In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for the highest results. We value professionalism from our staff and excellence in our stewardship.
We are currently doing incarnational ministry with teens at many military installations around the world. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military program, known as Club Beyond, at Fort Sam Houston in Texas. The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with military culture is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
1. Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation, and the chapel community.
2. Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
3. Work well in an environment that sees a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains, and volunteers.
4. Be respectful of and embrace a community of military culture.
A deep love for Christ and lost teens
A passion for people and the ability to work well with others
Willingness to make a three-year commitment
Youth ministry experience preferred
College degree preferred.
Willingness to raise most of their salary through personal support
Assistant Minister to Students
Roswell Student Ministries exists to lead students to ENCOUNTER Jesus Christ and RESPOND with their lives. We are looking for someone to help us fulfill that mission and join our team as the Assistant Minister to Students. RSM is the Student Ministry of Roswell UMC in beautiful Roswell, GA.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
* Loves Jesus! (Committed, passionate disciple of Jesus Christ)
* Excited to be in Youth Ministry and not a stepping stone to the next thing (understands or discerning a call to student ministry)
* Understands and willing to do what it takes to do life with students (cultivates relational ministry)
* Great work ethic, don’t have to worry if they are working when they’re not in the office (integrity)
* Able to juggle many tasks at once (multi-tasker)
* Once given proper direction, they can take a task to completion with sufficient guidance (not micro-managed)
* Desires to use their passions in ministry (spiritually gifted)
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you’d be a good fit for our team to Suzanne Denton, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include 3 references, as well.
If you’d like more information on the position, check out our website for a more comprehensive listing of the position and information about our awesome community. Once we receive your resume, we will be in touch with next steps.
Also, check out our website and social media platforms for more about our ministry and the awesome community you’d be joining:
Student Ministry- www.roswellstudentministry.com
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter- @roswellstudents
UALC, a thriving two campus church in Columbus, OH is seeking a full-time Director of High School Ministries. This position is part of a dynamic staff team dedicated to cohesive spiritual growth across all ages. Full job description and online application available at www.ualc.org/application.
College Ministry Developer: Mercer Creek Church | Ellensburg, WA
Mission, Vision, and Strategic Anchors: The mission of Mercer Creek exists to advance God’s Kingdom by loving Jesus and making disciples. We will behave by choosing to reinforce sustainable team environments that value heath, competency, honesty and unity. We choose to equip believers to multiply the Kingdom through disciple making, sending, and church planting. We choose to love our neighbor. We do this through, worship services, leadership development, making disciples and serving. We will succeed by, creating healthy leaders who can do the right work. We will identify, deploy and train support people (volunteers) to do the work of the ministry. We will create healthy groups who live out the “one another” commands.
Our church is special. It almost died forty years ago, and today it is thriving. No weird internal politics. No odd beliefs. No big staff issues. No debt. We follow Jesus, love each other, and long to love our neighbor as ourselves. Sure, we may be the biggest church in town, but it’s not over the top. It’s hospitable. Healthy. Eager to grow. We are going to start more churches because
more is better than bigger.
You know what we need: a college ministry developer. Someone to take care of our female college students and someone who has a proven track record of making disciples. Our college ministry is the second largest “church” in our town with 300-400 students who are involved, students are hungry for connections and they are hungry to grow. We need someone to partner with our College Pastor in loving on our college community.
This church wants to invest in the next generation—that drives us! In this next year we will be remodeling the youth center into a gym and establishing a new worship center primarily for our next generation.
We are going to do what it takes to find the right leader. We won’t settle. We need someone who God has gifted to oversee this entrepreneurial effort. We need the right person, who will do the right work.
Interested? Check out http://www.mercercreek.org/jobs
Pastor of Youth Ministry
Jericho Congregational Church (Jericho, VT)
The Jericho Congregational Church family has been growing roots here in semi-rural Jericho, Vermont since 1791. This gives us a great love for each other and the people we are planted among! We are a multi-generational church family who comes from varied backgrounds. Our Christ-centered body is committed to Scriptural truth while engaging the community in mission. As a church that follows congregational governing principles, we rely on the transformative work of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to guide our lives, relationships, and worship. It is our great desire as a church family to equip the youth of this body, so they may cultivate strong roots in Biblical truth, developing a mature faith that will last them a lifetime, and to love their friends, neighbors, and classmates with the deep and true love of God.
