Full Time Student Ministry, Children Ministry And Small Group Director. The person filling this position will be responsible for effectively developing, organizing, and supervising the Student Ministry and Children Ministry of First United Methodist Church for the purpose of making and growing students into disciples of Jesus Christ. They will lead a team of small group leaders in the growth of a healthy, relational, and outward focused small group ministry that seeks to grow deep relational connections and a growing relationship with Jesus. Job description, application, and information about First United Methodist Church in North Platte, Nebraska is available at firstchurchnp.com. Closing date is August 10, 2020.
Faith Church is looking to hire a full-time student pastor to lead our 6th-12th grade ministries. Compensation is commensurate to experience.
FBC Idalou is searching for a Pastor of Students. They will be responsible for developing relationships with students, parents, volunteers, and people of multiple generations. Ideal candidate will be driven to engage the community and embrace the opportunities of ministry in a growing small town. More information can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Olive Branch Community Church exists to Love, Live, and Share Christ wherever we go. We long for our neighbors to go from friends to family and we desire to move people from going to church to being the church. We are looking for a Student Ministries Director who has a contagious love for Christ, youth, and their families. This role will provide over site and leadership for both Junior High and High School ministries that will teach, train, and disciple students so that we might see God transform their lives, their schools, and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implement the current vision and strategy for Student Ministries.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school ministry programs mid-week and weekends.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school outreach and serving events/opportunities. Including but not limited to 3 outreach events per year to reach new students from the area and a minimum of 3 serving events annually.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school student discipleship pathway.
· Message preparation and preaching. Trains up a team to delegate youth speaking opportunities.
· Establish and develop relationships with students and parents. Holds a minimum of 2 parent meetings per year.
· Recruit, train, and establish relationships with volunteer leaders.
· Develops, maintains, and stewards department annual expense budgets within available resources.
· Create and manage student ministries calendars.
· A member of Senior Pastor’s teaching team.
· Spiritual maturity that is evident both privately and publicly.
· Ability to spiritually lead and mentor team and members by word and example.
· Communication skills that honor our Lord and demonstrate love to others.
· A commitment to a healthy family and body.
· Regular office hours.
· Sunday Weekend attendance and attendance at staff/leadership meetings.
· Active member of Olive Branch Community Church.
· Regular 1:1 meetings with Sr. Director of Family Ministries.
· Regular meetings with mentor/coach.
· Stay current with student ministries practices by networking, reading, attending leadership conferences.
· Perform and/or oversee other church events as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Earning or Earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in relevant field.
· Minimum of 5 year of student ministry experience of an internship level or higher.
· Demonstrates desire to reach and lead young people where they are at and help them to Love Christ, live Christ, and Share Christ wherever they go.
· Uphold and support the Mission, and Core Values, and Staff Behaviors of Olive Branch Community Church.
· A Christian Testimony, and a teachable spirit, .and practices sound judgement.
· Self-Initiator with strong work ethic.
· Self-motivator, creative, flexible, and honest..
· Strong organizational and time management and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail. and able to build a team of volunteers to subsidize weaknesses.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with experience preparing and teaching biblical messages.
· Able to build creative programming related to student programs and special events.
· Able to lead teams (volunteer and/or staff) in connecting with students for outreach and discipleship.
· Thrives under work environment with goals, accountability, and collaboration. Able to accomplish goals utilizing strong project management skills and collaboration.
· Previous supervisor experience preferred.
· Able to handle confidential matters with excellence
· Signed Statement of Faith.
Check us out at obcc.church
To apply for this position send your resume, statement of faith, and a video of you teaching/preaching to: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection is seeking a called, passionate, forward-thinking and courageous leader to serve as Pastor/Director of Student Ministries. Building upon its rich history of effective ministry to students and their families in our church and community, the next Pastor/Director of Student & High School Ministries will be a visionary leader who possesses the ability to effectively strategize and faithfully steward a new season of ministry marked by sustainable growth, expansion and ministry impact in Kansas City and beyond.
