Position Description: To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically-based ministry environments. This position will serve as a ministry director for preschool-5th grade kids and families. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Create a warm, inviting and age-appropriate environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach adults and youth who are gifted in working with children
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences
- Select, develop, and oversee implementation of age-appropriate curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Provide leadership and direction for students and leaders
- Recruit and develop team leads for each area of VBS.
- Research, evaluate and purchase curriculum and materials
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
To apply to be a part of our incredible team please, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Located in beautiful Truckee, California, Tahoe Forest Church (TFC) is situated on 52 acres bordering the pristine Truckee River. Set in an idyllic mountain location, the Tahoe Resident Leadership Program (TRLP) develops and guides aspiring Christian leaders for one year through experiential ministry training. The program provides participants with professional skills for planning, organizing, and developing Christian ministries. Tahoe Residential Leaders experience a unique perspective into vocational ministry through leadership training and serving alongside pastors and ministry leaders. The program will be tailored to the skill sets and interests of the selected leaders and allow each to complete an in-depth project of their choice that contributes to the Church community. Participants will live in a beautiful house on the Church property as part of the residential program, which will foster close-knit relationships. Residents will enjoy an unique, immersive experience with the natural setting of the property.
- Immersion in a Christian community with fellow resident leaders
- Theological, spiritual, and life mentorship from TFC Staff and Mentors
- Experiential training in spiritual disciplines- Leading while learning
- Completion of a capstone ministry project
- Unique and meaningful service projects (local, regional, global)
- Inclusion in a dynamic and healthy church, located on a 52 acre campus
- Network with multiple churches, leaders and pastors from all over United States
- Immersive, authentic, experiences that pushes boundaries
- 300 days of sun
- Outdoor skill training/certification
- A transformative life-changing experience
- Growth in spiritual maturity
- Increased self-reliance, direction, leadership skills, and purpose
- Life-long relationships
- Preparedness for real-world work
Program Cost- $3,500.00
Program Dates- June 1, 2020 through May 1, 2021 OR August 15th, 2020 through December 27th 2020
Apply at Tahoe Forest Church http://www.tahoeforestchurch.org/trlp/
Known in this western Montana college mountain town for the fly-fishing family Maclean of A River Runs Through It fame,First Presbyterian Church of Missoula is today a growing, Christ-centered community of children, youth and adults called to surprise Missoula with Christ’s astonishing love. That means deepening our roots in the truth and mercy of Jesus, growing together in the joy of inter-generational relationships, and bearing tangible witness to our hope through showing up to serve our city. As our culture changes rapidly around us, we’re also committed to knowing our neighbors and ever adapting our way of being church better to speak the language of good news. As we seek to be faithful, winsome disciples, we’re grateful to partner with the Missoula Interfaith Collaborative (helping to build a new facility to house homeless families) and with Whitworth University (helping to build an onramp to Christian spirituality, community, and mission in Missoula).
The Director of Children, Youth, & Family Ministry will lead a Christ-centered, Bible-based intergenerational ministry to children, middle and high school youth and their families on behalf of maturing disciples of Jesus Christ to surprise Missoula with Christ’s astonishing love. The Director will partner with the Pastor and the Session’s Forming Team to envision, develop, implement and resource ministries related to the belonging, spiritual forming, and sending of children, youth, adults and families while holding broad ministry responsibilities (and connecting various ministries) for the faithful growth and winsome witness of the whole church family. Reports to the Pastor, Head of Staff.
Position is fulltime, salary dependent on experience. Benefits include: health insurance; optional dental coverage; flexible spending account; accrual of paid time off and emergency medical leave; study leave; designated holidays; & optional participation in a 403b retirement savings plan.
