Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
A full opportunity profile with “next steps to apply” will be provided if/when you submit your resume to email@example.com
Church: An historic evangelical church blocks from the Alamo with a strong history of solid youth ministry
You could be a fit if: you are person with a winsome personality, likely with a desire to get rooted and bring vision and energy to a fantastic opportunity. This person should have confidence in communicating well with students and parents and building into a team of adults who are pouring into the lives of students. The church seeks to reach the community in and through students.
- enthusiastically pour into students
- seek ways to engage unchurched students in the community
- recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
- be an effective teacher
Desired Character Qualities or Attributes:
- evident love for Jesus and the church
- team player
- self-starter (does not require micro-management)
What Are The Requirements?
- Effective communicator (sound doctrine) and an active and growing faith and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Undergraduate degree desired/required (could be close to completion)
- Theological and philosophical alignment with ECO and First Presbyterian Church
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, he will follow-up with the opportunity profile and next steps.
Under the direction of the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation, the Director of Youth Ministry provides community, fellowship, discipleship, and pastoral care to middle and high school students, encouraging their growth into followers of Jesus Christ.
Develop meaningful, Christ-centered relationships with middle and high school students.
Create fellowship and community opportunities for middle and high school students.
Attend students’ activities (games, recitals, performances, award ceremonies, etc.) away from church as appropriate to provide encouragement and care.
Help to integrate youth in the various ministries of the church, including ministries described in our Long Range Strategic Plan (worship, the arts, social entrepreneurship, servant leadership, mission, community ministries, discipleship, etc.)
Nurture, teach, and equip middle and high school students through opportunities for worship, Sunday school, fellowship, small groups, mission trips, and retreats.
Recruit and equip teams of laypeople to set vision for and lead middle and high school ministry.
Support the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation in planning and implementing the Confirmation process for 9th graders.
Provide resources for and equip teachers and facilitators for Sunday morning discipleship/education experiences with middle and high school students.
In coordination with lay leadership and the AP for Young Adults and Youth Formation, plan for and oversee the budget for middle and high school ministry.
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation.
MAJOR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Four Corners Student Ministry (6th Grade – 12th Grade)
Develop, execute and oversee Four Corners Youth Ministry and Team
Provide leadership, oversight and coordination within the Four Corners Youth Ministry
Family Ministries Pastor
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to build and lead teams effectively
- Organizational, practical and goal-oriented leadership
- A strong communicator who listens well
- Knowledge of systems and structures of Church of the Four Corners
- A proven project manager with strong attention to detail and administrative skills
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
- Ability to effectively manage behaviors to create a distraction-free environment
- Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership
- Lead Four Corners Youth Ministry by providing vision and clear direction to help students thrive in the local church
- Create a weekly student experience that is fun, culturally relevant and gospel centered
- Plan and execute engaging weekly messages & services for Four Corners Youth
- Evaluate quality of weekly student services
- Create and implement systems and structures to help students take their Next Step with Christ
- Connect and build relationships with students
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with other students and leaders
- Plan and oversee monthly student events
- Integrate students into every aspect of the church
- Connect with parents and equip them to be the leader in their student’s spiritual development
- Share the vision of Four Corners Youth with families in the church, crew (volunteers) and people in the community
- Identify, train, equip, and multiply ministry leaders
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the Four Corners Youth team
- Regularly plan and facilitate meetings with Youth Ministry leaders for the purpose of coaching, developing community and providing general communication
- Collaborate with Family Ministry Team Leaders (Nursery, Pre-School, Elementary & Young Adult Ministries) to maintain and create a cohesive flow with programming and spiritual development from one stage of life to the next
- Grow attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families into the church through Four Corners Youth
- Create and continuously improve communication and follow-up methods for students, parents and families
- Maintain strong communication with Direct Report (Family Ministries Pastor) to ensure the vision of church is implemented in all areas of student ministry
- Other duties as assigned
POSSESS AND EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CORE VALUES IN THEIR DAILY LIVES:
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Not a weirdo
- Work ethic that is excellent, protective, and smart with time and money
- Fun and enjoyable to be with
- Lives life on mission
- Attitude of a servant and devoted to the call of God and the Church
- An example of personal integrity and discipleship
The Youth Ministry of FUMC Jasper is looking for a Summer Youth Intern to join our ministry to Junior High & High School students. This is a paid position. The intern will report to the Youth Director, assisting in the ministry of FUMC Jasper’s youth program, and will be involved in the planning & implementation of youth events, including:
– High School Mission Trip (UM Army)
– Potential Local Mission/Service Projects
– Summer Camp (at Lakeview Methodist Christian Camp)
– Weekly Youth Programming
– End-of-Summer Retreat & Other Special Events.
We are looking for a college-age adult who is interested in pursuing a vocational ministry career–those candidates who are specifically interested in youth ministries will be given priority. Training will also be provided.
Dates: May 15th – August 15th (slight flexibility in start/end date at the discretion of the Youth Director)
Hours: 35-40 hours per week, plus camp, mission trips & special events
Pay: $300 / week for 12 weeks–$3600 total for the summer
Stay: Housing is Provided
Note: There is also a small dedicated intern reimbursement budget for ministry-incurred expenses such as meals purchased during youth trips (etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested? Email your resume, including a cover letter, to the address below. Cover letter can be a short paragraph or two on why you are interested in serving as a summer youth intern at First United Methodist Church in Jasper, TX. Questions? Feel free to call (409) 384-5735
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vineyard Church is committed to investing in the youth of our area, and is seeking a dynamic individual to lead that effort. The Youth Ministry Director is a full time position, responsible for leading and growing our ministry to middle school and high school students. Working with committed volunteer leaders, this person will integrate the students into the life of Vineyard Church, foster their spiritual growth and formation, and develop their sense of community with one another. The Youth Ministry Director will actively engage in outreach and relational engagement with students in the surrounding communities.
