Along with the Lead Pastor, provide direct oversight, pastoral care, leadership development and strategic vision for students. Also help provide smooth and seamless transitions/hand-offs within the Next Gen Ministries and lead with the Next Gen Collaborative Team – working with Children’s Pastor, Young Adult Leadership and the Executive Pastor of Ministries. In addition, this person will have a seat and a voice at the Core Leadership Team that drives and implements Summit’s mission and vision. Seminary, Bible college or undergrad degree. Produce and equip people and teams for ministry success. Be a super encourager.
Cypress Lake United Methodist Church in Ft. Myers, Florida, is accelerating forward! With nearly 700 people joining the church in the last five years, a 96% increase in the operating budget and a growing number of families with children and youth in their neighborhood, the church is moving from a part-time to a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. The community feels like a small town in the geographic center of the city. The church is ten minutes from everything you could want, including the beach. Ft. Myers is the spring training home to two major league baseball teams, miles of bicycle paths and many cultural events. Two colleges with a total of over 30,000 students are within ten miles of the church. The church is ready to invest in this next stage of ministry. If you are interested in being part of this dynamic community, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Student Ministry Intern
Calvary Bible Church – Erie Campus
Calvary Bible Church is one church in two locations: Boulder and Erie, Colorado. Our Boulder campus was founded in 1889, and we launched our Erie Campus in 2006. If you’d like to learn more about our history, you can do so via our website at https://calvarybible.com/about/history/. Currently, we are averaging roughly 1100 people in attendance at the Erie Campus on Sunday mornings. On average, we minister to 230 unique students per month (130 MSM and 100 HSM). Our church is growing, and we hope to find someone who can help take our ministry to the next level.
Student Ministry Interns work directly with Student Ministry Directors to help implement weekly programs, build relationships with students, learn to empower leaders and develop ministry skills in areas of interest.
Our goal is to help confirm an intern’s calling to ministry. Every intern completes our Calvary Student Ministry (CSM) Training Course in order to equip him/her to lead a spiritually vibrant and healthy student ministry. We work hard to help every intern leave CSM ready to lead a student ministry of his/her own.
$12,000 – $14,000 per fiscal year
20 hours per week with some evenings and weekends
Internship commitment will be reviewed annually
A faithful follower of Christ, hungry for God’s Word, proven leader, desire to make disciples.
· Born again with clear evidence of a godly lifestyle.
· In agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution.
· In agreement with student ministries philosophy of ministry.
· A call and desire toward student ministry.
During the internship, the intern will have achieved or made significant progress in the following areas:
· Develop as a spiritual leader in all areas of life (family, vocation, church).
· Develop his/her strengths and a call to ministry.
· Develop a personal philosophy of ministry.
· Learn how to work within the entire ministry team (i.e., students, worship, outreach, children, education, etc.).
· Gain insight into a full-time student ministry role at a church.
· Grow in your personal relationship with Jesus by loving God and loving others.
1. Work with the student ministry leadership to assist in the implementation of the vision, values, and goals of the student ministry department.
2. Work with the student ministry leadership to lead and implement disciple-making programs in Erie via gatherings on Sundays and mid-week as well as trips and events.
3. Lead and guide the students in the student ministry to a deeper life in Jesus Christ and push them towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
4. Assist with the development of curriculum, trips, and events for the student ministry to move students towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
5. Assist in the connection and assimilation process of all incoming new students.
6. Have an intentional emphasis with a small group of students by helping them live a disciple-making lifestyle.
7. Serve as a member of the student ministry team and attend weekly student ministry team meetings.
8. Communicate with leaders, parents, and students regarding the overall direction of the ministry and the tools we are using to help students grow.
9. Assist in recruiting, developing, and training a team of volunteers to minister to students.
10. Assist whenever called upon by the Director of Student Ministry.
· Interns needs to have a love for the Lord, first and foremost.
· Interns needs to have a servant heart.
· Interns needs to have a teachable Spirit.
· Interns needs to be willing to go the extra mile to develop as a minister.
1. The Student Ministry Intern is directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministries in Erie for daily supervision.
2. The Student Ministry Intern is responsible to the Calvary Bible Church Leadership Team and ultimately accountable to God.
