Seeking full-time Director of Student Ministries: Click for Job Description
Hamblen Park Presbyterian Church is in Spokane, Washington in a thriving and diverse region of the city, close to outstanding outdoor recreational opportunities. We are seeking an experienced Director of Student Ministries. Hamblen Church has a long history of quality ministry with youth and families. We hope to grow the communities, educational opportunities, and volunteer ministries that invite youth to follow Jesus Christ.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Student Ministry to lead and expand ministry with 7th grade through 12th grade students and leaders. Our youth ministry seeks to build community, grow through God’s word, and reach area youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have up to 45 students in our weekly programs with around 70 registered as “active” in the church. Major responsibilities include Sunday morning Sunday School, evening youth groups, monthly events, discipleship groups, summer camps, and mission trips. This position may oversee part-time interns or staff and will further develop our volunteer ministry pool. We seek those with professional youth ministry experience and prefer a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education, ministry, theology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
This position is part of a dynamic and fun program staff team that collaboratively leads the ministries of the church.
Accepting Applications Immediately
To apply, please email a cover letter introducing yourself, your resume (including references), and a statement of faith to:
Send résumé to email@example.com
Be sure to review Job Description here.
Pastor of Student Ministries || Richwoods Christian Church
Who you are:
We are looking for a Pastor of Student Ministries who is passionate about outreach and discipleship to lead our student ministry into a new era of growth and vibrancy. We want someone to join our team who loves Jesus, students, and identifying and recruiting amazing leaders. We want someone who recognizes that excellent ministry happens both inside and outside the church walls: you lead excellent youth programs but also are out with students on campuses, at Taco Bell, or in homes. We’d love it if you are a student of Student Ministry, who loves to talk StuMin theory, but also loves The Office, is willing to learn the latest viral TikTok dance, and can handle themselves in Settlers of Catan or Fortnite.
Who we are:
A church that is dedicated to “helping people find and follow Christ.” We value collaboration, vulnerability, honesty, and having fun! We have a staff of 17 people that can’t wait for you to join our team. We want to support and unleash you, as you lead the student ministries. Our church is non-denominational, and is a Christian Church that comes out of the Restoration Movement. Our worship is modern and casual, our church is friendly, and we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll do:
You’ll provide vision for the entire student ministry, focusing on recruiting, developing, unleashing, and supporting a great team of volunteers. You’ll oversee teams that lead middle school, high school, and college ministries, and you’ll lead the ministries as is appropriate. We want you to lead a dynamic, relationship-based ministry, where you multiply yourself by developing an enthusiastic team of leaders who will share their faith and disciple our students.
You’ll supplement the ministry of those teams by being outward-focused, freed up to do all the important things that a great Youth Pastor should do—like be on-campus with students, take leaders out for coffee, and invite people to join you on your authentic journey with Christ. You’ll be relationally present at weekend services and maybe grab lunch with the kids. We hope you’ll be a resource for parents and for the community.
We’ve got a strong team for you to join, including a supportive church staff with lots of student ministry experience. Our church is at an exciting point and we can’t wait to have a positive and enthusiastic person to join us!
If you’re interested in applying, please check out our culture and beliefs on our website (richwoods.org/about-us). If you would like to talk further, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to Tom Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Pastor of Student Ministries.
Looking forward to talking to you soon!
What follows is:
1. A bit about our church and our city
2. Our ideal qualifications
3. The formal Job Description
1. A bit about our church and our city
Highlighted in Christian Standard’s 2018 list of Emerging Mega-Churches, Richwoods Christian Church is a vibrant, joyful church. Overflowing with young families, it is known in the community for being a safe place for the unchurched and “over-churched” to find and follow Christ. Richwoods is a multi-site, non-denominational community of believers with roots in the Restoration Movement. This movement was built around a message that resounds today: a call to unite with other Christians (regardless of denominational constructs), seeking unity around biblical essentials, and living together in grace in the gray areas. As the saying goes: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.” After investing in a multi-site model for growth, Richwoods currently has four services across two campuses, and (pre-Covid) averages an attendance of around 1,000 a week. We are currently looking for our new Lead Pastor (our last LP left on great terms), and we believe in the importance of investing in our Student Ministries.
