Karnes City United Methodist Church
Director of Discipleship for Children and Youth
1. Create a safe and organized system to transport children and youth
2. Ensure background checks are current on all adult volunteers
3. Choose curriculum, along with pastor and youth council, which reflects our church values and theology
4. Equip volunteers to lead effectively
5. Foster an environment with children and youth where they look forward to participating and building lasting memories
6. Develop and cast a vision for the children and youth ministries, and keep that vision before the whole church
7. Develop, submit, and monitor the children and youth ministry budget
8. Recruit volunteers and helpers
9. Meet regularly with volunteers and youth council for advice and support
10. Arrange a variety of activities: Sunday School, After School Programs, Youth Bible studies, “lock-ins”, mission trips, camps, retreats, fundraisers, etc.
11. Stay current with curriculums and studies, ensure volunteers always have the best available resources for working with children and youth
12. Confidentiality between the Youth Director, parents /guardians and the children and/or youth should always be maintained.
13. Create a culture where children and youth desire to invite their friends
14. Regularly attend Church Board meetings to present updates on the Youth and Children Ministry
15. Regularly participate in worship at Karnes City UMC
Must love children. Must be a strong disciple of Jesus Christ, who displays evidence of the Holy’s Spirit’s power and influence within them. A children and youth director should have the capacity to juggle responsibilities and prioritize them effectively. This person will be detailed oriented with a soft, nurturing, and kind relationship among children and youth and adults.
Specific considerations include:
* No criminal history
* On fire for the Lord and Spirit filled
* A thorough understanding of biblical theology and the ability to communicate this to children and youth
* The ability to teach, and respond spontaneously to all questions.
* Strong personal references
* A respect for confidentiality
* A strong work ethic and ability to make difficult decisions
* Energetic & passionate with a confidence to lead children and youth ministry
* A background in Christian education, or youth ministry, or significant equivalent ministry experience
* The ability to promote the program and raise funds for events
* A capacity to communicate clearly to children, youth, and adults
* Leadership skills
* The ability to build and maintain rapport with administrative and pastoral staff, volunteers, youth and children
* Strong organizational skills and follow-through
* The ability to work unsupervised
* An understanding of how to safely and legally use digital technology to engage youth, their families, and the community
* A strong vision for a growing youth ministry program
* Exceptional communication skills
If your dream job is to be
1) full-time in youth and children’s ministry,
2) at a church that doesn’t just talk about loving kids, but acts it out,
3) with a reliable core of committed and active adult volunteers,
4) where Christ is worshiped, the Bible is trusted, and the gospel is shared,
then PLEASE APPLY to Salem Covenant Church in central Minnesota. Salem Covenant has a growing population of primary-age kids, securing the future of the Youth Ministry for many years to come. Two hours west of Minneapolis, Salem Covenant is surrounded by towns that provide for every need (including quality schools), and reflect every kind of opportunity for outreach and mission.
The Director leads and coordinates ministry to youth (7th-12th Grades, ages 12-18) and primary age children (1st– 6th Grades, ages 6-12) through discipleship, education, fellowship, mentoring, and evangelism, all to promote a growing relationship with Jesus Christ in each student.
• The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry will be hands-on in all aspects of Youth Ministry at Salem Covenant (with the exception of teaching Confirmation).
• The Director will develop relationships of discipleship and care with the youth, including visits with individual youth.
• The Director will serve as chair of the Youth Committee (comprised of adult volunteers), calling meetings, presenting agendas, keeping notes of decisions and suggestions, and in a timely manner delegating appropriate volunteer tasks for follow-through.
• The Director will supervise the ministries for primary age children (Sunday School and AWANA), and sit ex officio on the Board of Christian Education.
• The Director shall be the church’s chief liaison and advocate for children’s, youth, and family camping and retreats and other special overnight events, and participate on the Camp Committee.
• The Director shall be a member of Salem Covenant by virtue of call, and participate in the life of the church including Sunday worship. The Director may be involved in ways available to all based on skills and gifts, such as: in music, in greeting, reading scripture, tech support, leading prayer, or other worship activity and support.
• The Director keeps a regular and routine schedule of ministry, visitation, and office-hours, for a standard of 40-50 hours/week, with three weeks and three Sundays vacation.
For more details about the church and the youth director’s duties, visit
https://www.salemcovpennock.org/. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Pastor Jonathan Wilson at email@example.com.
As part of the overall strategy for ChristWay Church this position will develop a comprehensive approach to High School and College age student ministry that equips and challenges students to live as faithful followers of Jesus Christ, in alignment with ChristWay’s mission and vision.
- In cooperation with other student ministry leaders, develop programs and events that focus on building spiritually mature high school and college students.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Maintain strong leadership for the student ministry through effective recruiting, training and retaining strategies with adult volunteers.
