Summer Intern –
We are a thriving church based in Athens, TX that offers one of the most exciting
summer internship programs in East Texas! We strive for gender balance in our intern
program with 2 males and 2 females
Our Church: First Baptist Church Athens is a multicultural, multi-generational, and
missional church dedicated to our community!
Our Internship begins with an awesome and unique trip just for interns, and it ends
with the Global Leadership Summit.
We believe in our biblical motto, Love God, Live Like Jesus, and Serve Others.
The Position: We’re looking for Summer Interns. The position is paid weekly for a total
of $2,196 for the summer.
We offer free housing.
We also offer a week vacation. (unpaid)
Length of Position: The position begins Sunday, May 20th and ends Sunday, August
The Location: First Baptist Athens is located in Athens, TX. This is a great place to live
because, you get the benefits of being in a small town, while also being a short distance
from great cities such as Dallas and Tyler. Fun Fact! Athens is also birthplace of the
Why Should You Apply?
We are at a unique moment in our church. Both our student ministry and our
children’s ministry are experiencing multicultural shifts that we believe reflect the
future of the Church.
Our Student Ministry runs its own camp and you get to be a part of this wonderful
Our Children’s Ministry is a blast of creativity with VBS and other various summer
If you are interested, contact Jorge Rivera at Jorge@authenticyouth.com, or contact
Cindy Henderson at Cindy@lovingtheworld.com. Feel free to explore our website at
Are you a college student or young adult who has a heart for teenagers? Consider spending the summer working with the middle and high school youth at Hope Presbyterian Church in Fredericksburg, Virginia! Join us for a summer of outdoor adventure camps, mission trips, small groups and much more! This full-time, paid summer internship is ideally suited for candidates who are interested in pursuing vocational ministry. This is a minimum 40 hours/week position, for 12 weeks (May-Aug, start/end dates negotiable depending upon individual’s schedule) in exchange for $3,500. Housing is available upon request with a family in our congregation.
Learn more about Hope on our website: http://www.hopechurchva.org/
Worship Attendance (1 hr) We believe we exist to “glorify God and enjoy him forever,” thus worship is a priority. All interns are expected to participate weekly in a Sunday morning worship service with the Hope Presbyterian Church family.
“Contact Work” with Children and Families (10 hrs/wk) The goal of our ministry is to partner with parents, encouraging and equipping them to disciple their young people. Establishing and nurturing healthy relationships with both parents and youth is key. Summer provides many opportunities for casual contact including community swim meets (quite popular in our area), athletic competitions, and so on. Creativity is also encouraged in pursuing intentional contacts, one-on-one or in small groups.
Small Group Discipleship (4 hrs/wk) Establish, direct, and teach a gender-specific small group meeting weekly in the home of a congregant. Intern may also occasionally be called upon as a substitute for other groups or Sunday school classes.
Preparation and Planning (10 hrs/wk) Study will be required in preparation for small group lessons and curriculum. The intern may also be tasked with responsibilities related to recruiting and training volunteers and student leaders for various activities. Time will also be devoted to planning and preparing outreach events (e.g. community cookout, food bank, etc.) and fellowship activities (e.g. KD trip, Flying Squirrels game, etc.).
Administrative Responsibilities (7 hrs/wk) This includes administrative duties as a member of Hope Presbyterian Church professional staff, such as weekly staff meetings, weekly meetings/planning sessions with the Director of Youth Ministry, trip planning, reporting, and other duties as assigned by the Youth Director.
Personal Development (7 hrs/wk) Time is to be spent in pursuit of personal growth both professionally and spiritually. Intern will be assigned several reading assignments during the course of the summer and expected to report on them. (We have our ideas, but have in mind some of your own ideas as to what you might like to read.) A written report will be required at the beginning of the internship outlining the individual’s hopes and goals for the summer. Keeping a journal (paper or electronic) is highly recommended. A written report with regard to the successes and failures in attaining those goals, as well as an exit interview will be required upon completion of the summer internship.
“Other” Responsibilities (1 hr/wk) Opportunities abound for participation in various aspects of worship and church life which may or may not be directly related to youth ministry.
To apply, contact Director of Youth Ministry Bryan Lees- firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Middle School Ministry Resident (Male)
Reports To: Middle School Pastor
The purposes of the resident positions in Student Ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service.
- To give those considering full time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness.
- To equip residents in additional areas of ministry within the church, allocating ⅓ of residency.
