The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for the spiritual nourishment of young disciples, Pre-K through 5th grade. The Director will minister to the congregation through meaningful intergenerational worship, care for the family unit, and will communicate through word and deed the Children’s Ministry purpose of providing a safe and inspiring environment for children to experience the love of Jesus Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o In partnership with church leadership, develop and implement the mission and vision for ministries to children and families.
o Live the ethos of FPCG in the community, representing the family of God in word and deed.
o Help to design an overarching spiritual development plan for children and youth.
o Develop and implement curricula and meaningful rites of passage for children.
o Communicate with enthusiasm the spiritual development plan for children and youth.
o Lead worship and Christian education programs for children on Sunday mornings.
o Develop and lead mid-week programming for children, especially around Wednesday evenings.
o Lead and participate in special events throughout the year, especially during holiday seasons including Christmas, Lent, Easter and Vacation Bible Camp.
o Develop meaningful relationships with the congregation, especially with families and children.
o Work with staff and Elders to effectively recruit and train volunteers for various roles around children’s ministries.
o Work and collaborate with clergy, staff, Elders and committees, helping to foster an environment of optimism and mutual support.
o Provide leadership to the Children and Youth Ministries Committees.
o Serve as the primary advocate for children and families in leadership circles with regard to worship, programs, communications, budget, staff and facilities.
o Work to build bridges and relationships between the church, the FPCG Nursery School, other faith groups and organizations, and the community of Greenwich.
o Help to develop and maintain communications and media pertaining to family ministries.
o Manage the annual children’s ministries budget.
o Keep regular office hours during the week.
o Participate in weekly staff and ministry leadership meetings.
o Develop healthy boundaries toward a sustainable work-life balance.
Comply with and enforce FPCG’s Children Protection and Sexual Misconduct Policies.
Midway United Methodist Church, Lexington, NC, has an opening for Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries.
Qualifications: A deep and personal faith in Jesus Christ, knowledge of the Christian faith within the Wesleyan tradition, knowledge of and comfort with UMC polity and structure, a bachelor’s degree in a related field required (master’s degree preferred) and an understanding of faith development for youth and children. Also required are strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with other church leaders, the ability to multitask and strong time management skills.
Purpose: The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries will build strong Disciples of Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth and children’s ministries in the areas of relationship-building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach, while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Primary duties and responsibilities: Be an active member of the church with attendance and participation in two Sunday morning services and one Wednesday evening service, leading youth meetings on Sunday evenings and being available for youth at functions beyond the local church setting, being an advocate for the youth and children, coordinating curriculum and volunteers for all youth programming, providing caring support to youth and their families, planning and organizing youth mission trips, organizing youth participation in conference events, serving as a liaison with community organizations related to youth, working with the parent volunteer youth leaders in visioning and planning, developing youth leadership, coordinating a weekly children’s program after school and in the summer, conducting preschool chapel in rotation with the Senior Pastor, assisting the Senior Pastor with confirmation and completing general administrative and budgeting tasks. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Applicants should send a resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019.
Four Corners Community Church
Position: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports To:Lead Pastor
The Children’s Ministries Director will oversee and provide leadership of all Four Corners programming for children birth through 5thgrade. This primarily consists of Sunday morning programming and also covers other programming outside of Sunday morning. The Children’s Ministries Director will recruit and oversee CM volunteers, select and implement CM curriculum, plan CM programming, and raise up and oversee other CM leaders. The Children’s Ministries Director will also lead the process as we dream about additional, mid-week CM programming. Finally, the Children’s Ministries Director will oversee the efforts to link Children’s Ministries with the entire family through specific ministry events as well as targeted training and communication.
· Lead all Aspects of the Children’s Ministry
· Oversee the overall Sunday morning CM programming
· Recruit, train, and oversee the CM volunteers
· Select and implement the CM curriculum
· Raise up, oversee, and empower CM leadership
· Oversee the CM budget
· Dream and plan for expanded CM programming outside of Sunday morning
· Lead Progress towards a more comprehensive Family Ministry
· Plan and execute specific family oriented programming
· Effectively communicate with families
· Lead and Participate in All-Church Programming
Four Corners is a very fun place to work! We have flexible office hours and a relaxed environment. You will be valued, cherished, and challenged working with us at FCCC.
