Position Description: To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically-based ministry environments. This position will serve as a ministry director for preschool-5th grade kids and families. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Create a warm, inviting and age-appropriate environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach adults and youth who are gifted in working with children
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences
- Select, develop, and oversee implementation of age-appropriate curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Provide leadership and direction for students and leaders
- Recruit and develop team leads for each area of VBS.
- Research, evaluate and purchase curriculum and materials
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
To apply to be a part of our incredible team please, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Youth Pastor Wanted
Church Size: 500-700 average attendance
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Brookside Church is currently seeking a full time Pastor to oversee the youth ministry, as well as assisting with other ministries as directed by the Lead Pastor. Brookside is a part of the CCCU denomination (of the Wesleyan Holiness tradition) and is located just west of Chillicothe, OH. The mission of Brookside Church is to make disciples who make disciples. We are committed to a strategy (across all of our ministries) of Awaken. Commit. Transform. Share. (A.C.T.S.) Awaken to God’s love, to the depth of our own sin, and to the cost of discipleship. Commit to Christian community, growth and obedience. Transform as a result of the Holy Spirit giving us a change of heart, mind and will. Share the Good News, and what God has done in our lives, that others might come to an awakening of their own. The ministry campus currently consists of a Main Sanctuary and Administration building, a Children’s ministry building, a Senior Adult ministry center, and a Youth Center and Gymnasium. Brookside is also the host church for the preschool and elementary grades of Ross County Christian Academy, and is adjacent to Brookside Center – Retirement Community Properties.
Chillicothe, OH is located in south central Ohio and has a population of approximately 22,000. As the first and third capital of Ohio, Chillicothe has a rich historical district and is home to many parks and educational opportunities. The local economy is supported by several industries (Pixelle, Kenworth, Adena, etc.) and many government facilities (VA Hospital, Ross Correctional Institution, Chillicothe Correctional Institution). There are approximately ten different school districts from the area that are represented in the makeup of Brookside’s current youth ministry.
We are looking for someone to provide a dynamic, applicable, and Christ-centered environment that equips and enables students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who continue to make disciples. The preferred candidate would have a passion for teens and an understanding of their spiritual needs at this time of their life. Minimum of two years of experience and applicable degree are preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Plan and develop programs for youth ministry and evaluate their effectiveness.
· Meet regularly with church staff and youth ministry team to create and implement effective ministry plans and events.
· Provide spiritual direction to teens on an individual or family basis.
· Oversee budget and expenditures for the youth ministry
· Work with the governing board, church staff and volunteer leaders to achieve the goals and mission of the church.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Announcement for Director of Children and Youth Ministries at Keystone United Methodist Church, Keystone Heights, FL
Keystone United Methodist Church (KUMC) in Keystone Heights, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to serve as an integral part of the church’s staff team. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries serves children, youth, and their families in the church and community through developing, implementing, administering, and growing ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs.
The salary is competitive, commensurate with training and experience, and benefits include a monthly health benefit stipend and paid leave for: vacation leave; Holiday leave; and continuing education.
A cover letter describing your interest in the position and a statement of your personal faith
A résumé including contact information for three professional references and your employment history in church ministry for children and youth ministry positions
Send application materials by mail or email to:
Rev. Jeff Tate, Lead Pastor
Keystone United Methodist Church
4004 SR 21 SE
Keystone Heights, FL 32656
Church Phone: (352) 473-3829
Position available: Immediately
Deadline for applications: Application period is open until the position is filled.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Minister of Youth and Family
The individual we are praying for is someone.
– Who possesses a vital, personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
– Who believes that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
– Who has led others to Christ.
– Who relates well with the middle and high school students currently involved in the church.
– Who meets and builds new relationships with unchurched middle and high school students
– Who agrees with and will abide by the church’s statement of faith, mission, and policies.
– Who models Christian integrity in all areas of his/her life
– Who will be supportive of the other paid and volunteer staff of the church
– Who will seek unity in Christ’s church
• Working with the Youth Deacon and Adult Team to define short and long term goals
– Attend staff meetings
– Develop, coordinate and lead separate teams to work with High School and Middle School ministry.
