Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Memphis Theological Seminary
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 1
Email Dea Wathen, email@example.com, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Director of Youth and Family Ministry Job Description
St James Episcopal Church in Hendersonville, NC is searching for a Director of Youth and Family Ministry who will, primarily, lead and love our youth into a relationship with Jesus. Additionally, this person will be the leader of faith formation activities at the church for adults, youth, and children. He or she must be an enthusiastic leader who thrives and enjoys working with children and youth. At the same time, this leader must have the creativity and intellect to organize adult formation programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and nurture the Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) Program
· Oversee Sunday Christian Formation Programs
o Adult Formation
o Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (age 4 – grade 2) (Support)
o Sunday School (grades 3-5) (Support)
o Youth Hang Out (grades 5-12)
· Recruit and train volunteers to assist with programs
· Acolyte Master:Training and scheduling
· Lead/Teach Youth Confirmation Classes, 9Th grade and up
· Coordinate the Nursery Program
· Coordinate with the Assistant Rector and the School Director St James School For Little Folks Thursday Chapel
· Organize Yearly Youth Mission Trip(s)
o Fund-raising knowledge and proven ability to raise funds for mission trips
· Vacation Bible School (Point person for St. James—this is a interdenominational event held at a Presbyterian church)
· Math Tutoring Program (Support)
· Youth Conferences and Diocesan Events
· Camp Henry Scholarship Program
· Other duties as they crop up, because we never quite know what might happen
· A person who loves and follows Jesus and desires to share that relationship.
· An Episcopalian is preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Experienced (3-5 years) in both supervising and counseling youth of all ages in a Christian Formation setting, e.g. youth ministry, Christian educator, or camp counselor.
· A religious education background for all ages would be helpful
· Understanding/support of youth who are troubled or have disabilities
· Fluency in Spanish is a plus
· Ability to play a musical instrument would be ideal
· Ability to teach and lead our youth and families into greater faith in and love of God.
· Faith based life experiences and education,
· Demonstrated organizational and implementation skills
· Demonstrated ability to teach about, organize, and implement mission trips
· Able to lead worship with youth
· Demonstrated ability to teach the Bible
· Ability to communicate with youth, parents, and when necessary, the parish at large using all available tools, e.g. Social Media, computer programs, website, etc.
Qualities we seek:
· Love of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
· Strong Christian faith and grounded in that faith
· Loves young people and working with them;
· Dedicated to the Episcopal church;
· Possess a visible and authentic spirituality;
· Energetic, enthusiastic, encouraging, passionate, dedicated, caring, patient, mature; compassionate, outgoing, fun, respectful, flexible, open-minded, non-judgmental
· Able to relate to our youth, their needs, and to their parents/guardians;
· A good speaker
· A guiding presence
· The ability to plan, organize, and implement a task to the end;
· Open minded to all, regardless of race, gender, or sexuality;
· Community minded as well as having international outreach interest or experience
· A good listener and communicator with all age levels;
· Enjoys trying new ideas as well as continuing past successful programs
Send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
The children, youth, and family director is the provides ministry and oversees all activities in the church regarding children (birth – 5th grade), youth (6th -12th grade), and their families. This person coordinates all related events, services, and Christian formation classes. We are a spiritually vibrant and growing community that warmly embraces people of all spiritual dispositions, cultural attitudes and lifestyles.
Position: Reports to the Rector; three-quarter time anticipated initially with full benefits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience ● Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED.) ● Plus three or more years of work experience that transfer well to position as described.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. He or she must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of all ages and enjoy working with children and youth. The children, youth, family director must be extremely well-organized and have a high energy level with a proven results-oriented work ethic. He or she must be able to promote the program, communicate to the parish and recruit/manage volunteers. This person must be able to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. He or she must also be a baptized Christian and hold values consistent with the doctrine of the Episcopal Church.
Essential Duties ● Is present for Sunday morning children and youth formation. ● Recommends and oversees curricula, and ensures resources are available in classrooms. ● Recruits, leads, trains, and supports children and youth volunteers with help of children’s minister.
● Supervises one paid nursery employee, and recruits and schedules other nursery volunteers. ● Supervises Children’s Minister. ● Plans, coordinates and supervises regular youth events. ● Plans, coordinates and helps run confirmation classes and all confirmation responsibilities in partnership with the rector. ● Plans, coordinates, and runs special child/youth events for the parish. including, but not limited to, Vacation Bible School and the Christmas pageant ● Establishes personal relationships with the youth and their parents. ● Maintains regular contact with families, including creating a monthly newsletter and welcome letter for new families. ● Maintains a children and youth ministry calendar in conjunction with parish calendar. ● Maintains the children and youth ministry budget. ● Facilitates communication among team leaders, parish, congregation and diocese to include weekly announcements. ● Informs the rector of pastoral needs of any children and youth and, as appropriate, family. ● Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed. Communicates meeting notes to team. ● Meets with Charlotte Convocation youth leaders as frequently as monthly. ● Engages children and youth in various music related programs, in conjunction with the director of music ministry. ● Encourages youth participation and leadership in diocesan events. ● Recruits child/youth acolytes. ● Coordinates training of volunteers and ensure a safe church environment at all times. ● Adheres to a high level of confidentiality with information disclosed by clergy, staff, ministry volunteers, and parishioners. ● Works with the administrative assistant to keep current roster of all children and youth in parish. ● Coordinates childcare for various committees and church functions.
Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593