North Central Texas Academy
North Central Texas Academy is an accredited, interdenominational Christian boarding, day, and international school for deserving students. North Central Texas Academy accepts students from all over the world who, for one reason or another, need or desire a place to live and learn away from their home.
A variety of staff professionals (including educational, vocational, guidance counseling, nursing, musical, technological, and athletic) work in concert to address the overall needs of each student.
North Central Texas Academy students live, attend the fully-accredited (K-12) private academy, participate in agriculture/4H/FFA, sports, music, art, and many other opportunities.
Residential Parents are the backbone of our boarding program. Currently we have 13 residences that house up to 8 students and three Resident Parents—one married couple and a single adult.
Resident Parents are tasked with leading and mentoring their students in a highly structured community. Resident Parent’s oversee the personal growth and development of each student assigned to their home. The students develop responsible behavior as they work and interact within the residence.
Students are given assistance in developing wise time-management skills, and interpersonal relationship skills with peers and adults. The opportunity to build essential character traits such as honesty, kindness, patience, tolerance, and self-control is provided also. Resident Parents are always aware of the God-given potential within each student and are willing to accept them where they are. The students experience a peaceful, warm, relaxed atmosphere, and feel a sense of belonging within a home environment.
Current positions available are for single men and single women and married couples who will alternate shifts within the residence.
· Resident Parents work a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off.
· Time off follows the Academic Calendar (nearly 2 ½ months of time off)
· Opportunity to be a full time student
· Private apartment provided
· All utilities paid
· Meals provided while on duty
· Health benefits are offered.
Please Apply at NCTA/Employment
The Children’s Ministry Associate will be a dynamic leader with a passion and vision for partnering with the Frisco Bible Church staff, parents and volunteer leaders. The Associate will help to create an environment where families are welcomed into a healthy community to meet Jesus Christ, to grow in their faith and be equipped to share the gospel with friends.
Help in the equipping and organization of the ministries for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Working with lead volunteers to resource their ministry for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Work with Director of Children’s Ministry
Recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
Create a discipleship model that both draws in those from the outside and multiplies disciple makers.
Has a high level of teen volunteers so having some student ministry experience is a plus!
Sunday Morning (worship, teaching and activities)
1-45 Camp and Pine Cove Camp in the City
5+ years’ experience in Children’s Ministry or related employment
Understand Basic Microsoft Office Programs
Bachelors Degree or work experience considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to
The First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills is seeking a committed follower of Jesus to join our ministry team as the full-time Director of Children’s Ministries, responsible for the Christian nurture and education of our youngest disciples birth through fifth grade.
First Pres sees its ministry to our youngest disciples as a high priority of its mission. We are dedicated to helping our children discover and experience the love of Jesus, encouraging and equipping them to be faithful disciples through worship, study, community and service.
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for planning and leading our Sunday School, recruiting and training volunteer teachers, planning and leading special events for children and working with Family Ministries on intergenerational events.
If interested in more information about the Church, please check our website www.fpcgh.org. For specific information on the position, salary range and benefits please email Bryant@fpcgh.org or call the Church Office 818.360.1831.
Do you have a passion for kids knowing Jesus?
Do you have experience with elementary kids and younger?
The mission at Faith United Church in Brandon, SD is to be a family of families within the community: to Love God and love people by adopting them into God’s eternal family! Our children’s ministries are a critical part of our mission.
As our Director of Children’s Ministries, you will be part of our ministry team, overseeing our children’s activities and programing, from nursery through fourth grade, including our ‘Kid Connect’, VBS and other events. You will be responsible for presenting Biblical teachings that sustain and encourage Christian values and God-centered relationships, and for equipping volunteers to assist with this ministry.
This is a part-time position, but if you are willing to take on additional ministry responsibilities, we will consider full-time. Experience with children’s ministry, or working towards degree, is preferred. If interested, we will provide additional information, along with a full job description!
For more information about Faith United, visit www.faithunitedepc.org; for more information about Brandon, SD, visit http://cityofbrandon.org!
Holy Apostles Episcopal Church is currently looking to fill a Children’s Ministry Director Role. The role is to envision, implement, and run a vibrant children’s ministry at Holy Apostles. The Children’s Minister will plan, coordinate and direct all ministry from kindergarten through sixth grade and to recruit and train the necessary volunteers for the vision of the ministry.
