The Missional Youth Leader will be a primary leader within the life of FAITH carrying out the mission/vision of “Changing lives through the power of Jesus SO THAT we can be the hands, feet and voice of Jesus in the world,” with an emphasis on empowering youth and other adults in youth’s lives. Specifically, the M.Y. Leader will be responsible for continued development of Faith’s missional youth ministry where youth are 1) Connecting with authentic community (cross generations) 2) Developing further a foundation for faith in Jesus and 3) Preparing for and living to serve God by serving others. Additionally, the M.Y.Leader will help create space and place for parents and the other adults in kid’s lives, where they will be equipped to build authentic community with youth at home, school, church, and in the world, and help youth lead missional lives engaged in the world around them. This is a part-time position at present and you can learn more by contacting Pastor Jane Jebsen at email@example.com
UALC, a thriving two campus church in Columbus, OH is seeking a full-time Director of High School Ministries. This position is part of a dynamic staff team dedicated to cohesive spiritual growth across all ages. Full job description and online application available at www.ualc.org/application.
I. Purpose of the Job:
To serve the vision of New Life Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
· Minimum of 3+ years of hands on student ministry experience.
· Effective pastoral leadership.
· Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of students.
· Systematic team building and leadership development.
· Ability to communicate vision.
· Student ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn new programs and technology as needed.
· Leadership and administrative experience
· Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time as needed
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Develop a strategy for reaching students in local schools and getting them attending and involved at New Life Church.
· Utilize life group environments, recruit, train, and empower leaders to leads groups of students.
· Consider implementing a once a month gathering that connects students to the growth track, dream team, worship, praying, building healthy community and challenges them to grow as leaders within the church.
· Build teams that involve students and empower them as leaders.
· Strategically promote students using mediums other than Sunday morning announcements.
· Actively participate in social media on a regular basis for students and parents to stay connected to student life.
· Intentionally build relationships with affiliated churches through ARC and other NLC partnerships.
· Connect with schools within the community in order to enable students to participate in student services.
· Actively follow up with every student that fills out a connection card from a student service, life group, or weekend service.
· Relationally serve students in pastoral care needs and create personal growth plans for students to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
· Liaison for all Life Group systems and structure implemented by NLC staff.
· Liaison for all Growth Track systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Liaison for all Dream Team systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Lead summer internship programs. Coordinate summer schedule, create and maintain budget, personally intervene when necessary for all pastoral care needs.
· Raise up Student leaders.
· Organize all Student events and leadership opportunities.
· Strategically keep students involved in the life of the dream team, events, and weekend services at NLC.
· Provide ongoing youth ministry training for other churches that may look to us for leadership and ideas.
· Organize and oversee student involvement for Conferences/Retreats/Church-wide events
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Availability for hosting services, hosting guest pastors.
V. Employee’s possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
· Love for God
· Love for People
· Work Ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
· Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
VI. Skills & Attributes
· Christ-like, servant attitude
· Devoted to the call of God and the vision of New Life Church
· Operate with a spirit of excellence
· Committed to the core values and purposes of New Life Church
· Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of life groups at New Life Church
· Leader, team builder
· Passion for the Lord and people
VII. Physical Demands:
· Light lifting
Please submit interest through Youth Specialties Job Bank.
STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR – IMMEDIATE OPENING!
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Student Ministries Pastor (Youth Pastor) for our ministry “LP Students” at LifePointe. This includes Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age. The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is a contributing member of our leadership team, having input on church decisions. We are looking for someone to build upon a solid foundation within the Student Ministry and take it to the next level.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS:
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for:
- Teaching, leading, developing and overseeing the Student Ministries at LifePointe: Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age.
- Making disciples: Growing our Student Ministries numerically and spiritually by meeting agreed upon measurable goals, expectations and objectives
- Working in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission
- Growing a dynamic student ministry by:
- Attracting, connecting and building relationships with students
- Recruiting, developing and building relationships with adult leaders
- Engaging parents
- Inspiring life change through outstanding teaching
- Creating a culture of community and service amongst students
- Regularly be on school campus’ for student games, activities, etc., and build a culture where your leaders do the same
- Entertain students and leaders in your home regularly
- Provide consistent and regular outreach activities/events throughout the year (Increased activity/events schedule in the summer)
The Student Ministries Pastor should demonstrate their ability to:
- Possess a strong commitment to the dynamic of a team environment, with the ability to follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Take initiative; contribute expertise immediately
- Demonstrate multi-faceted leadership in pastoral, administrative and organizational roles.
- Be a gifted communicator: you will also have the opportunity to teach at our main weekend worship services.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND CONTEXT ON LIFEPOINTE CHRISTIAN CHURCH:
Located in Elk Grove – a suburb of Sacramento, California – LifePointe is a non-denominational Christian Church planted 16 years ago by the Senior Pastor, Chris Delfs, through STADIA: New Church Strategies (www.stadia.cc). Visit our website at: lifepointe.org
We RELENTLESSLY pursue pointing people to the abundant, joy-filled life Jesus came to give us. Through a relational context, we pursue this abundant life by building GENUINE relationships with others – and developing a DEEPLY DEVOTED relationship with Jesus. We preach the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
Our dream for LifePointe is grand and the opportunities to grow and develop as a leader are enormous. We have a great team of staff, elders and church members who are looking for just the right person who has a servant’s heart and who wants to help LifePointe accomplish God’s vision for this church. Do you feel like you might be that individual?
- Salary Negotiable
- Full medical and dental provided
- Retirement plan provided
HOW TO APPLY:
View the full description of the Student Ministries Pastor, including how to apply on our website at: https://lifepointe.org/jobs/
Please read details about the position on our website (https://lifepointe.org/jobs/) BEFORE you submit an email and resume! DO NOT APPLY directly through youthspecialties!!!!!