- Grow the student ministry through compelling gospel driven environments that engage both the churched and unchurched.
- Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel the students, young adults and parents towards effective lives as followers of Jesus.
- Engage in the personal lives of students, directly and through adult volunteers.
- Oversee, with help from adult volunteers, the identification of students with leadership potential and provide opportunities for development.
- Partner with church leadership to provide opportunities for students to be directly involved in missions and ministry, both locally and outside the community.
- Network with other like-minded student ministry leaders to support starting and strengthening school campus ministries.
- In partnership with church leadership, develop an annual budget for the high school and college ministry and operate within the budget each year.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching, weddings, counseling, funerals, etc.).
- Actively contribute to weekly staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or related field. Master of Divinity degree preferred.
- Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Understanding of and willingness to adhere to the doctrinal commitments of ChristWay
- At least 5 years’ experience ministering to youth and leading student ministry volunteers
Passion and calling for students and student ministry
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, able to plan months in advance
To apply, send cover letter, resume and personal testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLIERVILLE UMC is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Lead, equip and empower the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of The United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff ministry partner to assigned task teams and committees.
10. Prepare budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 5-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Position Description: The person in this position will work with the Youth Ministries Director, youth staff, and volunteer youth leaders to cultivate a community that values relationships, longs to be transformed by Jesus Christ, and seeks to live as people sent by God.
The person in this position will provide principle leadership and vision for the discipleship, teaching, and leadership efforts for the high school ministry. This leader will build Christ-centered relationships with students, parents, and volunteer youth leaders through the following ministry areas:
- Discipleship Ministry:
Foster a culture in the high school community where discipleship and transformation are prioritized;
- Plan, develop, and coordinate the high school small group Bible studies and discipleship groups;
- Assist students in cultivating a lifestyle of personal discipleship and equipping students with the tools to study the Bible and grow in their faith;
- Develop a relational ministry with students.
- Teaching Ministry:
- Plan and develop large group Sunday morning teaching ministry that is rooted in the Bible;
- See to it that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed to students with grace and love;
- Foster a passion among students to share the good news of the Kingdom with others.
- Leadership Ministry:
Provide vision and leadership in the high school ministry for parents and volunteer leaders; serve as primary contact for the high school ministry.
- Integrate high school students into life and leadership of the church;
- Recruit, train, and supervise high school interns
- Utilization of Volunteers:
Recruit, train, support, and equip small group leaders and Sunday morning teachers for high school ministry;
- Serve as the point person for high school volunteer leaders and parents;
- Contributory role in selecting, training, and providing work direction for approximately 25 adult volunteers
- Team ministry:
Work collaboratively with the High School Outreach Director and participate in campus, fellowship, and mission efforts as needed;
- Along with other members of the Youth Staff, will plan and implement large events, retreats, and mission trips;
- Work cohesively with the Youth Ministries Director and the youth staff in carrying out the mission of Christ’s church, MDPC Youth Ministry, and MDPC;
- Pray regularly for students, leaders, and parents.
The people of Connell Memorial United Methodist Church seek a director of youth ministries for faith forming ministry of activity-based fellowship, retreats, service, and missions. The church is in a suburban community of Nashville TN with full program for all ages and average worship attendance of about 200.
This position is based on an annual expectation of 1250 hours; a workload averaging 25 hours a week. Salary and some benefits, including a 2 br 1 ba house and utilities, will be commensurate to education and experience. Open to discussion of expansion of hours to include young adult ministries.
Full job description available upon request. Call (615) 859-5915 or email email@example.com
Send resume and cover letter to Connell Memorial UMC, 113 Church Street, Goodlettsville TN 37072, or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a diverse downtown Presbyterian church in a small town in Pennsylvania that has the best ice cream and bacon in the universe. As a church we strive to live into our vision to “share the heart of Christ from the heart of the city.” Our mission-oriented youth group has become multicultural and we find that diversity wonderful and challenging. Our young adult group is growing and meets weekly at a local pub and has great potential. We’re looking for a Jesus-loving, creative, energetic, mission-focused youth and young adult pastor who wants to help young people become devoted followers of Jesus Christ who love God and love neighbor. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications) and full benefits. Candidates must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, some experience in leading youth ministry (2+ years preferred) and be knowledgeable about resources, curriculum and best practices for leading youth ministry. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The full position description is available on request. We’d love to hear from you. Send your info to email@example.com
Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation
About Us: Oxford Presbyterian Church is a diverse congregation, called together to care for one another and worship Jesus Christ. Located in downtown Oxford, PA, the congregation views its neighborhood as its primary venue for ministry. The worshipping body averages about 170 people each Sunday, representing a diverse array of viewpoints, ages, and life circumstances. As the spiritual home to a number of young families and located just steps away from a large retirement community, OPC desires to better facilitate the discipleship and spiritual formation of all ages.
