Club Beyond® is the name used by Military Community Youth Ministries (MCYM) to identify its ministry with military high school and middle school-aged kids worldwide. Club Beyond staff and volunteers mentor young people and are available to journey with them through the hard challenges of adolescence, providing positive role models, and exhibiting Christ-like behavior. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the Young Life Military program, also known as Club Beyond on a specific military base.
We are currently doing incarnational high school and middle school ministry at military installations around the world.
The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with the military is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
- Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation , and the chapel community.
- Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
- Work well in an environment that sees a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains, and volunteers (due to high military operational tempo). Be respectful of and embrace a community that is deeply influenced by a military culture.
- A deep love for Christ and lost teens.
- Passion for people and to work well with them
- Teachable heart.
- Willingness to make a three-year commitment.
- Minimum of three years’ youth ministry experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Willingness to raise the majority of salary through personal support.
Please submit resume to email@example.com.
To administrate and oversee Student ministry teams, develop programming & discipleship strategies for families to ensure a smoothly operated, safe and effective Student & family ministry resulting in physical growth of the church & spiritual growth of the family. This director reports to the Senior Pastor.
Student & Family Ministry Responsibilities
• Oversee Student Ministry
• Equip & prepare volunteers & future leaders for each area of service to facilitate Order of Experience
• Ongoing recruitment & acclimation of new volunteers
• Oversee Programming & Facilities
• Successful curriculum deployment
• Provide classroom environments & curriculum that is not only relevant but exciting.
• Maintain condition of property, equipment and consumable supplies along with church calendar & facility usage schedule
Time Commitment & Weekly Schedule
· Salary based on a 40+ hour work week
· Sundays – First In/Last Out, Wednesday Nights – First In/Last Out
· Special Events – First In/Last Out
· Life Group – Active member
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Youth Director Columbia Presbyterian Church
Purpose – The Youth Director at Columbia will provide opportunities and guidance to our youth to help create life-long disciples of Jesus Christ always considering our Youth Ministry guiding principle of L.I.F.E.R.S. (Creating life-long disciples, Intentional planning, Family centered, Equipping our youth and families, forming and facilitating meaningful Relationships, and Service)
Accountability – This position will report to the Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team, the Personnel Ministry Team and the Session.
Time – The Position is 40 hours a week. It is an exempt and salaried position.
Regularly meet with Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministries
Event champion and lead person on all Middle School/High School events and Middle School and High School Sunday School
Directly Provide and oversee pastoral care issues related to Middle School/High School students and their parents/families
Shared program leadership with Associate Pastor for both Middle School and High School
Regular contact work with students
Retreats and Calendar Planning
Recruit and Equip Leadership for Middle School Ministries (Adults and Core Leaders) and High School Ministries (Adults)
Participate in Sunday Worship at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Full participation in program staff meetings
Participation in monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings
Oversight over our Annual Work Camp Auction
Lead our annual Summer Internship for High School and College Students
Manage the budget for Youth Ministries in cooperation with the Youth Ministries Team
o College Diploma from an Accredited University
o A deep love for Jesus and for students
o Previous youth ministry experience with students (preferred 2-3+ years)
o Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with other colleagues in a multi-staff and team based environment
o Good conflict resolution skills
o Ability to engage in long term planning
o Ideal candidate would have some abilities in several of these areas:
o Technology and Social Media
o Musical Gifts for Worship
o Capacity for and interest in theological reflection
o Biblically based teaching that is relevant and engaging
o An active and healthy prayer life
o Leadership of games and activities
Columbia Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation that has been a solid example of Christ’s witness in its community since the 1950’s. While we are a blended church in terms of age and tradition, we are on the cutting edge of student ministry. We have developed new approaches to youth ministry that are currently leading national conversations about the future of student ministry across the United States. In short, we are a blend of the traditional and the innovative. We are not a flashy church, but what we do, we do well. We are biblically centered and Christ centered and while we have remained in the PCUSA denomination, we represent a center right church theologically. Columbia is orthodox, passionate for Christ, but unwilling to settle for simple answers to any question. We are highly reflective. Our youth ministry is vibrant and well supported financially and in terms of leadership. It is a spectacular place to worship and call home and is a very healthy staff. It is also a community that has a long history of caring for its ministers well.
The Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area is one of the most popular places to live in the country with mountains, rivers, and lakes galore. It is a wonderful place for people who like the outdoors and a small/medium sized metro area. The urban and the wild are 15 minutes in either direction. The climate, though rainy and often grey in some seasons, has wonderful fall seasons, mild winters, and superb summers. There are great schools in the area and it is a wonderful place to call home.
The salary range starts at 50k and may be higher depending on experience. There is generous vacation and study leave time. There are also generous professional expense applications and some funding for study leave. There are also medical benefits and the possibility of a package of other benefits depending on experience and years served. Anyone inquiring about the position can ask about these other benefits.
Underpinning all of these responsibilities is the Youth Director’s need to engage in self-care. This would include:
-Tending to your relationship with Jesus
-Tending to your family
-Taking adequate time for personal rest and reflection so that you are ministering from abundance
-Taking time for professional study leave for the sake of professional and spiritual growth
Interested Candidates should contact:
Matt Overton- Associate Pastor for Youth and Families
Woodinville Community Church is a vibrant church in the heart of Woodinville, where our mission is Sharing the transforming love of Jesus Christ, across the street and around the world. We are seeing to be continually growing young and whole. Our desire is to encourage and exhort our students through involving them in keychain leadership throughout the church as a whole, and prioritizing young people everywhere.
