Orange Park United Methodist Church is located in Orange Park, FL. It has wonderful resources for youth including classrooms, a youth worship center, youth office, gymnasium and two playing fields.
The church has a strong ministry team which values a cooperative and supportive environment in ministry. It also has an incredible level of laity actively engaged in ministry to children and youth.
The youth program runs an average attendance of 30 in the Fall and upwards to 60 in the Spring. The youth are involved in small group studies, Sunday school and local missions. Annually, the youth plan and carry out an international summer mission trip, winter ski trip and fall retreat.
The individual selected to oversee this Director of Youth Ministry position should possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a passion for youth and a willingness to serve. The annual compensation package for the position of Director of Youth Ministries is $55,000 to $60,000 based on experience plus benefits.
If you know of someone whom you believe would be interested in this position, please forward this email to them.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calls should be directed to Robyn Voigt at 904-264-2241, ext. 273.
STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR – IMMEDIATE OPENING!
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Student Ministries Pastor (Youth Pastor) for our ministry “LP Students” at LifePointe. This includes Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age. The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is a contributing member of our leadership team, having input on church decisions. We are looking for someone to build upon a solid foundation within the Student Ministry and take it to the next level.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS:
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for:
- Teaching, leading, developing and overseeing the Student Ministries at LifePointe: Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age.
- Making disciples: Growing our Student Ministries numerically and spiritually by meeting agreed upon measurable goals, expectations and objectives
- Working in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission
- Growing a dynamic student ministry by:
- Attracting, connecting and building relationships with students
- Recruiting, developing and building relationships with adult leaders
- Engaging parents
- Inspiring life change through outstanding teaching
- Creating a culture of community and service amongst students
- Regularly be on school campus’ for student games, activities, etc., and build a culture where your leaders do the same
- Entertain students and leaders in your home regularly
- Provide consistent and regular outreach activities/events throughout the year (Increased activity/events schedule in the summer)
The Student Ministries Pastor should demonstrate their ability to:
- Possess a strong commitment to the dynamic of a team environment, with the ability to follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Take initiative; contribute expertise immediately
- Demonstrate multi-faceted leadership in pastoral, administrative and organizational roles.
- Be a gifted communicator: you will also have the opportunity to teach at our main weekend worship services.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND CONTEXT ON LIFEPOINTE CHRISTIAN CHURCH:
Located in Elk Grove – a suburb of Sacramento, California – LifePointe is a non-denominational Christian Church planted 16 years ago by the Senior Pastor, Chris Delfs, through STADIA: New Church Strategies (www.stadia.cc). Visit our website at: lifepointe.org
We RELENTLESSLY pursue pointing people to the abundant, joy-filled life Jesus came to give us. Through a relational context, we pursue this abundant life by building GENUINE relationships with others – and developing a DEEPLY DEVOTED relationship with Jesus. We preach the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
Our dream for LifePointe is grand and the opportunities to grow and develop as a leader are enormous. We have a great team of staff, elders and church members who are looking for just the right person who has a servant’s heart and who wants to help LifePointe accomplish God’s vision for this church. Do you feel like you might be that individual?
- Salary Negotiable
- Full medical and dental provided
- Retirement plan provided
HOW TO APPLY:
View the full description of the Student Ministries Pastor, including how to apply on our website at: https://lifepointe.org/jobs/
Please read details about the position on our website (https://lifepointe.org/jobs/) BEFORE you submit an email and resume! DO NOT APPLY directly through youthspecialties!!!!!
Holy Apostles Episcopal Church is currently looking to fill a Children’s Ministry Director Role. The role is to envision, implement, and run a vibrant children’s ministry at Holy Apostles. The Children’s Minister will plan, coordinate and direct all ministry from kindergarten through sixth grade and to recruit and train the necessary volunteers for the vision of the ministry.
First Christian Church of Nacogdoches is a non-denominational, evangelical church located in Nacogdoches, TX (the oldest town in Texas). Nacogdoches is home to Stephen F. Austin University and is located two and a half hours northeast of Houston, TX and roughly three hours east of Dallas, TX.
FCCnac is a 104 year old church with roughly 400 active church members. There are two worship services on Sunday, a traditional service at 9:00 a.m. and a contemporary service at 11:00 a.m.
Our youth group has about forty students and a dozen adult leaders. The youth group is poised for growth. Our facilities offer a “youth house” with its own gathering area, game area, kitchen and worship center. Additionally, the church has a gymnasium available to the youth as well. FCCnac is committed reaching lost teens for Christ and building up teenage body of Christ who are currently attending our church.
We are prayerfully seeking a seasoned youth pastor to lead and guide our middle school and high school youth groups. The candidate must demonstrate a heart for the gospel and soul winning as well as discipling students. We are looking for someone who also has a proven track record of using social media to communicate with students and parents. The youth pastor is to teach gospel-centered messages rooted in Scripture at the youth’s midweek service on Wednesday evening and to the youth on Sunday mornings. The previous youth pastor who served for more than three years and a half years got married and moved to another state in June 2019.
