Lead Student Pastor (Oversight of College, High School, Middle School Staff & Ministries)
Weekly Attendance: 2,800
Named as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest-growing churches in 2018-2019, Immanuel is passionate about engaging the community in its mission to lead people to Jesus and equip disciples in their faith.
Since its birth in 1909, Immanuel, a multi-generational body of Jesus followers, has been known for its commitment in building strong community inside and outside the walls of the church while providing a warm and welcoming environment to encounter and worship God, and an unwavering commitment to teaching the truth found in God’s Word. As a church, Immanuel is committed to ministering to the entire family, and in all our ministries, communicating Jesus Christ is the answer to our deepest needs.
Sundays at Immanuel are an exciting time of engaging worship and practical, biblical teaching aimed to point our hearts and minds to Jesus. Immanuel also provides opportunities on Sundays to grow in our love for God through small groups at every age and stage of life.
Immanuel’s impact increases throughout the week as the property serves as a preschool and elementary campus for Lexington Christian Academy, and is home to a fully supported Recreation Outreach Center providing thousands of members with cardio and strength conditioning facilities, two basketball courts, and group fitness classes.
Immanuel also has outstanding space for weekly student worship with breakout rooms and areas for recreation, discipleship, and community. Having recently grown to two campuses within the city, Immanuel is excited for the opportunity to expand the reach of the Gospel beyond Lexington with new campuses launching within the bluegrass region in 2021 and beyond.
LEAD STUDENT PASTOR CANDIDATE:
Immanuel is seeking a highly motivated follower of Christ to serve as Lead Student Pastor. As a natural visionary and implementer of ideas and processes, the candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the authority to make autonomous decisions to further the goals laid out by the executive leadership team. Immanuel is fully committed to building one of the strongest student ministries in Central Kentucky. That commitment comes in the form of resources, facilities, personnel, and dedication to building partnerships with local middle and high schools.
If coming from a church staff, the candidate must be someone who has been in a church of 1,500+ average weekend attendees. The ideal candidate will have four years or more experience in full-time ministry, experience leading volunteer teams effectively, a passion for the church’s vision, people, and serving the Kingdom. This leader needs to be committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of the student ministry. This is a great opportunity for a person who is spurred on by challenges and ready to build a ministry from the ground up with the full support of the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership.
Preferred candidates include a seminary degree, experience in managing staff and volunteer teams, experiencing in planning and executing summer camps, and experience partnering with local middle school and high schools. Experience leading student ministry in regards to multi-site campuses is a plus as well as experience leading college/university ministry.
Has a mature and growing walk with Christ.
Has a passion to lead students to Jesus and equip disciples.
Invests in personal growth and fosters this growth within his family unit.
Values the leadership and staff culture of the church.
Fully embraces the vision, mission, and theology of Immanuel Baptist Church.
Has a proven track record of discipling students.
Has a strong gift of leadership.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Health insurance with supplemented premiums
Retirement plan match
Life insurance 2x salary
Paid sick time
Continuing education stipend
Family membership to Recreation Outreach Center
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO TAKE NEXT STEPS TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO: https://ibclex.com/jobs
Madison United Methodist Church
Director of Family and Youth Ministries
The Director of Family and Youth Ministries helps youth, young adults, and families accomplish the mission of the church through community outreach, education, worship, discipleship, and mission activities. He/she also works with the vision of the church to develop and grow the contemporary worship service.
Description and Responsibilities
Youth, Young Adult, Family – 50%
Lead and develop the youth program with the help of servant leaders on the youth team. This program will encompass a broad range of experience and education to enable disciples of Christ, and to develop spiritual foundation in the lives of our youth.
Educational curriculum should reflect the biblical and theological integrity of the denomination, and be relevant in the lives of our youth.
Youth fellowship activities should be structured to bring Christian faith into their daily lives, be a safe and supportive environment, creating a place where questions of faith and identity can be explored.
Regular service and worship activities should be incorporated into the program to reinforce the importance of these elements in our witness.
