COLLIERVILLE UMC is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Lead, equip and empower the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of The United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff ministry partner to assigned task teams and committees.
10. Prepare budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 5-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR
MT. ZION CHURCH – XENIA, OH
The Family Ministries Pastor will help fulfill Mt. Zion Church’s motto, which is to: Share Jesus, Grow Disciples and Serve Others. He will accomplish this by leading our Youth & Children’s Ministries with Christlikeness and excellence. He will use his creativity and leadership skills to help us effectively reach out to families in our community.
1. A man with a vibrant, growing walk with Jesus, who highly values God’s Word, senses the call to pastoral ministry, and meets the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
2. A humble, teachable spirit who is willing to consider others’ viewpoints.
3. Passionate about helping youth & children become fully-devoted Christ followers, and about coming alongside parents as they fulfill their God-given role in the home.
4. If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his wife and/or children.
5. Able to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Mt. Zion Church.
6. A self-motivated leader who can build teams by recruiting & developing volunteers and communicating ministry vision to others.
7. An energetic team player with strong people skills across all ages.
8. Able to relate to teens and mentor them to spiritual maturity using solid Biblical counsel.
9. A creative and organized person with good communication and leadership skills.
10. A college degree with relevant training (Youth and/or Children’s Ministry, Christian Education, or Bible) and two years of relevant experience is preferred.
YOUTH MINISTRIES (approx. 40%)
1. Plan, prepare, and execute all weekly student events (Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights), with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit and train adult volunteer staff to guide, lead, and supervise the students.
3. Identify, organize and lead activities for outreach, service, fellowship, and worship (retreats, mission trips, etc.).
4. Recruit and disciple qualified students for leadership training.
5. Connect with students throughout the week (texting, social media, attend youth events, etc.) and regularly communicate with parents, seeking ways to equip them for their roles.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES (approx. 30%)
1. With the help of volunteers, oversee and develop Children’s Ministry weekly programs (Sunday morning classes, nursery, Awana) with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit, guide, and equip Children’s Ministry volunteer leaders, casting vision and providing direction to facilitate spiritual growth of children and equipping of their parents.
3. Coordinate and plan occasional staff development for volunteers.
4. Working with volunteer leaders, assist in identifying and planning seasonal ministry events like VBS.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (approx. 20%)
1. Attend weekly staff meetings; regularly communicate with the Senior Pastor.
2. Actively participate in Sunday morning worship services (musical and/or singing ability, with an interest in joining the church Praise team, would be a plus!)
3. Act as an advocate for family ministry, and facilitate good communication between ministry coordinators/volunteers, students, parents, church family, staff, and church leadership.
4. Oversee curriculum selection and evaluation, ensuring use of Biblically solid and age-appropriate materials. Provide cohesive curriculum with a vision for comprehensive discipleship of youth/children and their families.
5. Oversee administration of the “Reducing the Risk” Youth/Child Protection Plan, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with youth and children.
6. Recommend annual budget for Youth & Children’s Ministries, and oversee all spending within these budgets.
7. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment for Youth & Children’s Ministries.
8. Prepare monthly ministry activity reports for church Governing Board.
OTHER PASTORAL DUTIES (approx. 10%)
1. May be asked to preach occasionally, as well as other pastoral responsibilities as requested (visitation, attending church-wide events, etc.).
2. Be willing to serve as a Mt. Zion Church Elder, helping provide spiritual oversight of the church and assisting in planning church-wide ministry activities.
The Family Ministries Pastor shall work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
If interested, please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator, Christ Lutheran Church, 2350 44th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49519
Christ Lutheran Church is seeking to hire a Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator who desires to encourage, inspire, and nurture the faith formation of children, teens, and adults in our church community which includes being the Senior High Youth leader. We seek an energetic and confident person to build upon established programs using their own creativity, interests, and expertise. This position requires the individual to invite, equip, and encourage a team of volunteers to carry out the programs offered The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate and work effectively with staff and church members, and support the ELCA’s mission and vision. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
A complete job description can be located on our church website, clcwyoming.org .
