Director of High School Student Ministry – Florence Campus
Essential Focus: Effectively lead the Florence Campus High School Student Ministry to glorify God by…
1. evangelizing and discipling students and leaders to become a contagious and outgoing community, focused on reaching other students with the love of Jesus
2. cultivating relational depth within the ministry that reflect commitment to be followers of Jesus Christ.
1. Exemplify a Gospel-centric, missional lifestyle, striving to be in the lives of students.
2. Demonstrate winsome ability to teach and disciple others to reach others, multiplying the ministry’s reach and community impact.
3. Oversee and lead the Florence HS Ministry (approx. 100 students, 9-12 grade) in becoming a contagious community of Christ followers committed to love, spiritual growth, and change within students and leaders.
4. Continuously identify, recruit, and develop a servant-leader volunteer team that effectively cares for students with you.
5. Cultivate a culture committed to students’ spiritual growth and support initiatives that help parents care for their children.
1. Discern needs of Florence High School Student Ministry with the Campus Pastor and develop a strategy for discipling and reaching new students that will attend the Florence Campus.
2. Develop ongoing Student Ministry events that support formation of a contagious community and increase participation within the ministry.
3. Meet regularly with the other GFC Student Ministry Staff for collaboration and prayer, assuring all campuses complement one another with similar mission and values.
4. Assess the effectiveness of the Student Ministry and make needed change for improvement.
5. Provide pastoral duties as needed including, but not limited to, officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer and other needs as they arise.
1. Give testimony and life witness of (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) possessing spiritual gifts relevant to the position (shepherding, leadership, teaching, evangelism and administration), and (3) demonstrating potential to build an effective ministry.
2. Excellent communication skills and engaging personality that draws people toward participation in the ministry.
3. A proven track record faithfully leading or serving a church or ministry.
4. Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry by building teams and mobilizing volunteers.
5. Ability to lead meetings, train and teach volunteers pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
6. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
7. Able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
8. Be an active participant in the Community Group ministry.
9. Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
10. ACBC Certified within five years of hire date.
1. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
2. Must have a working knowledge of Google Suite, developing proficiency on an ongoing basis.
3. Must be personable and enthusiastic for the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
4. Must become a GFC member and operate in agreement with ministry leadership direction of GFC.
5. Must be able to assess needed job tasks; i.e., be a self-starter, define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
1. Must be a team player able to work on teams of various sizes, including campus staff, cross-campus Student Ministry staff, operations staff, part-time interns, and volunteers.
2. Must be a self-starter, operating without close supervision; exhibiting initiative to identify needs and take proactive steps to improve ministry function, as well as measuring and reporting on progress.
3. Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
4. Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
1. Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
2. Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
3. When working with others you would be known as a Peacemaker Matt 5:9.
4. Do all work abiding in Christ John 15:5, remembering all our guidance, provision, capability and strength come from Christ.
5. Humility in considering others more important (Phil. 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
1. Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
2. Includes GFC full-time benefits package (paid holidays and vacation, professional expense account, sabbatical qualification, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) with employer match, and more.
3. This position reports to the Florence Campus Pastor.
Saddlerock Evangelical Presbyterian Church is a congregation of just under 400, seeking “to intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” in beautiful central Washington state. We are looking for a full-time Director of Youth Ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry supports the mission of SEPC “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” by leading ministry for middle school and high school students. The position is responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers; the development of programming for large group time; the discipleship of students through small groups; and coordinating youth mission trips and retreats.
For more information, please check out our post on our website: https://www.saddlerockepc.org/staff-openings. If you’d like to apply, please email us your cover letter and resume!
Sunrise Community Church, in Fair Oaks, CA (Sacramento area) is seeking a full-time Student Ministries Pastor. The position is hands-on with High School and College/Young Adults, with oversight of the Middle School Director.
We desire someone who…
… Passionately loves Jesus
… Is committed to studying, teaching and living out God’s Word
… Has a heart for relating with students and growing them closer to Christ
… Has a willingness to partner with all our ministries in creating a church-wide intergenerational focus
A Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry or a related field is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years in full-time youth ministry.
