Crossroads Church Austin is looking for a full-time student pastor with strong character, excellent relational skills, a clear, specific calling to ministry, and a clear vision for how Crossroads Student Minsitry can reach, disciple, and multiply leaders that fall more in love with Jesus.
The ideal candidate would be a team player who is relationally mature and has experience leading others.
We are looking for someone with:
* Strong biblical and theological acumen
* Experience leading students in the local church
* A proven track record of building volunteer teams
The position is a full-time pastoral staff position with a compensation package commensurate with experience, and will report directly to the Operations Director.
The role of the Student Pastor is to serve in overseeing and coordinating the student ministry (6th-12th grades) at Crossroads. The Student Pastor takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture and character of the student ministry and its volunteers/staff, Crossroads Service Teams, and other people or groups as assigned.
Responsible To: Operations Director
To develop and oversee the student ministry, including:
- Development of mission, vision and core values
- Strategic planning
To partner with parents/guardians of students within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, and assisting them in their influence of students
- Communication of opportunities and needs for engagement
To oversee the student ministry volunteers within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, training and assisting them in their ministries
- Goal setting and evaluation
To oversee the student ministry student leaders within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, training and assisting them in living on mission
- Goal setting and evaluation
To oversee the Small Group ministry within Crossroads Student Ministries, including:
- Leadership training
- Leadership recruiting
- Developing new groups
- Over seeing the “On-Deck” circle
To lead and shape the discipleship of the students at Crossroads in our 4 C’s as they make much of Jesus.
- Scope & Sequence of content
- Program a rhythm of ministry that facilitates discipleship
- Program and lead different environments
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Share the vision of Crossroads to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- High capacity multi-tasking individual, comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. (Takes initiative!)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work through conflict biblically.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by someone assigned to this position or classification. This is not to be considered as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel fulfilling this position. All personnel may be required to fulfill responsibilities outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, and as needed.
**Please include results from these three personality tests: 5voices.com, 16 personalities.com, & the Enneagram Test Results from Truity.com and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Title: Associate Pastor for Students
Hours: 40-50 hours per week (variable) Salaried with benefits- Considerable flexibility is given to the person in this position to accomplish the required tasks without an established hourly schedule. Compensatory Time is not available.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Bluffton, SC is a growing town with a rich history nestled between Interstate 95 and Hilton Head Island, SC. Over the last 5 years, Bluffton has become one of the fastest-growing areas in the United States, both economically and in population. A popular vacation destination, Hilton Head Island sees approximately 2.5 million visitors every year. Bluffton has benefited from this and is now home to a growing suburban community comprised of young families, blue-collar workers, and a sizable population of retirees. Due to the pace of development in Bluffton, Cornerstone Church is positioned to capitalize on this growth with the potential for tremendous impact for Christ’s Kingdom. Cornerstone has doubled in size over the last 3 years and we believe the best for our church is yet to come!
The person in this position must know beyond doubt that they are called by God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to Christian Ministry and must view this position as a high calling from God. They must be a Christ-follower as evidenced by their life; their words and their deeds. The power of their work will come from dependence upon the Holy Spirit, by which they will contribute to the unity of Cornerstone Church, and work as a support of the ministry and teams thereof. This person is expected to give (time, talent and treasure) in both a systematic and sacrificial manner to support the Mission and Vision of the Church. They must agree with and fully support the Church doctrine and must agree with the Church’s core values, mission, vision, and strategy.
As the chief pastoral presence in the lives of the youth and their leaders, this person must be of high character, driven by love for God and people.
Charged with the care of our Middle and High School Students, the following Ideal Qualities are of high importance:
A demonstrable enthusiasm for youth ministry
A degree in theology, Christian education, or youth ministry, or equivalent ministry experience
The ability to promote and raise funds for events such as Missions Trips and Camps
A capacity to communicate clearly to children and adults through a variety of platforms
Vision casting and leadership ability
The ability to create a rapport with the administrative and pastoral staff, volunteers, and teens
Strong organizational skills and follow-through
The ability to work unsupervised, and willingness to work within the greater ministry team leadership
An understanding of how to use digital technology to engage youth
A strong vision for a growing, spiritually vibrant youth ministry
Exceptional communication skills
Work with the Senior Pastor and Staff to ensure student ministry becomes an effective and inclusive ministry in the church and not a ministry silo.
