Full Time Student Ministry, Children Ministry And Small Group Director. The person filling this position will be responsible for effectively developing, organizing, and supervising the Student Ministry and Children Ministry of First United Methodist Church for the purpose of making and growing students into disciples of Jesus Christ. They will lead a team of small group leaders in the growth of a healthy, relational, and outward focused small group ministry that seeks to grow deep relational connections and a growing relationship with Jesus. Job description, application, and information about First United Methodist Church in North Platte, Nebraska is available at firstchurchnp.com. Closing date is August 10, 2020.
Job Status: Non-exempt, 20 hours per week;
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Children’s Director plans, organizes, and leads the CPC Children’s ministry with a Gospel centered holistic family approach.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Build relationships with the children and their families, inside and outside the congregation with the purpose of sharing God’s love for them; Recruit, train, schedule Sunday school teachers and volunteers to ensure the spiritual formation of CPC children. Weekly teaching may be required; Recruit, equip, and develop volunteer leadership through children’s committee to grow engagement of volunteers in CPC Children’s Ministries; Grow engagement of volunteers and children’s program; Plan, market and execute periodic community outreach family events (e.g. Easter Egg Hunt, VBS, Trunk or Treat) to our community in creative ways including postings on our website and social media platforms.
RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES: Administrative: Children’s Ministry budget, churchwide promo (electronic and printed), expense reports, and related supportive documentation; Attend and contribute to weekly staff bible study and staff meetings; Lead monthly children’s committee meetings; Prep curriculum, supplies, special elements, room décor, maintain facilities; Submit a monthly written report to Session on ministry goals and activities; Additional related duties at request of Assistant Pastor.
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Assistant Pastor for Families, Young Adults and Intercultural Ministries; Leads the Children’s Ministries Committee in conjunction with the Assistant Pastor; Lives as a member of the body of CPC; Lives by the CPC Personnel Manual and the Children, Youth, and College Ministry philosophy and leader covenant; Periodic performance reviews by the Assistant Pastor and the Ministerial and Staff Relations Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS: Committed mature believer and growing follower of Jesus Christ; A passion for spiritual formation of children and families; Implements regular rhythm of personal spiritual disciplines; Strong organizational and communication abilities to children, families, volunteers, and staff; Aligns with EPC and CPC doctrine in the Reformed Tradition; Must pass standard CPC background check.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $36,000-$45,896
The Associate Director of Family Ministries will work with the Family Ministries Operation Team to provide vision, strategy, and leadership to the families of Noblesville First. The role will focus primarily on Orange Express, the Children’s Ministry of Noblesville First (~75%). The role will take a leadership role in The Vine Student Ministries, the student ministry of Noblesville First (~25%) as well.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, fun, and relationship building
- Identify, train, and coach leaders for the Children’s Ministry
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for children and families
- Organize and execute exceptional summer programming
- Work alone and alongside the Family Ministries Operations Team to develop events and programs for children and their families
- Engage in community outreach with families
- Communicate to families to inform them of current and upcoming events
- Co-lead Wednesday night Youth Group
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Sit on the Student Ministries Advisory Council
- Be willing to consistently work Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as well as other nights/weekends as required
- Attend and/or lead necessary training for Family Ministries staff including, but not limited to, CPR, First Aid, Safe Sanctuaries, Stop the Bleed, ALICE, etc.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget
- Help plan and attend student mission trips
- Maintain a connection with the Preschool Director and Preschool board
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- 3+ years working in ministry to children and/or youth preferred
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- A great team player that is willing to strategize and vision with the Family Ministries Operations Team
- Flexibility – as of now, our Children’s Ministry is not meeting in person. We need someone who can provide an effective online experience as well as in-person.
- Be an effective teacher in-person and on camera
- A genuinely devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart
- A commitment to the mission of Noblesville First and the United Methodist Church
- Has a basic understanding of United Methodist and Wesleyan theology
- Be willing to become a member of Noblesville First United Methodist Church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Flexible hours
- Socially distanced office
- Voting time off
- Ability to work remotely on occasion
- 10 paid company holidays, plus a day off during your Birthday week
- Comp time
- Expense account
- Paid Sabbatical leave (every 7 years)
*Please note – we do not offer medical, dental, or vision benefits
To apply, please submit all of the following documents to Noblesville First at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three references (include name, job title, phone number, and email address)
The Garfield County Christian Youth Program is primed and ready for a new season of growth. We are a para-Church ministry working to serve Garfield County Washington by supporting the local Church and disciplining youth through lifestyle evangelism. This is a special ministry with lots of community support. We operate a after school Bible club for K-5th, Sunday Night Youth Group for 6th-12th, community outreach events, annual mission trips, and so much more! For more information on who we are and what we do check out our website www.GCCYP.com.