– Includes Sunday morning, Awana, Bible studies, events, outreach etc… pertaining to Youth Ministry Service and Mission experiences throughout the year
– One on one relational with the youth – Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at their extracurricular activities, taking them to Starbucks, Wendys, DQ, in Ames of crisis, etc.)
– Network with other youth leaders in the area.
– Communicate as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, facebook, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, texting, etc.). Ensure communication with parents, with staff at staff meetings and the church office.
– Using home visits with youth and parents to build relationships
• The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is authorized to allocate up to $300 out of the Youth budget line at his/her discretion. Anything over $300 must have the Youth Deacon’s signature.
SUPPORT AND INPUT:
• The Youth Deacon and Team is available to support all aspects of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY’s ministry and position.
The services of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will be retained by the Elders and
Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship, which will take under advisement the sentiment of
the Lead Pastor, Youth Deacon and Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will report to and be under the supervision of the LEAD PASTOR.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is accountable to the Youth Deacon and Youth Adult Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will provide a monthly report to the Youth Deacon of his/her activities to be presented at the Deacon meetings monthly. This monthly report will consist of how the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is using their time in regards to their specific responsibilities in their job description and in achieving their goals.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will develop yearly goals in collaboration with the Youth Deacon and Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will have a yearly review of their performance and goals.
The Minister of Youth and Family will meet as needed or requested with the Deacons and/or Elders.
The service of MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will conclude with two weeks’ notice by the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY to Lead Pastor and the Elders and Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship.
The services of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY may also be released by the Elders and Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship with two weeks’ notice, taking under advisement the sentiment of the Lead Pastor, Youth Deacon and Adult Team.
This position is for 40 hours a week.
This call agreement represents the mutual understanding and covenant between Faith Community Fellowship and
Duluth First United Methodist Church is seeking that unique candidate that has a passion and possesses the gifts for both discipling students and leading and overseeing the music in our contemporary worship service.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Director of Contemporary Music – 15-20 hours
1. Work closely with the Contemporary Preaching Pastor to plan the weekly contemporary worship service, to include music, flow, visual elements, etc.
2. Lead weekly contemporary worship service.
3. Be musically proficient on at least one instrument, preferably guitar or keyboard.
4. Be proficient vocally.
5. Recruit, train, and develop individuals for contemporary music ministry.
6. Recruit, train, and develop individuals for sound, lighting, and projection teams.
7. Supervise and schedule all aspects of the worship team to include: rehearsals, preparation, song selections, etc.
8. Be proficient with Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
9. Work with Contemporary Preaching Pastor to develop yearly budget.
Associate Director of Youth Ministries – 20-25 hours
1. Work closely with the Director of Youth Ministries to oversee and give oversight to all areas of the Youth Minstry grades 6-12.
2. Recruit, train, and develop volunteer teams.
3. Work closely with the Director of Youth Ministries in finding creative and effective ways to partner with parents in the discipleship of students.
4. Work with the Director of Youth Ministries to plan weekly youth ministry gatherings, including Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, and Sunday evenings.
5. Grow and develop a team of student musicians and A/V techs to lead worship for youth gatherings.
6. Assist in planning and attend youth ministry events to include: mission trips, youth camp, retreats, etc.
7. Work with Director of Youth Ministries to develop yearly budget.
Additional Expectations and Responsibilities:
Spend time in study for personal spiritual growth.
Participate and serve as a member of the church.
Pursue continuing education that will help in ministerial and personal growth.
Attend all necessary meetings.
Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Understanding of Wesleyan theology and United Methodist doctrine.
Must have strong leadership abilities and the ability to lead and develop individuals and groups.
Ability to work cooperatively with the Director of Youth Ministries/Contemporary Pastor.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Proficient to accomplished musically on at least one instrument (preferably guitar or keyboard) and vocally.
Ability to lead worship in a manner that facilitates the congregation growing as worshippers, and not performing a show or concert.
Ability and willingness to work more than 40 hours a week when necessary.
If interested, please send resume to Rev. David Burchett at email@example.com. Please include a concise statement of faith, personal ministry objectives, at least three professional references, and a link(s) to at least two video clips of you leading worship. If these videos cannot be provided, please explain in your cover letter. Candidates receiving further consideration will be contacted on or before April 19, 2020. No phone calls at this time, please.