Our next leader will be asked to 1) cast and sustain a compelling vision of innovative student ministry, 2) construct a discipleship pathway that moves students from exploring God to embodying the person and work of Jesus, 3) develop a set of benchmarks and metrics that gives evidence of faithful and effective ministry to youth, their families, and volunteers and 4) manage and supervise a dynamic team of staff.
The Pastor/Director of Student Ministries will be asked to create attractional outreach opportunities for students in the community to connect with Resurrection and explore Christianity. In addition, the Pastor/Director of Student Ministries will be asked to create programs and missional opportunities to help students and families “close the spiritual gap” in their life by participating in the five essential practices of the Christian life, namely: worshipping, studying, serving, giving and sharing.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5-7 years of experience in student ministries or any equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master of Divinity degree is preferred.
Click Here to submit your cover letter and resume and to see the full job description.
Hope City Church is looking for a leader who is excited about reaching students and engaging families here in Sarasota, Florida. We are a church that is #FORtheNextGeneration. And we are hiring a Youth Pastor that will help lead our student ministry to love, care, and serve students & their friends.
Hope City Youth Mission: Partner with parents to help students develop a faith that engages!
Big Win: Create an environment that reproduces servant leaders who encourage and celebrate the spiritual growth of students in partnership with their parents.
● Ability to lead teams effectively
● Passion for the Church, Hope City’s vision, students, and serving others
● Committed to the well-being and success of Hope City Students
● Organized, driven, practical and goal-oriented leadership
● Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
● Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
● Professional representation of Hope City and the Lord in all things
If this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Head over to www.HopeCitySRQ.com/youthstaff and check out the video for more info, and then email Robyn@hopecitysrq.com with your resume & cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Job Description: Associate Pastor of Youth
The mission of the Associate Pastor of Youth is to support the teaching ministries and shepherd the congregation of First Baptist Church, lead and have direct teaching involvement in the youth ministry and oversee all children’s ministries of First Baptist Church.
A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline is preferred or pastoral ministry experience may be substituted in lieu of formal degree.
A minimum of two years of experience in pastoral ministry with responsibilities in education, discipleship, and pastoral care is preferred.
Skills preferred: teaching, curriculum development, group facilitation, discipleship, public speaking, people management, program management, and leadership.
Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12): Provide oversight, leadership, and participation in all aspects of the Youth Ministry (this includes volunteer recruitment)
● High school ministry
o Develop a scope and sequence for the high school teaching ministry
o Teach Wednesday night Bible Study
o Teach Sunday School
o Organize and execute service opportunities and activities
o Provide counseling and discipleship to students and families as needed
o Equip students and lead them to participate in outreach to the community
o Organize and execute a plan to encourage and equip teens for ministry; including ministry trips
● Junior High Ministry
o Oversee the Junior High ministry and participate as needed
o Help develop or find curriculum
o Recruit volunteers
o Provide oversight and discipleship to leaders
o Equip students and lead them to participate in outreach to the community
Children’s Ministry (Infants – Grade 6): Provide oversight, leadership and development of the children’s ministries of First Baptist Church in order to assist families in evangelizing, discipling and training children
● Awana oversight
o Provide guidance and supervision for the Awana program
o Assist in volunteer recruitment and development
o Oversee the budget
● Children’s Church
o Maintain a scope and sequence for teaching materials
o Recruit, disciple and equip teachers
● Recruit and equip ministry leaders to plan and execute a yearly Vacation Bible School program
● Sunday School oversight, including Christmas program
● Oversee Nursery and Toddlers staffing and programming
Pastoral Care and Administration:
● Individual accountability meetings with recent graduates
● Weddings and pre-marital counseling as needed
● Preaching as needed
● Participate in staff, deacon and elder meetings
● Participate as needed in annual committees, such as Nominating Committee, Budget Committee, etc.
