Polk Street United Methodist Church is actively seeking a full-time Student Ministries Pastor. PSUMC is a leadership church in the panhandle, and is looking for the right person that is passionate about students, looking to build a program, and ready be a part of an excellent staff team. One year of seminary and three years of experience would be ideal.
Life Christian Church is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate for our Youth Ministries Pastor position.
This is a full-time position. Compensation 55k-65k plus compensation package (healthcare, 401k matching funds, additional $1,000 per year towards continued education, 2 weeks paid vacation, moving expenses)
-Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, positive example of Christian living.
-Above average knowledge of the Bible and the ability to make connections between its truths and topics relevant to our youth.
-Become a member of our Life Christian Church and support of the principles and beliefs.
– College degree in ministry related field is required.
GOALS FOR THE YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of our youth program is to provide opportunities for each of our students for Christ.
-The individual selected for this role will provide opportunities for youth to Know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
-Planning, organizing, and leading high school, middle school youth groups and young adults.
-Coordinating special events
-Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
-Maintaining the program’s social media pages.
-Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Senior Pastor.
ABOUT LIFE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
To find out more, visit our website www.MyLifeChristianChurch.org If interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume to Pastor Shane Womack at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for God’s man to encourage youth in their spiritual journey by modeling what it means to live a passionate, Christ-centered life. Christ Community Church (CCC) is an elder-led, non-denominational church with approximately 1300 people in our weekly worship services. Our youth programs range from 65-100 in attendance between Sunday and Wednesday night ministries.
We are committed to gospel-centered worship, teaching, discipleship, and reaching the community with the life-changing truth of the gospel. The individual we are seeking should have significant experience working with youth; be a strong team member and team player; be committed to carrying out the mission and vision of CCC; and must be able to endorse the constitution, bylaws and doctrinal statement of CCC and follow the leadership of the elders.
This man will be a committed Christian who continues to grow in his relationship with God through Jesus Christ; lives consistently with the biblical standards of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; and has the support of his family in this ministry. We would prefer an individual with a seminary degree. However, a combination of Bible College and experience working with youth will also be considered. Experience in other areas of adult ministry will be required as the individual in this position will be called upon to assist with weddings, funerals, pastoral care and pastor-on-call duties, and adhere to our church doctrinal statement.
The Pastor of Middle School is responsible for leading our middle school students towards Christ, equipping volunteers to disciple and mentor students, and partnering with parents as they disciple their kids.
Please submit your resume to Sarah Over at email@example.com. Due to the confidential nature of this job posting, please do not call or contact the church office. We will review resumes and contact you if we require further information.
Job title: Youth Pastor
Starting Date: ASAP
Starting Salary: $42,000 to $52,000
Responsible To: Family Ministries Pastor
Probation Period: 6 months
Hours: Full time
Benefits: Medical, retirement, PTO, tax-free housing allowance
Heritage Christian Fellowship is seeking a Youth Pastor to help us accomplish our purpose and vision by building a strong ministry to youth and their families in our community.
Heritage Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational charismatic church located in Orange County, California. We began Heritage in 1993 and currently average about 350 adults with 2 Sunday morning services. Our purpose is to “love God, love people and make disciples.” We are a church committed to “going deeper together – loving God, loving people and the world.” We are a church of “the Word and the Spirit”, holding to both the evangelical tradition and the charismatic tradition. We desire to see a dynamic youth ministry to impact future generations for Christ in our city. We place a strong emphasis on building community and discipleship among our church family through participation in weekly small groups. For more information about the church see our web site: heritagesc.org.
Please read the job qualifications and responsibilities carefully, as we describe in detail what we deem essential for a qualified candidate. Respectfully, we will respond only to applicants who appear to meet the job requirements and look like a good fit for our team. We are grateful for your interest and pray that God will lead us both!
Contact: Jared Powell, 949-361-1022; firstname.lastname@example.org
· Oversee all aspects of the Middle School Ministry and High School Ministry.
· Oversee Short-Term Missions.
