ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy individual excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a contagious, transforming faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and have the courage and creativity to devise effective new ways to reach broken students and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with Student Ministry in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that attract others, foster community and lead students to Christ.
· Assist in the leadership of Sunday morning (8:30 am – 12:30 pm) and Wednesday night (5:00pm-9: 30 pm) Student Ministry programs.
· Assist in the development of a strong Student Ministry volunteer team.
· Monthly teaching responsibilities in Sunday morning program.
· Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take the next steps in their relationship with Jesus, whatever their starting point is.
· Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.)
· Based on gifting and fitness there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend services and connections ministry.
· 15-20 hours per week.
· A committed follower of Jesus with a demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
· A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
· Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
· A goal oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
· At least three years of experience working with students.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
· Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
· Preference will also be given to the candidate with experience leading worship.
GCF is a Non-Denominational Church with a rich baptist heritage, located in the finger lakes region of CNY. We were formerly known as Homer Baptist but changed our name in 2004 when we moved into our new facility located strategically between the towns of Cortland and Homer. Our Church has 650-700 people at our two weekend contemporary services.
The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship is about providing leadership, discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating teens from the Homer and Cortland area and surrounding communities into the Youth Ministry at GCF. The Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building and equipping an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
- Develop teen Leaders
- Find Creative ways for outreach
- Recruit and Equip volunteers to work with teens
- Lead and provide service opportunities with teens
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This program should run similar to the school year: Sept – June.
Recruit Leaders/Teachers to work with Teens on Sunday morning
- Assist in Sunday morning Worship as needed outside of teen classes
- Train/Equip leaders for this task
- Create an easy entry point and exit point for teachers/leaders
3. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students. 7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
- Ability to develop adults and students to assume leadership roles
- Ability to relate to others, including adult leaders and the youth
- Capable of understanding and excelling the current youth ministry model
- Clearly explain complicated processes and regulations
- Provide objective solutions to complaints/inquiries
- Take initiative and jump headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with programming of experiences and events for teens
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of office equipment and software use
- Solid understanding of the Bible
- Basic understanding of youth ministry
- Competent in regards to technology and social media
- Administrative skills
- Teaching Ability
- Strong Communication
- Strong People skills
- Able to recruit leaders
- Strong work ethic with ability to cast/work towards a vision for Youth Ministry
- Coaching Skills
• Prefer a Bachelors level degree or higher
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.
Position: MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILIES- Full Time
Description: The Minister of Youth and Families provides leadership and vision in the church’s commitment to nurture youth and families in their faith and to confirm and strengthen them through study, mission, and fellowship opportunities. The Youth Minister will report directly to the Senior Associate Pastor for Families and also works in cooperation with the Church Council and lay leadership. He/she directs the service of paid and volunteer youth ministry staff and cultivates relationships with families within the congregation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Minister of Youth oversees all ministries related to youth from sixth through twelfth grades with the goal of leading them, their families, and the larger church body to glorify God through worship, covenant relationship, and service to others. He/she should provide and direct a comprehensive youth program that assists in the faith development of teens in their most formative years.
This full time position is responsible for:
Providing pastoral care and serving as a mentor, leader, teacher, and spiritual director for youth from grades 6-12 and their families.
Creating, administering, and participating in youth ministries (i.e., Sunday mornings, small groups, etc.), and special ministries including mission trips, choir tours, and other special events. This includes:
Developing and evaluating effectiveness of youth curriculum, ministries and programs;
Working in cooperation with staff and laity to plan events and ministries for youth and
Managing, scheduling, calendaring, and facilitating youth and related family ministries, including periodic availability on evenings, weekends, and occasional week-long special events; and
Communicating with both youth and their families through various platforms: social media, emails, text, phone, etc., and designing graphics for different communication platforms.
Interacting regularly with the parents of youth and providing programs to educate and equip families to assist their youth in spiritual formation and engagement on relevant issues.