The church’s Facebook page is:
The Youth Group’s page is:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Charlie@FCCnac.org
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
The Director of Student Ministries is to develop, implement, direct and monitor quality programs of Christian Education for 6th grade through 18 years of age utilizing administrative and spiritual gifts. This position embodies that of a teacher, encourager, enabler, trainer, and counselor.
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Love and genuine concern for age appropriate youth
Prior experience working with and planning activities for youth and their families and/or enjoy being with them
High integrity and moral character
Good organizational skills
Communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Ability to play and/or teach worship music that youth enjoy, preferred
Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Christian Education, preferred
Valid driver’s license and good driving record
WORK HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
This is a full-time position requiring at least 40 hours per week. Regular office hours should be kept, but some flexibility is allowed, due to the nature of the position.
The salary of the Director of Student Ministries shall be recommended by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and approved by the Charge Conference of the local church.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Give oversight and direction to all areas of student ministry for youth in 6th grade through 18 years of age.
Program responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, UMY, Sunday School, UM Army, Bible studies, retreats, and fundraisers etc.
Shall work closely with the Minister of Music in areas of youth ministry that shall include music
Shall work closely with the Nurture Ministry area, the youth council, and the youth coordinator in the recruitment and training of teachers, counselors, and chaperons in youth ministry, and the organizing and implementation of the student ministries
Will execute all administrative responsibilities needed to perform such duties as, but not exclusively, developing recommended annual budget for youth ministries and maintaining and reporting records of expenses in all areas of youth ministry.
Coordinate with program secretary, the ordering of literature and supplies necessary for excellence in quality of Christian education for student ministries.
Store and maintain supplies and resources for student ministries
Attend staff meetings
Promote congregational and community awareness of student ministries programs through various media including the church newsletter and local papers
Assist in worship as needed
The Director of Student Ministries is strongly encouraged to participate in professional organizations in the area of Student Ministries and Christian Education at the District and Conference levels and beyond
Maintain a program for personal and professional study and growth
Utilize spiritual and personal gifts for general pastoral work of the church in coordination with the Senior Pastor
Area of Work-related to: Nurture
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Please send resumes and references to Rev. Jim Flagg at email@example.com
We are looking for a high-energy relational person to oversee a thriving program for those in middle school, where the goal is to move these students toward becoming disciples of Christ. Roswell Presbyterian Church (RPC) welcomes a large family of faith to live out the good news of Jesus Christ. With roots that go back to 1839, RPC belongs to the historic Reformed tradition of the Presbyterian Church (USA) that trusts in the grace and love of Jesus Christ for ourselves and for the whole world. We respond to God’s love revealed in Jesus Christ by loving with our heads, hearts, and hands. Please see the attached job description. https://www.roswellpres.org/careers
We, at Zarephath Christian Church in Flemington New Jersey, are excited to have the opportunity to bring a youth minister on board to pour the love of Jesus into and to disciple our young people. We are looking for a stellar person, who loves Jesus, our young people and our church to work alongside our lead pastor. To learn more about our church, check out zccflemington.org. If you have further questions regarding the position, you may contact Pastor Jamie at 908 256 1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested potential candidates can send resumes to email@example.com.
Job Description October 2019
Job Title: Youth Minister
Time: Part Time – 25-30 hours (Non-Exempt)
Department: Zarephath Christian Church, Flemington
The Youth Minister is responsible for creating, overseeing, and implementing a multi-faceted, comprehensive plan to disciple students to trust God, find purpose and make impact. The Youth Minister will reach out to, disciple and equip students in congruence with the goals of our church and in cooperation and collaboration with the lead pastor and core team.
ZCC Flemington Pastor
The ideal candidate will have a 4 year college degree with emphasis on Christian education and youth. At a minimum the candidate will have a High School diploma and is pursuing higher education in the area of Christian education with focus on working with students; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities as shown below.
A Christian of good reputation and credibility (1 Tim. 3:1-7)
Demonstrates the fruit of a calling from God and a heart willing to serve (Eph. 4:11-16)
Manifests the gifts of the Spirit that are relevant to this service (Acts 20:20-32)
Understands and embraces the mission, goals and doctrine of the church.
One who maintains a personal plan for a growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
Self-starter with ability to work independently in a disciplined and organized manner
Highly relational (caring and personable) with effective communication skills (interpersonal and group)
Demonstrates passion and long term vision for youth ministry with ability to draw others to it
Demonstrates innovative and creative approach to ministry
Demonstrates a desire to share the life of Jesus with students and their parents & see them engage in their faith
Youth Minister Job Description Continued:
Knowledge of and ability to communicate the scriptures in an engaging, compassionate and compelling way, Biblical education is preferred
Team-oriented with ability to work with volunteers, members and staff to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring and teaching
Demonstrates leadership qualities and attitude in line with the teachings of Christ
Leading or a member of a team oriented staff, preferably in a church or ministry environment where the primary focus was students
Previous involvement with church or ministry based volunteer programs
Strong communication (verbal and written), people and organizational skills
Self-starter with ability to work independently in a disciplined manner
Thorough understanding and ability to utilize social media and other electronic forms of communication
Proficient with use of computer and other office productivity tools
Is able to function well under pressure and in stressful situations
Able to handle appropriate items and tasks with confidentiality
Oversee and coordinate ZCCF’s youth ministry
Design and examine curriculum for all youth programs and classes
Recruit and equip student ministry volunteer team
Lead middle and high school students by encouraging, discipling and equipping them
Develop positive relationships with leadership team, students and their parents
Plan and organize weekly Youth Ministry and Sunday class for students
Plan and develop special events – including retreat and mission trip
Meet weekly with Pastor for prayer, connection, planning and mentoring
Meet weekly or biweekly with particular students for discipleship
Attend Sunday ZCCF services to worship and for relationship building
Attend monthly core team meetings
Assist lead pastor in leading the Sunday Worship Experience
Assist lead pastor in leading church wide ministry events
Assist lead pastor in regularly connecting with adults in the church
Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned
Pleasant, professional environment
Regular and ongoing interaction with Pastoral Staff, Ministry Leaders, or visitors.