We are looking for a Director of Ministry our job description is as follows.
General Purpose of Position:
To serve as the Pastor of the Garfield County Christian Youth Program. To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Board of Directors.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels within the Garfield County Christian Youth Program. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of ministry is to love God, love people, and serve others in order to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Be a supportive member of GCCYP.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the Board of Directors about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the organization and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Communicate and work closely with parents in the discipleship of their youth.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Coordinate group curriculum for youth (grades 6-12).
- Work in partnership with Board of Directors to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must have an unwavering and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Must have a reputation that models and promotes the Christian faith.
- Must embrace the Garfield County Christian Youth Programs statement of Faith.
- Must have a clear calling to youth ministry and a passion to serve students, not just a desire for a career in ministry.
- Formal Biblical training in biblical studies.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry in alignment with the mission and vision of GCCYP. ( http://www.gccyp.com/what-we-believe.html )
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, parents of youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
Please email any questions you have.
Applicant must be passionate about leading children and youth in their faith journey, be a good communicator, energetic, show emotional and spiritual maturity, and be a well organized leader. Applicant should be at least 25 years of age, have a Bachelors degree, have a theological fit with the Presbyterian Church, and have at least 2 years experience in a related field with any seminary training optional. Can refer to our church web site at: fpcbentonville.org or contact David Hill at 479-644-0624 or Pastor Katie Cummings at 281-636-8067.
North Central Texas Academy
North Central Texas Academy is an accredited, interdenominational Christian boarding, day, and international school for deserving students. North Central Texas Academy accepts students from all over the world who, for one reason or another, need or desire a place to live and learn away from their home.
A variety of staff professionals (including educational, vocational, guidance counseling, nursing, musical, technological, and athletic) work in concert to address the overall needs of each student.
North Central Texas Academy students live, attend the fully-accredited (K-12) private academy, participate in agriculture/4H/FFA, sports, music, art, and many other opportunities.
Residential Parents are the backbone of our boarding program. Currently we have 13 residences that house up to 8 students and three Resident Parents—one married couple and a single adult.
Resident Parents are tasked with leading and mentoring their students in a highly structured community. Resident Parent’s oversee the personal growth and development of each student assigned to their home. The students develop responsible behavior as they work and interact within the residence.
Students are given assistance in developing wise time-management skills, and interpersonal relationship skills with peers and adults. The opportunity to build essential character traits such as honesty, kindness, patience, tolerance, and self-control is provided also. Resident Parents are always aware of the God-given potential within each student and are willing to accept them where they are. The students experience a peaceful, warm, relaxed atmosphere, and feel a sense of belonging within a home environment.
Current positions available are for single women who will alternate shifts within the residence.
· Resident Parents work a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off.
· Time off follows the Academic Calendar (nearly 2 ½ months of time off)
· Opportunity to be a full time student
· Private apartment provided
· All utilities paid
· Meals provided while on duty
· Health benefits are offered.
Please Apply at NCTA/Employment
The principle function of this role is to support Joplin First United Methodist Church’s mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by directing vital ministries for children, youth and their families and by equipping the congregation to serve in hands-on missions.
Foothills Community Church, Molalla, Oregon
Foothills Community Church is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range in Molalla, OR. Molalla is a beautiful, growing bedroom community with a unique sense of community and link to the past. Molalla’s current stage of both economic and population growth has created an exciting opportunity to expand the church’s influence.
Foothills Community Church has grown to be one church in two locations with over 1000 people in weekly attendance across both campuses. Our campuses are alive with many activities throughout the week. At Foothills, we believe that going to church should be an experience that changes a person’s life. Church should be genuine, authentic, and relevant; a place where all people are loved and accepted and are challenged to grow and make an impact on the world around them.
Kids Church Program Administrator- Molalla Campus
Foothills Kids Ministries believes that kids who learn to love God and love others will make a positive impact on the world around them. When we teach kids the value of glorifying God, through everything they do, the world around them changes for the better.
Kids naturally bring a sense of excitement and hope that inspires us to dream and have fun, and Foothills Kids Church is a place where kids are celebrated! It is a place where kids can develop a personal relationship with Jesus, and learn what following Him looks like.
Apply for our Kids Church Program Administrator position to join us in carrying out God’s vision for transforming lives here in the Molalla area. This is a full-time position, responsible for shepherding kids and volunteers in a high energy, relational program serving kindergarten-6th grade. This position reports directly to the Foothills Kids Ministries Director who oversees the leadership and direction of all kid’s programming.
The right person to fill this position will be a strong and effective communicator, with an ability to be both people and task oriented. An applicant with experience in education and/or children’s ministry, or a track record of experience in a leadership role that includes teaching, training and developing programming is ideal.
Do you have a passion to help kids grow and thrive in their faith journey, and a heart to support and equip families to disciple their kids? Do you understand the importance of the next generation being equipped with a biblical worldview in order to lead the church 20 years from now? Consider joining us as we “reach kids with the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, equipping them to follow Jesus fully in order to experience His presence and demonstrate His power, transforming our world.”
Kids Church Program Administrator: Molalla Campus 2020
❖ The Molalla Campus Kids Church Program Administrator will provide leadership, oversight and direc;on for the K-6th Grade program, and will communicate and promote the overall vision and core values of Foothills Community Church.
❖ Kim Renner- Foothills Kids Ministries Director ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prayer, Bible Study, Personal Growth, Leadership Development.
Recruit and schedule volunteers, including subs;tute coverage.
Lead and train teams of volunteers.
Plan and implement Sunday curriculum.
Ordering/purchasing supplies and equipment.
Organize and maintain Kids Church space.
Sunday responsibili;es that may include but are not limited to; lesson prep, teaching or assis;ng in a
classroom, set up/clean-up of supplies/materials, on site Sunday leadership and availability to problem
solve technology issues and address people needs (both volunteer and family).
Manage program budget and record keeping.
Communica;on with staff, parents and church regarding Kids Church.
Regular mee;ngs with Foothills Kids Ministries Director to communicate goals, plans and needs.
Par;cipa;on in monthly staff mee;ngs and employee huddles.
Vision and planning for Kids Church growth.
Create, maintain and update ministry informa;on for volunteers and families in Kid Check database.
Create and implement policies and procedures in conjunc;on with the Foothills Kids Ministries
Navigate technology (computers, IPad, printers, apps)
Develop new program elements in collabora;on with the Foothills Kids Ministries Director.
Mature conflict resolu;on.
❖ 32-40 hour per week posi;on: Sunday – Thursday hours scheduled by the Foothills Kids Ministries Director.
❖ Start Date: 2020 ❖ Salaried
First United Methodist Church in Blue Springs is seeking a full-time Next-Gen Director to begin this fall who will oversee our children’s ministry, First Kids, for ages birth through 5th grade, and our student ministry, Impact Youth, for 6th through 12th grade students. We are searching for a leader who will build up these programs, reach new families, and provide vision and direction with the ultimate goal of helping young people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. We are committed to the Orange curriculum philosophy, believing that when the home and the church work together, we can have a greater impact on the life of a young person.
The ideal candidate for this position is…
- Experienced in children’s and/or student ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity).
- Strategically minded and able to think years down the road.
- Familiar with the Orange curriculum philosophy and United Methodist theology.
- Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others.
- Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others.
- Ideally holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision and discipleship pathway for children and youth from birth through graduation.
- Managing and overseeing the FirstKids Director and Children’s Music Leaders for weekend programming, special events, and children’s music programs.
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee First Kids and Impact Youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for First Kids, Impact Youth, and our confirmation program.
- Attending weekly staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Establishing a communication plan to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
- Keeping up-to-date with “Safe Gatherings” certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
Other Duties Include:
- Developing an annual calendar of events for kids and students with the intention of inviting new families into community at First UMC.
- Planning a summer mission trip and/or camp for Impact Youth
- Staffing childcare needs for church-wide events throughout the year.
- Participating in weekend worship when scheduling allows.
- Being involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
- Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
Lines of Accountability:
The NextGen Director will report to the Lead Pastor for the purpose of work evaluation and review. This position is finally accountable to the Leadership Council of First United Methodist Church and has direct access to that committee when desired. A written copy of employee policies, guidelines, benefits and holidays is on file in the Church office and can be requested.
We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will provide:
- Starting salary begins at $40k with adjustments dependent on experience.
- Medical insurance provided
- At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year.
- Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months)
When you submit your resume and cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Blue Springs, what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position, and your favorite breakfast cereal. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Children’s Ministry provides vision, strategy and leadership for the children of Calvary (birth-5th grade) and their families, consistent with Calvary’s Vision and Values. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life.
- Be a great teammate; encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Create a warm and inviting environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach leaders who love kids
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences and curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Organize and execute an exceptional VBS experience
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply to be a part of our incredible team please, email your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org