Shepherds, recruits, builds, & leads PTSM students (grades 6 – 12) and serving teams, building experiences where students are excited to come, and grow in finding and following Jesus Christ
Aligns with Preston Trail mission, beliefs, and values (https://prestontrail.org/about/aboutus)
Committed to our team values of Self-Leadership, Positive Attitude, Team Mindset, Healthy Relationships, and High Performance
Must have a passion to see students find and follow Jesus Christ
Must have a genuine heart to see students take their next right step
3+ years of hands-on experience in creating, executing and evaluating excellent student services (large Student Ministry and/or Middle/High School Education environment experience preferred)
Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with direct reports, coworkers and team members
Proven team builder and leader who enthusiastically enlists, builds and shepherds student and volunteer teams
Fruitful, thriving, and growing faith in Jesus Christ
Engaging and dynamic communicator digitally and in-person
Actively and appropriately engages youth culture
Proven experience and growth with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Triller, etc.)
Proven experience with Apple operating system, Planning Center Online, Adobe Creative Suite
Experience with videography and the video creative process is preferred
Must be hungry to both grow and to grow the ministry the right way
MINISTRY TEAM: PTSM staff and volunteer teams, NextGen
REPORTS TO: Student Pastor
Direct and supervise ministry to youth in grades 6-12. Plan and participate in weekly student gatherings on Sunday evenings; lead weekly bible study for students on Wednesdays; plan and lead various retreats throughout the year (summer camp, ski retreats, spiritual life retreats, etc.); share in church staff team meetings and daily operations of the church; participate in community groups and high/middle school events at schools as appropriate. Participate in / lead weekend worship.
Bachelor’s degree in bible, youth ministries or other related field. 3-5 year’s experience working with youth in a church setting preferred. Housing provided.
Interested candidates send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Associate Director of Student Ministry
Marvin United Methodist Church
Tyler, Texas, United States
Date Posted: November 2020
Categories: Youth Pastor, Student Pastor, Student Ministries
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Associate Director of Student Ministry
Weekly Attendance: 1000+
Location: Tyler, TX
The Ministry Job: The Associate Director of Student Ministry at Marvin United Methodist Church will provide leadership, teaching and coordination within the student ministry, with special emphasis on the junior high students.
The Role is:
Overall develop, lead and teach JH ministry on Sunday mornings and evenings and Wednesday night small groups.
Takes initiative with and is intentional in ministry and support of JH students.
Provides collaborative leadership for 6th grade Confirmation.
Plan, develop and implement specific events, retreats, missions relevant to JH students to help them grow in their relationship with Christ and in their sense of servant discipleship and mission.
Work with other student ministry staff to integrate JH students into the life of the church.
Work with the Director of Student Ministry to recruit, train, provide structure and support for volunteer adult/college leaders for JH ministry.
Work with the Director of Student Ministry on overall student ministry related activities and events as needed.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (not necessarily but ideally) in a related field such as Bible or religion; a seminary degree is a bonus.
This candidate will have 3-5 years of ministry and leadership experience. The ideal candidate does not have to come from the Methodist context, but they must be familiar with and embrace Wesleyan theology.
Meet Marvin United Methodist Church:
Marvin United Methodist Church is a historic and vibrant downtown church in Tyler, TX. With over 1000 people across our 4 Sunday Traditional and Contemporary services, we offer excellence on both ends of the campus. Our Missions, Student and Children ministries are key components to our church as we live out our vision to Call, Equip, and Send people for service in God’s Kingdom. We are a Biblically grounded church that focuses on spiritual formation and transformation through a wide array of ministry options on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, mission days and trips, annual events and retreats.
What it’s like to live in Tyler, TX:
Tyler is a rapidly growing area of East Texas. With over 110,000 residents, Tyler has all the amenities of a major city without the headache. With the zoo, the lakes, the shopping, dining, fine arts, music, great BBQ, entertainment centers and shopping. It’s the perfect place to raise a family. Tyler is also the host for more than 20,000 higher-education students, a college of engineering, a university health science center, and two regional hospital systems.
