****** TO OFFICIALLY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT https://crosstimberschurch.org/jobs/ ******
JOB TITLE: Student Pastor – Argyle
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time STATUS: Exempt
MINISTRY: Student Ministries
REPORTS TO: Central Student Pastor
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
The Student Pastor must have excellent relational and communication skills. This role requires organizational and administrative skills to carry out the day-to-day operations of the Student Ministries program. Commitment to leading in all assigned areas of student ministry and partnering with the Kids Ministry Team for the success of kids, students and families is critical. This role must have experience in leading a ministry team of both staff and Serve Team (volunteers).
- Responsible for setting campus specific goals and objectives for CT Student Ministry under the direction of the Central Student Pastor
- Confident, articulate and engaging stage presence
- Able to write and deliver messages under the direction of the Central Student Pastor and/or other senior Leadership
- Lead and execute other campus specific experiences as well as partnering with the Student Team from other campuses (mid-week, summer camp, spring break, mission trips, etc.)
- Stay informed on current educational methods, materials, promotional ideas
- Follow up with CT families and guest families/students as needed for the campus
- Communicate and collaborate with the campus team, full student team and Central Student Pastor
- Recruit, train & equip Serve Team leaders
- Visible within the community to parents, students and leaders (attending school and/or community functions)
- Planning and implementation of growth and development for leaders at the campus level
- Knowledge of and passion for kids and teens (6th – 12th grades)
- Creativity-the ability to think outside the box developing fresh new elements
- Capacity for maintaining needed details and information
- Dependability and ability to build strong relationships with students and their families
- Assist with oversight of CT Students social media activity for the campus and for CT Students as a whole
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership ministry team role at a moderate to large sized church (1500 or greater)
- Multi-site church experience preferred
- Prefer 4-year Degree
- Adaptable-willing and open to change, be flexible in a variety of situations
- Collaborative – be a team player giving and receiving input, willing to compromise & cooperate
- Must demonstrate courage – willing to be gracefully bold and be stretched beyond your comfort zone
- Must possess a genuine humility and work well in the context of a team
- Effective communicator – exhibits clear and effective verbal and non-verbal skills
- Must be a multiplier – able to develop people, systems and structures to facilitate growth
- Demonstrate ownership – be a forward thinker who assumes responsibility and takes initiative
- Relatable – cares about others and chooses to include them
- Must possess a genuine positive attitude
- Able to succeed in a high expectation environment
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Monday – Tuesday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sundays vary by campus and service schedule
- Must understand that ministry does not always fall within a normal 9:00 – 5:00 schedule and working outside of that schedule including weekends and holidays for CT sponsored events may be required.
- All staff members are required to attend Refuel, essential and other leadership development meetings. Vacations and personal time should not be scheduled that will interfere with attendance. Any exceptions must be approved by the manager.
- All staff members are required to work Christmas and Easter services and the week leading up to each holiday. The schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires bending, stooping and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
****** TO OFFICIALLY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT https://crosstimberschurch.org/jobs/ ******
Position Available: Junior High Ministry Coordinator
Fremont seeks a person of character and integrity who has spiritual maturity and a passion for ministry to teenagers to serve in a full-time position as the Jr. High Ministry Coordinator.