To Apply: Email your Resume` and a brief cover letter to Scott at Scott.email@example.com
The Children’s Ministry Director develops, directs and coordinates classes and activities which reveal and share a faith in Jesus Christ for newborn through 5th grade children. The overall goal of children’s ministries is to provide a safe environment where children are loved, nurtured and taught the Christian faith by word and example. As the CM Director develops personal relationships with children and their families, he/she is better able to partner with them as they train up their children in the Lord. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- · Plan, schedule and oversee Sunday morning classes, policy and safety procedures
- · Recruit, screen, train, schedule and coordinate all children’s ministry servants for classes and events
- · Create and lead a leadership team
- · Define a mission for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision – Helping the children to Love Jesus First
- · Evaluate programs, curriculum, safety procedures and classroom operations
- · Distribute curriculum for all the classes
- · Identify and execute mission opportunities for children to participate in
- · Develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget
- · Assist in arranging and designing classrooms and hallways to create an effective learning environment
- · Communicate regularly with church leadership, parents and church body
- · Plan and implement special Sundays and events related to children and families
- · Establish transition to Middle School
- · A personal, active and growing relationship with Jesus
- · A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13, 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- · Positive, flexible, and self-motivated
- · Servant-hearted
- · A passion for children’s ministry
- · Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in a related field
- · Experience working with children
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- · Strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills
- · Ability to steward people, time, and money well
This position exists to manage and coordinate the Children’s Ministry Program, which includes providing spiritual, social, educational and recreational training, and resources for children and youth who participate in Family Life Services residential and community outreach programs.
· Develop and direct spiritual ministry to children and youth, to include gospel presentations, Bible teaching, and scripture memory, taught in large group and small group formats.
· Develop and direct social and recreational activities and experiential learning.
· Develop and direct educational activities, which may include tutoring, life skills, art and music.
· In cooperation with other staff, train and supervise program volunteers and interns; ensure that all group activities have sufficient volunteers/staff for children present.
· Coordinate curricula and supervise volunteers for weekly and monthly program gatherings.
· Coordinate other child care as needed, as well as other planned activities.
· Monitor safety conditions of the third floor of the Main House and the outdoor playgrounds.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and prayer times.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in child/youth care. One year minimum of leadership/supervisory experience with child/youth care.
· Willingness and experience and /or education in working with victims of trauma, abuse and family disruption.
· High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
· Willingness to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
· Demonstrates abilities, skills, experience, desire and gifting to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
· Ability to interact and communicate with parents regarding their children.
· Ability to establish appropriate boundaries with children, youth and parents.
· Ability to inspire and encourage children and youth involved in the programs.
· Ability to function well as a team member, and lead as needed.
· Ability to multi-task, coordinate timing, relational needs, preparation, study, telephone and direct contacts.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Be a committed mature Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
· Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the mission of Family Life Services.
· Agree with and be able to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith and policies of Family Life Services.
· Uphold FLS Core Values of hope, healing, honesty and hospitality.
· Professional appearance.
· Able to relate favorably, and win long-term confidence and trust.
· Enthusiastic, high level of energy, possesses genuine warmth and friendliness.
· Aware of personal strengths as well as shortcomings.
· Emotionally resilient; capable of handling pressure and rejection without inappropriate disappointment. Open to correction.
· Strong ability to understand different perspectives and viewpoints and to execute appropriate decisions.
· Flexible and comfortable in dealing with continual program change.
· Follows Biblical model of steward leadership to accomplish ministry and personal goals.
· Able to pass Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Federal Fingerprinting checks.
· Adheres to confidentiality guidelines.
· Must be able to lift and move boxes and other supplies, up to 30 pounds, including up and down stairs; must be physically able to participate in playground activities, and indoor/outdoor games.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Tonya Lark, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
Since the relaunch of Wooddale’s Edina Campus in 2014, its Woods children’s ministry has grown from a handful of children to now welcoming over 100 children every weekend. This dynamic growth also includes the remodel of our children’s environments as well as the launch of a new W.O.W. midweek program, a children’s choir and several strategic events throughout the year. Our next Children’s Ministry Director will have the unique opportunity to build on this growth through their visionary leadership and strong ability to lead energized teams of leaders who are dedicated to reaching and discipling more children/families for Jesus.
• Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
• Experience and skills in connecting with children and parents of various backgrounds
• Experience and desire to recruit, train and shepherd large teams of volunteers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and their parents
• A relational leader skilled in organization, creativity, team-building and problem solving
• Familiarity with multisite strategy preferred
• Growing as a disciple who is actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Remain a regular participant in public worship and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church
Lead a growing and highly engaging children’s ministry where children ages birth-4th grade are excited to attend and grow in their faith in Jesus:
• Oversee all weekly programming at the Edina Campus and its various aspects including scheduling volunteers, managing budget, implementing curriculum/instruction, preparing classroom environments/supplies and communication
• Ensure all programs and environments are safe, fun and Christ-honoring
• Plan and lead special outreach and discipleship events throughout the year
• Communicate to and with staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents
Recruit and develop teams of leaders and volunteers:
• Effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the Children’s ministry
• Develop leadership teams within the Children’s ministry by casting vision, coaching and identifying and investing in team members
• Continually recruit, train, appreciate and encourage volunteers
• Provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members
Develop and implement strategies that equip parents in the discipleship of their children:
• Child Dedications, Baptisms, Bible Presentations and other events or strategies that enable parents in the discipleship of their children
• Follow up with new families
• Continually connect with and shepherd kids and their parents
Support the vision, direction and leadership of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
• Attend Children’s Ministries meetings with other campus staff to help develop, assist and lead children’s initiatives and events
• Be an active participant of the Edina Staff and Campus Leadership Team
• Assist in the outreach of the Edina Campus by building relationships in the community
• Partner with the Wooddale Edina Academy director and staff to increase ministry to families and the community
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Dotted line reporting to the Children’s Pastor at the Eden Prairie Campus
• Supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires weekend and weeknights as part of your regular work week, including the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Children’s Ministry seeks to cultivate safe and welcoming spaces
in which families with children can: connect to God and a faith community, grow deeper in the spiritual
practices, be equipped to make faith the core of their family, have opportunities to serve the world, and
cultivate a rich Lutheran identity. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to invite, equip, and
encourage a team of volunteers that will make the vision possible in a loving, caring and God centered
• To cultivate the development of various ministries and programs that will encourage the spiritual
growth of children ages birth – 5
th grade and their families. (Nursery, SONday School, VBS, Kids
Night Out and other special events)
• To enlist, train, and support individual volunteers and ministry teams to serve the various children’s
ministries programs and events.
