PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Next Gen Director is responsible for leading our Kids and Student Ministries in order to develop a clear pathway which enables every kid to take the next step in their journey of becoming like Jesus and joining Him in His mission while supporting the implementation of the vision, mission and core values of Mission Hills Church.
• Earned degrees and/or other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
• Alignment with the vision, mission, core values, and doctrinal statement of Mission Hills Church
• Models strong Christian character, integrity, vibrant relationship with Christ and lives out biblical truth
• A successful track record of upper level management and leadership
• Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement yet love to do life as a team
• Passion for the next generation
• Experience sufficient to enable effective leadership
• Strengths in the following areas: organizational and ministry alignment, staff development and care, clear communicator, project management, strategy development and implementation, system and process development. Should have a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
• CHAMPION EVERY AGE GROUP – Inspire the church to say yes to the next generation, investing in their future now. The way we love kids now directly impacts who they will be as adults. As kids grow through the phases, they need loving and committed adults to show up and connect with them, share life with them, and invest in them, preparing them for what’s next. The Next Gen Director ensures that kids have those adults in their lives, casts the vision for their potential, tells their stories, inspiring the church to love and treat each kid like they are made as the image of God.
• ALIGN LEADERS – Coach the teams to work together. Get them on the same page. Embody the ministry’s primary values then live and breathe those values. Organize and base the ministry practices on those values. Meet with the team regularly to identify common goals and objectives. Keep a compelling scoreboard and hold them accountable. The Next Gen Director is responsible for the team’s alignment and the church’s overall strategy for raising up the next generation.
• GAUGE EFFECTIVENESS – Help your team identify what success looks like and what it means to be effective. The Next Gen Director must help their teams define the wins and measure the markers that demonstrate you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing.
• ASSIST MINISTRY – Serve your leaders. Assist them in whatever way is needed to ensure not only their success but also their sense of joy and fulfillment in doing what God has called them to do. This includes making sure the tools and resources you provide are genuinely helpful, your communications systems are efficient and effective, your environments are inspiring, and the messaging is engaging. The Next Gen Director collaborates with the team to establish the system that makes all this possible, including hiring the right staff, recruiting the right teams, and providing the right resources. They build systems and processes for resourcing families, raising kids and reaching the community.
• EXPAND LEARNING – Equip your team with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their leaders and ministries. Equip your team’s leaders with the knowledge and skills it takes to lead their kids. Teach them what you know. Model what needs to be done. The Next Gen Director is always a step or two ahead of their team, feeding them what they need to learn and grow in their God-given calling to minister to kids.
• PARTNER WITH PARENTS – Find ways to genuinely partner with parents in raising their children. Provide what the church can provide best: a loving network of caring adults who are committed to helping them grow in faith, wisdom, and friendship. The Next Gen Director is constantly looking for ways to improve their partnership with parents.
• Other occasional duties as required by senior leadership
To Apply: To begin the application process please visit www.missionhills.org/jobs
Calvary Church is seeking a spiritually mature and experienced Student Pastor. The leadership at Calvary Church desires an individual whose calling and character inspires others to look toward Christ. Though loving students is important, it is critical that this candidate be effective in all aspects of student ministry. The primary responsibilities of the Student Pastor include: 1) Building relationships with students and their families while pointing them to Jesus. 2) Loving and equippng parents to engage in their teen’s spiritual growth. 3) Recruiting and training volunteers to make followers who make followers of Jesus. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Waters Edge Church has grown from 50 people to a church of thousands because we do church differently. We don’t do what’s expected or, for that matter, what’s accepted. The music is loud. The message is bold. We do whatever it takes to connect people to God. We are a multi-site church and have three campuses in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Yorktown, Newport News, and Williamsburg). We are laser-focused on reaching those who are far from God and want to change the way people think about church!
We’re currently looking for a new full-time staff member to join our Director Team in the position of Student Director. If you’re a natural born leader with previous management experience and would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, this position might be for you!
This is a central position that oversees multiple staff and hundreds of students across three campuses. This position also has a seat on our Lead Team centrally. It’s a great position, and an even better place to live.
Desired Skills: Are You…
• Comfortable painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action?
• Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward?
• Consistently meeting and exceeding expectations, even under the toughest of circumstances?
• Known for building strong relationships and delivering customer-focused solutions?
• A leader that directs, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done?
• A developer of confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity?
• An effective communicator, both in oral and written forms, while understanding the unique needs of different audiences?
