Lead Student Pastor (Oversight of College, High School, Middle School Staff & Ministries)
Weekly Attendance: 2,800
Named as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest-growing churches in 2018-2019, Immanuel is passionate about engaging the community in its mission to lead people to Jesus and equip disciples in their faith.
Since its birth in 1909, Immanuel, a multi-generational body of Jesus followers, has been known for its commitment in building strong community inside and outside the walls of the church while providing a warm and welcoming environment to encounter and worship God, and an unwavering commitment to teaching the truth found in God’s Word. As a church, Immanuel is committed to ministering to the entire family, and in all our ministries, communicating Jesus Christ is the answer to our deepest needs.
Sundays at Immanuel are an exciting time of engaging worship and practical, biblical teaching aimed to point our hearts and minds to Jesus. Immanuel also provides opportunities on Sundays to grow in our love for God through small groups at every age and stage of life.
Immanuel’s impact increases throughout the week as the property serves as a preschool and elementary campus for Lexington Christian Academy, and is home to a fully supported Recreation Outreach Center providing thousands of members with cardio and strength conditioning facilities, two basketball courts, and group fitness classes.
Immanuel also has outstanding space for weekly student worship with breakout rooms and areas for recreation, discipleship, and community. Having recently grown to two campuses within the city, Immanuel is excited for the opportunity to expand the reach of the Gospel beyond Lexington with new campuses launching within the bluegrass region in 2021 and beyond.
LEAD STUDENT PASTOR CANDIDATE:
Immanuel is seeking a highly motivated follower of Christ to serve as Lead Student Pastor. As a natural visionary and implementer of ideas and processes, the candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the authority to make autonomous decisions to further the goals laid out by the executive leadership team. Immanuel is fully committed to building one of the strongest student ministries in Central Kentucky. That commitment comes in the form of resources, facilities, personnel, and dedication to building partnerships with local middle and high schools.
If coming from a church staff, the candidate must be someone who has been in a church of 1,500+ average weekend attendees. The ideal candidate will have four years or more experience in full-time ministry, experience leading volunteer teams effectively, a passion for the church’s vision, people, and serving the Kingdom. This leader needs to be committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of the student ministry. This is a great opportunity for a person who is spurred on by challenges and ready to build a ministry from the ground up with the full support of the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership.
Preferred candidates include a seminary degree, experience in managing staff and volunteer teams, experiencing in planning and executing summer camps, and experience partnering with local middle school and high schools. Experience leading student ministry in regards to multi-site campuses is a plus as well as experience leading college/university ministry.
Has a mature and growing walk with Christ.
Has a passion to lead students to Jesus and equip disciples.
Invests in personal growth and fosters this growth within his family unit.
Values the leadership and staff culture of the church.
Fully embraces the vision, mission, and theology of Immanuel Baptist Church.
Has a proven track record of discipling students.
Has a strong gift of leadership.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Health insurance with supplemented premiums
Retirement plan match
Life insurance 2x salary
Paid sick time
Continuing education stipend
Family membership to Recreation Outreach Center
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO TAKE NEXT STEPS TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO: https://ibclex.com/jobs
Youth Pastor Wanted
Church Size: 500-700 average attendance
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Brookside Church is currently seeking a full time Pastor to oversee the youth ministry, as well as assisting with other ministries as directed by the Lead Pastor. Brookside is a part of the CCCU denomination (of the Wesleyan Holiness tradition) and is located just west of Chillicothe, OH. The mission of Brookside Church is to make disciples who make disciples. We are committed to a strategy (across all of our ministries) of Awaken. Commit. Transform. Share. (A.C.T.S.) Awaken to God’s love, to the depth of our own sin, and to the cost of discipleship. Commit to Christian community, growth and obedience. Transform as a result of the Holy Spirit giving us a change of heart, mind and will. Share the Good News, and what God has done in our lives, that others might come to an awakening of their own. The ministry campus currently consists of a Main Sanctuary and Administration building, a Children’s ministry building, a Senior Adult ministry center, and a Youth Center and Gymnasium. Brookside is also the host church for the preschool and elementary grades of Ross County Christian Academy, and is adjacent to Brookside Center – Retirement Community Properties.
Chillicothe, OH is located in south central Ohio and has a population of approximately 22,000. As the first and third capital of Ohio, Chillicothe has a rich historical district and is home to many parks and educational opportunities. The local economy is supported by several industries (Pixelle, Kenworth, Adena, etc.) and many government facilities (VA Hospital, Ross Correctional Institution, Chillicothe Correctional Institution). There are approximately ten different school districts from the area that are represented in the makeup of Brookside’s current youth ministry.
