As a full-time position, the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries plans and oversees mission opportunities, programing, and activities that fosters faith in Jesus Christ for youth (sixth through twelfth grades) and young adults within the church family and community
Responsibilities and Duties
· Lead middle and high school students in a way that encourages their spiritual growth as disciples of Christ.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes worship, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Develop and oversee curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
· Coordinate all aspects of Middle School and High School aged events and programming.
· Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of Middle School and High School youth.
· Recruit, train, and support volunteers to work in youth ministries.
Young Adult Ministry
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes small groups, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Work with the Young Adult Ministries Team and Team Leader to schedule, plan, and carry out ministries and programs.
· Assist with coordinating of young adult programming and events, including college-age, singles, and couples.
· Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Previous youth ministry experience within a growing youth program.
· Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry (preferred).
· Ability to work with youth and young adults.
· Proficiency with social media.
· Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication, conflict management, and computer skills
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
· A self-starter – highly motivated, with the ability to lead by example.
· Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check and drug test for employment.
· Must be available to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF NEW CANAAN
Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries
With the arrival of new Senior Pastor Scott Herr, an exciting chapter is beginning at First Pres New Canaan. We are seeking a Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries (“CM”) to help write this new chapter. They should be someone who can connect with and nurture our youth and children, guide them in their spiritual growth and create a special place in the church for them, where they will play an active and vitalizing role.
The Director will be part of a warm, welcoming, tight knit team of senior personnel who are pushing the next stage of the church’s vision and agenda. It will take someone with drive and enthusiasm to build out an enticing program of events covering all age ranges; someone with collaboration skills to encourage participation and engage others to help. This is a fantastic role for someone with experience working in small teams, with a focus on youth and children’s programming and excited by the opportunity to take an important leadership role during a period of significant change.
The initial commitment is for one year as “interim,” to be considered for permanent continuance by mutual agreement.
About Hope Community Church
Hope Community Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. We are committed to Jesus Christ, the gospel and one another. The Church gathers for worship on Sunday mornings in a beautiful facility with two primary goals: Christ-centered worship and Bible-centered teaching. Our Church averages 275 in attendance with about 200 members. As an established Church, we are able to enjoy the stability of our community yet continually strive to further the kingdom.
We are a Church amid some minor staff transitions. Our youth pastor became an associate pastor last fall and has taken on responsibilities beyond the realm of youth ministry. At the same time, our worship leader left to become an associate pastor at another Church in Washington. We desire to call an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship to step into these opportunities and share the vision of the Church and help lead us into greater health.
A calling to pastoral ministry
A love for students
An ability to lead the congregation in worship
Seminary training preferred
A heart for the gospel
What we want in an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
We are looking for a full-time associate pastor who will work closely alongside our current associate pastor in leading our youth and worship ministries. Both ministries are relatively healthy right now, but as we adapt amid the ongoing age of Covid, strong Godly leadership is needed. Our youth ministry currently oversees 40+ students with an average attendance of about 30 students between both high school and middle school. We currently rely on volunteers to lead worship Sunday morning and seek to have someone who can more succinctly lead this ministry. Please expect to devote 75% of your energy to youth and 25% to the worship ministry.
· Youth Ministry
Lead weekly youth group
Plan yearly retreats for students
Prepare expository / Biblical sermons
Disciple students and parents
Equip and encourage youth leaders
· Worship Ministry
Lead and oversee Sunday morning worship
Equip and train new worship team volunteers
Shepherd and disciple worship team volunteers
Oversee sound and technology volunteers
· General Pastoral Duties
Assist senior pastor and the rest of staff with events as needed
Counsel, encourage, and disciple individual Church members as needed
Be a faithful member of HCC
How to Apply
Please submit a resume describing your ministry experience and education
Please include a statement of why you believe you would be a good fit with HCC
Please include a video or audio link to a message you’ve preached
If you’re able, please send a video of you leading worship
Please send all material to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascade Community Church – Cascade, Idaho, USA 83611
Position: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 90+
Job Type: Full time
Cascade Community Church is a Bible believing church family of 90+ members located in a small community in the mountains of rural Idaho. We are located just two hours north of Boise, Idaho, a metropolitan area of over 300,000 residents, and only moments from outdoor recreational areas to enjoy the advantages of residing in a small rural town.
