DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is strong in character, committed to faith formation, and focused on relationships. We desire a youth director who is outreach oriented, creative and adaptable, visionary, and gifted in leadership.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
1. Build relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
2. Develop and lead discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids.
3. Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
4. Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
5. Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Education in ministry, education, or human development; or
2. Experience in ministry (professional, internship or volunteer)
3. Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
4. Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
5. Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
Columbia Presbyterian Church
Purpose – The Youth Director at Columbia will provide opportunities and guidance to our youth to help create life-long disciples of Jesus Christ always considering our Youth Ministry guiding principle of L.I.F.E.R.S. (Creating life-long disciples, Intentional planning, Family centered, Equipping our youth and families, forming and facilitating meaningful Relationships, and Service)
Accountability – This position will report to the Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team, the Personnel Ministry Team and the Session.
Time – The Position is 40 hours a week. It is an exempt and salaried position.
Regularly meet with Associate Pastor for Youth and Family Ministries
Event champion and lead person on all Middle School/High School events and Middle School and High School Sunday School
Directly Provide and oversee pastoral care issues related to Middle School/High School students and their parents/families
Shared program leadership with Associate Pastor for both Middle School and High School
Regular contact work with students
Retreats and Calendar Planning
Recruit and Equip Leadership for Middle School Ministries (Adults and Core Leaders) and High School Ministries (Adults)
Participate in Sunday Worship at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Full participation in program staff meetings
Participation in monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings
Oversight over our Annual Work Camp Auction
Lead our annual Summer Internship for High School and College Students
Manage the budget for Youth Ministries in cooperation with the Youth Ministries Team
o College Diploma from an Accredited University
o A deep love for Jesus and for students
o Previous youth ministry experience with students (preferred 2-3+ years)
o Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with other colleagues in a multi-staff and team based environment
o Good conflict resolution skills
o Ability to engage in long term planning
o Ideal candidate would have some abilities in several of these areas:
o Technology and Social Media
o Musical Gifts for Worship
o Capacity for and interest in theological reflection
o Biblically based teaching that is relevant and engaging
o An active and healthy prayer life
o Leadership of games and activities
Columbia Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation that has been a solid example of Christ’s witness in its community since the 1950’s. While we are a blended church in terms of age and tradition, we are on the cutting edge of student ministry. We have developed new approaches to youth ministry that are currently leading national conversations about the future of student ministry across the United States. In short, we are a blend of the traditional and the innovative. We are not a flashy church, but what we do, we do well. We are biblically centered and Christ centered and while we have remained in the PCUSA denomination, we represent a center right church theologically. Columbia is orthodox, passionate for Christ, but unwilling to settle for simple answers to any question. We are highly reflective. Our youth ministry is vibrant and well supported financially and in terms of leadership. It is a spectacular place to worship and call home and is a very healthy staff. It is also a community that has a long history of caring for its ministers well.
The Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area is one of the most popular places to live in the country with mountains, rivers, and lakes galore. It is a wonderful place for people who like the outdoors and a small/medium sized metro area. The urban and the wild are 15 minutes in either direction. The climate, though rainy and often grey in some seasons, has wonderful fall seasons, mild winters, and superb summers. There are great schools in the area and it is a wonderful place to call home.
The salary range starts at 50k and may be higher depending on experience. There is generous vacation and study leave time. There are also generous professional expense applications and some funding for study leave. There are also medical benefits and the possibility of a package of other benefits depending on experience and years served. Anyone inquiring about the position can ask about these other benefits.
Underpinning all of these responsibilities is the Youth Director’s need to engage in self-care. This would include:
-Tending to your relationship with Jesus
-Tending to your family
-Taking adequate time for personal rest and reflection so that you are ministering from abundance
-Taking time for professional study leave for the sake of professional and spiritual growth
Interested Candidates should contact:
Matt Overton- Associate Pastor for Youth and Families
We are looking for highly motivated Sales Account Representatives with long-term aspirations. The ideal candidate has a combination of ministry and sales experience, a relational personality, and an extremely strong work ethic. Although we are a 33-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of capable Sales Account Representatives to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
This is a sales position. While we believe that sales can be done in a very servant-hearted way, please understand this position is selling our services and cultivating those relationships. Therefore, the main focus of this job is to generate new relationships (primarily over the phone) and service existing relationships, with the goal of helping ministries and churches with airfare for missions, ski retreats, ground transportation, and trip insurance.
– Prospect for potential missions, ground transportation, ski, insurance, and miscellaneous travel by making 30-50 inside sales cold calls per day, e-mail or text, and (occasionally) outside sales appointments.
– Create, submit and track all quotes for ski, airfare, ground transportation,
insurance and miscellaneous travel.
– Close prospective trips.
– Build relationships with potential and existing clients over a long period of time.
– Manage a large portfolio of clients by:
o Keeping track of all quote and contract deadlines and due dates.
o Respond promptly to all client correspondence.
o Following up with clients during the appropriate season.
– Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings.
– Travel approximately 1 week per year. This is typically for outside sales appointments or to attend conferences that promote our services.
– Any other applicable duties as needed, as may be assigned from time to time by the
CEO, CFO, Director of Sales, or acting supervisor, pertaining to the Sales Account Representative position.
– At least two years of sales experience and/or…
– At least two years of ministry experience planning group trips (preferably with ski or mission trips) in some capacity.
– Cannot be afraid to make 30-50 cold calls per day.
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– Computer Skills – Must have the ability to navigate through most of the Microsoft Office applications as well as our database and pricing program. This requires an above beginner level of computer competency.
– Ability to listen and ask good questions.
– Above average organizational skills.
– Existing relationships with ministries, churches, Christian schools and missions organizations is a plus.
– Existing knowledge of the ski and/or missions industry is a plus.
– High integrity
– Strong work ethic
– Extroverted/Relational personality
– Teachable and able to learn new things
– Ability to work within a team
– A heart to serve the church
Sales Account Representative (Year 1)
– Our first year sales people are referred to as Sales Account Representatives. They have less time off, monthly quotas, and slightly more volatile commission structure
Sales Account Executive (Year 2)
– Upon completion of the first year, with a satisfactory production level, you will be promoted to Sales Account Executive. With this promotion comes a more stable compensation model, the ability to mentor Sales Account Representatives, and additional vacation time.
Senior Sales Account Executive (Year 4-8)
– Our top producing sales people will be promoted to Senior Sales Account Executive status. With this promotion comes: 1) additional vacation time, and 2) a full-time Sales Assistant. A Sales Assistant has proven to be invaluable for further growth through his/her assistance in day-to-day tasks.
Every sales account representative will participate in our training program, which consists of the following components:
1) Week One Training – During the first week at High Point, new sales account representatives will attend a one week training led by the Director of Sales. This training is intended to be as comprehensive as possible and will cover a range of topics and skill development exercises.
2) OT Session (On-going Training) – After the first week, new sales people will attend a weekly meeting commonly referred to as an OT Session, or On-going Training Session. These meetings are intended to address issues, topics and questions that will arise during the early stages of growth. These meetings will last until the end of the employees 6th month.
3) Mentor Program – Each new sales representative will be paired with a veteran “Mentor.” They will meet with this mentor on a monthly basis during their first 8 months at High Point. The intention of this relationship is to serve as a sounding board and source of encouragement for new employees.
– Partial health/dental insurance for full-time employees.
– 401K matching program at the end of the first year.
– A company laptop is given to all employees.
– Travel discounts and perks.
– Generous time off policy.
– Great working environment.
– Very balanced and family centered office.