We are looking for someone to provide a dynamic, applicable, and Christ-centered environment that equips and enables students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who continue to make disciples. The preferred candidate would have a passion for teens and an understanding of their spiritual needs at this time of their life. Minimum of two years of experience and applicable degree are preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Plan and develop programs for youth ministry and evaluate their effectiveness.
· Meet regularly with church staff and youth ministry team to create and implement effective ministry plans and events.
· Provide spiritual direction to teens on an individual or family basis.
· Oversee budget and expenditures for the youth ministry
· Work with the governing board, church staff and volunteer leaders to achieve the goals and mission of the church.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Director of Student Ministries
Ooltewah United Methodist Church is seeking a dedicated leader who is motivated to pour self and energy into its student ministries in order to equip and disciple our community’s next generation of Christians to face an ever-changing world with grace, humility and the absolute, undeniable joy found in a relationship with Christ.
Purpose: The OUMC DSM will develop, oversee and nurture ministries and outreach to serve high school and middle school youth within our congregation and our community to equip them for spiritual development in Christ according to the church’s principles of Grow, Reach, Serve and Worship.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
1. GROW – Spiritual Development
Develop and oversee Student Ministries, to include all discipleship, fellowship and outreach programming
Plan and implement a program of age-appropriate Christian education for youth in middle and high school
Recruit, train and deploy youth volunteers for missions, service and general engagement in the church community
Plan and execute special programs related to youth’s spiritual development such as Resurrection, retreats, mission trips etc.
Provide opportunities for youth to be engaged in hands-on ministry using their gifts, talents and abilities
2. REACH – Church and Community Engagement
Develop, execute, nurture and oversee ministry activities designed to reach and serve youth in our community
Engage in ministry to youth in local schools around Ooltewah and in the greater Chattanooga area
Publicize student ministries of the church and show how lives are being changes by these ministries
Maintain an active and consistent social media presence for OUMC youth ministries across multiple platforms
Invite, equip, coach and utilize a team of adult volunteers to lead and serve youth ministries
Cultivate a culture of outreach among the youth in order to encourage participation
Engage regularly with other student ministry leaders in the community to share best practices and create connections among youth
Serve as staff liaison to the Boy Scouts of America troop
· Clearly and effectively communicate with youth, leaders and families using various media as needed (phone, email, social media, etc.)
· Contact inactive youth and parents personally
· Promptly contact youth after first-time visit to OUMC (worship or other programming)
3. SERVE – Leadership and Counsel
Responsible for implementation of and adherence to Safe Sanctuary policies for youth
Provide confidential counseling support for students and/or parents, referring to professionals as needed in partnership with congregational care teams
· Committee leadership: Youth Council
· Coaching and steering development of the Student Ministries Assistant
· Ensure current records of all medical, contact and special concern information for each youth
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor after consultation and mutual agreement
· Attend general staff meetings and Church Council meetings as needed
4. WORSHIP –
Serve as a member of worship planning team to insure youth’s inclusion and involvement in worship
Plan special events of worship for youth
Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years relevant work experience
· Degree in Religious Education (preferred)
· Understanding of student development and knowledge of current teaching techniques and student ministry approaches
· Strong organizational skills, experience working in and building teams
· Effective interpersonal skills, highly personable and engaging communicator who is able to hold student’s attention in large group setting
· Self-starter and innovator who is willing to do what it takes to connect with and nurture students required
· Ability to mobilize and equip adult volunteers/staff with gifts for student ministry
· Willingness to continually learn and refine the church’s discipleship methods
· Supervisory experience (preferred)
· Computer skills (MS Office products) and especially skilled with social media tools
Position reports to the Associate Pastor.
Qualified candidates should submit the following to Rev. Amanda Dean at email@example.com by April 30, 2020:
· Cover letter
· 3-5 minute video sharing your philosophy for youth ministry
GUILFORD COLLEGE UMC
YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
Guilford College United Methodist Church in Greensboro, NC is seeking a new Director of Youth and College Ministries to lead a program with a proud history and a promising future.