We are a congregation which is focused on outreach ministry to our community and the world beyond, with an emphasis on youth. Our vision statement is “Change the world from here: One child at a time; One student at a time; One family at a time; One disciple at a time.”
We are looking for a young man of unquestionable character living in accordance with the Word of God (I Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:9) to be a full time Youth Pastor. The ideal candidate has a heart for youth such that he will endeavor to see the youth of our community fall deeper in love with Jesus, grow in their spiritual development, and learn to love others as God loves us.
The Youth Pastor shall have charge of the spiritual welfare of all youth ministries of the Church with a primary emphasis on Junior and Senior High student ministries. The Youth Pastor shall seek to enlist followers of Jesus Christ, preach the Gospel and shall administer the activities of youth programs of the Church in cooperation with the various boards and committees.
The primary role of the Youth Pastor is to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to love God and love people. The Youth Pastor also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. The Youth Pastor is responsible for planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grades seven through twelve.
Success will require enthusiasm for presenting the love of Jesus Christ to the youth of our community and the development of a dynamic, safe and appealing place for the students that gives them the courage to be different and the resilience to resist unhealthy peer pressure. Additionally, an ideal candidate has proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and is compassionate, prayerful and grounded in God’s truth.
1. Develop the vision and curriculum for youth ministry
– Gain an understanding of the culture of the local youth to better meet their needs – Draft the vision and goals for student ministry in cooperation with other youth ministry programs to align with the church’s overall vision
– Review proposed vision and goals with the senior pastor and elder board – Design and oversee curriculum for all youth programs, events and classes, that is biblically based and biblically sound, encourages ongoing spiritual growth and supports the youth ministry vision
2. Lead the Sunday, mid-week and other youth gatherings
– Implement opportunities for the students to grow in relationship with the Lord and each other
– Attract new participants by building a dynamic environment of Christ’s penetrating good news
– Provide ample supervision and a physically and emotionally safe environment – Use social media to engage students and keep them informed
– Display a Christ-like approach and lifestyle to lead by example
– Engage parents wherever possible as a means to share Jesus and strengthen families – Plan and lead opportunities for students to serve in the community and beyond through short and long-term service projects and mission trips
– Lead or organize leaders for youth worship
3. Provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to local students and parents during times of difficulty and major crises
4. Oversee youth ministry staff and volunteers
– Lead efforts to recruit staff volunteers
– Take time to inspire, consult and support them to ensure spiritual vibrancy – Lead volunteers in the initiation and implementation of new ministry strategies 5. Develop relationships with the local educational community to share Christ’s love at schools and draw students to the church’s youth ministry
– Coordinate on-campus gatherings
– Support students by attending sporting events and awards ceremonies
– Be called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word to students – Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required
– Prior experience in student ministry
– Excellent computer and social media skills
– Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
– Affinity for young people
– Ability and interest in leading mission trips
* Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com *
Director of Ministry to Youth & Families
St. Johns Presbyterian Church is a roughly 450-member church with an average weekly worship attendance of around 225. Worship is offered in a traditional service at 9:00 am and a contemporary service at 11:00 am. Our core values as a church include:
- Biblically-Based – We believe the Bible is God’s Word and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. We strive to understand it and stand under it in all aspects of our lives. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Mark 12:29-30; John 14:21)
- Distinguished by Love – We believe Christians are to be distinguished by our love, endeavoring to guard the sanctity of every human life and to love one another as Christ loves us. (Mark 12:31; John 13:34-35; Exodus 20:13)
- Penetration of the Culture – We believe our church and every believer must strive to understand our times and uncompromisingly strive to establish Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in all aspects of life. (1 Chronicles 12:32; 1 Corinthians 9:19-22; 10: 31; Colossians 3:17, 23; Proverbs 21:3)
- Evangelism – We believe that lost people matter to God. Therefore, we believe the responsibility of every Christian is to reach the people God has placed within that Christian’s sphere of influence. (Luke 5:30-32; Matthew 18:12-24)
We are part of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America (PCUSA) in the Presbytery of St. Augustine. We are a conservative and theologically evangelical church, especially when compared to the PC(USA) and the Presbytery of St. Augustine. In May of 2016, St. Johns Elders voted to seek gracious dismissal from the PC(USA).