To apply online send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
My Title: Youth Pastor
- Purpose of Ministry: To equip and empower leadership teams to lead and develop volunteers to
show the love of Jesus and help students become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Scope (coverage or expanse of Ministry): Youth Leadership Team, Youth Volunteers, 6-12 th grade
students and their parents.
- Responsibilities and Authority:
Recruit, train and retain volunteers for Youth Ministry (A/I)
Create and execute ministry plan for reaching youth students in the community. (A/I)
Write and practice messages for week and weekend programming. (A)
Plan and execute yearly events for Youth Ministry Students. (A/I)
Track mid-week and weekend attendance by sending numbers to Stephen and keep personal
record. Keep records of student attendance and create system of follow up (A)
Update goals Quarterly unless needed sooner. (A)
Oversee the leadership journey for leaders on moving them to become fully devoted followers
of Christ (members). (A/I)
Foster easy and fast communication through social media and emails to update parents on
what is happening in youth ministries. (A)
- Working Relationships:
I report to: Stephen Salmon
Reporting directly to me are: Youth Leadership team
I work closely with: Stephen Salmon, Emily Cady, Jaime Middleton, April Schaefer, Youth leadership
Estimated Time Requirements: Activity Hrs./Month – Hrs./Week
Recruiting 24/ 6
Weekly Planning and Events 32 /8
Training 4 /2
Coordinating 8/ 2
Budgeting 4 /1
Meetings 16/ 4
Writing/Practicing 28 /7
Weekend/Weekday Gathering 44/ 11
Total hours a month/ week: 160 /41
The Student Ministries Lead Pastor will lead a team of staff, interns, and volunteers to guide students and families to experience God’s love, grow in community, and serve with compassion. This role will report to the Rancho Campus Pastor and will provide oversite leadership for both Junior High and High School Ministries while also providing point leadership over High School Ministry. Through programing and events both physical and online, this role will execute vision that will attract, relate, connect, grow, equip, and multiply students so that we might see God’s hope transform our students, our schools, and our families one story at a time.
–> *QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, PLEASE FORMALLY APPLY BY CLICKING HERE* <–
- Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Committed to the Vision, Mission, and Values of Hillside
- Growing in humility
- Able to smile and laugh
- Collaborative Team Player
- Willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Oversight for Junior High and High School Ministries (combined 280-350)
- Lead the student ministries staff team in weekly meetings (Junior High Pastor, Student Ministry Assistant Pastors, Student Ministry Worship Director, Interns)
- Provide direction for weekly large gathering evenings of worship and teaching – Rancho Campus & Online
- Preaches regularly in Student Ministries gatherings
- Create pathways and programs for discipleship, small groups, and mentoring students to grow in Christ
- Develop, plan and execute overall calendars and budgets
- Recruit, train, and develop a strong volunteer and student leader teams
- Intentional efforts towards outreach, evangelism, decision making, and baptisms
- Collaboratively vision cast for the future of Student Ministries for all Hillside locations and online
- Develop family ministry programing and events for parents and students
- Directs efforts towards camp and retreats
- Crisis response, support and counseling for students and families
- Student Ministries representative in Shepherding Meetings and Connections Meetings
- Support for local schools and intentional efforts by Student Ministry Staff to impact schools
- Create a culture where Student Ministries serve at church throughout the week
- Guide Student Ministries Social Media (Instagram/YouTube/Facebook) in partnership with Comm Team
- Foster a sending culture were students serve locally and serve by experiencing global efforts
- Work in collaboration with Kid’s Ministry for a seamless transition into Junior High Ministries
- Work in collaboration with Young Adult Ministries for a seamless transition out of High School Ministries
- Broader responsibilities at Hillside Community Church weekend gathering and other larger events
- Participate in Hillside online engagement strategy and efforts
- Other duties as assigned
A WIN LOOKS LIKE…
- Students are coming to know and follow Christ and are being discipled on how to follow Jesus
- Parents are communicated with well and are equipped and supported to lead their students towards Jesus
- JHM and HSM Evening Gatherings are attracting and impacting a diverse body of students on a weekly basis
- Social Media and Virtual opportunities are used in innovative and impactful ways with students
- Students and Volunteers are integrated and impacting and serving the larger church
- Student Ministries team (staff, volunteers, and student leaders) feel equipped, cared for, and developed
- Hillside Student Ministries serving at Hillside, locally, and globally
- Families are supported, developed, and encouraged to follow Christ together
- Students are known and are relationally involved in both physical and online opportunities
Education and/or Experience
- Preferred College Degree
- Preferred Higher Education in Youth Ministry, Theology, Biblical Studies, or Christian Education
- Seven to ten years of Student Ministry experience in a larger church setting with staff
Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Google Apps., Planning Center, Asana, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Leadership, initiative, and strong administrative ability
- Knowledge of procedures and theory in the field of Biblical interpretation, Christian Theology, spiritual care, pastoral counseling.
