Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
Youth Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries
Christ Community Church (Brockport, NY, west of Rochester) is looking to hire a full-time time individual who has a heart for youth. This person will primarily work with our college ministry, B.A.S.I.C. (Brothers and Sisters in Christ), our senior high and junior high youth groups. He or she will work with our current group of volunteers to establish thriving and growing ministries. He or she will organize weekly meetings, prepare various teachings, and strategically build a leadership team. This individual will attend leadership conferences, bring youth to our regional community outreach (Flower City Work Camp), and establish an annual missions trip for our youth.
Christ Community Church is directly across the street from Brockport Central Schools where there are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school of roughly 1300 students; we are looking for someone who can evangelize to this group of youth. We are also a five minute walk to The College at Brockport, where B.A.S.I.C. has been ministering successfully for over 20 years! Our church believes that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today. We believe in speaking in tongues. We believe in prophetic gifts. Our worship is contemporary and lively. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with the Spirit-led foundation of a non-denominational church and has a heart to actively reach the youth in our community for Jesus.
Bible School education and/or experience in leading a youth group ministry is required. Both is ideal.
Email email@example.com, please submit your resume and cover letter.
CrossLife Church is a dynamic, multi-site, Southern Baptist church located in the metro-Orlando area with a membership of 5000+ and regular weekly attendance of 2000+. We are looking for an experienced Student Pastor to lead our High School ministry and supervise our Middle School ministry.
Principal Function: The High School Pastor’s principle function is to implement and carry out a vision to lead high school students in a program of evangelism, discipleship and ministry, as well as supervise the Middle School ministry.
Responsibilities and expectations include but aren’t limited to:
1. Be a team player as part of the CrossLife staff in supporting the Pastor and the church’s vision.
2. Live as an example of Christ before the students, church and community.
3. Build relationships with students.
4. Enlist and train volunteers to minister to students. (Ephesians 4:11,12)
5. Organize Small Group ministry for growth, caring and discipleship.
6. Recruit and train student leaders.
7. Plan and conduct quality Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs.
8. Grow the High School Ministry numerically.
9. Reach High School students for Christ as a priority. (Evangelism – Matthew 8:19,20)
10. Disciple High Schoolers through Biblical content, relationships and ministry experiences. (Colossians 2:6)
11. Inform parents and include them in the ministry.
12. Visit and contact High Schoolers on a weekly basis.
13. Plan, organize and implement special events and trips (e.g. mission trips, camps, special weekends, and outreach events).
14. Seek ongoing personal training and growth opportunities as a High School Pastor.
15. Establish trusting relationships with local High School campuses, visiting weekly.
16. Supervise the Middle School Pastor and Ministry.
17. Participate in general ministerial duties (e.g. hospital visits, funerals, counseling, etc.) as assigned by the Pastor.
Athens First United Methodist Church is a 200 year old congregation , that is reaching the 21st Century with the Good News of Christ. We are looking for a Youth Director to lead our youth ministry forward. The ideal candidate will have a strong Christian faith, proven experience in leading youth and working with volunteers.
This person will be responsible to:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive ministry that includes discipleship, spiritual formation, Bible studies, small groups, retreats, service to the church, missions (local and international), spiritual and personal growth opportunities and community building programs for youth grades 6th-12th.
- Support youth in the transition from middle school to high school to college/young adult life, and provide opportunities to keep them engaged in the journey of faith.
- Build relationships, visiting youth at high school, middle school and other school and community youth-related events.
- Assist the other church ministries as needed.
- Job Type: Full-time;
- Job Title: Youth Director;
Dawson Covenant Church
Children, Youth, and Family Ministry
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct ministry that reaches children, youth, and their families through evangelism, education service, worship, discipleship and fellowship activities that promote a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This position will provide leadership to fulfill the church’s mission statement which is: To know Christ, to be like Christ, and to make Him known.
It is our hope that this position will help lead our church in developing new models of ministry that empower believing parents to take responsibility for the discipleship of their own children, help our church to minister to one another across generational lines and encourage us to develop a coherent discipleship pathway from birth through high school.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
● Recruit, train, support and minister to volunteers for children, youth, and family ministry
● Plan, implement, and coordinate curriculum for children, youth, and family resulting in an integrated and holistic Christian formation program
● Actively participate in the life of the church including worship, pulpit supply, and other Christian education opportunities
● Advocate for children, youth, and families
● Reach children, youth, and families with the Gospel in the greater community including local schools (elementary through high school). Attend student and school events and develop other informal contacts with youth.
● Cooperate with the Christian Education committee and Lead Pastor in the development of family and outreach ministries
● Perform other related duties as appropriate and negotiated with the Lead Pastor
Qualifications and Competencies:
To be personally committed to Jesus Christ, demonstrate team leadership skills, gifted and passionately committed to the ministry of equipping volunteers, possess seasoned verbal and written communication skills, be committed to the vision and mission of Dawson Covenant, acceptance of the practice and polity of the Evangelical Covenant Church, maintaining an exemplary Biblical, Christian lifestyle.
● Personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ
● Ability to communicate the Gospel
● High standard of Christian character
● Demonstrated communications excellence, both written and verbal
● Ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
● Demonstrated ability to teach children effectively
● Excellent interpersonal and people relationship skills
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaboration with other ministry staff
● Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for seeing Christ formed in children, youth, and their families
● Demonstrated team leadership skills
● Promote, support, and utilize Lake Beauty Bible Camp
● Willing to reside in the area and establish relationships
Education and Experience
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field or Masters preferred
● Background in education, counseling, child and family development, children, youth, and family ministry helpful
● Experience as a volunteer and /or staff in a school, church, or other educational setting
This is a full time position based on a 40-hour work week. Salary is dependent on education and experience and will be reviewed annually with respect to cost-of-living, merit, and personal need. Housing allowance will be provided.
The Church will provide reimbursement for mileage, continuing education, Covenant events and Covenant Orientation as needed.