· The role includes general pastoral responsibilities such as teaching, pastoral care, counseling, visitation, etc.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide leadership, vision and planning for Middle School and High School Ministries in support of the vision of the church.
· Recruit, train and support volunteer leaders so they’re well equipped for their roles, lead with excellence, are always growing and accomplishing their goals.
· Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the youth ministries to ensure a fun, safe, and effective environment for students to grow in Christ, including Sunday and mid-week meetings.
· Care for students directly and through volunteers
· Prepare and manage budgets for each ministry area.
· Plan, organize and lead youth events, camps and activities
· Support and involve parents in the youth ministries.
· Oversee the Short-Term Missions Ministry, including recruiting and training team leaders, leading ST mission trips and nurturing global partnerships.
· Oversee excellence in administration and communications.
· Participate in learning opportunities to continue personal growth in character, skills and knowledge – mentoring, conferences, books, etc.
· Along with other staff, help lead all-church events, leadership meetings, retreats, outreaches, etc.
· Meet regularly with the Family Ministries Pastor for reporting, accountability, training, etc.
· Other duties as needed
Qualifications & Skills
· A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christ-like character
· A heart and calling for ministering to youth
· A bachelor’s degree or bible college degree (completed or near completion)
· A minimum of 2 years relevant ministry experience
· Experience in raising up volunteers
· An enthusiastic self-starter with a high work capacity
· Proven competence in developing and implementing plans and strategies
· A team player who enjoys working with others
· The ability to connect well with parents and youth
· Strong communication skills
· Compatibility with our church DNA and charismatic theology
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Religion or significant experience in full time Youth Ministry
Profile of the person seeking: Loves teenagers, gifted speaker and Bible teacher, visionary, team player, self-starter who takes imitative, passionate about saving the unsaved, knowledge and experience in small group ministry. Has strong recruiting skills and team management skills.
Overview: COMPASS has a main campus with a 1,500 seat worship center and 2 satellite campuses. We are non-denominational (under the umbrella of ECO), an orthodox, Bible believing, Jesus-centered people. See our Statement of Faith and dynamic worship on our website. We are a regional, high-impact church with TV & radio ministries that draw from a wide geographical area. And very importantly most of staff is 15+ years here and loves working with everyone else. Staff meetings are fun. We have a dynamic worship ministry at 3 locations. See clips of music on our website.
We need a director who is passionate about Evangelism and discipling teenagers through Sunday and midweek small and large groups, camps, special trips, etc.
- Grow the middle school ministry to 50 students in one year.
Grow the high school ministry to 100 students in one year.
Teach middle school and high school each hour on Sunday mornings.
Oversee the recruitment of middle school and high school adult leaders.
Build relationship with students and adult leaders
Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
Lead middle school and high school Summer and Winter trips.
Hospital calling as needed.
Rotate leading Sunday night services.
Manage the youth budget within the guidelines of the approved budget and adhere to the purchasing policies of the church
Organize and run the annual “Turkey Trot” youth ministry fundraiser
Required Skills and Job Complexity:
- Innovative & creative
- Strong speaking skills
- Recruiting of volunteers
- Organized and able to multitask
- Solution oriented
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving.
- Relational skills
- Sense of humor because laughter is a big part of the climate at Compass.
- ‘Extra mile’ person who does not have a ‘silo’ mentality and will help in big projects like Christmas On Main Street.
- Deep prayer and devotional life.
Resume, references, photo of self & family, and at least one preaching dvd (or link).
This ministry position will oversee four primary areas of leadership within the Student Ministries and specifically the Jr. High Ministry. Those areas include: volunteers, evangelism, communication, and teaching/programming at the weekend services. Responsibilities will include community building with volunteers, recruiting and training of volunteers, partnering with off-campus organizations in evangelism efforts, communicating with parents and students via email, social media, website, and teaching. The Jr. High Pastor will report to and work closely with the Student Ministry/High School Pastor to implement the vision and director of JHM (Junior High Ministry).
Specific Ministry Responsibilities
• Discipleship: Shepherding the Junior High students and volunteer leaders and nurturing their spiritual relationships is your primary focus! This specifically breaks down into three main areas.
