High School Pastor – (Grades 11 & 12)
The Church – North Coast Church / Vista Campus
We are a Bible teaching, multi-site church with 13,000 attenders on seven campuses in North San Diego county. Our mission is to make disciples in a healthy church environment. The Vista campus is the hub of our multi-site church and it features multiple simultaneous adult worship venues and full census children and student ministries. You can choose the style of worship that you like and still enjoy the same great teaching in every venue. On weekdays you will find classes, workshops, student events, small groups, recovery programs and more meeting on campus. North Coast Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church.
The Ministry – High School / Eleventwelve (11/12)
Eleventwelve is a unique High School ministry for Juniors and Seniors at our Vista campus. Due to size and complexity we separated grades 9/10 and 11/12 about 12 years ago and each program has completely different rooms, staff, events, camps, budgets, etc. The 11/12 ministry attracts between 300-350 students a week and runs both weekend and midweek services based around large and small group programs. We are not an attractional ministry interested in big events, concerts, or game nights, but rather a young adult ministry committed to creating disciples who’s faith will not be rocked by university professors or cultural influences. We believe that community and real truth are fundamental to a faith in Christ and eleventwelve is designed to secure a strong understanding and practice of both. We have an incredible team of staff, small group leaders, and volunteers who provide a safe place to belong and deal with the real things that happen in High School and life.
- Small groups are the core of the ministry and essential to the discipleship model of our church.
- Midweek programs are in-home small groups that are focused on weekend sermons.
- Weekend program and teaching are geared for young adults and could be desribed as “college level.”
- Weekend services for Eleventwelve take place on Saturday night at 5:30pm and Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00am; there is also a Sunday night service.
The Position – What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates with a contagious walk with Jesus, a proven track record in youth ministry and a “family fit” on our campus team. We are also looking for:
- Track record of sound biblical teaching and a solid grasp of apologetics and lifelong discipleship – a degree in theology/biblical studies is highly preferred
- Track record of healthy team building, recruiting, staff development, leading and equipping a large group
- Passion for God, students, family and the church
- Off the charts people skills
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, photo (or FB/Insta link), and video link of him/her speaking to: email@example.com
We are the Body of Christ called to be Jesus in every neighborhood in our city and beyond.
Unity: We seek to promote unity in the Body of Christ
Grace, Truth and Faith: We offer grace, stand for the truth, and live by faith.
Family: We embrace the family as the core teaching and discipling center.
Inclusivity: We invite all people to belong to Christ’s community regardless.
Every Believer a Minister: We view every believer as a minister.
Prayer: We seek God in all decisions through prayer.
Neighborhood: We organize our efforts around neighborhoods.
Job Title: Student Minister
Department: Campus Life
Reports to: Family Minister
Job Class: Professional
Direct Reports: Student Ministry Directors, Ministry Assistant, Student Ministry Interns and Volunteers
Minister Designation: YES
Work Week: Weekend Services through Thursday
Job Summary: Serves as the point spiritual and visionary leader for Student Ministry at Oak Hills Church (OHC). Develops, implements and fosters a thriving culture and ministry to students and their parents. Exercises direct supervision over staff and voluntary personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Executes OHC Student Ministry Plan in order to build a strong growing ministry to Middle School and High School students and their families.
2. Leads and develops a healthy staff team by promoting a culture of collaboration, ownership, empowerment, accountability and fun.
3. Serves as the primary teacher, trainer, and lead communicator for the Student Ministry; including High School weekend experiences, large-group student gatherings, small groups, and events for parents and leaders.
4. Creates an inviting culture where students want to bring their friends to weekly worship gatherings.
5. Recruits, trains, evaluates, and cultivates teams of adult and student volunteer leaders.
6. Builds and maintains quality relationships with students and parents through ministry involvement, community involvement, weekly communication, encouragement, responsiveness, and support.
7. Builds a Student Ministry that is highly intentional about equipping parents and partnering with them to make the family the primary environment for faith formation.
8. Manages and participates in the annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for the assigned area. Monitors and approves expenditures; directs and implements budgetary adjustments as necessary.
9. Ensures the effectiveness of all systems necessary for sustaining a thriving ministry, including database, calendar, communication, student follow-up processes and child protection policies.
