COLLIERVILLE UMC is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Chairperson for the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff liaison to assigned work areas and committees.
10. Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 7-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Student Ministries Director
Bethany CRC’s Mission:
Bethany CRC is intentionally structuring its life together to assist one another in fulfilling our commitment to transforming lives and communities through the purposes of Christ’s church:
- Magnifying God (Worship)
- Membership in Christ’s Church (Fellowship)
- Maturity in Christ (Discipleship)
- Ministry to others (Service)
- Mission in the world (Witness)
Student Ministries Position Objective
The Director is responsible for all aspects of middle school and high school ministries in harmony with Bethany’s purposes.
The Student Ministries Director serves Christ through Bethany Church by partnering with leaders, parents, and students to make more and better disciples who are authentically living and loving like Jesus.
1. Identify, Attract, Lead, and Develop Leaders and Teams
a. Build relationships with those who share a passion to reach students with the gospel
b. Continually equip volunteers to lead programs, ministry teams, and small groups
c. Director is not to just do ministry to/with students, but gather others to do the same
2. Connect with Students (starting with 70 on our contacts list)
a. Visit schools, athletic events, concerts, chapel services and other important events that students are involved in with a minimum of twice monthly for both middle and high school students
b. Available for counseling, prayer and spiritual encouragement for all students
c. Be in contact with in-active or less-than-active students of Bethany
d. Have posted office hours weekly
3. Equip students
a. Teach the Word to give biblical understanding and life application of the gospel
b. Challenge students to live and practice their faith at home, school, work, church
c. Identify the ministry passions and spiritual gifts of students and possible ministry roles
d. Identify and train prospective youth leaders in community development and youth ministry through an Internship Program
4. Communicate with Church, Staff, Council, Parents, and Students
a. Weekly bulletin announcements, Website updated monthly
b. Quarterly calendars/newsletters to keep students/parents/church regularly informed about trips, retreats and special events
c. Create brochures/flyers for special events, camps, retreats, service projects
d. Make occasional presentations to the Council and congregation as requested
5. Direct MS and HS Ministry Programs
a. Sunday mornings & evenings, Wednesday evenings, weekly small groups, etc.
b. Local service projects and mission experiences
c. Winter and Summer camps, other seasonal retreats, youth conventions, special programs & fundraising events
d. Relate to and coordinate with area churches in doing some combined events
a. Create a balanced, annual long-range plan for topics, speakers, events, etc.
b. Develop annual Youth Ministry budget and coordinate/monitor expenses
c. Keep office and rooms orderly to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere
· Fully devoted to God and His Church and committed to expressing that devotion through prayer, worship, and obedience
· Maintains a vital, growing personal walk with God through Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit
· Walks with with moral integrity to be above reproach in life and ministry
· Models faithful leadership and ministry effectiveness by being humble and teachable
· Pursues personal growth and ministry development opportunities, people, books, etc.
Gifts, Abilities, Experiences
· Demonstrated passion to reach MS and HS youth that do not know Jesus Christ
· Ability to meaningfully relate to a variety of people groups (church council, staff, parents and youth, congregation and community, and other ministry leaders/churches)
· Has at least two-years of student ministry leadership experience and effectiveness
· Completion of college/university desired
· Has an understanding and commitment to Reformed doctrine/theology
· Is, or will be, a professing member of Bethany CRC
· The Student Ministries Director is accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet with the Senior Pastor and Personnel Team for annual reviews
Compensation & Employment Terms
This is an exempt, salaried, full-time position (40+ hours per week)
Compensation commensurate with experience, education and performance
Position is eligible for Family Health Insurance Benefits and Housing/Allowance
Three-weeks paid vacation to be used within each church year
Position is available now. Start date to be negotiated.
To Apply, email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Introduction (one-page)
2. Resume (ministry experiences, educational background, family relationships)
a. What is your philosophy of ministry to students?
b. If you were a super hero, what super power would you have, and why?