Pastor of High School Ministry – First Baptist Church of Lodi CA
First Baptist Church of Lodi is a growing, outreach focused church of approximately 1000 people with a high value on the importance of student ministry. Our mission is to MAKE, MATURE and MOBILIZE disciples of Jesus who LOVE THE LORD above all else and TOUCH OTHERS with the reality of Jesus Christ. We are searching for a High School pastor to embrace that mission with the students of our church and community. We are looking for a High School Pastor to provide dynamic vision, leadership, Biblical teaching, creative outreach and mission and be a loving shepherd for the high school students, staff and families.
First Baptist Church is an active, loving, mission and community focused church that is looking for high school pastor to help guide a vibrant and contagious ministry reaching a large variety of students while maximizing the gifts and resources of a committed team of volunteer staff. The church offers a great culture and a great support for thier pastors and staff and families and there is a high value on our team approach and support in ministry.
- Exhibit a personal, active and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and healthy family and friendships. Meet spiritual requirements outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Called to youth ministry and passionate about outreach, discipleship and mission with High School students.
- Engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background
- Self-motivated, responsible, visionary, and inspiring.
- Able to balance administrative tasks of organizing a creative ministry while maintaining a shepherd’s heart for students, staff and families.
- Ability to connect with students and families from diverse backgrounds, personalities and interests with compassion and empathy.
- Team player. Work well with FBC ministry staff, elders, etc. as well as with volunteer youth staff to create positive and growing atmosphere. (Current FBC student ministries staff includes full time Children’s Pastor, full time Middle School Pastor and part time Young Adults Pastor. First Baptist also launched One Eighty Community Ministries which includes a teen center, although High School pastor will not have direct responsibilities for One Eighty)
- Oversee an engaging ministry to high school students that emphasizes a balance of outreach, discipleship, worship, service and mission .
- Create loving environment for all high school students to find Christ filled love, community and acceptance.
- Care for the growth, feeding, and spiritual well-being of the high school students.
- Oversee all high school student ministries in order to foster deep spiritual growth, vibrancy, and outreach.
- Continually evaluate activities, always working to infuse creativity, relevance, and energy.
- Recruit, train, and develop an effective volunteer staff. Develop volunteer youth leaders who can use their various gifts and abilities within their time constraints to help reach and mature the youth group.
- Plan and coordinate weekly programs (including teaching) and regular special events to assist in accomplishing our stated ministry vision and goals.
- Organize and oversee big events such as camps (Hume Lake), Mexico missions, Camp Barnabas, etc.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Develop a partnership with a parent’s support team to assist with needs and direction of overall ministry.
- Participate in the regular functions and broader services of the church as needed. Help to connect teenagers to broader life and ministries of the church (ex. Welcome ministryes, Kids staff, Special Forces, Ushers, Upward staff, Men’s ministry, etc.)
- Oversee the high school student ministry budget.
- Involved in community events especially local high school clubs, sports and other student activities as possible.
- Maintain pastoral relationship to all High School students connected with the broader ministry of FBC (whether they attend regular high school events or not).
- Other church and pastoral responsibilities as needed.
- Agree with the church’s mission, core values, and doctrinal statement
- Possess the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and execute tasks in a timely manner. Capacity to lead large and active ministries.
- Utilize excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to maximize technology to communicate with students and parents.
- Minimum experience requirement – 3-5 or more years in full-time youth ministry (or equivalent); proven capabilities in all pertinent capacities of youth ministry (leadership, budget, etc.).
- Minimum Education. Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Student Ministry and graduate studies preferred.
Please send your information to Glen Barnes, Lead Pastor, email@example.com
Director of Student Ministries, Headland United Methodist Church, Headland, Alabama
HUMC is seeking a fun, vivacious, Christ centered individual for a full-time salaried position interested in guiding, mentoring and loving our youth (grades 6-12) as they grow in their faith. As a United Methodist church, we are seeking someone who understands our doctrine, has a strong faith, and a love for and ability to work with teens both in groups and individually. He/She will need to be present on Sundays for Sunday School and worship, on Wednesday evenings for youth ministries and at other church and youth events.