Participate in leading the confirmation program with the Lead Pastor. Teaching, communicating with youth and parents, and guiding the program for Madison UMC.
Develop and lead and appropriate number of student and family ministry and outreach programs
Plan travel for the youth, adult, and family ministries. This includes mission trips, trips to the Dakotas Conference Youth events, and other activities.
Develop personal relationships with Madison community, the Madison UMC and members of the faith community, and their families.
Mentor students and youth within the program to be participants in the life of the Madison UMC and the greater community.
Recruit, develop, and train servant leaders.
Develop and complete regular newsletter and other social media, website, and written communication for students, young adults, and families.
Contemporary Worship Service – 50%
Assist the Lead Pastor in development of this service and other areas as needed.
Work with outreach to encourage visitors and engage new people within the life of the church.
Work with a team of church leaders to coordinate and implement the development of the contemporary service.
Utilize the tools and techniques of church growth, focusing primarily on the Madison community, the unchurched, and those who may no longer attend.
Responsible for management of church social media, and coordination and monitoring of those posting, the platforms utilized and pages the church establishes and uses for official communication
Other duties as assigned
Gifts and Talents preferred: Self-starting, Energetic Leader, Collegial Team Player, Passion about ministry (especially youth and family), Organizational and Process Management, Teaching, Hospitality, Creativity, Communication Skills, Listening Skills, willingness to learn.
Resources and Training provided: Ongoing continuing education and annual safe sanctuaries training.
To apply and for information:
Send letter and resume to: email@example.com
Madison United Methodist Church
304 North Egan
Madison, SD 57042
Known in this western Montana college mountain town for the fly-fishing family Maclean of A River Runs Through It fame,First Presbyterian Church of Missoula is today a growing, Christ-centered community of children, youth and adults called to surprise Missoula with Christ’s astonishing love. That means deepening our roots in the truth and mercy of Jesus, growing together in the joy of inter-generational relationships, and bearing tangible witness to our hope through showing up to serve our city. As our culture changes rapidly around us, we’re also committed to knowing our neighbors and ever adapting our way of being church better to speak the language of good news. As we seek to be faithful, winsome disciples, we’re grateful to partner with the Missoula Interfaith Collaborative (helping to build a new facility to house homeless families) and with Whitworth University (helping to build an onramp to Christian spirituality, community, and mission in Missoula).
The Director of Children, Youth, & Family Ministry will lead a Christ-centered, Bible-based intergenerational ministry to children, middle and high school youth and their families on behalf of maturing disciples of Jesus Christ to surprise Missoula with Christ’s astonishing love. The Director will partner with the Pastor and the Session’s Forming Team to envision, develop, implement and resource ministries related to the belonging, spiritual forming, and sending of children, youth, adults and families while holding broad ministry responsibilities (and connecting various ministries) for the faithful growth and winsome witness of the whole church family. Reports to the Pastor, Head of Staff.
Position is fulltime, salary dependent on experience. Benefits include: health insurance; optional dental coverage; flexible spending account; accrual of paid time off and emergency medical leave; study leave; designated holidays; & optional participation in a 403b retirement savings plan.