Located in desirable Sacramento, California, near both the mountains and the ocean, Fremont Church is committed to a full and diverse set of ministries, including strong music, youth and children’s programs, which attract large numbers of community members. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered on Sunday mornings. We seek to maximize the opportunity God has given us to create space for people to become lifelong followers of Jesus and to relentlessly pursue His transformation of our neighborhood, our city, and the world.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Implements a ministry program that includes Jr. High Fellowship, Bible studies, special events, camps, mission trips, and leadership development that emphasize discipleship and outreach
Recruits, equips, and inspires volunteer leaders to assist in the program and to develop relationships with students; builds teamwork and mutual accountability
Implements an active discipleship program for students and volunteer staff
Implements communication to students and families that keeps them fully informed and facilitates the development of personal relationships; conducts regular parent meetings
Works in coordination with the staff supervisor to manage program budget and set long-range goals
Provides administrative support; manages the database of contact and attendance data
Participates in regular church staff meetings and retreats
Must love Jesus and love people, having a particular burden for students
Must be friendly, faithful, hard-working, and have an ability to use effective communication and appropriate humor to connect with students
Must be a self-starter, taking initiative in relationships and projects and hungry to grow in knowledge and bring creative energy to the ministry
Must be humble and willing to participate and collaborate with others in a team setting and to submit to those in leadership
Must have strong emotional intelligence, demonstrating maturity in understanding and managing personal emotions and being socially aware in interactions with and evaluation of others
Must have good written and verbal communication and computer skills
Must have the ability to creatively solve problems and compassionately intervene in conflict.
Education and Experience Desired
Growing walk with Jesus
Bachelor’s degree; ministry-related education is a plus
Desire and ability to lead, equip and release volunteers to do the ministry.
Skills in coordinating people, and in planning, implementing and managing ministry events and activities.
Growing ability to study and teach the Scripture.
Ability to build rapport with parents.
Ministry experience in a team setting is a plus
The likely candidate will have less than 5 years of experience in ministry but will possess a strong desire to grow and be equipped as a ministry leader.
A resume which includes the following information must be submitted to Fremont Presbyterian Church:
Church history/ministry experience
Three (3) references
In addition, please include a written response to each of the following:
Share your personal Statement of Belief and spiritual journey.
Provide a description of an experience that illustrates your passion for ministering to Jr. High students.
Identify the important components of your vision for a successful Jr. High ministry.
Why do you feel God might be leading you to Sacramento and, more specifically, to Fremont Presbyterian Church?
We are looking for a one to two year, full time intern to work with our student ministry team! Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is a church with around 1200 regularly involved people; located in between Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York. The position works under the youth pastor, in a team that includes a full time youth ministry assistant, part time administrative assistant, and about thirty volunteers.
As the intern, you would build experience teaching, leading a small group of students, leading mission trips (for example, this year we are sending teams to Belize, Bolivia, and two teams to Kentucky), hosting conferences and concerts, all nighters, and more. The ideal candidate is someone graduating this year with a youth ministry or ministry related degree, looking to build experience and grow in leadership in a ministry that will give lots of opportunities to do so! Our youth pastor, Matthew McNutt, has been at BVBC for almost eleven years; and a youth pastor for 18 years total. Under his leadership, the team is given room to grow, make mistakes, and become stronger leaders. He is a firm believer in sharing the spotlight and giving others the opportunity to grow as teachers, leaders, speakers, etc.
- One year, with (ideally) a potential second year, starting immediately
- $20,000 annual stipend
- Housing provided
- He/she will also be taken to the Youth Specialties NYWC conference, and be given a full membership to the YMCA next door to our church.
- Ability to lead and teach students in large and small group settings.
- Ability to organize projects and events.
- Experience in student ministry, either as a volunteer or a paid staff member.
- Assist in planning, training and spiritual leadership of mission trips.
- Experienced worship leader, able to mentor students in leading worship would be a BIG plus.
- Reports to Student Ministry Pastor
Send the following to Matthew McNutt (email@example.com):
- Cover letter and references
About Brandywine Valley Baptist Church:
Director of Worship and Student Ministries
Here is a great opportunity in a small, but wonderful community, to serve a loving, growing, Christ-centered church. FUMC Ulysses, KS is looking for the right person to head up our student ministries and worship.
Ulysses has terrific schools, and is a safe and supportive community for children and youth; it’s a great place to work, live and raise a family. We understand the importance of working together, and encouraging you to be the best you can be.
FUMC is a special place, with beautiful newly remodeled facilities, and a warm, loving faith community. The church gathers about seven generations in fairly equal numbers each Sunday for worship, and we enjoy a blended worship style. Our diverse ministries offer everyone a place to be involved, and to grow spiritually. Our children’s ministry is growing very strongly, and that means more youth on the way!
