Youth Pastor Job Description
Salary $42,000 plus HSA and HSA insurance
Grace Church has a Baptist history that transitioned to a more contemporize style church. Grace is Christ-centered, Bible-believing, seeking to reach the lost, connecting believers in small groups and commissioning them to reach their world for Jesus Christ. Our vision statement: Inviting everyone to love Jesus, love others, and make an impact.
Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
Overview: Full time position to develop and maintain strategies that follow the vision and values of Grace church to minister to middle school, high school and college age groups.
Visionary to reach the unchurched, and those in the church by leading and administrating: gatherings, small groups, events, camps and/or retreats and missions trips.
Collaborate with leadership, build and lead a youth ministry between 50-100 students.
Recruit, develop and deploy: leadership teams, volunteers, small group leaders, and a discipleship process for youth ministry.
Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth and occasionally to adults.
Administrate and delegate necessary functions for the overall success of Youth Ministry.
Help to build a successful pipeline between Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
Coordinate and collaborate with the pastoral staff team, including pastoral duties such as hospital visitation, preaching on the weekend services (2-4 times a year),
Work well with parents in the process of building the Youth Ministry
Assist in the development of an annual budget for Youth Ministry and manage spending within budget.
Fulfill essential pastoral needs including but not limited to: weekend pastoral duties, event assignments, weddings and funerals, etc.
Other assignments as communicated by Senior Pastor.
Adhere to bylaws and policies at Grace Church Chehalis.
Fulfill qualifications for overseers set out in 1 Tim. 3:2-7 and Tit. 1:6-9
Team player & team builder
Authentic / Transparent
Attitude of excellence
Strong work ethic
Computer operational skills
Not required but beneficial:
Video / editing
Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in youth ministry groups over 50+
Prefer the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
Lead Student Pastor (Oversight of College, High School, Middle School Staff & Ministries)
Weekly Attendance: 2,800
Named as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest-growing churches in 2018-2019, Immanuel is passionate about engaging the community in its mission to lead people to Jesus and equip disciples in their faith.
Since its birth in 1909, Immanuel, a multi-generational body of Jesus followers, has been known for its commitment in building strong community inside and outside the walls of the church while providing a warm and welcoming environment to encounter and worship God, and an unwavering commitment to teaching the truth found in God’s Word. As a church, Immanuel is committed to ministering to the entire family, and in all our ministries, communicating Jesus Christ is the answer to our deepest needs.
Sundays at Immanuel are an exciting time of engaging worship and practical, biblical teaching aimed to point our hearts and minds to Jesus. Immanuel also provides opportunities on Sundays to grow in our love for God through small groups at every age and stage of life.
Immanuel’s impact increases throughout the week as the property serves as a preschool and elementary campus for Lexington Christian Academy, and is home to a fully supported Recreation Outreach Center providing thousands of members with cardio and strength conditioning facilities, two basketball courts, and group fitness classes.
Immanuel also has outstanding space for weekly student worship with breakout rooms and areas for recreation, discipleship, and community. Having recently grown to two campuses within the city, Immanuel is excited for the opportunity to expand the reach of the Gospel beyond Lexington with new campuses launching within the bluegrass region in 2021 and beyond.
LEAD STUDENT PASTOR CANDIDATE:
Immanuel is seeking a highly motivated follower of Christ to serve as Lead Student Pastor. As a natural visionary and implementer of ideas and processes, the candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the authority to make autonomous decisions to further the goals laid out by the executive leadership team. Immanuel is fully committed to building one of the strongest student ministries in Central Kentucky. That commitment comes in the form of resources, facilities, personnel, and dedication to building partnerships with local middle and high schools.
If coming from a church staff, the candidate must be someone who has been in a church of 1,500+ average weekend attendees. The ideal candidate will have four years or more experience in full-time ministry, experience leading volunteer teams effectively, a passion for the church’s vision, people, and serving the Kingdom. This leader needs to be committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of the student ministry. This is a great opportunity for a person who is spurred on by challenges and ready to build a ministry from the ground up with the full support of the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership.
Preferred candidates include a seminary degree, experience in managing staff and volunteer teams, experiencing in planning and executing summer camps, and experience partnering with local middle school and high schools. Experience leading student ministry in regards to multi-site campuses is a plus as well as experience leading college/university ministry.
Has a mature and growing walk with Christ.
Has a passion to lead students to Jesus and equip disciples.
Invests in personal growth and fosters this growth within his family unit.
Values the leadership and staff culture of the church.
Fully embraces the vision, mission, and theology of Immanuel Baptist Church.
