The River is a healthy, diverse, growing church in northern California. We are looking for an experienced Youth Pastor to lead our youth ministry team of staff, volunteers, and students. Our mission is to help our students love Jesus, themselves and others in such a way that their faith overflows into their world and continues into their adult lives.
We’re looking for someone with at least a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and 4+ years of experience leading a complex youth ministry of 60-80 students. Must have a deep love for middle and high schoolers, and also know that the key to sustainable growth is through equipping and empowering other adults and student leaders to be the primary influencers.
The River is an ECC (Evangelical Covenant) church in San Jose, CA. We are a diverse community, in age and cultural background, unified by our pursuit of the fullness of life Jesus promised. We desire to make his goodness tangible in our community and around the world. We have a large and vibrant group of middle schoolers and high schoolers at The River, and as a church family, we are committed to investing in them relationally and financially.
A complete Position Description can be found at: http://www.the-river.org/about-us/jobs/
Seeking a full-time Associate Director of Middle School Ministry for Asbury Students, the youth ministry at Asbury Church. Asbury Church is the largest Methodist Church in North Alabama with over 3000 members and a storied history of 35 years of growth from 300 charter members in a warehouse to multiple services, venues and worship styles, six buildings and two campuses. The main campus is located just adjacent to Huntsville, Alabama in the City of Madison. Madison is known for its nationally recognized schools, educated families and high tech companies.
The Associate Director will serve on a cohesive team that loves the adventures of student ministry and works well together. The student ministry team is blessed to have a unified vision with the church and the support of over 70 adult volunteers who lead small groups of students while experiencing life and the pursuit of Christ together. There are over 300 students who attend the middle and high schools groups each week in addition to special events, mission experiences, and retreats throughout the year. Our church, staff and volunteers work together to make these events meaningful and memorable for the students. Over the years, many former students return to Asbury to serve with the Church and Asbury Students.
Associate Director of Middle School Ministry
Supervised by Director of Student Ministry
The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry serves in a pastoral role to the students at Asbury Church. The student ministry team functions as a whole for all aspects of the ministry, but the Associate Director of Middle School Student Ministry will be the primary advocate, planner and trainer specifically for grades 6 thru 8.
The student ministry staff team is composed of the Director of Student Ministries, Associate Director of High School Ministry, Associate Director of Middle School Ministry, Administrative Coordinator, and one intern.
Goals and Initiatives for The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry
Asbury is a vision and goal-oriented church. We ask each of our staff to create one to three smart goals for their position that will embrace the vision of both the Student Ministry Team and Asbury Church. In addition to these smart goals, we also ask for team members to identify one to two initiatives that they can work towards throughout the year. These initiatives would be unique to their position, yet would effectively impact the quality of the student ministry as a whole. These goals and initiatives run August through May and are reviewed and re-evaluated every summer. This system has been a great tool to help us focus on and improve the things that really matter in the lives of our students.
Education and Experience:
· BS/BA or equivalent experience required
· Two years of full-time paid experience in church student ministry of 70+ students
· Background of Biblical knowledge and teaching preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Works well in a team atmosphere and can champion a vision put before them
● Solid grounding in Scripture; evidence of a vital, mature, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● Leadership style that is people-focused, results-oriented, and adaptable to frequent change
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Ability to manage time and schedules well and to meet deadlines consistently
● High capacity for organization and multi-tasking projects
● An anointing of the Holy Spirit to disciple, lead, and mentor students
Regular Full-time (40 hrs/wk), Salaried Position, Plus Benefits
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per-week
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
What you need to know: Using Jesus as our model, our church is dedicated to relational ministry and discipleship. For us, nothing comes before our relationships with God and with each other. For that reason, a candidate for this role must be committed to relational investment in students and their families and should be prepared to become part of our “church family” even as s/he fills a vocational ministry role.
CCTO Exists to see disciples of Jesus Christ made in our church, our community, and our world. We define discipleship as:
- Accepting the invitation of Jesus
- Being transformed by Jesus
- And investing in His mission
The Youth Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the board of elders and will work in cooperation with associate pastors and ministry team.