Student ministries, 6-12 grades, is strong with a large and very cool space for youth, great volunteers, and dozens of terrific students. The time has come for us to expand our outreach and disciple ministries to students and we are ready for the right person to lead us.
While a degree in youth ministry and experience is desired, we are open to hearing from you if this sounds like something God is leading you to. Send a resume` with a cover letter briefly sharing why you might be the one. Our comp package is competitive and will be commensurate to education and experience. We offer vacation, insurance, several holidays, education and professional support.
The right person will be able to handle all facets of student ministries and worship, and will work with and develop the volunteer teams who currently serve in these areas. While a music degree is not required, the love for both contemporary and traditional worship will be helpful; the ability to lead vocally is required.
Email your resume and cover letter to Pastor Todd Guinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a link to a video where you have recently led worship, or shared a message with youth, we would love to see that, too! Check us out on Facebook and our website, www.umculysses.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Park Road Presbyterian Church is in an extremely unique season of mission and ministry, and is seeking an Assistant Pastor with the appropriate calling and gifting to join our pastoral team for this unprecedented opportunity.
Easter 2019 was our first official Sunday in a brand new building; our new location and new facilities uniquely position us to engage young families and students with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we are eager to see our church family revitalized through this endeavor.
The Assistant Pastor for Student and Family Outreach is charged with providing leadership in ministry to Middle School & High School students and their families, further developing Park Road’s reach into the community.
The right candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry or other related field, and is preferably seminary trained; previous experience is preferred. The position requires strong organizational, communication, and relational skills.
The Assistant Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor, developing and implementing a unified vision for outreach and ministry to students and their families. Other duties may be included in the job description as gifting and capacity allow, such
as preaching, counseling, and specific ministry oversight, including missions, discipleship, and outreach.
To learn more about Park Road Church, to obtain a detailed job description, and for more information on how to apply, please visit www.parkroadchurch.com/about/hiring
The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) leads Spring Creek in its ministry with youth (6th through 12th grade) and their families by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry that furthers Spring Creek’s mission to grow in an ever-deepening relationship with God through worship, meaningful connections with others, intentional spiritual growth, and committed service. The DYM serves as a spiritual leader and role model, and teaches the Christian faith consistent with the beliefs of The United Methodist Church.
Click HERE for full Job Description
Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593
Description of Ministry Partnership: First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care, and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling, and mentoring students).
· A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship, and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
· Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
· Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
· An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
· An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
· At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry and/or serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
· Prior experience developing new ministries.
· Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
· Both a self-starter and team player.
To apply for the position:
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Rev. Paul Massingill at PaulMassingill@ctcumc.org. Specific questions about the position may also be directed to Paul at 305.282.1929.
Resumes are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.
FUMC Artesia is seeking a youth pastor to build upon the already strong (6th-12th grade) youth program. We are seeking someone deeply committed to discipling youth in a relationship with Jesus Christ through study, prayer, fellowship and mission. Our church places a heavy emphasis on relationships with the youth, and deep involvement in the community is expected. This is a full time position with a generous salary and housing is provided along with a congregation that is deeply devoted to supporting the youth program and its leadership. Interested applicants should contact Monty Leavell at email@example.com or 575-746-3535. You can also summit a resume with references, your salvation story and a statement of faith.
Hockessin United Methodist Church – Hockessin, DE
Student Ministries Director is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Senior Pastor with the responsibility for planning, leading and growing the student ministries at the Hockessin United Methodist Church (HUMC). This student minister will energize youth (6th-12th grades) with innovative ways to worship, fellowship and study scripture that leads them to a lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.
*Highly energetic and committed to youth ministry
*Training in Christian youth ministry or seminary experience
*Previous youth ministry and leadership experience required
*Strong leadership, planning and interpersonal skills
*Meets requirement for Safe Sanctuary(background check)
Full job description is available on Hockessin UMC website:
Compensation Package: $40,000-$45,000 annually plus monthly benefit allowance
Submit cover letter, resume and list of references to: