Hope City Church is looking for a leader who is excited about reaching students and engaging families here in Sarasota, Florida. We are a church that is #FORtheNextGeneration. And we are hiring a Youth Pastor that will help lead our student ministry to love, care, and serve students & their friends.
Hope City Youth Mission: Partner with parents to help students develop a faith that engages!
Big Win: Create an environment that reproduces servant leaders who encourage and celebrate the spiritual growth of students in partnership with their parents.
● Ability to lead teams effectively
● Passion for the Church, Hope City’s vision, students, and serving others
● Committed to the well-being and success of Hope City Students
● Organized, driven, practical and goal-oriented leadership
● Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
● Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
● Professional representation of Hope City and the Lord in all things
If this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Head over to www.HopeCitySRQ.com/youthstaff and check out the video for more info, and then email Robyn@hopecitysrq.com with your resume & cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The principle function of this role is to support Joplin First United Methodist Church’s mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by directing vital ministries for children, youth and their families and by equipping the congregation to serve in hands-on missions.
To plan, develop, and implement programs for all Children and Youth (Birth -12 grade) at Gladeville UMC, and the surrounding community, that encourages them to become disciples of Jesus Christ. It is our goal that each youth and child experiences the love and grace of God, that encourages growth in the practice of faith and understanding of scripture so that they are equipped to be faithful disciples while in school and beyond.
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Must be able to work as a team member with other Gladeville UMC staff.
- Be able to develop teams of congregation members to further Children and Youth Ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Be a person of good integrity.
- Have a good understanding of, and be able to articulate, the teachings of Scripture and Wesleyan tradition.
- A love for serving children and youth and helping them develop their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Have a college degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in youth ministry in a local church, and a good knowledge of youth development.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills as well as organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be at least 23 years of age to comply with our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and Procedures. The person selected must complete Safe Sanctuary Training and Boundaries and Sexual Ethics Training provided by the TN Annual Conference within the first month (courses are available online).
- Pray for the youth of Gladeville UMC, and their families.
- Teach and lead students in Christ-centered spiritual formation and help students to practice Christianity on a daily basis. The Director of Student Ministries will lead a Youth class during our Wednesday night FUEL program, and a Youth program on Sunday evenings.
- Build relationships with the students and their families to understand the individual and collective needs of the children and youth at Gladeville UMC and in the Gladeville community.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of Sunday School teachers for children, youth, and college age (when needed) classes.
- Plan curriculum for bible studies, small groups, and mission projects.
- Work with the Pastor as needed regarding Confirmation.
- Communicate regularly with parents and youth about children/youth ministries at Gladeville UMC through (but not limited to) social media, newsletter, bulletins, calendars, and other appropriate means.
- Ensure that all children and youth programs of Gladeville UMC are conducted in an environment fully compliant with Gladeville UMC Safe Sanctuary Policy & Procedures.
- Lead the Children/Youth MinistryTeams. These teams support the Director of Student Ministries in developing, planning, and implementing children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Prepare annual budgets for children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC for submission to the Finance Committee during the annual budgeting process.
- Secure approval of the Pastor, finance chair and administrative council for any un-budgeted expenditures prior to committing to the purchase.
- Communicate all issues and concerns to the pastor in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or SPRC.
- Attend all Worship Services at Gladeville UMC in which a majority of our children and youth attend.
- Attend all staff-meetings.
- Oversee all children and youth functions/events at Gladeville UMC.
- Meet with the Pastor as requested.
- Be available to parents and youth.
- Drug test and background check are required prior to employment.
HOW THIS POSITION IS EVALUATED:
- This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Senior Pastor, and the SPRC.
- The Director of Student Ministries will receive an semi-annual evaluation from the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- The Pastor may also give feedback as deemed necessary.
- The first year on staff will be a probationary period. The candidate will be provided quarterly reviews during this time, with semi-annual reviews thereafter.
- Salary is $38k – $42k per year
- Vacation Time two weeks during the first year; and three weeks thereafter.
Living Waters Covenant Church Worthington, MN
Title: Pastor of Family Ministries and Outreach
The primary role of this position is to direct, coordinate, oversee, and continue to develop the family and outreach ministries of Living Waters Covenant Church. This is a part-time position (with the possibility of growing into a full-time position).
Duties and Responsibilities (Family Ministry):
· Coordinate, lead, and develop family ministries, including Sunday School classes, mid-week ministries, and special events in conjunction with the senior pastors
· Teach a youth Sunday-School class
· Disciple, evangelize, and counsel families, especially by developing and maintaining personal relationships with students
· Disciple, recruit, and equip church members to use their talents in serving the Lord in the family ministries
· Promote family ministry in the community and schools outside the church
Duties and Responsibilities (Outreach Ministry):
· Plan and implement the church’s outreach ministry in conjunction with the senior pastors
· Research, locate, and follow up on potential outreach events, programs, opportunities, and needs within the local community,
· Recruit, train, and disciple church members to serve and lead in the church’s outreach ministries
· Work with the senior pastors for visitor follow-up and contact
Duties and Responsibilities (General Pastoral Ministry):
· As a member of the church’s pastoral team, participate in pastoral duties as directed by the senior pastors.
