Lead Student Pastor (Oversight of College, High School, Middle School Staff & Ministries)
Weekly Attendance: 2,800
Named as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest-growing churches in 2018-2019, Immanuel is passionate about engaging the community in its mission to lead people to Jesus and equip disciples in their faith.
Since its birth in 1909, Immanuel, a multi-generational body of Jesus followers, has been known for its commitment in building strong community inside and outside the walls of the church while providing a warm and welcoming environment to encounter and worship God, and an unwavering commitment to teaching the truth found in God’s Word. As a church, Immanuel is committed to ministering to the entire family, and in all our ministries, communicating Jesus Christ is the answer to our deepest needs.
Sundays at Immanuel are an exciting time of engaging worship and practical, biblical teaching aimed to point our hearts and minds to Jesus. Immanuel also provides opportunities on Sundays to grow in our love for God through small groups at every age and stage of life.
Immanuel’s impact increases throughout the week as the property serves as a preschool and elementary campus for Lexington Christian Academy, and is home to a fully supported Recreation Outreach Center providing thousands of members with cardio and strength conditioning facilities, two basketball courts, and group fitness classes.
Immanuel also has outstanding space for weekly student worship with breakout rooms and areas for recreation, discipleship, and community. Having recently grown to two campuses within the city, Immanuel is excited for the opportunity to expand the reach of the Gospel beyond Lexington with new campuses launching within the bluegrass region in 2021 and beyond.
LEAD STUDENT PASTOR CANDIDATE:
Immanuel is seeking a highly motivated follower of Christ to serve as Lead Student Pastor. As a natural visionary and implementer of ideas and processes, the candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the authority to make autonomous decisions to further the goals laid out by the executive leadership team. Immanuel is fully committed to building one of the strongest student ministries in Central Kentucky. That commitment comes in the form of resources, facilities, personnel, and dedication to building partnerships with local middle and high schools.
If coming from a church staff, the candidate must be someone who has been in a church of 1,500+ average weekend attendees. The ideal candidate will have four years or more experience in full-time ministry, experience leading volunteer teams effectively, a passion for the church’s vision, people, and serving the Kingdom. This leader needs to be committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of the student ministry. This is a great opportunity for a person who is spurred on by challenges and ready to build a ministry from the ground up with the full support of the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership.
Preferred candidates include a seminary degree, experience in managing staff and volunteer teams, experiencing in planning and executing summer camps, and experience partnering with local middle school and high schools. Experience leading student ministry in regards to multi-site campuses is a plus as well as experience leading college/university ministry.
Has a mature and growing walk with Christ.
Has a passion to lead students to Jesus and equip disciples.
Invests in personal growth and fosters this growth within his family unit.
Values the leadership and staff culture of the church.
Fully embraces the vision, mission, and theology of Immanuel Baptist Church.
Has a proven track record of discipling students.
Has a strong gift of leadership.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Health insurance with supplemented premiums
Retirement plan match
Life insurance 2x salary
Paid sick time
Continuing education stipend
Family membership to Recreation Outreach Center
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO TAKE NEXT STEPS TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO: https://ibclex.com/jobs
Trinity Church is a family of Jesus followers ROOTED IN JESUS AND REACHING OUR WORLDS.
We pursue this mission primarily through engaging worship services, life changing relationships found in small groups, Biblically-based discipleship and intentional influence in our relational worlds.
Our Core Values
• You belong here
• The Bible is God’s Story given to transform you and to be the authority in your life
• Your calling is to influence your world with Jesus
• We pursue spiritual growth and life-change in community
• God loves your family and so do we
• You are designed with a role in mind
To provide spiritual leadership to Trinity Church primarily through:
To provide spiritual leadership to Trinity Church primarily through:
To give oversight, direction and leadership to Trinity’s high school ministry
To recruit, train, develop and oversee volunteer ministry staff
To disciple young people at crucial stages of transition in their lives so that they are equipped to live of Jesus’ influence in their relational world
To develop a multi-level program that addresses the spiritual needs of non-Christians, casual Christians, growing Christians and deeply committed Christians
To minister to young people, in the context of their families, and to support and assist parents of adolescents
To maintain appropriate personal contact for friendship and counseling with students and youth staff
To prepare and administer the high school ministry budget
To regularly collaborate with the Student Ministries team to maintain consistency, teamwork, and shared values.
