Student Ministries Director
Bethany CRC’s Mission:
Bethany CRC is intentionally structuring its life together to assist one another in fulfilling our commitment to transforming lives and communities through the purposes of Christ’s church:
- Magnifying God (Worship)
- Membership in Christ’s Church (Fellowship)
- Maturity in Christ (Discipleship)
- Ministry to others (Service)
- Mission in the world (Witness)
Student Ministries Position Objective
The Director is responsible for all aspects of middle school and high school ministries in harmony with Bethany’s purposes.
The Student Ministries Director serves Christ through Bethany Church by partnering with leaders, parents, and students to make more and better disciples who are authentically living and loving like Jesus.
1. Identify, Attract, Lead, and Develop Leaders and Teams
a. Build relationships with those who share a passion to reach students with the gospel
b. Continually equip volunteers to lead programs, ministry teams, and small groups
c. Director is not to just do ministry to/with students, but gather others to do the same
2. Connect with Students (starting with 70 on our contacts list)
a. Visit schools, athletic events, concerts, chapel services and other important events that students are involved in with a minimum of twice monthly for both middle and high school students
b. Available for counseling, prayer and spiritual encouragement for all students
c. Be in contact with in-active or less-than-active students of Bethany
d. Have posted office hours weekly
3. Equip students
a. Teach the Word to give biblical understanding and life application of the gospel
b. Challenge students to live and practice their faith at home, school, work, church
c. Identify the ministry passions and spiritual gifts of students and possible ministry roles
d. Identify and train prospective youth leaders in community development and youth ministry through an Internship Program
4. Communicate with Church, Staff, Council, Parents, and Students
a. Weekly bulletin announcements, Website updated monthly
b. Quarterly calendars/newsletters to keep students/parents/church regularly informed about trips, retreats and special events
c. Create brochures/flyers for special events, camps, retreats, service projects
d. Make occasional presentations to the Council and congregation as requested
5. Direct MS and HS Ministry Programs
a. Sunday mornings & evenings, Wednesday evenings, weekly small groups, etc.
b. Local service projects and mission experiences
c. Winter and Summer camps, other seasonal retreats, youth conventions, special programs & fundraising events
d. Relate to and coordinate with area churches in doing some combined events
a. Create a balanced, annual long-range plan for topics, speakers, events, etc.
b. Develop annual Youth Ministry budget and coordinate/monitor expenses
c. Keep office and rooms orderly to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere
· Fully devoted to God and His Church and committed to expressing that devotion through prayer, worship, and obedience
· Maintains a vital, growing personal walk with God through Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit
· Walks with with moral integrity to be above reproach in life and ministry
· Models faithful leadership and ministry effectiveness by being humble and teachable
· Pursues personal growth and ministry development opportunities, people, books, etc.
Gifts, Abilities, Experiences
· Demonstrated passion to reach MS and HS youth that do not know Jesus Christ
· Ability to meaningfully relate to a variety of people groups (church council, staff, parents and youth, congregation and community, and other ministry leaders/churches)
· Has at least two-years of student ministry leadership experience and effectiveness
· Completion of college/university desired
· Has an understanding and commitment to Reformed doctrine/theology
· Is, or will be, a professing member of Bethany CRC
· The Student Ministries Director is accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet with the Senior Pastor and Personnel Team for annual reviews
Compensation & Employment Terms
This is an exempt, salaried, full-time position (40+ hours per week)
Compensation commensurate with experience, education and performance
Position is eligible for Family Health Insurance Benefits and Housing/Allowance
Three-weeks paid vacation to be used within each church year
Position is available now. Start date to be negotiated.
To Apply, email the following to: email@example.com
1. Letter of Introduction (one-page)
2. Resume (ministry experiences, educational background, family relationships)
a. What is your philosophy of ministry to students?
b. If you were a super hero, what super power would you have, and why?
Blue Oaks Church was planted in 2012 with the mission and purpose of leading those in their community into Christ-centered living. Wherever people may be in their spiritual journey, the heart of this church is to see you experience the power of God’s love and grace, to grow in your faith through communities of small groups and to use your God-given skills and passions to meet the real needs of the people in the Tri-Valley and across the world.
Since those simple beginnings in 2012 the Lord has blessed the ministry of Blue Oaks in every way to a growing community of over 600. It is the goal of the the staff to create an irresistible environment for churched and unchurched people alike where they love attending and feel welcomed as they are. It’s in this spirit that Blue Oaks strives to create a strong sense of belonging and purpose within those who attend.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle school and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director wins when the ministry engages the next generation so they grow deeper maturity in Christ and when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them and influencing them with the message of God’s story.