· Oversee Christ-centered ministries to children from birth to 5th grade and their families
· Invest in the 4th and 5th grade ministry (Grow) through monthly gatherings and special events, helping to support the leaders of Grow
· Support and develop leadership for youngest children participating in Generation to Generation (a creative intergenerational Sunday experience of Christian community, formation, and sending)
Middle School and High School Youth
· Direct comprehensive Christ-centered ministries to middle and high school students, and their families
· Develop personal relationships with middle and high school students, providing them with spiritual nurture and pastoral care and support
· Organize and facilitate weekly middle and high school group meetings:
o Organize Bible studies and facilitate topical discussions
o Facilitate recreation, community-building activities, prayer, and worship leadership in partnership with student leadership and adult mentor teams
· Organize and facilitate fall and winter retreats, summer mission/adventure trips, and occasional special events, including fundraising for mission
Children & Youth Leaders
· Develop personal relationships with adult mentor team(s); recruiting, nurturing, training, and encouraging them to minister relationally with students
· Draw leaders together in regular meetings for Christian growth, Christian community, and Christian ministry leadership training
· Grow parent involvement, and minister to parents through intergenerational ministry
· Support the participation and leadership of children, youth and families in worship
· Be responsible for one out of two Kids’ on the Steps
· Preach 4-6 times a year
· Coordinate Christmas Eve Family Worship Service with Worship Staff
· Oversee supplies/worship aides for children
· Integrate children and youth into the worship, mission, and life of the larger church and rally the church around them for relationships that matter for the gospel
· Support the formation of the Generation to Generation (G2G) community
· Collaborate in pastoral care
· Help coordinate all-church event planning with Program Support & Belonging Team
· Serve as Sunday morning ‘host’ and knowledgeable, pastoral presence
· Provide regular communication to children, youth and families, the church body, and staff regarding ministries and programs for which you are responsible
· Collaborate in making Sunday morning announcements/invitations
· Serve as pastoral presence when Pastor is away
Qualifications of Resident Worship Director
• Deep and abiding love for Jesus Christ and a joy to encourage faith in others
• Passion, relational energy, and creativity to pursue relationship with students, mentors, and families in service to an intergenerational congregation
• Knowledge of and insight into Scripture, and ability to teach and apply it to everyday life
• Education/prior experience in the leadership of children, youth and family ministry
• Can-do, team-player attitude with an ability to laugh at one’s self and with others
• Administrative skills for effective ministry: organization, attentiveness to detail, ability to plan ahead yet be flexible to change
• Clear verbal and written communication
• Comfort using electronic communication (phone, e-mail, text). Comfort with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, musical notation and projection software
• Passage of background check. Completion of Abuse Prevention And Response Team training
Please send a resumé, a letter articulating your interest and experience, and 3 references to Jo Ruby at firstname.lastname@example.org or First Presbyterian Church, 235 S Fifth St W, Missoula, MT 59801
North Central Texas Academy
North Central Texas Academy is an accredited, interdenominational Christian boarding, day, and international school for deserving students. North Central Texas Academy accepts students from all over the world who, for one reason or another, need or desire a place to live and learn away from their home.
A variety of staff professionals (including educational, vocational, guidance counseling, nursing, musical, technological, and athletic) work in concert to address the overall needs of each student.
North Central Texas Academy students live, attend the fully-accredited (K-12) private academy, participate in agriculture/4H/FFA, sports, music, art, and many other opportunities.
Residential Parents are the backbone of our boarding program. Currently we have 13 residences that house up to 8 students and three Resident Parents—one married couple and a single adult.
Resident Parents are tasked with leading and mentoring their students in a highly structured community. Resident Parent’s oversee the personal growth and development of each student assigned to their home. The students develop responsible behavior as they work and interact within the residence.
Students are given assistance in developing wise time-management skills, and interpersonal relationship skills with peers and adults. The opportunity to build essential character traits such as honesty, kindness, patience, tolerance, and self-control is provided also. Resident Parents are always aware of the God-given potential within each student and are willing to accept them where they are. The students experience a peaceful, warm, relaxed atmosphere, and feel a sense of belonging within a home environment.
Current positions available are for single men and single women and married couples who will alternate shifts within the residence.
· Resident Parents work a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off.
· Time off follows the Academic Calendar (nearly 2 ½ months of time off)
· Opportunity to be a full time student
· Private apartment provided
· All utilities paid
· Meals provided while on duty
· Health benefits are offered.
Please Apply at NCTA/Employment
Job Announcement for Director of Children and Youth Ministries at Keystone United Methodist Church, Keystone Heights, FL
Keystone United Methodist Church (KUMC) in Keystone Heights, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to serve as an integral part of the church’s staff team. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries serves children, youth, and their families in the church and community through developing, implementing, administering, and growing ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs.
The salary is competitive, commensurate with training and experience, and benefits include a monthly health benefit stipend and paid leave for: vacation leave; Holiday leave; and continuing education.