· Oversee Christ-centered ministries to children from birth to 5th grade and their families
· Invest in the 4th and 5th grade ministry (Grow) through monthly gatherings and special events, helping to support the leaders of Grow
· Support and develop leadership for youngest children participating in Generation to Generation (a creative intergenerational Sunday experience of Christian community, formation, and sending)
Middle School and High School Youth
· Direct comprehensive Christ-centered ministries to middle and high school students, and their families
· Develop personal relationships with middle and high school students, providing them with spiritual nurture and pastoral care and support
· Organize and facilitate weekly middle and high school group meetings:
o Organize Bible studies and facilitate topical discussions
o Facilitate recreation, community-building activities, prayer, and worship leadership in partnership with student leadership and adult mentor teams
· Organize and facilitate fall and winter retreats, summer mission/adventure trips, and occasional special events, including fundraising for mission
Children & Youth Leaders
· Develop personal relationships with adult mentor team(s); recruiting, nurturing, training, and encouraging them to minister relationally with students
· Draw leaders together in regular meetings for Christian growth, Christian community, and Christian ministry leadership training
· Grow parent involvement, and minister to parents through intergenerational ministry
· Support the participation and leadership of children, youth and families in worship
· Be responsible for one out of two Kids’ on the Steps
· Preach 4-6 times a year
· Coordinate Christmas Eve Family Worship Service with Worship Staff
· Oversee supplies/worship aides for children
· Integrate children and youth into the worship, mission, and life of the larger church and rally the church around them for relationships that matter for the gospel
· Support the formation of the Generation to Generation (G2G) community
· Collaborate in pastoral care
· Help coordinate all-church event planning with Program Support & Belonging Team
· Serve as Sunday morning ‘host’ and knowledgeable, pastoral presence
· Provide regular communication to children, youth and families, the church body, and staff regarding ministries and programs for which you are responsible
· Collaborate in making Sunday morning announcements/invitations
· Serve as pastoral presence when Pastor is away
Qualifications of Resident Worship Director
• Deep and abiding love for Jesus Christ and a joy to encourage faith in others
• Passion, relational energy, and creativity to pursue relationship with students, mentors, and families in service to an intergenerational congregation
• Knowledge of and insight into Scripture, and ability to teach and apply it to everyday life
• Education/prior experience in the leadership of children, youth and family ministry
• Can-do, team-player attitude with an ability to laugh at one’s self and with others
• Administrative skills for effective ministry: organization, attentiveness to detail, ability to plan ahead yet be flexible to change
• Clear verbal and written communication
• Comfort using electronic communication (phone, e-mail, text). Comfort with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, musical notation and projection software
• Passage of background check. Completion of Abuse Prevention And Response Team training
Please send a resumé, a letter articulating your interest and experience, and 3 references to Jo Ruby at firstname.lastname@example.org or First Presbyterian Church, 235 S Fifth St W, Missoula, MT 59801
Job Announcement for Director of Children and Youth Ministries at Keystone United Methodist Church, Keystone Heights, FL
Keystone United Methodist Church (KUMC) in Keystone Heights, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to serve as an integral part of the church’s staff team. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries serves children, youth, and their families in the church and community through developing, implementing, administering, and growing ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs.
The salary is competitive, commensurate with training and experience, and benefits include a monthly health benefit stipend and paid leave for: vacation leave; Holiday leave; and continuing education.
A cover letter describing your interest in the position and a statement of your personal faith
A résumé including contact information for three professional references and your employment history in church ministry for children and youth ministry positions
Send application materials by mail or email to:
Rev. Jeff Tate, Lead Pastor
Keystone United Methodist Church
4004 SR 21 SE
Keystone Heights, FL 32656
Church Phone: (352) 473-3829
Position available: Immediately
Deadline for applications: Application period is open until the position is filled.
Are you a visionary with great leadership skills? Libertyville Covenant Church in Libertyville, IL is seeking a dedicated team player to lead our children’s ministry. This is a part-time (30 hours) position that oversees our Sunday morning and Wednesday evening children’s programs. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy for children’s ministry who can train and develop volunteers, facilitate small group teaching and create fun and biblical children’s programs. Must be an excellent team player with great communication skills.
Libertyville Covenant Church is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. You can visit our denomination website here: https://covchurch.org
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ; commitment to prayer / ongoing spiritual formation.
2. Supports and agrees to the LCC, Central Conference, and Evangelical Covenant Church statement of faith and mission.
3. Desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
4. Demonstrate and develop deep and meaningful relationships with children and families.
5. Demonstrate ability to be firm and gentle simultaneously, particularly in areas of discipline.
6. Will become an active member of LCC.
7. Experience in Christian Ministries with children.
8. Excellent relationship-building skills with parents and lay volunteers
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to recruit, supervise, motivate, train, and organize lay volunteers
11. Ability to initiate tasks and follow through on details on a self-monitored basis.
12. Ability (and desire) to work as a deeply collaborative team member with staff, lay volunteers, and the church body as a whole.