• Capable of rebounding quickly from setbacks and adversity even when facing difficult situations?
• Effective at managing the resources you’re given, while embodying the value of excellence?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Carrying out the vision of Waters Edge Students to all WEC campuses under the direct leadership of the Executive Director of Ministries.
• Supervising and coaching campus student staff to ensure students have a place to connect, be cared for, and grow spiritually.
• Responsible for all student programming including curriculum, resources, small groups, events, and Student Camp.
• Providing campuses with weekly content for communication, website, and media.
• Evaluating all student environments across campuses to guarantee consistency and culture.
• Developing the strategy to train all student volunteers.
• Provided opportunities to speak to students at events and camp.
• Overseeing student budget dollars and resources to maximize potential for ministry.
• Creating communication to students and parents on social media.
• Expected to be a team player working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members.
• Required to work all Sundays, Wednesday nights, holiday experiences, and other events outside of normal working hours (Team Trainings and Special Events).
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! To apply, you must visit our jobs page and complete our questionnaire at watersedgechurch.net/jobs. Any other submissions through this site will not be accepted.
Job Title: Minister to Students
Reports to: Associate Minister
Job Classification: Full-time
Expected work hours per week: Full-time: 40 hours/week
Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree, including coursework from a theological Bible college, theological seminary, or comparable experience
The Minister to Students oversees Northway’s ministry to our 6-12th grade and college aged students as a part of the Northway ministerial team. Central to this role is to develop and implement a student ministry that grounds them in Christian faith and practice, disciples them in spiritual growth and empowers them to be a Christian in a post-Christian world. Equally important is assisting and empowering parents/guardians in raising their children to a spiritual awareness and maturity. In accomplishing this mission, the Minister to Students will work together with all other staff and leadership and will fully support all the ministries of Northway.
Skills and Qualifications
– A strong calling and a passionate heart for student ministry
– An enthusiastic communicator of Biblical truths
– Embrace the values/culture of Northway (www.northwaychristian.org)
– Work both independently and in a team environment with a servant heart
– Flexible, imaginative and able to improvise in a dynamic, evolving environment
– Eager to learn, grow and advance within the ministry as a spiritual role model
– Gifts of leadership, teaching, planning and administration
– Leadership experience at church camps
– Excellent communications skills including social media etiquette
– Innovative and proficient in the use of technology and social media platforms
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
– Responsible for discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, and leadership development of students from 6th to 12th grade and college students.
– Develop personal relationships with students and their parents.
– Oversee weekly meetings, Bible studies and special events by equipping leadership teams to accomplish the purposes of the student ministry.
– Execute program within budgetary requirements.
– Innovative change agent, inspiring the student community to embrace technology as a tool to amplify the objectives of the ministry and accelerate community service and outreach.
– Directly accountable to the Associate Minister and coordinates ministries with other adult leaders, pastoral staff, administrative staff members and parents.
Presbyterian Church of Western Springs (PCWS) is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. PCWS has over 325 members with 100 people in attendance during Sunday worship with approximately 25 youth on the rolls. There has been much change in the staff at PCWS in the past few years and, with the arrival of a new called pastor last August, we are now working to rebuild our program staff to support the ongoing ministries and to creatively work to establish new ministries. This is an exciting time in the life of a congregation that has faithfully served the community for nearly 65 years.
PCWS has a long history of youth ministry for both middle school and high school students. Many of our adult members were once students in the youth programs and have had children graduate through the programs. This rich history provides both challenges and opportunities. Our next Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) will be tasked with supporting existing programs while also identifying ways that the program can be changed to fit current trends and philosophies of youth ministry. While many people are attached to “the way things have always been,” the candidate for this position will need to be sensitive to this while also confident enough to guide the congregation into the next chapter of innovative youth ministry at PCWS.
Working closely with the pastor, the candidate will design and implement programs for middle school and high school that focus on the following areas: faith formation/education, worship, fellowship, and mission. Weekly gatherings are expected to include elements of learning, worship, and fellowship (recognizing that there will be exceptions to this pattern). This will be new for many of the youth as they have been accustomed to a primary focus on fellowship/fun during monthly or twice-monthly gatherings. In addition to weekly youth group gatherings, separate opportunities for Bible study, fellowship, and mission will also need to be planned and executed. This includes a week-long high school mission trip.
The DYM will be expected to be in worship on Sunday mornings and assist in worship periodically while also encouraging the involvement of youth in worship leadership and in attendance. Currently, we offer Sunday School for middle school students twice a month. Our plan is to continue to do this with the DYM teaching one Sunday per month and a volunteer teaching the other.
