ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy individual excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a contagious, transforming faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and have the courage and creativity to devise effective new ways to reach broken students and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with Student Ministry in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that attract others, foster community and lead students to Christ.
· Assist in the leadership of Sunday morning (8:30 am – 12:30 pm) and Wednesday night (5:00pm-9: 30 pm) Student Ministry programs.
· Assist in the development of a strong Student Ministry volunteer team.
· Monthly teaching responsibilities in Sunday morning program.
· Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take the next steps in their relationship with Jesus, whatever their starting point is.
· Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.)
· Based on gifting and fitness there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend services and connections ministry.
· 15-20 hours per week.
· A committed follower of Jesus with a demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
· A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
· Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
· A goal oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
· At least three years of experience working with students.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
· Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
· Preference will also be given to the candidate with experience leading worship.
We are looking for someone passionate about leading volunteers to create an amazing Children’s ministry!
Areas of Responsibilities:
Reach people to become followers of Christ
Oversight of East Campus Ministry including- systems implementation, commitment to the vision and mission of the Kids ministry, site management, volunteer management, and facility flip.
Develop leaders to become disciple makers as specified in Matthew 28:16-20.
Run a Christ centered children’s ministry Colossians 3:17.
Systems and specific duties:
Create structures within the Children’s ministry so that a team member can flourish and take ownership of the program according to Romans 12:3-8.
Develop and oversee the recruiting, training, and scheduling of volunteers to staff each of the worship service times. Utilize Orange resources for training.
Train your leaders to preach the gospel according to 2 Timothy 4:2.
Ongoing evaluation and implementation of age-appropriate curriculums and activities for both Pre-k and Elementary ministries.
Participate and collaborate with Kids staff on events or programs keeping in line with the church and ministry mission and vision, including Child Dedication, Baptism classes, Trunk Or Treat and other events.
Carefully manage East Campus Pre-k & Elementary budget, oversee and maintain Pre-k & Elementary facility, purchase/replace outdated, worn out items, report areas that need repair, and recommend improvements as needed.
Serve as part of the Kids and Youth team. Give input into staff meetings as well as Kids and Youth meeting. Meet regularly with supervisor and keep him updated on.
You will report directly to the East Campus Pastor.
Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston is looking for a vibrant, creative and committed minister to design and lead our 6-12 youth program. The successful candidate will be a committed christian who is supportive of the Episcopal faith and tradition, high-energy with a vibrant personality, dependable and of good moral character, have several years of experience growing a youth program and be willing to imagine them-self serving the cathedral youth for four or more years. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, benefits eligibility and the opportunity to minister with and among some of the finest clerics and lay-professionals in the church today.
If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Ramona Sikes, HR Manager, Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002 Humanresources@christchurchcathedral.org 713-222-2593
We are searching for a new youth / young adults director who will work with staff and session in planning, developing, and coordinating the Youth Ministry and Young Adults Ministry at SCC.
Christian Education, Youth
Nurture youth’s spiritual development through relationships, creative teaching and programming
Lead and coordinate Sunday youth programming (6th – 12th grade)
Lead and coordinate Friday youth program (6th – 12th grade)
Manage curriculum, resources, classrooms
Recruit and train teachers, facilitators and substitutes
Coordinate youth programs throughout the year (Mission trips, lock-ins, retreats, Easter, Christmas and other special events)
Offer input and contribute to Adult Christian Education in the area of Christian parenting and youth education.
Christian Education, Young Adults
Nurture Young Adults spiritual development through relationships, creative teaching and programming
Lead and coordinate Young Adults Ministry
Coordinate Young Adult programs throughout the year, including weekly Bible study, retreats, and other activities as planned
Counseling youth and young adults in cooperation and direction of pastors
Work with support structures at church and in the home, working with parents as appropriate
Communication with staff, ministry team and congregation
Acquire resources/supplies for Ministry work
Weekly staff meetings
Bi-monthly steering meetings
Serve on appropriate ministries and committees
Studies in Christian Education
Experience as Ministry Director, working with Youth and/or Young Adults preferred
Position Hours: 20 – 40 hours per week (depending on Youth and/or Young Adults)
Salary: $25,000 – $55,000, depending responsibilities and commensurate with experience