Director of High School Student Ministry – Florence Campus
Essential Focus: Effectively lead the Florence Campus High School Student Ministry to glorify God by…
1. evangelizing and discipling students and leaders to become a contagious and outgoing community, focused on reaching other students with the love of Jesus
2. cultivating relational depth within the ministry that reflect commitment to be followers of Jesus Christ.
1. Exemplify a Gospel-centric, missional lifestyle, striving to be in the lives of students.
2. Demonstrate winsome ability to teach and disciple others to reach others, multiplying the ministry’s reach and community impact.
3. Oversee and lead the Florence HS Ministry (approx. 100 students, 9-12 grade) in becoming a contagious community of Christ followers committed to love, spiritual growth, and change within students and leaders.
4. Continuously identify, recruit, and develop a servant-leader volunteer team that effectively cares for students with you.
5. Cultivate a culture committed to students’ spiritual growth and support initiatives that help parents care for their children.
1. Discern needs of Florence High School Student Ministry with the Campus Pastor and develop a strategy for discipling and reaching new students that will attend the Florence Campus.
2. Develop ongoing Student Ministry events that support formation of a contagious community and increase participation within the ministry.
3. Meet regularly with the other GFC Student Ministry Staff for collaboration and prayer, assuring all campuses complement one another with similar mission and values.
4. Assess the effectiveness of the Student Ministry and make needed change for improvement.
5. Provide pastoral duties as needed including, but not limited to, officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer and other needs as they arise.
1. Give testimony and life witness of (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) possessing spiritual gifts relevant to the position (shepherding, leadership, teaching, evangelism and administration), and (3) demonstrating potential to build an effective ministry.
2. Excellent communication skills and engaging personality that draws people toward participation in the ministry.
3. A proven track record faithfully leading or serving a church or ministry.
4. Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry by building teams and mobilizing volunteers.
5. Ability to lead meetings, train and teach volunteers pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
6. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
7. Able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
8. Be an active participant in the Community Group ministry.
9. Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
10. ACBC Certified within five years of hire date.
1. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
2. Must have a working knowledge of Google Suite, developing proficiency on an ongoing basis.
3. Must be personable and enthusiastic for the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
4. Must become a GFC member and operate in agreement with ministry leadership direction of GFC.
5. Must be able to assess needed job tasks; i.e., be a self-starter, define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
1. Must be a team player able to work on teams of various sizes, including campus staff, cross-campus Student Ministry staff, operations staff, part-time interns, and volunteers.
2. Must be a self-starter, operating without close supervision; exhibiting initiative to identify needs and take proactive steps to improve ministry function, as well as measuring and reporting on progress.
3. Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
4. Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
1. Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
2. Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
3. When working with others you would be known as a Peacemaker Matt 5:9.
4. Do all work abiding in Christ John 15:5, remembering all our guidance, provision, capability and strength come from Christ.
5. Humility in considering others more important (Phil. 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
1. Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
2. Includes GFC full-time benefits package (paid holidays and vacation, professional expense account, sabbatical qualification, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) with employer match, and more.
3. This position reports to the Florence Campus Pastor.
High School Pastor – (Grades 11 & 12)
The Church – North Coast Church / Vista Campus
We are a Bible teaching, multi-site church with 13,000 attenders on seven campuses in North San Diego county. Our mission is to make disciples in a healthy church environment. The Vista campus is the hub of our multi-site church and it features multiple simultaneous adult worship venues and full census children and student ministries. You can choose the style of worship that you like and still enjoy the same great teaching in every venue. On weekdays you will find classes, workshops, student events, small groups, recovery programs and more meeting on campus. North Coast Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church.
The Ministry – High School / Eleventwelve (11/12)
Eleventwelve is a unique High School ministry for Juniors and Seniors at our Vista campus. Due to size and complexity we separated grades 9/10 and 11/12 about 12 years ago and each program has completely different rooms, staff, events, camps, budgets, etc. The 11/12 ministry attracts between 300-350 students a week and runs both weekend and midweek services based around large and small group programs. We are not an attractional ministry interested in big events, concerts, or game nights, but rather a young adult ministry committed to creating disciples who’s faith will not be rocked by university professors or cultural influences. We believe that community and real truth are fundamental to a faith in Christ and eleventwelve is designed to secure a strong understanding and practice of both. We have an incredible team of staff, small group leaders, and volunteers who provide a safe place to belong and deal with the real things that happen in High School and life.