The Student Ministry Director is a part of our Family Ministry team which is responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Family Ministry Director and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Lead the team of volunteers that are part of the Student Ministry team.
- Create engaging experiences for teens that move forward the mission and vision of Blue Oaks.
- Develop a culture that promotes and provides for a personal connection for every student to one or more leaders.
- Resource speakers and Large Group leaders to craft the message of Jesus into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for teens.
- Resource Small Group Leaders to create safe environments for teens to find community and grow spiritually.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Ensure that physical spaces are setup and utilized well to accomplish our mission.
- Act as Team Leader of the weekly Student Ministry environments.
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading occasional Family ministry-specific events.
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Leader of Leaders – Able to develop and lead volunteer teams who in turn lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized – Able to troubleshoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Highly Relational – Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Creative and Resourceful – Able to make content and physical spaces come to life.
- Team Player – Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.
If interested, please send a resume to Nancy McMillin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and complete the online application.
Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Next Gen Director is responsible for leading our Kids and Student Ministries in order to develop a clear pathway which enables every kid to take the next step in their journey of becoming like Jesus and joining Him in His mission while supporting the implementation of the vision, mission and core values of Mission Hills Church.
• Earned degrees and/or other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
• Alignment with the vision, mission, core values, and doctrinal statement of Mission Hills Church
• Models strong Christian character, integrity, vibrant relationship with Christ and lives out biblical truth
• A successful track record of upper level management and leadership
• Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement yet love to do life as a team
• Passion for the next generation
• Experience sufficient to enable effective leadership
• Strengths in the following areas: organizational and ministry alignment, staff development and care, clear communicator, project management, strategy development and implementation, system and process development. Should have a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
• CHAMPION EVERY AGE GROUP – Inspire the church to say yes to the next generation, investing in their future now. The way we love kids now directly impacts who they will be as adults. As kids grow through the phases, they need loving and committed adults to show up and connect with them, share life with them, and invest in them, preparing them for what’s next. The Next Gen Director ensures that kids have those adults in their lives, casts the vision for their potential, tells their stories, inspiring the church to love and treat each kid like they are made as the image of God.
• ALIGN LEADERS – Coach the teams to work together. Get them on the same page. Embody the ministry’s primary values then live and breathe those values. Organize and base the ministry practices on those values. Meet with the team regularly to identify common goals and objectives. Keep a compelling scoreboard and hold them accountable. The Next Gen Director is responsible for the team’s alignment and the church’s overall strategy for raising up the next generation.
• GAUGE EFFECTIVENESS – Help your team identify what success looks like and what it means to be effective. The Next Gen Director must help their teams define the wins and measure the markers that demonstrate you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing.
• ASSIST MINISTRY – Serve your leaders. Assist them in whatever way is needed to ensure not only their success but also their sense of joy and fulfillment in doing what God has called them to do. This includes making sure the tools and resources you provide are genuinely helpful, your communications systems are efficient and effective, your environments are inspiring, and the messaging is engaging. The Next Gen Director collaborates with the team to establish the system that makes all this possible, including hiring the right staff, recruiting the right teams, and providing the right resources. They build systems and processes for resourcing families, raising kids and reaching the community.
• EXPAND LEARNING – Equip your team with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their leaders and ministries. Equip your team’s leaders with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their kids. Teach them what you know. Model what needs to be done. The Next Gen Director is always a step or two ahead of their team, feeding them what they need to learn and grow in their God-given calling to minister to kids.
• PARTNER WITH PARENTS – Find ways to genuinely partner with parents in raising their children. Provide what the church can provide best: a loving network of caring adults who are committed to helping them grow in faith, wisdom, and friendship. The Next Gen Director is constantly looking for ways to improve their partnership with parents.
• Other occasional duties as required by senior leadership
To Apply: To begin the application process please visit www.missionhills.org/jobs
At the heart of Calvary is our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our mission inspires our worship and groups. It motivates our service to our community and the world. It serves as the foundation of everything we are, do and believe. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and Gospel-centered teammate to join our Children, Youth, and Family Ministries team.
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically based ministry environments. This position will serve as ministry director for students in grades 9-12. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families.
- Live out Calvary’s vision, mission and core values, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Serve on the Middle School and High School Teaching Teams
- Establish bridges to help kids transition from one life stage to the next in healthy and meaningful ways.
- Cultivate relationships on campus at local high schools
- Model relational discipleship to adults, students, kids and families
- Responsible for the development and implementation of ministry with high school students, including weekly school year programming (NEXT and ethos) and summer opportunities (VBS, camps, mission trips, etc.)