We are looking to hire a full time (salaried) Pastor of Youth Ministry. This role is best suited for someone who will actively invest in leaders from our church family to share in the work of ministry. While youth functions and Bible studies are vital parts of this role, we hope to find a pastor who also equips our young people to mature into spiritual leaders. We are seeking a pastor who loves the worshipping life of the church, but is equally at home in our community, at school events, and showing up in everyday life. Our ideal candidate for this position is gifted at:
Inviting and Investing in Relationships
• Ensures that the full spectrum of personalities is drawn into our community
• Relates well with youth on an individual level
• Discerns the spiritual and emotional state of youth and their families
• Communicates clearly and effectively in the common media of today’s youth
• Attends events and activities that participate in youth life outside church
Equipping Youth to Lead and Grow
• Identifies and sharpens the Spirit’s work in each young person
• Makes space for our youth to lead from areas of giftedness
• Balances activity and service with need for reflection and rest
• Values change and appropriate failure as healthy teachers
• Teaches how to be inclusive and inviting to newcomers
Cultivating Intergenerational Discipleship
• Fosters discipleship through youth group, Bible studies, prayer, and leading by example
• Proclaims the gospel in its full, holistic, transformative scope
• Views all generations as vital contributors to the discipleship of young people
• Creates intentional spaces where youth connect with and serve the wider church
• Acts to connect youth with other church members in mentoring relationships
Engaging our Local Community
• Interacts gracefully and comfortably in a secular and liberal culture
• Interfaces with the local communities in creative and engaging ways
• Channels youth into opportunities to serve the local community
• Represents Christ and JCC to the community joyfully, thoughtfully, and lovingly
Nurturing Spiritual Development
• Grasps the developmental spectrum of spiritual growth (child-young adult)
• Works with and guides Christian Education Committee in planning curricula
• Understands current youth struggles (suicide, anxiety, identity, LGBTQ, social media, FOMO, etc.)
• Counsels youth and families competently
• Walks compassionately and patiently alongside youth through hard questions, doubts, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Seminary Preferred)
• Background in Youth Ministry, Christian Education, Biblical studies or related fields
• 5 years experience working with youth
• In agreement with our statement of faith
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written
• Skilled in pastoral counseling with youth and families
• Proficient with technology and social media
• A heart for youth
• Excellent understanding of the current challenges facing youth today
• Collaborative leadership style to partner with our Senior Pastor
How to Apply
Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter with resume. For additional questions, please call our church office at (802) 899-4911.
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is strong in character, committed to faith formation, and focused on relationships. We desire a youth director who is outreach oriented, creative and adaptable, visionary, and gifted in leadership.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
1. Build relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
2. Develop and lead discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids.
3. Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
4. Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
5. Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Education in ministry, education, or human development; or
2. Experience in ministry (professional, internship or volunteer)
3. Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
4. Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
5. Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
We are looking for God’s man to encourage youth in their spiritual journey by modeling what it means to live a passionate, Christ-centered life. Christ Community Church (CCC) is an elder-led, non-denominational church with approximately 1300 people in our weekly worship services. Our youth programs range from 65-100 in attendance between Sunday and Wednesday night ministries.
We are committed to gospel-centered worship, teaching, discipleship, and reaching the community with the life-changing truth of the gospel. The individual we are seeking should have significant experience working with youth; be a strong team member and team player; be committed to carrying out the mission and vision of CCC; and must be able to endorse the constitution, bylaws and doctrinal statement of CCC and follow the leadership of the elders.
This man will be a committed Christian who continues to grow in his relationship with God through Jesus Christ; lives consistently with the biblical standards of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; and has the support of his family in this ministry. We would prefer an individual with a seminary degree. However, a combination of Bible College and experience working with youth will also be considered. Experience in other areas of adult ministry will be required as the individual in this position will be called upon to assist with weddings, funerals, pastoral care and pastor-on-call duties, and adhere to our church doctrinal statement.
The Pastor of Middle School is responsible for leading our middle school students towards Christ, equipping volunteers to disciple and mentor students, and partnering with parents as they disciple their kids.