You may apply online or submit Resume and Cover Letter (PDF only please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Minister develops, coordinates, and administers an effective and comprehensive ministry to middle and high school students in order to make disciples of Jesus Christ. The effective candidate
- is able to present a clear witness to faith in Jesus Christ;
- articulates a clear calling to Christian ministry;
- has a pattern of local church membership and involvement;
- affirms an evangelical and sacramental theology;
- can minister comfortably in an orthodox, Wesleyan theological environment of the United Methodist Church;
- possesses facility in teaching the Christian faith, assisting in worship, developing relationships, planning and implementing a program that seeks to make disciples of Jesus Christ, cultivating and guiding volunteers, and working with other ministry staff;
- Loves Jesus Christ and genuinely loves middle and high school students.
New Bern, NC is small (30,000), coastal town in North Carolina founded in 1710. It was the colonial capital and the first capital of North Carolina. Its history and its present are both very rich. For a panoramic view of the town, go to newbernnc.gov or to visitnewbern.com.
Garber Church passionately loves Jesus Christ and seeks effectively to make disciples.
Remuneration is based on experience. Benefits include retirement contributions, pre-tax individual coverage health care reimbursement, vacations and holidays, continuing growth opportunities
Resumes may be sent electronically to Beth Hicks at email@example.com or hardcopy to Rev. David A. Banks, Garber United Methodist Church, 4201 Country Club Road, Trent Woods, NC 28562.
This is a full-time position where the working time is about 60 percent Student Ministry and 40 percent Digital Ministry. This individual will be responsible for the oversight and vision of the student ministry at Refton BIC, as well as managing our church website, assisting the lead pastor with creating online content, and managing the technology needs of the church.
1. Committed to following Jesus with a clear calling to ministry
2. Must be excited about the vision of Refton BIC Church and committed to fostering that vision within the student ministry and technology departments
3. Must thrive in a team-based environment. This individual must be excited to be an integral part of the Refton BIC staff team through sharing their ideas, and giftedness. They also must be self-motivated to accomplish set goals
4. Demonstrate leadership with a willingness to learn, grow and be flexible
5. Must align with the Brethren in Christ values and doctrines
6. A degree that is focused on biblical studies from a Christian college is required; previous ministry experience is not required
Relationships and Term of Office:
1. Responsible to the Lead Pastor
2. Hired by the Lead Pastor with the approval of the Refton BIC Church Board
3. Will be evaluated annually by the Lead Pastor
4. Will participate in church staff team meetings
5. Party wishing resignation will give a three-month notice
Director of Refton Student Ministry [RSM]
- Lead Wednesday Night Student Ministry
Teach weekly, biblical lessons that are faithful to the text and applicable to life as a teenager. Answer faith questions from the teens. Teach the teens how to share their faith and provide them with opportunities to do so.
- Work with adult and student leaders
Develop and work with a team of adult and student leaders. Be able to delegate responsibilities within youth events. Provide training opportunities for adult and student leaders.
- Work with parents
Keep parents informed of upcoming events and what is happening within RSM. Provide training opportunities as needed.
- Work with church staff
Be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Keep up with the church website and social media
Utilize our church website and social media outlets to keep people informed and to stay connected.
- Be involved with the students, leaders, parents and community
Create experiences to hang out with the students that are in accordance with our church safety policy. Keep in close contact with the adult leaders. Support and inform parents. Be willing to meet and be introduced to other youth pastors in our surrounding communities, forming bonds and potentially working with them for the cause of Christ.
Director of Digital Ministry [Technology / Internet Content]
- Maintain the church website and app
Keep the website updated with sermons and Refton BIC events. Add announcement and emergency posts. Train capable ministry leaders to add their own content to the church website and app. Be open to researching and implementing better website and app options if the opportunity or need arises.
- Work directly with the lead pastor to create online media content
Be able to produce quality online content for our church website and social media. This includes video/audio/image production and editing.
- Work with church staff and other ministry leaders
Make sure that the technology needs of the church staff and other ministry leaders are met. Assist them with research and implementation of church apps and programs [ex: Planning Center]. Help with any PC related questions or issues from the church staff.
- PC upgrades and updates
Responsible for PC hardware and software upgrades/updates within our church.
- Work to resolve PC / network / cloud / video surveillance issues if they arise
Ideally you would be able to resolve the minor issues that come up, but you would also be able to work with Comcast, our website host, domain provider, or other tech companies if serious issues occur.