Lambertville United Methodist is seeking a part-time Youth Director for Senior High/Junior High students, approximately 10 hours a week. We are in a suburb of Toledo,Ohio but located in Michigan, Bedford School District. We hope to expand our youth program and would love to see an ambitious, hard-working individual who loves Jesus and who communicates well with good volunteer recruiting skills, a heart for reaching the community and strong organizational skills. Starting at about 10 hours a week, we are offering a salary of $150 a week. Please contact Pastor Jim Britt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-282-8081
Community Church at Murphy’s Landing
Job Title: Youth Director
Department: Youth Ministries
The Youth Director should have a clear witness of personal commitment to Jesus Christ, a history of involvement in a local church, and should demonstrate a lifestyle of integrity and Christian character. The Youth Director must agree with and uphold the statement of faith of CCML and commit to become an active member of the church family. The following qualities should be part of his/her life:
• A heart of worship that deeply desires to serve God. Motivation for ministry should spring out of a passion for Christ and a calling to minister to young people.
• Daily discipline of spending time with God in Bible study and prayer.
• Active participation in life of the church – Worship services, Life Groups, classes or Bible studies.
• High personal standards that seek to reflect Christ, honor God and set a good example for the youth to follow.
• Teachable and approachable spirit that listens before speaking.
• Commitment to serve under the authority of the church leadership – Pastor and elders.
Our youth ministry exists to encourage all students, grades 6 – 12, to know and walk with Jesus, to grow in their faith, and to love their world by serving others and sharing Christ’s love.
The Youth Director will be directly accountable to the Pastor, who is accountable to the Board of Elders. He/she will meet regularly with the Pastor and other staff members, and at the Pastor’s or Elders’ request will meet with the board periodically.
- Develop, implement and lead Youth Ministry for Middle School & High School, including: Planning and leading classes and small groups for students that will facilitate life transformation and spiritual growth.
- Work with Christian Education Committee to coordinate curriculum, themes and focus. Provide for teaching of Sunday morning classes and leading Sunday or Wednesday evening youth groups.
- Planning and carrying out youth activities, events, etc. that will provide a venue for kids to invite their friends.
- Building relationships with and mentoring our students, being available to counsel and encourage them, and offering support for their families.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree desired in Youth Ministries, Christian Ministries, or other related field; and/or experience working in youth ministry in a local church or Christian youth organization.
St. Peter’s United Methodist Church of Wellington FL is looking for a youth director for their 6th-12th-grade students. St. Peter’s youth is an active youth program in a family oriented community. St. Peter’s Youth Program offers youth the opportunity to lead in Worship and other areas of the church. Our youth are excited and eager to help on mission trips and complete service projects in the community.
The youth director will be responsible for recruiting volunteers, planning events and programs, coordinating the annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser, planning youth group each Sunday evening, and maintaining relationships with the youth and their families.
The youth director should possess good communication skills, organizational skills, be a team player, be compassionate and loving, love the Lord and youth, and creative.
Student Ministry Associate
First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
First United Methodist Church of Round Rock is looking to add someone awesome to their Student Ministry team that will join us in building impactful relationships with students, raising up leaders, and equipping teenagers for meaningful service in the Kingdom of God. Working with the Director of Student Ministries, teams of volunteers and the staff of FUMC Round Rock, this person will be instrumental in the day to day operations of the Student Ministries Department, as well as setting goals for our Ministry.
About First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
FUMC Round Rock is situated in the heart of Round Rock, Texas- a rapidly expanding community just north of Austin. We are a large congregation (approximately 1100 in worship on Sundays) that is active in engaging our community and visioning for how we can best captivate the community around us in ways that reflect the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Our Student Ministry department is entering into a new season and we are excited for new opportunities to engage students in meaningful and lasting relationships, build up Christ centered leaders, and continue on a strong mission minded tradition within our student ministry.
Salary for this position is expected to be $40,000.
If you have any questions about this job posting please send all inquires to email@example.com. Please send all resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Characteristics of the Student Ministry Associate:
The ideal candidate for this ministry position will be:
– Someone who is chasing after God’s own heart. They will be an active participant in worship and Bible study.
– Passionate in their call to Student Ministry.
– Ability to connect relationally with students and adults
– Detail oriented and capable in the areas of administration, budgets, assigned responsibilities
-Eager to learn, grow, and stretch themselves in order to grow as a disciple and leader
– A team player that takes initiative and is a self- starter in developing and executing programming and events.
– Self motivated, servant leader with a strong work ethic
– Effective communicator of God’s Word.
Qualifications of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
– A bachelor’s degree in a related field is the minimum requirement.
– Strong in administrative skills related to youth ministry including but not limited to processing and compiling student information, managing database entries, composing communication pieces, making reservations, tracking attendance, and gathering resources.
– Must demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
– Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
– Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
-Be of high character and hold themselves to high moral standards
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
-Be active in establishing and building relationships with students and volunteers that are conducive for healthy and effective ministry
-Serve the Student Ministry office as in an administrative presence completing tasks including but not limited to logging information, keeping student records updated, making reservations, and publishing communication material.
– Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, leadership development, mission, and outreach.
– Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
– Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
– Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
-Work in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries to plan and coordinate large ministry events such as DNOW, Mission Trips, Camps, and Retreats.
– Ensure that the Ministry Safe Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
– Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
– Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, coffee times, lunch at school, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
– Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
– Develop, plan and deliver messages for Sunday evening worship in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
Title: Director of Student Ministry
Status: Part-time, 30 hours, 24,000 Annually
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Mission: The mission of SunHills is to lead people in finding joy in Jesus by making and maturing disciples of Jesus!
Job Goal: Working towards the advancement of this mission, our High School Student Ministry Lead is responsible for loving and leading our high school students at SunHills and in our community, into a joy-filled relationship with Jesus.
- Oversight and direction of the Middle School and High School Youth Group experience
- Weekly Sermon development and preaching
- Student Discipleship
- Sunday Morning Discipleship
- Spiritual development and recruitment of youth leaders
- Winter Camp
- Summer Camp
- Outreach opportunities
- Maintain a strong personal relationship with Jesus and a character of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and dependability.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of SunHills Church, participate as a team player, and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Cultivate a spirit of optimism through a positive, helpful, flexible, thankful, and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Manage your time wisely to effectively prioritize ministry service, with or without direction.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to SunHills Church.
- Be in a discipleship relationship
If you have questions or are interested in applying for this position please contact Erich Grunder at Erich@sunhills.org.
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (email@example.com)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Job Title: Director of Student Ministries
Reports To: UCO Wesley Campus Ministry Board of Directors and Associate Minister of FUMC Edmond
FLSA Type: Exempt
Position Description: The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible for overseeing both the middle and senior high youth ministry of Edmond First United Methodist Church and the student ministry of UCO Wesley Campus ministry. The Director of Student Ministries visions, directs, and implements the ministries of both programs. This person will be responsible for various ministerial and programming duties as detailed below.
The Director will be a person who is comfortable and confident in reaching out and ministering to teenage youth as well as college students at UCO, dedicated to cultivating an environment that is welcoming and affirming while also challenging students to dive deeper into their faith through a Wesleyan approach that appreciates the fullness and richness of diverse perspective.
Additionally, the Director will be expected to promote a friendly, caring, and healthy attitude as they will interact daily with people from multiple age groups and cultural backgrounds. A caring patience and attention to detail is essential.
College Student Development:
· Reach and recruit new students to join and invest in their spirituality and growth of program
· Create and maintain student database to more effectively communicate and minister
· Organize and teach weekly Bible study(s)
· Plan and lead a yearly mission trip
· Coordinate weekly lunches with local United Methodist Churches
· Equip and cultivate ministerial skills of student interns
· Facilitate Christian community during the ordinary times of the day, week, semester, and year
· Continue growing relationships with other Wesley Foundations and Centers
· Plan and/or attend a campout or retreat with students once a semester
· Establish connections with incoming freshmen and retain connections over the summer
· Continue New People New Place program of connecting with high school students via local UMC
· Start, teach, and grow the Edmond FUMC college Sunday School class
Youth Student Development:
· Develop a positive relationship with each youth and his/her family
· Plan and implement ministries to develop Christian community and strengthen relationships
· Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers
· Plan and implement age appropriate activities including service projects and quarterly retreats
· Work with Youth Council to work with a budget and plan fundraising
· Attend and emphasize Conference supported summer camp
· Encourage youth to participate in all facets of the local congregation, the district and Conference
· Coordinate youth ministries with other ministries of the congregation
· Work with church policies regarding the use of the bus
· Plan and implement Confirmation in January through May
· Attend weekly staff meetings, Administrative Council meetings, and Youth Council meetings
· Attend and encourage attendance of Worship on Hurd and assist with leadership of service as requested
· Develop and maintain a database of youth and youth families
· Work with other staff and leaders to assimilate “tweens” into the youth ministry
· Assimilate graduating high school seniors into college ministry program
· Work with appropriate staff for communications on Facebook, newsletter, Twitter, and other media
Medical benefits and housing may be provided
Lifespring Community Church
Next Generations Pastor
CHURCH SIZE: 300
LOCATION: Canandaigua, NY (Finger Lakes Area)
SALARY RANGE: Full time position with excellent benefit package, salary dependent on experience (minimum salary $40,000)
We are excited to offer a great opportunity for a Next Generations Pastor at a growing church. This position will provide leadership for all student ministries (6th – 12th grade) and will have the opportunity to develop one’s own personal gifts in ministry. We are looking for a passionate person with fresh ideas and a desire to partner with parents to help create a long-lasting faith for our kids.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator capable of preaching regularly on Sunday mornings and a natural vision caster with a proven track record of developing leaders.
