Trinity Church is a family of Jesus followers ROOTED IN JESUS AND REACHING OUR WORLDS.
We pursue this mission primarily through engaging worship services, life changing relationships found in small groups, Biblically-based discipleship and intentional influence in our relational worlds.
Our Core Values
• You belong here
• The Bible is God’s Story given to transform you and to be the authority in your life
• Your calling is to influence your world with Jesus
• We pursue spiritual growth and life-change in community
• God loves your family and so do we
• You are designed with a role in mind
To provide spiritual leadership to Trinity Church primarily through:
- To give oversight, direction and leadership to Trinity’s middle school ministry
- To recruit, train, develop and oversee volunteer ministry staff
- To disciple young people at crucial stages of transition in their lives so that they are equipped to live of Jesus’ influence in their relational world
- To develop a multi-level program that addresses the spiritual needs of non-Christians, casual Christians, growing Christians and deeply committed Christians
- To minister to young people, in the context of their families, and to support and assist parents of adolescents
- To maintain appropriate personal contact for friendship and counseling with students and youth staff
- To prepare and administer the middle school ministry budget
- To regularly collaborate with the Student Ministries team to maintain consistency, teamwork, and shared values.
- To lead the middle school ministry consistent with the overall church ministry philosophy and discipleship strategy
- To continually evaluate the ministry under his supervision and to keep current on youth needs and strategies to meet those needs
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Middle School Director include:
- Plan & facilitate Sunday morning worship service for middle school students
- Plan & facilitate Tuesday night youth group for middle school students
- Write/ adapt curriculum (small groups, summer discipleship program, retreats, etc)
- Develop student leaders
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer ministry staff
- Recruit, train, and shepherd paid ministry staff (if applicable)
- Meet with students: counseling, relationship building
- Meet with parents
- Plan & facilitate age appropriate events for middles school students
- Outreach events
- Service opportunities
- Community building events
- Camps/ retreats
- Local school campus involvement
To effectively serve as the Middle School Director of Trinity Church, an individual must meet some basic qualifications.
An individual of growing spiritual maturity who demonstrates integrity and consistency as he lives out his spiritual convictions. A positive role model that lives a life young people will want to imitate.
An individual who displays personal maturity, who loves students and is able to work well with adults. A team player who wants to multiply himself in others. Possesses a teachable spirit and a strong work ethic.
Biblically trained with at least a Bachelor’s level of biblical education. Can agree to the doctrinal statement of Trinity Church without hesitation. Is able to articulate biblical convictions clearly in ways that relate to young people.
a) youth ministry experience, preferably in a church context
b) a vision for youth ministry with a desire to lead youths to Christ
c) a clear philosophy of ministry that meshes with Trinity’s
a) a team builder
b) an ability to attract, motivate and involve kids
c) ability to plan, administrate, delegate and supervise
d) an ability to recruit and build a cross-generational team
Please email your resume to email@example.com
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Weekly Attendance: 250
Denomination: Converge Worldwide
Location: Wooster, Ohio
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
New Hope is a healthy church in all areas, financially, team moral, clarity of vision, and unified mission. We are currently seeing growth in attendance, discipleship, and leadership development. Because of the growth, we are looking for the right person to help us grow in two key ministry areas: Students & Worship. This role will also remove a growth barrier and free our leadership team to them focus on their specific giftedness and ministry.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Wooster has a population of 27,000 and and is the principal municipality of Wayne County (pop. 116K). According to our demographic research there are nearly 78,000 that do not attend church on a regular basis. This is our heartbeat… to reach those 78K with the message of the gospel.
Wooster and Wayne County is the home to many great public and privately held corporations, including Smuckers, Schaeffler (Luk), Artiflex, Frito-lay, Wooster Brush, and more. Wayne County is the home of three college/university campuses including the College of Wooster, Ohio State University ATI, and Wayne College (Akron University).
Ohio Magazine chose Wooster as one of its 12th annual Best Hometowns because of its strong sense of community, access to arts and culture and thriving downtown with a host of shops and restaurants that draw residents and visitors alike. Wooster is a great town to raise a family with a strong sense of community. It has a small town feel with big city amenities. Wooster is conveniently located 1hr from Cleveland, 1.5hr from Columbus, 30min to Akron/Canton and Mansfield.