Woodinville Church is seeking a spiritually mature Christian leader who is passionate about young people and encouraging students to grow in their faith. Working together with the lay youth ministry staff, he/she will lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students by teaching them to worship, learn and obey the Word, serve the body, and reach out to others in the community. Together with the Adult and Families Director and the Children’s Ministry Director, he/she will assist parents in the development of biblical parenting skills.
Character & Qualifications:
Must be a growing Christian that is committed to deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ and modeling this to others.
Have a strong desire to lead youth in growing in their faith as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Have the ability to work with appropriate church leadership and work well with staff (be a team player)
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Have a servant heart.
Organize and facilitate the Wednesday night youth gathering, providing an inviting environment with age-appropriate games, teaching, and activities.
Prepare relevant, scripturally sound lessons for Sunday school and for the mid-week youth gathering. Schedule and communicate with alternate teachers.
Recruit, train and coordinate volunteer staff. Invest in student leadership by delegating and mentoring.
Be available to meet with students and parents, providing counseling, prayer and encouragement where needed.
Direct and coordinate camps, retreats, mission trips, and special activities.
Review the youth budget annually. Coordinate with the Finance Committee and Treasurer to keep track of expenses.
Ensure proper background check protocols for all leaders.
Participate in weekly staff meetings and the monthly Ministry Steering Team meeting.
Faithfully attend church service and church activities
Position Title: High School Ministry Director
Position Job Description: Lead and serve the high school ministry by creating pathways to discipleship through equipped adults and students
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Next Generation Director
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
· Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
· Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
· Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
· Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
· Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
· Team player
· Teaching gift and desire to teach students and adults (may fill the pulpit as requested by Sr. Pastor)
· Strong, creative, and innovative leader
· Ability to partner with parents
· 3+ years of experience leading a high school ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
· Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis and develop other teachers as well
· Work with interns (to help lead the ministry)
· Be apart of our Bethel sports leadership team
· Develop, assemble, and equip student leaders
· Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, etc)
· Hire and equip support staff such as coordinator. and music leads
· Promote connection with students in the local high schools
· Create a culture that reaches out
· Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
· An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
· An ability for mentoring and developing others to effectively carry out the ministry
· An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
· An effective communicator to both large and small groups
· The maturity to both lead and to follow
· An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
Nothing in this job description restricts Bethel Church right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
**Must apply through BambooHR at www.bethel.ch under Employment Opportunities
Director of Youth Ministry, Full-Time Position
St. Luke United Methodist is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to lead the discipleship process for 7th-12th grades. This pivotal leadership position mentors youth to understand the Christian faith as a relationship with Jesus Christ and encourages them to grow in their love of Christ through ministry, fellowship, study, retreats, and worship. A successful candidate for this new position must have strong faith and love for Christ, a passion for relating to youth, be enthusiastic, organized, and familiar with the United Methodist Church. This person must be able to communicate with youth, parents, and volunteers. This position reports to the Pastor.
St. Luke is a vital congregation in the growing area of Enterprise, Alabama. With both a contemporary and traditional worship service, active discipleship programs, and vision for the future, St. Luke is an exciting place to serve in ministry. The City of Enterprise offers an excellent school system, an engaged community atmosphere, and opportunities for recreation and leisure. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits which will be determined in relationship to qualifications and experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to Organization: St. Luke United Methodist Church Contact: Julie Biddle Phone: 334-347-9023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 07/31/2019 • Organization: St. Luke United Methodist Church • Contact: Julie Biddle • Phone: 334-347-9023 • Email: email@example.com • Closing Date: 07/31/19
FBC High School Pastor
The High School Pastor gives vision, direction, and oversight to the High School Ministry of First Baptist Church (FBC), implementing the ministry in light of the church’s mission to Live, Love and Lead like Jesus. The High School Ministry exists to reach students toward becoming passionate, mature, reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ. FBC Eugene exists to see tens of thousands from our church family of all nations standing ready before Jesus.
The role of the Youth Director is to oversee the youth ministry of the Presbyterian Church in Morristown (PCM) and to direct the implementation of its mission and vision. Responsibilities include the architecture of programs; hands-on organization of events; management of resources; and recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers for middle school and high school youth ministry programs. The candidate should be a strong communicator who collaborates with staff, volunteers, and families, with a strong emphasis on building relationships, both within the church and with the larger community. Compensation is a combination of housing and cash salary – 50% of the staff member’s medical benefits are covered and participation in the PCUSA pension program is included.
Youth (Director) Wrangler
Ancient history: Youth Director tacks announcement on church bulletin
board and Sunday night youth meeting is packed. Those days are gone,
along with the bulletin board. A thousand options now compete with
Christ for middle- and high-school kids. But skilled wrangler that you
are, you’re going to round them up one-by-one. And being an authentic
Christian, confessing your doubts along with your faith, you’ll model a
transformative difference in their lives. Show them what being a
follower of Jesus looks like and how to love God and love your
neighbor. P.S. You’ll also demonstrate your leadership and love for
basketball by heading up our active Upward youth basketball league in
our beautiful gym.
Game on at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us if
interested! For full job description click here.