Karnes City United Methodist Church
Director of Discipleship for Children and Youth
1. Create a safe and organized system to transport children and youth
2. Ensure background checks are current on all adult volunteers
3. Choose curriculum, along with pastor and youth council, which reflects our church values and theology
4. Equip volunteers to lead effectively
5. Foster an environment with children and youth where they look forward to participating and building lasting memories
6. Develop and cast a vision for the children and youth ministries, and keep that vision before the whole church
7. Develop, submit, and monitor the children and youth ministry budget
8. Recruit volunteers and helpers
9. Meet regularly with volunteers and youth council for advice and support
10. Arrange a variety of activities: Sunday School, After School Programs, Youth Bible studies, “lock-ins”, mission trips, camps, retreats, fundraisers, etc.
11. Stay current with curriculums and studies, ensure volunteers always have the best available resources for working with children and youth
12. Confidentiality between the Youth Director, parents /guardians and the children and/or youth should always be maintained.
13. Create a culture where children and youth desire to invite their friends
14. Regularly attend Church Board meetings to present updates on the Youth and Children Ministry
15. Regularly participate in worship at Karnes City UMC
Must love children. Must be a strong disciple of Jesus Christ, who displays evidence of the Holy’s Spirit’s power and influence within them. A children and youth director should have the capacity to juggle responsibilities and prioritize them effectively. This person will be detailed oriented with a soft, nurturing, and kind relationship among children and youth and adults.
Specific considerations include:
* No criminal history
* On fire for the Lord and Spirit filled
* A thorough understanding of biblical theology and the ability to communicate this to children and youth
* The ability to teach, and respond spontaneously to all questions.
* Strong personal references
* A respect for confidentiality
* A strong work ethic and ability to make difficult decisions
* Energetic & passionate with a confidence to lead children and youth ministry
* A background in Christian education, or youth ministry, or significant equivalent ministry experience
* The ability to promote the program and raise funds for events
* A capacity to communicate clearly to children, youth, and adults
* Leadership skills
* The ability to build and maintain rapport with administrative and pastoral staff, volunteers, youth and children
* Strong organizational skills and follow-through
* The ability to work unsupervised
* An understanding of how to safely and legally use digital technology to engage youth, their families, and the community
* A strong vision for a growing youth ministry program
* Exceptional communication skills
The Children’s Ministry Director develops, directs and coordinates classes and activities which reveal and share a faith in Jesus Christ for newborn through 5th grade children. The overall goal of children’s ministries is to provide a safe environment where children are loved, nurtured and taught the Christian faith by word and example. As the CM Director develops personal relationships with children and their families, he/she is better able to partner with them as they train up their children in the Lord. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- · Plan, schedule and oversee Sunday morning classes, policy and safety procedures
- · Recruit, screen, train, schedule and coordinate all children’s ministry servants for classes and events
- · Create and lead a leadership team
- · Define a mission for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision – Helping the children to Love Jesus First
- · Evaluate programs, curriculum, safety procedures and classroom operations
- · Distribute curriculum for all the classes
- · Identify and execute mission opportunities for children to participate in
- · Develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget
- · Assist in arranging and designing classrooms and hallways to create an effective learning environment
- · Communicate regularly with church leadership, parents and church body
- · Plan and implement special Sundays and events related to children and families
- · Establish transition to Middle School
- · A personal, active and growing relationship with Jesus
- · A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13, 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- · Positive, flexible, and self-motivated
- · Servant-hearted
- · A passion for children’s ministry
- · Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in a related field
- · Experience working with children
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- · Strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills
- · Ability to steward people, time, and money well
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
Since the relaunch of Wooddale’s Edina Campus in 2014, its Woods children’s ministry has grown from a handful of children to now welcoming over 100 children every weekend. This dynamic growth also includes the remodel of our children’s environments as well as the launch of a new W.O.W. midweek program, a children’s choir and several strategic events throughout the year. Our next Children’s Ministry Director will have the unique opportunity to build on this growth through their visionary leadership and strong ability to lead energized teams of leaders who are dedicated to reaching and discipling more children/families for Jesus.
• Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
• Experience and skills in connecting with children and parents of various backgrounds
• Experience and desire to recruit, train and shepherd large teams of volunteers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and their parents
• A relational leader skilled in organization, creativity, team-building and problem solving
• Familiarity with multisite strategy preferred
• Growing as a disciple who is actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Remain a regular participant in public worship and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church
Lead a growing and highly engaging children’s ministry where children ages birth-4th grade are excited to attend and grow in their faith in Jesus:
• Oversee all weekly programming at the Edina Campus and its various aspects including scheduling volunteers, managing budget, implementing curriculum/instruction, preparing classroom environments/supplies and communication
• Ensure all programs and environments are safe, fun and Christ-honoring
• Plan and lead special outreach and discipleship events throughout the year
• Communicate to and with staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents
Recruit and develop teams of leaders and volunteers:
• Effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the Children’s ministry
• Develop leadership teams within the Children’s ministry by casting vision, coaching and identifying and investing in team members
• Continually recruit, train, appreciate and encourage volunteers
• Provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members
Develop and implement strategies that equip parents in the discipleship of their children:
• Child Dedications, Baptisms, Bible Presentations and other events or strategies that enable parents in the discipleship of their children
• Follow up with new families
• Continually connect with and shepherd kids and their parents
Support the vision, direction and leadership of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
• Attend Children’s Ministries meetings with other campus staff to help develop, assist and lead children’s initiatives and events
• Be an active participant of the Edina Staff and Campus Leadership Team
• Assist in the outreach of the Edina Campus by building relationships in the community
• Partner with the Wooddale Edina Academy director and staff to increase ministry to families and the community
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Dotted line reporting to the Children’s Pastor at the Eden Prairie Campus
• Supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires weekend and weeknights as part of your regular work week, including the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Real Life Church is a vibrant and growing church in Bowling Green, Ky which is one hour north of Nashville, TN. Our mission is to help people experience life by following Jesus and we think this happens in four steps: Knowing God, Finding Freedom, Discovering Purpose, and Making A Difference. We are looking for a Children’s Ministry Director who is gifted at building teams and leading others. They will be able lead through innovation, collaboration, and the development of a strong leadership base that partners with parents to nurture and equip children to become lifelong followers of Jesus. The age range of RLC KidsLife is birth through 5th grade and meets weekly on Sunday mornings in multiple services.
LBC Kids serves children from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large
outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging
parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and
environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about
Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To oversee the ministry’s regular programming, large events and service team while making meaningful connections
with children and parents. We expect a strong emphasis on grounding children in the foundational doctrines of the
Christian faith and what it means to live out those beliefs in practical ways. In addition, this position will seek to
engage and equip parents in discipleship of their children in the home. Our desire is that both Christian and non-
Christian parents would find LBC Kids attractive for equipping children to live responsibly in a confusing and
increasingly dangerous culture.