- Partner with the CYF Pastor, Ministry Directors and Ministries Assistant to develop programs that are organized, supervised and promoted
- Recruit, empower and develop a team of volunteers (small group leaders, Lenten mentors and special event volunteers)
- Develop and equip student leaders for children’s and middle school ministry
- Develop a ministry that impacts the community and honors Calvary’s roots
- Help develop the annual budget for high school ministry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing, Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills with kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with multiple teams
- Minimum 4-year degree.
- Prior youth ministry experience (2-4 years preferably in a large church context)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
Looking for full time or part time Youth Pastor to enthusiastically lead and guide our middle and high school students to a deeper relationship with Christ.
Attending and participating in staff meetings.
Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s youth ministry.
Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
Interacting with students during Sunday services.
Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
Sharing program plans through social media.
Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry.
Previous youth ministry experience.
Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent organizational skills.
Affinity for young people.
Ability to lead by example.
Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
The Youth Pastor position is a full time position that reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
SALARY: $55k + tuition allowance $1000 per year for graduate school + health benefits and benefits package.
*If you are interested please email your resume:
Pastor Shane Womack email: email@example.com
Come join the team leading this dynamic and mission motivated congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC that has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. Advent United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries who is ready to lead a thriving Student Ministry program (200+ students and 60+ adult volunteers) driving the spiritual formation and growth of Advent students (Grades 7th-12th). Advent UMC is the 10th largest UMC congregation in South Carolina with a mission for growth.
Our overall Church mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At Advent we embrace this mission and believe that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. We strongly believe that it is our mission to pour into the lives of our youth and their families, while emboldening and empowering them to be disciples within and outside our church walls.
We seek an inspired, positive and enthusiastic, yet humble leader who can work effectively as a key member of the Advent staff team. This opportunity is perfect for that individual who has demonstrated experience in reaching and inspiring students, ages 12 – 18, and who is ready to take our successful Advent Student Ministry program to the next level. Innovating, planning and leading weekly youth programming and special events for our students, while building relationships with youth within and outside Advent UMC is an integral part of this key role. In addition, the Director will serve as a mentor to our Assistant Director of Student Ministry, and both will be responsible for recruiting and equipping our outstanding team of adult volunteers. The Student Ministry team also includes the Director of Contemporary Music, who oversees, mentors and influences the Cross youth band and Crescendo youth choir.
The Director should have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle inside and outside of church. Key candidate attributes should include a college degree, relevant and measurable ministry experience and a demonstrated passion and love for Student Ministry.
If this opportunity is calling to you, please come check us out at www.advent-umc.org, and see what Advent UMC and Advent Student Ministries is all about!!
This Director position is Full Time, year-round and Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STUDENTMINISTRY@ADVENT-UMC.ORG
Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Full Time; $40,000-50,000
Salary & Benefit Package
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:The Director of Youth Ministry will provide primary leadership and support for the youth ministry program and work to lead an integrated ministry, partnering with parents and the broader church family to successfully disciple students in Jesus Christ.
Mount Olympus Church is a relaxed, intergenerational congregation nestled on the east bench of the Wasatch Mountains, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster a life of personal prayer and devotion, including taking a weekly Sabbath.
· To provide opportunity for students to grow in following Jesus Christ.
· To recruit, train, lead, guide, equip, and care for the youth ministry volunteers as they work together to provide leadership for youth ministry in the congregation. This includes having regular meetings to train, inform and resource lay leadership.
· To work in partnership with the Youth Ministry Team to enable the team to keep the goals and objectives for youth ministry clear and in focus, as well as specific, measurable and attainable.
· To function as a communication link among the various facets of the youth ministry program, and the main connection to the church staff, the elders and the congregation. This includes attending church staff meetings.
· To provide leadership for youth fellowship meetings, retreats, mission trips and other youth ministry activities, including planning and leading fundraising efforts.
· To provide pastoral care to youth and their families.
· To model and provide a ministry example built on relational discipleship. This will be shown by becoming personally acquainted with and invested in youth and their families, and their needs, hopes, and problems, giving particular attention to those with special needs.
· To lead and oversee the process for formal membership/baptism for the youth of the congregation.
· To engage in personal, spiritual and professional growth through personal study and participation in workshops, seminars and other continuing education events.
IMPORTANT END RESULTS
· Ministry programming marked by the commitment to invite students to experience Jesus Christ and become his passionate followers.
· Youth regularly professing faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; becoming his passionate followers and leading to spiritual growth and commitment to Jesus Christ of youth and their families.
· A trained, effective, and cared-for volunteer staff of leaders made up of members of the congregation, operating a dynamic and multi-faceted youth ministry program where loving relationships with students are the priority.