To lead the high school ministry consistent with the overall church ministry philosophy and discipleship strategy
To continually evaluate the ministry under his supervision and to keep current on youth needs and strategies to meet those needs
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the High School Director include:
- Plan & facilitate Tuesday night youth group for high school students
- Plan & facilitate additional weekly discipleship opportunity for high school students
- Write/ adapt curriculum (small groups, summer discipleship program, retreats, etc)
- Develop student leaders
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer ministry staff
- Recruit, train, and shepherd paid ministry staff (if applicable)
- Meet with students: counseling, relationship building
- Meet with parents
- Plan & facilitate age appropriate events for high school students
- Outreach events
- Service opportunities
- Community building events
- Camps/ retreats
- Local school campus involvement
To effectively serve as the High School Director of Trinity Church, an individual must meet some basic qualifications.
An individual of growing spiritual maturity who demonstrates integrity and consistency as he lives out his spiritual convictions. A positive role model that lives a life young people will want to imitate.
An individual who displays personal maturity, who loves students and is able to work well with adults. A team player who wants to multiply himself in others. Possesses a teachable spirit and a strong work ethic.
Biblically trained with at least a Bachelor’s level of biblical education .Can agree to the doctrinal statement of Trinity Church without hesitation. Is able to articulate biblical convictions clearly in ways that relate to young people.
a) youth ministry experience, preferably in a church context
b) a vision for youth ministry with a desire to lead youths to Christ
c) a clear philosophy of ministry that meshes with Trinity’s
a) a team builder
b) an ability to attract, motivate and involve kids
c) ability to plan, administrate, delegate and supervise
d) an ability to recruit and build a cross-generational team
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: The purpose of the Director of Student Ministry is to reach out to students (6th-12th/college age), parents as the primary influencer of students, families and adult volunteers within the congregation and our community sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Helping them grow and to deepen their faith through discipleship, worship, education, missional, and recreational opportunities.dan@
1. Must effectively connect with students on an interpersonal level, meeting with and providing pastoral care as appropriate.
2. To plan, coordinate, lead, advocate and evaluate a comprehensive program of spiritual nurturing, mentorship and Christian education in line with the Mission of Mountain View Presbyterian Church for all those involved with student services.
3. Be an active part of Mountain View’s worshipping and faith community; encouraging students to integrate within the life of the church.
4. Communicate with parents of students by being a resource. Equip and teach through individual contact, group meetings and e-mails. He/she must recruit, equip, motivate and supervise a team of adult volunteers/mentors to model Christ and minister to students. He/she must establish and lead a student/parent team to facilitate student ministries.
5. Report to the Associate Pastor concerning fiscal needs of the program for all projects and prepare a yearly budget for programs. He/she will be fiscally responsible for fund raising and management of student program funds of the church.
6. Oversee ministry components; Sunday morning and weekday programs for Middle-High school; Work with the Worship Team, Pastors and Students to develop a multi-generational worship component. The program should include; (a) Regular time for Christian fellowship and study through peer to peer programming and small groups, (b) Service and mission opportunities (Sr. High mission trip/weekend retreat), (c) Mentorship (d) Participation in programs such as camps, retreats, work missions and training events with the goal of group building and spiritual development, (e) Games and recreational activities.
7. Must develop rapport with the students in our community through visitation, visibility, and contact at school and community events such as sports and concerts. Network with other student leaders in the area.
8. Work with Church Ministry Staff and Leadership to encourage and integrate student participation within Mountain View Ministries (i.e. VBS, Music/Worship, special programs/services)
9. Write articles for the monthly newsletter and information for the weekly worship bulletin.
10. Develop a yearly work-plan. Once approved by the Associate Pastor activities shall be placed on the church calendar and notification send to parents/students.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
The High School Director will plan and lead discipleship programs, outreach events, and service opportunities for students in 9th-12th grades; develop meaningful relationships with students, adult leaders, and parents; and teach Biblical truths consistent with Wesleyan theology in relevant ways to nurture students’ faith.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
Practice the presence of God by traditional spiritual disciplines
Be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ
Be an example of Christ-like living in public and private
Be constantly improving in ministry skills
Be a team player with the pastors and other ministry team members
Be an active member of the Nixa community by keeping a balanced life approach in ministry, family, community, and personal development
Specific vocational preparation:
4-year degree, counseling or social work major preferred
Experience leading this age group
Musical ability preferred, but not required
Missions experience preferred, but not required
Basic computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel, Publisher)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,600.00 /year
youth ministry: 2 years (Preferred)
Nixa, MO 65714 (Required)
Do you have musical ability?