13. Ability to vision and implement needed resources to meet the needs of children and families. 14. Preferred education/degree in Education, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
1. Ultimately responsible to the Christian Education and Discipleship (CED) leadership team and to the Church Council.
2. Direct report to the Associate Pastor to Youth, as we seek to strengthen the continuum of ministry from Nursery -> Children’s Ministry -> Youth Ministry
3. Active participation in LCC staff meetings and CED leadership team meetings.
4. Meet with Mutual Ministries team on a regular basis for encouragement and accountability.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Responsible for the leadership, visioning, oversight, and support of LCC Nursery & Children’s ministries including Sunday School, Wednesday night Kids Club, Children’s Church, and occasional retreats / special events. Nursery leadership is expected to consist of oversight & planning, with separate funds available to pay stipends to qualified Nursery workers, if required.
2. Recruitment, scheduling, training, coordination and monitoring of volunteers.
3. In partnership with the CED leadership team, selecting curriculum for all children’s ministries in alignment with the overall LCC ministry vision. Each year we designate an annual theme upon which we align mission activities. 2019/2020 is the year of Discipleship.
4. Develop and communicate the Children’s Ministries calendar.
5. Empowered to lead, with an expectation of active collaboration with CED and Pastoral staff – developing future visioning for Nursery & Children’s Ministry in alignment with Youth Ministry and the broader congregation. We desire to see Children fully participate in all aspects of the life and ministry of LCC.
6. Monitor, coordinate and acquire all required classroom materials; organize clean-up process / systems for all Children’s Ministry areas.
7. Encourage, assist and pray for children’s ministry volunteers. CED will oversee the LCC Safety Policy (i.e. updating, setting up and facilitating training sessions for all volunteers)
8. Create and effectively manage ministry within an established budget.
9. Communicate consistently to parents and the church through announcements, newsletter and website.
10. Collaborate with LCC staff and CED to develop resources and tools to give parents both opportunities and support to be spiritual leaders at church and at home.
11. Monitor that all LCC Safety Policies are implemented and adhered to for all Nursery & Children’s ministries and volunteers.
SALARY: Hourly rate, commensurate with experience, approximately 30 hours per week. Letters of interest / CVs can be submitted to email@example.com
Pastor of Student and Family Ministries
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries at Prairie Hills Covenant Church will direct and oversee the discipleship ministries for children, youth and families. This person must have a passion to see spiritual transformation. This person, with God’s leading and the congregation’s support, will provide a well–balanced, biblically-based program that will seek to share Christ to those who do not have a personal relationship with Him and to help those who are Christians mature in Christ and discover the personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them. The one word that describes the duties of the Pastor of Student and Family Ministries is the word “discipleship”.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be growing spiritually with sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading and committed to the authority of Scripture.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries will have an unreserved commitment to the mission, vision and values of Prairie Hills Covenant Church and agreement with the Evangelical Covenant Church Affirmations.