First Christian Church of San Angelo, TX is excited to be posting a minister opening for an Associate Minister of Children and Youth. We are searching for the right person to join our team; together we will envision the day-to-day responsibilities of the Associate Minister after learning more about the gifts and passions of the candidate.
Click HERE for a general outline of the job posting.
We are searching to fulfill a full-time position; however we are open to parenting along someone seeking a seminary education.
We will begin to review applications starting on April 20, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and/or resume on or before April 20, 2020.
All documents can be submitted through Search and Call in Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above is a link to a church profile and job description.
We are asking applicants to submit the following by March 1: (1) cover letter (with a short bio, brief philosophy of ministry, as well as any strong theological convictions/beliefs), (2) resume (with 3 references), (3) a previously created lesson and/or audio recording.
Compensation includes a salary of $29K plus a three-bedroom parsonage.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be contacted at email@example.com or they can call the church at 765-324-2484.
Our website is www.colfaxchristianchurch.org. We are on Instagram and Facebook as well.
If you have a heart for working with teenagers, love working with volunteers and training the next generation of ministry leaders then we want you. First Glance Student Center is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Program Manager to help us fulfill our mission in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Use your gifts and talents to develop and maintain the ministries of First Glance through support and guidance. Specifically providing oversight and direction of the Urban Learning Experience internship program, while supervising each Urban Learner. As well as coordinate and oversee volunteers throughout the organization. Work directly with students through leading a weekly program for students. For more details, please see the posted job description at www.firstglance.org/employment. Please submit your resume to Kasey Parmelee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Glance is a youth center that operates in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Kenmore is our home, our family & our community. For over 19 years, we’ve hosted a wide variety of programming for students of all ages. We offer teenagers and young adults a safe place where they are loved, valued and ultimately, through Christ, we provide them with hope. We have seen over 5,000 different students come through our doors and leave as a part of our family, empowered to reach their potential & become who they were created to be.
We are a vibrant Methodist church in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Our church and community are very invested in youth ministry and would love to talk with faithful, energetic followers of Jesus who like youth. Our position is currently open. Our youth ministry aims to reach and disciple students in 7th -12th grades with weekly gatherings, Sunday school, mission trips and retreats. Salary package negotiable depending on education and experience.
Dauphin Way United Methodist Church in Mobile, AL (dauphinwayumc.org) is seeking a Director of Student Ministries. Dauphin Way UMC is dedicated to making disciples who make a difference, and the discipleship of our youth is essential to this mission.
Dauphin Way averages 500 people in weekly worship attendance, with outstanding facilities and a strong team of volunteer youth leaders. We have a strong track record of local missions and community support. There are around 140 students participating in our programs with tremendous potential for growth.
The Director of Student Ministries will oversee the middle school and high school ministry (grades 6-12). This person will seek, build, and strengthen relationships with the youth, their families, and adult volunteers, as well as, enable relationships to be built between the youth and youth volunteers. The Director of Student Ministries will nurture these relationships to ensure the youth are growing in their journey of becoming disciples of Jesus Christ. The Director of Student Ministries will work closely with the Youth Ministry Team and the Pastor for Discipleship at Dauphin Way.
First United Methodist Church is seeking an individual who has the following qualifications:
- Prior experience and evidence of effectiveness in ministry with students in grades 6-12.
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey.
- Ability to lead a team with a positive spirit that supports the mission, vision, and core values of Dauphin Way UMC.
- Ability to lead people in short-term planning and long-range planning.
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong personal faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition. Although current membership in a United Methodist church is not required, the Director of Youth Ministry will be expected to become a member of Dauphin Way UMC upon employment.
Candidates interested in applying to be part of the team at Dauphin Way UMC should email a letter of interest, with an attached resume to Rev. Michael Precht at email@example.com. Questions can be directed to the church office at 251-471-1511.
Applications should be submitted by February 28, We anticipate a negotiable start date of May 1, 2020. Salary may be negotiable for candidates with extensive experience or a degree in either Christian education or youth ministry.