Please submit your resume to Sarah Over at email@example.com. Due to the confidential nature of this job posting, please do not call or contact the church office. We will review resumes and contact you if we require further information.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for the hearts and minds of students. The Student Ministry Director is responsible for the ministries at CCC that support the students in 7 – 12th grade. This includes leadership, development, and oversight of a comprehensive ministry for students from 7th grade to high school graduation that provides teaching, relational and spiritual development through small groups.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively leads student ministries and is responsible for the oversight and development of all ministries from 7th grade through college
- Development and execution of effective programming that leads ministries to accomplish their purpose and goals
- Oversees, shepherds and equips paid and volunteer staff by leading meetings, training, and coordinating staff retreats
- Provides consistent support and coaching to the teaching team for various ministry environments
- Creates an efficient oversight structure for small groups and equips and supports leaders in effectively shepherding/mentoring student and young adult participants
- Develops, organizes and facilitates summer growth experiences (i.e. camp, training, service weeks, mission trips)
- Leads the development of the annual budget fund; effectively manages and oversees spending for assigned ministry areas
- Effectively and respectfully communicates with parents, volunteer staff, students, and church leadership
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work in a busy office with constant interruptions
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with ministry volunteers through open and interactive communication
- Possess strong commitment to a positive team environment dynamic with the ability to contribute expertise and consistently follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues in ministry environments
- Willing to go above and beyond to ensure excellent service with both staff and church community
- Consistently strive to build great relationships with co-workers, as all positions require teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible/theology or comparable educational studies
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading in student ministry or comparable experience leading in an environment with students
- Leadership experience in equipping and staffing adult volunteer staff in non-profit/for profit environment
- Experience in a professional multi-staff environment
We are passionate about:
Helping people who are searching for something more find a life changing relationship with Jesus.
Love God Fully, Love Other Deeply
- Gracious Acceptance
- Healthy Relationships
- Purposeful Serving
- Intention Rhythms
- Forward Movement
What to Expect
A casual setting which includes modern music and relevant Bible teaching. The music has a contemporary sound and meaningful, memorable lyrics to help us connect in worship with God, and prepare our hearts for hearing God’s Word. The teaching is practical and biblically-based. Sometimes we explore a book of the Bible, sometimes it’s a specific topic, and sometimes we focus on life issues such as relationships or finances.
Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries. We have a fantastic group of about 30 youth that are eager to continue growing and deepening their walk with Jesus. You’ll be part of a great team of staff that seek to connect people with Jesus and each other. This position is responsible for creating and implementing weekly Youth Programs centered on fellowship, worship, and discipleship. Additionally, the job will be responsible for creating an annual retreat and mission trip for youth. This well-established program with a built-in team of volunteers is seeking a candidate with prior Youth Ministry experience and an undergraduate degree. Some seminary theological education, while not required, is a plus.
All inquiries should be directed to Rick Annett, the chair of our Staff Parish Relations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 949-837-2941.
20 Hours Per week
The Student Ministry Director is responsible to develop, prepare, and implement a discipleship program for the students (sixth through twelfth grades) of NorthWest Bible Church. He will work closely with the church staff, parents, and volunteer leaders to serve this function.
Qualifications for all staff
– Affirm the NWBC doctrinal statement, constitution, mission, and vision.
– Exemplify Christian character.
– Committed to a team approach to ministry and unity within the staff and church.
– Communicate well with the staff team.
– Demonstrate appropriate levels of organization the execute the ministry.
– Proficient in using modern technology and means of digital communication.
– Desire to work diligently and selflessly.
– Respond well to authority, feedback, and evaluation.
Qualifications for the Student Ministry Director
– Have a vision for the discipleship process of students and their families.
– Relate well to students and be willing to be appropriately involved in their lives.
– Be enthusiastic, relational, and motivated to pursue students.
– Capable of effectively recruiting and equipping volunteer leaders.
– Demonstrate giftedness and ability in leading and teaching.
– Communicate well to a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings.
– Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities of the position
1. Lead the ministry to students (sixth through twelfth grades).
– Develop and execute a balanced discipleship program that fulfills the mission and vision of NorthWest Bible church.
– Oversee all student ministry curriculum and teaching.
– Develop and maintain a ministry budget.
– Maintain all student ministry facilities and equipment.
– Communicate with parents, leaders, and students.
2. Shepherd students.
– Be personally involved in every ministry opportunity designed for the entire group.
– Make and maintain a personal connection with each regular participant in the student ministry.
– Be available to parents and students—even those that do not regularly participate.
– Provide opportunities for students to be involved in church leadership.
– Support students in their non-church environments.
– Provide care and pastoral counsel for students and their families.
3. Develop and lead a team to assist in ministering to students.
– Recruit and maintain a personal connection with each leader.
– Ensure each leader has the appropriate doctrinal examination and background check required to serve.
– Provide initial and ongoing training for leaders.
– Shepherd ministry interns (if applicable).
4. Be a functioning member of the church and church staff.
– Maintain regular and appropriate office hours.
– Be responsible for all financial expenditures.
– Comply with the policies in the employee handbook.
– Participate in all church-wide events.
– Participate in all staff meetings, including socials and other functions.
– Meet with the elders and attend other scheduled meetings when requested.
– Be available to serve in areas outside the student ministry as needed.
– Be available to fill the pulpit, officiate weddings and funerals, and make hospital visits as needed.