Youth Pastor Job Description
Salary $42,000 plus HSA and HSA insurance
Grace Church has a Baptist history that transitioned to a more contemporize style church. Grace is Christ-centered, Bible-believing, seeking to reach the lost, connecting believers in small groups and commissioning them to reach their world for Jesus Christ. Our vision statement: Inviting everyone to love Jesus, love others, and make an impact.
Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
Overview: Full time position to develop and maintain strategies that follow the vision and values of Grace church to minister to middle school, high school and college age groups.
Visionary to reach the unchurched, and those in the church by leading and administrating: gatherings, small groups, events, camps and/or retreats and missions trips.
Collaborate with leadership, build and lead a youth ministry between 50-100 students.
Recruit, develop and deploy: leadership teams, volunteers, small group leaders, and a discipleship process for youth ministry.
Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth and occasionally to adults.
Administrate and delegate necessary functions for the overall success of Youth Ministry.
Help to build a successful pipeline between Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
Coordinate and collaborate with the pastoral staff team, including pastoral duties such as hospital visitation, preaching on the weekend services (2-4 times a year),
Work well with parents in the process of building the Youth Ministry
Assist in the development of an annual budget for Youth Ministry and manage spending within budget.
Fulfill essential pastoral needs including but not limited to: weekend pastoral duties, event assignments, weddings and funerals, etc.
Other assignments as communicated by Senior Pastor.
Adhere to bylaws and policies at Grace Church Chehalis.
Fulfill qualifications for overseers set out in 1 Tim. 3:2-7 and Tit. 1:6-9
Team player & team builder
Authentic / Transparent
Attitude of excellence
Strong work ethic
Computer operational skills
Not required but beneficial:
Video / editing
Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in youth ministry groups over 50+
Prefer the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
Olive Branch Community Church exists to Love, Live, and Share Christ wherever we go. We long for our neighbors to go from friends to family and we desire to move people from going to church to being the church. We are looking for a Student Ministries Director who has a contagious love for Christ, youth, and their families. This role will provide over site and leadership for both Junior High and High School ministries that will teach, train, and disciple students so that we might see God transform their lives, their schools, and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implement the current vision and strategy for Student Ministries.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school ministry programs mid-week and weekends.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school outreach and serving events/opportunities. Including but not limited to 3 outreach events per year to reach new students from the area and a minimum of 3 serving events annually.
· Plan and execute junior high and high school student discipleship pathway.
· Message preparation and preaching. Trains up a team to delegate youth speaking opportunities.
· Establish and develop relationships with students and parents. Holds a minimum of 2 parent meetings per year.
· Recruit, train, and establish relationships with volunteer leaders.
· Develops, maintains, and stewards department annual expense budgets within available resources.
· Create and manage student ministries calendars.
· A member of Senior Pastor’s teaching team.
· Spiritual maturity that is evident both privately and publicly.
· Ability to spiritually lead and mentor team and members by word and example.
· Communication skills that honor our Lord and demonstrate love to others.
· A commitment to a healthy family and body.
· Regular office hours.
· Sunday Weekend attendance and attendance at staff/leadership meetings.
· Active member of Olive Branch Community Church.
· Regular 1:1 meetings with Sr. Director of Family Ministries.
· Regular meetings with mentor/coach.
· Stay current with student ministries practices by networking, reading, attending leadership conferences.
· Perform and/or oversee other church events as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Earning or Earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in relevant field.
· Minimum of 5 year of student ministry experience of an internship level or higher.
· Demonstrates desire to reach and lead young people where they are at and help them to Love Christ, live Christ, and Share Christ wherever they go.
· Uphold and support the Mission, and Core Values, and Staff Behaviors of Olive Branch Community Church.
· A Christian Testimony, and a teachable spirit, .and practices sound judgement.
· Self-Initiator with strong work ethic.
· Self-motivator, creative, flexible, and honest..
· Strong organizational and time management and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail. and able to build a team of volunteers to subsidize weaknesses.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with experience preparing and teaching biblical messages.
· Able to build creative programming related to student programs and special events.
· Able to lead teams (volunteer and/or staff) in connecting with students for outreach and discipleship.
· Thrives under work environment with goals, accountability, and collaboration. Able to accomplish goals utilizing strong project management skills and collaboration.
· Previous supervisor experience preferred.
· Able to handle confidential matters with excellence
· Signed Statement of Faith.
Check us out at obcc.church
To apply for this position send your resume, statement of faith, and a video of you teaching/preaching to: email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you!