- Experience in speaking and teaching in a variety of settings both large and small (must provide link to a sermon preached in a context of 200+ people)
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, problem solving, oral and written communication.
- Self-awareness, interpersonal skills, humility, flexibility, collaboration
- This position has access to confidential (Planning Center – personal data base, credit cards, potential medical records for trips).
–> *QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, PLEASE FORMALLY APPLY BY CLICKING HERE* <–
We’re seeking a highly effective Student Ministries Pastor for our High School, Middle School, & Elementary age students. Full time or part-time will be considered. We offer a salary with benefits. Leadership and administrative gifts are valued and worship-leading ability is a plus.
Please include a recent photograph with your resume. Access to a ministry plan, video files, or additional media will be helpful.
Austin Bluffs Church is multi-generational and in a great location in Colorado Springs, CO. We are a mid-sized Assemblies of God fellowship with a non-denominational feel. Please email us at email@example.com.
First United Methodist Church Missouri City is in search of a full-time Youth Director and Family Ministry Associate. The Leader’s primary responsibility is to develop and initiate relationships and ministry with students in grades 6th-12th to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world, and helping people find fullness in Christ. This director will facilitate regular youth group meetings, supervise the planning and implementing of special youth events and projects, and be a role model of Christian discipleship and living. He/she will also be involved in planning and implementing family ministry events and activities as well as general church operating needs. The candidate must have a passion for student ministry, be a team player that is relational with students, staff, congregants, and has a learning attitude toward youth culture and ministry. A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of educational/ teaching experience related to youth in a Christian setting/ ministry is required.
Please send a resume to Leah Stevens, Director of Family Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job closing date: November 13, 2020 at 5pm
Status: Full-Time, Salaried
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement
What you should know about us: We are a faith community committed to reaching people with the message of Jesus Christ in our community and beyond. We believe and teach that the Bible is God’s Word and our authority, able to speak into all matters of life. We seek to extend grace to everyone, recognizing that all are spiritually broken and God’s work-in-progress, We believe we are part of the continuing fulfillment of Jesus’ promise to build His church; not a building but a movement of Christ-followers across all nations. High Pointe church is located approximately one hour south of Seattle in Graham, Wa.
Mission Statement: AIM: AIMing to know Jesus and make Him known. Activate. Impact. Multiply.
Supervision: The Youth Minister reports directly to the Lead Pastor and will work in cooperation with ministry directors.
Lead a youth ministry of 7th-12th graders that accomplishes the following
-Develop relationships with students, and programs in which students are being discipled into followers of Jesus
-Recruit and equip volunteers to connect with and disciple students
-Prepare, plan and execute weekly Youth Group gatherings where students worship and are taught from the Bible
-Prepare, plan and execute mid-week student small groups
-Prepare, plan and execute student camps
-Maintain frequent and clear communication with parents
-Oversee and manage Student Ministry budget
-Support and assist in other church ministry projects or tasks
-Lead and disciple student ministry leaders
-Develop relationships with local schools
-Committed follower of Christ
-Possess a sincere call to youth ministry
-Passionate about helping teens grow spiritually
-Strong communication and relational skills
-Prior experience leading in youth ministry
Please visit www.highpointechurch.org to read more about our beliefs, vision, and to familiarize yourself with our church.