· Excellent organizational and communications skills (verbal, written, and using electronic means)
· Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
· Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 2 years of experience. College degree desired/required (could be close to completion), preferably with a focus on ministry.
· Theological and philosophical alignment with PCUSA
· Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
· Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
· Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements
· Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as, part of a team
Please submit resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, she will follow-up with application information and next steps.
Director of Student Ministries
Our 1,000 member central Florida Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation is seeking an enthusiastic leader seeking a long-term relationship to continue the development and expansion of our middle school and high school youth ministry program. This Christ-centered individual must be able to work well with and lead volunteers, coordinate youth programs, and have the ability to establish one-on-one and group relationships with our youth.
The Ideal Candidate will…
• Be actively living out their Christian faith
• Have an intimate understanding of the Bible
• Relate biblical knowledge to the youth
• Be energetic and outgoing
• Be able to create exciting, active and relevant lessons
• Demonstrate patience, support and understanding
• Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
• Be a team player
• Demonstrate high proficiency with computer technology and social media
We value our student ministry program and, as such, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this full-time position. Please visit our website at www.firstpreswh.org for more information about our church. Inquiries may be mailed to the church office (attn: Director of Student Ministries Search Committee, First Presbyterian Church, 637 Sixth Street, NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881) or emailed to email@example.com.
Qualifications for the Position
• Four-year College Degree
• Prior involvement working in high school and middle school youth ministry or youth-related organizations
• Member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) or a willingness to become a member of our PC(USA) congregation.
• Three letters of reference (one from a pastor; none of which shall come from a relative).
• Pass a background check (at the church’s expense).
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Thank you very much for considering this position, PLC is a great place to work! You can find a full application packet at www.plc-church.org/employment.
Position title: Director of Youth Ministries
Position type: Paid, Full Time
Reports to: Associate Pastor
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for the spiritual development of high school students, college students, and young adults connected with PLC. The Director also works in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministry to lead events for middle school students. The Director will mentor and guide students and young adults to seek God and His word in all circumstances, shepherd students in a personal relationship with Jesus, and inspire students to abide in Jesus and be a light in their community. The Director will establish collaborative working relationships with other directors and pastors to support the overall mission of PLC. The Director will succeed in their area of oversight by leading, teaching, and supporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Lead: Develop, coordinate, manage and implement ministry opportunities for students in grades 7-12 with a focus and emphasis on grades 9-12.
2. Lead: Provide a weekly opportunity for high school students to connect for worship, teaching, prayer, serving, and developing relationships.
3. Lead: Plan and execute the Refuge middle school ministry on a monthly basis and lead periodic events for middle school students.
4. Lead: Develop and coordinate age-appropriate spiritual growth opportunities for post high school students and young adults (ages 18-25).
5. Lead: Supervise, equip, and train volunteer and paid teams, including: Youth Mentors, Interns, and Serve Team Members.
6. Lead: Invite, empower, and encourage Youth Board members. Lead Youth Board meetings submitting plans, budgets, and calendars to that body for approval.
7. Lead: Create an atmosphere where students can enjoy being with one another while growing closer to Jesus while being available and actively engaged in the lives of students.
8. Lead: Regularly encourage youth to participate in the life of the church, including regular participation in Sunday worship, fellowship, and mission events.
9. Teach: Teach the Bible in a practical and engaging way with a theological understanding in agreement with the creeds and confessions of the Lutheran Church.
10. Support: Plan and execute fundraisers in collaboration with the Youth Board.
11. Support: Be present at events on local high school campuses, supporting students to develop new relationships, and be an influence for Christ on campus.
12. Perform other duties as required.
1. College graduate with bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in ministry from a Christian university preferred.
2. Ability to teach the Christian Faith from a Lutheran perspective as identified by the Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed, and the Confessions of the Lutheran Church or a plan to reach proficiency.
3. Experience in youth ministry leadership including roles in managing and administering youth programs in a church or camp setting.
4. Experience serving or participating in a vibrant youth ministry.
5. Ability to lead a team of volunteers.
6. Excellent organizational and communications skills (verbal, written, and using electronic means).
7. Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and teachable while working in a fast-paced environment.
8. Demonstrated ability to operate as a team player.
9. Self-starter and quick learner.
10. Kind, professional, and friendly demeanor.
1. A Christian of good character and reputation, having a strong Christian witness, attending worship regularly, and modeling faith to others.
2. A person who can maintain a good working relationship with others; one who is “team oriented.”
3. A person who enthusiastically endorses the core values and mission of PLC’s ministry.
4. You must love Jesus and like high school and middle school youth.
40+ hours a week