Job Title: Youth Minister
Reports To: Director of Discipleship & Engagement
Approved Date: August 9, 2019
The youth minister will assist our youth in embodying Northwest Presbyterian’s mission to “make disciples for Jesus Christ, make friends on the journey of faith, and make a difference in our world.” It is expected that the youth minister will work an average of twelve to fifteen hours per week to fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. “Making Disciples” – Provide spiritual instruction, guidance and experiences for the youth of Northwest Presbyterian that will help them to grow in their faith. (70%)
· Facilitate Sunday evening gatherings for middle school and high school youth during the program year.
· Facilitate Sunday School classes for middle school and high school youth during the program year.
· Facilitate a monthly gathering of “Club 46” (4th-6th graders) to prepare them for the youth group.
· Plan and lead annual retreats (fall and spring, confirmation, summer camps and conferences).
· Oversee the planning and implementation of an annual Youth Sunday worship service.
· Support VBS by recruiting youth helpers and assisting with the 4th–5th grade portion of the week.
· Create initiatives to help youth connect with the life and ministries of the congregation.
2. “Making Friends” – Develop close relationships with youth and between youth. (15%)
· Cultivate relationships with each youth outside the context of church programming.
· Communicate clearly and consistently with parents, youth leaders, and youth.
3. “Making a Difference” – Provide opportunities for youth to use their gifts in service to others. (5%)
· Plan, promote, and implement quarterly service experiences for youth.
· Encourage youth to become ambassadors for the NWPC youth ministry by inviting friends to participate.
4. Ministry Management (10%)
· Work under the guidance of the Education ministry team of the Session and with the NWPC staff.
· Submit a weekly report to direct supervisor of time spent and activities completed.
· Submit a monthly overview of time spent and activities completed to the Education ministry team.
· Create and maintain systems for keeping attendance and maintaining an active directory.
· Recruit, build relationships with and train adults interested in serving as volunteer leaders.
· Regularly follow up with visiting youth as well as member youth who have become inactive.
The Youth minister will be gone no more than a total of six Sundays per year. Requests for time off must be negotiated in advance with the direct supervisor or pastor. Since the position is hourly, a time report must be submitted to the administrative manager on the 10th and the 25th of each month. Any hours above fifteen per week must be preapproved by the direct supervisor or pastor via email.
(Link to Job Decription pdf: https://www.cpconline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Associate-Director-High-School-emphasis-9th-Grade-1.pdf )
Associate Director of High School (emphasis 9th Grade)
To boldly extend the invitation Jesus makes to us, to everyone.
The Associate Director of High School will provide spiritual leadership and organizational management to the 9th Grade Commitment Class program. This position is part of the Student Ministries Team, working closely with other Associate Directors for 10-12th grade and reporting to the Director of Student Ministries.
• Plan and coordinate all aspects of Commitment Class programming (average 100 students)
o Create program lineups and their elements (games, videos, stories, skits, etc.)
o Teach/speak regularly
o Plan and develop weekly small group curriculum
o Develop and empower adult leaders and create a cohesive environment for them to work together
o Develop and implement training structures for Commitment Class students and adult leaders (both during and outside of Wednesday nights)
o Be the point leader for Commitment Class fall and spring retreats as well as end-of-year celebrations including CC worship service, elder visits, and CC weekend worship services
• Participate as a member of the High School team, working with other staff as students transition through the program, to build coehisive programming and relationships
• Develop relationships with a broad number of students (9th grade specifically), families, and leaders through Wednesday night programs, intentional one-on-ones, and outside relational contact work (attending games and concerts, etc.)
• Maintain and be accountable to the budget for all 9th grade programming
• Participate and engage with ParentLink team as needed
• Work with the Family Ministries team to equip and empower a team of college interns during the summer months
• Plan and attend other Student Ministries trips and activities
• Attend weekly Student Ministries staff meetings
• Lead and/or assist in special projects that support the overall mission of High School programming, Student Ministries, and/or CPC
• Effectively communicate with staff, congregation, visitors, and vendors
• Meet regularly with the Director of Student Ministries for development, encouragement, feedback, and accountability
• Attend CPC staff meetings and other program staff retreats
• Participate in various CPC programs, including weekend services, special services for holidays (Advent, Ash Wednesday etc.), and other leadership events
• Set aside time each week for spiritual reading, studying, and learning
• Actively pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ
• A working knowledge of Scripture and an active prayer life
• Commitment to make CPC your church home and faith community, and agreement with the mission and values of CPC
• Ability to engage students in authentic, relational ways
• Experience working with and leading students
• Relational experience with leading parents and volunteers
• Proactive communicator, collaborative spirit, and team player
• Leadership skills, abilities, and experience
• Strong organizational, detail-oriented, and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to recruit volunteers
• Self-starter, strong work ethic
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• BA/BS degree relevant to ministry work and ministry experience in the area of students
• Curriculum use and development
• Basic understanding of vocational ministry
• Ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended times
POSITION REPORTING: Associate Director of High School reports to the Director of Student Ministries
HOURS: This is a full-time, year-round, non-exempt position
TRAVEL: This position requires travel to retreats and camps both assigned to and as needed depending on the season
This job description describes the general nature and work expected of an individual assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested.
