Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator, Christ Lutheran Church, 2350 44th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49519
Christ Lutheran Church is seeking to hire a Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator who desires to encourage, inspire, and nurture the faith formation of children, teens, and adults in our church community which includes being the Senior High Youth leader. We seek an energetic and confident person to build upon established programs using their own creativity, interests, and expertise. This position requires the individual to invite, equip, and encourage a team of volunteers to carry out the programs offered The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate and work effectively with staff and church members, and support the ELCA’s mission and vision. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
A complete job description can be located on our church website, clcwyoming.org .
The Hudson Evangelical Presbyterian Church is looking for a Director of Student Ministries, who is a committed follower of our Lord Jesus, and is passionate about working with middle school, high school, and college age students. We as a Church desire to be known as a place where people come to Know Jesus, Serve Jesus, and to Bring Others to Jesus, and value student ministry as a gift from the Lord to help us achieve these areas of our Vision.
Professional / Religious Experience and Education:
· Prior Professional or internship experience in leading Student Ministry at a Church (minimum of 2 years)
· Experience in Outreach and evangelism to students inside and outside of the Church, teaching at weekly large group and small group meetings, leading Student Ministry events, and working closely with adult volunteers, parents and the Student Ministry Committee
· Preferred Degree in Christian Ministries with a concentration in working with Students (or a college senior finishing a degree)
· Affirm the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Essentials (on page 3)
· Effective at Interpersonal Communication
· Ability to engage effectively with all generations
· Sound Biblical Knowledge
· Teaching and mentoring skills at both a student and college student level
· Leadership abilities to facilitate and lead effective group meetings
· Planning and Organizational skills, including Goal setting and implementation planning
· This is a fulltime position of approximately 40 hours weekly
· The Director of Student Ministries, is responsible for leading our Middle School, High School, and seasonal college age programs. These responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop, implement, and participate in a relationship ministry with the students and their families, and be an on-going personal contact.
2. Be a mentor to the students, identifying the needs and interest of our youth and bringing exciting Christ-centered ideas, ministries, and programs that will appeal to this age group.
3. Create opportunities and actively work to invite the community and their students and families to be part of the HPC Student ministry as one form of evangelism and outreach.
4. Lead and encourage HPC students to invite the community and their students and families to be part of the HPC Student ministry as one form of evangelism and outreach.
5. Involvement with students outside of church events. This includes attending, student’s sporting events, concerts, and spending time with students outside of the programmatic hours.
6. Lead and participate in weekly student group meetings and special events. This may also include retreats, weekly Bible studies, overnighters at the Church, etc.
7. Recruit and maintain a strong adult volunteer group
8. Organize and lead local youth missions and an annual youth mission trip.
9. With assistance from the Sr. Pastor, lead the church’s student membership program.
10. Teach a Sunday morning study each week.
11. Attend, and participate in when asked by the Sr. Pastor, in our weekly worship services on Sunday
12. Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
13. Organize and meet with Student Ministry Committee quarterly
14. Lead a seasonal (Christmas break/Summer) College/Young Adult Ministry
15. Interact and engage directly with the parents of HPC Youth for the purposes of Student Ministry support and involvement.
16. As a member of the Church staff, while these are not under the Director of Student ministries leadership, it is important to engage with various other HPC Ministry Groups including Children’s Ministries, Senior Ministries, etc.
17. With the help of the Student Ministry Committee, establish communication/information plants for HPC’s Leadership Boards in order for them to be fully aware of the Student Ministries plans and progresses throughout each calendar year.
· Planning and organization
· Group/team leadership
· Passion for ministry
· High work standards
· Self-starter/takes imitative
Communication and Accountability:
The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible to, and work closely with the Sr. Pastor/Head of Staff, as well as the Leadership Board to bring about the Vision of the Church.