Our church’s mission is to “introduce people to Jesus and to follow Him together”. Our vision is to “help everyone engage in our mission through our outreach strategy and discipleship pathway. Our outreach strategy is pray for others, invest in their lives and invite them to follow Jesus. Our discipleship pathway is Worship – attend a Sunday gathering; Connect – build relationships; Serve – volunteer at Lifespring, Grow – read the Bible and pray; and Share – tell someone about Jesus.
Canandaigua, located in the Finger Lakes region of New York, provides a smaller town environment with Rochester, NY just 30 minutes away with easy access to many outdoor activities, theater, sports and farmer’s markets.
This is a great ministry environment that provides the freedom to develop, expand, and impact many lives. The church is casual, grace-based, practical, and intentional. This position offers a supportive and collaborative team to work with and the chance to work at a church that longs to create an environment that unchurched people want to attend.
• Direct and be responsible for the planning, organizing, promoting, evaluating, and continued growth of a comprehensive student ministry (6th – 12th grade). • Develop a teaching strategy for the year that promotes a clear pathway to spiritual growth and prepares our kids for life. • Live by the philosophy that parental involvement is essential in training students in spiritual maturity.
• Invest in the lives of students and parents in their environments. We want someone who desires to build influential relationships with the local schools in order to build a bridge from student’s everyday culture to the gospel. • Develop, mentor and shepherd adult and youth leadership teams to lead small groups in our student ministry context. • Oversee and administer the youth ministry budget. • Preach regularly on Sunday morning and work alongside the Lead Pastor in setting an annual preaching calendar. • Attend and participate in weekly Staff meetings. • Attend and participate in a small group. • Assist in Pastoral Duties such as visitation, personal/family counseling, weddings, funeral, etc. as needed.
• Four year Bible Degree from an accredited University or College • Experience in a growing youth ministry in which the candidate has worked in both small and large group situations • Will be a candidate who fulfills the exemplary moral character and ministry expectations of servant-leaders as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 • Mature, humble, growing believer, with a clear understanding of the Gospel • Strong leadership and organizational abilities; a self-starter who is always well prepared • Ability to recognize, recruit, and develop talented people • Excellent communication skills in preaching with an ability to clearly communicate the gospel to both a churched and unchurched audience • High energy, engaging, and relational leader who is humble and leads by serving • Dedicated team player who is committed to the success of the church’s mission
Lifespring is a growing church, in the past 3 years we have grown from 240 to 330. We are looking for a energetic and passionate person with fresh ideas to join a collaborative team that is willing to invest in and help him succeed and develop in ministry. To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at C3, we are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title. We strive to pursue growth, lead change and engage quality. We laugh hard and honor God with integrity.
We are a large, growing nondenominational church in the ‘Tri-Cities’ in eastern Washington State, where fun in the sun is a way of life. Our area’s inviting waterways beckon water lovers from all over the region to enjoy power and pleasure boating, waterskiing, swimming, fishing, windsurfing, and much more. From bicycling to golf, hunting to fishing, soccer to snow-skiing (it’s just a short 2-hour drive to the mountains), recreational opportunities are endless. U.S. News & World Report is on to us….they recently ranked Washington as the Best State Overall in the country!
C3’s Student Ministry leads students in 5th-12th grade to become fully devoted followers of Christ. By teaching truth through God’s Word and being culturally relevant, staff and volunteer leaders develop relationships with students during weekly experiences, small groups, and serving together.
- Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least 2 years of experience in large, growing youth program
- Willingness to model Biblical priorities and core values of C3 (click here for details)
- Skilled to communicate in dynamic ways that point students towards Christ and motivate them to have a deeper walk with the Lord
- Passion to develop and motivate adults and students to become leaders
You’ll be happy if you enjoy:
- Speaking and leading from the front and seeing lives changed
- Hanging out at coffee shops and meeting new people
- Recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers and student leaders
- Building a relational youth ministry team
- Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during weekend experiences
We’ll high-five if:
- You find yourself hanging out at high schools and middle schools during lunch
- You are highly competitive (and good at 9 Square)
- A student’s success through Christ is the highlight of your day
- You get energy from excelling in a centrally driven growing church with multiple venues
Role: Student Ministries Director
Church Average Attendance: 2,500
Required Hours: 40hrs/wk (inc. Sundays and Wednesday nights)
Compensation: Salaried with full benefits including health, dental, vision and identity theft insurance and access to a 403(b) retirement plan.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy individual excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a contagious, transforming faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and have the courage and creativity to devise effective new ways to reach broken students and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with Student Ministry in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that attract others, foster community and lead students to Christ.
· Assist in the leadership of Sunday morning (8:30 am – 12:30 pm) and Wednesday night (5:00pm-9: 30 pm) Student Ministry programs.
· Assist in the development of a strong Student Ministry volunteer team.
· Monthly teaching responsibilities in Sunday morning program.
· Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take the next steps in their relationship with Jesus, whatever their starting point is.
· Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.)
· Based on gifting and fitness there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend services and connections ministry.
· 15-20 hours per week.
· A committed follower of Jesus with a demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
· A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
· Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
· A goal oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
· At least three years of experience working with students.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
· Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
· Preference will also be given to the candidate with experience leading worship.