Work closely with Senior Pastor to set goals for specific and targeted congregational growth
Work with key Church leaders to enlist volunteers into your areas/programs of responsibility.
Coordinate the Church’s Student Ministry program to ensure successful achievement of goals.
Coordinate Sunday morning activities relating to students
Be a guide, facilitator, spiritual counselor, and example to the students and volunteers in the Student Ministry Programs of the Church.
Ensure frequent and effective communication with parents regarding student ministry programs, events, and expectations.
Ensure that a database of all Student Ministry volunteers and current assignments is maintained.
Conduct periodic training for volunteer workers and leaders in proper relationships with Church programs.
Coordinate the work of all student ministry groups and activities ensuring the mission and vision of the Church is maintained
Equip and mobilize volunteer leaders to achieve Church goals, stated objectives, and vision.
Meet frequently with volunteer leaders to fellowship with and disciple them, while encouraging them to do the same with their subordinate volunteers.
Take part in choosing and securing the most suitable educational and curriculum materials available for students.
Periodically review Church policies and programs relating to student’s issues with your leaders and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the Senior Pastor.
Work with Connections Pastor to develop and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
Work with appropriate Ministry Staff to coordinate the production of regular church publications.
Actively disciple individuals to help bring them to repentance and faith in Christ.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Madison United Methodist Church
Director of Family and Youth Ministries
The Director of Family and Youth Ministries helps youth, young adults, and families accomplish the mission of the church through community outreach, education, worship, discipleship, and mission activities. He/she also works with the vision of the church to develop and grow the contemporary worship service.
Description and Responsibilities
Youth, Young Adult, Family – 50%
Lead and develop the youth program with the help of servant leaders on the youth team. This program will encompass a broad range of experience and education to enable disciples of Christ, and to develop spiritual foundation in the lives of our youth.
Educational curriculum should reflect the biblical and theological integrity of the denomination, and be relevant in the lives of our youth.
Youth fellowship activities should be structured to bring Christian faith into their daily lives, be a safe and supportive environment, creating a place where questions of faith and identity can be explored.
Regular service and worship activities should be incorporated into the program to reinforce the importance of these elements in our witness.
Participate in leading the confirmation program with the Lead Pastor. Teaching, communicating with youth and parents, and guiding the program for Madison UMC.
Develop and lead and appropriate number of student and family ministry and outreach programs
Plan travel for the youth, adult, and family ministries. This includes mission trips, trips to the Dakotas Conference Youth events, and other activities.
Develop personal relationships with Madison community, the Madison UMC and members of the faith community, and their families.
Mentor students and youth within the program to be participants in the life of the Madison UMC and the greater community.
Recruit, develop, and train servant leaders.
Develop and complete regular newsletter and other social media, website, and written communication for students, young adults, and families.
Contemporary Worship Service – 50%
Assist the Lead Pastor in development of this service and other areas as needed.
Work with outreach to encourage visitors and engage new people within the life of the church.
Work with a team of church leaders to coordinate and implement the development of the contemporary service.
Utilize the tools and techniques of church growth, focusing primarily on the Madison community, the unchurched, and those who may no longer attend.
Responsible for management of church social media, and coordination and monitoring of those posting, the platforms utilized and pages the church establishes and uses for official communication
Other duties as assigned
Gifts and Talents preferred: Self-starting, Energetic Leader, Collegial Team Player, Passion about ministry (especially youth and family), Organizational and Process Management, Teaching, Hospitality, Creativity, Communication Skills, Listening Skills, willingness to learn.
Resources and Training provided: Ongoing continuing education and annual safe sanctuaries training.