The purpose of the Director of Family Ministries at Bayside Baptist Church is to draw our church community closer together so that we can draw closer to God through the spiritual development of families, youth and children as ambassadors of Jesus Christ. This is a full-time, salaried position. Days and hours of work will be flexible and determined by supervisor(s). The Director of Family Ministries will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Director of Youth and Family Ministry Job Description
St James Episcopal Church in Hendersonville, NC is searching for a Director of Youth and Family Ministry who will, primarily, lead and love our youth into a relationship with Jesus. Additionally, this person will be the leader of faith formation activities at the church for adults, youth, and children. He or she must be an enthusiastic leader who thrives and enjoys working with children and youth. At the same time, this leader must have the creativity and intellect to organize adult formation programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and nurture the Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) Program
· Oversee Sunday Christian Formation Programs
o Adult Formation
o Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (age 4 – grade 2) (Support)
o Sunday School (grades 3-5) (Support)
o Youth Hang Out (grades 5-12)
· Recruit and train volunteers to assist with programs
· Acolyte Master:Training and scheduling
· Lead/Teach Youth Confirmation Classes, 9Th grade and up
· Coordinate the Nursery Program
· Coordinate with the Assistant Rector and the School Director St James School For Little Folks Thursday Chapel
· Organize Yearly Youth Mission Trip(s)
o Fund-raising knowledge and proven ability to raise funds for mission trips
· Vacation Bible School (Point person for St. James—this is a interdenominational event held at a Presbyterian church)
· Math Tutoring Program (Support)
· Youth Conferences and Diocesan Events
· Camp Henry Scholarship Program
· Other duties as they crop up, because we never quite know what might happen
· A person who loves and follows Jesus and desires to share that relationship.
· An Episcopalian is preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Experienced (3-5 years) in both supervising and counseling youth of all ages in a Christian Formation setting, e.g. youth ministry, Christian educator, or camp counselor.
· A religious education background for all ages would be helpful
· Understanding/support of youth who are troubled or have disabilities
· Fluency in Spanish is a plus
· Ability to play a musical instrument would be ideal
· Ability to teach and lead our youth and families into greater faith in and love of God.
· Faith based life experiences and education,
· Demonstrated organizational and implementation skills
· Demonstrated ability to teach about, organize, and implement mission trips
· Able to lead worship with youth
· Demonstrated ability to teach the Bible
· Ability to communicate with youth, parents, and when necessary, the parish at large using all available tools, e.g. Social Media, computer programs, website, etc.
Qualities we seek:
· Love of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
· Strong Christian faith and grounded in that faith
· Loves young people and working with them;
· Dedicated to the Episcopal church;
· Possess a visible and authentic spirituality;
· Energetic, enthusiastic, encouraging, passionate, dedicated, caring, patient, mature; compassionate, outgoing, fun, respectful, flexible, open-minded, non-judgmental
· Able to relate to our youth, their needs, and to their parents/guardians;
· A good speaker
· A guiding presence
· The ability to plan, organize, and implement a task to the end;
· Open minded to all, regardless of race, gender, or sexuality;
· Community minded as well as having international outreach interest or experience
· A good listener and communicator with all age levels;
· Enjoys trying new ideas as well as continuing past successful programs
Send résumé to email@example.com
We are so excited to add to our Family Ministry Team at Browncroft Community Church!
The Student Director serves to lead and direct all aspects of the Emerge middle school and Elevate high school environments for students in 6th – 12th grades. Responsible for the weekly programs to ensure that every student has the best large group experience and small group leaders are setup for success. In addition, responsible for student retreats and special events for students to help them own and grow in their faith.
- Primary teaching pastor for the student environment with responsibility to deliver and/or oversee all large group messages delivered to students.
- Serves as the production manager for the student large group environments by managing and directing volunteer teams (Worship, AV, Teaching and Set Design) to deliver excellent weekly programs and special events.
- Guide and direct Worship Team to create an excellent weekly worship experience for students.
- Consistently evaluates and improves student environment to improve quality and effectiveness of the program by benchmarking against other large church ministries.
- Responsible for identifying and achieving the “memorable experience” desired for events.
Partnership and Execution
- Assist in the development and execution of the Browncroft Family Map by serving as the phase specialist for 6th- 12th grade students, focusing on key milestones and critical transitions.
- Provide counseling and spiritual guidance to students, parents and volunteers to include group gatherings and regular individual contact for the purpose of listening, teaching, mentoring and encouraging.
- Active in the Rochester community and consistent presence at local middle and high schools.
- Owns the curriculum development process and preparation for large and small group programs.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of curriculum with Family Ministry vision.
- Works closely with Small Group Associate Director to ensure small group leaders are prepared and equipped to engage in meaningful discussion with students following large group.
- Provides consistent opportunities for students to live out their faith through service, including Flower City Work Camp and mission trips.
- Integrate students into all aspects of the church and shepherd their transition from ‘youth group” to intergenerational worship prior to graduation.
- Mediates and resolves conflicts to challenges that may arise within area of responsibility.
- Assist in the development and management of the student budget.
- Own their own personal and professional development by spending time on their relationship with Jesus and staying current with trends and methods by through continuous learning and connecting with other leaders.
- Attends BCC staff meetings as required
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Browncroft Employee Handbook.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related area of study or ministry preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in Youth Ministry large group production preferred.
- Mature Christian with growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Excellent large group communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent in technologies required to meet job requirements
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Rhonda Sangster at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/20/19.
The children, youth, and family director is the provides ministry and oversees all activities in the church regarding children (birth – 5th grade), youth (6th -12th grade), and their families. This person coordinates all related events, services, and Christian formation classes. We are a spiritually vibrant and growing community that warmly embraces people of all spiritual dispositions, cultural attitudes and lifestyles.