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (email@example.com)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Hockessin United Methodist Church – Hockessin, DE
Student Ministries Director is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Senior Pastor with the responsibility for planning, leading and growing the student ministries at the Hockessin United Methodist Church (HUMC). This student minister will energize youth (6th-12th grades) with innovative ways to worship, fellowship and study scripture that leads them to a lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.
*Highly energetic and committed to youth ministry
*Training in Christian youth ministry or seminary experience
*Previous youth ministry and leadership experience required
*Strong leadership, planning and interpersonal skills
*Meets requirement for Safe Sanctuary(background check)
Full job description is available on Hockessin UMC website:
Compensation Package: $40,000-$45,000 annually plus monthly benefit allowance
Submit cover letter, resume and list of references to:
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH & MISSIONS
Grace, A United Methodist Congregation
5125 Sicard Hollow Rd.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Grace, a United Methodist Congregation (Grace) is an active, Christ-centered church in the Vestavia Hills area of Birmingham, Alabama. We are a medium-sized, progressive church serving people from all over the greater Birmingham area. Grace values vibrant worship, small group Bible study, inclusiveness, and significant missional outreach both locally and internationally.
To understand our ministry, you must first know our mission: “Strengthening families by making and growing highly committed disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” All of our ministry decisions flow from this one foundational statement, and this signifies why God put our church in this community. Our most recent “strengthening families” initiative was to support local families by creating and launching a full-day Christian preschool for children ages three-months through Pre-K. We also offer an after school program for elementary school students. Ministry to young families is truly at the heart of what we do at Grace!
POSITION DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE:
The Director of Youth & Missions (DYM) will join our ministry teams to further develop and implement a robust discipleship program for students in 6th grade through 12th grade. The purpose of this role is to encourage youth to cultivate a personal relationship with Christ and to understand the role of community in living out their faith journey. The DYM will work with youth to enhance their understanding of the communal nature of faith, inspire students to recognize the importance of studying scripture, and to convey what it means to be a Christ-like servant. In addition, this individual will teach students how to treat all people with dignity and love.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, plan, develop, and evaluate all aspects of youth ministry
- Empower and mentor youth in their spiritual journey, encouraging students to cultivate a meaningful relationship with Christ.
- Foster caring relationships with youth and their families.
- Develop and implement youth small groups, house parties, events, activities, mission trips and camps.
- Recruit, train, develop and deploy volunteer leaders and teachers to fulfill the vision and goals of the overall youth ministry.
- Effectively promote youth events in coordination with the other program directors (i.e., children, worship, adult discipleship).
- Coordinate and facilitate a Confirmation program effectively utilizing the support of volunteers, staff and mentors.
- Continue to identify and implement best practices and resources in youth ministry programming.
- Create or select curriculum that supports our mission and doctrine of the Methodist Church.
- In conjunction with our missions team, dedicate approximately 5-10 hours a week planning and organizing year-round missional outreach efforts.
Critical metrics for success include:
– Identify and partner with community groups, businesses, and organizations to further enrich missions programming.
– A unique monthly outreach opportunity that successfully engages an increasing number of laity in local, national and/or international missions.
– Priority is placed on ongoing missional relationships rather than “one-off” projects.
- Utilize effective communication tools, resources, and practices (i.e., web page, social media, newsletter, email, etc.) to effectively promote participation in the youth ministry program.
- Involve youth in worship, fundraising, and missional/outreach opportunities.
- Ensure that all staff, volunteers, and leaders working with youth have completed “Safe Sanctuaries” training and that guidelines/policies are enforced.
- Participate in staff meetings, continuing education events, conferences, training workshops, and staff development opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a desire to continually grow in your own faith.
- Must be able to clearly articulate your own spiritual journey and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must fully embrace Wesleyan doctrine and theology.
- Proven track record of building and growing a program.
- Ability to effectively work with youth, families, and volunteers.
- Minimum of 3 years of ministry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in religion, education, or a related field is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite and Mac products.