To apply and for information:
Send letter and resume to: email@example.com
Madison United Methodist Church
304 North Egan
Madison, SD 57042
To plan, develop, and implement programs for all Children and Youth (Birth -12 grade) at Gladeville UMC, and the surrounding community, that encourages them to become disciples of Jesus Christ. It is our goal that each youth and child experiences the love and grace of God, that encourages growth in the practice of faith and understanding of scripture so that they are equipped to be faithful disciples while in school and beyond.
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Must be able to work as a team member with other Gladeville UMC staff.
- Be able to develop teams of congregation members to further Children and Youth Ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Be a person of good integrity.
- Have a good understanding of, and be able to articulate, the teachings of Scripture and Wesleyan tradition.
- A love for serving children and youth and helping them develop their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Have a college degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in youth ministry in a local church, and a good knowledge of youth development.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills as well as organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be at least 23 years of age to comply with our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and Procedures. The person selected must complete Safe Sanctuary Training and Boundaries and Sexual Ethics Training provided by the TN Annual Conference within the first month (courses are available online).
- Pray for the youth of Gladeville UMC, and their families.
- Teach and lead students in Christ-centered spiritual formation and help students to practice Christianity on a daily basis. The Director of Student Ministries will lead a Youth class during our Wednesday night FUEL program, and a Youth program on Sunday evenings.
- Build relationships with the students and their families to understand the individual and collective needs of the children and youth at Gladeville UMC and in the Gladeville community.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of Sunday School teachers for children, youth, and college age (when needed) classes.
- Plan curriculum for bible studies, small groups, and mission projects.
- Work with the Pastor as needed regarding Confirmation.
- Communicate regularly with parents and youth about children/youth ministries at Gladeville UMC through (but not limited to) social media, newsletter, bulletins, calendars, and other appropriate means.
- Ensure that all children and youth programs of Gladeville UMC are conducted in an environment fully compliant with Gladeville UMC Safe Sanctuary Policy & Procedures.
- Lead the Children/Youth MinistryTeams. These teams support the Director of Student Ministries in developing, planning, and implementing children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC.
- Prepare annual budgets for children and youth ministries at Gladeville UMC for submission to the Finance Committee during the annual budgeting process.
- Secure approval of the Pastor, finance chair and administrative council for any un-budgeted expenditures prior to committing to the purchase.
- Communicate all issues and concerns to the pastor in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or SPRC.
- Attend all Worship Services at Gladeville UMC in which a majority of our children and youth attend.
- Attend all staff-meetings.
- Oversee all children and youth functions/events at Gladeville UMC.
- Meet with the Pastor as requested.
- Be available to parents and youth.
- Drug test and background check are required prior to employment.
HOW THIS POSITION IS EVALUATED:
- This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Senior Pastor, and the SPRC.
- The Director of Student Ministries will receive an semi-annual evaluation from the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- The Pastor may also give feedback as deemed necessary.
- The first year on staff will be a probationary period. The candidate will be provided quarterly reviews during this time, with semi-annual reviews thereafter.
- Salary is $38k – $42k per year
- Vacation Time two weeks during the first year; and three weeks thereafter.
CBC – Country Bible Church
Blair, Nebraska, United States
Categories: Youth Pastor | Student Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
This is an exciting role and exceptional opportunity for someone desiring to come in to a new context where faith is alive! We’re looking for vibrant and compelling youth leadership to give vision and oversight to students and staff, grades 6 – 12.
CBC-Country Bible Church is an independent, evangelical church in a community just outside of Omaha, Nebraska.
A church with a strong 47-year history, God is in the middle of leading our church through profound revitalization! We have witnessed more than 300 salvations in just three years. The church has grown from 300 to reaching over 1,300 lives each week by the grace of God and through a strong team and intentional approach to life and ministry. This means that people far from Jesus are not only coming to knowledge of Christ for the first time, but Christians are coming alive!
Leadership: Our Youth Pastor is excited about and responsible for providing overall leadership of students (6th – 12th grade) and staff (paid & volunteer). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that the existence and values of CBC are realized throughout our youth ministry in a way that speaks the cultural language of our students.
