Chestnut Ridge Church is a large church in Morgantown, WV. Our vision is to be an inviting church that leads people into a growing relationship with God and others. We are located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West Virginia, offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine, the Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
We are seeking a full-time Student Ministry Director/Pastor. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Orange, and “Simple Church”.
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment, and organizational skills. Experience with Orange Philosophy and familiarity with North Point Ministries’ strategy and approach is highly valued.
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to email@example.com *****
The role of the Student Ministry Director/Pastor will be to shape the Vision & Direction of Student Ministry (6th-12th grade), coordinate programming for student ministry, oversee and execute events, recruit and train leaders for the student ministry and groups. You will create engaging environments where students feel like they belong so that they can grow in their relationship with God and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for Weekly Programming for Middle School and High School
• Responsible for Programming for all student ministry events
• Develop Teaching Team for Student Ministry
• Develops creative content/direction for middle school and high school
• Recruit and develop Programming Teams (worship, hosts, teachers, tech)
Responsible for ensuring every CRC student is connected to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers, and every leader is equipped to lead small.
• Monitor health and direction of groups
• Recruit, Assign, and direct new and veteran coaches
• Meet regularly with Coaches/SGL’s for training and equipping
• Works with coaches for the purpose of training and equipping SGL’s
• Monitor leader attendance at leader meetings and weekly environments
• Monitor orientation of new leaders
• Coordinates size and structure of groups/group multiplication
• Assigns new students to appropriate small group
• Responsible for the transition of rising 6th through 11th grade students
• Assist in the transition of students to college
• Coordinating, planning and carrying out regularly SGL leader meetings
Manage Special Events & Large Events (registration, communication, marketing, etc) for middle school & high school ministry
Develop and maintain calendars for middle school & high school ministry
Coordinate communication strategies for student ministry with CRC Communications Department
Coordinate with Family Ministries Director for student ministry budget
Connect students to Family Ministry Strategy for students serving
Work within larger family ministry team
Serve on the overall CRC staff team which includes:
Participating in weekly planning/strategy meetings
Providing assistance on all-church initiatives [baptism and membership interviews]
Collaborate with Elementary Ministries to ensure effective transition of children between departments
Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within the ministry.
2+ years of experience working in a student ministry in a church over 500 people
Bachelors degree or equivalent
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to firstname.lastname@example.org *****
To serve as a spiritual leader, role model, and champion of youth while integrating youth ministry throughout the church.
Location: Denton, Texas
Hours: Maintain part-time schedule (20-25 hours/week with flexible hours) meeting youth program needs, assisting and participating along with Children’s and Music Ministry staff and in coordination with Senior Pastor during at least one worship service and the Sunday school hour.
Responsibilities and Goals: The Director of Youth Ministries supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values to develop a thriving United Methodist youth ministries program and providing programming and spiritual guidance for junior and senior high youth. The Director works with the Senior Pastor, staff members, the congregation, junior and senior high youth and their families to develop and implement programming for preparing our youth to become leaders within the church and their community.
Specific duties and tasks of the position
· Lead and teach youth Sunday school as well as lead the Wednesday and Sunday night youth programming
· Recruit youth from TUMC and the community to participate in youth ministry
· Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to develop and teach confirmation class for middle school and high school. Provide leadership beyond the classroom by equipping mentors, encouraging parental support, and challenging confirmands to fully participate in the journey
· Work with the youth to set an annual calendar of activities and events
· Develop and support the planning and execution of events that encompass a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group/team building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach
· Empower and mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
· Encourage youth in developing their relationship with God
· Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their community and world
· Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget
· Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratio
· Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth at TUMC and in the community
· Establish and maintain strong and timely communication with the church staff and leadership, parents, youth and congregation as a whole
· Ensure that Ministry Safe (child protection policy) is observed in all youth ministry settings
· Incorporate music as an element of youth ministry either through personal talent or talents of others within the church community including working closely with our Praise Band (plays primarily at contemporary Refuel service (9:45 am)
· Attendance at weekly staff meeting and worship planning meetings
· Travel is required several times throughout the year for mission trips, weekend retreats and youth activities
· Provide sermon leadership once per quarter at contemporary (Refuel 9:45 am) and provide support for contemporary Refuel Service (9:45 am) worship service as needed to support pastor
· Pastor may provide additional tasks that are consistent with the job description and can reasonably be expected to be accomplished within the position’s work hours (20-25 hours/week)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology
2. Must know and believe that the mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
3. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is a preferred requirement. A Professional Certification in Youth Ministry is a preferred requirement.
4. Experience at United Methodist Churches is preferred, but not required.
5. Desired qualities:
A. visionary leadership and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
B. excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer/technology skills including social media and the ability to use church-related software
C. possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, their families, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
Cornerstone Church and Our Youth Program
Cornerstone is a community-oriented, intergenerational congregation with an average weekly attendance of about 225 and a staff of eight. We are dedicated to the Good News of Jesus’ death and resurrection, the hope of new life today and tomorrow, the love of God for all people, and the commission of Christ to care for the poor and build the Kingdom. Our youth program is intended to reflect this overall commitment, with an emphasis on welcome and inclusion of all students, and the provision of a safe and encouraging space in which to grow in faith, service and practice. We have one of the largest youth groups in the area with year-round programming, events, and more.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Youth Ministries is to encourage youth in the development of their own relationships with God in Christ, via weekly youth group, worship attendance, service and mission opportunities, special events, and involvement within the larger scope of the Church. The Youth Director position is diverse in responsibilities, detail-oriented and highly relational in nature.