New Hope Presbyterian Church of Kent, Washington is seeking a new Director of Student Ministry. Are you someone who loves students and would thrive in the context of our nation’s 10th most diverse community? Are you passionate about seeing kids grow into servants and leaders in the context of a gospel-centered, eclectic local church? The ideal candidate for this role will desire to be a part of an outwardly-faced ministry team focused on reaching the students and young families in the surrounding community. The church has a history of strong student ministry and is seeking a leader who will bring vision, passion, and theological depth to this vital ministry area.
For full job description please click here: New Hope Presbyterian Church Student Ministries Director
We are looking for a highly relational youth minister with a heart for marginalized students and strong administrative skills to lead an established/strong team of volunteers reaching our rural community. We have incredible access to our schools and are looking for someone to be a regular presence on campus (high school and middle school) while running thriving ministry at church.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Minister to Youth reports to the Senior Minister and is ultimately responsible to the Eldership.
SCHEDULE IN GENERAL:
Daily Schedule is published church office hours from 900am to 300pm. Regular church office hours should be kept. Work towards a 40-hour work week which includes time in local schools, ministry time, and office hours. Work time/scheduling is flexible. Two days off per week normally, but church events do occur on days off.
Attend staff meetings on a weekly basis reporting on ministry activities and being part of the team.
Attend weekly elders’ meeting reporting on ministry activities and being part of leadership.
Attend monthly board meeting providing written report on ministry activities.
OBJECTIVE: To be responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing the Youth (Middle School and High School) Ministries of the church, while serving as a spiritual leader and role model to the church at large.
POSITION: Full Time Salaried Staff
1. Statement of 1call into the ministry, 2personal testimony of salvation, and 3current walk with the Lord.
2. Sets an example and serves as a role model in his personal life (family, marriage, finances, etc).
3. Exercising spiritual gifts relevant to this ministry position: Administration, Teaching, Faith, Helps
4. Possess excellent communication skills to communicate with a variety of people including staff, volunteers, youth, parents, and community influencers.
5. Educated in a Bible College/Christian College from the Restoration Movement. Bachelors Required.
6. Ordained into the Christian Ministry by a Restoration Movement Church.
7. Willingness to learn and grow spiritually, personally, and professionally. Keeps up with culture.
8. Enthusiastic, with the ability to relate well with students, children, and families.
9. Organized and self-starting with the ability to work independently.
10. Has a passion for and demonstrates patience in dealing with students, children, and families.
1. Pray for the staff, adults, students, and children at Cincinnati Christian Church.
2. Establish vision, ministry philosophy, objectives, and goals for C3 Students.
3. Coordinate all announcements and information about C3 Students.
4. Coordinate and oversee and evaluate all C3 Student events, classes, groups etc.
5. Select and secure all materials and necessary supplies for your ministry.
6. Provide regular encouragement and thanks to youth volunteers.
7. Develop and work within the annual budget.
8. Maintain and review 2 buses (coordination with others).
9. Participation and attendance in professional growth opportunities.
10. Provide regular written and oral reports at board meetings once a month.
11. Provide a detailed written report and summary oral report for the yearly congregational meeting.
12. Meet with the Senior Minister on a regular basis for updates and clear communication.
1. The salvation and lifelong discipleship of Middle School and High School students.
2. Constantly present, teach, and model a Christ-centered world view which works out in relationships.
3. Move Middle School and High School students to positions of service within the body at large.
4. Strong presence in local middle and high schools through parachurch organizations or other efforts.
5. Break the cycle of apostasy for High School and College students.
6. Work well professionally and personally with all CCC staff members.
7. Working relationship with youth & children’s ministers in all types of area churches.
“Helping People Find and Follow Jesus”
further position info and questionnaire
Approximately: 200 members
Annual Budget: $288,600
Normal Church Schedule:
Sunday AM Prayer Group: 9:00am
Sunday Life Groups: 9:30am
Sunday Morning Service: 10:30am
Sunday Evening Service: 7:00pm
Sunday Youth Group: 7:00pm
Wednesday Night Youth: 6:00pm
Wednesday Night Studies: 7:00pm
Staff: Senior Minister, Minister of Youth, Children’s Director, Custodian
Church parsonage located in 47424 on church property is for this position.
Give your life to disciple young people and lead worship in a challenging rural / small-town environment.
Versailles Christian Church is a conservative, reformed, evangelical congregation seeking to reach our rural community for Christ. We believe God is leading us to hire an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship to help us better become a church that is growing UP, IN, and Out for the glory of God, the good of His people, and the growth of His kingdom.