Communicator: Our Youth Pastor can preach with accuracy and authenticity, in ways that matter and make sense!
Ideator: Our Youth Pastor is the CIO (Chief Idea Officer). We place high value on innovation and expect that our YP will carry the same excitement for engaging relevant ministry.
Administrator: Our Youth Pastor is adept at administration. They know how to build a plan with specifics, details, and deadlines. They are phenomenal at follow through and don’t require someone to micromanage them at all.
Developer: Our Youth Pastor is the chief developer of people, processes, and programs within our youth ministry.
Connector: Our Youth Pastor is connected throughout our community and is collaborating with school personnel and local community organizations in effectively creating connection points for CBC to engage others well.
Character: Possess clear integrity, character, and the qualities of an Elder. You are a person that does what you say you’re going to do, and you seek to do all things with integrity, excellence, and intentionality!
Is a 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9 leader:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and his Kingdom
- Model a heart committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus and his love with a lost world in making disciples
- Model a life of personal reliance upon God
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse (if married) second, your family third, and the ministry fourth
- Demonstrate a deep love for people and model discipleship by teaching and leading in the context of God-honoring relationships
- Honor the tithe by giving of your income to the ministry of Country Bible Church
- Be loyal to the existence, values, and staff of CBC and always seek to protect the unity of the church
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Country Bible Church
- Solid prayer life
- Legit devotional process designed to grow in God
Education: Relevant, successful ministry experience with a coachable spirit and consummate desire to learn and lead is essential. A Bachelor’s degree would be great; equivalent experience will be considered.
Experience: A minimum of three years working in a successful, growing student ministry as the primary Youth Pastor or as part of a youth ministry staff with substantial leadership responsibilities, which includes frequent preaching and teaching.
Staffing: Quality experience identifying, recruiting, training, and empowering quality, consistent, high-capacity leaders to serve alongside you.
Success: A clear record of growing a youth ministry in spirit and breadth including metrics as well as testimonies of life transformation and spiritual development in both students and leaders.
- Preference will be given to leaders that have led a student ministry of 100 or more students.
- Paid staff leadership and successful management will go a long way, but a clear record of developing volunteers will be strongly considered; Experience in leading more than 15 ministry staff and key volunteers will be a BIG plus!
- Someone that is naturally extroverted.
- Quality experience leading or serving on a youth staff at a church of 1,000+ would help you a lot!
This is a full-time position!
Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits include: salary, housing, retirement acct, paid-time-off, health insurance
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
(1) Please visit https://countrybible.org/employment. Be sure to read our Youth Pastor Prospectus, which will give you all relevant and important information about the position.
(2) Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org AFTER you have reviewed the Youth Pastor Prospectus.
(3) Do not call the office at this time. Applicants who READ the Youth Pastor Prospectus are encouraged submit a resume, cover letter, and links to any relevant videos to be considered.
Youth Pastor Wanted
Church Size: 500-700 average attendance
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Brookside Church is currently seeking a full time Pastor to oversee the youth ministry, as well as assisting with other ministries as directed by the Lead Pastor. Brookside is a part of the CCCU denomination (of the Wesleyan Holiness tradition) and is located just west of Chillicothe, OH. The mission of Brookside Church is to make disciples who make disciples. We are committed to a strategy (across all of our ministries) of Awaken. Commit. Transform. Share. (A.C.T.S.) Awaken to God’s love, to the depth of our own sin, and to the cost of discipleship. Commit to Christian community, growth and obedience. Transform as a result of the Holy Spirit giving us a change of heart, mind and will. Share the Good News, and what God has done in our lives, that others might come to an awakening of their own. The ministry campus currently consists of a Main Sanctuary and Administration building, a Children’s ministry building, a Senior Adult ministry center, and a Youth Center and Gymnasium. Brookside is also the host church for the preschool and elementary grades of Ross County Christian Academy, and is adjacent to Brookside Center – Retirement Community Properties.
