Club Beyond® is the name used by Military Community Youth Ministries (MCYM) to identify its ministry with military high school and middle school-aged kids worldwide. Club Beyond staff and volunteers mentor young people and are available to journey with them through the hard challenges of adolescence, providing positive role models, and exhibiting Christ-like behavior. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the Young Life Military program, also known as Club Beyond on a specific military base.
We are currently doing incarnational high school and middle school ministry at military installations around the world.
The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with the military is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
- Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation , and the chapel community.
- Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
- Work well in an environment that sees a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains, and volunteers (due to high military operational tempo). Be respectful of and embrace a community that is deeply influenced by a military culture.
- A deep love for Christ and lost teens.
- Passion for people and to work well with them
- Teachable heart.
- Willingness to make a three-year commitment.
- Minimum of three years’ youth ministry experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Willingness to raise the majority of salary through personal support.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To administrate and oversee Student ministry teams, develop programming & discipleship strategies for families to ensure a smoothly operated, safe and effective Student & family ministry resulting in physical growth of the church & spiritual growth of the family. This director reports to the Senior Pastor.
Student & Family Ministry Responsibilities
• Oversee Student Ministry
• Equip & prepare volunteers & future leaders for each area of service to facilitate Order of Experience
• Ongoing recruitment & acclimation of new volunteers
• Oversee Programming & Facilities
• Successful curriculum deployment
• Provide classroom environments & curriculum that is not only relevant but exciting.
• Maintain condition of property, equipment and consumable supplies along with church calendar & facility usage schedule
Time Commitment & Weekly Schedule
· Salary based on a 40+ hour work week
· Sundays – First In/Last Out, Wednesday Nights – First In/Last Out
· Special Events – First In/Last Out
· Life Group – Active member
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Youth Director Columbia Presbyterian Church
Purpose – The Youth Director at Columbia will provide opportunities and guidance to our youth to help create life-long disciples of Jesus Christ always considering our Youth Ministry guiding principle of L.I.F.E.R.S. (Creating life-long disciples, Intentional planning, Family centered, Equipping our youth and families, forming and facilitating meaningful Relationships, and Service)
Accountability – This position will report to the Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team, the Personnel Ministry Team and the Session.
Time – The Position is 40 hours a week. It is an exempt and salaried position.
Regularly meet with Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministries
Event champion and lead person on all Middle School/High School events and Middle School and High School Sunday School
Directly Provide and oversee pastoral care issues related to Middle School/High School students and their parents/families
Shared program leadership with Associate Pastor for both Middle School and High School
Regular contact work with students
Retreats and Calendar Planning
Recruit and Equip Leadership for Middle School Ministries (Adults and Core Leaders) and High School Ministries (Adults)
Participate in Sunday Worship at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Full participation in program staff meetings
Participation in monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings
Oversight over our Annual Work Camp Auction
Lead our annual Summer Internship for High School and College Students
Manage the budget for Youth Ministries in cooperation with the Youth Ministries Team
o College Diploma from an Accredited University
o A deep love for Jesus and for students
o Previous youth ministry experience with students (preferred 2-3+ years)
o Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with other colleagues in a multi-staff and team based environment
o Good conflict resolution skills
o Ability to engage in long term planning
o Ideal candidate would have some abilities in several of these areas:
o Technology and Social Media
o Musical Gifts for Worship
o Capacity for and interest in theological reflection
o Biblically based teaching that is relevant and engaging
o An active and healthy prayer life
o Leadership of games and activities
Columbia Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation that has been a solid example of Christ’s witness in its community since the 1950’s. While we are a blended church in terms of age and tradition, we are on the cutting edge of student ministry. We have developed new approaches to youth ministry that are currently leading national conversations about the future of student ministry across the United States. In short, we are a blend of the traditional and the innovative. We are not a flashy church, but what we do, we do well. We are biblically centered and Christ centered and while we have remained in the PCUSA denomination, we represent a center right church theologically. Columbia is orthodox, passionate for Christ, but unwilling to settle for simple answers to any question. We are highly reflective. Our youth ministry is vibrant and well supported financially and in terms of leadership. It is a spectacular place to worship and call home and is a very healthy staff. It is also a community that has a long history of caring for its ministers well.
The Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area is one of the most popular places to live in the country with mountains, rivers, and lakes galore. It is a wonderful place for people who like the outdoors and a small/medium sized metro area. The urban and the wild are 15 minutes in either direction. The climate, though rainy and often grey in some seasons, has wonderful fall seasons, mild winters, and superb summers. There are great schools in the area and it is a wonderful place to call home.
The salary range starts at 50k and may be higher depending on experience. There is generous vacation and study leave time. There are also generous professional expense applications and some funding for study leave. There are also medical benefits and the possibility of a package of other benefits depending on experience and years served. Anyone inquiring about the position can ask about these other benefits.
