Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church in Gig Harbor, WA has an immediate opening for a full time Director of Children’s Ministries. This position will provide oversight of all children’s worship experiences including developing, coordinating, and administering a comprehensive and expanding educational ministries program for elementary-aged children (K – 5th) and their families.
- Develop, implement and coordinate various programs for children and their families that align with the goals of the church while modeling biblical priorities.
- Provide a warm and friendly learning environment for children and families.
- Partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Chapel Hill by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps.
- Lead, empower and equip the Children’s Ministries’ department staff to effectively lead their respective ministries and meet with them regularly to clarify vision, goals, and strategy of the church.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Manage the Children’s Ministries department budget.
- Provide oversight and execution of small groups.
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers for leadership in Children’s Ministries programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a related field.
- 3+ years of children’s ministry or directly related experience required.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with the EPC Essentials of the Faith (epc.org/about/beliefs)
- Ability to align staff and volunteers with CH and CM’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice.
- Flexibility in work hours based on special events
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults.
- High emotional intelligence
- Administrative skills for leading a team, managing email, appointments, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to steward people, time, and money well
- Ability to plan for the future, measure and evaluate for results
About Chapel Hill Church
Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church is a vibrant and growing evangelical church, full of caring people. We are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denomination. Our mission as a church is working together to present everyone mature in Christ. We average an attendance of about 1,200 in weekend worship services with two different worship styles. The church website is: www.chapelhillpc.org.
About Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor is located 35 miles south of Seattle and five miles west of Tacoma. We are surrounded by mountains and water and beautiful landscapes. Check out the city’s website at https://www.cityofgigharbor.net/ or www.gigharbor.com.
To apply, send a resume and employment application (which can be found on the Employment page of our website) to the Human Resources Coordinator, Karyn, at email@example.com. Please also include in the e-mail or cover letter what interests you about this position and why you are applying.
The children, youth, and family director is the provides ministry and oversees all activities in the church regarding children (birth – 5th grade), youth (6th -12th grade), and their families. This person coordinates all related events, services, and Christian formation classes. We are a spiritually vibrant and growing community that warmly embraces people of all spiritual dispositions, cultural attitudes and lifestyles.
Position: Reports to the Rector; three-quarter time anticipated initially with full benefits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience ● Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED.) ● Plus three or more years of work experience that transfer well to position as described.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. He or she must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of all ages and enjoy working with children and youth. The children, youth, family director must be extremely well-organized and have a high energy level with a proven results-oriented work ethic. He or she must be able to promote the program, communicate to the parish and recruit/manage volunteers. This person must be able to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. He or she must also be a baptized Christian and hold values consistent with the doctrine of the Episcopal Church.
Essential Duties ● Is present for Sunday morning children and youth formation. ● Recommends and oversees curricula, and ensures resources are available in classrooms. ● Recruits, leads, trains, and supports children and youth volunteers with help of children’s minister.
● Supervises one paid nursery employee, and recruits and schedules other nursery volunteers. ● Supervises Children’s Minister. ● Plans, coordinates and supervises regular youth events. ● Plans, coordinates and helps run confirmation classes and all confirmation responsibilities in partnership with the rector. ● Plans, coordinates, and runs special child/youth events for the parish. including, but not limited to, Vacation Bible School and the Christmas pageant ● Establishes personal relationships with the youth and their parents. ● Maintains regular contact with families, including creating a monthly newsletter and welcome letter for new families. ● Maintains a children and youth ministry calendar in conjunction with parish calendar. ● Maintains the children and youth ministry budget. ● Facilitates communication among team leaders, parish, congregation and diocese to include weekly announcements. ● Informs the rector of pastoral needs of any children and youth and, as appropriate, family. ● Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed. Communicates meeting notes to team. ● Meets with Charlotte Convocation youth leaders as frequently as monthly. ● Engages children and youth in various music related programs, in conjunction with the director of music ministry. ● Encourages youth participation and leadership in diocesan events. ● Recruits child/youth acolytes. ● Coordinates training of volunteers and ensure a safe church environment at all times. ● Adheres to a high level of confidentiality with information disclosed by clergy, staff, ministry volunteers, and parishioners. ● Works with the administrative assistant to keep current roster of all children and youth in parish. ● Coordinates childcare for various committees and church functions.