Chillicothe, OH is located in south central Ohio and has a population of approximately 22,000. As the first and third capital of Ohio, Chillicothe has a rich historical district and is home to many parks and educational opportunities. The local economy is supported by several industries (Pixelle, Kenworth, Adena, etc.) and many government facilities (VA Hospital, Ross Correctional Institution, Chillicothe Correctional Institution). There are approximately ten different school districts from the area that are represented in the makeup of Brookside’s current youth ministry.
We are looking for someone to provide a dynamic, applicable, and Christ-centered environment that equips and enables students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who continue to make disciples. The preferred candidate would have a passion for teens and an understanding of their spiritual needs at this time of their life. Minimum of two years of experience and applicable degree are preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Plan and develop programs for youth ministry and evaluate their effectiveness.
· Meet regularly with church staff and youth ministry team to create and implement effective ministry plans and events.
· Provide spiritual direction to teens on an individual or family basis.
· Oversee budget and expenditures for the youth ministry
· Work with the governing board, church staff and volunteer leaders to achieve the goals and mission of the church.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
PURPOSE/MISSION OF THE POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
To cultivate a community that helps every youth to respond to God’s call:
● By having a relationship with Christ through faith.
● By growing together in a compassionate and supportive community.
● By sharing God’s love with others.
Specifics of the Role:
● Oversee the student ministry focusing on 6t h-12t h grade students.
● Work with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to build out the vision for MVPCs student ministry.
● Recruit, equip, and encourage adult leaders to carry out the vision. Equip volunteers to be in relational ministry to students.
Lead and collaborate in partnership with volunteers, adult leaders, and student leaders, for all ministries.
● Engage students where they’re at both physically (i.e. their sporting events and plays) and spiritually (provide safe places to grow and mature their faith in Jesus Christ).
● Communicate effectively with parents and students through multiple means.
● Oversee the organization of retreats, special events, and mission trips.
● Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to create ministries to and for parents.
The Director of Student Ministry needs to be someone with a deep and growing faith in Jesus Christ, someone committed to partnering in nurturing youth, and who is intentional with personal prayer and Bible study. Gifted at relational ministry, the Director of Student Ministry is emotionally mature and has healthy boundaries with the students to whom she/he ministers. This director understands relational ministry and easily connects with youth and has an understanding of current youth culture. He or she is a builder and equipper of others, handing off ministry responsibilities, as volunteer leadership is equipped. He or she knows and humbly accepts his/her “growing edges.” The Director of Student Ministry attends worship and is periodically involved in worship leadership at MVPC.
The Director will work in partnership with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry, along with the Dir of CM, and the Dir of Special Needs. They will be a part of a larger program staff of the church made up of 13 members.
Resumes and Cover letters can be emailed to Drewh@mtviewpres.org or mailed to
Drew Hulse, Mountain View Presbyterian Church, 8050 E, Mountain View Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
NextGen Pastor Job Description for First Baptist Plano
Qualifications: At least a Bachelor’s Degree
3 – 5 years’ experience working with students in some capacity
Primary Function: Develop a vibrant and welcoming student ministry by giving excellent vision and leadership to FBP’s Middle School, High School, and College students, laying the foundation for a lifetime of following Jesus. Report to the Executive Pastor.
Expectations for both Middle School/High School and College Ministries
• Live an exemplary and authentic life as a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to make disciples.
• Recruit, train, lead, and inspire volunteer student ministry workers.
• Work closely with church staﬀ to involve students in the overall ministry of FBP and to coordinate student ministry with the vision and values of FBP.
• Develop and pursue goals, objectives, and strategies for comprehensive student ministry, including new Christian training, discipleship, small groups, and outreach.
• Model and emphasize worship and worship service attendance as a vital part of the student ministry.
• Lead in budget planning, development, management, and stewardship for the student ministry. Administer the student ministry budget with diligence and integrity.
• Continue to grow professionally by proactively keeping up with and incorporating best practices—eﬀective and wise methods, resources, and communication of student ministry—through continuing education and conference and training event participation.
Specific Middle School and High School Ministry Expectations Build Relationships by:
• Working closely with students, volunteers, and parents.