This is a full-time pastoral position with primary responsibilities in the areas of youth and worship ministry. The balance between these and other church responsibilities is fluid in accordance with the needs of the church, gifts and passions of the Associate Pastor, and the leading of God. We are more concerned about who you are than what specifically you will do. After going through the necessary processes, you will serve as an elder in a culture of plurality.
IMPORTANT: Visit http://versaillescc.com/hiring for a detailed job description and more info. Apply by emailing cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Weekly Attendance: 250
Denomination: Converge Worldwide
Location: Wooster, Ohio
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
New Hope is a healthy church in all areas, financially, team moral, clarity of vision, and unified mission. We are currently seeing growth in attendance, discipleship, and leadership development. Because of the growth, we are looking for the right person to help us grow in two key ministry areas: Students & Worship. This role will also remove a growth barrier and free our leadership team to them focus on their specific giftedness and ministry.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Wooster has a population of 27,000 and and is the principal municipality of Wayne County (pop. 116K). According to our demographic research there are nearly 78,000 that do not attend church on a regular basis. This is our heartbeat… to reach those 78K with the message of the gospel.
Wooster and Wayne County is the home to many great public and privately held corporations, including Smuckers, Schaeffler (Luk), Artiflex, Frito-lay, Wooster Brush, and more. Wayne County is the home of three college/university campuses including the College of Wooster, Ohio State University ATI, and Wayne College (Akron University).
Ohio Magazine chose Wooster as one of its 12th annual Best Hometowns because of its strong sense of community, access to arts and culture and thriving downtown with a host of shops and restaurants that draw residents and visitors alike. Wooster is a great town to raise a family with a strong sense of community. It has a small town feel with big city amenities. Wooster is conveniently located 1hr from Cleveland, 1.5hr from Columbus, 30min to Akron/Canton and Mansfield.
IN A SENTENCE:
The goal of this position is to create excellent environments for students (6th-12th grade) to grow in foundational truths, helping them experience God’s presence through discipleship, and create engaging worship for Sunday gatherings.
A. Student Ministries (75%)
1. Create and lead a system to build and reproduce adult and student leaders
2. Find or create a curriculum to lead students towards a love for God’s Word
3. Build relationships and partner with key youth programs and schools in area
4. Give leadership and oversight to all Student Ministries gatherings
5. Plan and implement special events or outreaches throughout the year
B. Worship Ministry (25%)
1. Learn & develop skills in worship programming & technology including Lights, Projection, & Sound
2. Lead or Co-lead worship during weekend gatherings
3. Lead or Co-lead worship during student ministry gatherings
4. Lead worship rehearsals & huddles on Sunday morning or other times as needed
5. Develop volunteers, build teams and maintain schedules
– Preparing for Wednesday Student ministries: Messages, worship, games, & groups
– Weekly worship planning for Weekend Gatherings & Wed. Student Ministries
– Prepare for gatherings using Planning Center
– Schedule Volunteers
– Make sure A/V systems are ready
– Meet with and invest in student leaders
– Leads Worship rehearsal
– Runs gathering walk-thru
– Problem solves issues and last minute details
– Leads all aspects of worship gathering flow
– Previous experience in worship leading and/or instrumentalist in worship band in diverse worship settings and styles
– Able to read and write chord charts
– Able to lead worship rehearsals
– Able to build teams and coordinate schedules
– Some computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Planning Center, Database (will train you on these)
– Good communication skills, written and verbal
– Time Required: Full-time Pastoral Position
Pay: Commensurate with experience ($35K-$42K)
APPLICATION DETAILS. TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, application, and video/audio* of worship leading and teaching to…
OR MAIL TO:
New Hope Church
ATTN: Student Pastor / Worship Leader Position
969 Blachleyville Rd. Wooster, OH 44691
*Audio/Video of you leading worship required to be considered.
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
We are looking for a full time Assistant Director of Student Ministry to be apart of our mission of reaching every student and every school in the city of Montgomery for the sake of the Gospel. If you’re interested in working with an incredible team, planning trips and events, developing and training volunteers and leaders and most importantly loving on students and showing them who Jesus is then follow the link below to apply.
Full Job Description can be found here.
If you’re interested click here to apply.
Belin Memorial United Methodist Church
4182 US-17 BUS Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 (south of Myrtle Beach)
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries supports the ongoing, fruitful ministry to youth through logistical support, volunteer management, and hands-on leadership and relationship with youth, youth families and youth adult leaders/small group leaders in conjunction with and under the supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries..
Classification: Full-time, exempt.
1. Passionate, gifted, effective, and experienced in working with youth in creative and engaging ways that encourage spiritual and relational growth.