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Caledonia CRC is seeking a new Director of High School & Post High Ministries. This person would lead a ministry team of 80+ high schoolers, and 15 volunteer leaders.
This person will be responsible for developing and implementing programs and personal ministries that will reach out to the high school and young adult people of our church to help them make, or renew, and deepen their commitment to Christ, and enable them to respond to God’s love by serving others and creating a community of acceptance and care.
Light of Christ United Methodist Church is a contemporary and vibrant 20 year old congregation of 300+ members, in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are inclusive of all people, invitational, and actively involved in service. Our Vision is to be a church “Where the hurting find help and the questioning find faith”, expressing our priority for Missions and Evangelism. Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, our search is active and we encourage gifted individuals to pray and apply.
The Director of Worship & Youth Ministries must be a humble servant who is committed to Christ, actively pursuing God, Spirit-led, musically gifted, committed to leading and encouraging young people, interpersonally adept, organized, gracious and wise.
Worship Ministry is an essential part of Light of Christ Church, working with the Lead Pastor and Worship Ministry volunteers to lead the congregation in genuine and faithful worship of God, ensuring that worship expresses the church’s overall Mission/Vision and modern style of worship. The ultimate goal is to usher the congregation into the presence of God through a multi-sensory worship experience, based upon the biblical themes of services.
Youth Ministry is also an essential part of any thriving congregation. During the middle & high school years, young people are in a season of crucial transition in their lives and need encouragement and mentoring to embrace the Christian faith for themselves. The ultimate goal is to provide structure and opportunities for youth to fellowship with other Christians, regularly study God’s word, and put their faith into action through service.
To lead these essential ministries, skill with recruiting, leading, and empowering teams of volunteers is key. Collaboration with Worship Ministry and Youth Ministry volunteers, youth parents, and middle and high school students is necessary to ensure congregational ownership and vital to growing ministries. Expertise with media, video, associated software and copyright laws and guidelines is critical.
· Lead Worship and Youth Ministries, including coordination of volunteers for activities, services and special events
· Lead and prepare for our Contemporary Worship Services (Select songs that accompany biblical theme(s) of the service; Write and transpose music charts; Lead weekly rehearsals; Schedule Worship Ministry volunteers using Planning Center Online; Prepare/coordinate audio, computer visuals using ProPresenter, lighting & streaming needs for worship service; Recruit & train volunteers in an ongoing way to serve as musicians, vocalists, technicians, media volunteers, etc.)
· Lead Youth Ministry in a way that mentors Youth in their Christian Discipleship, in partnership with Youth Ministry volunteers and youth parents (Facilitate weekly “Ignite Night” Youth Gatherings, Grow Groups, and Confirmation for middle & high school students; Organize fellowship and mission events; Schedule Youth Ministry volunteers using Planning Center Online; Recruit & train volunteers in an ongoing way to serve as Grow Group leaders, Ignite Night volunteers, Confirmation teachers/mentors, chaperones, administrative support volunteers, speakers, mission event volunteers, meal preparers, etc.)
· Coordinate media creation and acquisition such as video announcements, sermon bumper videos, and promotional pieces for Worship and Youth Ministry, etc.
· Oversee website, service streaming and social media updates, in coordination with lay volunteers
· Set and meet Worship and Youth Ministry budgets, demonstrating financial responsibility and frugality
· Develop annual goals for the Worship and Youth Ministries
· Formal training in Music and/or two + years of Worship Leadership experience
· Formal training in Youth Ministry and/or two + years of Youth Ministry experience
Interested applicants should provide the following information to email@example.com by April 23, 2020:
· Cover letter
· Resume reflecting your educational and professional experience
· Video response to the following questions (No greater than five minutes):
1. Please describe how you were called to Worship Ministry and what the most important aspects of this ministry are for you.
2. Please describe your interactions with both middle school and high school youth and why you are a good candidate to lead youth in today’s world.
· Link to a video of you leading worship
· Link to the website of the church where you are currently serving or recently served
**Applicants seeking Part-time Worship Ministry or Part-time Youth Ministry roles are encouraged to apply, as we may consider splitting this role into 2 part-time positions**
Position Title: Director of Student Ministries
Ooltewah United Methodist Church is seeking a dedicated leader who is motivated to pour self and energy into its student ministries in order to equip and disciple our community’s next generation of Christians to face an ever-changing world with grace, humility and the absolute, undeniable joy found in a relationship with Christ.
