We are praying for a kingdom entrepreneur to relaunch our student ministry: reaching out primarily to middle and high schoolers and remaining connected to college students while they are at school and during breaks at home. Our goal is to apprentice students as lifelong followers of Jesus, in partnership with their families.
Liberty Corner is a mid-size church in the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) denomination. We are seeking a Student Ministry Director who is excited about rebuilding a student ministry from the ground up! Liberty Corner seeks an individual who will recreate an active student ministry with mission trips, service projects, regular gatherings, and meaningful discipleship. The church has recently called on a new, dynamic lead pastor, a lay team to support the student ministry, and a group of active parents, which we believe are the key ingredients for a successful program relaunch. We are praying for the right Director to lead!
Purpose: The Student Ministry Director (SMD) is responsible for the vision, leadership and direction of student ministry at Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church, to apprentice students as lifelong followers of Jesus, in partnership with their families. Student Ministry encompasses students as they transition from the Children’s program, through middle and high school, and continues through a student’s college years.
Reporting Relationship: The SMD will report to the Family Ministry Director under the guidance of the Lead Pastor and the Session of Elders, and work closely with student ministry volunteer leaders. The SMD will meet monthly with the Family Ministries Director for prayer, support, and accountability with annual goals and objectives, and to complete an annual self-review to discuss their performance in relation to the goals and objectives. The SMD will attend worship services, weekly staff meetings for prayer, encouragement, communication, and planning, and, as time allows, attend other LCPC events.
we are seeking:
A growing apprentice of Jesus Christ
· Actively seeks growth through practices like prayer and Bible study.
· Enthusiastic for God’s Word.
· Honors God in one’s family/personal life.
· As a leader, faithfully pursues 1 Timothy 3 characteristics, living with integrity and avoiding immorality.
· Strives to personally grow and develop through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
Gifted as a leader of both students and adult volunteers
· Passionate heart for students and their families, and feels a calling to student ministry.
· Experience in leading, mentoring, and building healthy relationships with students and their families.
· Charismatic communicator of biblical truths.
· Strong interest in our students’ culture and context, combined with a desire to minister in this culture without compromising the teachings of scripture.
· A team builder, working collaboratively with others to motivate, grow, and sustain a team of adult volunteer leaders.
· Engages students where they are physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
· Possesses solid organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrates commitment to personal and professional development and ongoing continuing education opportunities.
Essentials for integrating into the Liberty Corner Family:
· Embraces the mission, vision, and values of LCPC and our denomination, the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
· Desires to work together with the staff team to move all the ministries of LCPC in the same direction, with the same vision, since every ministry thrives with the success and support of the others.
· Lives by the philosophy that parental involvement is key in training students in spiritual maturity. Be as involved with training parents as with training students.
· Recognizes student ministry is a 9-5 role.
· Desires to build influential relationships with students in their contexts, and with local schools for the purpose of building a bridge from students’ everyday culture to the gospel.
· As a kingdom entrepreneur, the Director will develop and provide opportunities for students to “Gather, Grow and Go” in Christ. This could include worship, weekly gatherings, Bible studies, camps, VBS/Sports Camp, conferences, retreats, discipleship groups, mission trips, outreach events and community service. The goal of the gatherings is to draw students into a lifelong apprenticeship to Jesus.
· Provide personal discipleship, coaching, and encouragement to both students and the adult volunteers in the ministry – treating each person as an individual, uniquely made in God’s image and gifted for God’s kingdom.
· Be involved with the personal lives of the students (directly and through adult volunteers). Again, the expectation is to invest in the lives of students by attending school and extracurricular events as time permits, and minister in crisis situations.
· Oversee curriculum for confirmation, middle and high school.
· Coordinate with the other ministries of LCPC.
· Foster open communication with parents/guardians.
· Host opportunities for college student events/activities when they are home for breaks and the summer, as well as offering support and encouragement throughout the school year.
· Build relationships with the local community.
· Assure proper care of facilities used by student ministry.
· Maintain effective leadership for each program of the ministry. Provide the support, assistance, and resources necessary for each program and empower the adult volunteers to be involved in the day to day work of the ministry.
· Continually build a team of adult volunteers who will build relationships with students and serve as the “frontline” of ministry. Work under an Ephesians 4 model: recruiting, training, and retaining.
· Provide formal (structured) and informal (by example) leadership training for parents, adult volunteers, and student leaders.
· Provide formal and informal forums for frequent communication, encouragement, and evaluation of the ministry. Create a team atmosphere with emphasis on involvement.
· Oversee, with help from adult volunteers, the identification of students with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for development.
· Evaluate and make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used in all student programs in partnership with Student Ministry Team and the Family Ministries Director.
· Counsel, advise, and provide resources to students and parents. Build a referral network for both students and parents.
· With the input and partnership of the Family Ministries Director, establish and maintain a philosophy of student ministry and a clear understanding of annual goals and objectives.
· Maintain well-planned, carefully balanced opportunities throughout the year in coordination with the other ministries and calendared events of LCPC.
· Ensure responsibilities for all events (for example retreats, mission trips, and special events) are delegated and understood by adult volunteers and students.
· Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Communicate all scheduled programming, events and activities to staff, parents, and students in a timely fashion.
· Ensure background check paperwork is filled out and submitted for all volunteers.
· Lead the development of the Student Ministry budget to provide for ministry needs regarding programming and capital needs.
· Perform other duties as needed.
Benefits: Full time position at 40 hours. Gross salary package will be determined based on education and years of experience in ministry. Specific details and benefits offered as designated in the LCPC Employee Handbook.
Degree required with at least 1 year of student ministry experience.
Interested applicant send resume to: Kellyt@libertycorner.org and Dfgreco920@aol.com