Has a proven track record of discipling students.
Has a strong gift of leadership.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Health insurance with supplemented premiums
Retirement plan match
Life insurance 2x salary
Paid sick time
Continuing education stipend
Family membership to Recreation Outreach Center
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO TAKE NEXT STEPS TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO: https://ibclex.com/jobs
Madison United Methodist Church
Director of Family and Youth Ministries
The Director of Family and Youth Ministries helps youth, young adults, and families accomplish the mission of the church through community outreach, education, worship, discipleship, and mission activities. He/she also works with the vision of the church to develop and grow the contemporary worship service.
Description and Responsibilities
Youth, Young Adult, Family – 50%
Lead and develop the youth program with the help of servant leaders on the youth team. This program will encompass a broad range of experience and education to enable disciples of Christ, and to develop spiritual foundation in the lives of our youth.
Educational curriculum should reflect the biblical and theological integrity of the denomination, and be relevant in the lives of our youth.
Youth fellowship activities should be structured to bring Christian faith into their daily lives, be a safe and supportive environment, creating a place where questions of faith and identity can be explored.
Regular service and worship activities should be incorporated into the program to reinforce the importance of these elements in our witness.
Participate in leading the confirmation program with the Lead Pastor. Teaching, communicating with youth and parents, and guiding the program for Madison UMC.
Develop and lead and appropriate number of student and family ministry and outreach programs
Plan travel for the youth, adult, and family ministries. This includes mission trips, trips to the Dakotas Conference Youth events, and other activities.
Develop personal relationships with Madison community, the Madison UMC and members of the faith community, and their families.
Mentor students and youth within the program to be participants in the life of the Madison UMC and the greater community.
Recruit, develop, and train servant leaders.
Develop and complete regular newsletter and other social media, website, and written communication for students, young adults, and families.
Contemporary Worship Service – 50%
Assist the Lead Pastor in development of this service and other areas as needed.
Work with outreach to encourage visitors and engage new people within the life of the church.
Work with a team of church leaders to coordinate and implement the development of the contemporary service.
Utilize the tools and techniques of church growth, focusing primarily on the Madison community, the unchurched, and those who may no longer attend.
Responsible for management of church social media, and coordination and monitoring of those posting, the platforms utilized and pages the church establishes and uses for official communication
Other duties as assigned
Gifts and Talents preferred: Self-starting, Energetic Leader, Collegial Team Player, Passion about ministry (especially youth and family), Organizational and Process Management, Teaching, Hospitality, Creativity, Communication Skills, Listening Skills, willingness to learn.
Resources and Training provided: Ongoing continuing education and annual safe sanctuaries training.
To apply and for information:
Send letter and resume to: email@example.com
Madison United Methodist Church
304 North Egan
Madison, SD 57042
NextGen Pastor Job Description for First Baptist Plano
Qualifications: At least a Bachelor’s Degree
3 – 5 years’ experience working with students in some capacity
Primary Function: Develop a vibrant and welcoming student ministry by giving excellent vision and leadership to FBP’s Middle School, High School, and College students, laying the foundation for a lifetime of following Jesus. Report to the Executive Pastor.
Expectations for both Middle School/High School and College Ministries
• Live an exemplary and authentic life as a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to make disciples.
• Recruit, train, lead, and inspire volunteer student ministry workers.
• Work closely with church staﬀ to involve students in the overall ministry of FBP and to coordinate student ministry with the vision and values of FBP.
• Develop and pursue goals, objectives, and strategies for comprehensive student ministry, including new Christian training, discipleship, small groups, and outreach.
• Model and emphasize worship and worship service attendance as a vital part of the student ministry.
• Lead in budget planning, development, management, and stewardship for the student ministry. Administer the student ministry budget with diligence and integrity.
• Continue to grow professionally by proactively keeping up with and incorporating best practices—eﬀective and wise methods, resources, and communication of student ministry—through continuing education and conference and training event participation.
Specific Middle School and High School Ministry Expectations Build Relationships by:
• Working closely with students, volunteers, and parents.
• Developing, coordinating, and emphasizing Sunday morning Bible study as the foundation of the student ministry. Leading in its outreach, ministry, teaching, training, and enlistment areas.
• Coordinating (with input and ownership from students, parents, and volunteers) student ministry special events such as camps, mission projects/trips, Disciple Now, senior recognition days, conferences, recreation, fellowships, and luncheons.
• Supporting students outside of church activities, arranging meetings for lunch, and attending games and events at their schools or other venues.
• Communicating with parents of students to give information of programs and training, to build trust, and to give support.
Specific College and University Ministry Expectations
• Lead and coordinate ministries to reach out to students on area campuses.
• Build relationships and work closely with university students and volunteers. Include meaningful connection and communication with FBP students in school away from Plano.
• Work in partnership with BSM to:
– Coordinate and oversee ongoing outreach to international students.
– Be the FBP ambassador and liaison to the BSM and other campus ministries at UTD (University of Texas Dallas) and other local college campuses.
– Coordinate fellowships, mission/ministry projects, and other events.
• Develop, coordinate, and emphasize Sunday morning Bible study as an integral part of the university ministry. Lead in its outreach, ministry, and enlistment areas.
• Develop, coordinate, and promote oﬀ and on-campus Bible studies/small groups.
• Pursue and promote conferences and events to enhance students’ spiritual growth.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
• Collaborate with staﬀ to support “The Gathering” service by coordinating the front-of-house teams in “The Gathering,” including but not limited to: set up, hospitality, greeting, and community building.
• Model the role of networking and relationship-building with guests in “The Gathering.”
• Participate in staﬀ meetings, hospital visitation, and outreach assignments.
• Serve as staﬀ liaison and give leadership and encouragement to assigned committees and/or ministry teams.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
GUILFORD COLLEGE UMC
YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
Guilford College United Methodist Church in Greensboro, NC is seeking a new Director of Youth and College Ministries to lead a program with a proud history and a promising future.
Guilford College UMC is an active, welcoming, worshipping, loving, learning, serving, giving, and growing Christian community of faith rooted in life-changing relationships with God, with each other, and with our neighbors through Jesus Christ. Our congregation is composed of over 1000 members with an average Sunday worship attendance of over 400 persons. Our church is located in a growing west Greensboro residential area up the street from Guilford College, not far from the airport, a new highway, and several sizable employers, and down the road from a large commercial district. The church also sits at both a literal and symbolic crossroads location of changing demographics in our area that offers exciting opportunities for ministry.
GCUMC has been blessed with many gifts. We have a rich history, a great facility, stable finances, a gifted and committed lay leadership, an excellent music and choir program, devoted Sunday School classes and Journey groups, a weekly Wednesday night family meal, a strong tradition of youth ministry, and we are known in our community for all of the ways that we reach out and serve others. As we look to the future, our priorities as a church are to deepen our relationships, connect with younger generations, and to grow so as to have our congregation reflect the age, ethnic, and economic diversity of our neighbors.
ABOUT THE YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR POSITION
The Director of Youth and College Ministries is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are praying to find a person who has a mature faith in Christ, a sincere love of young people, strong relational and communication skills, good organizational and administrative competence, proficiency in technology and social media, and the ability to equip and empower a committed team of youth and adults to grow in their faith and to make committed disciples of Jesus Christ. Responsibilities will include engaging in a relational ministry with 35+ youth and college students, leading lessons and discussions, ensuring student safety, recruiting, equipping, and empowering adult youth leaders, and working alongside a leadership team to plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of ministry activities including Sunday morning classes, Sunday night gatherings, Wednesday night small groups, overnight retreats, fundraisers, and mission trips. The work by its nature will also occasionally require travel and nontraditional hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have experience working with youth, must be prepared to submit to a criminal background check, and must have a Bachelor’s Degree by May 2020. Theological education and faith formation in the Wesleyan/ Methodist tradition are preferred.
To apply, please submit the following information to youth administrative assistant Kathy Raper at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- a CV/Resume of relevant education, experience and accomplishments, along with the names and contact information of two professional references and one personal reference
- a cover letter that introduces yourself and states why you think you might be called to this position
- After we receive and review your CV/Resume and Cover letter, selected qualified applicants will be requested to submit a 3 minute video of themselves sharing a devotional geared towards teenagers – we will send you an emailed invitation with a link to allow you to upload your video into our church’s Dropbox account.
The application deadline is Sunday, May 10th, although this deadline and the search process may be extended due to uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Inquiries, questions, or requests for more detailed job information can be directed to lead pastor Jeremy Troxler at email@example.com or at 336-292-5833.
Community of Faith church is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours/week) youth director to become a spirited partner in our mission to “Love God, Love Others, Serve the World.” The youth director will develop and lead Christ-honoring ministries to engage middle school, high school and college-aged youth at Community of Faith and beyond. Located in West Linn, Oregon, Community of Faith is a growing, multi-generational church that was planted in 2010.
Recruitment for this position will close on April 1. Please go to www.cofaith.net/jobs for a job description, application and instructions to apply for this position.