For further information, or to submit a resume and cover letter, email or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Presbyterian Church, Executive Director, 6901 Normandale Road, Edina, MN 55435
Director of Student Ministries
The Village Community Presbyterian Church in Rancho Santa Fe, CA (north San Diego County) is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Student Ministries, which serves middle school and high school age students, and young adults.
The Director must be a committed, mature disciple of Jesus Christ, who will inspire others, especially students and their families, to follow Jesus for life. The Director shall: lead and teach at Sunday, midweek, and special student gatherings; cultivate strong relationships with the students and families of the Church, as well as community and ministry partners; supervise student ministries staff; assist in providing pastoral care to students and their families; help to lead camps and mission opportunities; work collegially with other church staff and volunteer leaders; and provide administrative leadership of the operations of student ministries. The successful candidate will have acumen in building and inspiring intergenerational teams and partners, a “people person” with a strong EQ, adept as a student and teacher of Scripture, able to work in a fast-paced environment, but keen on when to pray and discern. The Director is to be a listener, a collaborator, and professional in demeanor while being able to relate to students, families, church staff and leaders of all ages and of all backgrounds. Additional preferred and desired skills set, or a willingness to learn, include: strategic planning and execution, budget development, program review, conflict resolution/management, and risk mitigation.
Qualifications: Minimum high school graduate, preferred associate’s/undergraduate degree; 2-5 years related experience; theological training or degree a plus.
Visit www.villagechurch.orgto learn more about the congregation. Confidential Inquiries or to submit a letter of application, CV or resumé, along with three professional/academic letters, contact Rev. Dr. Neal Presa at email@example.com (858) 756-2441, ext. 104
North Naples Church is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director of Next Generation Ministry.
Under the direction of the Director of Next Generation Ministry, this position is primarily responsible for helping students and young adults grow in their personal relationship with God and inspiring and equipping them to follow Jesus. This is accomplished by creating curriculum, leading worship services and small groups, and performing all administrative duties for the department in support of the mission of North Naples Church and the goals of the Next Generation Ministry Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Director of Next Generation Ministry, staff and parent committee to create and lead ministry programs that resonate with students and young adults; facilitate spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Assist in the leadership, planning, development, improvement and organization of the ministry of which middle school and high school students and young adults (20’s) are the target audience and help cast vision of the ministry.
- Create curriculum designed to lead students and young adults to a greater appreciation and understanding of God and inspiring and equipping them to follow Jesus.
- Lead dynamic worship services and facilitate small group discipleship; lead Bible discussions or conversations about the Christian faith and the furtherance of North Naples Church’s mission and vision.
Work collegiality with parents, staff, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Boy Scouts, Young Life and Youth Council, and other ministry partners.
- Mentor and build community with students, young adults, parents and volunteers through spiritual leadership.
Assist with developing recruitment strategy for recognizing and attaining new leaders; provide spiritual leadership, supervision, and training for leaders.
- Model excellent relational work in ministry in order to recruit, equip and deploy volunteers in a manner that fosters spiritual growth in their lives and the lives of the people they serve.
Coordinate and assist in implementation of all student and young adult programming including, but not limited to special programming events: School Chapel, Confirmation Program, Retreats, Mission Trips, “Invite-a-Friend” Events, Summer Programs, Youth Sunday, and Young Adult Sunday.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the department: logistical arrangements for missions, retreats, and service projects (forms, scheduling, transportation, hotel reservations); departmental calendaring; campus resource reservations; create engaging departmental marketing and communication materials.
- Use technology to promote programs and communicate to students and parents on an ongoing basis in order to keep them up to date and informed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a large church setting leading discipleship in small groups, creating curriculum, leading youth group and worship services, and managing logistics for youth missions and retreats.
- Possesses deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Christ to students and young adults from various backgrounds and beliefs.
- Strong leadership and relational skills, self-starter, strong initiative, and vision.