Qualifications: While a college degree in ministry or education is preferred, we would also consider an individual with post-secondary education who has experience in youth ministry or education. This person will need to be self-motivated, have a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and a desire and ability to interact with a variety of youth. Organization skills, communication skills, and the ability to recruit, encourage and manage a team of volunteers, while also working with youth, parents, staff and the community at large will be needed.
Description of Duties: We are looking for an individual to plan, promote and direct the Christian education of our youth through a wide range of studies and activities including, but not limited to mission trips, retreats, Bible studies, holiday programs and summer events. Our director will need to work within the guidelines of our church’s Safe Sanctuary policy while holding youth and volunteers responsible for doing so as well.
Headland UMC is a growing church within a growing community in Henry County, Alabama, located just a few miles from Dothan, Alabama and just two hours from Panama City Beach, Florida. Our Sunday worship attendance averages about 150, with 25-35 youth on Sundays and Wednesdays. We are blessed with a fantastic staff and amazing volunteers. Resumes can be sent to Rev. Misty Barrett, 103 West King Street, Headland, Alabama 36345, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check us out on our website: www.headlandumc.org or on Facebook at Headland United Methodist Church.
Middle School Ministry Director
Foothills Community Church, Molalla, Oregon
Foothills Community Church is nestled in the Foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range in Molalla, OR. Molalla is a beautiful growing bedroom community with a unique sense of community and a link to the past. Molalla’s unique stage of both economic and population growth has created a large opportunity for ministry. Foothills is looking to increase its influence into the community through hiring a Junior High Ministry Director.
Position Title: Middle School Ministry Director.
Foothills Community Church has grown to be one church in two locations with over 1000 people physically in attendance on the weekend across both campuses. Our campuses are alive with many activities throughout the week. At Foothills, we believe that going to church should be an experience that changes a person’s life. Church should be genuine, authentic, and relevant to the daily challenges that our students confront on a daily basis.
The Middle School Ministry Director is a full time position, which is responsible for shepherding (teaching, guiding and encouraging) 6th – 8th grade middle school students in our Molalla and the surrounding communities. The position reports directly to the Associate Pastor who oversees the direction of the youth ministry of Foothills Community Church. Through dynamic leadership, communication, and relational skills, this person will be successful in developing this vital middle school ministry as it moves forward. He or she will be responsible for coordinating their team of volunteer leaders and will equip them with strategies that advance the gospel among Molalla area students. We value our relationships within the community so this individual will cultivate meaningful partnerships with school and community members. This position is predicated on building, developing and restoring relationships with parents and students in order to better understand their needs, earning trust and influence.
The ideal applicant will have at least two years of youth ministry experience that includes creative upfront teaching, organizing and caring for volunteers and parents, mentoring middle school students. Experience serving in school and community groups with intentionality and a heart for changing Molalla spiritually, economically, and socially will be .
Job Description and Contract
Foothills Student Ministries
Middle School Ministry Director Molalla Campus 2020
Position Summary: Middle School Ministry Director
The Middle School Ministry Director will provide dynamic leadership and programming for sixth through eight graders and be influential in community schools and programs while promoting the overall vision and core values of Foothills Community Church.
Associate Pastor Sam Stuckey
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitate a dynamic middle school program on a regular basis.
Recruit, train and lead volunteers.
Plan and implement a goal oriented curriculum.
Communicate with parents and students regularly about the program in a variety of ways.
Collaborate on vision and planning strategies for program growth. Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor in charge of youth ministry. Grow and maintain a dynamic social media presence.
Develop meaningful partnerships with school and community groups. Prioritize personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
Proficiently use technology to enhance and develop dynamic programming.
Develop an awareness of middle school student’s unique social and spiritual needs in the Molalla area.
Hours: Full Time