We are seeking someone who loves youth ministry, and is committed to it long term. In addition to a BS/BA degree and at least 1 to 3 years of youth ministry experience, we are looking for someone with exceptional communication and team building skills.
Vineyard Church is a growing community on the northern edge of the Milwaukee metro area. Our average Sunday attendance is about 300 people.
Visit this tropical oasis in southern Texas and you will see why residents are in love with their community and their neighbors. St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Harlingen, Texas, is looking for a Youth Minister who dares to fall in love with their church. Harlingen is the most affordable place to live in the United States (according to CBS News). Nestled between two larger cities, Harlingen has two 6A high schools and a welcoming spirit where authentic community forms. St. Alban’s is an extension of these values in creating a generous, non-judgmental atmosphere. People are genuine in their care and support for each other and the staff of the church. The newly hired Youth Minister will be tasked with building a youth ministry in a community ready to embrace new opportunities and relate to the church’s school (through 6th grade), organizing chapel services and social media. The youth meet in the ROC, a four year old facility with a gym, showers, kitchen, comfortable meeting room and rock wall. In addition, Harlingen is only 40 minutes from the beach at South Padre Island. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working under the direction of the Senior Pastor, and ultimately accountable to the Official Board, the Student Pastor will be a vital part of the Leadership Team of Northampton Bible Church, providing primary leadership to the Middle & High School ministry while overseeing the Children’s and Young Adult Ministries. He will be someone who can build a healthy, disciple-making, leader-developing ministry to students, young adults and their families.
The Ideal Candidate will…
Be characterized by humility while possessing a clear calling, passion and gifting to work and lead students & families.
Be a champion for the next generation, connect them to the overall body of Northampton, and help them grow spiritually.
Lead efforts to minister to and support parents.
Develop and execute a strategic plan for the student ministry.
Create an environment that equips others for ministry and grows them spiritually (Ephesians 4:11-12).
Develop ministry team and leaders, discipling them in the process.
Live out a growing relationship with Jesus that can be imitated by others that exemplifies a passion for God’s Word and life transformation (1 Corinthians 11:1).
Maintain proper practices in his home and be a spiritual leader to his family.
Be able to teach God’s Word in a compelling, Bible-based, Christ-centered and relevant ways; teaching information for application leading to transformation.
Think globally about the church and seek to integrate students into the larger Body of Northampton
Will enthusiastically take on projects and roles outside their immediate ministry when necessary.
Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with all students, parents, church staff, congregation, and community.
Be an active member of Northampton Bible Church, fully supporting and implementing the vision, values and leadership.
Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching on Sundays, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
5 years preferred experience ministering to youth and their families and shepherding volunteers.
A desire to teach and disciple the next generation in Biblical truth.
Ability to pass a background check.
A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
Salary: $30,000 – $40,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health Insurance and Vacation
Do you have a passion for ministering to youth? Do you also have a passion for Jesus? Are you looking for a part time job that combines both of these?
First Presbyterian Church of York is seeking a passionate, qualified individual to lead our youth program. The Youth Director’s primary role will be to guide the youth in their lives inside and outside of the church, build relationships with the congregation to help sustain and increase the volunteer base, and energize our youth to grow in their brand new space designed specifically for them.
The position offers flexibility, competitive pay rate, and part time benefits. Join a dynamic ministry team, a friendly and organized support staff, and a strong lay-leadership group all in the heart of downtown York, Pa.
Key factors in this position are, willingness to attend Sunday morning services and build relationships, organize, plan and lead discussions during weekly youth group meetings Sundays from 6-8pm, plan and attend summer youth mission trips (June/July), participate in the youth advisory board, and plan and execute fundraisers.
Will consider college/seminary student and stay at home parents. Must be able to pass all mandated PA state clearances and have valid license.
Do you have a big vision for High School Ministry and desire to have the Colorado Rocky Mountains as your daily view? Mission Hills Church is the place for you! Lead, coach, develop, inspire and grow the High School Ministry here at Mission Hills but also experience all the awesome views Colorado has to offer; from the snow caped Rocky Mountains to breathtaking sunsets and 300 days of sunshine. Provide biblical leadership, inspiration, support and growth for the student ministry by being with students on their campuses and leading a powerful movement of God in the lives of hundreds of High School students.
Come experience awesome views if…
· You have experience in a High School Ministry in a large Church of 1000+.
· You model strong Christian character, integrity, vibrant relationship with Christ and live out biblical truth.
· You will cast a vision for the ministry and design creative and innovative ways to further the ministry.
· You will identify, invite and invest in volunteers and staff leadership.
· You will evangelize and disciple students and leaders.
· You have verifiable strength and effectiveness in leading teams in a context of a large church to effectively engage students in a biblical discipleship process.
· You will directly coach, develop and lead the High School Associate, Administrative Assistant, Worship Leader and Interns.
· You will identify, invite and invest in volunteers and ensue they are coached, trained and empowered to do the work of the ministry.
· You will create a clear path of discipleship that leads to evangelism regardless of where they are in their spiritual journey. Help volunteers and students understand and engage with God, His people and His world in transforming lives.
· You will mobilize students on their campus’ and in their cul de sac’s to be agents of change in transforming lives of students where they work, stay and play. And, lead others into the transforming grace of Jesus Christ through the gospel.
· You will develop “Lead Leaders” (volunteer leaders that lead the volunteer team), volunteer leaders, student leaders, and students.
· You will work closely with Mission Hills Middle School Department to produce a high retention of eight grade students into the High School Ministry and provide opportunities for our high school students to serve in Middle School Ministry.