Underpinning all of these responsibilities is the Youth Director’s need to engage in self-care. This would include:
-Tending to your relationship with Jesus
-Tending to your family
-Taking adequate time for personal rest and reflection so that you are ministering from abundance
-Taking time for professional study leave for the sake of professional and spiritual growth
Interested Candidates should contact:
Matt Overton- Associate Pastor for Youth and Families
Woodinville Community Church is a vibrant church in the heart of Woodinville, where our mission is Sharing the transforming love of Jesus Christ, across the street and around the world. We are seeing to be continually growing young and whole. Our desire is to encourage and exhort our students through involving them in keychain leadership throughout the church as a whole, and prioritizing young people everywhere.
Woodinville Church is seeking a spiritually mature Christian leader who is passionate about young people and encouraging students to grow in their faith. Working together with the lay youth ministry staff, he/she will lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students by teaching them to worship, learn and obey the Word, serve the body, and reach out to others in the community. Together with the Adult and Families Director and the Children’s Ministry Director, he/she will assist parents in the development of biblical parenting skills.
Character & Qualifications:
Must be a growing Christian that is committed to deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ and modeling this to others.
Have a strong desire to lead youth in growing in their faith as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Have the ability to work with appropriate church leadership and work well with staff (be a team player)
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Have a servant heart.
Organize and facilitate the Wednesday night youth gathering, providing an inviting environment with age-appropriate games, teaching, and activities.
Prepare relevant, scripturally sound lessons for Sunday school and for the mid-week youth gathering. Schedule and communicate with alternate teachers.
Recruit, train and coordinate volunteer staff. Invest in student leadership by delegating and mentoring.
Be available to meet with students and parents, providing counseling, prayer and encouragement where needed.
Direct and coordinate camps, retreats, mission trips, and special activities.
Review the youth budget annually. Coordinate with the Finance Committee and Treasurer to keep track of expenses.
Ensure proper background check protocols for all leaders.
Participate in weekly staff meetings and the monthly Ministry Steering Team meeting.
Faithfully attend church service and church activities
Director of Student Ministries
The Village Community Presbyterian Church in Rancho Santa Fe, CA (north San Diego County) is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Student Ministries, which serves middle school and high school age students, and young adults.
The Director must be a committed, mature disciple of Jesus Christ, who will inspire others, especially students and their families, to follow Jesus for life. The Director shall: lead and teach at Sunday, midweek, and special student gatherings; cultivate strong relationships with the students and families of the Church, as well as community and ministry partners; supervise student ministries staff; assist in providing pastoral care to students and their families; help to lead camps and mission opportunities; work collegially with other church staff and volunteer leaders; and provide administrative leadership of the operations of student ministries. The successful candidate will have acumen in building and inspiring intergenerational teams and partners, a “people person” with a strong EQ, adept as a student and teacher of Scripture, able to work in a fast-paced environment, but keen on when to pray and discern. The Director is to be a listener, a collaborator, and professional in demeanor while being able to relate to students, families, church staff and leaders of all ages and of all backgrounds. Additional preferred and desired skills set, or a willingness to learn, include: strategic planning and execution, budget development, program review, conflict resolution/management, and risk mitigation.
Qualifications: Minimum high school graduate, preferred associate’s/undergraduate degree; 2-5 years related experience; theological training or degree a plus.
Visit www.villagechurch.orgto learn more about the congregation. Confidential Inquiries or to submit a letter of application, CV or resumé, along with three professional/academic letters, contact Rev. Dr. Neal Presa at email@example.com (858) 756-2441, ext. 104
We are looking for a high-energy relational person to oversee a thriving program for those in middle school, where the goal is to move these students toward becoming disciples of Christ. Roswell Presbyterian Church (RPC) welcomes a large family of faith to live out the good news of Jesus Christ. With roots that go back to 1839, RPC belongs to the historic Reformed tradition of the Presbyterian Church (USA) that trusts in the grace and love of Jesus Christ for ourselves and for the whole world. We respond to God’s love revealed in Jesus Christ by loving with our heads, hearts, and hands. Please see the attached job description.https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c1a6a28e2ccd16a53828eba/t/5d2657a71d2af200019d5ffe/1562793895972/MS+Director+Job+Description.pdf
Director of Youth Ministry, Full-Time Position
St. Luke United Methodist is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to lead the discipleship process for 7th-12th grades. This pivotal leadership position mentors youth to understand the Christian faith as a relationship with Jesus Christ and encourages them to grow in their love of Christ through ministry, fellowship, study, retreats, and worship. A successful candidate for this new position must have strong faith and love for Christ, a passion for relating to youth, be enthusiastic, organized, and familiar with the United Methodist Church. This person must be able to communicate with youth, parents, and volunteers. This position reports to the Pastor.