• Developing, coordinating, and emphasizing Sunday morning Bible study as the foundation of the student ministry. Leading in its outreach, ministry, teaching, training, and enlistment areas.
• Coordinating (with input and ownership from students, parents, and volunteers) student ministry special events such as camps, mission projects/trips, Disciple Now, senior recognition days, conferences, recreation, fellowships, and luncheons.
• Supporting students outside of church activities, arranging meetings for lunch, and attending games and events at their schools or other venues.
• Communicating with parents of students to give information of programs and training, to build trust, and to give support.
Specific College and University Ministry Expectations
• Lead and coordinate ministries to reach out to students on area campuses.
• Build relationships and work closely with university students and volunteers. Include meaningful connection and communication with FBP students in school away from Plano.
• Work in partnership with BSM to:
– Coordinate and oversee ongoing outreach to international students.
– Be the FBP ambassador and liaison to the BSM and other campus ministries at UTD (University of Texas Dallas) and other local college campuses.
– Coordinate fellowships, mission/ministry projects, and other events.
• Develop, coordinate, and emphasize Sunday morning Bible study as an integral part of the university ministry. Lead in its outreach, ministry, and enlistment areas.
• Develop, coordinate, and promote oﬀ and on-campus Bible studies/small groups.
• Pursue and promote conferences and events to enhance students’ spiritual growth.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
• Collaborate with staﬀ to support “The Gathering” service by coordinating the front-of-house teams in “The Gathering,” including but not limited to: set up, hospitality, greeting, and community building.
• Model the role of networking and relationship-building with guests in “The Gathering.”
• Participate in staﬀ meetings, hospital visitation, and outreach assignments.
• Serve as staﬀ liaison and give leadership and encouragement to assigned committees and/or ministry teams.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
Brookville Road Community Church’s mission is to inspire people to become wholehearted followers of Jesus as we Love God, Love the Church and Love the World. The Junior High and Intermediate School ministry is part of a holistic youth ministry program and is focused on 5th – 8th grade students. Ministry is accomplished primarily through building transformative relationships with students, parents and volunteers in community. This position will work in close collaboration with the High School Ministry Pastor as an active member of the Youth Ministry leadership team.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
Relational: We are in the people business. As an expression of loving God and loving others, the leader will exhibit a heart for people by connecting with students, volunteer staff and parents in a way that creates an environment that inspires students to become wholehearted followers of Jesus. This role requires the ability to work with various personality types and function as a member of Youth Ministry leadership team.
Organizational/Planning: Establish clear lines of communication with students, parents and volunteers. Exhibit a capacity to balance multiple activities with grace. This position also requires a capacity to learn and effectively use cloud-based productivity tools and document systems.
Self-Motivator: Many of the tasks of the leader require an individual to manage their time effectively and efficiently. This person will possess a strong work ethic and maintain a positive and proactive ministry environment anticipating needs before they arise.
Volunteer Recruiter: As a church, we are charged to, “equip the saints for works of service” (Ephesians 4). This position requires the ability to develop familiarity with our current attenders and the ability to draw on those networks to recruit volunteers.
Confidentiality: In the life of a church, confidentiality sustains a culture of trust and promotes confidence in those we serve. It is non-negotiable.
Junior High Ministry (50%)
- Main speaker for Sunday evening youth meetings and talks.
- Organize and implement Wednesday small groups including teaching and recruiting/coaching teachers.
- One-on-one time with students for the purpose of shepherding including attending community extra curricular events.
- Strategic planning meeting with the High School Pastor as part of the youth leadership team.
- Recruit, develop and retain volunteer leaders.
- Provide accurate communications to students and parents through Email, GroupMe, Breeze, Social Media posts.
- Youth Ministry Retreats and events.
Intermediate School Ministry (20%)
- Main speaker/leader for Sunday Morning youth meetings
- Strategic planning meeting with the High School Pastor and the Elementary Director.
- Recruit, develop and retain volunteer leaders.
