The Menlo Kids Director will work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch children into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Kids strategy that draws families into the church
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly weekend ministry experience
- Build a relational and effective Kids Ministry team
- Minister to families connecting what happens on weekends to what happens at home
- Engage with parents
- Manage campus Menlo Kids staff
- Work closely with Central Ministry Leader and Central Staff of Menlo Kids
- Knowledgeable in Kids Ministries with at least 2 years of experience; 5 years is preferred
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as, part of a team.
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church.
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online.
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
… SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN OTHERS
Director of Student Ministries
The position is part time
The director shall report to the Senior Pastor
Develops solid Christian relationships with member and non-member youth
Plan and organizes a Sunday School program for 6th grade though young adult
Plan and organizes mid-week gathering for youth
Plans and organizes fund raisers with the approval of the Finance Committee
Plan and implements service or educational trips for the youth
Advertises all events of the youth ministry to the parents in a timely manner
Budgets for the youth events of the year
Oversees the expenditures of the youth program
Recruits and trains volunteers for the youth program
Leads the Youth Council in evaluations of the youth programs
Coordinates ministry events with the Director of Children and Family
Participates in staff meeting each week as able
Maintain a Safe Gatherings/Trusted Confianza certification
Networks with other United Methodist Youth Directors
Chooses a teaching material that will depend the spiritual lives of the youth
Works with the Senior Pastor to organize and maintain the Confirmation class each year
Advertises and promotes Conference youth camps
Implements the extra duties that are assigned by the Senior Pastor
Pursue continuing education events that will deepen your faith journey
Successful two years of youth ministry in another church
Demonstrates leadership qualities that will encourage volunteers to work with him/her
At least 2 years of college experience
Demonstrates an active and vibrant faith
Applies Biblical principles interpersonal skills
Exhibits the gifts of the Holy Spirit
Enjoys being around youth
Has a heart for the un-churched young person
Is able to recruit and train volunteers for the different ministries listed in essential functions
Is a self-starter
Is able to motive others
Demonstrates integrity and trust
Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism
Is able to work with other staff in a congenial manner
This person is responsible to create a genuine biblical community to see every student transformed and mobilized by Jesus. In addition, this role assists parents in building community and support with other like-minded parents to create godly families across Kensington.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, and Through Others in his/her Christian life.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
1. Main communicator for Middle School Ministry. Train and Develop New Communicators. Using Orange curriculum, refine series and content in collaboration with other Student Ministry leaders.
2. Program the large group gathering for Middle School Ministry. Assist Student Ministries Director (SMD) and team in creating an attractional gathering for middle school, including an environment and program that attracts seekers and grows those already devoted to following Christ.
3. Role in Student Ministries Staff. Participate in weekly team meetings. Establish Direct Reports with any interns for a given season. Assist in management of middle school budget. Help create unity and family with Student Ministry staff.
4. Oversee and lead ministry planning and vision. Align with Kensington Central Student Ministries. Implement KCC vision within the Student Ministries. Recruit, build up, and invest in team of small group leaders for middle school while having a relational connection to high school small group leaders. Attend weekly Campus meetings, Kensington central Student meetings and Kensington All Staff meetings.
5. Develop meaningful relationships with students, leaders, parents and attenders at Troy Campus.
6. Serve Student Ministries Director by being in line with a unified Family Ministry strategy from birth to adult. Assist in developing Parent team to help identify and lead Parent programs for middle and high school students.
Deaf Teen Quest Coordinator
Scope: This position is a direct ministry position with deaf and hard of hearing middle and high school students. The nature of the ministry is to develop relationships, share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teach life skills. Under general direction of the Executive Director, you will recruit, train and develop volunteers to participate and lead the ministry. You will raise financial support for your ministry. You will be responsible to either choose or develop curriculum to be used by staff and volunteers. You will spend time with students and train volunteers to do the same. You will conduct DTQ meetings, activities and Bible studies. Your goal is to invite participants to receive Christ and disciple new believers, challenging them to make wise choices for their future. You will also be expected to develop relationships with adults and parents in churches and schools with one goal being to maintain a positive view of Youth for Christ-DTQ Ministry in the eyes of both adults and students. You will recieve training from our national team for Deaf Teen Quest. You must be at least conversational if not fluent in ASL. Frederick Maryland is home of Maryland School for the Deaf and is located approximately 40 miles from Galludet University.
• Full-time with benefits
• Position Open- Immediately
• Application Deadline- October 31, 2018
Rolling Hills Community Church is seeking an energetic and passionate Elementary Pastor/Director to add to our church staff. This position will be responsible for developing and leading a collaborative children’s ministry team including the Elementary Administrative Assistant, volunteers and parents. This person will come alongside families and minister to children in 1st-5thgrade to build a foundation where these children are excited to think, love and live like Jesus.
We want to talk with you if you have the experience/ability to:
• Motivate and empower a growing team of volunteers
• Influence parents to make disciples in the home context
• Be passionate about children and their development as followers of Jesus
• Minimum of 2 years of college education, bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 or more years of relevant experience leading a children’s ministry preferred
• Strong understanding of the 1st-5th grade child and their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development process.
• 2 or more years of experience presenting lessons to a large group of Elementary children
• Supervisory leadership experience is a must
• Must demonstrate a genuine passion, love and concern for children and their families
• Must have excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent self management skills; able to work collaboratively or independently depending on the need
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate computer skills required; MAC operating system, Google office suite and Planning Center Online(web-based volunteer scheduling program) are a plus.
• Excellent ability to learn new technology for large group presentations
In order to apply, email your resume to Donna Huchette at firstname.lastname@example.org.