• Equip, screen, and train volunteers for the nursery when needed for weekend services and other
special services that occur during the program year, including Lenten Services, Thanksgiving Eve,
Christmas Eve, Holy Week.
• Coordinate with in house preschool regarding room conditions and health issues
• To assist the Senior Pastor in preparing students and parents for Baptism and First Communion
• To work with the Director of Worship & Music to plan and coordinate musical opportunities for
children that includes: VBS, Christmas Program, periodically during worship etc.
• Maintain safe, clean, stocked nursery and God loving environment for the children
• Plan and coordinate Summer Bible Time conducted during worship services.
• Participate with other staff in planning and coordinating other church ministry activities.
• To encourage connections between children and families through special events like: Special Person
Dance, Chili Cook-Off, Resurrection Garden Building, Trunk or Treat, and Eggstravaganza.
• Implement ways to grow the Children’s Ministry program that aligns with our core values.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
• Love children and love working with children
• Deep Christian faith, actively involved in a church preferably ELCA
• Ability to connect with people of all ages, especially with parents.
We will begin reviewing resumes May 10th. The position will remain open until filled.
New Bridge Church is located in Winterset Iowa and we are looking for a part time Children’s Minister to minister to kids from K-4th grade. You would be working approximately 20 hours per week as the Children’s Minister of New Bridge Church. During the summer you would be lead a team to run Children’s Church on Sunday mornings. From August to May you would lead a team of volunteers to run the Wednesday evening program, Bridge Kids, K-4th Grade. Our Wednesday night program runs 40-60 students from kindergarten through fourth grade. You would be working alongside the Associate and Senior Pastors to reach Winterset elementary aged students with the Gospel.
Christ Church is seeking three interns to serve full-time in a collaborative program environment for about 12 weeks in the summer of 2019 for a stipend of $3,000. This summer position is well suited for students with at least 1 year of college experience who are interested in exploring ministry in the local church in both the children and youth age-level ministries. Candidates with a mature Christian faith and who love engaging with children and youth in program settings are encouraged to apply. Interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com. The full job description is available at www.christchurchsl.org/jobs.
Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Status: Full Time 40+ hrs. per week
Reports to: Directional Leader
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
The Children’s ministry director will work with the children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of ministry to children aged 0-4th grade. The Director is responsible for inspiring, engaging, and equipping members of New Heights Bentonville to make disciples of children who love God passionately and love people tangibly.
We ask that our employees embrace our staff core values:
Our Staff Core Values are:
Soul Care – If your heart is sick your ministry will be sick. Abide in Christ!
Question: How am I caring for my own soul and the souls of my coworkers?
Pray about everything – We accomplish more when we go with God.
Question: Have I taken time to stop, pray, and listen?
Take Risks – When we wait for something to be perfect, we fail. Do something!
Question: What God sized dreams am I sticking my neck out for?
Replace Ourselves – Great leaders help people grow and move up.
Question: Who am I empowering and releasing?
Make it Personal – Own your zone and contribute to the whole.
Question: How am I personally invested, inside and outside of my job description, in working here?
Growth Mindset – We can grow, adapt, change, and get better.
Questions: How I am growing personally? How can my ministry grow?
Develop a mission and vision for Children’s ministry that aligns with the mission and vision of NHB
Clarify, cast, a promote the vision of children’s ministry to families and volunteers.
Develop and implement a clear strategy with appropriate programing and curriculum to minister to children and families.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to make sure children’s ministry is safe and secure.
Lead the children’s ministry team to teach Biblical truth to transform lives and make disciples to children and volunteers
Manage and develop children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers
Shepherd the children’s ministry staff and volunteer team.
Manage all aspects of volunteerism within children’s ministry (Recruiting, Training, Administration/scheduling)
Oversee pastoral care for families within the children’s ministry span of care.
Drives accountability/ results
Heart for kids
A bachelor’s degree with a preferred 5 years of ministry experience working with children.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org