Develop and implement a youth ministry for students 6th-12th grade which accomplishes the following tasks:
- Creating relationships and structures in which students are being discipled into faithful obedience to Christ in the context of relationships
- Recruiting and developing capable Christlike volunteers who can disciple and care for students alongside you
- Preparing and executing weekly Sunday worship gatherings where students can worship, fellowship, and receive communion, and engage Gospel-centered preaching/teaching from Scripture
- Preparing and executing mid-week youth ministry gatherings for students to deeper their relationships with God and each other
- Actively engaging in evangelistic opportunities with students and their friends
- Preparing and providing service opportunities for students both inside and outside our local church
- Preparing and executing semi-annual trips, retreats, and mission opportunities
- Providing relationships and settings in which students are safe to navigate issues they are facing in the presence of mature caring Christ-followers
- Creating structures which assist students in transitioning from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to college in a way that nurtures and promotes faith in Christ
- Communicating clearly and regularly with parents and families regarding youth ministry schedule
- Committing regular time to hold students before the Lord in prayer
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. A faithful and humble growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ
2. A teachable spirit and willingness to learn and grow
3. Ability to affirm our church’s statement of beliefs (available at ccto.org/our-beliefs)
4. Lifestyle and character consistent with someone committed to the way of Jesus
5. A relational and pastoral heart
6. An educational background in areas related to ministry, especially to students
7. Must have a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry
8. Must have good written, verbal, and digital communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
9. Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
Please respond to this posting, or send an email to the Lead Pastor, Joseph Markum (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. A statement, no longer than one page, on why you are interested in this role
4. If possible, a link to your preaching (audio or video)
Covenant Grove Church is looking for a godly and gifted man or woman to lead our Youth and Media ministries. Covenant Grove is an 11-year-old, growing church plant in Modesto, California. We are a multigenerational church and intentional about reaching the next generation with Christ. We have about 375 people on a Sunday morning, and 20-30 Youth midweek (10-15 middle school and 10-15 high school).
We are looking for a person who has a magnetic, vibrant, and growing love for Jesus Christ that overflows into genuine love for youth and young adults. He or she must be a great communicator and encourager, self-motivated and a good motivator, organized and able to see big picture, and able to handle tasks and delegation well. The ability to handle multiple tasks with great follow through is a must. We are looking for someone who is hard working, self-disciplined and faithful, with a great attitude, servant’s heart, and teachable spirit. He or she must also be able to grow ministry, work with teams, and develop leaders. A college degree (preferably ministry related) and at least three years of ministry experience are strongly preferred. This is a full time, paid position.
Our Youth Pastor will be involved primarily in our Middle School and High School, as well as leading another key ministry areas (media, production, Sunday Morning “flow”, etc.) He or she will serve as an Associate Pastor, teaching and communicating with the entire church family, and helping move the Vision of the church forward. You will be part of our pastoral team and must be able to see the biblical Vision that truly fuels all we do for the Kingdom. We commit to invest in you, support you, and stretch you in your ministry vision, skills and calling.
Covenant Grove Church exists through the power of God to transform religious and irreligious people into Fully Devoted Followers of Christ.
Our key values (around which we shape all ministry) are:
- Discipleship – loving God and growing closer to Him in devotion, prayer, obedience, study, and worship.
- Fellowship – loving the Family of God, connected through Jesus Christ and deeply committed to caring for and serving each other.
- Mission – loving a lost, needy, and hurting world – reaching out in the Spirit’s power to bring people home to God and meeting needs.
It is our passion to see Covenant Grove be a place where the Kingdom of God is alive, active, growing, and radically impacting the world.
- Have a strong personal walk with God. Pray regularly for Covenant Grove Church, our people, and those we are trying to reach. Have a prayer support team of at least 5 people who will commit to pray for you personally, every day. Personally grow in your faith through a strong devotional life, obedience, and study.
