Breakaway Ministries // Production Director Job Description
The role of the Production Director at Breakaway Ministries is to achieve the highest level of excellence in carrying out the mission of the ministry in all areas of production.
• Produce a weekly worship gathering for 2,000-8,000 college students meeting in the major venues on the campus of Texas A&M University (Kyle Field, Reed Arena, Olsen Field, and Rudder Auditorium)
• Oversee and lead all areas of production (staging, audio, video, and lighting)
• Coordinate and oversee the setup and tear down of the entire production setup (staging, audio, video, and lighting) every Tuesday night
• Rebuild Breakaway’s livestream experience and maximize its impact in the lives of hundreds of online viewers
• Enhance the quality and extend the reach of Breakaway’s podcast which is currently reaching thousands around the world
• Build strong relationships with production companies. Receive and evaluate bids, schedule companies, and sign and pay contracts as needed throughout the year
• Oversee, lead, and develop production related volunteer teams including Roadie and Media teams (41 students)
• Design stage, lighting, and audio layouts
• Work with Breakaway staff members to determine production needs for other Breakaway events (Breakaway Institute, volunteer events, donor events, etc.) and then oversee all aspects of production at these events
• Maintain, repair, and purchase Breakaway production equipment as needed
• Work closely with Breakaway staff to ensure weekly logistics and needs have been communicated with venues
• Passionate follower of Christ
• Strong character
• Team player
• Previous experience with live production for large events
• General knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and management of a wide variety of multi-media equipment including audio consoles, lighting, and digital video systems
• Clear and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Effective leadership skills and proven experience
• Able to set deadlines and meet them
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
GCF is a Non-Denominational Church with a rich baptist heritage, located in the finger lakes region of CNY. We were formerly known as Homer Baptist but changed our name in 2004 when we moved into our new facility located strategically between the towns of Cortland and Homer. Our Church has 650-700 people at our two weekend contemporary services.
The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship is about providing leadership, discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating teens from the Homer and Cortland area and surrounding communities into the Youth Ministry at GCF. The Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building and equipping an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
- Develop teen Leaders
- Find Creative ways for outreach
- Recruit and Equip volunteers to work with teens
- Lead and provide service opportunities with teens
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This program should run similar to the school year: Sept – June.
Recruit Leaders/Teachers to work with Teens on Sunday morning
- Assist in Sunday morning Worship as needed outside of teen classes
- Train/Equip leaders for this task
- Create an easy entry point and exit point for teachers/leaders
3. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students. 7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
- Ability to develop adults and students to assume leadership roles
- Ability to relate to others, including adult leaders and the youth
- Capable of understanding and excelling the current youth ministry model
- Clearly explain complicated processes and regulations
- Provide objective solutions to complaints/inquiries
- Take initiative and jump headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with programming of experiences and events for teens
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of office equipment and software use
- Solid understanding of the Bible
- Basic understanding of youth ministry
- Competent in regards to technology and social media
- Administrative skills
- Teaching Ability
- Strong Communication
- Strong People skills
- Able to recruit leaders
- Strong work ethic with ability to cast/work towards a vision for Youth Ministry
- Coaching Skills
• Prefer a Bachelors level degree or higher
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.
New Bridge Community Church is looking for a High School Youth Leader
The goal of the High School Ministry is to make disciples who love God, love one another, and make His love known.
The Youth Leader reports to the Associate Pastor. The Associate Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Leader’s performance, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan (MAP).
Part-time, 20 hours per week for $23K per year. This is a starting schedule and compensation package only. More hours could be spent as the need and group size increases. Reviews and adjustments are made twice a year. Salary can be adjusted in view of practical experience and education.
The Primary Task
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
· Disciple the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
· Grow the youth ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
· Build a team of passionate adult youth coaches to help mentor and disciple the youth.
· Teach the youth and young adults the Gospel.
· Provide them with opportunities to learn and growth in their relationship with Jesus.
· Model the love of Jesus.
· Challenge the youth and young adults to understand who they are in relation to God.
· Support and assist the parents in the process of discipling their youth.
· Equip the youth to demonstrate the Love of Jesus.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Adhere to theology and values in harmony with NBCC’s mission and values as well as statements of belief at http://www.nbccoly.org/beliefs/
2. Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ
3. A relational and Leader heart
4. 3 plus years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred.
5. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student and family ministry within the parameters of the church.
6. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
7. Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. With the compensation package and logistical reasons in mind preference will be given to those who currently live or have ties to the Pacific Northwest.