Peoria is a great place to live and raise a family. A 4-time “All American City” award winner, a recent Top 50 metropolitan area on Forbes’ “Best Places for Business and Careers” list, and frequent Top 10 “Best Mannered Cities,” Peoria has something for everyone. We have a vibrant river front and minor league hockey and baseball teams. There are over 9,000 acres of parks and trails, along with many other centers of culture and entertainment such as a Broadway Show or a Bradley Braves basketball game at the Civic Center, or spend some time at the Riverfront Museum, the Planetarium, the Botanical Garden, the Zoo, or the wildlife park. There is a growing food and pub scene, giving a very long list of date night options. With its low cost of living, excellent schools, superb entertainment options, international business, and ideal location, Peoria offers all of the big-city amenities with a small-town feel and is an ideal place to live!
2. Our ideal qualifications
• Vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus
• 3+ years experience on a church staff with proven ministry growth
• Proven capability to recruit, develop, and support exceptional volunteer leadership teams
• Biblical education, (Bachelors degree or higher), and an earnest desire to learn and grow
• Relational, outgoing and good with people
• Ability to develop and lead a student worship team
• Strong passion for students and young adults with a heart for Jesus-focused, family-friendly ministry that disciples students to spiritual maturity but is also able to engage with the unchurched “where they are, as they are”
• Proven expertise as a teacher and communicator with strong teaching skills
• High emotional and relational intelligence with solid listening, communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic, internally motivated with a drive for excellence
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and be flexible, and can work independently and as part of a team
• Committed to teamwork with the leadership, staff, and congregation of Richwoods Christian Church
3. The formal Job Description
Position: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Connections Pastor
Relates to: Children’s Ministry positions
Supervises: High School, Junior High, and College Ministry Teams
Campus: Knoxville Campus
Status: Full time, Exempt
Position Summary: This position provides the overall vision for the entire Student Ministry, and personally leads ministries as is appropriate. Responsible for the implementation and coordination of student ministry strategy and focus for Richwoods under the direction of the Connections Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, culture, and strategy of Richwoods and the ability to develop, align, and empower volunteers, leaders, and teams with its purpose, vision, and values. The Pastor of Student Ministries should have an awareness of the significant role they play, and to use their presence and influence to benefit the students, their families, the church, and the community.
Role 1 – Oversee Vision and Continuity for Student Ministries
Responsibility 1 –
Communicate and cast the vision for Student Ministry as a whole. To lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students (6th- college age) by providing environments that will challenge them to take their next step with Jesus. Provide plan for outreach to unchurched students, and have a plan to follow up with new students and those who have not attended in a while.
Ensure the Student Ministry is effectively present in the local school systems.
Responsibility 3 –
Strategically transitioning students through the Student Ministry (rKids to Junior High, to Senior High, to College) and from the Student Ministry to the life of the church.
Responsibility 4 –
Working with Connections Pastor, create the annual budget and event calendar. Prepare a year-long curriculum plan. Oversee the execution of these plans.
Responsibility 5 –
Oversee the direction/culture of Richwoods College Ministry (ages 18 – 24) and ensure an effective and relevant program where young adults can come together and be encourage to find and follow Christ. Empower and work with the College Area Leaders to provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for young adults at Richwoods.
Role 2 – Work Directly with Ministries
Responsibility 1 –
Oversee the direction/culture of the ministries, and likely focus on investing with the High School Ministry (grade 9-12). Lead an effective and relevant program where students can find and follow Christ. Be relationally present on Sunday mornings, and lead the Wednesday evening youth program. Also, provide vision casting and leadership training for adult leaders, student leaders, and volunteer teams.
Responsibility 2 –
Build a team of adult leaders who will lead alongside each other with one mind and heart helping students find and follow Christ. Develop a healthy leadership community that attracts, develops, and empowers ministry partners and volunteers.
Responsibility 3 –
Establish/maintain a personal presence at local high schools. Foster and curate the community of the youth group. Go to lunch with students after church.
Other General Duties
• Dedicate yourself to your personal and spiritual health and growth.
• Establish and maintain healthy work boundaries.
• Contribute to all-staff meetings, retreats, and church wide events/classes (Discovering Richwoods, Leadership Community, Annual Meetings, Volunteer Pushes, etc)
• Be transparent with working hours, and location when off-site during normal working hours. Be available before/after services.
• Other duties as assigned
Full Time Student Ministry, Children Ministry And Small Group Director. The person filling this position will be responsible for effectively developing, organizing, and supervising the Student Ministry and Children Ministry of First United Methodist Church for the purpose of making and growing students into disciples of Jesus Christ. They will lead a team of small group leaders in the growth of a healthy, relational, and outward focused small group ministry that seeks to grow deep relational connections and a growing relationship with Jesus. Job description, application, and information about First United Methodist Church in North Platte, Nebraska is available at firstchurchnp.com. Closing date is August 10, 2020.
Faith Church is looking to hire a full-time student pastor to lead our 6th-12th grade ministries. Compensation is commensurate to experience.
