Associate Director of Student and Family Ministries
Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, Inc.
3543 Robinhood Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Job Description – August 2020
The role of the Associate Director of Student and Family Ministries is to provide leadership, development and direction for the Fusion and GAP programs, and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision and strategy of all environments and programming specific to Mount Tabor Family Ministry. This is a 30 hour per week, part-time salaried position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
· Experience working with students.
· A strong faith in Jesus in life and practice.
· Ability to lead and develop programming for 5th-12th grade students.
· Self-motivated, optimistic, and enthusiastic with strong leadership, team building and resolution skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate and coordinate well with other ministries, staff members and parents.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
Interested parties who would like additional job details and/or to apply, should go to the Mount Tabor website www.mttaborumc.org and look under the “QuickLinks” list and select “Employment Opportunities” to complete a copy of the Mount Tabor UMC job application. Contact Deborah Keaton 336-817-8830 with any questions about the application process.
Your completed and signed job application AND resume must be sent by either:
Email attachments (include first and last name in the file name you create) should be sent to: email@example.com
Hard copies by USPS mail to
Staff Parish Relations Committee
c/o Mount Tabor United Methodist Church
3543 Robinhood Road
Winston Salem, NC 27106
NOTE: Interviews will be conducted through a Zoom meeting.
Applications, with resumes, will be accepted for this position through Friday, September 25, 2020 at NOON
First United Methodist Church Whitesboro is looking for the right candidate to join us in The ‘Boro to lead our 6th-12th grade student ministry. We are a historical church with vision for the future positioned well to reach out to the students in our community. The right candidate will have a heart for Jesus and a passion for helping students find their place in God’s story by leading our programming for youth 6th-12th grade to help them develop and live a life of discipleship.
Check us out online at: whitesborofumc.org and Facebook: FUMC Whitesboro
Email Rev. Chad McSwain at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume or ask questions
Seeking full-time Director of Student Ministries: Click for Job Description
Hamblen Park Presbyterian Church is in Spokane, Washington in a thriving and diverse region of the city, close to outstanding outdoor recreational opportunities. We are seeking an experienced Director of Student Ministries. Hamblen Church has a long history of quality ministry with youth and families. We hope to grow the communities, educational opportunities, and volunteer ministries that invite youth to follow Jesus Christ.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Student Ministry to lead and expand ministry with 7th grade through 12th grade students and leaders. Our youth ministry seeks to build community, grow through God’s word, and reach area youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have up to 45 students in our weekly programs with around 70 registered as “active” in the church. Major responsibilities include Sunday morning Sunday School, evening youth groups, monthly events, discipleship groups, summer camps, and mission trips. This position may oversee part-time interns or staff and will further develop our volunteer ministry pool. We seek those with professional youth ministry experience and prefer a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education, ministry, theology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
This position is part of a dynamic and fun program staff team that collaboratively leads the ministries of the church.
Accepting Applications Immediately
To apply, please email a cover letter introducing yourself, your resume (including references), and a statement of faith to:
Send résumé to email@example.com
Be sure to review Job Description here.
Youth Pastor Job Description
Salary $42,000 plus HSA and HSA insurance
Grace Church has a Baptist history that transitioned to a more contemporize style church. Grace is Christ-centered, Bible-believing, seeking to reach the lost, connecting believers in small groups and commissioning them to reach their world for Jesus Christ. Our vision statement: Inviting everyone to love Jesus, love others, and make an impact.
Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
Overview: Full time position to develop and maintain strategies that follow the vision and values of Grace church to minister to middle school, high school and college age groups.
Visionary to reach the unchurched, and those in the church by leading and administrating: gatherings, small groups, events, camps and/or retreats and missions trips.
Collaborate with leadership, build and lead a youth ministry between 50-100 students.
Recruit, develop and deploy: leadership teams, volunteers, small group leaders, and a discipleship process for youth ministry.
Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth and occasionally to adults.
Administrate and delegate necessary functions for the overall success of Youth Ministry.
Help to build a successful pipeline between Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
Coordinate and collaborate with the pastoral staff team, including pastoral duties such as hospital visitation, preaching on the weekend services (2-4 times a year),
Work well with parents in the process of building the Youth Ministry
Assist in the development of an annual budget for Youth Ministry and manage spending within budget.
Fulfill essential pastoral needs including but not limited to: weekend pastoral duties, event assignments, weddings and funerals, etc.
Other assignments as communicated by Senior Pastor.
