Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church (MVPC), located in the East Bay, 10 miles from Oakland, and 20 miles from San Francisco, is looking for a Director of Student Ministries to oversee our Middle School and College Ministries. This position will work closely with the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, who oversees all of Student Ministries and has primary responsibility for the High School Ministry.
Our Middle School Ministry, called Quest, gathers on Thursday Nights and this role would provide primary leadership through planning, teaching, and building relationships, as well as leading camps and other activities. Our College Ministry is a relational outreach to nearby St. Mary’s College that involves lots of one-on-one meetings with students, and small relational gatherings.
This is a full time position with time split roughly 60/40 between middle school and college ministry.
A vibrant and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
An undergraduate degree. A ministry or Bible degree is preferred, but not required.
Experience in college and/or youth ministry.
Love for students and the ability to build relationships with middle school and college students.
Strong communicator with the ability to clearly teach the Word of God.
Spiritual and emotional maturity.
A hard worker who is self-motivated.
A team player.
Desire to learn and grow.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 minute video introducing yourself. These can be sent to the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, Tommy Branagh, at email@example.com.
Director of Student Ministries
Our 1,000 member central Florida Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation is seeking an enthusiastic leader seeking a long-term relationship to continue the development and expansion of our middle school and high school youth ministry program. This Christ-centered individual must be able to work well with and lead volunteers, coordinate youth programs, and have the ability to establish one-on-one and group relationships with our youth.
The Ideal Candidate will…
• Be actively living out their Christian faith
• Have an intimate understanding of the Bible
• Relate biblical knowledge to the youth
• Be energetic and outgoing
• Be able to create exciting, active and relevant lessons
• Demonstrate patience, support and understanding
• Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
• Be a team player
• Demonstrate high proficiency with computer technology and social media
We value our student ministry program and, as such, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this full-time position. Please visit our website at www.firstpreswh.org for more information about our church. Inquiries may be mailed to the church office (attn: Director of Student Ministries Search Committee, First Presbyterian Church, 637 Sixth Street, NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for the Position
• Four-year College Degree
• Prior involvement working in high school and middle school youth ministry or youth-related organizations
• Member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) or a willingness to become a member of our PC(USA) congregation.
• Three letters of reference (one from a pastor; none of which shall come from a relative).
• Pass a background check (at the church’s expense).
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Apply directly to HR@gsumc.org
About Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Church is a modern, multiethnic, bilingual and multi-site congregation of 2,000 attendees in Charlotte, NC. Our mission is to invite all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
About this position
Good Shepherd is seeking an individual to join its family ministry staff team with an emphasis on middle and high school students. This person will have the opportunity to lead the student ministry at GS for the next generation.
About Good Shepherd’s Student Ministry
Good Shepherd’s (GS) student ministry serves an average of 125 middle and high school students in our 4 weekly gatherings across 2 campuses. In addition to weekly gatherings, our student ministry is both “in here” and receiving ministry inside the church walls and “out there” by participating in global missions, social justice causes and other service projects. GS students seeks to empower young people to influence their world through their own living relationship with Jesus Christ.
The position is for you if…
You are a visionary, relational, growth-oriented ministry professional
You love students and have a passion to see them be invited into a living relationship with Jesus
You thrive when creating relational momentum and working with teams
You are excited by the challenge of developing an established ministry for future growth
You also should have…
A bachelor’s degree (required) or seminary degree
Three years of experience in student ministry at a church of 500 or more
Experience leading other staff members
Good Shepherd can offer…
Competitive, full-time salary and benefits including healthcare, dental insurance, healthcare spending/reimbursement accounts, retirement benefits and other types of insurance.
A team-oriented, innovative, dynamic work environment
Growth potential in an already-established ministry and the opportunity to create growth
A complete resume is available upon request at HR@gsumc.org.
This position works alongside the Lead Student Pastor and serves as support to the Student Ministry of Community Church of Greenwood. The individual is responsible for the overall programming of Middle School Hangout, recruitment and investment of leaders, and care of students and families.
