Position Description: To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically-based ministry environments. This position will serve as a ministry director for preschool-5th grade kids and families. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Create a warm, inviting and age-appropriate environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach adults and youth who are gifted in working with children
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences
- Select, develop, and oversee implementation of age-appropriate curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Provide leadership and direction for students and leaders
- Recruit and develop team leads for each area of VBS.
- Research, evaluate and purchase curriculum and materials
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
To apply to be a part of our incredible team please, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
PURPOSE/MISSION OF THE POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
To cultivate a community that helps every youth to respond to God’s call:
● By having a relationship with Christ through faith.
● By growing together in a compassionate and supportive community.
● By sharing God’s love with others.
Specifics of the Role:
● Oversee the student ministry focusing on 6t h-12t h grade students.
● Work with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to build out the vision for MVPCs student ministry.
● Recruit, equip, and encourage adult leaders to carry out the vision. Equip volunteers to be in relational ministry to students.
Lead and collaborate in partnership with volunteers, adult leaders, and student leaders, for all ministries.
● Engage students where they’re at both physically (i.e. their sporting events and plays) and spiritually (provide safe places to grow and mature their faith in Jesus Christ).
● Communicate effectively with parents and students through multiple means.
● Oversee the organization of retreats, special events, and mission trips.
● Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to create ministries to and for parents.
The Director of Student Ministry needs to be someone with a deep and growing faith in Jesus Christ, someone committed to partnering in nurturing youth, and who is intentional with personal prayer and Bible study. Gifted at relational ministry, the Director of Student Ministry is emotionally mature and has healthy boundaries with the students to whom she/he ministers. This director understands relational ministry and easily connects with youth and has an understanding of current youth culture. He or she is a builder and equipper of others, handing off ministry responsibilities, as volunteer leadership is equipped. He or she knows and humbly accepts his/her “growing edges.” The Director of Student Ministry attends worship and is periodically involved in worship leadership at MVPC.
The Director will work in partnership with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry, along with the Dir of CM, and the Dir of Special Needs. They will be a part of a larger program staff of the church made up of 13 members.
Resumes and Cover letters can be emailed to Drewh@mtviewpres.org or mailed to
Drew Hulse, Mountain View Presbyterian Church, 8050 E, Mountain View Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
If you have a heart for working with teenagers, love working with volunteers and training the next generation of ministry leaders then we want you. First Glance Student Center is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Program Manager to help us fulfill our mission in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Use your gifts and talents to develop and maintain the ministries of First Glance through support and guidance. Specifically providing oversight and direction of the Urban Learning Experience internship program, while supervising each Urban Learner. As well as coordinate and oversee volunteers throughout the organization. Work directly with students through leading a weekly program for students. For more details, please see the posted job description at www.firstglance.org/employment. Please submit your resume to Kasey Parmelee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Glance is a youth center that operates in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. Kenmore is our home, our family & our community. For over 19 years, we’ve hosted a wide variety of programming for students of all ages. We offer teenagers and young adults a safe place where they are loved, valued and ultimately, through Christ, we provide them with hope. We have seen over 5,000 different students come through our doors and leave as a part of our family, empowered to reach their potential & become who they were created to be.
New Life Community Church
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades 6 through 12. This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events for students (conferences, trips, and service projects) and parents.
- Grow in interpersonal relationships with a diverse group of students.
- Maintain avenues of involvement in the local schools.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry
- Attending and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Develop an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s youth ministry.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Recruit and invest in efforts to develop new student and adult leaders.
- Cast vision for, lead teach, and program an annual New Life Camp for teens and/or outreach events including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of students in learning about God.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries.Encourage students to buy into New Life’s Vision and participate in all church classes.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The ability to preach, teach, and effectively communicate God’s word.
- Storylines of students being Reached, Taught, and Sent from previous ministry.
- The ability to self-start and manage time and schedule with integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry.
- Agreement with and promotes New Life Community Church Vision
- Previous youth ministry experience.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
Position Structure and Level
- Reporting: This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Organization: This position is part of NLCC’s senior leadership team, the Senior Staff.
Please direct all inquiries for this position to Pastor Jim Goforth @ email@example.com or you may reach him at 304-676-9990.
Saddlerock Evangelical Presbyterian Church is a congregation of just under 400, seeking “to intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” in beautiful central Washington state. We are looking for a full-time Director of Youth Ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry supports the mission of SEPC “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” by leading ministry for middle school and high school students. The position is responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers; the development of programming for large group time; the discipleship of students through small groups; and coordinating youth mission trips and retreats.
For more information, please check out our post on our website: https://www.saddlerockepc.org/staff-openings. If you’d like to apply, please email us your cover letter and resume!
Sunrise Community Church, in Fair Oaks, CA (Sacramento area) is seeking a full-time Student Ministries Pastor. The position is hands-on with High School and College/Young Adults, with oversight of the Middle School Director.
We desire someone who…
… Passionately loves Jesus
… Is committed to studying, teaching and living out God’s Word
… Has a heart for relating with students and growing them closer to Christ
… Has a willingness to partner with all our ministries in creating a church-wide intergenerational focus
A Bachelors Degree in Youth Ministry or a related field is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years in full-time youth ministry.
You may apply online or submit Resume and Cover Letter (PDF only please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Purpose of the Job:
To serve the vision of New Life Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
· Minimum of 3+ years of hands on student ministry experience.
· Effective pastoral leadership.
· Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of students.
· Systematic team building and leadership development.
· Ability to communicate vision.
· Student ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn new programs and technology as needed.
· Leadership and administrative experience
· Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time as needed
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Develop a strategy for reaching students in local schools and getting them attending and involved at New Life Church.
· Utilize life group environments, recruit, train, and empower leaders to leads groups of students.
· Consider implementing a once a month gathering that connects students to the growth track, dream team, worship, praying, building healthy community and challenges them to grow as leaders within the church.
· Build teams that involve students and empower them as leaders.
· Strategically promote students using mediums other than Sunday morning announcements.
· Actively participate in social media on a regular basis for students and parents to stay connected to student life.
· Intentionally build relationships with affiliated churches through ARC and other NLC partnerships.
· Connect with schools within the community in order to enable students to participate in student services.
· Actively follow up with every student that fills out a connection card from a student service, life group, or weekend service.
· Relationally serve students in pastoral care needs and create personal growth plans for students to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
· Liaison for all Life Group systems and structure implemented by NLC staff.
· Liaison for all Growth Track systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Liaison for all Dream Team systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Lead summer internship programs. Coordinate summer schedule, create and maintain budget, personally intervene when necessary for all pastoral care needs.
· Raise up Student leaders.
· Organize all Student events and leadership opportunities.
· Strategically keep students involved in the life of the dream team, events, and weekend services at NLC.
· Provide ongoing youth ministry training for other churches that may look to us for leadership and ideas.
· Organize and oversee student involvement for Conferences/Retreats/Church-wide events
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Availability for hosting services, hosting guest pastors.
V. Employee’s possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
· Love for God
· Love for People
· Work Ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
· Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
VI. Skills & Attributes
· Christ-like, servant attitude
· Devoted to the call of God and the vision of New Life Church
· Operate with a spirit of excellence
· Committed to the core values and purposes of New Life Church
· Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of life groups at New Life Church
· Leader, team builder
· Passion for the Lord and people
VII. Physical Demands:
· Light lifting
Please submit interest through Youth Specialties Job Bank.