DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is strong in character, committed to faith formation, and focused on relationships. We desire a youth director who is outreach oriented, creative and adaptable, visionary, and gifted in leadership.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
1. Build relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
2. Develop and lead discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids.
3. Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
4. Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
5. Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Education in ministry, education, or human development; or
2. Experience in ministry (professional, internship or volunteer)
3. Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
4. Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
5. Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
We are looking for God’s man to encourage youth in their spiritual journey by modeling what it means to live a passionate, Christ-centered life. Christ Community Church (CCC) is an elder-led, non-denominational church with approximately 1300 people in our weekly worship services. Our youth programs range from 65-100 in attendance between Sunday and Wednesday night ministries.
We are committed to gospel-centered worship, teaching, discipleship, and reaching the community with the life-changing truth of the gospel. The individual we are seeking should have significant experience working with youth; be a strong team member and team player; be committed to carrying out the mission and vision of CCC; and must be able to endorse the constitution, bylaws and doctrinal statement of CCC and follow the leadership of the elders.
This man will be a committed Christian who continues to grow in his relationship with God through Jesus Christ; lives consistently with the biblical standards of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; and has the support of his family in this ministry. We would prefer an individual with a seminary degree. However, a combination of Bible College and experience working with youth will also be considered. Experience in other areas of adult ministry will be required as the individual in this position will be called upon to assist with weddings, funerals, pastoral care and pastor-on-call duties, and adhere to our church doctrinal statement.
The Pastor of Middle School is responsible for leading our middle school students towards Christ, equipping volunteers to disciple and mentor students, and partnering with parents as they disciple their kids.
Please submit your resume to Sarah Over at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the confidential nature of this job posting, please do not call or contact the church office. We will review resumes and contact you if we require further information.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for the hearts and minds of students. The Student Ministry Director is responsible for the ministries at CCC that support the students in 7 – 12th grade. This includes leadership, development, and oversight of a comprehensive ministry for students from 7th grade to high school graduation that provides teaching, relational and spiritual development through small groups.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively leads student ministries and is responsible for the oversight and development of all ministries from 7th grade through college
- Development and execution of effective programming that leads ministries to accomplish their purpose and goals
- Oversees, shepherds and equips paid and volunteer staff by leading meetings, training, and coordinating staff retreats
- Provides consistent support and coaching to the teaching team for various ministry environments
- Creates an efficient oversight structure for small groups and equips and supports leaders in effectively shepherding/mentoring student and young adult participants
- Develops, organizes and facilitates summer growth experiences (i.e. camp, training, service weeks, mission trips)
- Leads the development of the annual budget fund; effectively manages and oversees spending for assigned ministry areas
- Effectively and respectfully communicates with parents, volunteer staff, students, and church leadership
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work in a busy office with constant interruptions
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with ministry volunteers through open and interactive communication
- Possess strong commitment to a positive team environment dynamic with the ability to contribute expertise and consistently follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues in ministry environments
- Willing to go above and beyond to ensure excellent service with both staff and church community
- Consistently strive to build great relationships with co-workers, as all positions require teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible/theology or comparable educational studies
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading in student ministry or comparable experience leading in an environment with students
- Leadership experience in equipping and staffing adult volunteer staff in non-profit/for profit environment
- Experience in a professional multi-staff environment
We are passionate about:
Helping people who are searching for something more find a life changing relationship with Jesus.
Love God Fully, Love Other Deeply
- Gracious Acceptance
- Healthy Relationships
- Purposeful Serving
- Intention Rhythms
- Forward Movement
What to Expect
A casual setting which includes modern music and relevant Bible teaching. The music has a contemporary sound and meaningful, memorable lyrics to help us connect in worship with God, and prepare our hearts for hearing God’s Word. The teaching is practical and biblically-based. Sometimes we explore a book of the Bible, sometimes it’s a specific topic, and sometimes we focus on life issues such as relationships or finances.
Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries. We have a fantastic group of about 30 youth that are eager to continue growing and deepening their walk with Jesus. You’ll be part of a great team of staff that seek to connect people with Jesus and each other. This position is responsible for creating and implementing weekly Youth Programs centered on fellowship, worship, and discipleship. Additionally, the job will be responsible for creating an annual retreat and mission trip for youth. This well-established program with a built-in team of volunteers is seeking a candidate with prior Youth Ministry experience and an undergraduate degree. Some seminary theological education, while not required, is a plus.
All inquiries should be directed to Rick Annett, the chair of our Staff Parish Relations Committee (email@example.com) or call 949-837-2941.
20 Hours Per week
The Student Ministry Director is responsible to develop, prepare, and implement a discipleship program for the students (sixth through twelfth grades) of NorthWest Bible Church. He will work closely with the church staff, parents, and volunteer leaders to serve this function.
Qualifications for all staff
– Affirm the NWBC doctrinal statement, constitution, mission, and vision.
– Exemplify Christian character.
– Committed to a team approach to ministry and unity within the staff and church.
– Communicate well with the staff team.
– Demonstrate appropriate levels of organization the execute the ministry.
– Proficient in using modern technology and means of digital communication.
– Desire to work diligently and selflessly.
– Respond well to authority, feedback, and evaluation.
Qualifications for the Student Ministry Director
– Have a vision for the discipleship process of students and their families.
– Relate well to students and be willing to be appropriately involved in their lives.
– Be enthusiastic, relational, and motivated to pursue students.
– Capable of effectively recruiting and equipping volunteer leaders.
– Demonstrate giftedness and ability in leading and teaching.
– Communicate well to a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings.
– Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities of the position
1. Lead the ministry to students (sixth through twelfth grades).
– Develop and execute a balanced discipleship program that fulfills the mission and vision of NorthWest Bible church.
– Oversee all student ministry curriculum and teaching.
– Develop and maintain a ministry budget.
– Maintain all student ministry facilities and equipment.
– Communicate with parents, leaders, and students.
2. Shepherd students.
– Be personally involved in every ministry opportunity designed for the entire group.
– Make and maintain a personal connection with each regular participant in the student ministry.
– Be available to parents and students—even those that do not regularly participate.
– Provide opportunities for students to be involved in church leadership.
– Support students in their non-church environments.
– Provide care and pastoral counsel for students and their families.
3. Develop and lead a team to assist in ministering to students.
– Recruit and maintain a personal connection with each leader.
– Ensure each leader has the appropriate doctrinal examination and background check required to serve.
– Provide initial and ongoing training for leaders.
– Shepherd ministry interns (if applicable).
4. Be a functioning member of the church and church staff.
– Maintain regular and appropriate office hours.
– Be responsible for all financial expenditures.
– Comply with the policies in the employee handbook.
– Participate in all church-wide events.
– Participate in all staff meetings, including socials and other functions.
– Meet with the elders and attend other scheduled meetings when requested.
– Be available to serve in areas outside the student ministry as needed.
– Be available to fill the pulpit, officiate weddings and funerals, and make hospital visits as needed.
This is a Full-Time Youth Pastor position with the focus on discipling the Students, Leaders, and Parents of the families that attend Centerpoint Fellowship Church. Previous leadership experience and a strong competency in Discipling are needed. We are a non-denominational church with multiple campuses that uses the Bible as our guide in all matters of faith and practice. This position would be for the main Centerpoint Campus in Prattville, Alabama. To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief cover letter.
Associate Youth Pastor
Eastpoint Christian Church
Eastpoint is a dynamic and exciting church that was planted 16-years ago. With over 2000 people attending Sunday services on average, Eastpoint continues to grow at a rapid pace. Eastpoint built a church and community center in 2017 that is for neighbors, businesses and members to use throughout the week. It includes a soccer field, a playscape for kids, a Café, a gymnasium, and numerous multifunction rooms, as well as a 1600 seat auditorium which holds multiple concerts and events throughout the year. Eastpoint is located in the Greater Portland area which has a population around 230,000 people. Portland is most famous for The Old Port and waterfront district filled with cobblestone streets, 5 star restaurants, lively theaters, concert venues and local sporting venues. We are praying for a Youth Pastor who is called to New England and is looking to partner with us as we lead students into a relationship with Christ where they can know God, find freedom, engage community, and share their faith with others.