A cover letter describing your interest in the position and a statement of your personal faith
A résumé including contact information for three professional references and your employment history in church ministry for children and youth ministry positions
Send application materials by mail or email to:
Rev. Jeff Tate, Lead Pastor
Keystone United Methodist Church
4004 SR 21 SE
Keystone Heights, FL 32656
Church Phone: (352) 473-3829
Position available: Immediately
Deadline for applications: Application period is open until the position is filled.
Winona United Methodist Church: Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries
Are you a passionate Christian who feels called to serve by impacting the lives of teens and children? Would you enjoy leading at a small-to-midsized multi-generational congregation with an established youth program, a 2000+ sq. ft. youth building, and living arrangements for you and your family which is included in your compensation package? Do you have other gifts and aspirations which you would like to develop in our church and local community? We would like to discuss these possibilities with you.
Winona United Methodist Church (WUMC) is seeking a youth director to serve as youth pastor for our youth, children, their parents and volunteers. The salaried position ranges from 25-35 total hours per week depending on the seasonal activities.
Director of Youth Ministry Responsibilities (Tweens: 4th-6th Grade & Teens: 7th-12th Grade) (approx. 20-25 hours/week)
· Develop and oversee our student ministry while operating within our Safe Sanctuaries Policies.
· Select curriculum, recruit & train volunteers, and prepare/execute lessons.
· Prepare and lead: 1) teen youth groups on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, 2) tweens youth group one additional evening a week and 3) youth Sunday morning activities.
· Support our youth by maintaining a presence at local school and/or church activities.
· Lead various youth trips and fundraisers.
· Participate in our annual Vacation Bible School.
· Develop a youth ministry budget annually.
· Attend and be willing to participate in Sunday worship service.
Director of Children’s Ministry Responsibilities (Age 3 – 3rd Grade) (approx. 5-10 hours/week)
· Develop and oversee our children’s ministry while operating within our Safe Sanctuaries Policies.
· Oversee Sunday School program and junior church program.
· Provide a Children’s Message during our Sunday worship service.
Requirements & Skills
· Mature Christian with passion for Children & Youth Ministries and a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Bachelor’s Degree (with a preferred focus on ministry and/or childhood development).
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Able to pass a background check and drug test.
· Strong people skills, ability to lead volunteers, reliable | flexible | teachable, strong ethics, humble & passionate.
· Good communication skills.
· Winona is located in Northeastern Ohio, approx. 5 miles outside of Salem, Ohio (population approx. 12,000), 28 miles east of Canton, OH and approx. 70 miles from Cleveland, Ohio and Pittsburgh, PA.
· The WUMC congregation has weekly attendance of 100-120.
· WUMC Website: http://www.winonaumc.com/
Please contact email@example.com for a detailed job description and a formal application. We look forward to meeting you.
Compensation package includes $20,000 annual salary and housing.
Are you a visionary with great leadership skills? Libertyville Covenant Church in Libertyville, IL is seeking a dedicated team player to lead our children’s ministry. This is a part-time (30 hours) position that oversees our Sunday morning and Wednesday evening children’s programs. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy for children’s ministry who can train and develop volunteers, facilitate small group teaching and create fun and biblical children’s programs. Must be an excellent team player with great communication skills.
Libertyville Covenant Church is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. You can visit our denomination website here: https://covchurch.org
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ; commitment to prayer / ongoing spiritual formation.
2. Supports and agrees to the LCC, Central Conference, and Evangelical Covenant Church statement of faith and mission.
3. Desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
4. Demonstrate and develop deep and meaningful relationships with children and families.
5. Demonstrate ability to be firm and gentle simultaneously, particularly in areas of discipline.
6. Will become an active member of LCC.
7. Experience in Christian Ministries with children.
8. Excellent relationship-building skills with parents and lay volunteers
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to recruit, supervise, motivate, train, and organize lay volunteers
11. Ability to initiate tasks and follow through on details on a self-monitored basis.
12. Ability (and desire) to work as a deeply collaborative team member with staff, lay volunteers, and the church body as a whole.
