Executive Director – Youth for Christ East Michigan
The Executive Director is:
· the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation and is responsible to the Board of Directors for the chapter’s day to day operations within the Board’s directives.
· accountable to the National Service Center (NSC) in matters of credentialing and chartering and to the local board for the operations of the Youth for Christ (YFC) Chapter and fulfillment of its mission.
This Executive Leadership position exists to lead and manage the YFC ministry in East Michigan. This includes casting vision, implementing strategy, managing a healthy financial position, supervising staff and volunteer leaders, establishing fruitful and sustainable ministry while maintaining YFC policies for compliance and standards of safety.
All Leaders in YFC are trained and developed in a specific leadership target. It is attached to this job description as a reference to the essential job functions listed below.
The Executive Director is responsible to see that the four “Roles of Leadership” as outlined in the Executive Leadership Target are executed with excellence.
The four Roles of Leadership are: Visionary Strategist, Team Developer, Ministry Developer and Resource Steward. It is unlikely that any one person including the Executive Director would be gifted to lead all four “Roles of Leadership” therefore:
Some “Roles of Leadership” will always be the direct responsibility of the Executive Director.
Other “Roles of Leadership” may be shared to one degree or another by several of the chapter’s senior staff and/or board members.
And some additional “Roles of Leadership” may be delegated to specific senior staff and/or board members based on gift mix, skills and talents.
In smaller chapters such as ours, the Executive Director will be responsible for all areas with some delegation to gifted/talented board members or volunteers.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
Visionary Strategist (15%-25% of time)
· Create and Communicate Vision
· Kingdom Perspective Decisions
· Shape & Execute Strategy
Team Developer (15%-25% of time)
· Demonstrate Christ-like Character
· Mentor & Coach
· People Selection & Development
Ministry Developer (15%-25% of time)
· Authentic Christ-sharing Relationships Focused
· Create Missional Communities
· Plan, Implement & Evaluate Ministry Outcomes
Resource Steward (50%-70% of time)
· Fund Development
· Operations, including Financial
· Asset Management
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ/USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as a leader in the movement of Youth for Christ either be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ/USA. As such, the following additional responsibilities of a spiritual nature will apply to this position:
1. Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
2. Oversee and lead regular times of prayer and worship by the staff at the NSC as well as in the field.
3. Perform sacramental functions such as the taking of communion and leading times of corporate prayer, confession and praise.
4. Perform and lead religious ceremonies such as weddings, baptism and funerals when called upon by staff and other members of the YFC community.
5. Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings and conferences.
Education & Experience
Preferred experience in youth ministry
Pre and Post Hiring Requirements
The Executive Director must:
· be approved by the National/Associate Field Director and be credentialed or be in process of being credentialed.
· meet YFC/USA’s continuing education/training requirements.
· lead a from a life centered in Christ.
Youth for Christ East Michigan is seeking applicants with a heart to reach lost 11-19 year old’s with the Gospel. Applicants must have spiritual and organizational leadership skills, ability to work with and through other people, communications skills and ability to minister to youth in evangelism and discipleship within the context of the YFC program and methodology. Experience in Development Ministry is desirable.
We ask that interested individuals please provide the following:
– Cover Letter
– Three (3) references, including your Pastor