Please apply directly by clicking here.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for helping children to find and follow Jesus. This person will provide oversight and direction to our weekly KidPointe ministry (Birth- 6th grade) by creating awesome environments that kids can’t wait to be a part of, building teams, training volunteers and executing awesome events for children and their families!
Status: Full Time
40 hours per week
Work week: Sunday – Thursday, with occasional weekends.
Purpose: To build children, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus
Demonstrated successful experience in children’s ministry
Live in the Highland Lakes Area within 1 month of hire date.
Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
Experience in communicating vision
Demonstrated ability as a good communicator
A history of team building
At least 3 years experience in children’s ministry
Children- 30 hours a week
Develop relationships with children from birth through fifth grade
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of children including but not limited to camps, retreats, Sunday morning activities. etc.
Incorporate children into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church
Develop relationships with parents of children
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on children
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve children and their parents
Schedule and train all volunteers serving in children’s ministries
Church Administration- 10 hours a week
Emails, Newsletters, Announcements Slides, Social Media
Answer Phones, Mail
Oversee office supplies
Please send Resume and philosophy of Children’s ministry to email@example.com
The Director of Family Ministries will help the congregation fulfill its mission through discipleship ministries for our youth (1st grade to 12th grade).
· Developing a strong, forgiving, loving community of Christ-centered believers.
· Emphasizing the importance of the Word of God in our lives.
· Developing supportive relationships with our youth and providing them with the spiritual encouragement they need to come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior
· Prayer as a priority
· Ministering to one another and reaching the lost.
What We Are Looking For in Faith and Personal Life of Our Youth Pastor
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. A commitment to faith in one God as revealed in the Bible as Father, Son, Holy Spirit and as expressed in the Bible.
3. A commitment to and a study of the Bible as the written Word of God.
4. A commitment to a personal devotional and prayer life.
5. A calling to the ministry as a youth and children’s minister
A minimum of an Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or 3 years of equivalent experience
1. Demonstrated organization, leadership, management and directing skills.
2. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including computer literacy and familiarity with various forms of social media.
3. Demonstrated ability to solicit, obtain, and train volunteers.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with pastor, staff, leaders, volunteers, and congregation and to work with all age groups, particularly youth, and children.
REQUEST FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Children’s Ministry Associate will be a dynamic leader with a passion and vision for partnering with the Frisco Bible Church staff, parents and volunteer leaders. The Associate will help to create an environment where families are welcomed into a healthy community to meet Jesus Christ, to grow in their faith and be equipped to share the gospel with friends.
Help in the equipping and organization of the ministries for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Working with lead volunteers to resource their ministry for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Work with Director of Children’s Ministry
Recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
Create a discipleship model that both draws in those from the outside and multiplies disciple makers.
Has a high level of teen volunteers so having some student ministry experience is a plus!
Sunday Morning (worship, teaching and activities)
1-45 Camp and Pine Cove Camp in the City
5+ years’ experience in Children’s Ministry or related employment
Understand Basic Microsoft Office Programs
Bachelors Degree or work experience considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to
The First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills is seeking a committed follower of Jesus to join our ministry team as the full-time Director of Children’s Ministries, responsible for the Christian nurture and education of our youngest disciples birth through fifth grade.
First Pres sees its ministry to our youngest disciples as a high priority of its mission. We are dedicated to helping our children discover and experience the love of Jesus, encouraging and equipping them to be faithful disciples through worship, study, community and service.
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for planning and leading our Sunday School, recruiting and training volunteer teachers, planning and leading special events for children and working with Family Ministries on intergenerational events.
If interested in more information about the Church, please check our website www.fpcgh.org. For specific information on the position, salary range and benefits please email Bryant@fpcgh.org or call the Church Office 818.360.1831.
Director of Children’s Ministries
Report to: Executive Director of Family Life
Date Edited: 10-28-19
Collierville United Methodist Church is a 3,000+ member church with over 750 in three worship services on two campuses every Sunday morning. With full programming for preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, adults, and seniors, we have over 25 church staff, over 30 preschool staff, and over 15 nursery staff.