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
Since the relaunch of Wooddale’s Edina Campus in 2014, its Woods children’s ministry has grown from a handful of children to now welcoming over 100 children every weekend. This dynamic growth also includes the remodel of our children’s environments as well as the launch of a new W.O.W. midweek program, a children’s choir and several strategic events throughout the year. Our next Children’s Ministry Director will have the unique opportunity to build on this growth through their visionary leadership and strong ability to lead energized teams of leaders who are dedicated to reaching and discipling more children/families for Jesus.
• Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
• Experience and skills in connecting with children and parents of various backgrounds
• Experience and desire to recruit, train and shepherd large teams of volunteers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and their parents
• A relational leader skilled in organization, creativity, team-building and problem solving
• Familiarity with multisite strategy preferred
• Growing as a disciple who is actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Remain a regular participant in public worship and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church
Lead a growing and highly engaging children’s ministry where children ages birth-4th grade are excited to attend and grow in their faith in Jesus:
• Oversee all weekly programming at the Edina Campus and its various aspects including scheduling volunteers, managing budget, implementing curriculum/instruction, preparing classroom environments/supplies and communication
• Ensure all programs and environments are safe, fun and Christ-honoring
• Plan and lead special outreach and discipleship events throughout the year
• Communicate to and with staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents
Recruit and develop teams of leaders and volunteers:
• Effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the Children’s ministry
• Develop leadership teams within the Children’s ministry by casting vision, coaching and identifying and investing in team members
• Continually recruit, train, appreciate and encourage volunteers
• Provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members
Develop and implement strategies that equip parents in the discipleship of their children:
• Child Dedications, Baptisms, Bible Presentations and other events or strategies that enable parents in the discipleship of their children
• Follow up with new families
• Continually connect with and shepherd kids and their parents
Support the vision, direction and leadership of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
• Attend Children’s Ministries meetings with other campus staff to help develop, assist and lead children’s initiatives and events
• Be an active participant of the Edina Staff and Campus Leadership Team
• Assist in the outreach of the Edina Campus by building relationships in the community
• Partner with the Wooddale Edina Academy director and staff to increase ministry to families and the community
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Dotted line reporting to the Children’s Pastor at the Eden Prairie Campus
• Supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires weekend and weeknights as part of your regular work week, including the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Summer Intern –
We are a thriving church based in Athens, TX that offers one of the most exciting
summer internship programs in East Texas! We strive for gender balance in our intern
program with 2 males and 2 females
Our Church: First Baptist Church Athens is a multicultural, multi-generational, and
missional church dedicated to our community!
Our Internship begins with an awesome and unique trip just for interns, and it ends
with the Global Leadership Summit.
We believe in our biblical motto, Love God, Live Like Jesus, and Serve Others.
The Position: We’re looking for Summer Interns. The position is paid weekly for a total
of $2,196 for the summer.
We offer free housing.
We also offer a week vacation. (unpaid)
Length of Position: The position begins Sunday, May 20th and ends Sunday, August
The Location: First Baptist Athens is located in Athens, TX. This is a great place to live
because, you get the benefits of being in a small town, while also being a short distance
from great cities such as Dallas and Tyler. Fun Fact! Athens is also birthplace of the
Why Should You Apply?
We are at a unique moment in our church. Both our student ministry and our
children’s ministry are experiencing multicultural shifts that we believe reflect the
future of the Church.
Our Student Ministry runs its own camp and you get to be a part of this wonderful
Our Children’s Ministry is a blast of creativity with VBS and other various summer
If you are interested, contact Jorge Rivera at Jorge@authenticyouth.com, or contact
Cindy Henderson at Cindy@lovingtheworld.com. Feel free to explore our website at
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Next Gen Director is responsible for leading our Kids and Student Ministries in order to develop a clear pathway which enables every kid to take the next step in their journey of becoming like Jesus and joining Him in His mission while supporting the implementation of the vision, mission and core values of Mission Hills Church.