Weekly Responsibilities include:
· Planning and oversight of weekly High School Youth group on Wednesday evenings, including programmatic details like meal provision, games, worship, and speakers/large group studies/small group coordination
· Attendance at weekly Sunday Worship services
· Coordination with youth volunteers, pastor and staff, including Middle School youth coordinator and Children’s Ministry Director
· Relational availability with students
· Program preparation
Monthly Responsibilities include:
· Participation in monthly staff meeting and Church Leadership Team (CLT) meeting
· Communication with our Church, Parents and Youth via Social Media, our Newsletter, Emails, Sunday Announcements, etc
· Support and equipping of youth volunteers
Seasonal and Yearly Responsibilities include:
· Special Events in conjunction with or in addition to regular programming. Recent examples have included Fall kickoff, Friendsgiving, Christmas Party, Youth Sunday, Progressive Dinner, outreach events and service project opportunities
· Plan, coordinate and help lead a pair of retreats each year; recent examples include a joint-youth mid-winter break retreat, and a youth summer retreat in conjunction with Cornerstone’s annual weekend at Lazy F Camp
· Recruit, develop and coordinate adult volunteers and leaders in support of youth programming, including training and provision of necessary curriculum or resources
· Coordinate, equip and empower students in leadership and areas of responsibility, including musical talent and participation within Sunday Worship
· Join with pastor, staff and lay leadership in adhering to Safe Church Policy and the provision of a safe, caring and enthusiastic environment for youth. This includes oversight of permission slips, adult-to-student ratios, driver supervision when transporting youth, etc
· Participate in the larger ministries of Cornerstone Church, and join with staff and lay leadership as an ambassador for our congregation
· Christ-centered faith and willingness to share it enthusiastically
· Ability to organize, communicate and direct youth programs, from weekly gatherings to yearly events
· Ability to relate with and hold positive interactions with senior high-aged youth
· Biblical knowledge and ability to select and lead a biblically- based curriculum
· Education and work experience related to working with youth
· Effective team building and teamwork skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Time Commitment and Compensation
· Willingness to commit at least two years to nurturing and growing the youth ministries of our Church
· Weekly time commitment may vary on season and schedule, but should typically average 30 hours
· Vacation benefits provided
The ideal candidate will be creative, spiritually mature, demonstrates evidence of a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, energetic, technologically advanced, musically inclined, and possess the ability to preach and motivate others.
Provide Organizational Leadership and Oversight for the Following Programs:
· Weekly Youth Group – Mid High and Senior High Programming
· Youth Mission / Summer Camps / Service Projects / Outreach programing.
· Youth Leadership Development. Preparing them for each stage of their life (Mid through Senior High)
· Teambuilding events (retreats, service projects, etc) throughout the year
Encourage Youth growth in faith towards mature, Christian adulthood with the four directions of growth:
· Outreach (outward) – Youth evangelism and service (aka ministry), intentionally invitational.
· Fellowship (inward) – Youth group building, nurture, and fun (special events/outtings/school related activities).
· Worship (upward) – Youth worship in connection with their church family
· Discipleship (downward) – Youth Bible study and leadership training
Build Volunteer base for the various programming above:
· Train and inspire Congregation adults / families for ministry among the youth
· Hire, lead, and team with a part time Youth Ministry Assistant.
· Create and administer an annual budget, working with the church accountant and partnering elder
Bachelor’s Degree (minimum). This is a non-ordained position.
Previous Youth leadership experience; 3-5 years minimum of a 50+ student group.
Advanced computer/technical skills (Windows proficient, Church software experience preferred.)
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is looking for their next Director of Youth Ministry. After spending the past year evaluating and developing a strategic plan for their youth ministry, they are excited to find the right person to help implement it. Only 10 minutes away from downtown Jacksonville, Florida, the best of all worlds meet at St. Mark’s. St. Mark’s is an intergenerational church with many involved youth, committed adult volunteers and friendly parishioners. This church is located in an historic neighborhood, canopied by oak trees, one block from the St. John’s River. Great restaurants, professional sports, a thriving arts scene, and outdoor recreation opportunities make this a vibrant community and the #2 “Up and Coming City” in America according to Time magazine. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Life Christian Church is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate for our Youth Ministries Pastor position.
This is a full-time position. Compensation 55k-65k plus compensation package (healthcare, 401k matching funds, additional $1,000 per year towards continued education, 2 weeks paid vacation, moving expenses)
-Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, positive example of Christian living.
-Above average knowledge of the Bible and the ability to make connections between its truths and topics relevant to our youth.
-Become a member of our Life Christian Church and support of the principles and beliefs.
– College degree in ministry related field is required.