2. A bachelor’s degree in Christian education, Youth Ministry, biblical studies, or a related field is required. Experience with the United Methodist Church is desired
3. Demonstrated ability to train, equip and encourage volunteer youth leaders.
4. Have a comprehensive approach based on the understanding of the primary tasks of youth ministry to: love youth where they are; encourage youth in developing their relationship to God; provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth; challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
5. Excellent human relations skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, experience working with volunteers, good communications skills (oral, written and electronic).
6. Professional demeanor, team oriented, positive, and engaging attitude
7. Spiritually mature with a theological stance compatible with United Methodist teaching and doctrine. Primary Tasks Build youth disciples for Christ through creating a “sticky-faith culture” (in the areas of group building, mentorship, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
● Encourage middle school and high youth in taking the next step in their relationship with God
● Provide youth with opportunities and and and environment to encourage nurture and growth
● Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
1. In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries coordinate, plan, develop, and implement a balanced youth ministry in the areas of formation (sticky-faith), fellowship/group building, outreach, worship, and mission, ensuring that programs are engaging and effective in nurturing youth into the Christian life and service. Stay abreast of resources for these ministries. Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
2. Participate in a process of evaluating the vision and goals of these ministries, determining volunteer requirements, training, and recordkeeping. Assure compliance with the Child Protection Policy under UMC Safe Sanctuary Policies.
3. Work in conjunction with the Children’s Ministry Team to develop a fluid transition with rising 6th grade youth and Confirmation youth.
4. Work effectively with staff to include youth in all aspects of church life as appropriate, including music, worship, mission, and fellowship.
5. Engage, develop, and recognize volunteers who work with youth, and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult-to-youth ratios.
6. In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries and staff develop communication strategies for youth and their families, and the congregation as a whole, collaborating with other church staff to ensure timely and effective communication. 7. Be available to youth and their families in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
8. Mentor youth and youth adult leaders in developing leadership skills.
9. Be a liaison between the church and community organizations that relate to youth ministries.
General Ministry Support:
● Attend staff meetings and other meetings upon request.
● Presence on Sunday morning during worship to promote relationships, and to support volunteer recruitment and management for Youth.
● Perform other duties as requested by Pastors and the Director of Youth Ministries.
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries works under the direct supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries, and is accountable to the Associate Pastors, Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
About Belin Memorial UMC
Belin (pronounced Blaine) is a growing United Methodist Church that’s average weekly attendance at worship this year is 1350. We are a vibrant congregation just south of Myrtle Beach, SC with 4 services (2 traditional and 2 modern that run simultaneously).
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries is a new position for this growing church.
Our youth ministry follows the philosophies of sticky faith and orange.
Contact: Jenna Bush email@example.com
Department: Student Ministries
Reports to: High School Lead Associate
Objective: The High School Ministry Female Associate assists the High School Ministry Lead Associate in directing the spiritual formation process of the High School Ministry (9th-12th grade).
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an ongoing, vibrant walk with Him
- A wholehearted commitment to Valley Church
- In agreement with and enthusiasm toward our vision and core values
- In agreement with traditional and long-held Valley Church views on theological issues (see attachment 1 at the end of this posting)
- Willingness to be on-stage in front of a large group on a weekly basis; strong on-stage communication abilities not required
- Commitment to building a meaningful relationship with at least one non-believer in your personal life
- A commitment to honor, respect, and value all staff members and our ministry with a strong spirit of teamwork
- A positive influence in the church and community
- Good conflict resolution skills in combination with a spirit on unity
- Healthy relationships with leadership staff and volunteers at your current church
- A track record of active ministry involvement
- A track record of leading others in a positive way
- Supporting the church financially at a respectable level
- An awareness of his/her own personality (strengths and weaknesses)
- Humility, teachability, loyalty and personal holiness are of utmost importance
- Experience in Photoshop and iMovie is preferred but not required
- Desire to develop personal relationships with other members of Student Ministries paid staff
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leadership: Provide administrative and spiritual leadership in various areas of High School Ministry as needed.
- Ministry Expansion: Identify, recruit, disciple, train, and equip future leaders in order to fulfill the broad scope of current and future student Ministry.
- Connection: Consistently spend time with students and volunteers at church and beyond the church walls.
- Teamwork: Promote a spirit of harmony and good will toward other leadership, staff and volunteers.
- Digital: Plan and execute a social media plan for HSM’s accounts—mainly Instragram
- Organization: Be the point person on details of trips and retreats (contacting bus companies, camps, etc.)
- Schedule: Plan and schedule curriculum for Sunday morning program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministries
Compensation: Full-time, 45-50 hours per week, annual salary (based upon experience, credentials, etc.). Benefits include group health insurance, paid vacations, etc.