Our Youth and Families Program
Our Youth and Families Program is comprised of a Middle School (6th-8th) and High School (9th-12th) program that seeks to connect youth and their families to Christ, to each other, to the church, and to the greater community. The youth program strives to create a safe harbor community for youth and develop them as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
An important part of this ministry is to connect volunteers to youth ministry and in so doing serve the spiritual development of both. Connections are accomplished through fellowship, worship, Bible study, prayer, retreats, service projects and D-Life (a dramatic arts ministry, both live performance and film production, designed to impact youth for Jesus Christ, inspire them to share the Gospel, and provide an opportunity to building significant, personal adult relationships.
Inspire | Engage | Disciple | Teach. The Director of Ministry to Youth and Families must be an engaged, effective and functioning member of a cohesive leadership team. This calling will require your best effort and 40 plus hours per week to:
- Connect volunteers to youth ministry
- Plan and lead weekly youth group (middle school and high school)
- Plan and lead weekly Sunday school (middle school and high school)
- Attend weekly contemporary worship service with youth and participate in the life of the church
- Plan and attend alternate mid-weekly D-Life meetings and Wednesday Hangouts
- Plan and participate in special events, service projects, and outings
- Chaperone camps and retreats
- Engage in contact work
- Shepherd youth leadership development
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
In seeking a Director of Ministry to Youth and Families, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Has a strong passion and ability to disciple youth and help them develop a Biblical worldview
- Will share his/her faith in a creative, authentic, and compelling way
- Wants to work in partnership with staff, adult volunteers, and parents
- Is flexible, creative, and enthusiastic
- Is a self-starter and good communicator
- Has some post-secondary education, preferably a College Bachelor’s Degree
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in leading church youth programs, camp programs, internships, or youth organizations.
Salary and benefits negotiable depending upon education and experience.
Candidates interested in this opportunity are encouraged to submit a cover letter expressing their reasons for interest, a current resume, a statement of faith, and the names and contact numbers of at least two references (professional or personal references) to:
Attention: Bekah Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Johns Presbyterian Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The primary responsibility of this position is to help Lakewood UMC students become fully formed disciples of Christ by reaching, connecting, growing, and sending students to make disciples. The following is how this position will practice this primary responsibility in the Student Ministry at Lakewood UMC.
This ministry title is: Student Ministry Assistant Director
This position is Lakewood UMC’s primary: Leader of programming to help students (grades 6-12) know each other and know Jesus.
This ministry’s purpose is to: Build a community of students and adult leaders that provide an environment for students to know Jesus, follow Jesus, and make disciples of Jesus.
Success will be evaluated mainly in the areas of: Developing and maintaining a Sunday school program that helps students know Jesus, developing and maintaining Wednesday night worship and programming that helps connect student to Jesus, organizing, planning and executing a middle school mission opportunity in the summer, helping to plan and execute a high school mission opportunity in the summer, building and maintaining healthy and life-giving relationships with students, parents, and adult leaders that point them to Jesus
The question that this position brings to every planning discussion/decision is: Will this help staff and adult leaders know students, students to know each other, and students to connect with Jesus?
This ministry’s target populations/constituencies include: Students, parents, and adult leaders
The practice of this ministry is usually located in/on: Lakewood UMC campus, selected ministry events, area school district campuses and facilities, out of town locations for trips, online social media platforms, where students are located.
