Hope City Church is looking for a leader who is excited about reaching students and engaging families here in Sarasota, Florida. We are a church that is #FORtheNextGeneration. And we are hiring a Youth Pastor that will help lead our student ministry to love, care, and serve students & their friends.
Hope City Youth Mission: Partner with parents to help students develop a faith that engages!
Big Win: Create an environment that reproduces servant leaders who encourage and celebrate the spiritual growth of students in partnership with their parents.
● Ability to lead teams effectively
● Passion for the Church, Hope City’s vision, students, and serving others
● Committed to the well-being and success of Hope City Students
● Organized, driven, practical and goal-oriented leadership
● Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
● Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
● Professional representation of Hope City and the Lord in all things
If this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Head over to www.HopeCitySRQ.com/youthstaff and check out the video for more info, and then email Robyn@hopecitysrq.com with your resume & cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Director of Student Ministries, Headland United Methodist Church, Headland, Alabama
HUMC is seeking a fun, vivacious, Christ centered individual for a full-time salaried position interested in guiding, mentoring and loving our youth (grades 6-12) as they grow in their faith. As a United Methodist church, we are seeking someone who understands our doctrine, has a strong faith, and a love for and ability to work with teens both in groups and individually. He/She will need to be present on Sundays for Sunday School and worship, on Wednesday evenings for youth ministries and at other church and youth events.
Qualifications: While a college degree in ministry or education is preferred, we would also consider an individual with post-secondary education who has experience in youth ministry or education. This person will need to be self-motivated, have a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and a desire and ability to interact with a variety of youth. Organization skills, communication skills, and the ability to recruit, encourage and manage a team of volunteers, while also working with youth, parents, staff and the community at large will be needed.
Description of Duties: We are looking for an individual to plan, promote and direct the Christian education of our youth through a wide range of studies and activities including, but not limited to mission trips, retreats, Bible studies, holiday programs and summer events. Our director will need to work within the guidelines of our church’s Safe Sanctuary policy while holding youth and volunteers responsible for doing so as well.
Headland UMC is a growing church within a growing community in Henry County, Alabama, located just a few miles from Dothan, Alabama and just two hours from Panama City Beach, Florida. Our Sunday worship attendance averages about 150, with 25-35 youth on Sundays and Wednesdays. We are blessed with a fantastic staff and amazing volunteers. Resumes can be sent to Rev. Misty Barrett, 103 West King Street, Headland, Alabama 36345, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check us out on our website: www.headlandumc.org or on Facebook at Headland United Methodist Church.
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Weekly Attendance: 250
Denomination: Converge Worldwide
Location: Wooster, Ohio
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
New Hope is a healthy church in all areas, financially, team moral, clarity of vision, and unified mission. We are currently seeing growth in attendance, discipleship, and leadership development. Because of the growth, we are looking for the right person to help us grow in two key ministry areas: Students & Worship. This role will also remove a growth barrier and free our leadership team to them focus on their specific giftedness and ministry.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Wooster has a population of 27,000 and and is the principal municipality of Wayne County (pop. 116K). According to our demographic research there are nearly 78,000 that do not attend church on a regular basis. This is our heartbeat… to reach those 78K with the message of the gospel.
Wooster and Wayne County is the home to many great public and privately held corporations, including Smuckers, Schaeffler (Luk), Artiflex, Frito-lay, Wooster Brush, and more. Wayne County is the home of three college/university campuses including the College of Wooster, Ohio State University ATI, and Wayne College (Akron University).
Ohio Magazine chose Wooster as one of its 12th annual Best Hometowns because of its strong sense of community, access to arts and culture and thriving downtown with a host of shops and restaurants that draw residents and visitors alike. Wooster is a great town to raise a family with a strong sense of community. It has a small town feel with big city amenities. Wooster is conveniently located 1hr from Cleveland, 1.5hr from Columbus, 30min to Akron/Canton and Mansfield.
IN A SENTENCE:
The goal of this position is to create excellent environments for students (6th-12th grade) to grow in foundational truths, helping them experience God’s presence through discipleship, and create engaging worship for Sunday gatherings.
