Christ Church is seeking three interns to serve full-time in a collaborative program environment for about 12 weeks in the summer of 2019 for a stipend of $3,000. This summer position is well suited for students with at least 1 year of college experience who are interested in exploring ministry in the local church in both the children and youth age-level ministries. Candidates with a mature Christian faith and who love engaging with children and youth in program settings are encouraged to apply. Interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full job description is available at www.christchurchsl.org/jobs.
Northlake Community Church (www.northlakeonline.org) is located in Bellingham, WA in the upper northwest corner of Washington State. Located just over an hour north of the Seattle metro area, Bellingham offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike trails, golf courses, and so much more. Bellingham is home to about 90,000 people which keeps it feeling like a small and big community at the same time. Bellingham residents love the easy access to the outdoors, laid back and easy going community, and close access to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
As a church, Northlake has been around since 1952. What originally started as a women’s bible study quickly grew into a large group of believers who wanted to do life together as a church. Today, Northlake is home to about 425 weekly attenders that make up a multi-generational, non-denominational church. Located just up the street from Squalicum High School, Northlake sits in a friendly neighborhood and is in a prime location to reach the hundreds of families that surround it.
The Student Ministries Position:
The role we’re seeking to hire is a Student Ministries Pastor or Director who would be responsible for the leadership and spiritual development of the middle school and high school students connected with Northlake Community Church. Currently our student ministry serves about 50 students during our Sunday services and 30 throughout the week in small groups. Northlake’s student ministry has an excellent and long standing reputation in the Bellingham community. Our hope is to continue that reputation as we seek to lead the next generation to know Jesus and fully live the life God has for them. Being that our current Student Ministries Pastor will remain at Northlake to transition to an Associate Pastor role, we’re searching for a suitable replacement to continue to help our students and families thrive.
What You’ll Need To Succeed In This Position:
- A passion for following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
- A passion for middle school and high school students.
- A grander vision for how student ministries help build up a church.
- A love for working on a team.
- To be self-motivated, teachable, a great problem solver, and have a positive overall attitude.
- To be real and authentic – not skipping over the tough parts of life but pressing into them.
- A genuine love for spending time with students.
- A heart for the lost (especially within the unchurched setting of the Northwest).
- Experience serving and leading in student ministries.
- The ability to bring God’s word to life in a real and practical way.
This is a full-time exempt position that will require 40+ hours of work a week.
Starting salary range is from $40,000-$55,000 depending on education and experience.
Northlake provides exceptional benefits including:
- Health insurance for your entire family
- Retirement fund employer matching program
- Funds to cover a portion of moving expenses.
See Full Job Posting By Clicking Here
The Menlo Kids Director will work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch children into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Kids strategy that draws families into the church
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly weekend ministry experience
- Build a relational and effective Kids Ministry team
- Minister to families connecting what happens on weekends to what happens at home
- Engage with parents
- Manage campus Menlo Kids staff
- Work closely with Central Ministry Leader and Central Staff of Menlo Kids
- Knowledgeable in Kids Ministries with at least 2 years of experience; 5 years is preferred
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as, part of a team.
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church.
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online.
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
… SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN OTHERS
Eagle Ranch is currently seeking a Program Assistant to work in our boys’ homes. Position to begin May 2019.
The Program Assistant position is ideal for recent college graduates interested in exploring a career or service in the following areas: counseling, social work, education, youth ministry, experiential outdoor learning, youth leadership and/or working with families.
Program Assistants become part of a team that includes:
– A houseparent couple that manages one of our 10 residential homes for children
– A licensed counselor who provides counseling to each child and their family
Your duties will include working alongside your team to help children who are receiving care in the Eagle Ranch program. This includes working with children and their families in a variety of ways, receiving training, guidance and support for your duties. You will live on the Eagle Ranch campus alongside other Program Assistants of the same gender, with your own room and all living expenses included in your compensation package.
The Program Assistant position provides professional experience that is a great fit for future careers such as counseling & social work, education, youth ministry, experiential outdoor learning and more. Additionally, you’ll grow personally as you learn and help others with communication, relationships and spiritual development. Faith in Christ and a caring community are the cornerstones of Eagle Ranch.
Take the first step and send your resume and cover letter to Andy Nelson at email@example.com. Subject Line: Program Assistant.
For more information, visit EagleRanch.org/employment
Missouri United Methodist Church, a growing and faithful congregation in downtown Columbia, MO is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry to lead and give direction for ministries to children from birth through 5th grade, as well as their families.
The Director is responsible for the leadership and direction of a well-rounded, relational program for children, birth through fifth grade, and their families. The goal of the ministry is to share with children in the church and community the gospel of Christ by teaching them they are loved by God, disciples of Christ, and called by God to have the heart and hands of a servant. The Director of Children’s Ministry position supports parents and guardians in their role as spiritual mentors in the home.
ABOUT MISSOURI UMC
With an average worship attendance of around 600 people, Missouri is a dynamic congregation located in Columbia’s District. This downtown church is across the street from the University of Missouri-Columbia and in walking distance to two other colleges. Our mission is to “connect all people to Jesus Christ.”
In addition to a continuing tradition of outstanding worship, Missouri has many other exciting ministries seeking to meet the needs of a diverse college town, young families, growing community of families with children who have exceptional needs, new modern worship, and an expanding ability to connect and communicate digitally and through social media.
The ideal candidate will:
Exemplify a contagious enthusiasm for Christ and children.
Be mission minded
Embrace a commitment for long-term planning and implementation of Missouri’s children’s ministry.
Function with creative problem solving and community building as part of a team in the wider circle of ministry (staff and servant leaders both paid and unpaid).
Coordinate and mentor volunteers to implement all aspects of the ministry.
Be dedicated to supporting families by providing high-quality care and safety for children.
Have a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in working with children.
Responsibilities and Duties
Provide leadership and oversight of the spiritual formation of children so that their faith is part of their daily lives.
Plan, implement and evaluate ministry areas including Sunday School, Children’s Worship, Vacation Bible School, Camp and other seasonal activities.
Use creativity to improve and/or create new ministry areas
Equip lay leadership, including parents and servant leaders.
The Children’s Director is part of the Discipleship Team, which also includes the Youth Director and College Age Director and is led by the Pastor of Discipleship. This is a non-clergy position with full benefits.