Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church (MVPC), located in the East Bay, 10 miles from Oakland, and 20 miles from San Francisco, is looking for a Director of Student Ministries to oversee our Middle School and College Ministries. This position will work closely with the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, who oversees all of Student Ministries and has primary responsibility for the High School Ministry.
Our Middle School Ministry, called Quest, gathers on Thursday Nights and this role would provide primary leadership through planning, teaching, and building relationships, as well as leading camps and other activities. Our College Ministry is a relational outreach to nearby St. Mary’s College that involves lots of one-on-one meetings with students, and small relational gatherings.
This is a full time position with time split roughly 60/40 between middle school and college ministry.
A vibrant and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
An undergraduate degree. A ministry or Bible degree is preferred, but not required.
Experience in college and/or youth ministry.
Love for students and the ability to build relationships with middle school and college students.
Strong communicator with the ability to clearly teach the Word of God.
Spiritual and emotional maturity.
A hard worker who is self-motivated.
A team player.
Desire to learn and grow.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 minute video introducing yourself. These can be sent to the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, Tommy Branagh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for considering this position, PLC is a great place to work! You can find a full application packet at www.plc-church.org/employment.
Position title: Director of Youth Ministries
Position type: Paid, Full Time
Reports to: Associate Pastor
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for the spiritual development of high school students, college students, and young adults connected with PLC. The Director also works in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministry to lead events for middle school students. The Director will mentor and guide students and young adults to seek God and His word in all circumstances, shepherd students in a personal relationship with Jesus, and inspire students to abide in Jesus and be a light in their community. The Director will establish collaborative working relationships with other directors and pastors to support the overall mission of PLC. The Director will succeed in their area of oversight by leading, teaching, and supporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Lead: Develop, coordinate, manage and implement ministry opportunities for students in grades 7-12 with a focus and emphasis on grades 9-12.
2. Lead: Provide a weekly opportunity for high school students to connect for worship, teaching, prayer, serving, and developing relationships.
3. Lead: Plan and execute the Refuge middle school ministry on a monthly basis and lead periodic events for middle school students.
4. Lead: Develop and coordinate age-appropriate spiritual growth opportunities for post high school students and young adults (ages 18-25).
5. Lead: Supervise, equip, and train volunteer and paid teams, including: Youth Mentors, Interns, and Serve Team Members.
6. Lead: Invite, empower, and encourage Youth Board members. Lead Youth Board meetings submitting plans, budgets, and calendars to that body for approval.
7. Lead: Create an atmosphere where students can enjoy being with one another while growing closer to Jesus while being available and actively engaged in the lives of students.
8. Lead: Regularly encourage youth to participate in the life of the church, including regular participation in Sunday worship, fellowship, and mission events.
9. Teach: Teach the Bible in a practical and engaging way with a theological understanding in agreement with the creeds and confessions of the Lutheran Church.
10. Support: Plan and execute fundraisers in collaboration with the Youth Board.
11. Support: Be present at events on local high school campuses, supporting students to develop new relationships, and be an influence for Christ on campus.
12. Perform other duties as required.
1. College graduate with bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in ministry from a Christian university preferred.
2. Ability to teach the Christian Faith from a Lutheran perspective as identified by the Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed, and the Confessions of the Lutheran Church or a plan to reach proficiency.
3. Experience in youth ministry leadership including roles in managing and administering youth programs in a church or camp setting.
4. Experience serving or participating in a vibrant youth ministry.
5. Ability to lead a team of volunteers.
6. Excellent organizational and communications skills (verbal, written, and using electronic means).
7. Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and teachable while working in a fast-paced environment.
8. Demonstrated ability to operate as a team player.
9. Self-starter and quick learner.
10. Kind, professional, and friendly demeanor.
1. A Christian of good character and reputation, having a strong Christian witness, attending worship regularly, and modeling faith to others.
2. A person who can maintain a good working relationship with others; one who is “team oriented.”
3. A person who enthusiastically endorses the core values and mission of PLC’s ministry.
4. You must love Jesus and like high school and middle school youth.
40+ hours a week
Unique opportunity to do ecumenical youth ministry: For 17 years, the community of Platte, SD has done ecumenical youth ministry together with dedicated volunteers. Now we are taking it to the next level by hiring a full-time pastor to lead this effort.
The youth group encompasses the whole community and consists of 150 students split between senior high and junior high youth groups. You will be assisted by 16 mentors for the senior high, 20 mentors for the junior high, and a community youth board. You will receive outstanding support from the local churches (Reformed, Christian Reformed, Lutheran, Baptist, Non-denominational, Presbyterian, Methodist, and Catholic) and the community.