Position: Reports to the Rector; three-quarter time anticipated initially with full benefits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience ● Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED.) ● Plus three or more years of work experience that transfer well to position as described.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. He or she must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of all ages and enjoy working with children and youth. The children, youth, family director must be extremely well-organized and have a high energy level with a proven results-oriented work ethic. He or she must be able to promote the program, communicate to the parish and recruit/manage volunteers. This person must be able to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. He or she must also be a baptized Christian and hold values consistent with the doctrine of the Episcopal Church.
Essential Duties ● Is present for Sunday morning children and youth formation. ● Recommends and oversees curricula, and ensures resources are available in classrooms. ● Recruits, leads, trains, and supports children and youth volunteers with help of children’s minister.
● Supervises one paid nursery employee, and recruits and schedules other nursery volunteers. ● Supervises Children’s Minister. ● Plans, coordinates and supervises regular youth events. ● Plans, coordinates and helps run confirmation classes and all confirmation responsibilities in partnership with the rector. ● Plans, coordinates, and runs special child/youth events for the parish. including, but not limited to, Vacation Bible School and the Christmas pageant ● Establishes personal relationships with the youth and their parents. ● Maintains regular contact with families, including creating a monthly newsletter and welcome letter for new families. ● Maintains a children and youth ministry calendar in conjunction with parish calendar. ● Maintains the children and youth ministry budget. ● Facilitates communication among team leaders, parish, congregation and diocese to include weekly announcements. ● Informs the rector of pastoral needs of any children and youth and, as appropriate, family. ● Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed. Communicates meeting notes to team. ● Meets with Charlotte Convocation youth leaders as frequently as monthly. ● Engages children and youth in various music related programs, in conjunction with the director of music ministry. ● Encourages youth participation and leadership in diocesan events. ● Recruits child/youth acolytes. ● Coordinates training of volunteers and ensure a safe church environment at all times. ● Adheres to a high level of confidentiality with information disclosed by clergy, staff, ministry volunteers, and parishioners. ● Works with the administrative assistant to keep current roster of all children and youth in parish. ● Coordinates childcare for various committees and church functions.
Park Road Presbyterian Church is in an extremely unique season of mission and ministry, and is seeking an Assistant Pastor with the appropriate calling and gifting to join our pastoral team for this unprecedented opportunity.
Easter 2019 was our first official Sunday in a brand new building; our new location and new facilities uniquely position us to engage young families and students with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we are eager to see our church family revitalized through this endeavor.
The Assistant Pastor for Student and Family Outreach is charged with providing leadership in ministry to Middle School & High School students and their families, further developing Park Road’s reach into the community.
The right candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry or other related field, and is preferably seminary trained; previous experience is preferred. The position requires strong organizational, communication, and relational skills.
The Assistant Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor, developing and implementing a unified vision for outreach and ministry to students and their families. Other duties may be included in the job description as gifting and capacity allow, such
as preaching, counseling, and specific ministry oversight, including missions, discipleship, and outreach.
To learn more about Park Road Church, to obtain a detailed job description, and for more information on how to apply, please visit www.parkroadchurch.com/about/hiring
Blue Oaks Church was planted in 2012 with the mission and purpose of leading those in their community into Christ-centered living. Wherever people may be in their spiritual journey, the heart of this church is to see you experience the power of God’s love and grace, to grow in your faith through communities of small groups and to use your God-given skills and passions to meet the real needs of the people in the Tri-Valley and across the world.
Since those simple beginnings in 2012 the Lord has blessed the ministry of Blue Oaks in every way to a growing community of over 600. It is the goal of the the staff to create an irresistible environment for churched and unchurched people alike where they love attending and feel welcomed as they are. It’s in this spirit that Blue Oaks strives to create a strong sense of belonging and purpose within those who attend.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle school and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director wins when the ministry engages the next generation so they grow deeper maturity in Christ and when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them and influencing them with the message of God’s story.
The Student Ministry Director is a part of our Family Ministry team which is responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Family Ministry Director and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Lead the team of volunteers that are part of the Student Ministry team.
- Create engaging experiences for teens that move forward the mission and vision of Blue Oaks.
- Develop a culture that promotes and provides for a personal connection for every student to one or more leaders.
- Resource speakers and Large Group leaders to craft the message of Jesus into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for teens.
- Resource Small Group Leaders to create safe environments for teens to find community and grow spiritually.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Ensure that physical spaces are setup and utilized well to accomplish our mission.
- Act as Team Leader of the weekly Student Ministry environments.
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading occasional Family ministry-specific events.
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Leader of Leaders – Able to develop and lead volunteer teams who in turn lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized – Able to troubleshoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Highly Relational – Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Creative and Resourceful – Able to make content and physical spaces come to life.
- Team Player – Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.
If interested, please send a resume to Nancy McMillin (email@example.com) and complete the online application.