- Lead the Youth and Media Ministries of Covenant Grove through the Vision of the church – leading people closer to Christ through a life of personal devotion and prayer, strong and regular communication, encouragement, godly relationships, leadership development, and a growing and dynamic program.
Lead the Media Ministry in our church, including web, video, social media, and more. Have your communication in on time and clearly communicate Vision and momentum. Find new ways (social media, video, t-shirts, etc.) to grow excitement and joy. Build momentum and a sense of anticipation, celebration, excitement, movement, purpose, and vision.
- Disciple youth around the key habits of our church. Have godly relationships with leaders and parents. Grow godly and healthy relationships with students. Have a level of pastoral care for your entire ministry without favoritism. Invest in the invested and create a discipleship culture that lives out mission and fellowship. Pour into leaders who can have godly relationships with students.
- Lead a team of volunteers in excellent ministry. Empower, develop and encourage others to do ministry as a team. Raise up leaders who love the Lord and embrace the Vision, and can expand the ministry. Meet regularly with your leaders and Recruit new leaders into ministry.
- Communicate the biblical Vision of God as a pastor. Teach the word with conviction. Ensure your lessons are based on the Bible and have a curriculum plan for the year. Center your Vision and relationships on God’s voice in Scripture, and seek to grow a culture of loyalty to the Lord.
- Communicate regularly to students, leaders, parents, staff, office, and church.
- The weekly program will include relationship time, games (in Youth), worship, biblical teaching and groups – done with depth, high energy, and encouraging relationships. Your ministry is expected to grow numerically as people draw closer to the Lord. You also must create bridges between Sunday morning and Youth Group, and work to draw families into the church.
- Have monthly events for Youth that grow the values of Discipleship, Fellowship, and Mission, and grow momentum in the ministry. This will include 2-3 bigger events per year for each group, including Winter Camp and a mission trip (for HSM).
- Create a culture of fun and encouragement that is centered on Christ. Create and sustain momentum and anticipation with students and families looking forward to times together. Encourage students as they struggle and go through hard times. Center your encouragement on the Lord.
- Complete or oversee all administration and organization for your ministry area, including the database and attendance. Be organized and empower others to organize with you. Ensure a sense of organization and direction around the Vision. Create systems for growth.
- Serve the larger church as needed, as part of a staff team. This will include events and office tasks. Grow to care for the larger church family as a pastor on staff. You will also be asked to preach 3-4 times per year.
- Serve the church in an Associate role. This will be leading a ministry area in the church as a whole, using your gifts to drive the church forward. This area will most likely be in the area of communication and technology, but the final determination will be by you and the Lead Pastor.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor for prayer, training, vision, communication and planning. Attend the staff meetings of our church. You will also be asked to occasionally attend the Leadership Team meetings of our church.
Compensation and Ministry Benefits
- This is a full-time (50+ hours per week) ministry position. You will be asked to communicate your schedule, hours, and days off, and you will honor your Sabbath and rest times.
- You will have 10 paid vacation days and 9 paid holidays per year. Because we want you to be rested and full of life, vacation and holiday time does not accrue. Vacation needs to be approved and coordinated with the Lead Pastor. 2 days per year added until you reach 20 vacation days total. You will not miss more than 4 Sundays per year.
- We want you to have a healthy lifestyle – spiritual, emotional, physical, relationships, etc – with a rhythm of life that can be followed.
- We ask that you be licensed in the Covenant and keep your license in good standing.
- Upon hire, we will enter into a 90-day trial period during which time either the employee or the employer may determine that this is not an ideal hire for any reason. This will include an initial evaluation at 30 days.
- You will have a review twice a year.
- You will be reimbursed for budgeted and approved ministry expenses. There is no mileage reimbursement, but you may log and deduct your miles.
- This position includes pension (12.5%) and family healthcare, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Leadership growth and training opportunities are encouraged and available as funds allow. Attendance at the Thrive Conference and PSWC Celebration are very important, as well as connecting with other Covenant (and non-Covenant) ministers serving in your same position.