10. Develops and executes events including, but not limited to camps, retreats, local serve projects, mission trips, etc.
11. Leads students to participate in the larger life of the campus beyond the Student Ministry.
12. Performs pastoral ministry duties such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, hospital visits, counseling and prayer as needed.
13. Attends assigned staff meetings, trainings, and events, solicits and relays information, participates in problem solving, and provides recommendations for policy changes and program development to direct report.
14. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college. Graduate degree in Ministry, Biblical Studies or related field. preferred.
2. Five (5) years of student ministry leadership experience in a medium to large church context.
3. Experience can substitute for education.
4. Valid Texas ‘C’ Driver’s License (only if needed).
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Christian biblical foundation and principles.
2. Knowledge of adolescent spiritual development.
3. Knowledge of relational intelligence, grace and cross-cultural sensitivity.
4. Knowledge of personal/project management principles, administration practices, organization techniques, and methodologies.
5. Knowledge of budget development, expense tracking/reporting and administration.
6. Knowledge of computer office applications and equipment.
7. Knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary.
8. Ability to develop leaders and team members for effective ministry.
9. Ability to build and promote a team culture through relational collaboration and motivating team members.
10. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
11. Ability to plan, organize projects and prepare detailed reports and presentations.
12. Ability to use computers and a variety of software applications.
13. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means using English grammar and vocabulary.
14. Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and guests
15. Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
OHC Staff Expectations:
1. Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
3. Personally engaged with OHC mission, vision and strategy.
4. Actively engaged in the OHC mission to be Christ where you work, live and play.
5. Attend Life with Oak Hills and become an OHC member within three (3) months of employment.
6. Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.
7. Consistently model the Staff Behavioral Values:
A. We Abide in Christ First
B. We Are Better Together
C. We Give the Gift of Trust
D. We Commit to Truth in Love
E. We Are All In
F. We Pursue a Biblical Approach to Life and Work
All interested candidates may visit our website at www.oakhillschurch.com/jobs to complete and application.
PURPOSE: To lead middle school, high school and college students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ by creating an atmosphere in which Christian and uncommitted students are drawn to explore the faith; provide leadership and supervision for student ministry programs, including Sunday morning programming, midweek programming, small groups, retreats, mission experiences and special events. The primary role of this Director/Assistant Pastor is to teach, lead, and administer in the area of student ministries in alignment with Glenkirk’s mission in such a way that students and leaders experience spiritual growth.
1. Invite students to join in the journey of becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus, loving God and His world. Empowering them to know Jesus, serve Him, find life in Him and follow Him.
2. Lead dynamic weekly programs that reach unchurched students and draw students into committed discipleship, teaching them the Scriptures and the way of Jesus. Select and implement appropriate curriculum
3. Recruit, train, and lead volunteer teams to minister to students.
4. Involve parents in the Student Ministries, assuring that they are informed and have voice in the ministry.
5. Integrate students into church ministries, including a natural flow from the children’s to student ministries and into all church involvement.
6. Responsibly manage the student ministries budget.
7. Participate in worship leadership as requested and attend weekly worship.
8. Collaborate with Student Ministry Team
9. Participate in all staff meetings, retreats, and church activities as requested.
10. Various duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
11. Supervise/mentor the Assistant Director of Student Ministries and interns
· Be in agreement with Glenkirk’s statement of faith and ECO’s essential tenets.
· B.A. that includes theological or ministry education and/or progress on a masters level degree in theology, ministry, or equivalent field.
· Be able to articulate the Christian faith in a way that is engaging to students and families.
· High standards of personal integrity in all contexts.
· Be loving, collegial, and humble in their relationships among staff and families.
· Be able to demonstrate significant organizational and supervisory skills, creating teams around innovative ideas.
· Have strong communication skills.
· Be a trainer and leader of volunteer staff.
· This position will require previous experience in leading dynamic student ministries.