GOALS FOR THE YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of our youth program is to provide opportunities for each of our students for Christ.
-The individual selected for this role will provide opportunities for youth to Know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
-Planning, organizing, and leading high school, middle school youth groups and young adults.
-Coordinating special events
-Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
-Maintaining the program’s social media pages.
-Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Senior Pastor.
ABOUT LIFE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
To find out more, visit our website www.MyLifeChristianChurch.org If interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume to Pastor Shane Womack at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Falls Presbyterian Church is passionate about the spiritual growth of youth. We seek a person who will develop and lead a weekly program with Jr. and Sr. High school youth which includes Sunday evening programs, activities, small groups, retreats, bible studies and mission endeavors.
If you have a love for the Lord, can build relationships with youth, have the ability to motivate and develop youth leaders, have strong leadership and administrative skills, can plan programs in advance, communicate well and relate well to others, and believe that you might be the right person for this position, you are encouraged to apply. Our pastor and dedicated youth ministry leaders are waiting for God to call upon you to join us in ministry to children and youth.
We offer compensation which includes a yearly salary and the use of a recently renovated tax-free 2-bedroom apartment.
View full Job Description at https://www.littlefallschurch.org/director-of-youth
Part-Time 20-25 flexible hours per week; Salary: $18,000 – $22,000 yr. plus rent free/tax-free use of a 2-bedroom standalone apartment in the 22207 zip code of north Arlington, Virginia with front door access to the Arlington bus and Metro access less than a mile away.
Total estimated part-time position value, including housing $41,000 – $45,000
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Position will begin as soon as candidate is chosen.
The Girls Discipleship Coordinator will work under the Youth Pastor to ensure female students at Church of the Redeemer (Nashville) receive pastoral care and personal discipleship. In addition, the Coordinator will work with the Youth Pastor to facilitate regular youth programming and special events. Hours will vary from week to week, but average around 10/week while school is in session and 5/week while school is out of session.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Discipleship: Meet with female students individually and/or in groups for discipleship and pastoral care. These meetings should build connection with students and provide intentional conversation around issues of faith, ministry and discipleship.
2. Events: Attend and help lead weekly Bible studies, monthly special events, the annual student retreat and other ministries directed to students.
3. Administration: Assist the Youth Pastor in planning and preparing programming, special events, social outings and retreats.
· Meet weekly with the Youth Pastor for supervision and ministry planning
· Regular attender of Church of the Redeemer
· Attend weekly Bible Studies (middle school and high school)
· Regular meetings with students outside of events
· Administrative work including but not limited to emailing, designing, printing, mailing
Qualifications and Skills:
· Christian commitment of faith
· High school diploma
· Foundational Biblical understanding and knowledge
· Strong relational skills
· Youth ministry experience
Position Title: High School Ministry Director
Position Job Description: Lead and serve the high school ministry by creating pathways to discipleship through equipped adults and students
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Next Generation Director
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
· Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
· Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
· Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
· Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
· Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
· Team player
· Teaching gift and desire to teach students and adults (may fill the pulpit as requested by Sr. Pastor)
· Strong, creative, and innovative leader
· Ability to partner with parents
· 3+ years of experience leading a high school ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
· Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis and develop other teachers as well
· Work with interns (to help lead the ministry)
· Be apart of our Bethel sports leadership team
· Develop, assemble, and equip student leaders
· Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, etc)
· Hire and equip support staff such as coordinator. and music leads
· Promote connection with students in the local high schools
· Create a culture that reaches out
· Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
· An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
· An ability for mentoring and developing others to effectively carry out the ministry
· An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
· An effective communicator to both large and small groups
· The maturity to both lead and to follow
· An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
Nothing in this job description restricts Bethel Church right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
**Must apply through BambooHR at www.bethel.ch under Employment Opportunities
As part of the overall strategy for ChristWay Church this position will develop a comprehensive approach to High School and College age student ministry that equips and challenges students to live as faithful followers of Jesus Christ, in alignment with ChristWay’s mission and vision.
- In cooperation with other student ministry leaders, develop programs and events that focus on building spiritually mature high school and college students.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Maintain strong leadership for the student ministry through effective recruiting, training and retaining strategies with adult volunteers.
- Grow the student ministry through compelling gospel driven environments that engage both the churched and unchurched.
- Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel the students, young adults and parents towards effective lives as followers of Jesus.
- Engage in the personal lives of students, directly and through adult volunteers.
- Oversee, with help from adult volunteers, the identification of students with leadership potential and provide opportunities for development.
- Partner with church leadership to provide opportunities for students to be directly involved in missions and ministry, both locally and outside the community.
- Network with other like-minded student ministry leaders to support starting and strengthening school campus ministries.
- In partnership with church leadership, develop an annual budget for the high school and college ministry and operate within the budget each year.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching, weddings, counseling, funerals, etc.).
- Actively contribute to weekly staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or related field. Master of Divinity degree preferred.
- Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Understanding of and willingness to adhere to the doctrinal commitments of ChristWay
- At least 5 years’ experience ministering to youth and leading student ministry volunteers
Passion and calling for students and student ministry
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, able to plan months in advance
To apply, send cover letter, resume and personal testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org