St. Luke is a vital congregation in the growing area of Enterprise, Alabama. With both a contemporary and traditional worship service, active discipleship programs, and vision for the future, St. Luke is an exciting place to serve in ministry. The City of Enterprise offers an excellent school system, an engaged community atmosphere, and opportunities for recreation and leisure. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits which will be determined in relationship to qualifications and experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to Organization: St. Luke United Methodist Church Contact: Julie Biddle Phone: 334-347-9023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 07/31/2019 • Organization: St. Luke United Methodist Church • Contact: Julie Biddle • Phone: 334-347-9023 • Email: email@example.com • Closing Date: 07/31/19
Peninsula Bible Church is a vital congregation with 70 years of history located at the heart of Silicon Valley. We enjoy considerable diversity in age (infants to 90-year-olds), economic and family status, ethnicity, and personal style. We have a deep love for the Bible (as the name might suggest) and are evangelical in theology but not narrowly so. We are grateful for the stability of deep roots and excited about the adventure before us, “good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
Middle School Ministry Vision
Our Middle School Ministry exists to help 6th-8th-grade students become rooted in Christ and equip them for a lifelong walk with God. Our passion and purpose are to prepare our students to live a life that reflects Christ in every way. The Middle School Pastor works closely with the High School Pastor (and team) to support our youth and families.
The Middle School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school students (grades 6-8) and volunteers. This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (e.g., camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.) Presently, this position also includes working with a part-time intern or director to help with Middle School programming.
Middle School Responsibilities
- Work closely with the High School Pastor and Youth Directors to implement and develop PBC’s Youth Ministry vision.
- Teach the Bible in a variety of contexts, (e.g., small/large groups, different demographics).
- Plan teaching curriculum, small group Bible Studies, and resources.
- Provide regular, focused communication to students, parents, and leaders that is consistent with other communication practices in Youth Ministry at PBC.
- Provide pastoral care to students, as well as parents.
- Have a heart and desire for equipping parents.
- Have a heart and desire for equipping students to utilize their gifts, talents, and desires in the greater congregation.
- Encourage, equip, and empower adult volunteer leaders regularly to further the Middle School Ministry. Recruit new volunteers when needed.
- Provide the overall planning, organization and implementation of programs and activities.
- Administer all official communications (e.g., web, print, email, social media, announcements, bulletin inserts) related to Middle School Ministry programs and events.
- Disciple, equip and manage team members (interns and/or directors) by leading in a positive and professional manner by providing spiritual support, leadership, and training.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for Middle School Ministry.
Pastoral Team Member Responsibilities
PBC has a core commitment to servant leadership, to healthy communication with other staff members, and to shared responsibilities. Any new pastor would have to function well as “one among others” in style of leadership.
- Provide pastoral counseling and care to the congregation.
- Participate actively as a member of the pastoral team, working together with them to contribute to the life of the church.
- Communicate with fellow pastoral staff and elders on issues relating to, and of particular interest to, the youth of PBC.
- Pastor the congregation at large, paying attention to overall spiritual health. Help lead occasional all-church events and efforts.
At PBC, we adore our youth. We aim to equip and encourage them to use their faith, gifts, and efforts at school, in the congregation, at home, and with friends. We are looking for a Middle School Pastor who enjoys the quirks that come with this age group, one who can resonate with the complexities of being a teenager in Silicon Valley, one who can have fun, be themselves, and provide teaching that is authentic. No need to speak Gen Z or attempt to be cool, but instead we are looking for a mature person, who loves students, and can model a relationship with the Lord.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry experience
- A growing and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A passion for investing in and walking along-side middle school students to show them the love of Christ
- A student of the Word of God and can relate it to the world of middle school students in the BayArea
- Spiritually-gifted to teach the Scriptures
- Articulates and models a Christ-Centered Life consistent with Scripture
- Strong written and leadership communication skills
- A faithful, humble, teachable spirit
- A team player and contributor
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to recruit, train and develop a strong team and volunteer leader base
- Highly relational with parents, volunteers and students
- Excellent communicator, teacher of middle school students
- Ongoing dependence on the Holy Spirit to direct and modify ministry plans, areas of emphasis, and responses to student/family needs and requests
- Actively engaging in the life of the church and ministry outside the daily time at work
- Agreement with our doctrinal statement is required
- Occasional lifting of 20 pounds required for events and set up
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hire Date: Summer/Fall 2019
Please submit the following as three separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- A statement addressing the following:
- Describe your faith journey and your relationship with God today.
- What excites you most about ministering to middle schoolers and families?
- What are your spiritual gifts?
All three must be submitted to be considered.
The role of the Youth Director is to oversee the youth ministry of the Presbyterian Church in Morristown (PCM) and to direct the implementation of its mission and vision. Responsibilities include the architecture of programs; hands-on organization of events; management of resources; and recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers for middle school and high school youth ministry programs. The candidate should be a strong communicator who collaborates with staff, volunteers, and families, with a strong emphasis on building relationships, both within the church and with the larger community. Compensation is a combination of housing and cash salary – 50% of the staff member’s medical benefits are covered and participation in the PCUSA pension program is included.