Youth Minister Job Description Continued:
25% of time spent sitting (includes using a computer and telephone), 75% of the time standing and walking.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Dynamics mission is to invite and challenge youth to a lifelong journey in relationship with Christ and His Church. The position of Anacortes Area Director is to lead the student ministry of Youth Dynamics in Anacortes, Washington. Anacortes is the birthplace of Youth Dynamics started by Paul and Connie Evans in 1970. Anacortes is a beautiful town in northwest Washington state and the gateway to the San Juan Islands. This community has great needs with at risk youth and is a wonderful place with recreational opportunities to use as a tool in reaching local youth. Some activities are done in conjunction with YD Adventures, the outdoor ministry branch of Youth Dynamics. Local and statewide activities include rockclimbing on Mt Erie, standup paddleboarding, hiking, kayaking, and white water rafting. This position also requires leadership to oversee volunteers and other full time staff and fundraising to meet the ministry budget including the directors salary. Training is offered in fundraising and adventure guiding Youth Dynamics excels in relational adventure youth ministry. Come join the adventure with Youth Dynamics!
- Provide leadership and direction for all programming in Rezlife West Student Ministries, which include both the Middle School Ministry (6th-8th grades) and High School Ministry (9th-12th grades). Various ministry programming includes youth groups, small groups, confirmation, Sunday School, mission trips, and special events (i.e. camps, retreats). Serve as the lead communicator at Rezlife West programs and events.
- Provide strategic planning and visioning for Rezlife West Student Ministries. This includes setting goals and direction, establishing new ministry opportunities, and evaluating existing programs.
- Manage, motivate and equip staff, volunteers, and student leaders to effectively mobilize Rezlife West for ministry with students.
- Regularly connect and converse with teenagers in and outside of the program setting, provide exceptional care and support to Rezlife West students and families during times of need, and lead a process for effective follow-up of first-time visitors to student programming.
- 3-5 years’ experience in full-time youth ministry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven track record of developing quality relationships; a recognized aptitude for interpersonal engagement, structured dialogue, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills, mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to coordinate events and projects.
- Capable of maintaining confidences, effectively listening and communication; able to resolve conflicts, and conduct one on one counseling sessions, as needed.
To apply Click here
Seven Hills Fellowship is seeking a Youth Minister who will be an architect for the Youth Ministry of 7HF. It is our desire that the Middle and High School youth will be inspired towards and equipped for a life-long relationship with Christ that leads to flourishing in them individually and in their domains. We believe that this flourishing occurs as believers of all ages engage in works of restoration, through lives of reconciliation, through friendship, and through education that leads to transformation, all grounded in our worship of a holy and merciful God.
Leader Recruitment and Oversight (5 hours a week)
- Recruit Adult and College leaders to work with Middle and High School students
- Oversee volunteer leaders through regular individual and team meetings, holding them accountable to an appropriate job description
Contact Work (10 hours a week)
- Contact work is the lifeblood of youth ministry. It’s where the youth minister and volunteers engage incarnationally with their students.
- Contact work means attending the student’s sporting events and concerts, taking them to grab coffee or breakfast, and meeting them where they are.
Middle and High School Youth Group (10 hours a week)
- Like Sunday morning worship for adults, Youth Group, is a large group context where Middle School students can connect relationally, engage in worship and be inspired and equipped by Gospel motivated teaching.
- The general structure of Youth Group will be the following: mixer/game, worship, teaching and a small group breakout session.
Discipleship Groups (5 hours a week)
- Led by the Youth Minister or by a volunteer, Discipleship Groups are a context where students can engage in accountability, learning, and prayer towards the end of becoming life-long mature and equipped followers of Christ.
- Content can be a book or curriculum that is in alignment with the Vision and Values of Seven Hills Fellowship.
- Whether Summer Camp, a mission trip or a day trip to the Ocoee river, Big Events get kids out of their regular routine and into a context where they have the opportunity encounter God and engage in Restoration, Reconciliation or simply building Friendships, each of which leads to their flourishing.
- Summer Break, Spring Break and Winter Break are prime time for this type of event.
- The Youth Minister is required to attend a weekly staff meeting.
- The Youth Minster will oversee a parent’s council
- The Youth Minister will engage in personal development through seminars, retreats and ongoing training or education.