Purpose: The OUMC DSM will develop, oversee and nurture ministries and outreach to serve high school and middle school youth within our congregation and our community to equip them for spiritual development in Christ according to the church’s principles of Grow, Reach, Serve and Worship.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
1. GROW – Spiritual Development
Develop and oversee Student Ministries, to include all discipleship, fellowship and outreach programming
Plan and implement a program of age-appropriate Christian education for youth in middle and high school
Recruit, train and deploy youth volunteers for missions, service and general engagement in the church community
Plan and execute special programs related to youth’s spiritual development such as Resurrection, retreats, mission trips etc.
Provide opportunities for youth to be engaged in hands-on ministry using their gifts, talents and abilities
2. REACH – Church and Community Engagement
Develop, execute, nurture and oversee ministry activities designed to reach and serve youth in our community
Engage in ministry to youth in local schools around Ooltewah and in the greater Chattanooga area
Publicize student ministries of the church and show how lives are being changes by these ministries
Maintain an active and consistent social media presence for OUMC youth ministries across multiple platforms
Invite, equip, coach and utilize a team of adult volunteers to lead and serve youth ministries
Cultivate a culture of outreach among the youth in order to encourage participation
Engage regularly with other student ministry leaders in the community to share best practices and create connections among youth
Serve as staff liaison to the Boy Scouts of America troop
· Clearly and effectively communicate with youth, leaders and families using various media as needed (phone, email, social media, etc.)
· Contact inactive youth and parents personally
· Promptly contact youth after first-time visit to OUMC (worship or other programming)
3. SERVE – Leadership and Counsel
Responsible for implementation of and adherence to Safe Sanctuary policies for youth
Provide confidential counseling support for students and/or parents, referring to professionals as needed in partnership with congregational care teams
· Committee leadership: Youth Council
· Coaching and steering development of the Student Ministries Assistant
· Ensure current records of all medical, contact and special concern information for each youth
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor after consultation and mutual agreement
· Attend general staff meetings and Church Council meetings as needed
4. WORSHIP –
Serve as a member of worship planning team to insure youth’s inclusion and involvement in worship
Plan special events of worship for youth
Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years relevant work experience
· Degree in Religious Education (preferred)
· Understanding of student development and knowledge of current teaching techniques and student ministry approaches
· Strong organizational skills, experience working in and building teams
· Effective interpersonal skills, highly personable and engaging communicator who is able to hold student’s attention in large group setting
· Self-starter and innovator who is willing to do what it takes to connect with and nurture students required
· Ability to mobilize and equip adult volunteers/staff with gifts for student ministry
· Willingness to continually learn and refine the church’s discipleship methods
· Supervisory experience (preferred)
· Computer skills (MS Office products) and especially skilled with social media tools
Position reports to the Associate Pastor.
Qualified candidates should submit the following to Rev. Amanda Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2020:
· Cover letter
· 3-5 minute video sharing your philosophy for youth ministry
We are looking for a full time Assistant Director of Student Ministry to be apart of our mission of reaching every student and every school in the city of Montgomery for the sake of the Gospel. If you’re interested in working with an incredible team, planning trips and events, developing and training volunteers and leaders and most importantly loving on students and showing them who Jesus is then follow the link below to apply.
Full Job Description can be found here.
If you’re interested click here to apply.
Pastor of Student and Family Ministries
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries at Prairie Hills Covenant Church will direct and oversee the discipleship ministries for children, youth and families. This person must have a passion to see spiritual transformation. This person, with God’s leading and the congregation’s support, will provide a well–balanced, biblically-based program that will seek to share Christ to those who do not have a personal relationship with Him and to help those who are Christians mature in Christ and discover the personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them. The one word that describes the duties of the Pastor of Student and Family Ministries is the word “discipleship”.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be growing spiritually with sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading and committed to the authority of Scripture.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries will have an unreserved commitment to the mission, vision and values of Prairie Hills Covenant Church and agreement with the Evangelical Covenant Church Affirmations.