The initial time allocations for this ministry position are (in order): Building relationships with students and families (25%), organizing appropriate environments (30%), communication/social media/website tasks (10%), developing and equipping leaders (15%), teaching/preaching (20%)
Existing teams and programs for which this position is the staff LEADER include: Middle school mission, Wednesday night programming (The Well), Sunday school, The Big Event, Winter Retreat
Existing teams and programs for which this position is the staff MANAGER include: Weekly email communication, registration for middle school and high school mission trips, The Big Event, and Winter Retreat
Existing teams and programs for which this position is the staff CONTACT include: Sunday school, Wednesday evening activities, Pumpkin Patch fundraiser
The primary supervisor is the Director of Student Ministries.
This is a full-time, exempt position that includes health benefits, 401k, and 2 weeks of vacation annually. A bachelor’s degree and some Student Ministry experience preferred. Candidates must be physically capable of some manual labor (lifting, moving objects, etc.) and sleeping on a cot or air mattress during trips and retreats.
Interested applicants should send cover letters, resumes, and contact info for three references to email@example.com.
Hope City Church is looking for a leader who is excited about reaching students and engaging families here in Sarasota, Florida. We are a church that is #FORtheNextGeneration. And we are hiring a Youth Pastor that will help lead our student ministry to love, care, and serve students & their friends.
Hope City Youth Mission: Partner with parents to help students develop a faith that engages!
Big Win: Create an environment that reproduces servant leaders who encourage and celebrate the spiritual growth of students in partnership with their parents.
● Ability to lead teams effectively
● Passion for the Church, Hope City’s vision, students, and serving others
● Committed to the well-being and success of Hope City Students
● Organized, driven, practical and goal-oriented leadership
● Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
● Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
● Professional representation of Hope City and the Lord in all things
If this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Head over to www.HopeCitySRQ.com/youthstaff and check out the video for more info, and then email Robyn@hopecitysrq.com with your resume & cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The Evangelical Covenant Church of International Falls (ifallscovenant.org) is excited to call an Associate Pastor of Youth who loves Jesus and believes teenagers are amazing. They are looking for the right person rather than just the right gifts to fit their team. As such, this position includes the freedom to work with the Lead Pastor to build part of the position around their gifts.
After calling the Youth and Worship Pastor to now be the Lead Pastor, the Evangelical Covenant Church of International Falls is excited to find an Associate Pastor of Youth who will build on the momentum and complete the team. With personal devotion to Jesus and His mission being of first importance, this is an exceptional opportunity for a relational person who recognizes that they have something more to add to the church in addition to the youth ministry. Some examples include but are not limited to: worship, technology, preaching, small groups, young adults. Candidates should be prepared to share those areas of interest.
AFFILIATION: Evangelical Covenant Church
ABOUT: The Evangelical Covenant Church of International Falls is a congregation rooted in Scripture and led by a young, vibrant pastor. The church gathers for worship in a large building that includes a gym and a Teen room with a number of small group rooms. Typical attendance for Wednesday night Teens is 30 including middle school and high school. Sunday services have a casual approach, quality worship, and a friendly demeanor. A value for reaching the least, last, and lost is evident by the outreach in the community and involvement in worldwide missions.
International Falls is an outdoor-centric, lake community and those who thrive here must love being outside and active throughout all four seasons. If you love hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, swimming, running, camping, or canoeing, you will find it in International Falls! The right pastor will be a relational leader who models an authentic spiritual life marked by a devoted relationship with Jesus and a profound love for others. Being a self starter, gifted communicator, and visionary are needed strengths. Connecting in the community, breaking down barriers to entry, creating on-ramps to engagement and making it easy for people to get involved are also part of the role here. ECC strives to be a church that makes followers of Jesus in our area and the candidate must have the same heartbeat.
International Falls, Minnesota is a historic town of 6,500 on the northern border of Minnesota and Canada. Famous for being “The Icebox of the Nation”, the town is home to a large paper mill, a clinic and hospital, multiple school choices, an airport, and a bridge to Fort Frances, Ontario. Still, the town is only half of the community. The other half is Rainy Lake, and to experience Rainy Lake is to fall in love. World class fishing, resorts, and home to Voyageurs National Park are just some of what draw people to the area year round.
