Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (email@example.com)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
Youth Ministry Mission:
To reach the youth of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
We believe in and highly value our young people. We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values young people as much as we do! This leader will invest their life into our students, helping them discover who they are in Christ and encourage them to not just learn about God, but to serve Him. Our youth have meaningful roles to play in God’s kingdom-building today. Our hope is that our youth ministry would produce committed disciples who will grow up and change the world. This leader will oversee and shepherd ministry to all junior high and high school students and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s youth ministry.
· Raise up, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the youth ministry.
· Raise up our youth band and a student leadership team.
· Create a safe and fun environment for students to come and experience God.
· Hold a weekly service or ministry time for both middle school and high school students.
· Run regular events to build community and help our students reach out to their friends.
· Make small groups a priority in the youth ministry.
· Personally be committed to relational discipleship and make building relationships with students your personal priority as well as the priority of your ministry team.
· Lead a big trip every year for both Middle School and High School. (Camps, mission trips, etc.)
· Run a youth ministry that is defined by discipling and empowering others in ministry, not defined by the main leader alone.
· Be a resource and a guide for parents. Hold trainings for them or other events that will help them raise their kids to love Jesus.
· Role model what you want from all of your leaders, by leading by example. (Be a general who is on the front lines as often as possible.)
· Play an active and vital role on our pastoral staff team. Sharing the load for all church events, encouraging your fellow teammates in ministry, and contributing whatever you can to advance the mission.
· Perform other pastoral functions (care visits, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.
· A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
· Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
· Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
· 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
· 3+ years of active and relevant student ministry leadership experience.
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
· Life calling for youth ministry. Passion is a prerequisite. (Youth ministry is your first choice.)
· Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
· Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
· Ability to understand and relate to students and their families.
· High energy and passionate about leading a team-lead ministry.
· Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience.
Health and retirement benefits are included.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Middle School Ministry Resident (Male)
Reports To: Middle School Pastor
The purposes of the resident positions in Student Ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service.
- To give those considering full time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness.
- To equip residents in additional areas of ministry within the church, allocating ⅓ of residency.
Description of Church:
Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus community and a rapidly growing church in West Knoxville and Roane County, TN. For the past 20 years we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God of love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training Residents to be the best pastors possible. Our middle school ministry has over 130 students actively involved and attending our weekly Wednesday night gathering called The Mix.
- To have contact with students on a weekly basis
- To be actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs. This may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- To be involved in planning and leading out Project Serve, our local summer service trip each year
- To be involved in staff meetings and Resident Development (a program that meets weekly), which includes mentoring by our senior staff leadership.
- To spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- To assist in recruitment, training and nurture of volunteers
- To be actively involved in leading and equipping small groups
- To help with whatever ongoing administrative tasks might need to be done
- To have set office time each week to be available to assist student ministry staff
- To be involved with another area of ministry within the church for up to ⅓ of time as a resident
- To help in giving lessons and teaching on Wednesday nights
Weekly Involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- The Mix, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Intern development process
Knoxville is a great area to live. We are 20 minutes from Downtown and the University of Tennessee, and are a day trip away from Asheville, Atlanta, and Nashville. We are also within flying distance from Hawaii, Paris, China, and basically anywhere else in the world!
- Salary + Free housing
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- Unlimited supply of m&m’s
- One Frisbee golf disc
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree by May 2019
- 1-2 years volunteer experience at a church, camp, or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
40+ hours per week.
Two year commitment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume to Tami Hodges at email@example.com.