Adhere to bylaws and policies at Grace Church Chehalis.
Fulfill qualifications for overseers set out in 1 Tim. 3:2-7 and Tit. 1:6-9
Team player & team builder
Authentic / Transparent
Attitude of excellence
Strong work ethic
Computer operational skills
Not required but beneficial:
Video / editing
Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in youth ministry groups over 50+
Prefer the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
Olive Branch Community Church exists to Love, Live, and Share Christ wherever we go. We long for our neighbors to go from friends to family and we desire to move people from going to church to being the church. We are looking for a Student Ministries Director who has a contagious love for Christ, youth, and their families. This role will provide over site and leadership for both Junior High and High School ministries that will teach, train, and disciple students so that we might see God transform their lives, their schools, and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implement the current vision and strategy for Student Ministries.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school ministry programs mid-week and weekends.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school outreach and serving events/opportunities. Including but not limited to 3 outreach events per year to reach new students from the area and a minimum of 3 serving events annually.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school student discipleship pathway.
· Message preparation and preaching. Trains up a team to delegate youth speaking opportunities.
· Establish and develop relationships with students and parents. Holds a minimum of 2 parent meetings per year.
· Recruit, train, and establish relationships with volunteer leaders.
· Develops, maintains, and stewards department annual expense budgets within available resources.
· Create and manage student ministries calendars.
· A member of Senior Pastor’s teaching team.
· Spiritual maturity that is evident both privately and publicly.
· Ability to spiritually lead and mentor team and members by word and example.
· Communication skills that honor our Lord and demonstrate love to others.
· A commitment to a healthy family and body.
· Regular office hours.
· Sunday Weekend attendance and attendance at staff/leadership meetings.
· Active member of Olive Branch Community Church.
· Regular 1:1 meetings with Sr. Director of Family Ministries.
· Regular meetings with mentor/coach.
· Stay current with student ministries practices by networking, reading, attending leadership conferences.
· Perform and/or oversee other church events as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Earning or Earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in relevant field.
· Minimum of 5 year of student ministry experience of an internship level or higher.
· Demonstrates desire to reach and lead young people where they are at and help them to Love Christ, live Christ, and Share Christ wherever they go.
· Uphold and support the Mission, and Core Values, and Staff Behaviors of Olive Branch Community Church.
· A Christian Testimony, and a teachable spirit, .and practices sound judgement.
· Self-Initiator with strong work ethic.
· Self-motivator, creative, flexible, and honest..
· Strong organizational and time management and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail. and able to build a team of volunteers to subsidize weaknesses.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with experience preparing and teaching biblical messages.
· Able to build creative programming related to student programs and special events.
· Able to lead teams (volunteer and/or staff) in connecting with students for outreach and discipleship.
· Thrives under work environment with goals, accountability, and collaboration. Able to accomplish goals utilizing strong project management skills and collaboration.
· Previous supervisor experience preferred.
· Able to handle confidential matters with excellence
· Signed Statement of Faith.
Check us out at obcc.church
To apply for this position send your resume, statement of faith, and a video of you teaching/preaching to: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!
New Hope Presbyterian Church of Kent, Washington is seeking a new Director of Student Ministry. Are you someone who loves students and would thrive in the context of our nation’s 10th most diverse community? Are you passionate about seeing kids grow into servants and leaders in the context of a gospel-centered, eclectic local church? The ideal candidate for this role will desire to be a part of an outwardly-faced ministry team focused on reaching the students and young families in the surrounding community. The church has a history of strong student ministry and is seeking a leader who will bring vision, passion, and theological depth to this vital ministry area.
For full job description please click here: New Hope Presbyterian Church Student Ministries Director
Give your life to disciple young people and lead worship in a challenging rural / small-town environment.
Versailles Christian Church is a conservative, reformed, evangelical congregation seeking to reach our rural community for Christ. We believe God is leading us to hire an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship to help us better become a church that is growing UP, IN, and Out for the glory of God, the good of His people, and the growth of His kingdom.
This is a full-time pastoral position with primary responsibilities in the areas of youth and worship ministry. The balance between these and other church responsibilities is fluid in accordance with the needs of the church, gifts and passions of the Associate Pastor, and the leading of God. We are more concerned about who you are than what specifically you will do. After going through the necessary processes, you will serve as an elder in a culture of plurality.
IMPORTANT: Visit http://versaillescc.com/hiring for a detailed job description and more info. Apply by emailing cover letter and resume to email@example.com.