POSITION: Kids Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: Pastor Matt & Raven Cannon, Kids Pastors
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
● Must be available Sundays from 7am-2pm
● Monday – Thursday office hours / special events for kids ministry
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s Kids Ministry is passionate about planting seeds of faith in the
children of San Francisco and cultivating a love for Jesus Christ. We want our children to be spiritually
alive and unified in Christ!
We are looking for the right person to join our team to direct one of our Kids Ministry Campus
locations under the direct leadership of the Kids Pastors. We have two locations, one in downtown
San Francisco in the Mission district and one at Riordan High School. The Kids Ministry Director
manages the execution of high-quality kids’ ministry for three Sunday services at one location. This
includes overseeing staff and volunteer leaders as they fill their various roles.
Operating as one church, two locations. The director will work in conjunction with and under the
leadership of the Kid’s Pastors daily. The Kids Ministry Director also plays a key role in special events
planned by the Kids Ministry.
Skills required to fulfill this job include excellent communication and organizational skills. The Kids
Ministry Director will be someone who loves Jesus, connects well with children, takes initiative, and
has a positive attitude. They should be a leader who is empathetic, discerning, loving, kind, and full of
energy and life. And of course, they should LOVE children!
● Lead weekly Sunday Kids services and other events at either the Mission or Riordan Campus
○ Set up, break down, and execute
○ Lead operations of classrooms / check-in & out
● Help with leading volunteer teams and recruiting new volunteers
● Administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, sending e-updates, keeping inventory
supplies, communicating to volunteers, and delivering curriculum content to teachers.
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134
● Stays accountable to the Kids Pastors weekly for mentorship and direction.
● Leads on Sundays in pre/post set up, host prayer for the volunteers, and welcomes families as
they arrive on Sundays at check-in stations. Manages volunteers and families with enthusiasm
● Fill in as teacher/assistant in classrooms as needed or to help coach other volunteers.
● Meet weekly with the Kids Team and Kids Pastors.
● Will help coordinate special events along with Kids Pastors and the Admin Assistant.
● Work closely with the Kids Pastors to implement the vision of Kids at Cornerstone across the
entire kids ministry.
● Excellent computer and communication skills and can multitask.
● Experience in children’s ministry and/or studies in children’s ministry.
● Desires to work with a team.
● Experience working with early childhood or elementary children.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Works well with systems for check-in, management of databases and presenting media in
classrooms. (ex. Planning Center Online & Propresenter, Google Docs and Spreadsheets,
Google Drive, Excel, Pages or Microsoft Word)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● A lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment to Christ
● Passion for children and leading them to Jesus
● Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with families
● Strong interpersonal communication skills
● Hardworking team player who is eager to learn and takes initiative
● Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Excels at time management
● Commitment to the church body outside of kids ministry, including attending weekly Sunday
service, supporting body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or
ABOUT CORNERSTONESF: CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational
Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to
worship Jesus, and learn about Him for 60-ish minutes in a casual, yet sacred space. So no matter
which campus you’re at, our mission is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134
Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation
About Us: Oxford Presbyterian Church is a diverse congregation, called together to care for one another and worship Jesus Christ. Located in downtown Oxford, PA, the congregation views its neighborhood as its primary venue for ministry. The worshipping body averages about 170 people each Sunday, representing a diverse array of viewpoints, ages, and life circumstances. As the spiritual home to a number of young families and located just steps away from a large retirement community, OPC desires to better facilitate the discipleship and spiritual formation of all ages.
Position Title: Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation
Status: Full Time (For a term of six months. Renewable by action of the Administration and Personnel Committee. The Transitional Director may apply for the permanent position by invitation of the session.)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Accountability: The Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff and the Session.
Relationships: The Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation will work in close cooperation with the Pastor/Head of Staff, the Christian Education Committee and its chairperson, the Worship Committee and its chairperson, the Director and Board of the Oxford Community Preschool, volunteers, and families of program participants.
• A passionate and contagious faith in Jesus Christ.
• A familiarity and general agreement with Presbyterian polity, Reformed theology, and the denominational identity of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• A bachelors degree (Masters preferred) with an emphasis in Christian Education, Children’s education, or a related field.