POSITION: Youth Pastor
REPORTS TO: Operations/Administrative Pastor
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt, full-time salaried
WORK HOURS: Approximately 40 hours per week
Sundays from 9am-2pm
Some nights and weekends for youth events and small groups
ABOUT CORNERSTONESF: CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to worship Jesus, and learn about Him for 60-ish minutes in a casual, yet sacred space. So no matter which campus you’re at, our mission is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life with Him.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s youth ministry strives to lead middle school (6th-8th) and high school (9th-12th) students into an authentic relationship with Jesus, while creating life-giving relationships with leaders and each other. We want our students to be spiritually alive and unified in Christ! We are looking for a Youth Pastor to join our amazing team and partner with us and God in what He is doing in the city of San Francisco.
The Youth Pastor will be responsible for the overall vision and direction of the youth ministry, day to day operations, and everything in between. This includes but is not limited to running weekly youth services and teaching regularly, recruiting and leading the volunteer team, pouring into the lives of students in various capacities, planning and executing events and away camps, effectively manage ministry budget, and more.
The Youth Pastor will be someone who loves Jesus deeply, is spiritually mature, has experience in youth ministry (preferably in a large city and a multi-campus church), has excellent communication skills, effectively connects with and relates to teenagers, and is outreach-minded. He or she should also be teachable, self-aware, good with people, passionate, reliable, and someone who takes initiative. They should be a leader who is empathetic, discerning, loving, kind, and full of energy. And of course, they should LOVE youth!
Provide strong leadership of youth department, including day to day operations and long-term vision and direction
Lead weekly Sunday youth services, including scheduling the volunteers, engaging with new families, teaching, and more
Recruit and lead the youth team, which includes identifying excellent candidates, interviewing, on-boarding, training, and building ongoing relationships to mobilize a highly competent team
Disciple students and connect with them weekly both one-on-one and in small groups in order to support their spiritual growth and development
Plan and execute monthly or quarterly events and away camps for middle and high school, with careful attention to outreach and community engagement
Administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, sending e-newsletters, some social media engagement, and communicating with volunteers and parents
Effectively administer ministry budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Spiritual maturity with a lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment to Christ
5+ Years of youth ministry experience, preferably in a large city and multi-campus church
A bachelor’s degree preferably in Christian Ministry related field
Passion for teens and leading them to Jesus
Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with teens
Passionate about outreach initiatives and excited to partner with the church to reach the unchurched
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Hardworking team player who is self-aware, eager to learn, and takes initiative
Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
Empathetic, discerning, compassionate
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Excels at time management
Commitment to the church body outside of youth ministry, including attending weekly Sunday service, supporting body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group
Reliable transportation is required; providing occasional rides for students is a bonus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Present at all corporate events and services such as Worship and Communion, Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, as well as monthly staff meetings and annual staff planning retreats.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: High School Ministry Resident
Reports To: Student Ministry Pastor
Description of Church:
Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus church of 2,200 located in Knoxville, TN. For the past 20 years we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God’s love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training residents to be the best pastors possible.
Our high school ministry has over 150 students regularly involved and is averaging 100 on a weekly basis at our Wednesday night gathering, Fuel. We have experienced substantial growth over the past several years and need a gifted female to add to our staff.
The purposes of the resident positions in Student Ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full-time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service
- To give those considering full-time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness
Resident will be ultimately accountable to and under the supervision of the Student Ministry Pastor.
- Have contact with students on a weekly basis
- Actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs. This may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- Involved in planning and running summer mission trips
- Involved in staff meetings and resident training sessions
- Spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- Assist in recruitment, training and nurture of volunteers
- Actively involved in leading and equipping small groups
- Help with whatever ongoing administrative tasks might need to be done
- Have set office time each week to be available to assist student ministry staff
- Help in giving lessons and teaching on Wednesday nights
Weekly Involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- Fuel, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Intern development process
Hours: 40+ hours a week
Commitment: Two year commitment
- Salary + housing provided
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- One free frisbee golf disc
- Unlimited supply of M&M’s
- Two weeks of paid vacation during the year
Comp Days: If you have worked a significant amount of extra hours in a week for various reasons (retreats, camps, etc) then you will be allowed to have time off during the next week to compensate for the extra hours. Always check with your supervisor before taking Comp Days.
Sundays: Part of life in church ministry is working on Sundays! In order to give you an accurate picture of what it will be like if you go into church ministry, we ask that you attend church and volunteer on Sundays during service
Job Interviews: The nature of this internship is to train and send. Therefore we give you time off for your job/seminary interviews that may come about during the second half of the residency year.