The main responsibilities of this position is to develop and implement a student ministry discipleship strategy for 6th through 12th grade. In addition, this person will be the director of the middle school ministry.
- Committed follower of Jesus
- Devotion to the Core Values of Eastpoint Christian Church
- Leader, teacher, developer, servant
- Self-starter, initiator, organized
- Able to work with a diverse staff team
- Knowledgeable in student ministries and loves teenagers
- Passionate for discipleship
- Passionate for middle school ministries
- Efficient in computer skills i.e. Excel, Word, Photoshop
- Bachelor’s Degree–preferably in Christian Ministry or a related field. (Negotiable)
- 5 years of student ministry experience (Negotiable)
- Proven track record of functioning well on diverse teams
- Proven track record of team leadership and leadership development
- Proven track record of successful student discipleship
General Staff Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Attend staff retreats, and conferences
- Be present and available during Sunday services to engage with students and families
- Be present at special church-wide events
- Report to lead Youth Pastor
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Servant Leadership Pathway for leaders and Coaches
- Encourage, support and implement the Hero Makerstrategy of allowing the volunteers, leaders and coaches to lead the ministry
- Fully participate in the full scope of student ministry including, Fusion, life groups, care and crisis, parent, discipleship, events, prayer, and missions
- Develop and implement a student ministry discipleship strategy for 6th through 12th grade
- Director of the middle school ministry
Bethany – A Place of New Beginnings is looking for a part time Director of High School or Junior High Ministry to provide spiritual direction, connection, and care to our students. The individual we are seeking loves God, is growing as an apprentice of Jesus, and seeks to be led by the Spirit; enjoys engaging with people, and wants to help students grow spiritually and make a difference in our community and our world; has strong relational, leadership, and communication skills; is committed to personal growth, and has a teachable spirit – responds well to creative, constructive, critical review. Bethany is located in West Covina, California, which is located 5.5 miles from Azusa Pacific University, 16 miles from Fuller Theological Seminary and 14.5 miles from Biola University. We look forward to hearing from you!
HOW TO APPLY: Please email us with your résumé, and a brief overview of your strengths and gifts, and what it is you most enjoy doing in ministry.
DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY or JUNIOR HIGH MINISTRY
The Director of Ministry will provide spiritual direction, connection, and care to our students — and, ideally, with God’s help, significantly grow (spiritually, relationally, numerically) the ministry. The top areas of focus:
1. Build a Team— recruit, train & develop sponsors.
2. Teaching— to give our students a place to learn.
3. Mentoring/Discipling — to give our students a place to grow.
Schedule: 10-15 hours a week.
Weekly Schedule of Activities:
Wednesday nights are the primary weekly activity; on Sundays, share leadership with other Team Leaders to lead Sunday School (9:30am & 10:30am), and sit with students in church when possible; and during the week connect with students. Provisional: Attend Senior Staff meetings only when necessary on Tuesday mornings, 10:00am – 11:30am)
Monthly: At least one major activity each month for students.
Mature Christian who walks with Jesus, loves God and loves people, member of Bethany, loyal, trustworthy, high-capacity worker, a servant’s heart.
At least one of the gifts of Pastoring/Shepherding, Leading, or Teaching would be optimal — and Wisdom, Mercy, Evangelism, and Creative Communication would all be assets.
Worker’s Compensation Insurance
Columbia Presbyterian Church
Purpose – The Youth Director at Columbia will provide opportunities and guidance to our youth to help create life-long disciples of Jesus Christ always considering our Youth Ministry guiding principle of L.I.F.E.R.S. (Creating life-long disciples, Intentional planning, Family centered, Equipping our youth and families, forming and facilitating meaningful Relationships, and Service)
Accountability – This position will report to the Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team, the Personnel Ministry Team and the Session.