• Earned degrees and/or other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
• Alignment with the vision, mission, core values, and doctrinal statement of Mission Hills Church
• Models strong Christian character, integrity, vibrant relationship with Christ and lives out biblical truth
• A successful track record of upper level management and leadership
• Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement yet love to do life as a team
• Passion for the next generation
• Experience sufficient to enable effective leadership
• Strengths in the following areas: organizational and ministry alignment, staff development and care, clear communicator, project management, strategy development and implementation, system and process development. Should have a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
• CHAMPION EVERY AGE GROUP – Inspire the church to say yes to the next generation, investing in their future now. The way we love kids now directly impacts who they will be as adults. As kids grow through the phases, they need loving and committed adults to show up and connect with them, share life with them, and invest in them, preparing them for what’s next. The Next Gen Director ensures that kids have those adults in their lives, casts the vision for their potential, tells their stories, inspiring the church to love and treat each kid like they are made as the image of God.
• ALIGN LEADERS – Coach the teams to work together. Get them on the same page. Embody the ministry’s primary values then live and breathe those values. Organize and base the ministry practices on those values. Meet with the team regularly to identify common goals and objectives. Keep a compelling scoreboard and hold them accountable. The Next Gen Director is responsible for the team’s alignment and the church’s overall strategy for raising up the next generation.
• GAUGE EFFECTIVENESS – Help your team identify what success looks like and what it means to be effective. The Next Gen Director must help their teams define the wins and measure the markers that demonstrate you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing.
• ASSIST MINISTRY – Serve your leaders. Assist them in whatever way is needed to ensure not only their success but also their sense of joy and fulfillment in doing what God has called them to do. This includes making sure the tools and resources you provide are genuinely helpful, your communications systems are efficient and effective, your environments are inspiring, and the messaging is engaging. The Next Gen Director collaborates with the team to establish the system that makes all this possible, including hiring the right staff, recruiting the right teams, and providing the right resources. They build systems and processes for resourcing families, raising kids and reaching the community.
• EXPAND LEARNING – Equip your team with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their leaders and ministries. Equip your team’s leaders with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their kids. Teach them what you know. Model what needs to be done. The Next Gen Director is always a step or two ahead of their team, feeding them what they need to learn and grow in their God-given calling to minister to kids.
• PARTNER WITH PARENTS – Find ways to genuinely partner with parents in raising their children. Provide what the church can provide best: a loving network of caring adults who are committed to helping them grow in faith, wisdom, and friendship. The Next Gen Director is constantly looking for ways to improve their partnership with parents.
• Other occasional duties as required by senior leadership
To Apply: To begin the application process please visit www.missionhills.org/jobs
North Central Texas Academy
North Central Texas Academy is an accredited, interdenominational Christian boarding, day, and international school for deserving students. North Central Texas Academy accepts students from all over the world who, for one reason or another, need or desire a place to live and learn away from their home.
A variety of staff professionals (including educational, vocational, guidance counseling, nursing, musical, technological, and athletic) work in concert to address the overall needs of each student.
North Central Texas Academy students live, attend the fully-accredited (K-12) private academy, participate in agriculture/4H/FFA, sports, music, art, and many other opportunities.
Residential Parents are the backbone of our boarding program. Currently we have 13 residences that house up to 8 students and three Resident Parents—one married couple and a single adult.
Resident Parents are tasked with leading and mentoring their students in a highly structured community. Resident Parent’s oversee the personal growth and development of each student assigned to their home. The students develop responsible behavior as they work and interact within the residence.
Students are given assistance in developing wise time-management skills, and interpersonal relationship skills with peers and adults. The opportunity to build essential character traits such as honesty, kindness, patience, tolerance, and self-control is provided also. Resident Parents are always aware of the God-given potential within each student and are willing to accept them where they are. The students experience a peaceful, warm, relaxed atmosphere, and feel a sense of belonging within a home environment.
Positions offered are for married couples, single men and single women who will alternate shifts within the residence.
· Resident Parents work a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off.
· Time off follows the Academic Calendar (nearly 2 ½ months of time off)
· Opportunity to be a full time student
· Private apartment provided
· All utilities paid
· Meals provided while on duty
· Health benefits are offered.
New Bridge Church is located in Winterset Iowa and we are looking for a part time Children’s Minister to minister to kids from K-4th grade. You would be working approximately 20 hours per week as the Children’s Minister of New Bridge Church. During the summer you would be lead a team to run Children’s Church on Sunday mornings. From August to May you would lead a team of volunteers to run the Wednesday evening program, Bridge Kids, K-4th Grade. Our Wednesday night program runs 40-60 students from kindergarten through fourth grade. You would be working alongside the Associate and Senior Pastors to reach Winterset elementary aged students with the Gospel.