Expenses: You will have access to a monthly stipend to spend on ministry related expenses (meals with students, games, recreation, etc).
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years volunteer experience at a church, camp, or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Things to check out:
- instagram: fuel2rc
- facebook: fuel2rc
- website: www.2rc.tv
My Title: High School Pastor
Purpose of Ministry: To equip and empower leadership teams to lead and develop volunteers to show the love of Jesus and help students become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Scope (coverage or expanse of Ministry): Youth Leadership Team, Youth Volunteers, 9-12th grade students and their parents.
Responsibilities and Authority:
1. Recruit, train and retain volunteers for Youth Ministry (A/I)
2. Create and execute ministry plan for reaching high school students in the community. (A/I)
3. Write and practice messages for week and weekend programming. (A)
4. Plan and execute yearly events for High School Students. (A/I)
5. Track mid-week and weekend attendance by sending numbers to Stephen and keep personal record. Keep records of student attendance and create system of follow up (A)
6. Update goals Quarterly unless needed sooner. (A)
7. Oversee the leadership journey for leaders on moving them to become fully devoted followers of Christ (members). (A/I)
8. Foster easy and fast communication through social media and emails to update parents on what is happening in youth ministries. (A)
I report to: Stephen Salmon
Reporting directly to me are: Youth Leadership team
I work closely with: Stephen Salmon, Ethan Benson, Emily Cady, Jaime Middleton, Youth leadership team, and interns!
In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for the highest results. We value professionalism from our staff and excellence in our stewardship.
We are currently doing incarnational ministry with teens at many military installations around the world. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military program, known as Club Beyond, at Fort Sam Houston in Texas. The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with military culture is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
1. Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation, and the chapel community.
2. Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
3. Work well in an environment that sees a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains, and volunteers.
4. Be respectful of and embrace a community of military culture.
A deep love for Christ and lost teens
A passion for people and the ability to work well with others
Willingness to make a three-year commitment
Youth ministry experience preferred
College degree preferred.
Willingness to raise most of their salary through personal support
Cascade Community Church is a Bible-believing church family of 90+ members located in a small community in the mountains of rural Idaho. We are located just two hours north of Boise, Idaho, a metropolitan area of over 300,000 residents, and only moments from outdoor recreational areas to enjoy. We are a congregation focused on outreach ministry to our community and the world beyond, with an emphasis on youth. Our vision statement is “Change the world from here: One child at a time; one student at a time; one family at a time; one disciple at a time.”
We are looking for a young man of unquestionable character living in accordance with the Word of God to be a full-time Youth Pastor. The ideal candidate has a heart for youth such that he will endeavor to see the youth of our community fall deeper in love with Jesus, grow in their spiritual development, and learn to love others as God loves us. The primary role of the youth pastor is to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to love God and love people. The youth pastor also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. The youth pastor is responsible for planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grade seven through twelve.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows: develop the vision and curriculum for youth ministry, lead Sunday, mid-week, and other youth gatherings or events, provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to local students and parents during times of difficulty and major crisis, oversee youth ministry staff and volunteers, , and develop relationships with the local educational community to share Christ’s love at schools and draw students to the church’s youth ministry.
The requirements for this position are as follows: be called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word to students, undergraduate degree preferred but not required, prior experience in student ministry, excellent computer and social media skills, outstanding communication skills both verbal and written, affinity for young people, and ability and interest in leading mission trips.
Please submit all questions, letters of interest, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UALC, a thriving two campus church in Columbus, OH is seeking a full-time Director of High School Ministries. This position is part of a dynamic staff team dedicated to cohesive spiritual growth across all ages. Full job description and online application available at www.ualc.org/application.
At Wayzata Community Church, we believe the church of today and tomorrow begins with students and their families. The Director of High School Ministry will provide leadership and direction to all aspects of WCC’s high school ministry. The Director of High School Ministry will be capable of overseeing and providing innovative, sustainable and reproducible ministry systems for maximum spiritual impact with high school students from a 30,000 foot level to a tactical, on-the-ground level. The Director of High School Ministry will be a creative leader of leaders and inspirational advocate for future generations of the Church. At the core of the Director of High School Ministry should be an inclusive, meaningful, faith forward life that inspires families with the love of Jesus.