13. Ability to vision and implement needed resources to meet the needs of children and families. 14. Preferred education/degree in Education, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
1. Ultimately responsible to the Christian Education and Discipleship (CED) leadership team and to the Church Council.
2. Direct report to the Associate Pastor to Youth, as we seek to strengthen the continuum of ministry from Nursery -> Children’s Ministry -> Youth Ministry
3. Active participation in LCC staff meetings and CED leadership team meetings.
4. Meet with Mutual Ministries team on a regular basis for encouragement and accountability.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Responsible for the leadership, visioning, oversight, and support of LCC Nursery & Children’s ministries including Sunday School, Wednesday night Kids Club, Children’s Church, and occasional retreats / special events. Nursery leadership is expected to consist of oversight & planning, with separate funds available to pay stipends to qualified Nursery workers, if required.
2. Recruitment, scheduling, training, coordination and monitoring of volunteers.
3. In partnership with the CED leadership team, selecting curriculum for all children’s ministries in alignment with the overall LCC ministry vision. Each year we designate an annual theme upon which we align mission activities. 2019/2020 is the year of Discipleship.
4. Develop and communicate the Children’s Ministries calendar.
5. Empowered to lead, with an expectation of active collaboration with CED and Pastoral staff – developing future visioning for Nursery & Children’s Ministry in alignment with Youth Ministry and the broader congregation. We desire to see Children fully participate in all aspects of the life and ministry of LCC.
6. Monitor, coordinate and acquire all required classroom materials; organize clean-up process / systems for all Children’s Ministry areas.
7. Encourage, assist and pray for children’s ministry volunteers. CED will oversee the LCC Safety Policy (i.e. updating, setting up and facilitating training sessions for all volunteers)
8. Create and effectively manage ministry within an established budget.
9. Communicate consistently to parents and the church through announcements, newsletter and website.
10. Collaborate with LCC staff and CED to develop resources and tools to give parents both opportunities and support to be spiritual leaders at church and at home.
11. Monitor that all LCC Safety Policies are implemented and adhered to for all Nursery & Children’s ministries and volunteers.
SALARY: Hourly rate, commensurate with experience, approximately 30 hours per week. Letters of interest / CVs can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for a new adventure? Do you enjoy experiencing God’s creation through hiking, fishing, skiing, and hunting? Do you seek relationships with others that are deep and full of authenticity?
First Presbyterian Church of Fairbanks, Alaska is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry. Our church is different from many others in that we are a downtown, missionally-minded church with families of all backgrounds. The remote nature of the Fairbanks community is a perfect platform for creating relationships with other people that are rich and fulfilling. The church is where our members find familial support and encouragement.
We are seeking a Children’s minister that is energetic and has experience to build up the program and recruit more volunteers. We would love to see a person who has a passion for the middle grades where students are encountering more of the world and need a trusted adult who can help them in the tween years.
Job Opportunity: First United Methodist Church of Brady has an opening for a full time Youth and Children’s minister. Please email resume to email@example.com or mail to church office at FUMC Brady, P.O. Box 1030 Brady, Tx. 76825. For more information please contact Rev. Bun Jackson at 325-597-3436 or Caroline Parks at 512-964-4547.
Package to include: Beginning Salary $25,000.00 negotiable with experience. 3BR, 2BTH brick home with large fenced back yard. Utilities, Health Insurance Allowance and Reimbursables.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Memphis, Tennessee is seeking a dedicated team player to lead our children’s ministry. This full-time position plays a key role in helping us reach our vision to be a growing and vital community where Christ is transforming lives.
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for programs for children from birth through 6th grade with the goal of creating an environment where children learn and grow in their knowledge of God and in their faith.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning and administering Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programming
Recruiting and equipping a staff of passionate and dedicated volunteer leaders
Planning and executing seasonal events including Vacation Bible School for about 160 children
Maintain, supervise and train nursery staff for birth – 5 years old
Candidates should have a strong faith and theology consistent with the United Methodist Church and demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading a growing children’s ministry. A Bachelor’s degree is required as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with church staff, parents and the church community.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church is a vibrant church community that recently celebrated our 50th anniversary. We average 350 – 400 in weekly worship with participation of 50 – 60 children. We are located in Memphis – the home of blues, soul and rock ‘n roll – and an exciting place for music and great food.
If you are interested in joining Emmanuel UMC, please send your resume and cover email highlighting your abilities and interest to Donna Winfrey, Chair – Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) to SPRCChair@comcast.net. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, March 27. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.