The goal of this position is to build and develop relationships with students in middle school, high school, and college. The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) is to help students of all ages connect with Christ, become rooted in the church, and reach those outside the church. The means to this will be relational ministry. The DSM will pursue a multi-ethnic ministry that moves students along CHPC’s path of discipleship.
General & Administrative
- Participate with College Hill Presbyterian Church staff as is appropriate to director-level position.
- Manage budget to support ministry priorities and make decisions to keep the ministry in alignment with the budget
- Work with the youth volunteers to develop programs that promote smooth and successful transitions through the spiritual and developmental stages of children 7th through 12th grade and college.
- Perform and oversee all administrative duties necessary for the position
- Ensure that all adults working with children and youth have received training in child safety and have been appropriately screened.
- Inform CHPC staff of regular ministry updates, challenges, and opportunities
- Provide regular communication for students and their families
- Provide monthly ministry updates for the church at large via church newsletter
- Assess and maintain weekly programs for their effectiveness and fidelity to the church’s vision.
- Along with staff and volunteers, discontinue ineffective or suboptimal programs
- Work with the pastors, church staff, and ministry volunteers to set vision, direction, and goals for student ministry at CHPC consistent with the church’s mission and core values
- Communicate vision for students to families, the congregation, and the College Hill community
- Partner with parents/guardians to develop, present and regularly evaluate curriculum which is faithful to scripture and the reformed traditions and belief
- Recruit and train volunteers to work effectively with students and their families
- Support and provide further development for current volunteers
- Delegate meaningful opportunities to volunteers within the ministry
- Engage with all families and students currently connected to College Hill Presbyterian Church
- Develop a working knowledge of youth and their families in the church and community and provides appropriate support and pastoral care in conjunction with our existing church staff and referral services
- Find new and innovative ways to reach students that are not connected to the church
- In partnership with other church ministries, lead students and their families into the experience of a personal relationship with God through a variety of vibrant, meaningful, appropriate, high quality worship, service, and fellowship opportunities
- Provide support and discipleship for families by using existing church pastoral staff and referral services in times of crisis and develop working knowledge of family needs and joys
- Provide resources, support, and assistance to parents as the primary developers of faith in their students through special workshops and training events.
- Plan, organize, and lead ministry programs, events and trips as they serve the larger purpose of the ministry.
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with other ministries at the church (worship, deacons, etc.)
- Co-lead the tweens group with the Director of Children’s Ministry in order to help children transition
Exhibits a growing faith in Christ, grounded in Scripture
Demonstrates a passion to minister students
Enthusiastic team builder with the ability to equip others
Innovative in ministering to the changing needs of our church and community
Physically able to meet the demands of the job
Creative ability to adapt and develop curriculum when necessary
Organized administrator with good time management skills
Comfortable delegating responsibilities
Knowledge and skills in information technology including computer and social media
Bachelor degree or above—coursework in child development desired
Two or more years of leadership experience in Christian education
ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy individual excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a contagious, transforming faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and have the courage and creativity to devise effective new ways to reach broken students and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with Student Ministry in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that attract others, foster community and lead students to Christ.
· Assist in the leadership of Sunday morning (8:30 am – 12:30 pm) and Wednesday night (5:00pm-9: 30 pm) Student Ministry programs.
· Assist in the development of a strong Student Ministry volunteer team.
· Monthly teaching responsibilities in Sunday morning program.
· Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take the next steps in their relationship with Jesus, whatever their starting point is.
· Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.)
· Based on gifting and fitness there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend services and connections ministry.
· 15-20 hours per week.
· A committed follower of Jesus with a demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
· A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
· Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
· A goal oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
· At least three years of experience working with students.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
· Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
· Preference will also be given to the candidate with experience leading worship.
We are looking for someone passionate about leading volunteers to create an amazing Children’s ministry!
Areas of Responsibilities:
Reach people to become followers of Christ
Oversight of East Campus Ministry including- systems implementation, commitment to the vision and mission of the Kids ministry, site management, volunteer management, and facility flip.
Develop leaders to become disciple makers as specified in Matthew 28:16-20.
Run a Christ centered children’s ministry Colossians 3:17.
Systems and specific duties:
Create structures within the Children’s ministry so that a team member can flourish and take ownership of the program according to Romans 12:3-8.
Develop and oversee the recruiting, training, and scheduling of volunteers to staff each of the worship service times. Utilize Orange resources for training.
Train your leaders to preach the gospel according to 2 Timothy 4:2.
Ongoing evaluation and implementation of age-appropriate curriculums and activities for both Pre-k and Elementary ministries.
Participate and collaborate with Kids staff on events or programs keeping in line with the church and ministry mission and vision, including Child Dedication, Baptism classes, Trunk Or Treat and other events.
Carefully manage East Campus Pre-k & Elementary budget, oversee and maintain Pre-k & Elementary facility, purchase/replace outdated, worn out items, report areas that need repair, and recommend improvements as needed.
Serve as part of the Kids and Youth team. Give input into staff meetings as well as Kids and Youth meeting. Meet regularly with supervisor and keep him updated on.
You will report directly to the East Campus Pastor.
Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593
We are searching for a new youth / young adults director who will work with staff and session in planning, developing, and coordinating the Youth Ministry and Young Adults Ministry at SCC.
Christian Education, Youth
Nurture youth’s spiritual development through relationships, creative teaching and programming
Lead and coordinate Sunday youth programming (6th – 12th grade)
Lead and coordinate Friday youth program (6th – 12th grade)
Manage curriculum, resources, classrooms
Recruit and train teachers, facilitators and substitutes
Coordinate youth programs throughout the year (Mission trips, lock-ins, retreats, Easter, Christmas and other special events)
Offer input and contribute to Adult Christian Education in the area of Christian parenting and youth education.
Christian Education, Young Adults
Nurture Young Adults spiritual development through relationships, creative teaching and programming
Lead and coordinate Young Adults Ministry
Coordinate Young Adult programs throughout the year, including weekly Bible study, retreats, and other activities as planned
Counseling youth and young adults in cooperation and direction of pastors
Work with support structures at church and in the home, working with parents as appropriate
Communication with staff, ministry team and congregation
Acquire resources/supplies for Ministry work
Weekly staff meetings
Bi-monthly steering meetings
Serve on appropriate ministries and committees
Studies in Christian Education
Experience as Ministry Director, working with Youth and/or Young Adults preferred
Position Hours: 20 – 40 hours per week (depending on Youth and/or Young Adults)
Salary: $25,000 – $55,000, depending responsibilities and commensurate with experience