Primary Roles of the Position
Innovation: Develop and oversee innovative programs and faith formation opportunities, anchored in the relational ministry model, that invite all members of the student population to explore and develop on their path as followers of Jesus
Provide relevant, interactive opportunities for students to engage in the church and the greater community as servant leaders
Collaborate as an active member of WCC’s Family Ministry Team as it seeks to faithfully respond to the ever changing realities of ministry, culture and family life
Engage in consistent personal and professional development
Communication: Direct all aspects of communication with our student population providing ongoing leadership that ensures an accessible and expansive presence on a variety of social media platforms
Coordinate and direct appropriate communication with volunteer adult leaders and High School Ministry Board to ensure
students and families are engaged and connected to all aspects of WCC’s high school ministry
Oversee and provide timely and informative communication and support to parents of high school students, WCC staff and the wider church regarding high school programs and offerings
Equipping: Create and lead ongoing leadership development for volunteer adult leaders focusing on both relational ministry concepts and faith formation
Cultivate and develop student leadership opportunities and training
Establish and implement, in conjunction with members of the Family Ministry Team and Minister of Mission, offerings to expand and enlarge adult engagement with high school students in all aspects of faith development
- Reports to Minister of Faith Formation
- Member of Family Ministry Team (High School, Middle School, Elementary,Early Childhood, Camp and Special Needs)
- High School Ministry Board
- Innovative Architect – Keeper of the “why”, a visionary with a growth mindset energized by creative planning.
- Genuine – True to self, honest, vulnerable, authentic, approachable.
Missional – Mission experience-minded, neighborhood-focused, believes thatchurch happens outside of church.
- Communicator – Multi-faceted, has the ability to interact effectively with numerous teams and stakeholders (families, staff, students, board) simultaneously, sermonizes, listens to understand.
- Equipper – A recruiter, builds teams (students, lay leaders, staff teammates), trains, empowers, sets others up for success.
- Relevant – Current, fun, personable, attracts others.
Faith-Forward – Ability to clearly articulate a current, lived faith experience.
- Relational – Fully committed to a relational ministry paradigm, makes faith matter to students.
- Experience and Education
- A faith anchored life and willingness to embrace and support the relational ministry model of Wayzata Community Church
- Commitment to life-long discipleship in self and in the lives of others
- Comfort with WCC’s mission of inclusion and celebration of its diversity of faith philosophies
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- 5 or more years’ experience in youth ministry or related eld
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with proven skills in administration of programs (budgeting, time management, vendor contracts)
- Proven expertise with technology and social media
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, reach, use hands/ fingers (dexterity) and lift up to 40 pounds
- Youth Ministry degree and/or Masters of Divinity
- Camp Ministry experience
- Wayzata Community Church (WCC) has been helping people with their faith journeys for over 130 years. Today the church has grown to engage nearly 3,000 confirmed members, hundreds of children, young people and friends of the congregation. It has become a physical and spiritual landmark in the lives of its members and the Wayzata neighborhood.
OUR VISION: Inspire the world with the inclusive love of Jesus.
- To be a caring community drawn together by God’s grace and called to personally live out Christ’s love.
- To actively extend a welcome invitation to all people, embracing each other with uncompromising compassion.
- To boldly challenge our own complacency through courageous conversation and transformational worship.
- To relentlessly share our extraordinary gifts through life-changing mission and service—near and far.
The purpose of all of our family ministries is building bridges with children, youth, and their families through relational experiences of God’s love, to inspire the world.
- Relational: Centered on building relationships, inclusive, and compassionate Challenging: Transformational & questioning
- Integrity: Consistent, transparent, & character-driven
- Faithful: Rooted in the way of Jesus
- Missional: sent into the world to create beauty Safe: Boundaries, equipped and prepared Woo: Inviting and attractional
- Fun: Ministry should be exciting
- Excellence: We commit to give our all
To learn more about Wayzata Community Church please visit www.wayzatacommunitychurch.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with any questions, to Erik Nymo at email@example.com