As part of their approach to youth ministry, the DYM should consider building relationships with the youth of the church a top priority. This involves attending sporting events, performances, and other opportunities to show support to the youth, in addition to being available for conversation, counseling, and fun. The youth ministry components of this position are expected to be approximately 3/4 time. In order to make this position full-time, we are open to finding the right match between our needs and the skills/interests of the candidate.
Our priority is finding someone who is the right candidate for the DYM position, and after that, if full-time employment is desired by the candidate, we will discuss whether some combination of the following ministry areas would be appropriate for the candidate:
– Children’s Ministry (Sunday School coordination and planning and special events)
– Church Life
– Adult Education/Ministry
– Young Adult/College Ministry
This structure provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a youth ministry focus to explore other areas of interest and ministry. A final job description for the individual will be crafted with the candidate.
Based on the above description of the position, the ideal candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an enthusiastic and experienced youth worker with an ongoing passion for youth ministry. They should be able to work with limited supervision and require minimal administrative support. The candidate will be a partner in ministry with the Pastor, The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian, who started his call at PCWS in August 2018. This position is an opportunity to join the ministry team in the early stages with opportunities for significant input and leadership.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibility. While this position is not a called/installed position, ordained candidates or candidates in the Presbyterian Church (USA) ordination process are encouraged to contact us to discuss your interest and individual situation.
Learn more about our church and programs at presbyws.org and we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about the position and search, please contact The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian at 708-505-5409 or email@example.com.
Northlake Community Church (www.northlakeonline.org) is located in Bellingham, WA in the upper northwest corner of Washington State. Located just over an hour north of the Seattle metro area, Bellingham offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike trails, golf courses, and so much more. Bellingham is home to about 90,000 people which keeps it feeling like a small and big community at the same time. Bellingham residents love the easy access to the outdoors, laid back and easy going community, and close access to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
As a church, Northlake has been around since 1952. What originally started as a women’s bible study quickly grew into a large group of believers who wanted to do life together as a church. Today, Northlake is home to about 425 weekly attenders that make up a multi-generational, non-denominational church. Located just up the street from Squalicum High School, Northlake sits in a friendly neighborhood and is in a prime location to reach the hundreds of families that surround it.
The Student Ministries Position:
The role we’re seeking to hire is a Student Ministries Pastor or Director who would be responsible for the leadership and spiritual development of the middle school and high school students connected with Northlake Community Church. Currently our student ministry serves about 50 students during our Sunday services and 30 throughout the week in small groups. Northlake’s student ministry has an excellent and long standing reputation in the Bellingham community. Our hope is to continue that reputation as we seek to lead the next generation to know Jesus and fully live the life God has for them. Being that our current Student Ministries Pastor will remain at Northlake to transition to an Associate Pastor role, we’re searching for a suitable replacement to continue to help our students and families thrive.
What You’ll Need To Succeed In This Position:
- A passion for following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
- A passion for middle school and high school students.
- A grander vision for how student ministries help build up a church.
- A love for working on a team.
- To be self-motivated, teachable, a great problem solver, and have a positive overall attitude.
- To be real and authentic – not skipping over the tough parts of life but pressing into them.
- A genuine love for spending time with students.
- A heart for the lost (especially within the unchurched setting of the Northwest).
- Experience serving and leading in student ministries.
- The ability to bring God’s word to life in a real and practical way.
This is a full-time exempt position that will require 40+ hours of work a week.
Starting salary range is from $40,000-$55,000 depending on education and experience.
Northlake provides exceptional benefits including:
- Health insurance for your entire family
- Retirement fund employer matching program
- Funds to cover a portion of moving expenses.
See Full Job Posting By Clicking Here
Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for a Director of Student Ministries (DSM) to provide vision and leadership who will engage the church’s staff, volunteers, and congregation in its ministry to students in junior high, high school, and college. The DSM will lead students within our church and community at large into a personal relationship with Christ and build strong relationships with one another so that our youth might be beacons of Christ in the world. The DSM will report directly to CPC’s Pastors, Elders, and Church Education Committee. This is a full-time position.
Applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. The DSM may pursue additional academic education concurrent with this ministry.
- Ongoing continuing education opportunities will be required.
- Overseeing, developing, and implementing a comprehensive Student Ministries program for students grades 6 – 12.
