Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593
Waters Edge Church has grown from 50 people to a church of thousands because we do church differently. We don’t do what’s expected or, for that matter, what’s accepted. The music is loud. The message is bold. We do whatever it takes to connect people to God. We are a multi-site church and have three campuses in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Yorktown, Newport News, and Williamsburg). We are laser-focused on reaching those who are far from God and want to change the way people think about church!
We’re currently looking for a new full-time staff member to join our Director Team in the position of Student Director. If you’re a natural born leader with previous management experience and would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, this position might be for you!
This is a central position that oversees multiple staff and hundreds of students across three campuses. This position also has a seat on our Lead Team centrally. It’s a great position, and an even better place to live.
Desired Skills: Are You…
• Comfortable painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action?
• Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward?
• Consistently meeting and exceeding expectations, even under the toughest of circumstances?
• Known for building strong relationships and delivering customer-focused solutions?
• A leader that directs, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done?
• A developer of confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity?
• An effective communicator, both in oral and written forms, while understanding the unique needs of different audiences?
• Capable of rebounding quickly from setbacks and adversity even when facing difficult situations?
• Effective at managing the resources you’re given, while embodying the value of excellence?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Carrying out the vision of Waters Edge Students to all WEC campuses under the direct leadership of the Executive Director of Ministries.
• Supervising and coaching campus student staff to ensure students have a place to connect, be cared for, and grow spiritually.
• Responsible for all student programming including curriculum, resources, small groups, events, and Student Camp.
• Providing campuses with weekly content for communication, website, and media.
• Evaluating all student environments across campuses to guarantee consistency and culture.
• Developing the strategy to train all student volunteers.
• Provided opportunities to speak to students at events and camp.
• Overseeing student budget dollars and resources to maximize potential for ministry.
• Creating communication to students and parents on social media.
• Expected to be a team player working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members.
• Required to work all Sundays, Wednesday nights, holiday experiences, and other events outside of normal working hours (Team Trainings and Special Events).
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! To apply, you must visit our jobs page and complete our questionnaire at watersedgechurch.net/jobs. Any other submissions through this site will not be accepted.
MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION
First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Position Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Supported by: Senior Pastor, Discipleship and Spiritual Formation Center
Our welcoming and vibrant Fort Collins church seeks an exceptional new team member who shares God’s heart for youth to lead our middle (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) ministries. Our focus is assuring our youth feel loved, encouraged and challenged as they explore and grow their relationship with Christ
Do you have excellent people and organizational skills, solid bible knowledge, and the maturity to guide our youth through this formative time? If so, please submit your résumé and the names of three work references, PLUS please be sure to include a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this specific position.
You will develop, coordinate and administer an effective and comprehensive ministry to the middle school and high school youth of the church, their families and the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Reaching out to, mentoring and investing in students – meeting them ‘where they’re at’ (school, athletic and musical events, homes, 1:1 relationships) – and drawing them into a growing relationship with Christ and Christ’s church – either directly or via equipping ministry partners depending on the size of the youth ministry
· Identifying, equipping and leading a “Youth Ministry Support Team” and additional volunteers as needed, made up of adults and youth who provide shared guidance, support, and leadership of the ministry
· Leading separate weekly middle school and high school youth groups and Sunday morning programs
· Inviting and equipping students for leadership roles in the ministry
· Leading Confirmation Class in collaboration with pastors and adult leaders
· Developing and leading Mission and Outreach opportunities in the community and beyond
· Planning, implementing and supporting outreach events, trips, and retreats
· Communicating timely and effectively with youth and their families
· Leading and equipping ministry partners with fundraising for the programs and related events
· Regularly attending worship with this congregation and be available to assist in worship
· Maintaining relationships with young adults from FPC that are now in college, locally and away
· Exploring collaborative partnerships with local Presbyterian and Ecumenical Youth Ministries
· Investing in one’s spiritual health through studying the Christian faith, the Bible, and exercise of regular spiritual disciplines
· Participating in regular staff meetings and with supervisor on an agreeable schedule and frequency
· Leading the promotion and publicizing of programs and events related to both ministry areas
· Other responsibilities as jointly identified with supervisor
Our Commitment to You
We will support you in fellowship, relationship, and discipleship so that you may be nurtured, edified, and strengthened in your walk of faith. We will provide a vocational setting in which your gifts are recognized, and you will be developed as a caregiver, director, and Christian ministry leader.