Position Title: Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation
Status: Full Time (For a term of six months. Renewable by action of the Administration and Personnel Committee. The Transitional Director may apply for the permanent position by invitation of the session.)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Accountability: The Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff and the Session.
Relationships: The Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation will work in close cooperation with the Pastor/Head of Staff, the Christian Education Committee and its chairperson, the Worship Committee and its chairperson, the Director and Board of the Oxford Community Preschool, volunteers, and families of program participants.
• A passionate and contagious faith in Jesus Christ.
• A familiarity and general agreement with Presbyterian polity, Reformed theology, and the denominational identity of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• A bachelors degree (Masters preferred) with an emphasis in Christian Education, Children’s education, or a related field.
• Christian Educator certification, ordination, or certification of readiness to receive a call in the PC(USA) is preferred
• 3+ years of professional experience in program coordination for children, youth, and families
• Aptitudes in leadership, teamwork, teaching, recruiting and delegation.
• A proven track record of excellent communication, administration, and organization
• An ability to engage a diverse array of theological and social beliefs with an inclusive and loving spirit
• Collaborate with the Pastor/Head of Staff, Christian Education and Worship Committees, and other volunteers on a strategic plan for the spiritual formation of persons of all ages.
• Collaborate with the Pastor/Head of Staff and Christian Education and Worship Committees to develop parental and congregational involvement with children and youth.
• Acquire and adapt curriculum materials to address the specific needs of the congregation.
• Recruit, vet, train, and support a dynamic and engaged Sunday school and Children’s Church teaching staff.
• Facilitate the youth group meeting twice per month.
• Encourage, promote, and participate in spiritual development, fellowship, and service opportunities for youth such as retreats, conferences, mission trips, day outings, etc.
• Identify and develop opportunities for the participation of children and youth in
worship in coordination with the Pastor/Head of Staff and chair of the Worship Committee.
• Develop and promote programs and home-study curriculum to encourage families in their discipleship and spiritual formation.
• Develop a communication strategy for keeping program participants, their families, and the congregation informed and engaged in the congregation’s ministries of spiritual formation.
• Aid in ensuring all required clearances are filed, trainings completed, and security and safety protocol are enacted.
Cover Letters and Resumes (or PIFs) may be sent to: staffingOPC@gmail.com
Eagle Ranch is currently seeking a Program Assistant to work in our boys’ homes. Position to begin May 2019.
The Program Assistant position is ideal for recent college graduates interested in exploring a career or service in the following areas: counseling, social work, education, youth ministry, experiential outdoor learning, youth leadership and/or working with families.
Program Assistants become part of a team that includes:
– A houseparent couple that manages one of our 10 residential homes for children
– A licensed counselor who provides counseling to each child and their family
Your duties will include working alongside your team to help children who are receiving care in the Eagle Ranch program. This includes working with children and their families in a variety of ways, receiving training, guidance and support for your duties. You will live on the Eagle Ranch campus alongside other Program Assistants of the same gender, with your own room and all living expenses included in your compensation package.
The Program Assistant position provides professional experience that is a great fit for future careers such as counseling & social work, education, youth ministry, experiential outdoor learning and more. Additionally, you’ll grow personally as you learn and help others with communication, relationships and spiritual development. Faith in Christ and a caring community are the cornerstones of Eagle Ranch.
Take the first step and send your resume and cover letter to Andy Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Program Assistant.
For more information, visit EagleRanch.org/employment
Pastor of Student Ministries
Avenue United Methodist Church in Milford Delaware serves a dynamic congregation of 375 each week. Avenue has an incredible opportunity for a passionate, spirit filled Pastor of Student Ministries to provide Christ-centered, Biblically-based, loving environment for the Student Ministries Program(s). The current student ministry program is thriving and we’re looking for the right leader to expand it even further.
Avenue Church is located minutes from the beautiful Delaware beaches in central Delaware.
- Spiritually mature Christian with an active faith life and genuine passion for being a disciple of Jesus Christ.
College graduate preferred and/or equivalent work experience in youth ministry.
Knowledge of this generation’s culture and ability to utilize this understanding in ministry.
Must be physically able to participate in youth activities.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- The full job description is available on the Avenue United Methodist Church website: https://avenueumc.com/
Hours per week: 30
- $30,000 annually.
- Housing available upon request.
- Expense Account.
- $10,000 operating budget.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR vial mail
Avenue United Methodist Church
20 North Church Street
Milford, DE 19963
Attn: Greg J. Abbott, SPRC Chair
Accepting applications until the position is filled.