Time – The Position is 40 hours a week. It is an exempt and salaried position.
Regularly meet with Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministries
Event champion and lead person on all Middle School/High School events and Middle School and High School Sunday School
Directly Provide and oversee pastoral care issues related to Middle School/High School students and their parents/families
Shared program leadership with Associate Pastor for both Middle School and High School
Regular contact work with students
Retreats and Calendar Planning
Recruit and Equip Leadership for Middle School Ministries (Adults and Core Leaders) and High School Ministries (Adults)
Participate in Sunday Worship at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Full participation in program staff meetings
Participation in monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings
Oversight over our Annual Work Camp Auction
Lead our annual Summer Internship for High School and College Students
Manage the budget for Youth Ministries in cooperation with the Youth Ministries Team
o College Diploma from an Accredited University
o A deep love for Jesus and for students
o Previous youth ministry experience with students (preferred 2-3+ years)
o Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with other colleagues in a multi-staff and team based environment
o Good conflict resolution skills
o Ability to engage in long term planning
o Ideal candidate would have some abilities in several of these areas:
o Technology and Social Media
o Musical Gifts for Worship
o Capacity for and interest in theological reflection
o Biblically based teaching that is relevant and engaging
o An active and healthy prayer life
o Leadership of games and activities
Columbia Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation that has been a solid example of Christ’s witness in its community since the 1950’s. While we are a blended church in terms of age and tradition, we are on the cutting edge of student ministry. We have developed new approaches to youth ministry that are currently leading national conversations about the future of student ministry across the United States. In short, we are a blend of the traditional and the innovative. We are not a flashy church, but what we do, we do well. We are biblically centered and Christ centered and while we have remained in the PCUSA denomination, we represent a center right church theologically. Columbia is orthodox, passionate for Christ, but unwilling to settle for simple answers to any question. We are highly reflective. Our youth ministry is vibrant and well supported financially and in terms of leadership. It is a spectacular place to worship and call home and is a very healthy staff. It is also a community that has a long history of caring for its ministers well.
The Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area is one of the most popular places to live in the country with mountains, rivers, and lakes galore. It is a wonderful place for people who like the outdoors and a small/medium sized metro area. The urban and the wild are 15 minutes in either direction. The climate, though rainy and often grey in some seasons, has wonderful fall seasons, mild winters, and superb summers. There are great schools in the area and it is a wonderful place to call home.
The salary range starts at 50k and may be higher depending on experience. There is generous vacation and study leave time. There are also generous professional expense applications and some funding for study leave. There are also medical benefits and the possibility of a package of other benefits depending on experience and years served. Anyone inquiring about the position can ask about these other benefits.
Underpinning all of these responsibilities is the Youth Director’s need to engage in self-care. This would include:
-Tending to your relationship with Jesus
-Tending to your family
-Taking adequate time for personal rest and reflection so that you are ministering from abundance
-Taking time for professional study leave for the sake of professional and spiritual growth
Interested Candidates should contact:
Matt Overton- Associate Pastor for Youth and Families
St. John Lutheran Church (The Purple Door Church), in Celina, Ohio is seeking a Director of Youth and Young Adults.
- Maintain a meaningful and viable relationship with Jesus Christ, enabling you to witness authentically to the Gospel.
- Manage education teams including Youth (grades 7th-12th), College, and Young Adults.
Provide vision, training, and leadership for education teams.
- Recruit, train, manage, and equip volunteers for Wednesday evening education programs and do due diligence in regard to the Child Safety Policy.
- Be an active participant of staff visioning and planning under the leadership of the Pastor.
Adhere to Staff Code of Conduct, Covenant of Healthy Relations, and Church Mission and Vision as defined by Governing documents.
- Work with Children’s Director to coordinate, advise, assist, and recruit volunteers for special programs/events.