A. Student Ministries (75%)
1. Create and lead a system to build and reproduce adult and student leaders
2. Find or create a curriculum to lead students towards a love for God’s Word
3. Build relationships and partner with key youth programs and schools in area
4. Give leadership and oversight to all Student Ministries gatherings
5. Plan and implement special events or outreaches throughout the year
B. Worship Ministry (25%)
1. Learn & develop skills in worship programming & technology including Lights, Projection, & Sound
2. Lead or Co-lead worship during weekend gatherings
3. Lead or Co-lead worship during student ministry gatherings
4. Lead worship rehearsals & huddles on Sunday morning or other times as needed
5. Develop volunteers, build teams and maintain schedules
– Preparing for Wednesday Student ministries: Messages, worship, games, & groups
– Weekly worship planning for Weekend Gatherings & Wed. Student Ministries
– Prepare for gatherings using Planning Center
– Schedule Volunteers
– Make sure A/V systems are ready
– Meet with and invest in student leaders
– Leads Worship rehearsal
– Runs gathering walk-thru
– Problem solves issues and last minute details
– Leads all aspects of worship gathering flow
– Previous experience in worship leading and/or instrumentalist in worship band in diverse worship settings and styles
– Able to read and write chord charts
– Able to lead worship rehearsals
– Able to build teams and coordinate schedules
– Some computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Planning Center, Database (will train you on these)
– Good communication skills, written and verbal
– Time Required: Full-time Pastoral Position
Pay: Commensurate with experience ($35K-$42K)
APPLICATION DETAILS. TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, application, and video/audio* of worship leading and teaching to…
OR MAIL TO:
New Hope Church
ATTN: Student Pastor / Worship Leader Position
969 Blachleyville Rd. Wooster, OH 44691
*Audio/Video of you leading worship required to be considered.
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
Are you a visionary with great leadership skills? Libertyville Covenant Church in Libertyville, IL is seeking a dedicated team player to lead our children’s ministry. This is a part-time (30 hours) position that oversees our Sunday morning and Wednesday evening children’s programs. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy for children’s ministry who can train and develop volunteers, facilitate small group teaching and create fun and biblical children’s programs. Must be an excellent team player with great communication skills.
Libertyville Covenant Church is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. You can visit our denomination website here: https://covchurch.org
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ; commitment to prayer / ongoing spiritual formation.
2. Supports and agrees to the LCC, Central Conference, and Evangelical Covenant Church statement of faith and mission.
3. Desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
4. Demonstrate and develop deep and meaningful relationships with children and families.
5. Demonstrate ability to be firm and gentle simultaneously, particularly in areas of discipline.
6. Will become an active member of LCC.
7. Experience in Christian Ministries with children.
8. Excellent relationship-building skills with parents and lay volunteers
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to recruit, supervise, motivate, train, and organize lay volunteers
11. Ability to initiate tasks and follow through on details on a self-monitored basis.
12. Ability (and desire) to work as a deeply collaborative team member with staff, lay volunteers, and the church body as a whole.
13. Ability to vision and implement needed resources to meet the needs of children and families. 14. Preferred education/degree in Education, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
1. Ultimately responsible to the Christian Education and Discipleship (CED) leadership team and to the Church Council.
2. Direct report to the Associate Pastor to Youth, as we seek to strengthen the continuum of ministry from Nursery -> Children’s Ministry -> Youth Ministry
3. Active participation in LCC staff meetings and CED leadership team meetings.
4. Meet with Mutual Ministries team on a regular basis for encouragement and accountability.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Responsible for the leadership, visioning, oversight, and support of LCC Nursery & Children’s ministries including Sunday School, Wednesday night Kids Club, Children’s Church, and occasional retreats / special events. Nursery leadership is expected to consist of oversight & planning, with separate funds available to pay stipends to qualified Nursery workers, if required.
2. Recruitment, scheduling, training, coordination and monitoring of volunteers.
3. In partnership with the CED leadership team, selecting curriculum for all children’s ministries in alignment with the overall LCC ministry vision. Each year we designate an annual theme upon which we align mission activities. 2019/2020 is the year of Discipleship.
4. Develop and communicate the Children’s Ministries calendar.
5. Empowered to lead, with an expectation of active collaboration with CED and Pastoral staff – developing future visioning for Nursery & Children’s Ministry in alignment with Youth Ministry and the broader congregation. We desire to see Children fully participate in all aspects of the life and ministry of LCC.
6. Monitor, coordinate and acquire all required classroom materials; organize clean-up process / systems for all Children’s Ministry areas.
7. Encourage, assist and pray for children’s ministry volunteers. CED will oversee the LCC Safety Policy (i.e. updating, setting up and facilitating training sessions for all volunteers)
8. Create and effectively manage ministry within an established budget.
9. Communicate consistently to parents and the church through announcements, newsletter and website.
10. Collaborate with LCC staff and CED to develop resources and tools to give parents both opportunities and support to be spiritual leaders at church and at home.
11. Monitor that all LCC Safety Policies are implemented and adhered to for all Nursery & Children’s ministries and volunteers.
SALARY: Hourly rate, commensurate with experience, approximately 30 hours per week. Letters of interest / CVs can be submitted to email@example.com