Qualifications and Skills
A background in scripture, theology or Christian education is preferred, but it’s more important to be an enthusiastic and caring Christian of integrity and empathy
– Can organize and prioritize multiple ministry programs
– Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills coupled with technology skills to communicate in electronic and social media formats
– Demonstrate a positive, vibrant, open, welcoming, energetic spirit to engage diverse Youth
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, counseling, psychology, social work, human development, and family studies or a closely related field
· Previous leadership experience in Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry
· Exhibits an active and growing faith in Jesus Christ and love for Christ’s church
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in scripture, theology, Christian education or related field
· Demonstrable capability and background in understanding and teaching from a Reformed theological perspective
· Proven ability to relate current social issues to sound faith principles and beliefs in a manner relatable to youth
· Additional skills that can enhance youth ministry, including musical ability, drama/theater, an interest in nature or outdoor sports
· 3 – 5 years of previous leadership experience in youth ministry
Youth Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries
Christ Community Church (Brockport, NY, west of Rochester) is looking to hire a full-time time individual who has a heart for youth. This person will primarily work with our college ministry, B.A.S.I.C. (Brothers and Sisters in Christ), our senior high and junior high youth groups. He or she will work with our current group of volunteers to establish thriving and growing ministries. He or she will organize weekly meetings, prepare various teachings, and strategically build a leadership team. This individual will attend leadership conferences, bring youth to our regional community outreach (Flower City Work Camp), and establish an annual missions trip for our youth.
Christ Community Church is directly across the street from Brockport Central Schools where there are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school of roughly 1300 students; we are looking for someone who can evangelize to this group of youth. We are also a five minute walk to The College at Brockport, where B.A.S.I.C. has been ministering successfully for over 20 years! Our church believes that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today. We believe in speaking in tongues. We believe in prophetic gifts. Our worship is contemporary and lively. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with the Spirit-led foundation of a non-denominational church and has a heart to actively reach the youth in our community for Jesus.
Bible School education and/or experience in leading a youth group ministry is required. Both is ideal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, please submit your resume and cover letter.
A full opportunity profile with “next steps to apply” will be provided if/when you submit your resume to email@example.com
Church: An historic evangelical church blocks from the Alamo with a strong history of solid youth ministry
You could be a fit if: you are person with a winsome personality, likely with a desire to get rooted and bring vision and energy to a fantastic opportunity. This person should have confidence in communicating well with students and parents and building into a team of adults who are pouring into the lives of students. The church seeks to reach the community in and through students.
- enthusiastically pour into students
- seek ways to engage unchurched students in the community
- recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
- be an effective teacher
Desired Character Qualities or Attributes:
- evident love for Jesus and the church
- team player
- self-starter (does not require micro-management)
What Are The Requirements?
- Effective communicator (sound doctrine) and an active and growing faith and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Undergraduate degree desired/required (could be close to completion)
- Theological and philosophical alignment with ECO and First Presbyterian Church
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, he will follow-up with the opportunity profile and next steps.
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Full Time; $40,000-50,000
Salary & Benefit Package
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:The Director of Youth Ministry will provide primary leadership and support for the youth ministry program and work to lead an integrated ministry, partnering with parents and the broader church family to successfully disciple students in Jesus Christ.
Mount Olympus Church is a relaxed, intergenerational congregation nestled on the east bench of the Wasatch Mountains, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster a life of personal prayer and devotion, including taking a weekly Sabbath.
· To provide opportunity for students to grow in following Jesus Christ.
· To recruit, train, lead, guide, equip, and care for the youth ministry volunteers as they work together to provide leadership for youth ministry in the congregation. This includes having regular meetings to train, inform and resource lay leadership.
· To work in partnership with the Youth Ministry Team to enable the team to keep the goals and objectives for youth ministry clear and in focus, as well as specific, measurable and attainable.
· To function as a communication link among the various facets of the youth ministry program, and the main connection to the church staff, the elders and the congregation. This includes attending church staff meetings.