· Based on current market research and candidates experience
· Health care benefits
· 2 weeks of vacation for first 5 years, and one additional week beginning the sixth year
· One week of study leave
· Approved mileage at IRS mileage rate
THE EPC ESSENTIALS OF OUR FAITH
· All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
· We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
· Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
· The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
· Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
· The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
· Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” (Rev. 22:20)
· The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Eph. 2:10)
All who are interested please send your resume to Pastor Rob Sparr at email@example.com
Part-time Director of Youth Ministry – Brenham First UMC, Brenham, Texas
The director of youth ministry will work directly with students, grades 6-12, and their families to provide opportunities to grow in discipleship through worship, recreation, Bible study, service, and mission trips. The youth director will report directly to the senior pastor while also relating to the church leadership.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Send cover letter and resume to:
Contact: Rev. Bobbie Maltas
408 N Baylor
Brenham, Texas 77833
Christ Church in Sugar Land, TX, is looking for a positive and energetic part-time staff member with a deep faith in Christ and love for High School students. This position involves serving with the full-time Director of Youth Ministry in reaching and discipling senior high youth in the congregation and in the community. A church background in Methodist or Wesleyan traditions is preferred but not required. College graduates or currently enrolled college students in the local area are welcome to apply. All interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.christchurchsl.org/jobs for the full job description.
Warsaw Community Church, a 2000 attendee church in Northern Indiana, is seeking a full-time High School Pastor. WCC is a 25-year-old, non-denominational, contemporary church that has a great reputation in the Kosciusko County area.
Warsaw is a 15,000-person city, halfway between the cities of Fort Wayne and South Bend. Residents enjoy numerous area lakes, excellent schools, and many amenities of a large city, with opportunities for “getting away” in the small town feel of shops, parks, and greenways.
Applicants for the position of High School Pastor should be spiritually mature individuals with a proven record of effectiveness and experience in ministering to students and families inside and outside the church. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a measurable ability to connect with students, parents, volunteers, schools, other churches, and other community entities.
Specifically, we require applicants to have met these criteria: (click here for full job description)
– College degree (educational background in Christian ministry or education is a plus)
– 4 years of experience in ministry with a youth ministry of over 50 regular attendees
– Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with schools and community organizations
– Philosophy of ministry to students that is consistent with the vision and mission of WCC (which can be found at warsaw.cc/who)
– Demonstrated ability to recruit and train leaders and partner with parents for the work of ministry
We expect the High School Pastor to be a contributing member of the church and local community, leading by example in connecting students with the larger life of the church. They must be comfortable spending a significant amount of time working outside of the church developing relationships with families and community organizations. An ability to have a volunteer role at our local high school in order to connect with students is a strong advantage.
We expect the High School Pastor to be willing to be a student of the local culture and develop programming based on the goals of the ministry and the needs of families. The High School Pastor is expected to work in constant connection with the Director of Student Ministries and must be coachable, self-motivated, insightful, and collaborative. We work with students to facilitate the Lord’s development of a faith that will last beyond high school. The fulfillment of this vision will allow the High School Pastor to be creative, while working within established successful programming and under the direction of student ministry veterans.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Scott Nieveen – email@example.com after reviewing our church website at warsaw.cc. References and Statements of Faith are not necessary until later in the selection process. Candidates must be in agreement with our Vision, Mission, Beliefs, and Values (which can be found at warsaw.cc/who) and meet the requirements listed above and on the job description.
At the heart of Calvary is our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our mission inspires our worship and groups. It motivates our service to our community and the world. It serves as the foundation of everything we are, do and believe. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and Gospel-centered teammate to join our Children, Youth, and Family Ministries team.
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing Christ-centered and biblically based ministry environments. This position will serve as ministry director for students in grades 9-12. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families.
- Live out Calvary’s vision, mission and core values, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Serve on the Middle School and High School Teaching Teams
- Establish bridges to help kids transition from one life stage to the next in healthy and meaningful ways.
- Cultivate relationships on campus at local high schools
- Model relational discipleship to adults, students, kids and families
- Responsible for the development and implementation of ministry with high school students, including weekly school year programming (NEXT and ethos) and summer opportunities (VBS, camps, mission trips, etc.)