Growing the youth ministry by creating welcoming and compelling environments to which youth can invite friends from outside of the church.
Partnering with laity to organize and teach the year of youth Confirmation.
Supporting youth in their activities outside of church programming.
Supporting college students, especially during their first year of college.
Equipping and training laity to be in inter-generational ministry and fellowship with youth.
Actively engaging with UPUMC staff to promote youth programming, and communicating youth ministry concerns/issues to the staff, Church Council, and congregation as appropriate.
Supervising a part-time Youth Assistant who will assist with programming and special events. 04/19/2019
Managing the youth ministry budget and restricted accounts.
Ensuring that all youth volunteers are MinistrySafe trained and that MinistrySafe Church
policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
Performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Spiritual and Philosophical:
Must be a growing Christian deepening his/her relationship with Jesus and modeling this to others.
A desire to see all youth come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ, coupled with a personal calling to minister with youth.
A genuine heart, passion, and talent for positive, nurturing interaction with youth.
A passion to create and foster an overwhelming culture of belonging and sense of
worthiness and value for and among all youth.
A desire to equip and encourage families as the primary faith educators of their children.
Aspiration to grow and enhance our present and future church community through an inclusive and welcoming youth group and its integration with the rest of the church body.
A willingness to engage in and develop an understanding of the community in which UPUMC exists.
Advanced degree in youth and practical theological studies preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with people of varying age groups, backgrounds, and roles within the church.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strategic and visionary thinker regarding the ministry needs of both youth and their
families, and their relations with the church body as a whole.
Ability to work collaboratively on multiple, simultaneous time-sensitive projects.
Ability to be a self-starter in various areas and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
Ability to support and counsel teachers and parents.
Graphic Design Skills preferred (Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, etc.)
We are looking for someone passionate about leading volunteers to create an amazing Children’s ministry!
Areas of Responsibilities:
Reach people to become followers of Christ
Oversight of East Campus Ministry including- systems implementation, commitment to the vision and mission of the Kids ministry, site management, volunteer management, and facility flip.
Develop leaders to become disciple makers as specified in Matthew 28:16-20.
Run a Christ centered children’s ministry Colossians 3:17.
Systems and specific duties:
Create structures within the Children’s ministry so that a team member can flourish and take ownership of the program according to Romans 12:3-8.
Develop and oversee the recruiting, training, and scheduling of volunteers to staff each of the worship service times. Utilize Orange resources for training.
Train your leaders to preach the gospel according to 2 Timothy 4:2.
Ongoing evaluation and implementation of age-appropriate curriculums and activities for both Pre-k and Elementary ministries.
Participate and collaborate with Kids staff on events or programs keeping in line with the church and ministry mission and vision, including Child Dedication, Baptism classes, Trunk Or Treat and other events.
Carefully manage East Campus Pre-k & Elementary budget, oversee and maintain Pre-k & Elementary facility, purchase/replace outdated, worn out items, report areas that need repair, and recommend improvements as needed.
Serve as part of the Kids and Youth team. Give input into staff meetings as well as Kids and Youth meeting. Meet regularly with supervisor and keep him updated on.
You will report directly to the East Campus Pastor.
COLLIERVILLE UMC is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Chairperson for the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff liaison to assigned work areas and committees.
10. Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 7-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Blue Oaks Church was planted in 2012 with the mission and purpose of leading those in their community into Christ-centered living. Wherever people may be in their spiritual journey, the heart of this church is to see you experience the power of God’s love and grace, to grow in your faith through communities of small groups and to use your God-given skills and passions to meet the real needs of the people in the Tri-Valley and across the world.
Since those simple beginnings in 2012 the Lord has blessed the ministry of Blue Oaks in every way to a growing community of over 600. It is the goal of the the staff to create an irresistible environment for churched and unchurched people alike where they love attending and feel welcomed as they are. It’s in this spirit that Blue Oaks strives to create a strong sense of belonging and purpose within those who attend.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle school and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director wins when the ministry engages the next generation so they grow deeper maturity in Christ and when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them and influencing them with the message of God’s story.
