Hope City Church is looking for a leader who is excited about reaching students and engaging families here in Sarasota, Florida. We are a church that is #FORtheNextGeneration. And we are hiring a Youth Pastor that will help lead our student ministry to love, care, and serve students & their friends.
Hope City Youth Mission: Partner with parents to help students develop a faith that engages!
Big Win: Create an environment that reproduces servant leaders who encourage and celebrate the spiritual growth of students in partnership with their parents.
● Ability to lead teams effectively
● Passion for the Church, Hope City’s vision, students, and serving others
● Committed to the well-being and success of Hope City Students
● Organized, driven, practical and goal-oriented leadership
● Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
● Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
● Professional representation of Hope City and the Lord in all things
If this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Head over to www.HopeCitySRQ.com/youthstaff and check out the video for more info, and then email Robyn@hopecitysrq.com with your resume & cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Covenant Bible Fellowship is a small church plant of the Bible Fellowship Church in Naples FL. We are looking for a young man that would like to partner with us as we develop a ministry at CBF for youth and children. There will be a base grant offered. However, there will also be the possibility to raise additional support through our denomination. The Bible Fellowship Church is an historic denomination with roots going back to the mid-1800’s. We are looking for a candidate that would be like-minded in his understanding of Reformed Theology. We hold to the Doctrines of Grace and would want you to as well. This internship would be a minimum of 15 hrs a week and no more than 20. Your initial commitment would be six months with an option to move on staff upon evaluation and reaching goals. If you are interested let’s have a conversation. Please send us your resume and a cover letter if interested. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to call if you are interested. You can reach us at (239) 910-0766.
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $36,000-$45,896
The Associate Director of Family Ministries will work with the Family Ministries Operation Team to provide vision, strategy, and leadership to the families of Noblesville First. The role will focus primarily on Orange Express, the Children’s Ministry of Noblesville First (~75%). The role will take a leadership role in The Vine Student Ministries, the student ministry of Noblesville First (~25%) as well.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, fun, and relationship building
- Identify, train, and coach leaders for the Children’s Ministry
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for children and families
- Organize and execute exceptional summer programming
- Work alone and alongside the Family Ministries Operations Team to develop events and programs for children and their families
- Engage in community outreach with families
- Communicate to families to inform them of current and upcoming events
- Co-lead Wednesday night Youth Group
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Sit on the Student Ministries Advisory Council
- Be willing to consistently work Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as well as other nights/weekends as required
- Attend and/or lead necessary training for Family Ministries staff including, but not limited to, CPR, First Aid, Safe Sanctuaries, Stop the Bleed, ALICE, etc.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget
- Help plan and attend student mission trips
- Maintain a connection with the Preschool Director and Preschool board
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- 3+ years working in ministry to children and/or youth preferred
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- A great team player that is willing to strategize and vision with the Family Ministries Operations Team
- Flexibility – as of now, our Children’s Ministry is not meeting in person. We need someone who can provide an effective online experience as well as in-person.
- Be an effective teacher in-person and on camera
- A genuinely devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart
- A commitment to the mission of Noblesville First and the United Methodist Church
- Has a basic understanding of United Methodist and Wesleyan theology
- Be willing to become a member of Noblesville First United Methodist Church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Flexible hours
- Socially distanced office
- Voting time off
- Ability to work remotely on occasion
- 10 paid company holidays, plus a day off during your Birthday week
- Comp time
- Expense account
- Paid Sabbatical leave (every 7 years)
*Please note – we do not offer medical, dental, or vision benefits
To apply, please submit all of the following documents to Noblesville First at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three references (include name, job title, phone number, and email address)
The principle function of this role is to support Joplin First United Methodist Church’s mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by directing vital ministries for children, youth and their families and by equipping the congregation to serve in hands-on missions.
To plan, develop, and implement programs for all Children and Youth (Birth -12 grade) at Gladeville UMC, and the surrounding community, that encourages them to become disciples of Jesus Christ. It is our goal that each youth and child experiences the love and grace of God, that encourages growth in the practice of faith and understanding of scripture so that they are equipped to be faithful disciples while in school and beyond.
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Must be able to work as a team member with other Gladeville UMC staff.
- Be able to develop teams of congregation members to further Children and Youth Ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Be a person of good integrity.
- Have a good understanding of, and be able to articulate, the teachings of Scripture and Wesleyan tradition.
- A love for serving children and youth and helping them develop their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Have a college degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in youth ministry in a local church, and a good knowledge of youth development.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills as well as organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be at least 23 years of age to comply with our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and Procedures. The person selected must complete Safe Sanctuary Training and Boundaries and Sexual Ethics Training provided by the TN Annual Conference within the first month (courses are available online).
- Pray for the youth of Gladeville UMC, and their families.
- Teach and lead students in Christ-centered spiritual formation and help students to practice Christianity on a daily basis. The Director of Student Ministries will lead a Youth class during our Wednesday night FUEL program, and a Youth program on Sunday evenings.
- Build relationships with the students and their families to understand the individual and collective needs of the children and youth at Gladeville UMC and in the Gladeville community.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of Sunday School teachers for children, youth, and college age (when needed) classes.
- Plan curriculum for bible studies, small groups, and mission projects.
- Work with the Pastor as needed regarding Confirmation.
- Communicate regularly with parents and youth about children/youth ministries at Gladeville UMC through (but not limited to) social media, newsletter, bulletins, calendars, and other appropriate means.
- Ensure that all children and youth programs of Gladeville UMC are conducted in an environment fully compliant with Gladeville UMC Safe Sanctuary Policy & Procedures.
- Lead the Children/Youth MinistryTeams. These teams support the Director of Student Ministries in developing, planning, and implementing children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Prepare annual budgets for children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC for submission to the Finance Committee during the annual budgeting process.
- Secure approval of the Pastor, finance chair and administrative council for any un-budgeted expenditures prior to committing to the purchase.
- Communicate all issues and concerns to the pastor in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or SPRC.
- Attend all Worship Services at Gladeville UMC in which a majority of our children and youth attend.
- Attend all staff-meetings.
- Oversee all children and youth functions/events at Gladeville UMC.
- Meet with the Pastor as requested.
- Be available to parents and youth.
- Drug test and background check are required prior to employment.
HOW THIS POSITION IS EVALUATED:
- This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Senior Pastor, and the SPRC.
- The Director of Student Ministries will receive an semi-annual evaluation from the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- The Pastor may also give feedback as deemed necessary.
- The first year on staff will be a probationary period. The candidate will be provided quarterly reviews during this time, with semi-annual reviews thereafter.
- Salary is $38k – $42k per year
- Vacation Time two weeks during the first year; and three weeks thereafter.