IN A SENTENCE:
The goal of this position is to create excellent environments for students (6th-12th grade) to grow in foundational truths, helping them experience God’s presence through discipleship, and create engaging worship for Sunday gatherings.
A. Student Ministries (75%)
1. Create and lead a system to build and reproduce adult and student leaders
2. Find or create a curriculum to lead students towards a love for God’s Word
3. Build relationships and partner with key youth programs and schools in area
4. Give leadership and oversight to all Student Ministries gatherings
5. Plan and implement special events or outreaches throughout the year
B. Worship Ministry (25%)
1. Learn & develop skills in worship programming & technology including Lights, Projection, & Sound
2. Lead or Co-lead worship during weekend gatherings
3. Lead or Co-lead worship during student ministry gatherings
4. Lead worship rehearsals & huddles on Sunday morning or other times as needed
5. Develop volunteers, build teams and maintain schedules
– Preparing for Wednesday Student ministries: Messages, worship, games, & groups
– Weekly worship planning for Weekend Gatherings & Wed. Student Ministries
– Prepare for gatherings using Planning Center
– Schedule Volunteers
– Make sure A/V systems are ready
– Meet with and invest in student leaders
– Leads Worship rehearsal
– Runs gathering walk-thru
– Problem solves issues and last minute details
– Leads all aspects of worship gathering flow
– Previous experience in worship leading and/or instrumentalist in worship band in diverse worship settings and styles
– Able to read and write chord charts
– Able to lead worship rehearsals
– Able to build teams and coordinate schedules
– Some computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Planning Center, Database (will train you on these)
– Good communication skills, written and verbal
– Time Required: Full-time Pastoral Position
Pay: Commensurate with experience ($35K-$42K)
APPLICATION DETAILS. TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, application, and video/audio* of worship leading and teaching to…
OR MAIL TO:
New Hope Church
ATTN: Student Pastor / Worship Leader Position
969 Blachleyville Rd. Wooster, OH 44691
*Audio/Video of you leading worship required to be considered.
SEE MORE INFO AT: www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
First United Methodist Church in Warner Robins, GA, is seeking a dynamic disciple of Jesus Christ to serve as an important part of our Program Staff Team in the role of Minister to Youth and Young Adults. The Minister to Youth and Young Adults would be responsible for leading our youth ministry (grades 6-12) and our college and career young adult ministry (ages 18-25), including (but not limited to) the following responsibilities: teaching, discipling, and reaching out to people of those age groups within and outside of the local church, as well as integrating young people into the overall life of First UMC. There is a significant opportunity for creativity within this ministry and the ideal candidate will be outgoing and innovative. A bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field and experience in youth ministry is preferred. This is a full-time, salaried position. Estimated start date is July 1, 2020. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Dr. Josh Bizzell, Senior Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Minister of Youth and Family
The individual we are praying for is someone.
– Who possesses a vital, personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
– Who believes that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
– Who has led others to Christ.
– Who relates well with the middle and high school students currently involved in the church.
– Who meets and builds new relationships with unchurched middle and high school students
– Who agrees with and will abide by the church’s statement of faith, mission, and policies.
– Who models Christian integrity in all areas of his/her life
– Who will be supportive of the other paid and volunteer staff of the church
– Who will seek unity in Christ’s church
• Working with the Youth Deacon and Adult Team to define short and long term goals
– Attend staff meetings
– Develop, coordinate and lead separate teams to work with High School and Middle School ministry.
– Includes Sunday morning, Awana, Bible studies, events, outreach etc… pertaining to Youth Ministry Service and Mission experiences throughout the year
– One on one relational with the youth – Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at their extracurricular activities, taking them to Starbucks, Wendys, DQ, in Ames of crisis, etc.)
– Network with other youth leaders in the area.
– Communicate as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, facebook, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, texting, etc.). Ensure communication with parents, with staff at staff meetings and the church office.
– Using home visits with youth and parents to build relationships
• The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is authorized to allocate up to $300 out of the Youth budget line at his/her discretion. Anything over $300 must have the Youth Deacon’s signature.
SUPPORT AND INPUT:
• The Youth Deacon and Team is available to support all aspects of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY’s ministry and position.