• Junior High Volunteers: Aside from Jesus being at the center of our ministry, volunteers are the backbone. When they’re healthy in their walk with the Lord, they’re able to shepherd well. It’s your role to love, care, nurture, pray for, and encourage these volunteers. You will oversee the value and function of volunteers in JHM. This will require vision casting at Leadership Gatherings, individual encouragement of leaders, and empowerment of staff to affirm and utilize leaders in all areas of ministry. Coach volunteers in every event, weekend service and trips to understand the vision and value of the ministry. Pastor care of volunteers with ongoing check-in conversations with each leader. You will develop leaders to understand their next steps in ministry or church.
• Student Leaders: You’ll have an overarching role of helping in the growth of our Jr. High students; however, you’ll be able to go deeper with your small group of student leaders.
• Parents: Parents continue to be the primary means in which faith is passed down in the family structure. Part of your role is to develop and invest in parents & families.
• Create opportunities for on-campus presence in local Student Ministries on school campuses (student-led clubs)
• Partner with para-church organizations like FCA, Young Life, and Youth for Christ to reach students not currently part of the church.
Teach JHM students to be able to share their story with their friends. This will involve training and coaching students throughout the year.
• Teaching: The Jr. High Pastor will have the overarching role of teaching the Jr. High students each Sunday and developing Thursday Night Life Group content.
• Teach regularly in JHM services.
• Develop messages and message series with your teams to advance and disciple your students through effective communication of God’s Word.
• Teach in High School ministry when available and interested.
• Teaching @ on-campus clubs and gatherings to promote the gospel and the JHM vision implemented within our ministry.
Administration: It’s important for us to be organized internally in order to be effective in reaching out to young people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your role will span a variety of administrative tasks. This could look like:
• Social Media
• Updating/Creating Data Bases
• Event Planning
• Website Upkeep
• Youth Room
Other Ministry Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the Student Ministries Team. Work closely with other staff members to create a deep and meaningful ministry centered on discipleship and helping students develop a relationship with Jesus.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Parents or volunteers who have concerns with JHM and Student Ministries
• Evaluating situations and meeting the needs appropriate to the beliefs of Mariners SC.
• Trusting the leadership of the church and aligning to the core values and Transformational Loop.
• All Church
• The JHM Pastor will be asked to participate in various activities which have all-church implications.
• Attend Monthly Staff Meetings
• Attend Story Time Weekly
• Other duties as assigned
• Reporting relationship: Jr. High Pastor will report to the Student Ministry/High School Pastor, or in their absence, the Lead Pastor.
• Maintain a consistent devotional time with God
• Participate and facilitate a Rooted Group/Life Group
• Work a 50-hour week (included in this time is up to 5 hours for personal devotion time and up to 3 hours for participating in an accountability group.)
• Complete Financial Peace University within the first year on staff.
• Qualifications: Here are some qualifications we are looking for in a Junior High Pastor. If you think you’d be ax good addition to our team please apply today.
• Born-again Disciple of Jesus Christ
• Organized & Efficient
• Team Player
• Good Communication Skills
• Passion for teaching God’s Word
• Comfortable in Front of An Audience
• Leadership Experience
• Attention to Detail
• Working Knowledge of different computer programs designed to make your job more efficient.
• Problem Solver
• Bachelor Degree Preferred
• Youth Ministry Experience
Little Falls Presbyterian Church is passionate about the spiritual growth of youth. We seek a person who will develop and lead a weekly program with Jr. and Sr. High school youth which includes Sunday evening programs, activities, small groups, retreats, bible studies and mission endeavors.
If you have a love for the Lord, can build relationships with youth, have the ability to motivate and develop youth leaders, have strong leadership and administrative skills, can plan programs in advance, communicate well and relate well to others, and believe that you might be the right person for this position, you are encouraged to apply. Our pastor and dedicated youth ministry leaders are waiting for God to call upon you to join us in ministry to children and youth.
We offer compensation which includes a yearly salary and the use of a recently renovated tax-free 2-bedroom apartment.