The Student Ministry Director is a part of our Family Ministry team which is responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Family Ministry Director and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Lead the team of volunteers that are part of the Student Ministry team.
- Create engaging experiences for teens that move forward the mission and vision of Blue Oaks.
- Develop a culture that promotes and provides for a personal connection for every student to one or more leaders.
- Resource speakers and Large Group leaders to craft the message of Jesus into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for teens.
- Resource Small Group Leaders to create safe environments for teens to find community and grow spiritually.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Ensure that physical spaces are setup and utilized well to accomplish our mission.
- Act as Team Leader of the weekly Student Ministry environments.
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading occasional Family ministry-specific events.
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Leader of Leaders – Able to develop and lead volunteer teams who in turn lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized – Able to troubleshoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Highly Relational – Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Creative and Resourceful – Able to make content and physical spaces come to life.
- Team Player – Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.
If interested, please send a resume to Nancy McMillin (email@example.com) and complete the online application.
MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION
First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Position Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Supported by: Senior Pastor, Discipleship and Spiritual Formation Center
Our welcoming and vibrant Fort Collins church seeks an exceptional new team member who shares God’s heart for youth to lead our middle (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) ministries. Our focus is assuring our youth feel loved, encouraged and challenged as they explore and grow their relationship with Christ
Do you have excellent people and organizational skills, solid bible knowledge, and the maturity to guide our youth through this formative time? If so, please submit your résumé and the names of three work references, PLUS please be sure to include a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this specific position.
You will develop, coordinate and administer an effective and comprehensive ministry to the middle school and high school youth of the church, their families and the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Reaching out to, mentoring and investing in students – meeting them ‘where they’re at’ (school, athletic and musical events, homes, 1:1 relationships) – and drawing them into a growing relationship with Christ and Christ’s church – either directly or via equipping ministry partners depending on the size of the youth ministry
· Identifying, equipping and leading a “Youth Ministry Support Team” and additional volunteers as needed, made up of adults and youth who provide shared guidance, support, and leadership of the ministry
· Leading separate weekly middle school and high school youth groups and Sunday morning programs
· Inviting and equipping students for leadership roles in the ministry
· Leading Confirmation Class in collaboration with pastors and adult leaders
· Developing and leading Mission and Outreach opportunities in the community and beyond
· Planning, implementing and supporting outreach events, trips, and retreats
· Communicating timely and effectively with youth and their families
· Leading and equipping ministry partners with fundraising for the programs and related events
· Regularly attending worship with this congregation and be available to assist in worship
· Maintaining relationships with young adults from FPC that are now in college, locally and away
· Exploring collaborative partnerships with local Presbyterian and Ecumenical Youth Ministries
· Investing in one’s spiritual health through studying the Christian faith, the Bible, and exercise of regular spiritual disciplines
· Participating in regular staff meetings and with supervisor on an agreeable schedule and frequency
· Leading the promotion and publicizing of programs and events related to both ministry areas
· Other responsibilities as jointly identified with supervisor
Our Commitment to You
We will support you in fellowship, relationship, and discipleship so that you may be nurtured, edified, and strengthened in your walk of faith. We will provide a vocational setting in which your gifts are recognized, and you will be developed as a caregiver, director, and Christian ministry leader.