The services of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will be retained by the Elders and
Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship, which will take under advisement the sentiment of
the Lead Pastor, Youth Deacon and Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will report to and be under the supervision of the LEAD PASTOR.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is accountable to the Youth Deacon and Youth Adult Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will provide a monthly report to the Youth Deacon of his/her activities to be presented at the Deacon meetings monthly. This monthly report will consist of how the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY is using their time in regards to their specific responsibilities in their job description and in achieving their goals.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will develop yearly goals in collaboration with the Youth Deacon and Team.
The MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will have a yearly review of their performance and goals.
The Minister of Youth and Family will meet as needed or requested with the Deacons and/or Elders.
The service of MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY will conclude with two weeks’ notice by the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY to Lead Pastor and the Elders and Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship.
The services of the MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILY may also be released by the Elders and Deacons of Faith Community Fellowship with two weeks’ notice, taking under advisement the sentiment of the Lead Pastor, Youth Deacon and Adult Team.
This position is for 40 hours a week.
This call agreement represents the mutual understanding and covenant between Faith Community Fellowship and
Pastor of Student and Family Ministries
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries at Prairie Hills Covenant Church will direct and oversee the discipleship ministries for children, youth and families. This person must have a passion to see spiritual transformation. This person, with God’s leading and the congregation’s support, will provide a well–balanced, biblically-based program that will seek to share Christ to those who do not have a personal relationship with Him and to help those who are Christians mature in Christ and discover the personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them. The one word that describes the duties of the Pastor of Student and Family Ministries is the word “discipleship”.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be growing spiritually with sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading and committed to the authority of Scripture.
The Pastor of Student and Family Ministries will have an unreserved commitment to the mission, vision and values of Prairie Hills Covenant Church and agreement with the Evangelical Covenant Church Affirmations.
Develop, promote, coordinate, oversee and lead a comprehensive program of activities and discipleship ministry to high school and middle school youth and their families including, but not limited to weekend services, weeknight programs, special events and summer events
Oversee and source children’s ministry
Develop, train and equip leaders to do the work of ministry discipleship
Recruit, train and evaluate volunteers
Provide spiritual direction and pastoral care for children, youth and families
Oversee and administrate assigned budget in conjunction with other ministry leaders
Ensure facilities, supplies and equipment for children, youth and family ministries are safe, welcoming, and age-appropriate
Oversee record keeping, including but not limited to safety, attendance and screening/background checks of volunteers and staff
Participate in worship leading (preaching, prayer, sacraments, music) as requested or as gifts apply
Serve as a resource person and advocate for children, youth and families in the community
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Strengths and Skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong people connection skills
Team builder and player
Positive chemistry with staff and church leaders
Able to keep confidences of the congregation and staff
Knowledgeable of current youth culture
Proficient with popular social media and new technology
Able to assist with conflict resolution
BA degree (education, ministry, counseling or child/adolescent and family development preferred)
Preferred seminary degree (in process acceptable)
Licensed or on track to be licensed as a Pastor in the Evangelical Covenant Church
At least one, three or more preferred, years of youth ministry experience with:
Demonstrated knowledge and history of working with children, youth and families
Proven abilities in leading and managing teams
Prairie Hills Covenant Church Council
Evangelical Covenant Church: Northwest Conference
Non-traditional hours to be expected
Length of Ministry:
After 90 day probationary period, will be reviewed by pastoral relations committee
Duration of ministry is indefinite and can be ended by either party
Compensation levels and benefits are set by the Church Council and discussed on an individual basis
Brookville Road Community Church’s mission is to inspire people to become wholehearted followers of Jesus as we Love God, Love the Church and Love the World. The Junior High and Intermediate School ministry is part of a holistic youth ministry program and is focused on 5th – 8th grade students. Ministry is accomplished primarily through building transformative relationships with students, parents and volunteers in community. This position will work in close collaboration with the High School Ministry Pastor as an active member of the Youth Ministry leadership team.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
Relational: We are in the people business. As an expression of loving God and loving others, the leader will exhibit a heart for people by connecting with students, volunteer staff and parents in a way that creates an environment that inspires students to become wholehearted followers of Jesus. This role requires the ability to work with various personality types and function as a member of Youth Ministry leadership team.
Organizational/Planning: Establish clear lines of communication with students, parents and volunteers. Exhibit a capacity to balance multiple activities with grace. This position also requires a capacity to learn and effectively use cloud-based productivity tools and document systems.