Guilford College UMC is an active, welcoming, worshipping, loving, learning, serving, giving, and growing Christian community of faith rooted in life-changing relationships with God, with each other, and with our neighbors through Jesus Christ. Our congregation is composed of over 1000 members with an average Sunday worship attendance of over 400 persons. Our church is located in a growing west Greensboro residential area up the street from Guilford College, not far from the airport, a new highway, and several sizable employers, and down the road from a large commercial district. The church also sits at both a literal and symbolic crossroads location of changing demographics in our area that offers exciting opportunities for ministry.
GCUMC has been blessed with many gifts. We have a rich history, a great facility, stable finances, a gifted and committed lay leadership, an excellent music and choir program, devoted Sunday School classes and Journey groups, a weekly Wednesday night family meal, a strong tradition of youth ministry, and we are known in our community for all of the ways that we reach out and serve others. As we look to the future, our priorities as a church are to deepen our relationships, connect with younger generations, and to grow so as to have our congregation reflect the age, ethnic, and economic diversity of our neighbors.
ABOUT THE YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR POSITION
The Director of Youth and College Ministries is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are praying to find a person who has a mature faith in Christ, a sincere love of young people, strong relational and communication skills, good organizational and administrative competence, proficiency in technology and social media, and the ability to equip and empower a committed team of youth and adults to grow in their faith and to make committed disciples of Jesus Christ. Responsibilities will include engaging in a relational ministry with 35+ youth and college students, leading lessons and discussions, ensuring student safety, recruiting, equipping, and empowering adult youth leaders, and working alongside a leadership team to plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of ministry activities including Sunday morning classes, Sunday night gatherings, Wednesday night small groups, overnight retreats, fundraisers, and mission trips. The work by its nature will also occasionally require travel and nontraditional hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have experience working with youth, must be prepared to submit to a criminal background check, and must have a Bachelor’s Degree by May 2020. Theological education and faith formation in the Wesleyan/ Methodist tradition are preferred.
To apply, please submit the following information to youth administrative assistant Kathy Raper at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- a CV/Resume of relevant education, experience and accomplishments, along with the names and contact information of two professional references and one personal reference
- a cover letter that introduces yourself and states why you think you might be called to this position
- After we receive and review your CV/Resume and Cover letter, selected qualified applicants will be requested to submit a 3 minute video of themselves sharing a devotional geared towards teenagers – we will send you an emailed invitation with a link to allow you to upload your video into our church’s Dropbox account.
The application deadline is Sunday, May 10th, although this deadline and the search process may be extended due to uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Inquiries, questions, or requests for more detailed job information can be directed to lead pastor Jeremy Troxler at email@example.com or at 336-292-5833.
Belin Memorial United Methodist Church
4182 US-17 BUS Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 (south of Myrtle Beach)
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries supports the ongoing, fruitful ministry to youth through logistical support, volunteer management, and hands-on leadership and relationship with youth, youth families and youth adult leaders/small group leaders in conjunction with and under the supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries..
Classification: Full-time, exempt.
1. Passionate, gifted, effective, and experienced in working with youth in creative and engaging ways that encourage spiritual and relational growth.
2. A bachelor’s degree in Christian education, Youth Ministry, biblical studies, or a related field is required. Experience with the United Methodist Church is desired
3. Demonstrated ability to train, equip and encourage volunteer youth leaders.
4. Have a comprehensive approach based on the understanding of the primary tasks of youth ministry to: love youth where they are; encourage youth in developing their relationship to God; provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth; challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
5. Excellent human relations skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, experience working with volunteers, good communications skills (oral, written and electronic).
6. Professional demeanor, team oriented, positive, and engaging attitude
7. Spiritually mature with a theological stance compatible with United Methodist teaching and doctrine. Primary Tasks Build youth disciples for Christ through creating a “sticky-faith culture” (in the areas of group building, mentorship, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
● Encourage middle school and high youth in taking the next step in their relationship with God
● Provide youth with opportunities and and and environment to encourage nurture and growth
● Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
1. In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries coordinate, plan, develop, and implement a balanced youth ministry in the areas of formation (sticky-faith), fellowship/group building, outreach, worship, and mission, ensuring that programs are engaging and effective in nurturing youth into the Christian life and service. Stay abreast of resources for these ministries. Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
2. Participate in a process of evaluating the vision and goals of these ministries, determining volunteer requirements, training, and recordkeeping. Assure compliance with the Child Protection Policy under UMC Safe Sanctuary Policies.
3. Work in conjunction with the Children’s Ministry Team to develop a fluid transition with rising 6th grade youth and Confirmation youth.