Platte, South Dakota is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It is a strong, rural community that experiences high levels of tourism due to its location near the Missouri River. There are many opportunities to hunt, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors.
Interested parties are urged to request a job description or send their resume to email@example.com. Ordination is preferred, but not required. All applicants should have at least five years of youth ministry experience. Applications must be received by April 15 to be considered for this position.
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
Youth Ministry Mission:
To reach the youth of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
We believe in and highly value our young people. We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values young people as much as we do! This leader will invest their life into our students, helping them discover who they are in Christ and encourage them to not just learn about God, but to serve Him. Our youth have meaningful roles to play in God’s kingdom-building today. Our hope is that our youth ministry would produce committed disciples who will grow up and change the world. This leader will oversee and shepherd ministry to all junior high and high school students and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s youth ministry.
· Raise up, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the youth ministry.
· Raise up our youth band and a student leadership team.
· Create a safe and fun environment for students to come and experience God.
· Hold a weekly service or ministry time for both middle school and high school students.
· Run regular events to build community and help our students reach out to their friends.
· Make small groups a priority in the youth ministry.
· Personally be committed to relational discipleship and make building relationships with students your personal priority as well as the priority of your ministry team.
· Lead a big trip every year for both Middle School and High School. (Camps, mission trips, etc.)
· Run a youth ministry that is defined by discipling and empowering others in ministry, not defined by the main leader alone.
· Be a resource and a guide for parents. Hold trainings for them or other events that will help them raise their kids to love Jesus.
· Role model what you want from all of your leaders, by leading by example. (Be a general who is on the front lines as often as possible.)
· Play an active and vital role on our pastoral staff team. Sharing the load for all church events, encouraging your fellow teammates in ministry, and contributing whatever you can to advance the mission.
· Perform other pastoral functions (care visits, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.
· A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
· Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
· Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
· 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
· 3+ years of active and relevant student ministry leadership experience.
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
· Life calling for youth ministry. Passion is a prerequisite. (Youth ministry is your first choice.)
· Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
· Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
· Ability to understand and relate to students and their families.
· High energy and passionate about leading a team-lead ministry.
· Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience.
Health and retirement benefits are included.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Four Corners Student Ministry (6th Grade – 12th Grade)
Develop, execute and oversee Four Corners Youth Ministry and Team
Provide leadership, oversight and coordination within the Four Corners Youth Ministry
Family Ministries Pastor
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to build and lead teams effectively
- Organizational, practical and goal-oriented leadership
- A strong communicator who listens well
- Knowledge of systems and structures of Church of the Four Corners
- A proven project manager with strong attention to detail and administrative skills
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
- Ability to effectively manage behaviors to create a distraction-free environment
- Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
- Lead Four Corners Youth Ministry by providing vision and clear direction to help students thrive in the local church
- Create a weekly student experience that is fun, culturally relevant and gospel centered
- Plan and execute engaging weekly messages & services for Four Corners Youth
- Evaluate quality of weekly student services
- Create and implement systems and structures to help students take their Next Step with Christ
- Connect and build relationships with students
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with other students and leaders
- Plan and oversee monthly student events
- Integrate students into every aspect of the church
- Connect with parents and equip them to be the leader in their student’s spiritual development
- Share the vision of Four Corners Youth with families in the church, crew (volunteers) and people in the community
- Identify, train, equip, and multiply ministry leaders
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the Four Corners Youth team
- Regularly plan and facilitate meetings with Youth Ministry leaders for the purpose of coaching, developing community and providing general communication
- Collaborate with Family Ministry Team Leaders (Nursery, Pre-School, Elementary & Young Adult Ministries) to maintain and create a cohesive flow with programming and spiritual development from one stage of life to the next
- Grow attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families into the church through Four Corners Youth
- Create and continuously improve communication and follow-up methods for students, parents and families
- Maintain strong communication with Direct Report (Family Ministries Pastor) to ensure the vision of church is implemented in all areas of student ministry
- Other duties as assigned
POSSESS AND EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CORE VALUES IN THEIR DAILY LIVES:
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Not a weirdo
- Work ethic that is excellent, protective, and smart with time and money
- Fun and enjoyable to be with
- Lives life on mission
- Attitude of a servant and devoted to the call of God and the Church
- An example of personal integrity and discipleship
Pastor of Student Ministries
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pastor of Student Ministries will oversee the spiritual formation of students and help them take their next step with Jesus.
Bethel Church is seeking a new Pastor of Student Ministries. This role is responsible for the oversight, care,and spiritual direction of a multi-campus, multifaceted student ministry called Verge. The Pastor of Student Ministries will lead, promote, and oversee the spiritual formation of students (grades six through twelve) by providing ministry environments that will challenge them to take their next step with Jesus.