Director of Children’s Ministries
Report to: Executive Director of Family Life
Date Edited: 10-28-19
Collierville United Methodist Church is a 3,000+ member church with over 750 in three worship services on two campuses every Sunday morning. With full programming for preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, adults, and seniors, we have over 25 church staff, over 30 preschool staff, and over 15 nursery staff.
Vision: Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all.
Mission: To know Christ and to make Him known.
Core Values: Scripture, Love, Humility, Servanthood, Mission
Find us at: www.colliervilleumc.org
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Family Life, this position provides programs and activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the children of Collierville UMC through the fifth grade grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. This person will work with a diverse group of members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the church. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workloads.
Provide overall direction and administration for all the children’s ministries of CUMC.
Plan and be responsible for all structured children’s ministry activities, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
Collaborate with music ministry staff to ensure the success of SNAP (Sunday Night Arts & Praise)
Provide direction for all special events for children and their families, including seasonal events such as a Family Easter event, Fall festival and VBS.
Teaching the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
Work collaboratively with other ministry directors for the full benefit of the Church.
Be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training and evaluating of Children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other children’s programming.
Serves as Staff Ministry Partner, providing assistance and direction when required for designated ministry Task Teams, especially working directly with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and MOMs Next.
Be responsible for the compliance of the children’s ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the children’s ministries.
Serves and assists with occasional specialized ministry projects as assigned.
Organizational Leadership skills
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Director of Nursery Ministries and the Children’s Ministry Assistant.
This position operates in a professional church office environment and age appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and includes working during programming hours on Sundays and Wednesdays with weekend events and evening meetings, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
5 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position: Children’s Ministries Director/Pastor
Trinitarian Congregational Church, Wayland, MA (TCC)
Who we are:
TCC is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, family-oriented church located in Wayland, MA, serving a population in the greater Metro-West area. As an historic church steeped in the New England evangelical tradition of renewal and revival, TCC seeks to equip disciples of all ages for Gospel ministry in a pluralistic context. We are a sending church, innovating and creating opportunities to proclaim the Gospel both at the local and global level.
● To oversee all aspects of the Pre-K and K-5 programming, staff and volunteers;
● To report to, support, and work with the Family Ministries Pastor, who provides leadership for the Children’s Ministry (Nursery-Grade 5) and Student Ministries (Grades 6-12) programs;
● To teach and impart love and integration of Scripture to nursery through Grade 5 children;
● To articulate the Gospel in theologically sound and creative (age-appropriate) ways;
● To integrate best educational practices in every aspect of the Children’s ministries;
● To foster spiritual growth for the children and their parents/guardians;
● To contribute to TCC’s mission to be a multi-generational worshipping community;
● To create ways to reach new families in the greater MetroWest area ;
● To articulate and model theology, worship and praxis across the generations within the protestant evangelical tradition (see www.tccwayland.org).
Children’s Ministry (39 hrs):
● To grow, develop and execute nursery through grade 5 weekly curriculum and programming;
● To lead teach kindergarten through grade 5 Large Group programming on Sunday mornings as a redemptive historical movement (OT Foundations to NT Fulfillment);
● To recruit and equip children’s program small group leaders with Gospel-centered Small Group programming materials.
Pastoral Leadership (6 hrs)
● To support and disciple the lay leadership;
● To provide Pastoral care and visitation in cooperation with the TCC care team.
B.A. in Bible or M.Div. or Equivalent
Early Childhood Education experience
Full Time (40-50 hours):
While the position is technically 40 hours per week, the responsibilities entrusted to full-time ministry employees at TCC often requires a greater hourly commitment. Therefore, we place an especially high value on Sabbath rest.
The Director (or Pastor) of Children’s Ministries oversees the part-time Pre-K assistant and answers to the Pastor of Family Ministries and the Senior Pastor. He/she is part of the ministry leadership team (Senior Pastor, Pastor of Family Ministries, Director of Worship and Community Life, and Executive Director). Compensation (with benefits) is commensurate with experience.
The TCC Board empowers pastoral staff in ministry and holds the pastoral staff accountable to the bylaws and guidelines of TCC.