• Christian Educator certification, ordination, or certification of readiness to receive a call in the PC(USA) is preferred
• 3+ years of professional experience in program coordination for children, youth, and families
• Aptitudes in leadership, teamwork, teaching, recruiting and delegation.
• A proven track record of excellent communication, administration, and organization
• An ability to engage a diverse array of theological and social beliefs with an inclusive and loving spirit
• Collaborate with the Pastor/Head of Staff, Christian Education and Worship Committees, and other volunteers on a strategic plan for the spiritual formation of persons of all ages.
• Collaborate with the Pastor/Head of Staff and Christian Education and Worship Committees to develop parental and congregational involvement with children and youth.
• Acquire and adapt curriculum materials to address the specific needs of the congregation.
• Recruit, vet, train, and support a dynamic and engaged Sunday school and Children’s Church teaching staff.
• Facilitate the youth group meeting twice per month.
• Encourage, promote, and participate in spiritual development, fellowship, and service opportunities for youth such as retreats, conferences, mission trips, day outings, etc.
• Identify and develop opportunities for the participation of children and youth in
worship in coordination with the Pastor/Head of Staff and chair of the Worship Committee.
• Develop and promote programs and home-study curriculum to encourage families in their discipleship and spiritual formation.
• Develop a communication strategy for keeping program participants, their families, and the congregation informed and engaged in the congregation’s ministries of spiritual formation.
• Aid in ensuring all required clearances are filed, trainings completed, and security and safety protocol are enacted.
Cover Letters and Resumes (or PIFs) may be sent to: staffingOPC@gmail.com
First United Methodist Church of Decatur, Alabama is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries (DCM). As part of our church’s ministry team the DCM will plan, manage, and execute the Children’s Ministry Program for children in the nursery through 5th grade. The DCM must have the ability to develop and lead programs that bring and assimilate new families with children into the church.
As the leader of children’s ministries, the DCM will provide spiritual guidance and care for the children who participate in our programs, for their parents, volunteer workers, and guests. The DCM will coordinate plans for children’s ministries that support the goals and objectives of the church and will work collaboratively with other staff members and ministry teams to accomplish these goals and objectives. The DCM must be able to work as part of a team, delegate, mentor, and grow church volunteers.
- Proven experience in building relationships grounded in Christ’s love.
- Experience leading children using creative ideas to strengthen their faith.
- Experience building and working with a team.
- Four-year college degree, graduate, or professional studies in Children’s Ministries.
- Experience in a variety of communication platforms including social media, print, and public speaking.
- Experience in a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
In addition, applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, have a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record. Before being hired applicants will be required to complete a drug screen, background, and credit check. Please include a cover letter with a resume and professional references when you apply. Application materials may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Current information about Children’s Ministries at Decatur First United Methodist Church.
The Menlo Kids Director will work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch children into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Kids strategy that draws families into the church
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly weekend ministry experience
- Build a relational and effective Kids Ministry team
- Minister to families connecting what happens on weekends to what happens at home
- Engage with parents
- Manage campus Menlo Kids staff
- Work closely with Central Ministry Leader and Central Staff of Menlo Kids
- Knowledgeable in Kids Ministries with at least 2 years of experience; 5 years is preferred
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as, part of a team.
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church.
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online.
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
… SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN OTHERS
To serve Bethany Ballard by developing ministries to equip and support parents in their primary role as nurturers of their family’s faith in Christ. To lead the efforts in welcoming and serving each person who comes to Bethany Ballard.
KidTown is a large, dynamic ministry of Overlake Christian Church. We work to help families raise kids that Love God, Love People and Serve the World by helping them take one step closer in relationship with Jesus. We do this through a variety of ways but everything we do is through the lens of child development and learning. We look to minister to the whole child and respond to their developmental needs as they grow in our ministry. We strive to be a church that says “yes” to every family, regardless of their needs, struggles, concerns and fears.
The Upper Elementary Minister reports to the Lead Children’s Pastor. Their role is to oversee the discipleship for children in 3-5th grade. They work with a volunteer team to ensure that children are engaged and equipped to explore their faith in a loving, safe and intentional environment. We want all children to feel included at church and that church is place where they are known, heard and loved. The primary program for this ministry is during weekend services but also includes events throughout the year. The UE Director works in close collaboration with the entire KidTown team to ensure a high quality of programs and care for kids and families.