- The greatest benefit by far is the opportunity to serve in a healthy church with a great ministry team, where God is moving and the church is growing. We are committed to investing in your leadership and growth.
Shelbyroad is passionate about reaching the next generation for Christ and this pastor will lead our youth ministries in sharing the Good News of Jesus. This includes creating an overall vision for reaching students, building a team of volunteers to facilitate maximum spiritual growth as well as collaborating with the rest of the pastoral staff in leading the church as a whole.
This person will:
- Have already run a vibrant and exciting Youth Ministry
- Attract and equip volunteers to join them in doing the ministry
- Creatively and compellingly communicate God’s Word
- Create opportunities for students to serve God with their talents and skills
- Facilitate students serving throughout the church
- Create environments where every student can take a step closer to Jesus
Thornapple Student Ministry Vision
First and foremost we desire to call students to a dynamic relationship with and faith in Jesus Christ our Lord, working diligently to help them become disciples who love God with their whole hearts, who over time become more like Jesus, and who willingly serve sacrificially in the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that relationships are foundational to effective student ministry including intentional discipleship relationships that result in students being fully integrated into the life of the church, growing in their faith and increasing their mission impact among their peers.
Minister to Students Job Description
Position Summary: The Minister to Students is a dynamic leader who can implement Thornapple’s vision for student ministry. This person will be responsible for high school relational ministry, creative programming, ministry to volunteers, and ministry to parents. The Minister to Students will supervise and coordinate the work of the Director of Middle School
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position: Full time, salaried, benefits, exempt
Areas of Responsibility:
Relational Ministry – 25%
• Seek out and develop meaningful connections and relationships with high school students.
• Be an available presence to students in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, times of crisis, social media, etc.) and relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
• Work to develop a culture within TSM of acceptance and inclusion. Model this and guide students, parents, and volunteers towards developing a natural posture of seeking out and including students who may be on the fringe.
Creative Programming – 30%
• Implement a comprehensive ministry to high school students that calls them to faith in Christ and disciples them into a life of loving God, growing in grace together, and serving sacrificially.
• Teach students the Christian scriptures, and pray for them so that they might grow in their Christian walk and be able to integrate what they learn into their lives.
• Create programs and pathways for students that are faithful to the vision of student ministry.
Ministry to Volunteers – 20%
• Recruit, equip, organize, and shepherd high school student ministry volunteers, with diverse gifts and personalities, for effectiveness in helping students come to know Christ and grow in faith.
Ministry to Parents – 15%
• Resource parents to be the primary partner in the faith formation of their students utilizing events, seminars, and regular meetings.
• Develop and implement a communication plan for parents of high school students that
includes relevant information and invites constructive feedback.
• Invite parents to help with student ministry.
Team Collaboration – 10%
• Report to the Senior Pastor for supervision, support, and communication, maintaining the alignment of the vision of student ministry with the church’s collective sense of mission.
• Supervise, support, and communicate with the Director of Middle School Ministry.
• Work in cooperation with the entire church staff, attends weekly all staff and department lead meetings.
• Collaborate with the student ministry staff of other churches in the Cascade area and support the work of the Great Lakes Conference and the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Qualities and Qualifications:
• A maturing disciple of Jesus Christ who loves God, is growing in grace with others, serves sacrificially, attends to self- care, and exhibits compatibility with the Evangelical Covenant Church.
• A commitment to inter-generational ministry.
• Possess strong biblical and theological teaching gifts.
• Exhibit a growth mindset.
• A Bachelor’s degree, additional biblical and theological education preferred.
• 3-5 years of student ministry experience preferred.
• Be credentialed, or willing to become credentialed, in the Evangelical CovenantChurch.
• Proficiency with Social Media, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Dropbox or equivalent systems.
Applicants are required to submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by
Friday, August 7, 2020.
Are you looking to be a part of young, growing and vibrant church? Do you want to lead a student ministry with a team of volunteers who have grown the ministry from 75 to 150 weekly without a Student Pastor? Do you want to join a Pastoral team with an under 40 Lead Pastor and a staff with over 50 years of combined student ministry experience?