4. Work effectively with staff to include youth in all aspects of church life as appropriate, including music, worship, mission, and fellowship.
5. Engage, develop, and recognize volunteers who work with youth, and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult-to-youth ratios.
6. In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries and staff develop communication strategies for youth and their families, and the congregation as a whole, collaborating with other church staff to ensure timely and effective communication. 7. Be available to youth and their families in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
8. Mentor youth and youth adult leaders in developing leadership skills.
9. Be a liaison between the church and community organizations that relate to youth ministries.
General Ministry Support:
● Attend staff meetings and other meetings upon request.
● Presence on Sunday morning during worship to promote relationships, and to support volunteer recruitment and management for Youth.
● Perform other duties as requested by Pastors and the Director of Youth Ministries.
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries works under the direct supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries, and is accountable to the Associate Pastors, Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
About Belin Memorial UMC
Belin (pronounced Blaine) is a growing United Methodist Church that’s average weekly attendance at worship this year is 1350. We are a vibrant congregation just south of Myrtle Beach, SC with 4 services (2 traditional and 2 modern that run simultaneously).
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries is a new position for this growing church.
Our youth ministry follows the philosophies of sticky faith and orange.
Contact: Jenna Bush firstname.lastname@example.org
McGrawsville Community Church is a congregation of moderate size with a vision of and expectation of outreach, hope and growth. We are blessed with an active youth ministry averaging around 40 youth and ten children each Sunday evening, but special activities may bring that youth number to as high as 65±. We are a in rural location and looking for a new full-time Director of Youth Ministries who will lead the weekly ministry as well as coordinate at least one mission trip each year, multiple local mission opportunities and a couple of “adventure” weekends. Our youth ministry has a reach well beyond our own congregation into the community of unchurched youth and youth whose home congregations don’t offer a targeted youth ministry. We are looking for a person with a heart for bringing youth to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and them discipling them in their faith.
Position: High School Ministry Resident
Reports To: Student Ministry Pastor
Description of Church:
Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus church of 2,200 located in Knoxville, TN. For the past 20 years we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God’s love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training residents to be the best pastors possible.
Our high school ministry has over 150 students regularly involved and is averaging 100 on a weekly basis at our Wednesday night gathering, Fuel. We have experienced substantial growth over the past several years and need a gifted female to add to our staff.
The purposes of the resident positions in Student Ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full-time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service
- To give those considering full-time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness
Resident will be ultimately accountable to and under the supervision of the Student Ministry Pastor.
- Have contact with students on a weekly basis
- Actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs. This may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- Involved in planning and running summer mission trips
- Involved in staff meetings and resident training sessions
- Spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- Assist in recruitment, training and nurture of volunteers
- Actively involved in leading and equipping small groups
- Help with whatever ongoing administrative tasks might need to be done
- Have set office time each week to be available to assist student ministry staff
- Help in giving lessons and teaching on Wednesday nights
Weekly Involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- Fuel, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Intern development process
Hours: 40+ hours a week
Commitment: Two year commitment
- Salary + housing provided
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- One free frisbee golf disc
- Unlimited supply of M&M’s
- Two weeks of paid vacation during the year
Comp Days: If you have worked a significant amount of extra hours in a week for various reasons (retreats, camps, etc) then you will be allowed to have time off during the next week to compensate for the extra hours. Always check with your supervisor before taking Comp Days.
Sundays: Part of life in church ministry is working on Sundays! In order to give you an accurate picture of what it will be like if you go into church ministry, we ask that you attend church and volunteer on Sundays during service
Job Interviews: The nature of this internship is to train and send. Therefore we give you time off for your job/seminary interviews that may come about during the second half of the residency year.
Expenses: You will have access to a monthly stipend to spend on ministry related expenses (meals with students, games, recreation, etc).
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years volunteer experience at a church, camp, or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Things to check out:
- instagram: fuel2rc
- facebook: fuel2rc
- website: www.2rc.tv
Garden City Baptist Church is looking for a full-time Youth Pastor. Salary package is $40k. We are a Southern Baptist Church located in a growing community just south of Myrtle Beach, SC. There is great potential for youth/children ministry in this area. Responsibilities will be primarily to build a youth ministry (70%), be a strong presence in the children’s ministry (10%), and pastoral/church ministry as directed (20%).
Applicants must agree to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. We prefer seminary education and at least three years of ministry experience. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.