▪ A growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
▪ A humble and teachable spirit born out of personal security in Christ and an understanding of his/her
▪ A life dependent on the Holy Spirit and faith as demonstrated by an active prayer life
▪ Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
▪ Supports the core beliefs of LBC
▪ Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
▪ Has a vision for reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, discipling and inspiring children to
grow in their relationship with Christ
▪ Views parents as partners in the process of relational discipleship
▪ Proven leadership experience leading children’s ministry with an emphasis on both children and parents
▪ Specific academic training in children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher), or comparable
▪ Proven leadership skills and outcomes
▪ Visionary/creative in leadership; proven implementer
▪ Proven team player and team builder; motivational and inspiring
▪ Pastoral abilities; shepherd leadership
▪ Strong organizational skills
▪ Effective teaching skills for children and adults
▪ Effective communication skills (verbal, written and social media)
▪ Exemplifies relational discipleship
▪ Educational understanding of curriculum
▪ Understanding of family dynamics with ability to inspire, tech and intervene (counsel
▪ Passionate promoter for the next generation parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities:
▪ Provide direction and support to the vision and mission of LBC Kids
▪ Oversee, direct, and assess the effectiveness of all children’s programs, events, and service teams
▪ Communicate, connect and engage with kids and parents
▪ Create an environment in which staff can flourish, be inspired and feel valued
▪ Collaborate and build up areas, programs and positions of LBC Kids; create a unified ministry
▪ Provide direction to maintain a healthy environment for service in collaboration with the Service Team
▪ Recruit, train and develop service team members; implement and assess effectiveness of training
▪ Provide direction and input regarding curriculum; monitor its fidelity
▪ Provide modeling and training for:
o effective teaching
o effective small group interaction
o relational discipleship for kids and parents
▪ Teach parenting classes for adults
▪ Provide shepherd/pastoral leadership and care for service team members, staff, kids, parents and
▪ Provide support and assistance for Preschool and Elementary Directors
▪ Provide administrative leadership for office, staff and ministry
▪ Participate in annual budget planning process
▪ Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
Accountability / Relationships:
▪ Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
▪ Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervisor
▪ Inter-office Relations: LBC Kids staff
▪ Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
▪ Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of
unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
▪ Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building
▪ Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outline in the LBC Employee
▪ Joyfully serve as an LBC ministry person in various other areas on an as-needed basis:
o Assist with hospital visitation
o Officiate weddings and funerals
o Be available for appointments and calls in the office
New Bridge Church is located in Winterset Iowa and we are looking for a part time Children’s Minister to minister to kids from K-4th grade. You would be working approximately 20 hours per week as the Children’s Minister of New Bridge Church. During the summer you would be lead a team to run Children’s Church on Sunday mornings. From August to May you would lead a team of volunteers to run the Wednesday evening program, Bridge Kids, K-4th Grade. Our Wednesday night program runs 40-60 students from kindergarten through fourth grade. You would be working alongside the Associate and Senior Pastors to reach Winterset elementary aged students with the Gospel.
Here’s a bit about who we are:
Our Community: We are based out of Marysville, Ohio (Northwest of Columbus by 30 minutes)! Our town has many companies like Honda, Scotts/Miracle Grow, Nestle, and many other smaller companies. The community is growing very fast and lots of families are not connected with a church.
Our Church: Our church dates back to the early 1820s. We average about 400-450 in weekly church attendance. We have traditional and contemporary worship. We have a large building with a full gym, many classrooms, and a sanctuary. Check out our church website: www.marysvillefumc.org.
Youth & Children’s Ministry: our 7th-12th grade (Quake) ministry averages 50-70 and our 5th/6th grade (Outbreak) ministry averages around 20. Our children’s program has about 40-50 on a Sunday morning for Sunday School (3-6th grade) and 20-30 for Children’s Church (3yrs old to 4th grade). Check out our youth website: www.quakeyouth.org
Resume and questionnaire is due by April 30, 2019!
College Parkway Baptist Church, a moderate Baptist church in Arnold, Maryland, is seeking an experienced Student Minister to lead our children and youth ministries. An advanced degree in Ministry is preferred; a background in Education and prior paid Youth or Children’s ministry experience is required. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) at a salary of $36,000 per year. Resumes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4/26/19. For more information, visit our website – http://www.collegeparkwaybaptist.net.
Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Status: Full Time 40+ hrs. per week
Reports to: Directional Leader
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
The Children’s ministry director will work with the children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of ministry to children aged 0-4th grade. The Director is responsible for inspiring, engaging, and equipping members of New Heights Bentonville to make disciples of children who love God passionately and love people tangibly.
We ask that our employees embrace our staff core values:
Our Staff Core Values are:
Soul Care – If your heart is sick your ministry will be sick. Abide in Christ!
Question: How am I caring for my own soul and the souls of my coworkers?
Pray about everything – We accomplish more when we go with God.
Question: Have I taken time to stop, pray, and listen?
Take Risks – When we wait for something to be perfect, we fail. Do something!
Question: What God sized dreams am I sticking my neck out for?
Replace Ourselves – Great leaders help people grow and move up.
Question: Who am I empowering and releasing?
Make it Personal – Own your zone and contribute to the whole.