Develop, promote, coordinate, oversee and lead a comprehensive program of activities and discipleship ministry to high school and middle school youth and their families including, but not limited to weekend services, weeknight programs, special events and summer events
Oversee and source children’s ministry
Develop, train and equip leaders to do the work of ministry discipleship
Recruit, train and evaluate volunteers
Provide spiritual direction and pastoral care for children, youth and families
Oversee and administrate assigned budget in conjunction with other ministry leaders
Ensure facilities, supplies and equipment for children, youth and family ministries are safe, welcoming, and age-appropriate
Oversee record keeping, including but not limited to safety, attendance and screening/background checks of volunteers and staff
Participate in worship leading (preaching, prayer, sacraments, music) as requested or as gifts apply
Serve as a resource person and advocate for children, youth and families in the community
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Strengths and Skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong people connection skills
Team builder and player
Positive chemistry with staff and church leaders
Able to keep confidences of the congregation and staff
Knowledgeable of current youth culture
Proficient with popular social media and new technology
Able to assist with conflict resolution
BA degree (education, ministry, counseling or child/adolescent and family development preferred)
Preferred seminary degree (in process acceptable)
Licensed or on track to be licensed as a Pastor in the Evangelical Covenant Church
At least one, three or more preferred, years of youth ministry experience with:
Demonstrated knowledge and history of working with children, youth and families
Proven abilities in leading and managing teams
Prairie Hills Covenant Church Council
Evangelical Covenant Church: Northwest Conference
Non-traditional hours to be expected
Length of Ministry:
After 90 day probationary period, will be reviewed by pastoral relations committee
Duration of ministry is indefinite and can be ended by either party
Compensation levels and benefits are set by the Church Council and discussed on an individual basis
The Director of Family Ministries will help the congregation fulfill its mission through discipleship ministries for our youth (1st grade to 12th grade).
· Developing a strong, forgiving, loving community of Christ-centered believers.
· Emphasizing the importance of the Word of God in our lives.
· Developing supportive relationships with our youth and providing them with the spiritual encouragement they need to come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior
· Prayer as a priority
· Ministering to one another and reaching the lost.
What We Are Looking For in Faith and Personal Life of Our Youth Pastor
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. A commitment to faith in one God as revealed in the Bible as Father, Son, Holy Spirit and as expressed in the Bible.
3. A commitment to and a study of the Bible as the written Word of God.
4. A commitment to a personal devotional and prayer life.
5. A calling to the ministry as a youth and children’s minister
A minimum of an Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or 3 years of equivalent experience
1. Demonstrated organization, leadership, management and directing skills.
2. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including computer literacy and familiarity with various forms of social media.
3. Demonstrated ability to solicit, obtain, and train volunteers.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with pastor, staff, leaders, volunteers, and congregation and to work with all age groups, particularly youth, and children.
REQUEST FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Plan, lead or coordinate regular gatherings of youth: weekly mid-week meetings (for middle & high school) of fun, worship, teaching & inter-personal sharing; Sunday morning study classes; Sunday evening gatherings; and one-on-one relationships outside of programmed activities.
Plan and coordinate special avenues for growth, renewal and service through retreats, camps, mission trips and fundraising events, as well as local opportunities to serve in the church and community.
Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and (potentially) paid part-time interns and/or staff.
Assist in worship as part of the worship leadership team rotation and preach occasionally.
This is a newly developed position that grows out of what has been our College & Youth Ministries position, designed for someone who is called to work with young people in order to raise up the next generation of church leaders. The vision is that this position is primarily focused on youth (High School and Middle School), but with the intention that it will increasingly involve ministry to families as a natural extension of working with youth. The Assistant Pastor would be a vital, creative presence in helping to formulate and implement the missional vision of reaching youth and families in our community.
Additionally, the Assistant Pastor would be involved in leading worship, with opportunities to preach multiple times a year.
Family health insurance negotiable.
As part of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, provide oversight, plan, develop, organize, administer and evaluate Children’s Ministries involving children birth through grade six at Knox Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor. The person in this position should view the role as part of the overall formation of the church family. Full-time is preferred. We are willing to consider an initial, interim period that is part-time. Follow this link for details and to apply.
This job involves many of the duties of a Children’s Director, but also has a “pastoral understanding” of ministering to the children as well as their families. Children’s ministry at Glendora Community Church involves supervision of the crib to the 5th grade. This is a small ministry now, and leadership and team-building will be important skills to grow this ministry with attractional programming, with “sticky-faith” intergenerational participation, and with outreach into the surrounding communities and schools.
Glendora is a suburb of Los Angeles, nestled against the San Gabriel mountains about 15 miles west of Pasadena, California. The school systems in Glendora are highly rated, and the community is very educationally oriented. Azusa Pacific University and Citrus college are located within 2 miles of the church campus.