- Gifted in organization, prioritization of tasks, calendaring and time management
Visit our website at: http://www.gracebhm.org
Check us out on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/gracebhm/about/?ref=page_internal
Please direct questions regarding this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phones calls or drop-ins please.
Northlake Community Church (www.northlakeonline.org) is located in Bellingham, WA in the upper northwest corner of Washington State. Located just over an hour north of the Seattle metro area, Bellingham offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike trails, golf courses, and so much more. Bellingham is home to about 90,000 people which keeps it feeling like a small and big community at the same time. Bellingham residents love the easy access to the outdoors, laid back and easy going community, and close access to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
As a church, Northlake has been around since 1952. What originally started as a women’s bible study quickly grew into a large group of believers who wanted to do life together as a church. Today, Northlake is home to about 425 weekly attenders that make up a multi-generational, non-denominational church. Located just up the street from Squalicum High School, Northlake sits in a friendly neighborhood and is in a prime location to reach the hundreds of families that surround it.
The Student Ministries Position:
The role we’re seeking to hire is a Student Ministries Pastor or Director who would be responsible for the leadership and spiritual development of the middle school and high school students connected with Northlake Community Church. Currently our student ministry serves about 50 students during our Sunday services and 30 throughout the week in small groups. Northlake’s student ministry has an excellent and long standing reputation in the Bellingham community. Our hope is to continue that reputation as we seek to lead the next generation to know Jesus and fully live the life God has for them. Being that our current Student Ministries Pastor will remain at Northlake to transition to an Associate Pastor role, we’re searching for a suitable replacement to continue to help our students and families thrive.
What You’ll Need To Succeed In This Position:
- A passion for following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
- A passion for middle school and high school students.
- A grander vision for how student ministries help build up a church.
- A love for working on a team.
- To be self-motivated, teachable, a great problem solver, and have a positive overall attitude.
- To be real and authentic – not skipping over the tough parts of life but pressing into them.
- A genuine love for spending time with students.
- A heart for the lost (especially within the unchurched setting of the Northwest).
- Experience serving and leading in student ministries.
- The ability to bring God’s word to life in a real and practical way.
This is a full-time exempt position that will require 40+ hours of work a week.
Starting salary range is from $40,000-$55,000 depending on education and experience.
Northlake provides exceptional benefits including:
- Health insurance for your entire family
- Retirement fund employer matching program
- Funds to cover a portion of moving expenses.
See Full Job Posting By Clicking Here
Come join the team leading this dynamic and mission motivated congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC that has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. Advent United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries who is ready to lead a thriving Student Ministry program (200+ students and 60+ adult volunteers) driving the spiritual formation and growth of Advent students (Grades 7th-12th). Advent UMC is the 10th largest UMC congregation in South Carolina with a mission for growth.
Our overall Church mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At Advent we embrace this mission and believe that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. We strongly believe that it is our mission to pour into the lives of our youth and their families, while emboldening and empowering them to be disciples within and outside our church walls.
We seek an inspired, positive and enthusiastic, yet humble leader who can work effectively as a key member of the Advent staff team. This opportunity is perfect for that individual who has demonstrated experience in reaching and inspiring students, ages 12 – 18, and who is ready to take our successful Advent Student Ministry program to the next level. Innovating, planning and leading weekly youth programming and special events for our students, while building relationships with youth within and outside Advent UMC is an integral part of this key role. In addition, the Director will serve as a mentor to our Assistant Director of Student Ministry, and both will be responsible for recruiting and equipping our outstanding team of adult volunteers. The Student Ministry team also includes the Director of Contemporary Music, who oversees, mentors and influences the Cross youth band and Crescendo youth choir.
The Director should have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle inside and outside of church. Key candidate attributes should include a college degree, relevant and measurable ministry experience and a demonstrated passion and love for Student Ministry.