- Partner with the CYF Pastor, Ministry Directors and Ministries Assistant to develop programs that are organized, supervised and promoted
- Recruit, empower and develop a team of volunteers (small group leaders, Lenten mentors and special event volunteers)
- Develop and equip student leaders for children’s and middle school ministry
- Develop a ministry that impacts the community and honors Calvary’s roots
- Help develop the annual budget for high school ministry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing, Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills with kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with multiple teams
- Minimum 4-year degree.
- Prior youth ministry experience (2-4 years preferably in a large church context)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
Youth Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries
Christ Community Church (Brockport, NY, west of Rochester) is looking to hire a full-time time individual who has a heart for youth. This person will primarily work with our college ministry, B.A.S.I.C. (Brothers and Sisters in Christ), our senior high and junior high youth groups. He or she will work with our current group of volunteers to establish thriving and growing ministries. He or she will organize weekly meetings, prepare various teachings, and strategically build a leadership team. This individual will attend leadership conferences, bring youth to our regional community outreach (Flower City Work Camp), and establish an annual missions trip for our youth.
Christ Community Church is directly across the street from Brockport Central Schools where there are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school of roughly 1300 students; we are looking for someone who can evangelize to this group of youth. We are also a five minute walk to The College at Brockport, where B.A.S.I.C. has been ministering successfully for over 20 years! Our church believes that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today. We believe in speaking in tongues. We believe in prophetic gifts. Our worship is contemporary and lively. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with the Spirit-led foundation of a non-denominational church and has a heart to actively reach the youth in our community for Jesus.
Bible School education and/or experience in leading a youth group ministry is required. Both is ideal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, please submit your resume and cover letter.
CrossLife Church is a dynamic, multi-site, Southern Baptist church located in the metro-Orlando area with a membership of 5000+ and regular weekly attendance of 2000+. We are looking for an experienced Student Pastor to lead our High School ministry and supervise our Middle School ministry.
Principal Function: The High School Pastor’s principle function is to implement and carry out a vision to lead high school students in a program of evangelism, discipleship and ministry, as well as supervise the Middle School ministry.
Responsibilities and expectations include but aren’t limited to:
1. Be a team player as part of the CrossLife staff in supporting the Pastor and the church’s vision.
2. Live as an example of Christ before the students, church and community.
3. Build relationships with students.
4. Enlist and train volunteers to minister to students. (Ephesians 4:11,12)
5. Organize Small Group ministry for growth, caring and discipleship.
6. Recruit and train student leaders.
7. Plan and conduct quality Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs.
8. Grow the High School Ministry numerically.
9. Reach High School students for Christ as a priority. (Evangelism – Matthew 8:19,20)
10. Disciple High Schoolers through Biblical content, relationships and ministry experiences. (Colossians 2:6)
11. Inform parents and include them in the ministry.
12. Visit and contact High Schoolers on a weekly basis.
13. Plan, organize and implement special events and trips (e.g. mission trips, camps, special weekends, and outreach events).
14. Seek ongoing personal training and growth opportunities as a High School Pastor.
15. Establish trusting relationships with local High School campuses, visiting weekly.
16. Supervise the Middle School Pastor and Ministry.
17. Participate in general ministerial duties (e.g. hospital visits, funerals, counseling, etc.) as assigned by the Pastor.
Athens First United Methodist Church is a 200 year old congregation , that is reaching the 21st Century with the Good News of Christ. We are looking for a Youth Director to lead our youth ministry forward. The ideal candidate will have a strong Christian faith, proven experience in leading youth and working with volunteers.
This person will be responsible to:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive ministry that includes discipleship, spiritual formation, Bible studies, small groups, retreats, service to the church, missions (local and international), spiritual and personal growth opportunities and community building programs for youth grades 6th-12th.
- Support youth in the transition from middle school to high school to college/young adult life, and provide opportunities to keep them engaged in the journey of faith.
- Build relationships, visiting youth at high school, middle school and other school and community youth-related events.
- Assist the other church ministries as needed.
- Job Type: Full-time;
- Job Title: Youth Director;