Description of Church:
Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus community and a rapidly growing church in West Knoxville and Roane County, TN. For the past 20 years we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God of love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training Residents to be the best pastors possible. Our middle school ministry has over 130 students actively involved and attending our weekly Wednesday night gathering called The Mix.
- To have contact with students on a weekly basis
- To be actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs. This may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- To be involved in planning and leading out Project Serve, our local summer service trip each year
- To be involved in staff meetings and Resident Development (a program that meets weekly), which includes mentoring by our senior staff leadership.
- To spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- To assist in recruitment, training and nurture of volunteers
- To be actively involved in leading and equipping small groups
- To help with whatever ongoing administrative tasks might need to be done
- To have set office time each week to be available to assist student ministry staff
- To be involved with another area of ministry within the church for up to ⅓ of time as a resident
- To help in giving lessons and teaching on Wednesday nights
Weekly Involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- The Mix, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Intern development process
Knoxville is a great area to live. We are 20 minutes from Downtown and the University of Tennessee, and are a day trip away from Asheville, Atlanta, and Nashville. We are also within flying distance from Hawaii, Paris, China, and basically anywhere else in the world!
- Salary + Free housing
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- Unlimited supply of m&m’s
- One Frisbee golf disc
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree by May 2019
- 1-2 years volunteer experience at a church, camp, or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
40+ hours per week.
Two year commitment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume to Tami Hodges at email@example.com.
Are You a College Student with a Passion for Working with Middle School and High School Students?
Are You Looking for a Summer Job That Has an Impact for Christ?
Is a Calling Into Full-Time Ministry Something That You Are Considering?
Bellevue Baptist Church is looking for two college students (one guy, one girl) to serve as summer youth ministry interns, working with high school and middle school students this summer.
· 5-day work schedule
· 10 weeks of ministry opportunities (last week of May through the first week of August), including camp/mission trip
· Interaction with and impact on the lives of over 100 teenagers
· Free Housing provided
· Paid position
· Excellent staff and experienced Student Pastor
· Vibrant student ministry in a contemporary setting
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must be willing to live in Owensboro, KY for 10 weeks in summer of 2019
- Must be willing to work full-time in the position with no additional summer jobs
- Must be a college student who has completed their 1st year of school
- Must provide your own reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work alongside another intern and volunteers, under the leadership of the Student Pastor
- Must be available to attend a week-long mission trip and a week-long summer camp
- Must abide by Student Ministry Intern Contract and Expectations Form once hired
- Additional requirements may be presented upon hiring
To apply, contact Kyle Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (270) 685-5103. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS March 1, 2019.
This position will work with the Youth Ministry Director to give organizational leadership to Calvary Youth Ministries. Our Youth ministry Assistant will aid in the strategic planning processes of the Youth Ministry, help plan and organize weekly gatherings and special events within the Youth Ministry, mentor our students in both group and individual settings, work with the YM Director to guide students through our teaching checkpoints, assist in running weekly Friday chapels at Calvary Christian School, and occasionally assist in Youth Ministry related communication efforts. As a member of the Calvary Ministry Team our Youth Ministry Assistant will report directly to the Youth Ministries Director but will be supported in working alongside and encouraging all members of the Ministry Team. The Youth Ministry Assistant will also need to relate to unchurched youth, as well as those who have become overly familiar to church, thus striving to help make the Youth Ministry fun, approachable, and instilling depth of a personal faith in all youth that attend.
The ideal candidate will have considerable student ministry experience or ministry leadership experience. A college level degree is not required for this position.
Characteristics & Qualifications
• Clearly communicates a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Be committed to lead others to develop a personal walk with God.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
• Natural organizational competency and a keen eye for details.
• A solid understanding of the modern culture.
• A proactive, rather than reactive, attitude and spirit.
• Ability to lead students in discussion scenarios
• Ability to exercise spiritual discernment and good judgment.
• A high aptitude for constant learning.
• Someone who excels at flexibility and embraces the challenges that come with the ever-changing world of Church life.
• Someone who is a team player.
• Someone with a great sense of humor.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Shown ability to organize and lead worship environments for varying ages
• Skill in graphic design and creative arts
• Proficient in public speaking
• Able to use and communicate via social media and applicable technology.
• Affinity for binge watching shows on varying streaming outlets
Hours: 15-20 Per Week
Find out more information about Calvary at calvarypalisades.org