Polk Street United Methodist Church is the oldest church in Amarillo, Texas, with a great tradition of vibrant youth ministry. With a first-class facility including a game room and gym, Polk Street UMC is looking for their next Youth Minister to continue the tradition. The church is a pillar in the community with an abundance of resources to share. Just south of Amarillo is Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the second largest canyon system in the United States. Known for its beautiful vistas, hiking, biking and horseback trails, this is an outdoors person’s dream. Amarillo is also one of the most affordable cities in Texas to live, with a population that maintains a small-town charm. If you are interested in joining a supportive church staff looking to maximize their potential, then email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a Co-Pastor model in our Middle School ministries where we have a male & female Pastor of Middle School Ministries. This opening is for the Pastor of Middle School Ministries (Male Role) and we are seeking a biblically trained pastor with a strong leadership gift to advance the Middle School Ministry at Salem Alliance. Our ideal candidate will work well with teams, have a clear calling to work with Middle School students and have strong communication gifts. Duties include those of preaching/teaching, pastoral care, leadership and outreach, which are critical to this position.
We are looking for someone who has a bachelor’s degree relevant to the position and two-plus years of experience working with Middle School students. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position with full benefits and requires the ability to work on weekends.
Core Job Functions:
- Serve as lead champion of their ministry area alongside of the co-pastor by modeling, promoting and teaching regarding the importance of following Jesus in every aspect of our lives
- Provide strategic, visionary leadership to their ministry area
- Effectively represents ministry area at the Pastoral level, able to think and lead from a global church perspective
- In partnership with the co-pastor, plan, organize, direct and supervise the work of assigned personnel; provide training, mentor, encourage and challenge them in their spiritual walk and ministry calling
- Effectively tend to his/her soul and actively pursue personal spiritual growth and development through spiritual disciplines (e.g. prayer, Bible reading/study, soul care, spiritual relationships, church attendance)
- Develop, organize, assess and oversee curriculum within Middle School Ministries
- Preach and Teach on a regular basis
- Develop creative training models for teachers that provides the scope and sequence of biblical training
- Create and maintain a preaching calendar; arrange for substitutes, guest speakers
3. Volunteer Management
- Develop, organize and oversee volunteer teams associated with ministry area (Crash huddle groups, CMT, retreats…)
- Develop, organize and work with parent teams to adequately staff events (leader mtg. meals, CMT meals, event team)
- Recruit, train and maintain a full volunteer team within Middle School Ministries.
- Develop ongoing strategy for leadership development (6th, 7th, 8th grade and beyond)
4. Community Outreach
- Create and maintain a strategy for student involvement in community and global service
- Coordinate event planning including: outreach/special events, retreats, missions experiences, weekend ministries, small groups and service projects
- Partner with other ministries to maximize evangelistic impact
5. Pastoral Care/Support
- Provide pastoral care to youth and parents
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality for anyone that is coming for care and support
- Share in overall pastoral responsibilities of the church
We are looking for someone to oversee middle school and high school ministries on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, in a growing Evangelical Covenant Church.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Program organization
- Leader training
- Interaction with students
- Collaborative team leadership
Interim period to last 6-18 months with potential to grow to full-time.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree. Previous Youth Ministry experience
We are looking for God’s man to encourage youth in their spiritual journey by modeling what it means to live a passionate, Christ-centered life. Christ Community Church (CCC) is an elder-led, non-denominational church with approximately 1300 people in our weekly worship services. Our youth programs range from 65-100 in attendance between Sunday and Wednesday night ministries.
We are committed to gospel-centered worship, teaching, discipleship, and reaching the community with the life-changing truth of the gospel. The individual we are seeking should have significant experience working with youth; be a strong team member and team player; be committed to carrying out the mission and vision of CCC; and must be able to endorse the constitution, bylaws and doctrinal statement of CCC and follow the leadership of the elders.
This man will be a committed Christian who continues to grow in his relationship with God through Jesus Christ; lives consistently with the biblical standards of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; and has the support of his family in this ministry. We would prefer an individual with a seminary degree. However, a combination of Bible College and experience working with youth will also be considered. Experience in other areas of adult ministry will be required as the individual in this position will be called upon to assist with weddings, funerals, pastoral care and pastor-on-call duties, and adhere to our church doctrinal statement.
The Pastor of Middle School is responsible for leading our middle school students towards Christ, equipping volunteers to disciple and mentor students, and partnering with parents as they disciple their kids.
Please submit your resume to Sarah Over at email@example.com. Due to the confidential nature of this job posting, please do not call or contact the church office. We will review resumes and contact you if we require further information.
YOUTH MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
· Strong in character. We are looking for a person of high integrity, a humble learner, a team player, and a servant leader.