As a member of our Student Ministry team, this individual will experience a unique ministry opportunity as we strive to make a great Kingdom impact through our 82,000 square foot sports and fitness facility, The Gathering Place. Each year hundreds of middle and high school students and families enter through our doors that do not have a church home. The position will actively engage with the community and help them make connections to environments for sustained spiritual growth.
- Team Recruitment and Leadership
- Regularly recruit leaders to be the primary ministers to students and families
- Provide care for leaders on a regular basis
- Planning and Programming
- Support the visioning, leadership, and planning of all Middle School Ministry (MSM) programming and events that align with overall student ministry
- Oversee the planning and execution of weekly MS Hangout programming
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the middle school ministry
- Connect and care for middle school students and their families
- Connections with Church and The Gathering Place
- Create pathways for students and families to connect from MS Hangout to Sunday morning programming
- Develop and execute plans for students transitioning from KidNation to MSM
- Staff Collaboration
- Establish and maintain healthy collaboration with the Gathering Place Staff to coordinate scheduling and needs
- Invest in the overall vision of Community Church of Greenwood as a member of the staff by building healthy collaboration and communication
- Work along-side the Lead Student Pastor to cast vision and plan for the Student Ministry
- Community Communication
- Expand community connections to leverage MS Hangout’s impact in our community
- Develop and execute strategy for consistent communication to students, parents, and community
- Communicate and engage with parents on a consistent basis to ensure their needs are known and met
What to expect
- Real-life ministry experience equipping you for a life of Kingdom impact in an exciting and growing ministry
- Consistent one-on-one coaching and care focused on helping you grow in ministry understanding and growth as a Jesus-follower
- Life-giving community as a member of a growing ministry team committed to helping each other succeed
- This is a part-time position at 25-29 hours per week
- A ministry degree or ministry experience
- Genuine love for and desire to minister to students
- On mission with the mission and vision of Community Church of Greenwood
Are you the next member of our team? Apply through this site or by emailing email@example.com including a cover letter that will show us who you are beyond the resume. Include any social media usernames, links to videos of you teaching, or content you’ve created. As we collect resumes, we make contact with individuals by the end of March.
Student Ministry Pastor Job Description
The Pastor for Student Ministry will serve in partnership with the Pastors and congregation of Advent Lutheran Church and School. The goal is to form fully devoted followers of Jesus through an intentional plan of discipleship and Christ-like living.
The Goals for the Student Ministry Pastor are to:
Work in collaboration with the Advent Church and Schools to develop and execute an intentional plan for spiritual growth for children, youth, and young adults.
Work in collaboration with the Director of Family Ministries to equip parents to be spiritual leaders in the home.
Equip and train the “next generation,” and those who support them, for Christ-like living.
Provide leadership for school and college-aged ministry which would include supporting, training, and equipping adult volunteer leaders, as well as being the primary leader for these areas of ministry.
Work to form and foster a “mission” culture and equip the “next generation” for a Christ-like way of life (Prayer – Care – Share – Serve).
Serve as “chaplain” to the directors, faculty, staff, students, and families of our elementary, middle, and early childhood schools.
Work with the Director of Family Ministries to support and equip parents in their God-given role of being the primary spiritual nurturers of their children.
Plan, implement and lead monthly youth outreach events
Plan, implement, and lead youth summer trips
Provide outreach to the FAU and Lynn University campuses.
Relational Skills (group and individual)
Team Ministry Skills
Under the direction of the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation, the Director of Youth Ministry provides community, fellowship, discipleship, and pastoral care to middle and high school students, encouraging their growth into followers of Jesus Christ.
Develop meaningful, Christ-centered relationships with middle and high school students.
Create fellowship and community opportunities for middle and high school students.
Attend students’ activities (games, recitals, performances, award ceremonies, etc.) away from church as appropriate to provide encouragement and care.
Help to integrate youth in the various ministries of the church, including ministries described in our Long Range Strategic Plan (worship, the arts, social entrepreneurship, servant leadership, mission, community ministries, discipleship, etc.)
Nurture, teach, and equip middle and high school students through opportunities for worship, Sunday school, fellowship, small groups, mission trips, and retreats.