Here’s a bit about who we are:
Our Community: We are based out of Marysville, Ohio (Northwest of Columbus by 30 minutes)! Our town has many companies like Honda, Scotts/Miracle Grow, Nestle, and many other smaller companies. The community is growing very fast and lots of families are not connected with a church.
Our Church: Our church dates back to the early 1820s. We average about 400-450 in weekly church attendance. We have traditional and contemporary worship. We have a large building with a full gym, many classrooms, and a sanctuary. Check out our church website: www.marysvillefumc.org.
Youth & Children’s Ministry: our 7th-12th grade (Quake) ministry averages 50-70 and our 5th/6th grade (Outbreak) ministry averages around 20. Our children’s program has about 40-50 on a Sunday morning for Sunday School (3-6th grade) and 20-30 for Children’s Church (3yrs old to 4th grade). Check out our youth website: www.quakeyouth.org
Resume and questionnaire is due by April 30, 2019!
To apply, submit a job appropriate cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit a cover letter to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
St. John UCC is looking for an innovator who recognizes that children and youth ministry is changing, and who brings new ideas of how to reach children and their families with the gospel. This person will lead the Children and Youth Ministry programs at St John United Church of Christ, working with other staff and volunteers to build a program that builds Christian discipleship and faith development in our young people from birth to adulthood in the areas of Christian education, small group ministry, worship, camps, mission, fellowship, and inter-generation connections with the congregation and with the wider church. We are looking for someone with a heart for bringing new children, youth and families into the church.
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries reports directly to the pastors, who will provide an annual evaluation. Boards and Committees that provide financial oversight and collaborate with this role are: Board of Christian Education, Youth Ministry Committee, Children’s Ministry Committee.
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry will supervise the Children’s Ministry Coordinator and the Youth Ministry Leader and complete annual performance reviews for each.
Hours: Full-Time. Employee can select office hours with some flexibility, but Tuesday mornings, Wednesday evenings and weekend availability are required.
Salary: Salary + benefits based upon experience
St. John UCC is looking for an innovator who recognizes that children and youth ministry is changing, and who brings new ideas of how to reach children, youth, and their families with the gospel. We are looking for an experienced Christian educator who will build on existing programs, creating a sense of community for young people at St. John, and helping them take their faith beyond the walls of the church and into the wider community.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
5 years experience in Children or Youth ministry OR 5 years in a parallel field with significant church background.
Organizational skills to manage a multi-faceted program.
Person of deep personal faith eager to share that faith with others.
Degree with a major or minor in religious studies, education, or both.
Involvement in or understanding of the beliefs and practices of the United Church of Christ
Children’s Ministries Responsibilities
1) Nurturing existing Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Children’s Ministries (infants through 5th grade) which includes:
· Cultivating volunteer leadership by supporting current volunteers and identifying and training new volunteers.
· Identifying or creating curriculum that engages children and which is aligned with our UCC values.
· Communicating with families of the church to make sure that our programs are meeting their family’s spiritual needs.
2) Coordinating with Pastors, Staff, and Committees to develop a whole family approach to Christian education.
3) Develop opportunities that invite people in.
Youth Ministries Responsibilities
1) Nurture existing Sunday morning and Wednesday evening small group studies.
2) Organize and lead annual mission trips for middle school and high school each summer. Provide opportunities for mission and service throughout the year.
3) Actively participate with youth in activities to build strong relationships.
4) Work with the Youth Ministry Leader to develop seasonal special events and Bible studies for youth and their families.
5) Recruit and train volunteers.
6) Maintain awareness of issues that affect youth and create opportunities for discussion.
7) Develop an atmosphere that encourages honesty and builds community among the youth group.
1) Implement all programs using Safe church principles and guidelines.
2) Communicate effectively using all resources available (call/text, email, website, Facebook, church app, newsletters, bulletins, etc.). This includes being available to youth outside normal working hours.
3) Understand and maintain appropriate boundaries.
4) Understand and appreciate the unique heritage and practices of the United Church of Christ.
College Parkway Baptist Church, a moderate Baptist church in Arnold, Maryland, is seeking an experienced Student Minister to lead our children and youth ministries. An advanced degree in Ministry is preferred; a background in Education and prior paid Youth or Children’s ministry experience is required. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) at a salary of $36,000 per year. Resumes must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 4/26/19. For more information, visit our website – http://www.collegeparkwaybaptist.net.