· Deep in faith and formation. We are looking for a committed disciple of Jesus, open to formation by the Spirit, with a hopeful sense of God’s mission in the world.
· Focused on relationships. This is the primary goal and method of ministry. Relationships will be with kids and families, volunteers and our broader community.
· Outreach oriented. We desire a director who will love and connect with the kids we already know and be visibly present in the community beyond the church.
· Creative and adaptable. Come ready to research, learn, experiment, fail, and try again.
· Visionary. Be prepared to listen and follow where the Spirit is leading, to communicate that vision to kids, families, and mentors and chart a course forward in ministry.
· Gifted in leadership. The director will plan, execute and equip others to serve in youth ministry. They will facilitate challenging conversations and work towards a new vision for next-generation ministry with the whole church.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
1. Develop trusting relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
2. Lead, develop and execute discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids. Plan and lead the fun, the faith lessons, the events, and the trips.
3. Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
4. Use appropriate platforms to communicate with kids, parents, and volunteers.
5. Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
6. Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g., ministry, education, or human development.
2. Experience in ministry, with recent professional development may suffice.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead youth in faith formation and study of scripture.
4. Familiarity with current youth culture and adolescent development.
5. Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
6. Leadership experience with proven adaptability, creativity and innovation.
7. Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
8. Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
Seven Hills Fellowship is seeking a Youth Minister who will be an architect for the Youth Ministry of 7HF. It is our desire that the Middle and High School youth will be inspired towards and equipped for a life-long relationship with Christ that leads to flourishing in them individually and in their domains. We believe that this flourishing occurs as believers of all ages engage in works of restoration, through lives of reconciliation, through friendship, and through education that leads to transformation, all grounded in our worship of a holy and merciful God.
Leader Recruitment and Oversight (5 hours a week)
- Recruit Adult and College leaders to work with Middle and High School students
- Oversee volunteer leaders through regular individual and team meetings, holding them accountable to an appropriate job description
Contact Work (10 hours a week)
- Contact work is the lifeblood of youth ministry. It’s where the youth minister and volunteers engage incarnationally with their students.
- Contact work means attending the student’s sporting events and concerts, taking them to grab coffee or breakfast, and meeting them where they are.
Middle and High School Youth Group (10 hours a week)
- Like Sunday morning worship for adults, Youth Group, is a large group context where Middle School students can connect relationally, engage in worship and be inspired and equipped by Gospel motivated teaching.
- The general structure of Youth Group will be the following: mixer/game, worship, teaching and a small group breakout session.
Discipleship Groups (5 hours a week)
- Led by the Youth Minister or by a volunteer, Discipleship Groups are a context where students can engage in accountability, learning, and prayer towards the end of becoming life-long mature and equipped followers of Christ.
- Content can be a book or curriculum that is in alignment with the Vision and Values of Seven Hills Fellowship.
- Whether Summer Camp, a mission trip or a day trip to the Ocoee river, Big Events get kids out of their regular routine and into a context where they have the opportunity encounter God and engage in Restoration, Reconciliation or simply building Friendships, each of which leads to their flourishing.
- Summer Break, Spring Break and Winter Break are prime time for this type of event.
- The Youth Minister is required to attend a weekly staff meeting.
- The Youth Minster will oversee a parent’s council
- The Youth Minister will engage in personal development through seminars, retreats and ongoing training or education.
- POSITION OVERVIEW
- DEVELOPER: This role flows through three developmental phases: personal, leadership, and organizational
o PERSONAL – This answers the whatquestion. What does the interior life of your leadership look like? What does your God-given uniqueness consists of? Personal character and self-awareness are continually refined at this stage and self-leadership is primary.
o LEADERSHIP – This answers the whoquestion. Leadership is contextual and will flow from one person to a community. As a leader in our community, this position requires leadership that leads other kingdom workers to their own personal clarity. Who are you developing? Who are they developing?
o ORGANIZATIONAL – This answers the how question. How will your leadership affect the organization of Heartland Community Church? How will you recruit, train, and release leaders to be effective kingdom workers in Kansas City?
- PARTNER: a trusted partner of the Pastor of Family Movements and the Pastor of High School Movements
- MOVEMENT LEADER: providing movemental-type support and encouragement to students, families, neighborhoods and local schools
- TEAM BUILDER: invest relationally in adults and students while calling them to do the same with others
- CAMPUS MINDED: embrace the “both/and” expressions of student ministry: gathered at the physical church building and scattered across the city.