- Excellent communication skills including writing skills and oral presentation skills, including in a large group worship environment.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship and fun events for the youth program
- Strong technology skills and experience including ability to effectively disseminate mass electronic communications using various platforms, calendaring, and basic graphic design
- Ability to recruit, train,develop, and supervise youth leaders, equipping them in their roles.
A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Ability to demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of North Naples Church.
To apply, please submit your application and resume using our job postings site, which can be accessed from the website link on the right or by visiting: https://nnchurch.org/welcome/careers/
Beach Church is a 1200 attendee church in Myrtle Beach, SC and is seeking a full-time Student Pastor/Director. Candidates will be taking over a very healthy student ministry in a very spiritually healthy and growing church community.
Myrtle Beach is a coastal city on the East Coast of the United States in Horry County, South Carolina. It is in the center of a large and continuous 60-mile stretch of beach known as “The Grand Strand” in northeastern South Carolina. It is exactly what you think it is, an awesome town filled with beaches, golf, attractions and amazing weather year round.
Applicants for the position of Student Pastor/Director should be spiritually mature individuals with a proven record of effectiveness and experience in ministering to students and families inside and outside the church. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a measurable ability to connect with students, parents and volunteers.
They will be able to demonstrate strong abilities in the following five areas:
Leadership- They will be able to train and lead students and parents as well as an already established volunteer leader base and internship program.
Vision- They will be able to cast vision to students, parents and leaders as well cast vision through well planned and Biblically accurate teaching.
Entrepreneur- They will able to be a self-starter and self-driven with a heart to see the ministry grow spiritually within the context of the larger church body.
Servant- They will need to have a heart to serve as if serving God and not man and demonstrate that by serving students, parents and volunteers as well as working collaboratively with the others areas of the church.
Dreamer- They need to think big picture and not get so focused on right now that they are not thinking and dreaming about what’s to come. They need to be articulate their God given dreams and vision in order to grow the student ministry
– Personal faith in Christ; contagious commitment to Him as Lord; devoted to Word & prayer; demonstrates fruit of the Spirit & qualities required of church leaders
– Gifted in, heart for & rapport with middle & high schoolers; desire to serve them long-term.
– 5+ years in a larger student ministry with an ability to show how they’ve grown the ministry.
– College degree (educational background in Christian ministry or education is a plus)
-Demonstrated ability to recruit and train leaders and partner with parents for the work of the ministry
Interested applicants should 1. Go to our website (www.beachchurch.org) and make sure that you agree with theological and stylistic elements of Beach Church and 2. Submit a resume and cover letter to Mike Abbamonte at firstname.lastname@example.org (DO NOT CALL) 3. With your resume and cover letter please submit your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media.
*Please note that if we do not contact you back it is due to the sheer number of resumes or that we have applicants that we felt were a closer to a fit for our church’s needs.
Four Corners Community Church
Position: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports To:Lead Pastor
The Children’s Ministries Director will oversee and provide leadership of all Four Corners programming for children birth through 5thgrade. This primarily consists of Sunday morning programming and also covers other programming outside of Sunday morning. The Children’s Ministries Director will recruit and oversee CM volunteers, select and implement CM curriculum, plan CM programming, and raise up and oversee other CM leaders. The Children’s Ministries Director will also lead the process as we dream about additional, mid-week CM programming. Finally, the Children’s Ministries Director will oversee the efforts to link Children’s Ministries with the entire family through specific ministry events as well as targeted training and communication.
· Lead all Aspects of the Children’s Ministry
· Oversee the overall Sunday morning CM programming
· Recruit, train, and oversee the CM volunteers
· Select and implement the CM curriculum
· Raise up, oversee, and empower CM leadership
· Oversee the CM budget
· Dream and plan for expanded CM programming outside of Sunday morning
· Lead Progress towards a more comprehensive Family Ministry
· Plan and execute specific family oriented programming
· Effectively communicate with families
· Lead and Participate in All-Church Programming
Four Corners is a very fun place to work! We have flexible office hours and a relaxed environment. You will be valued, cherished, and challenged working with us at FCCC.
To Apply: Email your Resume` and a brief cover letter to Scott at Scott.email@example.com
Calvary Church is seeking a spiritually mature and experienced Student Pastor. The leadership at Calvary Church desires an individual whose calling and character inspires others to look toward Christ. Though loving students is important, it is critical that this candidate be effective in all aspects of student ministry. The primary responsibilities of the Student Pastor include: 1) Building relationships with students and their families while pointing them to Jesus. 2) Loving and equippng parents to engage in their teen’s spiritual growth. 3) Recruiting and training volunteers to make followers who make followers of Jesus. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org