Qualifications and Skills
A background in scripture, theology or Christian education is preferred, but it’s more important to be an enthusiastic and caring Christian of integrity and empathy
– Can organize and prioritize multiple ministry programs
– Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills coupled with technology skills to communicate in electronic and social media formats
– Demonstrate a positive, vibrant, open, welcoming, energetic spirit to engage diverse Youth
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, counseling, psychology, social work, human development, and family studies or a closely related field
· Previous leadership experience in Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry
· Exhibits an active and growing faith in Jesus Christ and love for Christ’s church
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in scripture, theology, Christian education or related field
· Demonstrable capability and background in understanding and teaching from a Reformed theological perspective
· Proven ability to relate current social issues to sound faith principles and beliefs in a manner relatable to youth
· Additional skills that can enhance youth ministry, including musical ability, drama/theater, an interest in nature or outdoor sports
· 3 – 5 years of previous leadership experience in youth ministry
The Menlo Kids Director will work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch children into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Kids strategy that draws families into the church
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly weekend ministry experience
- Build a relational and effective Kids Ministry team
- Minister to families connecting what happens on weekends to what happens at home
- Engage with parents
- Manage campus Menlo Kids staff
- Work closely with Central Ministry Leader and Central Staff of Menlo Kids
- Knowledgeable in Kids Ministries with at least 2 years of experience; 5 years is preferred
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as, part of a team.
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church.
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online.
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
… SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN OTHERS
Director of Student Ministries
The position is part time
The director shall report to the Senior Pastor
Develops solid Christian relationships with member and non-member youth
Plan and organizes a Sunday School program for 6th grade though young adult
Plan and organizes mid-week gathering for youth
Plans and organizes fund raisers with the approval of the Finance Committee
Plan and implements service or educational trips for the youth
Advertises all events of the youth ministry to the parents in a timely manner
Budgets for the youth events of the year
Oversees the expenditures of the youth program
Recruits and trains volunteers for the youth program
Leads the Youth Council in evaluations of the youth programs
Coordinates ministry events with the Director of Children and Family
Participates in staff meeting each week as able
Maintain a Safe Gatherings/Trusted Confianza certification
Networks with other United Methodist Youth Directors
Chooses a teaching material that will depend the spiritual lives of the youth
Works with the Senior Pastor to organize and maintain the Confirmation class each year
Advertises and promotes Conference youth camps
Implements the extra duties that are assigned by the Senior Pastor
Pursue continuing education events that will deepen your faith journey
Successful two years of youth ministry in another church
Demonstrates leadership qualities that will encourage volunteers to work with him/her
At least 2 years of college experience
Demonstrates an active and vibrant faith
Applies Biblical principles interpersonal skills
Exhibits the gifts of the Holy Spirit
Enjoys being around youth
Has a heart for the un-churched young person
Is able to recruit and train volunteers for the different ministries listed in essential functions
Is a self-starter
Is able to motive others
Demonstrates integrity and trust
Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism
Is able to work with other staff in a congenial manner
This person is responsible to create a genuine biblical community to see every student transformed and mobilized by Jesus. In addition, this role assists parents in building community and support with other like-minded parents to create godly families across Kensington.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, and Through Others in his/her Christian life.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
1. Main communicator for Middle School Ministry. Train and Develop New Communicators. Using Orange curriculum, refine series and content in collaboration with other Student Ministry leaders.
2. Program the large group gathering for Middle School Ministry. Assist Student Ministries Director (SMD) and team in creating an attractional gathering for middle school, including an environment and program that attracts seekers and grows those already devoted to following Christ.
3. Role in Student Ministries Staff. Participate in weekly team meetings. Establish Direct Reports with any interns for a given season. Assist in management of middle school budget. Help create unity and family with Student Ministry staff.
4. Oversee and lead ministry planning and vision. Align with Kensington Central Student Ministries. Implement KCC vision within the Student Ministries. Recruit, build up, and invest in team of small group leaders for middle school while having a relational connection to high school small group leaders. Attend weekly Campus meetings, Kensington central Student meetings and Kensington All Staff meetings.
5. Develop meaningful relationships with students, leaders, parents and attenders at Troy Campus.
6. Serve Student Ministries Director by being in line with a unified Family Ministry strategy from birth to adult. Assist in developing Parent team to help identify and lead Parent programs for middle and high school students.