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ through instructional and relational ministry at CPC.
- Preparing and nurturing CPC’s youth for challenges they will face in young adulthood while instilling in them a solid foundation of their identity in Christ and developing their unique God-given spiritual gifts and talents.
- Incorporating CPC’s youth into the life, ministry, and service of the church.
- Leading and organizing effective youth programs that consist of worship, Biblical teaching, discipleship, fellowship, and community outreach.
- Identifying, planning, and executing local, regional, and global mission opportunities.
- Providing care and spiritual direction to students, both individually and in groups.
- Recruiting and training volunteers to work with youth in all aspects of CPC’s Student Ministries, ensuring adequate volunteer support and reasonable adult to youth ratios.
- Engaging and equipping parents with relevant information, keeping them informed of ongoing church activities, youth ministry strategies, and future plans in such a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of the CPC Student Ministries’ budget while managing costs for events and trips in a timely, cost effective, and organized manner.
- Staying current with youth ministry practices and trends.
- Teaching, developing, and coordinating youth Sunday School curriculum and recruiting additional teachers as necessary.
- Ensuring that the CPC’s Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings and that all volunteers are vetted according to the policy.
- Supporting CPC’s youth at school and other events outside of the church.
- Candidate must be Reformed and Evangelical possessing a passion for Christ and His Gospel, a love for youth ministry, a humble spirit, and a vibrant prayer and devotional life.
- Candidate must demonstrate a gift for teaching the Bible effectively to youth in both small and large group settings, be capabale of articulating a vision for CPC’s Student Ministries and guiding the spiritual development of our students, lead interns and volunteers spiritually and professionally, exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker, and possess previous experience as a role model, leader, teacher, or mentor of youth in a Christian environment.
- Candidate must be relationship oriented with a high degree of personal integrity, possess strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), demonstrate sound judgement and emotional intelligence, and exhibit personal financial stability.
406 Randolph Ave
Huntsville, AL 35801
For more on Huntsville visit- www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM7VY9-RuQ
The Student Ministry Director will have a passion for student ministry and work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch students into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Students strategy that draws students to Menlo Church and guides them into discipleship to Jesus
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly student worship experiences for a Wednesday evening program
- Oversee Student Ministry Life Groups
- Build a relational & effective Student Ministry Team, including student leaders, Life Group leaders, and a volunteer worship/tech team
- Plan and organize events and camps as needed
- Work collaboratively with other San Mateo campus staff for an integrated ministry to all ages
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 2 years of experience
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as, part of a team
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
…SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN PEOPLE
Unique opportunity to do ecumenical youth ministry: For 17 years, the community of Platte, SD has done ecumenical youth ministry together with dedicated volunteers. Now we are taking it to the next level by hiring a full-time pastor to lead this effort.
The youth group encompasses the whole community and consists of 150 students split between senior high and junior high youth groups. You will be assisted by 16 mentors for the senior high, 20 mentors for the junior high, and a community youth board. You will receive outstanding support from the local churches (Reformed, Christian Reformed, Lutheran, Baptist, Non-denominational, Presbyterian, Methodist, and Catholic) and the community.
Platte, South Dakota is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It is a strong, rural community that experiences high levels of tourism due to its location near the Missouri River. There are many opportunities to hunt, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors.
Interested parties are urged to request a job description or send their resume to email@example.com. Ordination is preferred, but not required. All applicants should have at least five years of youth ministry experience. Applications must be received by April 15 to be considered for this position.
Youth Director Needed:
Bandera United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for its Youth Director. BUMC is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country just 30 minutes from San Antonio. BUMC is a thriving congregation actively growing in mission and ministry with approximately 250 regular congregants and 30-40 weekly high school and middle school youth group attendees. BUMC seeks creative ways to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation the world.
Applicants should have knowledge of current youth culture and ministry trends. BUMC seeks to expand established youth programs with specific emphasis on mission and community outreach. BUMC also partners with local youth organizations and maintains a strong relationship with the Bandera schools. This allows it to work closely with each to create a safe and welcoming environment for community youth. The successful applicant will enjoy working with youth, be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills and attention to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, be at least 25 years old and have at least one to two years’ experience working with youth. Musical ability a plus.
This full-time position offers a salary package between $24,000-$28,000 annually with an additional health insurance reimbursement stipend. Three bedroom home/parsonage provided.
For detailed job description, please visit http://banderaumc.org/about-us/employment-opportunities
Call church office at 830-796-3849 or reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.