Vision: Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all.
Mission: To know Christ and to make Him known.
Core Values: Scripture, Love, Humility, Servanthood, Mission
Find us at: www.colliervilleumc.org
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Family Life, this position provides programs and activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the children of Collierville UMC through the fifth grade grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. This person will work with a diverse group of members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the church. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workloads.
Provide overall direction and administration for all the children’s ministries of CUMC.
Plan and be responsible for all structured children’s ministry activities, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
Collaborate with music ministry staff to ensure the success of SNAP (Sunday Night Arts & Praise)
Provide direction for all special events for children and their families, including seasonal events such as a Family Easter event, Fall festival and VBS.
Teaching the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
Work collaboratively with other ministry directors for the full benefit of the Church.
Be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training and evaluating of Children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other children’s programming.
Serves as Staff Ministry Partner, providing assistance and direction when required for designated ministry Task Teams, especially working directly with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and MOMs Next.
Be responsible for the compliance of the children’s ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the children’s ministries.
Serves and assists with occasional specialized ministry projects as assigned.
Organizational Leadership skills
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Director of Nursery Ministries and the Children’s Ministry Assistant.
This position operates in a professional church office environment and age appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and includes working during programming hours on Sundays and Wednesdays with weekend events and evening meetings, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
5 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position: Children’s Ministries Director/Pastor
Trinitarian Congregational Church, Wayland, MA (TCC)
Who we are:
TCC is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, family-oriented church located in Wayland, MA, serving a population in the greater Metro-West area. As an historic church steeped in the New England evangelical tradition of renewal and revival, TCC seeks to equip disciples of all ages for Gospel ministry in a pluralistic context. We are a sending church, innovating and creating opportunities to proclaim the Gospel both at the local and global level.
● To oversee all aspects of the Pre-K and K-5 programming, staff and volunteers;
● To report to, support, and work with the Family Ministries Pastor, who provides leadership for the Children’s Ministry (Nursery-Grade 5) and Student Ministries (Grades 6-12) programs;
● To teach and impart love and integration of Scripture to nursery through Grade 5 children;
● To articulate the Gospel in theologically sound and creative (age-appropriate) ways;
● To integrate best educational practices in every aspect of the Children’s ministries;
● To foster spiritual growth for the children and their parents/guardians;
● To contribute to TCC’s mission to be a multi-generational worshipping community;
● To create ways to reach new families in the greater MetroWest area ;
● To articulate and model theology, worship and praxis across the generations within the protestant evangelical tradition (see www.tccwayland.org).
Children’s Ministry (39 hrs):
● To grow, develop and execute nursery through grade 5 weekly curriculum and programming;
● To lead teach kindergarten through grade 5 Large Group programming on Sunday mornings as a redemptive historical movement (OT Foundations to NT Fulfillment);
● To recruit and equip children’s program small group leaders with Gospel-centered Small Group programming materials.
Pastoral Leadership (6 hrs)
● To support and disciple the lay leadership;
● To provide Pastoral care and visitation in cooperation with the TCC care team.
B.A. in Bible or M.Div. or Equivalent
Early Childhood Education experience
Full Time (40-50 hours):
While the position is technically 40 hours per week, the responsibilities entrusted to full-time ministry employees at TCC often requires a greater hourly commitment. Therefore, we place an especially high value on Sabbath rest.
The Director (or Pastor) of Children’s Ministries oversees the part-time Pre-K assistant and answers to the Pastor of Family Ministries and the Senior Pastor. He/she is part of the ministry leadership team (Senior Pastor, Pastor of Family Ministries, Director of Worship and Community Life, and Executive Director). Compensation (with benefits) is commensurate with experience.
The TCC Board empowers pastoral staff in ministry and holds the pastoral staff accountable to the bylaws and guidelines of TCC.
All staff are governed by the policies set forth in the most recent version of the Employee Handbook of TCC.