Strong, observable relationship with Christ; Bachelor’s degree in Pastoral Ministry, Youth Ministry, Counseling, Christian Education, or experience in the ministry of a local church or Christian organization; Proven leadership and organization abilities; Strong preaching/teaching experience; A personal conviction and ability to communicate a call of God to ministry.
For Full Job Description Click Here
Christian Union Church is a non-denominational church seeking a youth pastor who is ready for a challenge filled with great opportunities and many blessings. Located in Central Illinois, we are looking for a motivated, experienced youth pastor with a heart for God and a heart for all people. We are looking for a youth pastor who can help us lead our young people to follow Christ through serving experiences, mentoring, and meaningful worship experiences. We want to reach young people in a community with very ripe fields. We need someone capable of working with K-12, understanding the needs of young families and integrating our youth into meaningful relationships within our whole church family. Your predecessor built a solid foundation of adult sponsors to partner with, you will have a supporting congregation, and a supportive leadership team. Salary does include additional benefits. We need a youth pastor unafraid to take some chances and willing to work hard to get the job done. We need a pastor called by God and called to serve with us in this vital work. Send us a resume if you believe you could be that person. If you would like a full job description, e-mail Blindmonkee2001@yahoo.com. We are praying that God lead us to the right person for this vital work.
Position Overview: The Director of Youth Ministry will equip and guide a ministry team in providing high quality outreach, discipleship, spiritual formation, worship, and mission opportunities for youth. The Director of Youth will lead the youth ministries team utilizing all of the gifts and talents within our congregation and community. This includes leading church staff and laity in planning, implementing, and evaluating how our youth ministry enhances worship and strengthens the mission of the Church. He or she will have a passion for the gospel, a commitment to team-building, leadership development and the ministry of the laity, and an ability to articulate a clear vision for Youth ministry that is in keeping with BUMC’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
· Lead youth ministry of 100+ active students with 200 students on role
· Provide ministry, discipleship & care for students & families grades 7-12
· Recruit, train, coordinate, develop, lead and empower volunteer leadership team of 20+ active adults
· Plan and lead weekly programming and activities for all middle school and high school students
· Plan and lead weekly Sunday night youth gathering for 100+ students – includes, but not limited to coordinating weekly parent volunteers to provide meal, coordinating and resourcing adult volunteer team, planning games, worship, Bible teaching time, facilitating student small groups and more
· Plan and lead Sunday School on Sunday mornings
· Plan and teach weekly high school Bible study for 10-25 students
· Plan, teach, or delegate weekly middle school Bible study for 10-30 students
· Provide Local Mission work opportunities
· Communicate weekly with youth parents through email, an email newsletter, social media and paper mailings
· Build relationships with youth and their families by connecting with them beyond Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings by meeting youth and their families beyond the church walls
· Help assimilate and connect youth and families who are new to BUMC
· Communicate consistently and creatively with students through various social media channels
· Plan and lead annual summer mission trip, both domestic & international, for 30+ students and adults
· Plan and lead annual summer youth backpacking trip for 25+ students and adults
· Plan and lead winter retreat to off-site camp for 75+ students and adults
· Support Director of Children’s Ministry as needed with Confirmation program for 6th Graders as they bridge into youth ministry
· Develop and manage the youth ministry budget in consultation with Finance Committee and the BUMC Office Administrator
· Serve with and work alongside the church staff to accomplish the overall ministry of the church
The Director of Youth will report to the Pastor of Discipleship.
40 hours per week.
-Demonstrated ability to manage a team of leaders, develop and oversee a budget and coordinate ministry with a large church staff to achieve the mission of the church
-Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
-Excellent planning including the ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities as well as demonstrated ability to execute well organized programs and events
-Effective communication skills with both youth and their parents
-Bachelor’s degree required – youth ministry or a related field preferred.
-Clergy encouraged to apply.
-Experience in youth ministry and working on a church staff.
To apply submit all of the following on or before September 24, 2020:
1. Cover letter
3. List of references (at least three)
Mail to: Boone UMC Search Committee
c/o Rev. Lory Beth Huffman
471 New Market Blvd.
Boone, NC 28607
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org