- Provide accurate communications to students and parents through Email, GroupMe, Breeze, Social Media posts.
Social Media (10%)
- Youth Social Media Team in collaboration with the Communications Director.
- Office Admin/Staff Meetings and Prayer, Long-Term Planning, Cross-team Activities, Professional Development, Special Events, etc.
Experience and Background: A Bachelors degree in youth ministry or similar degree preferred and/or 3 years youth ministry experience. Must possess a vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a link to a teaching example (preferably to youth) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Student Ministries
Reports to: High School Lead Associate
Objective: The High School Ministry Female Associate assists the High School Ministry Lead Associate in directing the spiritual formation process of the High School Ministry (9th-12th grade).
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an ongoing, vibrant walk with Him
- A wholehearted commitment to Valley Church
- In agreement with and enthusiasm toward our vision and core values
- In agreement with traditional and long-held Valley Church views on theological issues (see attachment 1 at the end of this posting)
- Willingness to be on-stage in front of a large group on a weekly basis; strong on-stage communication abilities not required
- Commitment to building a meaningful relationship with at least one non-believer in your personal life
- A commitment to honor, respect, and value all staff members and our ministry with a strong spirit of teamwork
- A positive influence in the church and community
- Good conflict resolution skills in combination with a spirit on unity
- Healthy relationships with leadership staff and volunteers at your current church
- A track record of active ministry involvement
- A track record of leading others in a positive way
- Supporting the church financially at a respectable level
- An awareness of his/her own personality (strengths and weaknesses)
- Humility, teachability, loyalty and personal holiness are of utmost importance
- Experience in Photoshop and iMovie is preferred but not required
- Desire to develop personal relationships with other members of Student Ministries paid staff
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leadership: Provide administrative and spiritual leadership in various areas of High School Ministry as needed.
- Ministry Expansion: Identify, recruit, disciple, train, and equip future leaders in order to fulfill the broad scope of current and future student Ministry.
- Connection: Consistently spend time with students and volunteers at church and beyond the church walls.
- Teamwork: Promote a spirit of harmony and good will toward other leadership, staff and volunteers.
- Digital: Plan and execute a social media plan for HSM’s accounts—mainly Instragram
- Organization: Be the point person on details of trips and retreats (contacting bus companies, camps, etc.)
- Schedule: Plan and schedule curriculum for Sunday morning program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministries
Compensation: Full-time, 45-50 hours per week, annual salary (based upon experience, credentials, etc.). Benefits include group health insurance, paid vacations, etc.
Work Schedule: This job has irregular hours but also allows flexibility.
- You must work a minimum of 45 hours per week. Working more than 50 hours will happen from time to time but should be an exception.
- On average, you can expect to be out doing ministry activities two nights per week.
- To protect you for long-term effectiveness you will be expected to take at least one full day (a full 24-hour period) off of work each week for rest and recovery.
- HSM meets on Sunday nights from 6:00-8:00pm during the school year and from 9:30-10:45am all year, in addition to special events and retreats.
- Valley Church has weekend four weekend service times at 5:30pm on Saturday and 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00am on Sunday.
- You are expected to be present for three of the four service times, which includes 9:30 for high school program and another service at which you participate in worship.
Attachment 1: Further definition of the “traditional Valley Church views on theological issues.”
- We believe in the full divine inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible
- We believe in one God eternally existing as the Trinity
- We believe in the deity of Christ, the substitutionary atonement of Christ, his bodily resurrection, and his physical return in glory
- We believe in salvation only repentance and faith in Christ
- We believe in the necessity of a spiritual rebirth to experience eternal life
- We believe every person is created in the image of God, and that because of sin, stands in need of the forgiveness and redemption freely offered in the gospel of Christ
- We believe that the only sexual relationship affirmed by the Bible is between one man and one woman in a loving marriage
- We believe all believers in Christ are indwelt and empowered by the Holy Spirit for godly living
- We believe the two greatest commands are to love God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves
- We believe every believer is called to obedience in Christ’s commission, and we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed
Email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com