· To provide leadership for youth fellowship meetings, retreats, mission trips and other youth ministry activities, including planning and leading fundraising efforts.
· To provide pastoral care to youth and their families.
· To model and provide a ministry example built on relational discipleship. This will be shown by becoming personally acquainted with and invested in youth and their families, and their needs, hopes, and problems, giving particular attention to those with special needs.
· To lead and oversee the process for formal membership/baptism for the youth of the congregation.
· To engage in personal, spiritual and professional growth through personal study and participation in workshops, seminars and other continuing education events.
IMPORTANT END RESULTS
· Ministry programming marked by the commitment to invite students to experience Jesus Christ and become his passionate followers.
· Youth regularly professing faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; becoming his passionate followers and leading to spiritual growth and commitment to Jesus Christ of youth and their families.
· A trained, effective, and cared-for volunteer staff of leaders made up of members of the congregation, operating a dynamic and multi-faceted youth ministry program where loving relationships with students are the priority.
· Excellent organizational and communications skills (verbal, written, and using electronic means)
· Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
· Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 2 years of experience. College degree desired/required (could be close to completion), preferably with a focus on ministry.
· Theological and philosophical alignment with PCUSA
· Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
· Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
· Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements
· Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as, part of a team
Please submit resume/cover letter to email@example.com, she will follow-up with application information and next steps.
The Leadership Director creates and facilitates events for GZ students and local youth groups that challenge students to go deeper in their faith and for sending area youth out to do ministry. This is done by the development and nurturing of students and by ensuring every middle and high school student, who walks through the doors, is welcomed with open arms, followed up with and does not fall through the cracks. This position also oversees campus ministries at area middle and high schools. In addition, this staff member provides recruitment, training and support for GZ volunteers.
-A personal walk evidenced by growth in modeling Jesus.
-Teachable, with a desire to grow in your faith and abilities.
– Ability to lead and teach a student led worship team.
– A passion for youth ministry.
-Understands youth culture.
Areas of Responsibility
-Participate and help lead weekly Junior High Youth Group/Small Group (Thrive) and Sunday Morning meetings.
-Practice discipleship through small groups, activities, and one-on-one relationships.
-Lead Worship for all youth services and events.
Participate in camps, missions trips and activities for Thrive.
The Youth Ministry of FUMC Jasper is looking for a Summer Youth Intern to join our ministry to Junior High & High School students. This is a paid position. The intern will report to the Youth Director, assisting in the ministry of FUMC Jasper’s youth program, and will be involved in the planning & implementation of youth events, including:
– High School Mission Trip (UM Army)
– Potential Local Mission/Service Projects
– Summer Camp (at Lakeview Methodist Christian Camp)
– Weekly Youth Programming
– End-of-Summer Retreat & Other Special Events.
We are looking for a college-age adult who is interested in pursuing a vocational ministry career–those candidates who are specifically interested in youth ministries will be given priority. Training will also be provided.
Dates: May 15th – August 15th (slight flexibility in start/end date at the discretion of the Youth Director)
Hours: 35-40 hours per week, plus camp, mission trips & special events
Pay: $300 / week for 12 weeks–$3600 total for the summer
Stay: Housing is Provided
Note: There is also a small dedicated intern reimbursement budget for ministry-incurred expenses such as meals purchased during youth trips (etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested? Email your resume, including a cover letter, to the address below. Cover letter can be a short paragraph or two on why you are interested in serving as a summer youth intern at First United Methodist Church in Jasper, TX. Questions? Feel free to call (409) 384-5735
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vineyard Church is committed to investing in the youth of our area, and is seeking a dynamic individual to lead that effort. The Youth Ministry Director is a full time position, responsible for leading and growing our ministry to middle school and high school students. Working with committed volunteer leaders, this person will integrate the students into the life of Vineyard Church, foster their spiritual growth and formation, and develop their sense of community with one another. The Youth Ministry Director will actively engage in outreach and relational engagement with students in the surrounding communities.
We are seeking someone who loves youth ministry, and is committed to it long term. In addition to a BS/BA degree and at least 1 to 3 years of youth ministry experience, we are looking for someone with exceptional communication and team building skills.
Vineyard Church is a growing community on the northern edge of the Milwaukee metro area. Our average Sunday attendance is about 300 people.