View full Job Description at https://www.littlefallschurch.org/director-of-youth
Part-Time 20-25 flexible hours per week; Salary: $18,000 – $22,000 yr. plus rent free/tax-free use of a 2-bedroom standalone apartment in the 22207 zip code of north Arlington, Virginia with front door access to the Arlington bus and Metro access less than a mile away.
Total estimated part-time position value, including housing $41,000 – $45,000
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Position will begin as soon as candidate is chosen.
GSLC Youth Leader Job Description
Job Title: Part Time Youth Director FLSA: Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 20
Assist in developing, expanding, and leading, in coordination with the Pastor, all aspects of youth ministry programs for up to 25 middle school youth by creating and leading fellowship and educational opportunities. Evident Christian commitment, with a desire to bring young people to Christ and nurture children, youth, and families in faith. Must be able to work evenings and some weekends throughout the school year.
- Plan and lead evening meetings, 3 times monthly, for middle school youth, with appropriate activities and lessons focused on spiritual awareness and faith formation.
- Plan and lead youth activities, including outings, and service projects designed to develop interest and involvement in the community and the program at least 1-2 times a month.
- Create opportunities within the program that will inspire the youth to nurture their faith and develop spiritual maturity.
- Research, select, and present Biblically based curriculum and studies applicable to today’s youth.
- Communicate program plans with parents and youth through various methods (newsletters, emails, and mailings).
- Plan and oversee fundraising activities to help finance the youth activities and projects.
- Attend church staff meetings, Youth Committee meetings, and Church Council meetings.
- A College Degree in Religious Studies or related degree or working towards a degree.
- Experience working with school aged students strongly preferred.
- Experience attending youth groups for liturgical Christian congregations or schools
- Experience in the development of youth programs and activities a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of youth, their parents, and members of the congregation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct meetings with purpose while having fun
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, and resume to: RevDan@gslcnovato.org
Youth Director Columbia Presbyterian Church
Purpose – The Youth Director at Columbia will provide opportunities and guidance to our youth to help create life-long disciples of Jesus Christ always considering our Youth Ministry guiding principle of L.I.F.E.R.S. (Creating life-long disciples, Intentional planning, Family centered, Equipping our youth and families, forming and facilitating meaningful Relationships, and Service)
Accountability – This position will report to the Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team, the Personnel Ministry Team and the Session.
Time – The Position is 40 hours a week. It is an exempt and salaried position.
Regularly meet with Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministries
Event champion and lead person on all Middle School/High School events and Middle School and High School Sunday School
Directly Provide and oversee pastoral care issues related to Middle School/High School students and their parents/families
Shared program leadership with Associate Pastor for both Middle School and High School
Regular contact work with students
Retreats and Calendar Planning
Recruit and Equip Leadership for Middle School Ministries (Adults and Core Leaders) and High School Ministries (Adults)
Participate in Sunday Worship at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Full participation in program staff meetings
Participation in monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings
Oversight over our Annual Work Camp Auction
Lead our annual Summer Internship for High School and College Students
Manage the budget for Youth Ministries in cooperation with the Youth Ministries Team
o College Diploma from an Accredited University
o A deep love for Jesus and for students
o Previous youth ministry experience with students (preferred 2-3+ years)
o Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with other colleagues in a multi-staff and team based environment
o Good conflict resolution skills
o Ability to engage in long term planning
o Ideal candidate would have some abilities in several of these areas:
o Technology and Social Media
o Musical Gifts for Worship
o Capacity for and interest in theological reflection
o Biblically based teaching that is relevant and engaging
o An active and healthy prayer life
o Leadership of games and activities
Columbia Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation that has been a solid example of Christ’s witness in its community since the 1950’s. While we are a blended church in terms of age and tradition, we are on the cutting edge of student ministry. We have developed new approaches to youth ministry that are currently leading national conversations about the future of student ministry across the United States. In short, we are a blend of the traditional and the innovative. We are not a flashy church, but what we do, we do well. We are biblically centered and Christ centered and while we have remained in the PCUSA denomination, we represent a center right church theologically. Columbia is orthodox, passionate for Christ, but unwilling to settle for simple answers to any question. We are highly reflective. Our youth ministry is vibrant and well supported financially and in terms of leadership. It is a spectacular place to worship and call home and is a very healthy staff. It is also a community that has a long history of caring for its ministers well.
The Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area is one of the most popular places to live in the country with mountains, rivers, and lakes galore. It is a wonderful place for people who like the outdoors and a small/medium sized metro area. The urban and the wild are 15 minutes in either direction. The climate, though rainy and often grey in some seasons, has wonderful fall seasons, mild winters, and superb summers. There are great schools in the area and it is a wonderful place to call home.
The salary range starts at 50k and may be higher depending on experience. There is generous vacation and study leave time. There are also generous professional expense applications and some funding for study leave. There are also medical benefits and the possibility of a package of other benefits depending on experience and years served. Anyone inquiring about the position can ask about these other benefits.
Underpinning all of these responsibilities is the Youth Director’s need to engage in self-care. This would include:
-Tending to your relationship with Jesus
-Tending to your family
-Taking adequate time for personal rest and reflection so that you are ministering from abundance
-Taking time for professional study leave for the sake of professional and spiritual growth
Interested Candidates should contact:
Matt Overton- Associate Pastor for Youth and Families
Marvin United Methodist Church is looking to hire an exuberant associate youth minister. Marvin UMC is a historic downtown church in the rapidly growing city of Tyler, TX. We have an amazing facility and a robust student ministry program. If you’re looking to be a skilled part of a team, we want to talk with you!
The associate youth minister would need to be able to teach, organize, and lead a youth program. Must be willing to travel for youth trips several times a year. Must be able to have fun. Must love Jesus!
Weekly Church Attendance: 1000+
Location: Tyler, TX
The role: The Associate Youth Minister at Marvin United Methodist Church will provide leadership, teaching and coordination within the youth department, with special emphasis on the junior high students.
Meet Marvin United Methodist Church:
Marvin United Methodist Church is a historic and vibrant downtown church in Tyler, TX. With over 1000 people across our 4 Sunday Traditional and Contemporary services, we offer excellence on both end of the campus. Our Missions, Student and Children ministries are key components to our church as we live out our vision to Call, Equip, and Send people for service in God’s Kingdom. We are a Biblically grounded church that focuses on Discipleship through a wide array of classes both on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
The Role will:
Lead and teach youth on Sunday mornings, and on Sunday and Wednesday nights.
Develop the Confirmation Class for middle school.
Develop and implement retreats, mission experiences, activities and other events to help youth grow in their relationship with Christ and in their sense of servant discipleship and mission.
Help recruit, train, direct and provide structure and support for volunteer youth counselors.
Work with other staff to integrate youth into the life of the church.
Be available to minister to and counsel youth.
Work with and provide leadership to the Youth Council.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field. A seminary degree or further theological training is a great bonus.
The ideal candidate will have five years or more of leadership experience, particularly as a Student Pastor, with a proven record of success and longevity.
Possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
Is a pastor as much as a youth pastor.
Has a Christ-like, servant attitude.
Is devoted to the call of God and the core values, vision, and purposes of Marvin UMC.
Operates with a spirit of excellence.
Is committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of students at Marvin UMC.
Has a passion for the Lord and people.
Possesses a collaborative spirit.
Is a team builder and a team player.
Has a strong shepherd’s heart.
Has strong communication skills.
Is a person of high integrity.
Has a flexible spirit.
Is a leader rather than a doer.
Values people; people and connection are their main priority.
Possessing design, technical, and media skills is a plus!
What it’s like to live in Tyler, TX:
Tyler is a rapidly growing area of East Texas. With over 110,000 residents, Tyler has all the amenities of a major city without the headache. With the zoo, the lakes, the shopping, dining, fine arts, music, bbq, entertainment centers and shopping, it’s the perfect place to raise a family. Tyler is also the host for more than 20,000 higher-education students, a college of engineering, a university health science center, and two regional hospital systems.