Self-Motivator: Many of the tasks of the leader require an individual to manage their time effectively and efficiently. This person will possess a strong work ethic and maintain a positive and proactive ministry environment anticipating needs before they arise.
Volunteer Recruiter: As a church, we are charged to, “equip the saints for works of service” (Ephesians 4). This position requires the ability to develop familiarity with our current attenders and the ability to draw on those networks to recruit volunteers.
Confidentiality: In the life of a church, confidentiality sustains a culture of trust and promotes confidence in those we serve. It is non-negotiable.
Junior High Ministry (50%)
- Main speaker for Sunday evening youth meetings and talks.
- Organize and implement Wednesday small groups including teaching and recruiting/coaching teachers.
- One-on-one time with students for the purpose of shepherding including attending community extra curricular events.
- Strategic planning meeting with the High School Pastor as part of the youth leadership team.
- Recruit, develop and retain volunteer leaders.
- Provide accurate communications to students and parents through Email, GroupMe, Breeze, Social Media posts.
- Youth Ministry Retreats and events.
Intermediate School Ministry (20%)
- Main speaker/leader for Sunday Morning youth meetings
- Strategic planning meeting with the High School Pastor and the Elementary Director.
- Recruit, develop and retain volunteer leaders.
- Provide accurate communications to students and parents through Email, GroupMe, Breeze, Social Media posts.
Social Media (10%)
- Youth Social Media Team in collaboration with the Communications Director.
- Office Admin/Staff Meetings and Prayer, Long-Term Planning, Cross-team Activities, Professional Development, Special Events, etc.
Experience and Background: A Bachelors degree in youth ministry or similar degree preferred and/or 3 years youth ministry experience. Must possess a vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a link to a teaching example (preferably to youth) to email@example.com
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Hickory United EPC
210 Main Street, Hickory, PA
Applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Church Staff Statement:
A church staff member is a representative of Jesus Christ and our church. They must think of others before self; be ready and eager to be helpful; be willing to go the “extra mile”; be patient in fulfilling all requests; be courteous, kind, and positive at all times. Never should anger, dismay, or a negative attitude be communicated in any way to those we serve.
Because Jesus Christ gave all he had for us, we are to have an attitude of excellence about our duties. Nothing less than 100% commitment and constantly striving to do better than our best, is the hallmark of a Christ-centered attitude toward our vocation.
To be part of the church ministry that helps middle and high school youth and their families to follow Christ and develop a personal relationship with Him.
- Share a passion and excitement for Jesus Christ and to love students where they are and point them to Jesus Christ.
- Disciple students to follow Jesus and effectively communicate God’s Word to them.
- Develop relationships with students and their families.
- Encourage and support the parents of the students.
- Create a safe environment for youth to feel welcome and accepted.
- Develop and lead all youth activities and events including regular youth meetings
- Build, equip, and encourage adult volunteers to love and minister to students by fostering an environment that our youth ministry is an all-church member responsibility.
- Ensure that the appropriate number of chaperones are in attendance at youth events as necessary.
- Oversee the publicity and promotion of youth-related activities.
- Attend all high school and youth events when appropriate.
- Includes interaction with but not limited to: Head of Staff, Personnel, Outreach and Christian Education committees.
- This is a full-time position of 40 hours/week with a flexible work schedule to be determined by activities and events within the church and community.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Regular Sunday attendance encouraged
- Committed Christian with a passion for youth and their families
- Degree in youth/student ministry preferred
- Fully supportive of the theology of the EPC and the vision of Hickory United EPC
- Able to obtain necessary state and federal clearances to work with youth and children
Bear Creek Community Church is seeking a full-time Youth and Family Pastor. This individual will guide the Student Ministry at BCCC and provide strategic and visionary leadership for ministry to students, children, and families. Bear Creek is a healthy church with a thriving student ministry.
Please see job description and application instructions here.
Pinnacle Presbyterian Church ( www.pinnaclepres.org ) is a 1300 member PCUSA congregation located
in Scottsdale, Arizona, a large suburb of Phoenix. We come together as God’s people, welcoming
persons at different places in the walk of faith, creating a stimulating environment to explore and grow in
faith. Worship is casual- traditional, filled with joy and music. Pinnacle provides ministries for children,
youth and adults to explore a broad range of faith expression, honor questions, and respect individuality.