All staff are governed by the policies set forth in the most recent version of the Employee Handbook of TCC.
Verve is a 10-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our mission is to love God, love people, and turn the world upside-down. We reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach: the kind of people who are not interested God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. Two-thirds of people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up.
We are seeking a NextGen Pastor to oversee VerveKIDS, our children’s ministry for ages birth through 5th grade, and Verve Students, our ministry for students in 6th through 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Are devoted to kids and students growing in their love for God and people.
- Easily relate to unchurched children, students, and their parents.
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but strategic) style, and random (but strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers.
- Have strong experience raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Demonstrate the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter.
As the NextGen Pastor, you will own all aspects of Verve ministry related to children and students. Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include:
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee weekend VerveKIDS programming. (The current size of this team is approximately 50 volunteers.)
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee programming and special events for Verve Students. (The current size of this team is approximately 15 volunteers.) This includes the weekly Student gathering on Thursday nights during the school year.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for VerveKIDS and Verve Students. (Familiarity with Orange curriculum is a plus.)
- Staffing childcare needs for churchwide events throughout the year.
- Directing and developing the vision of NextGen ministries in accordance with Verve’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Serving as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events. Currently this consists of a Halloween-related event and an Easter-related event. Each of these attracts between 1,500 and 2,000 people from the community.
- Other duties related to NextGen, or NextGen volunteers, as assigned.
We want you to love being part of the team at Verve. Here’s what we will provide:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- At least 14 vacation days per year.
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
- Some of the warmest weather in the country, year-round.
- Staff fun days where you can show off your mad skills at activities that may include laser tag, bowling, or mini-golf.
In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.
Grace Chapel is growing and making an impact in kids’ lives every day. If you’re passionate about supporting children in their early discovery of a relationship with Jesus and you get excited when you see new friendships form then we want to talk to you!
Grace Chapel, a non-denominational multi-site church, in Massachusetts is seeking a Director of Elementary, Children’s Ministry, for our Lexington Campus. The Director of Elementary will serve on our Children’s Ministry Team and will directly support our 300+ weekly elementary children and the team of lay leaders who support them.
Our future director should have a deep commitment to sharing the love of Jesus with children and to having fun while doing it. Strong communication skills are important. Honesty, a love of laughter and a highly collaborative spirit are all essential to success in this role.
You need to be a team player, because the director will be part of our children’s ministry team, our next gen team and our Lexington campus team. The director will lead a team of 100+ volunteer leaders. These many roles will require a high relational capacity and passion for serving alongside others. Finally, the director must be flexible with a willing spirit that doesn’t believe any task is beneath him or her and a desire to serve kids – even if that includes being covered in slime.
Kids and Family Pastor
To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
We believe that children are a blessing from God. As a church we want to do all we can to raise up the next generation to love and serve the Lord. In order to do this we seek to develop a dynamic children’s ministry program where kids encounter the living God through His word and through the love of his people. To be effective we know that our strategy must include supporting and equipping parents.
We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values kids and families as much as we do! We seek a leader who can build a large and effective ministry team of caring volunteers to run a dynamic discipleship program. We seek a leader who will partner with families for pastoral support and spiritual direction.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s children’s ministry. Age zero up through 5th grade.
· Recruit, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the children’s ministry.
· Identify and empower lead volunteer directors who can lead other volunteers.
· Create dynamic, fun, and effective environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
· Minister to parents, helping them become the leaders in their child’s spiritual development.
· Uphold all safety policies and procedures for Journey Kids Ministry, making sure all leaders and volunteers are trained in appropriate safety guidelines.
· Host events or trainings to encourage, support and equip parents.
· Provide support to children and/or their families as needed.
· Oversee a yearly Vacation Bible School or similar event every summer.
· Meet throughout the week with parents for support and discipleship.
· Work together with the Youth Pastor to provide a seamless flow between children’s and youth ministry as well as create rite of passage events for kids and families.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with families about schedule, events, etc.
· A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
· Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
· Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
· 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
· 3+ years of active and relevant children’s ministry leadership experience.
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
· Passionate about kids and families.
· Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
· Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
· Ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
· High energy and passionate about executing a team-led ministry.
· Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience.
Other benefits are included.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com