Bethel is a growing, nondenominational, Evangelical church that is striving to exalt Jesus Christ through expository preaching, God-saturated worship, loving community, and gospel outreach. We are located 40 minutes south of downtown Chicago in Northwest Indiana. Our four campuses average between 3,200–3,400 people each weekend across eight services. In 2017, Outreach Magazine named Bethel one of the Top 100 fastest-growing churches in America. Visit www.bethelweb.org for more information about the church.
Bethel’s Verge Student Ministries have a total of around 500 students (middle school and high school) who participate in the weekly gatherings at our four locations. We also have a student ministry called EPIC that regularly ministers to 80+ at-risk, urban youth in Gary, IN. Visit the Verge website for more insight about the ministry: welcometoverge.com
Youth Unlimited is looking for their next SERVE Director. This is a full-time position based in Grand Rapids, MI that will work closely with our host teams in the US and Canada. We are seeking someone who is passionate about Youth Ministry and wants to help guide the future of our SERVE program!
Position title: SERVE Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Missions Program Quality and Delivery
- Strategic planning and assessment
- Be aware of current mission and youth ministry trends and needs
- Evaluate YU’s SERVE experiences against the current trends and needs.
- Explore and implement changes in the program as needed to remain relevant to students, youth workers and churches through YU’s SERVE experiences
- SERVE site (Host team) recruitment and retention
- Host team (SERVE site) training and development (Standards of Excellence)
- SERVE 101 training
- YU/SERVE Leadership Summit training
- Mobilizing, equipping and empowering experienced Host Team leaders
- Host Team manual and website resources oversight
- Visit potential SERVE sites to determine if they are fit to host SERVE
- Collect post SERVE evaluations, review and assess sending church feedback, making changes as necessary
- Annual theme development with SERVE staff
- Collaborate with the contract writer
- Review writer drafts
- Ensure Reformed perspective permeates SERVE theme and materials
- With support of Youth Unlimited’s SERVE Coordinator field and respond to issues arising from participants, host teams, parents, speakers and other constituents
- Attend SERVE sites as they are in action to encourage, coach and appreciate them.
- Provide on-call support for all YU SERVE sites (24/7 during the experience)
- Speak into annual SERVE budget and execute the program within the annual budget.
- Church Engagement
- Retain and recruit churches to host and send students/leaders on SERVE trips
- Speak into the annual church engagement/marketing plan that connects with churches and youth workers
- Execute the church engagement strategy (see annual plan)
This position requires the ability to:
- Understand, appreciate and articulate a Reformed Christian world and life view
- Think critically about missions, justice and God’s call on our lives to serve others
- Communicate a vision for ministry to youth and emerging adults
- Lead and train multiple volunteer teams
- Develop and manage budgets
- Organize programs and events with an attention to detail
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Develop and maintain customer relationships (churches and youth workers)
- Handle crisis situations in a mature and professional manner
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Travel during the SERVE season (mid-June through early August) for site visits and as needed during the year to onboard new sites
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a church context with direct involvement in youth ministry. Preference will be given to candidates with a commensurate higher education background. Candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Rick Zomer (email@example.com) with the subject line: SERVE Director. Interviews will begin immediately with applications being accepted until November 21, 2018.
The main responsibilities of the Roane County Student Director are:
- Serve as point leader for Student Ministries at the Roane County Campus.
- Provide a disciple-making environment for 6th-12th grade students and their families through large group teaching/worship/meeting experiences, small groups, retreats & camps, evangelism/outreach, and service.
- Establish and maintain a relational presence – in both the church and community – with students and their families.
- Work with Campus Pastor and Knoxville Student Ministry Pastor to identify, recruit, develop and maintain a diverse and passionate volunteer team for student ministries at the Roane County Campus.
- Serve as additional resource to Roane County Campus as needs require (hosting, resource for staff/volunteers, pastoral care, etc.)
Roane County Student Director will be ultimately accountable to and under the supervision of the Campus Pastor.
- To have contact with students on a weekly basis
- Weekly school campus visits
- To be actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs. This may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- To be involved in planning and running summer mission trips
- To be involved in staff meetings
- To spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- To recruitment, training and nurture of volunteers
- To be actively leading and equipping small groups and leaders
- To oversee whatever administrative tasks might need to be done
- To have set office time each week
- To teach on Wednesday nights
Weekly Involvement In:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship services at 2RC RoCo
- The Gathering, Wednesdays 6:30-8pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Hours: 40+ hours a week
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years volunteer experience at a church, camp, or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
Links to Check out:
***Applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org***