Position Title: High School Ministry Director
Position Job Description: Lead and serve the high school by creating pathways to discipleship through equipped adults and students
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Next Generation Director
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
· Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
· Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
· Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
· Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
· Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
· Team player
· Teaching gift and desire to teach students and adults (may fill the pulpit as requested by Sr. Pastor)
· Strong, creative, and innovative leader
· Ability to partner with parents
· 3+ years of experience leading a high school ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
· Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis, and develop other teachers as well
· Work with interns (to help lead the ministry)
· Be apart of our Bethel sports leadership team
· Develop, assemble, and equip student leaders
· Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, etc)
· Hire and equip support staff such as coordinator. and music leads
· Promote connection with students in the local high schools
· Create a culture that reaches out
· Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
· Create weekly set list for NextGen services and communicate that to music coordinators by agreed upon timeline.
· Schedule band members for NextGen services and communicate that to music coordinator by agreed upon timeline.
· Monthly event for all worship team members that include students & leads
· Attend weekly or bi-weekly meeting with ministry directors to discussion service planning and vision
o Leading Worship and creating a worship team
o Leading of weekly rehearsals (personally or by trained leads)
o Leading devotionals (personally or by the trained lead) before practice weekly
· An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
· An ability for mentoring and developing others to effectively carry out ministry
· An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
· An effective communicator to both large and small groups
· The maturity to both lead and to follow
· An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
Nothing in this job description restricts Bethel Church right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are looking for a married male pastor that has had 5 years church leadership experience. Ability to work with a team and to take guidance from Elders and Sr Minister. Must be willing to learn and use their gifts and abilities in other areas of the church should the occasion arise.
•The Associate Pastor of Students at the Rushsylvania Church of Christ provides leadership that helps the Church to achieve its mission within the Kingdom of God. The Associate Pastor of Students is responsible for the leadership of ministries and programs to teens.
PREACHING AND TEACHING
•The Associate Pastor of Students serves as the primary teacher for Student Ministry Programs.
•The Associate Pastor of Students purposefully communicates the vision of the Student Ministry to participants and ministry leaders.
•The Associate Pastor of Students at the Rushsylvania Church of Christ oversees the planning, development, and implementation of student ministry programs and student ministry events. The Associate Pastor of Students directs these ministries in accordance with the policies of the Elders.
•The Associate Pastor of Students promotes the spiritual welfare of the student ministry team as a whole. He helps individuals receive appropriate pastoral care and guidance.
•Develops an atmosphere and relationship of discipleship with students.
•Communicates timely and effectively with parents of students.
•Available to visit students and parents during physical, emotional or spiritual hardship.
•The Associate Pastor of Students reports directly to the Senior Pastor in the performance of his duties.
•The Board of Elders corporately entrusts the Associate Pastor of Students with the authority to be the primary leader of the student ministry team.
THE ASSOCIATE PASTOR’S AUTHORITY
•The Associate Pastor of Students may be an Elder of the Church and a member of the Board of Elders.
•The Associate Pastor of Students answers only to the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders when they act corporately as the Board.
•The Associate Pastor of Students is encouraged to bring any matters he sees as important to the Board of Elders for counsel and advice.
•The Board of Elders, by way of the Senior Pastor, will hold the Associate Pastor accountable and responsible for his performance.
SPECIFIC MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Plans, prepares, and teaches weekly lessons for the Student Ministry programs.
•Purposefully plans the calendar of events for Student Ministries well in advance (9-12 months)
•Creates and manages an annual budget for the Student Ministry, being purposeful in allocation and spending of resources.
• Spends time evaluating and planning areas of responsibility.
• Maintains accurate and organized records of ministry (lessons taught, curriculum used, event details).
• Spends time with students at community events (athletic events, band concerts, graduations, etc.).
• Recruits, equips, and leads volunteers to fulfill roles in the Student Ministry.
• Counsels and advises students as needed while maintaining appropriate safeguards and accountability.
• Incorporates various contemporary tools into his leadership to communicate the vision and message.
• Coordinates large outreach events for students in the community.
• Demonstrates a desire and commitment to growing and expanding knowledge in ministry duties (reading
books, ministry-specific training conferences and seminars).
• Attends bimonthly Elder’s Meetings.
• Provides a monthly report to the Elders with an emphasis on developing and fulfilling plans for the nurture and
evangelization of students.
• Provides appropriate content for the monthly newsletter and website in keeping with ministry responsibilities.
• Conducts weddings, funerals and baptisms; makes hospital and shut-in visits as necessary.
• Preaches during the Sunday Morning worship service as needed.
• Submits to the Word of God and the ways of God in both personal and professional matters.
• Demonstrates an authentic and maturing relationship with Jesus.
• Keeps regular office hours and leaves direction when he cannot be reached.
• Shows a desire to work diligently and effectively.
• Delegates as appropriate.
• Uses work time and resources efficiently.
• Takes responsibility for getting things done.
• Follows tasks through to completion.
• Treats fellow staff with respect and compassion.
• Has an understanding of teen culture and relevant social issues
• Is comfortable and effective ministering in a rural culture.