· Preach and lead worship services as requested by the senior pastors
· Assist with other duties as assigned by the senior pastors
Duties and Responsibilities (Personal):
· Grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer and Bible study
· Be a faithful member of Living Waters Covenant Church according to our membership covenant
· Work toward licensure/ordination within the Evangelical Covenant Church (including agreeing with the Covenant denomination’s Ethical Principles).
· Grow as a pastor through study, conferences, continuing education, etc.
The Pastor of Family Ministries & Outreach reports to the senior pastors and Lead Team for guidance, direction, counsel, and accountability in fulfilling the assigned duties and responsibilities.
· College or Seminary degree is preferred, though not necessarily required
· Send letter of application and Covenant Minister’s profile to Living Waters Covenant Church, 1645 S Shore Dr, Worthington, MN 56187 attn: search team or email@example.com
We are looking for a person who has the capacity to shepherd young people in an Urban setting. Our Youth Pastor was called to another church and so we are praying and looking for someone to come in and shepherd our young people. The character values that we seek are:
1. To walk with God in humility
2. To have the call from God to work with youth
3. To have a deep desire to raise up young men and women getting them ready to be effective disciples of Jesus Christ in all areas of their lives.
4. The candidate should have a growing understanding of Gods Word and be striving to live it out in their life.
5. A typical week would involve both Sunday morning youth Bible study as well as Wednesday night youth meetings in their own wing of the building. Of course there would be follow up on the students that are a regular part of the ministry as well as students that are new and or visiting.
6. In the last few years our Youth have gone on mission trips both to learn and to serve people.
7. We are serious about the gospel and sharing it with the people in our neighborhood and our world
8. We are looking for a person that can grow a ministry
9. There would be opportunity to preach and teach and as it is appropriate take on some additional pastoral duties.
10. You would be walking into a Church that loves people and is willing to serve its pastors with love and affirmation. The senior pastor will strive to out serve and out love the other pastors serving at the Well.
First Christian Church of San Angelo, TX is excited to be posting a minister opening for an Associate Minister of Children and Youth. We are searching for the right person to join our team; together we will envision the day-to-day responsibilities of the Associate Minister after learning more about the gifts and passions of the candidate.
Click HERE for a general outline of the job posting.
We are searching to fulfill a full-time position; however we are open to parenting along someone seeking a seminary education.
We will begin to review applications starting on April 20, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and/or resume on or before April 20, 2020.
All documents can be submitted through Search and Call in Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you or someone you know eager to serve Christ in a powerful way among youth? Perhaps in a new church family and community that would revitalize your spirit? Do you have an inner voice that is asking you where He would like to be in the next ﬁve years? If these questions awaken a dormant part of your soul, you need to be aware that Faith Lutheran Church in Moline, Illinois is excited to nofy you that God has called us to add a Youth Minister to join our ministry team! A person who is hungry to reach out to and grow young people with God’s Word. We are looking for an non-ordained or ordained person who is willing and eager to share our vision of expanding our ministries and carrying on our heritage of doing God’s work.
Position Description To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically based ministry environments. This position will serve as ministry director for students in grades 7-12 and young adults. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families.
Contact: Senior Pastor: Mark Gehrke | 309‐762‐2824 | email@example.com
The Director of Family Ministries will help the congregation fulfill its mission through discipleship ministries for our youth (1st grade to 12th grade).
· Developing a strong, forgiving, loving community of Christ-centered believers.
· Emphasizing the importance of the Word of God in our lives.
· Developing supportive relationships with our youth and providing them with the spiritual encouragement they need to come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior
· Prayer as a priority
· Ministering to one another and reaching the lost.
What We Are Looking For in Faith and Personal Life of Our Youth Pastor
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. A commitment to faith in one God as revealed in the Bible as Father, Son, Holy Spirit and as expressed in the Bible.
3. A commitment to and a study of the Bible as the written Word of God.
4. A commitment to a personal devotional and prayer life.
5. A calling to the ministry as a youth and children’s minister
A minimum of an Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or 3 years of equivalent experience
1. Demonstrated organization, leadership, management and directing skills.
2. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including computer literacy and familiarity with various forms of social media.
3. Demonstrated ability to solicit, obtain, and train volunteers.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with pastor, staff, leaders, volunteers, and congregation and to work with all age groups, particularly youth, and children.
REQUEST FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Bear Creek Community Church is seeking a full-time Youth and Family Pastor. This individual will guide the Student Ministry at BCCC and provide strategic and visionary leadership for ministry to students, children, and families. Bear Creek is a healthy church with a thriving student ministry.
Please see job description and application instructions here.