We are seeking a full-time Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries who is committed to
fostering a strong sense of identity and belonging that’s firmly grounded in Christian faith.
We believe relationships anchor us
● Can you build relationships with people across a wide range of ages, especially with
6-12 graders (and their parents)?
● Can you recruit, involve, and engage people of different ages and generations in youth and
● Can you utilize relationships to help our youth integrate faith into their present and future lives?
We believe stories shape us
● Can you help our children, youth, and young adults interpret and apply God’s story to their
lives, as told in the Bible and the life of faith?
● Can you recognize emerging stories in the youth culture and help tell those stories in ways they
relate to faith, and by doing so break down walls between church and community?
● Are you prepared to answer tough questions relating Bible, faith, and students’ lives?
We believe traditions define us
● Can you help our children, youth, and young adults define who they are within the life of
our congregation, including mission and worship?
● Can you help our youth develop healthy habits and spiritual practices for now and the
● Can you create meaningful worship practices and traditions that would help our children,
youth, and young adults to define who they are and what their faith means to them?
We believe service grows us
● Can you build relationships with local service organizations and coordinate local service
projects for our youth on a regular basis (approximately once a month)?
● Can you lead and plan all aspects of international youth and young adult mission trips, and
explore innovative models for such trips?
● Can you debrief service and mission experiences with the youth and young adults in ways that
are meaningful and lasting for them?
We believe curiosity deepens our faith
● Can you create a safe and brave space where questions are encouraged and doubt is recognized
as an integral part of faith formation in our children, youth, and young adults?
● Can you innovate and come up with creative ways of doing youth ministry that will keep
both youth and adult volunteers engaged and growing?
● Can you engage youth in relevant theological conversations both individually and in
Preferences and characteristics of applicant:
● Bachelor’s Degree required with relevant emphases; Master’s level preferred
● Experience working with youth
● Knowledge of and/or training in mental health, particularly with adolescents
● Proficient in technology and use of social media
● Motivated self-starter with strong communication skills
● Team player with a high sense of professionalism
● Able to create multiple networks both in and outside of the church
● Possesses deep appreciation for diversity
● Approachable, fun and creative
● Empathetic, yet able to set boundaries
● Intuitive regarding the balance between being a friend and leader for youth and young adults
Responsibilities of the position:
Oversee all youth ministries, including but not limited to the following:
● Regular staff duties to include weekly staff meetings, monthly committee
meetings, budget management, support for overall programming of the church
● Shared responsibilities with Director of Children and Family Ministries to support
Pinnacle Presbyterian Preschool staff and families
● Serve with volunteers to amplify ministry offerings, including recruitment and training of
youth and adult leaders, working with special attention to parents and families of youth
● Plan and coordinate church school and youth groups on a weekly basis, teaching and/or
recruiting and training both teachers and leaders
● Lead extended visioning in coordination with Institute for Youth Ministry at Princeton Sem
● Plan and lead youth summer camps/mission trips, including fund-raising
● Work with staff responsible for community ministries to coordinate efforts
to engage youth and young adults in local mission
● Plan and lead special events and activities for youth
● Develop a personal relationship with youth and families including attending extracurricular
activities, e.g. soccer games, choir performances, club celebrations
● Participate with the planning team for annual Family Camp, with goal of growing program
● Lead visioning for ministry to college and post-college aged young adults
● Oversee Safe Church Training, to clear volunteers for youth program
● Be a known presence in the Valley, to encourage attendance and gain pulse on the
● Carefully tend to your own spiritual development, well being, education, and prayer life
A complete application will include a letter of inquiry, vitae/resume, any portfolio of pastoral
information (if relevant), and contact info for three references. Interested or have questions?
Please contact Lisa Boswell, Executive Assistant to the Senior Pastor Dr. Wesley Avram, at
email@example.com or 480-585-9448.
In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for the highest results. We value professionalism from our staff and excellence in our stewardship.
We are currently doing incarnational ministry with teens at many military installations around the world. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military program, known as Club Beyond, at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with military culture is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
1. Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation, and the chapel community.
2. Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
3. Work well in an environment that sees a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains, and volunteers.
4. Be respectful of and embrace a community of military culture.
A deep love for Christ and lost teens
A passion for people and the ability to work well with others
Willingness to make a three-year commitment
Youth ministry experience preferred
College degree preferred.
Willingness to raise most of their salary through personal support