Develop, promote, coordinate, oversee and lead a comprehensive program of activities and discipleship ministry to high school and middle school youth and their families including, but not limited to weekend services, weeknight programs, special events and summer events
Oversee and source children’s ministry
Develop, train and equip leaders to do the work of ministry discipleship
Recruit, train and evaluate volunteers
Provide spiritual direction and pastoral care for children, youth and families
Oversee and administrate assigned budget in conjunction with other ministry leaders
Ensure facilities, supplies and equipment for children, youth and family ministries are safe, welcoming, and age-appropriate
Oversee record keeping, including but not limited to safety, attendance and screening/background checks of volunteers and staff
Participate in worship leading (preaching, prayer, sacraments, music) as requested or as gifts apply
Serve as a resource person and advocate for children, youth and families in the community
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Strengths and Skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong people connection skills
Team builder and player
Positive chemistry with staff and church leaders
Able to keep confidences of the congregation and staff
Knowledgeable of current youth culture
Proficient with popular social media and new technology
Able to assist with conflict resolution
BA degree (education, ministry, counseling or child/adolescent and family development preferred)
Preferred seminary degree (in process acceptable)
Licensed or on track to be licensed as a Pastor in the Evangelical Covenant Church
At least one, three or more preferred, years of youth ministry experience with:
Demonstrated knowledge and history of working with children, youth and families
Proven abilities in leading and managing teams
Prairie Hills Covenant Church Council
Evangelical Covenant Church: Northwest Conference
Non-traditional hours to be expected
Length of Ministry:
After 90 day probationary period, will be reviewed by pastoral relations committee
Duration of ministry is indefinite and can be ended by either party
Compensation levels and benefits are set by the Church Council and discussed on an individual basis
Light of Christ United Methodist Church is a contemporary and vibrant 20 year old congregation of 300+ members, in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are inclusive of all people, invitational, and actively involved in service.
Our Vision is to be a church “Where the hurting find help and the questioning find faith”, expressing our priority for Missions and Evangelism. In 2020, we will “Expand Our Reach in Ballantyne” through Need-Based Small Groups, Outreach to Children, Equipping New Leaders, and Construction of a Building Expansion.
By 2025, we will address misconceptions about Christians and Churches by living out a vibrant expression of Christian Community which will “Renovate the Lies, and Build the Church”. We will accomplish this through Unity in Diversity, Deepening Christian Community through Small Groups, Serving the Needs of Ballantyne, and Serving Children/Youth and Their Families with Excellence.
The Director of Youth Ministries must be a humble servant who is committed to Christ, actively pursuing God, Spirit-led, musically gifted, committed to leading and encouraging young people, interpersonally adept, organized, gracious and wise.
Youth Ministry is an essential part of any thriving congregation. During the middle & high school years, young people are in a season of crucial transition in their lives and need encouragement and mentoring to embrace the Christian faith for themselves. The ultimate goal is to provide structure and opportunities for youth to fellowship with other Christians, regularly study God’s word, and put their faith into action through service.
To lead this essential ministry, skill with recruiting, leading, and empowering teams of volunteers is key. Collaboration with Youth Ministry volunteers, youth parents, and middle and high school students is necessary to ensure congregational ownership and vital to growing ministries. Expertise with media, video, associated software and copyright laws and guidelines is critical.
- Lead Youth Ministry, including coordination of volunteers for activities, services and special events
- Lead Youth Ministry in a way that mentors Youth in their Christian Discipleship, in partnership with Youth Ministry volunteers and youth parents (Facilitate weekly “Ignite Night” Youth Gatherings, Grow Groups, and Confirmation for middle & high school students; Organize fellowship and mission events; Schedule Youth Ministry volunteers using Planning Center Online; Recruit & train volunteers in an ongoing way to serve as Grow Group leaders, Ignite Night volunteers, Confirmation teachers/mentors, chaperones, administrative support volunteers, speakers, mission event volunteers, meal preparers, etc.)
- Coordinate media creation and acquisition such as video announcements, sermon bumper videos, and promotional pieces for Youth Ministry, etc.
- Support website, service streaming and social media updates, in coordination with lay volunteers
- Set and meet Youth Ministry budget, demonstrating financial responsibility and frugality
- Develop annual goals for the Youth Ministry
· Formal training in Youth Ministry and/or two + years of Youth Ministry experience
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should provide the following via email to email@example.com by March 31, 2020:
- Cover letter
- Resume reflecting your educational and professional experience
- Video response to the following question (No greater than five minutes) — Please describe your interactions with both middle school and high school youth and why you are a good candidate to lead youth in today’s world.
- Link to a video of you leading a youth program and/or youth worship
- Link to the website of the church where you are currently serving or recently served
*Applicants seeking a Full-time role who are qualified to lead a Worship Ministry Program are encouraged to apply for our combined Director of Worship and Youth Ministries role.**