Work Schedule: This job has irregular hours but also allows flexibility.
- You must work a minimum of 45 hours per week. Working more than 50 hours will happen from time to time but should be an exception.
- On average, you can expect to be out doing ministry activities two nights per week.
- To protect you for long-term effectiveness you will be expected to take at least one full day (a full 24-hour period) off of work each week for rest and recovery.
- HSM meets on Sunday nights from 6:00-8:00pm during the school year and from 9:30-10:45am all year, in addition to special events and retreats.
- Valley Church has weekend four weekend service times at 5:30pm on Saturday and 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00am on Sunday.
- You are expected to be present for three of the four service times, which includes 9:30 for high school program and another service at which you participate in worship.
Attachment 1: Further definition of the “traditional Valley Church views on theological issues.”
- We believe in the full divine inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible
- We believe in one God eternally existing as the Trinity
- We believe in the deity of Christ, the substitutionary atonement of Christ, his bodily resurrection, and his physical return in glory
- We believe in salvation only repentance and faith in Christ
- We believe in the necessity of a spiritual rebirth to experience eternal life
- We believe every person is created in the image of God, and that because of sin, stands in need of the forgiveness and redemption freely offered in the gospel of Christ
- We believe that the only sexual relationship affirmed by the Bible is between one man and one woman in a loving marriage
- We believe all believers in Christ are indwelt and empowered by the Holy Spirit for godly living
- We believe the two greatest commands are to love God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves
- We believe every believer is called to obedience in Christ’s commission, and we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed
Email resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTH DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
FIRST REFORMED CHURCH
“Building God’s Kingdom One Life at a Time”
Position: Youth Director for Middle (7-8) and High School (9-12) Students
Time, Benefits, Mileage: Full time (40hrs./wk. min.) position, health insurance stipend, and mileage
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Purpose: Leading youth ministry where students are reached with the Gospel, connected to community, equipped to grow on their own, empowered to serve and challenged to honor the Lord with their head, heart, and hands.
Commitment and belief in Jesus Christ:
ü Close personal relationship with Jesus Christ
ü Believe that Jesus is both Lord and Savior and died for our sins and rose again
ü Believe in the infallibility of the Bible
ü Believe the points of doctrine outlined in the Apostle’s Creed
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in a ministry field.
- A track record of documented successful leadership and team building experience working with middle and high school age youth.
- Proficient in social media communications and digital technologies.
- A desire to see young people know, love, serve, and grow in Jesus Christ
- A documented high degree of honesty, integrity, and professionalism with the ability to garner the respect of others
- A motivated self-starter
- Teaching of the Gospel and the Word of God with application to life.
- Creating an irresistible environment for students to belong where each one can grow in relationship with Jesus Christ, pass
- that passion on to their friends, and serve Jesus and people
- Planning annual programming including a calendar of lesson topics, including trips, fundraising and fun events.
- Overseeing weekly both middle and high school student gatherings.
- Ensuring each student has 2 personal contacts with a youth leader in a year.
- Encouraging students to use their gifts and talents in Sunday worship gatherings.
- Facilitating Fall and Spring parent meetings
- Sharing regular and timely communication about upcoming events, registrations, etc.
Youth Ministry Team, aka “Youth Sponsors”
- Recruiting and training youth leaders
- Empowering youth leaders opportunity to teach and disciple students
- Facilitating program planning, including lessons, mission trips, fun events and fund raising
- Planning and leading frequent and short alignment meetings with youth leaders
- Preparing for and attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Setting daily office hours
- Communicating all calendar items with the staff and administrative assistant
- Developing and execute a ministry area plan in connection to the mission and vision of First Reformed Church under the oversight of the Senior Pastor
Finances and Fundraisers
- Preparing and submit a Student Ministry budget proposal for upcoming year by due date
- Managing the Student Ministry budget
- Facilitating the yearly, established and anticipated youth fundraisers
- Keeping yearly records of events and fundraisers
Key Administrative Tasks
- Gain approval for individual Youth Ministry Team members (Youth Sponsors) from Consistory
- Clear each Youth Ministry Team member through a background check with Safety and Security
- Acknowledge High School Graduates and present them bibles
- Update and file yearly permission slips and consent forms for medical treatment
- Submit meeting minutes to the Executive Team
- Meet monthly with the Youth Board to review attendance, teaching points, prayer requests and facility needs
- Networking with other church youth leaders in Sheldon
- Participating in a minimum of one career growth activity annually to stay abreast of youth program trends.
- Keeping in close communication with the Senior Pastor
- As the position and employee develops, performing other activities as directed by the supervisor.