If this opportunity is calling to you, please come check us out at www.advent-umc.org, and see what Advent UMC and Advent Student Ministries is all about!!
This Director position is Full Time, year-round and Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STUDENTMINISTRY@ADVENT-UMC.ORG
Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
Youth Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries
Christ Community Church (Brockport, NY, west of Rochester) is looking to hire a full-time time individual who has a heart for youth. This person will primarily work with our college ministry, B.A.S.I.C. (Brothers and Sisters in Christ), our senior high and junior high youth groups. He or she will work with our current group of volunteers to establish thriving and growing ministries. He or she will organize weekly meetings, prepare various teachings, and strategically build a leadership team. This individual will attend leadership conferences, bring youth to our regional community outreach (Flower City Work Camp), and establish an annual missions trip for our youth.
Christ Community Church is directly across the street from Brockport Central Schools where there are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school of roughly 1300 students; we are looking for someone who can evangelize to this group of youth. We are also a five minute walk to The College at Brockport, where B.A.S.I.C. has been ministering successfully for over 20 years! Our church believes that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today. We believe in speaking in tongues. We believe in prophetic gifts. Our worship is contemporary and lively. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with the Spirit-led foundation of a non-denominational church and has a heart to actively reach the youth in our community for Jesus.
Bible School education and/or experience in leading a youth group ministry is required. Both is ideal.
Email email@example.com, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for a Director of Student Ministries (DSM) to provide vision and leadership who will engage the church’s staff, volunteers, and congregation in its ministry to students in junior high, high school, and college. The DSM will lead students within our church and community at large into a personal relationship with Christ and build strong relationships with one another so that our youth might be beacons of Christ in the world. The DSM will report directly to CPC’s Pastors, Elders, and Church Education Committee. This is a full-time position.
Applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. The DSM may pursue additional academic education concurrent with this ministry.
- Ongoing continuing education opportunities will be required.
- Overseeing, developing, and implementing a comprehensive Student Ministries program for students grades 6 – 12.
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ through instructional and relational ministry at CPC.
- Preparing and nurturing CPC’s youth for challenges they will face in young adulthood while instilling in them a solid foundation of their identity in Christ and developing their unique God-given spiritual gifts and talents.
- Incorporating CPC’s youth into the life, ministry, and service of the church.
- Leading and organizing effective youth programs that consist of worship, Biblical teaching, discipleship, fellowship, and community outreach.
- Identifying, planning, and executing local, regional, and global mission opportunities.
- Providing care and spiritual direction to students, both individually and in groups.
- Recruiting and training volunteers to work with youth in all aspects of CPC’s Student Ministries, ensuring adequate volunteer support and reasonable adult to youth ratios.
- Engaging and equipping parents with relevant information, keeping them informed of ongoing church activities, youth ministry strategies, and future plans in such a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of the CPC Student Ministries’ budget while managing costs for events and trips in a timely, cost effective, and organized manner.
- Staying current with youth ministry practices and trends.
- Teaching, developing, and coordinating youth Sunday School curriculum and recruiting additional teachers as necessary.
- Ensuring that the CPC’s Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings and that all volunteers are vetted according to the policy.
- Supporting CPC’s youth at school and other events outside of the church.
- Candidate must be Reformed and Evangelical possessing a passion for Christ and His Gospel, a love for youth ministry, a humble spirit, and a vibrant prayer and devotional life.
- Candidate must demonstrate a gift for teaching the Bible effectively to youth in both small and large group settings, be capabale of articulating a vision for CPC’s Student Ministries and guiding the spiritual development of our students, lead interns and volunteers spiritually and professionally, exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker, and possess previous experience as a role model, leader, teacher, or mentor of youth in a Christian environment.
- Candidate must be relationship oriented with a high degree of personal integrity, possess strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), demonstrate sound judgement and emotional intelligence, and exhibit personal financial stability.
406 Randolph Ave
Huntsville, AL 35801
For more on Huntsville visit- www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM7VY9-RuQ