Recruit and equip teams of laypeople to set vision for and lead middle and high school ministry.
Support the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation in planning and implementing the Confirmation process for 9th graders.
Provide resources for and equip teachers and facilitators for Sunday morning discipleship/education experiences with middle and high school students.
In coordination with lay leadership and the AP for Young Adults and Youth Formation, plan for and oversee the budget for middle and high school ministry.
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor for Young Adults and Youth Formation.
Athens First United Methodist Church is a 200 year old congregation , that is reaching the 21st Century with the Good News of Christ. We are looking for a Youth Director to lead our youth ministry forward. The ideal candidate will have a strong Christian faith, proven experience in leading youth and working with volunteers.
This person will be responsible to:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive ministry that includes discipleship, spiritual formation, Bible studies, small groups, retreats, service to the church, missions (local and international), spiritual and personal growth opportunities and community building programs for youth grades 6th-12th.
- Support youth in the transition from middle school to high school to college/young adult life, and provide opportunities to keep them engaged in the journey of faith.
- Build relationships, visiting youth at high school, middle school and other school and community youth-related events.
- Assist the other church ministries as needed.
- Job Type: Full-time;
- Job Title: Youth Director;
Director of Student Ministries
The position is part time
The director shall report to the Senior Pastor
Develops solid Christian relationships with member and non-member youth
Plan and organizes a Sunday School program for 6th grade though young adult
Plan and organizes mid-week gathering for youth
Plans and organizes fund raisers with the approval of the Finance Committee
Plan and implements service or educational trips for the youth
Advertises all events of the youth ministry to the parents in a timely manner
Budgets for the youth events of the year
Oversees the expenditures of the youth program
Recruits and trains volunteers for the youth program
Leads the Youth Council in evaluations of the youth programs
Coordinates ministry events with the Director of Children and Family
Participates in staff meeting each week as able
Maintain a Safe Gatherings/Trusted Confianza certification
Networks with other United Methodist Youth Directors
Chooses a teaching material that will depend the spiritual lives of the youth
Works with the Senior Pastor to organize and maintain the Confirmation class each year
Advertises and promotes Conference youth camps
Implements the extra duties that are assigned by the Senior Pastor
Pursue continuing education events that will deepen your faith journey
Successful two years of youth ministry in another church
Demonstrates leadership qualities that will encourage volunteers to work with him/her
At least 2 years of college experience
Demonstrates an active and vibrant faith
Applies Biblical principles interpersonal skills
Exhibits the gifts of the Holy Spirit
Enjoys being around youth
Has a heart for the un-churched young person
Is able to recruit and train volunteers for the different ministries listed in essential functions
Is a self-starter
Is able to motive others
Demonstrates integrity and trust
Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism
Is able to work with other staff in a congenial manner
This person is responsible to create a genuine biblical community to see every student transformed and mobilized by Jesus. In addition, this role assists parents in building community and support with other like-minded parents to create godly families across Kensington.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, and Through Others in his/her Christian life.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
1. Main communicator for Middle School Ministry. Train and Develop New Communicators. Using Orange curriculum, refine series and content in collaboration with other Student Ministry leaders.
2. Program the large group gathering for Middle School Ministry. Assist Student Ministries Director (SMD) and team in creating an attractional gathering for middle school, including an environment and program that attracts seekers and grows those already devoted to following Christ.
3. Role in Student Ministries Staff. Participate in weekly team meetings. Establish Direct Reports with any interns for a given season. Assist in management of middle school budget. Help create unity and family with Student Ministry staff.
4. Oversee and lead ministry planning and vision. Align with Kensington Central Student Ministries. Implement KCC vision within the Student Ministries. Recruit, build up, and invest in team of small group leaders for middle school while having a relational connection to high school small group leaders. Attend weekly Campus meetings, Kensington central Student meetings and Kensington All Staff meetings.
5. Develop meaningful relationships with students, leaders, parents and attenders at Troy Campus.
6. Serve Student Ministries Director by being in line with a unified Family Ministry strategy from birth to adult. Assist in developing Parent team to help identify and lead Parent programs for middle and high school students.