Relational skills and willingness to teach/preach or lead from stage are important. Desire to learn, grow and work as a team is vital. Experience in education or working with children that have additional needs is desirable.
click to see a video of leaders in action
North Central Texas Academy
North Central Texas Academy is an accredited, interdenominational Christian boarding, day, and international school for deserving students. North Central Texas Academy accepts students from all over the world who, for one reason or another, need or desire a place to live and learn away from their home.
A variety of staff professionals (including educational, vocational, guidance counseling, nursing, musical, technological, and athletic) work in concert to address the overall needs of each student.
North Central Texas Academy students live, attend the fully-accredited (K-12) private academy, participate in agriculture/4H/FFA, sports, music, art, and many other opportunities.
Residential Parents are the backbone of our boarding program. Currently we have 13 residences that house up to 8 students and three Resident Parents—one married couple and a single adult.
Resident Parents are tasked with leading and mentoring their students in a highly structured community. Resident Parent’s oversee the personal growth and development of each student assigned to their home. The students develop responsible behavior as they work and interact within the residence.
Students are given assistance in developing wise time-management skills, and interpersonal relationship skills with peers and adults. The opportunity to build essential character traits such as honesty, kindness, patience, tolerance, and self-control is provided also. Resident Parents are always aware of the God-given potential within each student and are willing to accept them where they are. The students experience a peaceful, warm, relaxed atmosphere, and feel a sense of belonging within a home environment.
Positions offered are for married couples, single men and single women who will alternate shifts within the residence.
· Resident Parents work a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off.
· Time off follows the Academic Calendar (nearly 2 ½ months of time off)
· Opportunity to be a full time student
· Private apartment provided
· All utilities paid
· Meals provided while on duty
· Health benefits are offered.
The BeTweens Ministries Lead will lead Calvary Baptist Church’s ministry to 5th and 6th grade students by developing a base of volunteers who, along with the BeTweens Ministries Lead, mentor 5th-6th grade students. He/she will cast a vision for the BeTweens ministry that coincides with the Young Adult Pastor’s vision for student ministry. The goal of Calvary Student Ministry is to integrate students into the life of the church by mentoring them to be part of the church today and training them to lead the church tomorrow.
Email Pastor Zach with resume to apply
We are replacing a full-time children’s director position. Depending on candidates, we will either be replacing it with another full-time person or multiple part-time people with the right skills in the right areas to work well as a team. When you apply, please indicate in the cover letter whether you are interested in full-time and/or part-time.
We have a number of ministries outside of Sundays that we want to continue to improve and add more outreach and service opportunities to for children and their families.
VBS/Camp that has been a solid outreach to unchurched for us
Various age group parties and fun events for people to invite their unchurched friends and families to so as to build friendships that will be redemptive
Parent empowerment classes and events (that can be done in concert with our Thrive Counseling and Coaching Center, a professional community counseling center that is an extension ministry of the church).
We are looking for someone who can
Motivate, train and manage our large team of volunteers (in excess of 100 volunteers for some events) and 2 part-time assistants
Be the face of Sunday mornings for families and children including being a dynamic large group presenter and good mentor of children’s small group leaders
Recruit adults, youth and older children and empower them effectively as volunteers for Sundays and various events throughout the year multiplying workers and leaders
Administrate the ministry through effectively supplying fantastic digital and in person support and focus for volunteer workers, leaders, teams, parents and social media marketing to the community
Execute on and regularly refine a fantastic assimilation plan for children of all ages and their families
Continue to encourage and develop the children’s teams: Prayer team, worship team, welcome team.
The Summit Church, a rapidly growing congregation in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, is seeking an energetic, dynamic Jesus-loving person to be our Director of Kids Ministry. The right person will demonstrate a strong commitment to Jesus Christ while providing the entrepreneurial leadership necessary to take a thriving kid’s ministry program to the next level and help children, parents and other family members find a thriving and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The right candidate will be available to work a full-time schedule that will include Saturday and Sunday hours. If you are the right person to help us get children engaged and connected, send your resume to email@example.com.