San Jacinto Church is located in the City of Deer Park, Texas. Deer Park is 20 minutes southeast of Downtown Houston. The church campus sits in the shadow of Deer Park High School which is the 10th largest High School in the State of Texas. Our team of volunteers are passionate about Jesus and have a love for all students.
Mission: To lead students to become fully devoted disciples of Jesus.
Vision: Bring in, build up and send out
Mature: Has a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
Integrity: Can be trusted to do what they say and say what they mean
Relational: Connects well with all generations
Driven: A hunger to accomplish tasks and reach goals
Humble: Puts others first
Strategic: Leads organized systems for long term success
Developer: Guides others to be better versions of themselves
Adaptable: Open to change and willing to adapt to where God is at work
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates the ability to recruit, train, develop and lead volunteers
- Demonstrates a proven track record of making disciples and being discipled
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates and understanding in and an ability to keep current in student culture and innovative student ministry practices and trends
- Demonstrates the ability to connect well with parents and execute a strategy to partner with them on their student’s faith journey
- Demonstrates effective communication to students with various social media platforms
- Undergraduate degree or Seminary training preferred
- Experience working in a similar student, children or college ministry role for at least two years
- Candidates with the ability to lead life changing worship, preferred but not required
Inspires students to be led into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Ministry Area Responsibilities:
- Model a passion for God, students, and parents
- Model a growing relationship with Jesus Christ in and outside of work
- Recruit, onboard, and train volunteer teams to execute at a high level
- Work in relation with the entire pastoral staff
- Implement a cohesive strategy for students to connect through small groups
- Develop an engagement strategy to connect students to the weekend experience
- Fully develop strategies to partner with parents
- Build tactics to recruit, train, develop and appreciate volunteers
- Oversee student ministry budget
- Maintain student ministry environments to ensure a clean, organized and safe experience for students and volunteers
- Attend Student Ministry events, as well as, all staff meetings and retreats
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary: Will be discussed upon application. Package is within Industry Average
- Additional Annual Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life and disability
- Retirement Match
- Vacation:10 days of paid vacation time
- Additional discretionary leave awarded in accordance with Staff Handbook
- Additional Holiday leave observed in accordance with Staff Handbook
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive salaries based on national industry metrics
- Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Matching retirement contributions
- We love technology, and you’ll have the technology tools you need to get the work done
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Resources for continuing education and conferences to get better
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Youth Ministry supports the mission of Saddlerock Evangelical Presbyterian Church “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” by leading ministry for middle school and high school students. The position is responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers; the development of programming for large group time; the discipleship of students through small groups; and coordinating youth mission trips and retreats.
The ideal candidate is:
- A capable and engaging communicator, competent in both teaching students and working with adults
- Possesses a flexible and teachable spirit, able to adapt to changing circumstances and learn new skills
- Must be a Christian of mature faith and good reputation with a desire to serve Christ’s church. Must be a regular attender of worship services at current church and serving in ministry.
- Subscribes to and affirms the Mission and Vision of SEPC and EPC Essentials of Our Faith. Able to uphold the system of doctrine contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith. Agrees and lives in accordance with EPC Position Paper on Human Sexuality. Able to work effectively in an environment which disciples and ordains both men and women as leaders.
Saddlerock EPC is a congregation of just under 400, striving together “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus.” We are situated in the beautiful Wenatchee Valley in Central Washington, a great place to serve the Lord! Check out our website at www.saddlerockepc.org, or find us on Facebook @SaddlerockEPC.
The Director of Children’s Ministry provides vision, strategy and leadership for the children of Calvary (birth-5th grade) and their families, consistent with Calvary’s Vision and Values. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life.
- Be a great teammate; encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Create a warm and inviting environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach leaders who love kids
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences and curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Organize and execute an exceptional VBS experience
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply to be a part of our incredible team please, email your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org