Question: How am I personally invested, inside and outside of my job description, in working here?
Growth Mindset – We can grow, adapt, change, and get better.
Questions: How I am growing personally? How can my ministry grow?
Develop a mission and vision for Children’s ministry that aligns with the mission and vision of NHB
Clarify, cast, a promote the vision of children’s ministry to families and volunteers.
Develop and implement a clear strategy with appropriate programing and curriculum to minister to children and families.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to make sure children’s ministry is safe and secure.
Lead the children’s ministry team to teach Biblical truth to transform lives and make disciples to children and volunteers
Manage and develop children’s ministry team of staff and volunteers
Shepherd the children’s ministry staff and volunteer team.
Manage all aspects of volunteerism within children’s ministry (Recruiting, Training, Administration/scheduling)
Oversee pastoral care for families within the children’s ministry span of care.
Drives accountability/ results
Heart for kids
A bachelor’s degree with a preferred 5 years of ministry experience working with children.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
POSITION: Kids Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: Pastor Matt & Raven Cannon, Kids Pastors
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
● Must be available Sundays from 7am-2pm
● Monday – Thursday office hours / special events for kids ministry
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s Kids Ministry is passionate about planting seeds of faith in the
children of San Francisco and cultivating a love for Jesus Christ. We want our children to be spiritually
alive and unified in Christ!
We are looking for the right person to join our team to direct one of our Kids Ministry Campus
locations under the direct leadership of the Kids Pastors. We have two locations, one in downtown
San Francisco in the Mission district and one at Riordan High School. The Kids Ministry Director
manages the execution of high-quality kids’ ministry for three Sunday services at one location. This
includes overseeing staff and volunteer leaders as they fill their various roles.
Operating as one church, two locations. The director will work in conjunction with and under the
leadership of the Kid’s Pastors daily. The Kids Ministry Director also plays a key role in special events
planned by the Kids Ministry.
Skills required to fulfill this job include excellent communication and organizational skills. The Kids
Ministry Director will be someone who loves Jesus, connects well with children, takes initiative, and
has a positive attitude. They should be a leader who is empathetic, discerning, loving, kind, and full of
energy and life. And of course, they should LOVE children!
● Lead weekly Sunday Kids services and other events at either the Mission or Riordan Campus
○ Set up, break down, and execute
○ Lead operations of classrooms / check-in & out
● Help with leading volunteer teams and recruiting new volunteers
● Administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, sending e-updates, keeping inventory
supplies, communicating to volunteers, and delivering curriculum content to teachers.
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134
● Stays accountable to the Kids Pastors weekly for mentorship and direction.
● Leads on Sundays in pre/post set up, host prayer for the volunteers, and welcomes families as
they arrive on Sundays at check-in stations. Manages volunteers and families with enthusiasm
● Fill in as teacher/assistant in classrooms as needed or to help coach other volunteers.
● Meet weekly with the Kids Team and Kids Pastors.
● Will help coordinate special events along with Kids Pastors and the Admin Assistant.
● Work closely with the Kids Pastors to implement the vision of Kids at Cornerstone across the
entire kids ministry.
● Excellent computer and communication skills and can multitask.
● Experience in children’s ministry and/or studies in children’s ministry.
● Desires to work with a team.
● Experience working with early childhood or elementary children.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Works well with systems for check-in, management of databases and presenting media in
classrooms. (ex. Planning Center Online & Propresenter, Google Docs and Spreadsheets,
Google Drive, Excel, Pages or Microsoft Word)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● A lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment to Christ
● Passion for children and leading them to Jesus
● Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with families
● Strong interpersonal communication skills
● Hardworking team player who is eager to learn and takes initiative
● Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Excels at time management
● Commitment to the church body outside of kids ministry, including attending weekly Sunday
service, supporting body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or
ABOUT CORNERSTONESF: CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational
Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to
worship Jesus, and learn about Him for 60-ish minutes in a casual, yet sacred space. So no matter
which campus you’re at, our mission is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life
Cornerstone Church of San Francisco • 3459 17th
Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 • (415) 861-2439
Offices • 150 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94134