To apply: Fill out the application on this website, or send a cover letter and resume to Jordan@highpointechurch.org
As a full-time position, the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries plans and oversees mission opportunities, programing, and activities that fosters faith in Jesus Christ for youth (sixth through twelfth grades) and young adults within the church family and community
Responsibilities and Duties
· Lead middle and high school students in a way that encourages their spiritual growth as disciples of Christ.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes worship, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Develop and oversee curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
· Coordinate all aspects of Middle School and High School aged events and programming.
· Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of Middle School and High School youth.
· Recruit, train, and support volunteers to work in youth ministries.
Young Adult Ministry
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes small groups, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Work with the Young Adult Ministries Team and Team Leader to schedule, plan, and carry out ministries and programs.
· Assist with coordinating of young adult programming and events, including college-age, singles, and couples.
· Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Previous youth ministry experience within a growing youth program.
· Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry (preferred).
· Ability to work with youth and young adults.
· Proficiency with social media.
· Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication, conflict management, and computer skills
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
· A self-starter – highly motivated, with the ability to lead by example.
· Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check and drug test for employment.
· Must be available to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Cascade Community Church – Cascade, Idaho, USA 83611
Position: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 90+
Job Type: Full time
Cascade Community Church is a Bible believing church family of 90+ members located in a small community in the mountains of rural Idaho. We are located just two hours north of Boise, Idaho, a metropolitan area of over 300,000 residents, and only moments from outdoor recreational areas to enjoy the advantages of residing in a small rural town.
We are a congregation which is focused on outreach ministry to our community and the world beyond, with an emphasis on youth. Our vision statement is “Change the world from here: One child at a time; One student at a time; One family at a time; One disciple at a time.”
We are looking for a young man of unquestionable character living in accordance with the Word of God (I Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:9) to be a full time Youth Pastor. The ideal candidate has a heart for youth such that he will endeavor to see the youth of our community fall deeper in love with Jesus, grow in their spiritual development, and learn to love others as God loves us.
The Youth Pastor shall have charge of the spiritual welfare of all youth ministries of the Church with a primary emphasis on Junior and Senior High student ministries. The Youth Pastor shall seek to enlist followers of Jesus Christ, preach the Gospel and shall administer the activities of youth programs of the Church in cooperation with the various boards and committees.
The primary role of the Youth Pastor is to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to love God and love people. The Youth Pastor also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. The Youth Pastor is responsible for planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grades seven through twelve.
Success will require enthusiasm for presenting the love of Jesus Christ to the youth of our community and the development of a dynamic, safe and appealing place for the students that gives them the courage to be different and the resilience to resist unhealthy peer pressure. Additionally, an ideal candidate has proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and is compassionate, prayerful and grounded in God’s truth.
1. Develop the vision and curriculum for youth ministry
– Gain an understanding of the culture of the local youth to better meet their needs – Draft the vision and goals for student ministry in cooperation with other youth ministry programs to align with the church’s overall vision
– Review proposed vision and goals with the senior pastor and elder board – Design and oversee curriculum for all youth programs, events and classes, that is biblically based and biblically sound, encourages ongoing spiritual growth and supports the youth ministry vision
2. Lead the Sunday, mid-week and other youth gatherings
– Implement opportunities for the students to grow in relationship with the Lord and each other
– Attract new participants by building a dynamic environment of Christ’s penetrating good news
– Provide ample supervision and a physically and emotionally safe environment – Use social media to engage students and keep them informed
– Display a Christ-like approach and lifestyle to lead by example
– Engage parents wherever possible as a means to share Jesus and strengthen families – Plan and lead opportunities for students to serve in the community and beyond through short and long-term service projects and mission trips
– Lead or organize leaders for youth worship
3. Provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to local students and parents during times of difficulty and major crises
4. Oversee youth ministry staff and volunteers
– Lead efforts to recruit staff volunteers
– Take time to inspire, consult and support them to ensure spiritual vibrancy – Lead volunteers in the initiation and implementation of new ministry strategies 5. Develop relationships with the local educational community to share Christ’s love at schools and draw students to the church’s youth ministry
– Coordinate on-campus gatherings
– Support students by attending sporting events and awards ceremonies
– Be called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word to students – Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required
– Prior experience in student ministry
– Excellent computer and social media skills
– Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
– Affinity for young people
– Ability and interest in leading mission trips
* Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com *