KidTown is a large, dynamic ministry of Overlake Christian Church. We work to help families raise kids that Love God, Love People and Serve the World by helping them take one step closer in relationship with Jesus. We do this through a variety of ways but everything we do is through the lens of child development and learning. We look to minister to the whole child and respond to their developmental needs as they grow in our ministry. We strive to be a church that says “yes” to every family, regardless of their needs, struggles, concerns and fears.
The Care & Curriculum Director reports to the Lead Children’s Pastor. Their role is to oversee the creation and implementation of all teaching curriculum. They work with the entire KidTown team to ensure a high quality of programs and care for kids and families. Their role is to focus on what we are teaching, why we are teaching it and how we are getting that message across. They work on the scope and sequence of our teaching themes and content, adapt to current affairs and children’s interest and work to align with main adult service programs when required. They design curriculum content for all programs including the discipleship program. This role cares for all our volunteers in the KidTown ministry, striving to equip them for ministry and care for them pastorally.
Relational skills are important. Desire to learn, grow and work as a team is vital. Experience in education or working with children that have additional needs is desirable.
click to see a video of leaders in action
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a thriving faith and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Coordinate Elementary Sunday School and Seasonal Ministry Events that teach, grow, and equip children and families for their faith journey
3. Assist the Associate Pastor for Discipleship with the following Children’s Ministry Programs:
Wednesday Evening programs
Fourth & Fifth grade programs
4. Coordinate with other ministries to ensure the successful integration of children and family discipleship programs
5. Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Discipleship, the Director of Early Childhood Ministry, the Childcare Supervisor, and Children’s Ministry Summer Interns to direct the Children’s Ministry through planning, leading, and staffing programs
6. Recruit and train volunteers
7. Work with the Associate Pastor for Discipleship to appropriate curriculum for the various programs
8. Build relationships with children and their parents
9. Communicate information to parents, teachers, leaders, and staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The Associate Director of Children’s Ministry should have the following qualifications:
· Three years of experience in church work or education
· Leads a life of integrity and Christ-centered faith that demonstrates his/her ability to build healthy and responsible family, social and professional relationships
· A dynamic teacher who demonstrates effective listening and communicating skills and is comfortable in large and small group settings
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· A calling and strong-felt desire to work with children and families
· A strong team player, working alongside pastoral staff, administrative personnel and lay leaders
· A sense of humor and demonstrates a flexible attitude
Eternal Life Baptist Church is looking for a called and committed bi-vocational youth pastor to lead our church’s efforts to minister to children and teens in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has experience ministering to teens, children and parents, as well as experience in recruiting and managing volunteers and equipping youth for ministry. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds. We are a healthy, growing church and we fully expect this to grow into a full time position. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth between ages 6 to 18.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth and children’s ministry.
- Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our church and community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages children and youth.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministries.
- Regularly report to the senior pastor about developments in the youth and children’s ministries.
- Plan and oversee all summer camping activities the church’s youth participate in.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Work with the senior pastor to review all curriculum used by the church’s children’s and teen ministries and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Verifiable experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Ability to pass a mandatory background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2;Titus 1:5-9).