- Small groups are the core of the ministry and essential to the discipleship model of our church.
- Midweek programs are in-home small groups that are focused on weekend sermons.
- Weekend program and teaching are geared for young adults and could be desribed as “college level.”
- Weekend services for Eleventwelve take place on Saturday night at 5:30pm and Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00am; there is also a Sunday night service.
The Position – What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates with a contagious walk with Jesus, a proven track record in youth ministry and a “family fit” on our campus team. We are also looking for:
- Track record of sound biblical teaching and a solid grasp of apologetics and lifelong discipleship – a degree in theology/biblical studies is highly preferred
- Track record of healthy team building, recruiting, staff development, leading and equipping a large group
- Passion for God, students, family and the church
- Off the charts people skills
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, photo (or FB/Insta link), and video link of him/her speaking to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to step into our ministry and build relationships with our children in a way that points them towards and builds their relationship with Christ. Someone able to come alongside our kids showing them love and building them up o be our future leaders. Compass youth are in a transition after graduating a large group and having our youth pastor move across country. A large portion of our current group fall into the younger part of the 6th to 12th grade age group. This creates a unique opportunity for someone to step into our ministry alongside parents and volunteers, build strong long term relationships, and grow our kids love for Christ.
The youth pastor/director is a full time position whose responsibility is to oversee all facets of youth ministry at Compass Church. The pastor will work with leaders of other ministries to fulfill the Compass Vision for youth ministry, which focuses on building disciples through relationships, meeting the diverse needs of today’s youth, connecting biblical teaching to real life situations, and developing leadership capacity and a missional orientation within the youth group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evangelize unchurched youth, assimilate new youh and retain currently-involved youth
- Work with the Ministry Staff as a team to develop the overall church vision and provide pastoral care for the church body
- Recruit, lead, coordinate a team of volunteers
- Be active in establishing and building relationships with youth, volunteers, and parents
- Lead youth volunteers in spiritual growth
- Work with Pastor of Children’s ministry to lead spiritual growth of Compass parents
- Envision, design, and implement youth gatherings and outreach events that create positive and encouraging environments to which teens are attracted
- Plan and oversee weekly Student ministry activities (core groups, music, games, message, etc.)
- Plan and oversee Sunday morning student ministry activities in coordination with the children and adult Sunday morning ministries
- Work in partnership with Ministry staff, volunteers, and parents to plan retreats.
- Work with Board Member Team Lead to oversee student ministry budget
- Ensure that Ministry Safe policy is enforced in all youth ministry settings
Qualifications and skills
- Meet the biblical standards for elders/deacons
- Agree to Compass’ Doctrinal statement and Vision
- Embrace the Vision statement for Student ministry at Compass
- Strong administrative and planning skills
- Good solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Highly relational
- Adept at equipping and supporting volunteer leaders
- Must be of high character
Send your resume and philosophy of ministry to email@example.com
Salary 35,000 to 45,000
Kids and Family Pastor
To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
We believe that children are a blessing from God. As a church we want to do all we can to raise up the next generation to love and serve the Lord. In order to do this we seek to develop a dynamic children’s ministry program where kids encounter the living God through His word and through the love of his people. To be effective we know that our strategy must include supporting and equipping parents.
We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values kids and families as much as we do! We seek a leader who can build a large and effective ministry team of caring volunteers to run a dynamic discipleship program. We seek a leader who will partner with families for pastoral support and spiritual direction.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s children’s ministry. Age zero up through 5th grade.
· Recruit, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the children’s ministry.
· Identify and empower lead volunteer directors who can lead other volunteers.
· Create dynamic, fun, and effective environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
· Minister to parents, helping them become the leaders in their child’s spiritual development.
· Uphold all safety policies and procedures for Journey Kids Ministry, making sure all leaders and volunteers are trained in appropriate safety guidelines.
· Host events or trainings to encourage, support and equip parents.
· Provide support to children and/or their families as needed.
· Oversee a yearly Vacation Bible School or similar event every summer.
· Meet throughout the week with parents for support and discipleship.
· Work together with the Youth Pastor to provide a seamless flow between children’s and youth ministry as well as create rite of passage events for kids and families.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with families about schedule, events, etc.
· A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
· Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
· Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
· 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
· 3+ years of active and relevant children’s ministry leadership experience.
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
· Passionate about kids and families.
· Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
· Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
· Ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
· High energy and passionate about executing a team-led ministry.
· Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience.
Other benefits are included.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org