Co-Director of Student Ministry
Church Mission: Attract people to Christ, Build committed Christians, Commission disciples for ministry in our world.
Position Overview: The Co-Director Position is one that will be shared with another person to help co-lead United Student Ministry. These Directors will be responsible for leading, teaching, planning, organizing, facilitating and producing ministry for the students of First United Methodist Church of Broken Arrow who are in grades 6th – 12th .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit, connect with, and contact students and parents on a regular basis
- Follow-Up with new students who visit student ministry programs / activities
- Invest in volunteer team in various ways such as gifts, cards, lunch, coffee, etc.
- Share in planning and visioning of Youth Ministry
- Weekly Programing, Special Events, Summer Events, Etc.
- Share in teaching Wednesday Night and Sunday School
Share in administrative duties
- Budget- Ministry, Camps, and Mission Trips
- Reconciling Receipts, and Turning In Money
- Emails- Parents, Students, and Volunteers
- Social Media- Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube
- Scheduling- Calendar Events, Café, and Volunteers
Share in developing volunteer leadership team
- Recruit future volunteers
- Train future, and current volunteers
- Assign volunteers small groups and Sunday school
Other Ministry Activities
- Share in creating Wednesday Night, Sunday School, and Small Group Curriculum
- Serve as leader and/or driver on youth events
- Serve as Design Team member for Disciple Camp and Dayspring
- Share in planning and executing fundraisers for United Student Ministry Mission Trips
- Help participate and coordinate youth with VBS
- Help plan, participate, attend, and lead: Retreats, Camps, and Mission Trips
- Attend, participate, and volunteer with other church ministries or church programs
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly worship service
Supervision and Expectations: Reports to the Associate Pastor. Hours are determined in consultation with supervisor, and will usually include Sunday mornings and evenings, Wednesday evenings, office time, and contact/follow-up time as needed. This is a full-time position including salary and some benefits. For more information about this opportunity or to submit your resume and references, please contact:
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection is seeking a called, passionate, forward-thinking and courageous leader to serve as Pastor/Director of Student Ministries. Building upon its rich history of effective ministry to students and their families in our church and community, the next Pastor/Director of Student & High School Ministries will be a visionary leader who possesses the ability to effectively strategize and faithfully steward a new season of ministry marked by sustainable growth, expansion and ministry impact in Kansas City and beyond.
Our next leader will be asked to 1) cast and sustain a compelling vision of innovative student ministry, 2) construct a discipleship pathway that moves students from exploring God to embodying the person and work of Jesus, 3) develop a set of benchmarks and metrics that gives evidence of faithful and effective ministry to youth, their families, and volunteers and 4) manage and supervise a dynamic team of staff.
The Pastor/Director of Student Ministries will be asked to create attractional outreach opportunities for students in the community to connect with Resurrection and explore Christianity. In addition, the Pastor/Director of Student Ministries will be asked to create programs and missional opportunities to help students and families “close the spiritual gap” in their life by participating in the five essential practices of the Christian life, namely: worshipping, studying, serving, giving and sharing.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5-7 years of experience in student ministries or any equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master of Divinity degree is preferred.
Click Here to submit your cover letter and resume and to see the full job description.
The Director of Youth Faith Formation will develop programming for youth, grades 6th – 12th, to communicate with families with students, and to work closely with church staff, Youth Council, and other groups at First United Methodist Church San Angelo.
The director is responsible for developing and enhancing programming for youth aimed at creating “disciples of Jesus Christ.” This includes Sunday school, Sunday Worship opportunities, Sunday Night Programming, and midweek programming as needed. Participation and communication with local schools, special events, and contests is highly recommended.
First United Methodist Church of San Angelo is a bible-believing traditional, evangelical body of believers in a growing town of 100k. The church has a rich tradition in missions and evangelism and is focused on making disciples of Jesus Christ and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28).
The Middle School Leader is responsible for the overall direction of Middle School Ministry for our Livermore campus which includes pastoring, leading services, and events, including weekend services, all in line with Cornerstone’s mission, vision and our values. MSL will lead and equip a team of gifted staff and volunteers as well as engages students to pursue Christ with wholehearted passion.
· Equip direct reports, the CF Middle School intern/s, apprentices, team leads, Community Group leaders and student leaders to be effective leaders and equippers.
· Continually cast vision for becoming an Equipping Church.
· Build up the quality and quantity of CF Middle School leaders.
· Closely manage/oversee the new student follow up process and assimilation into CF Middle School.
· Ensure that all staff and volunteers are being TAFERR’d effectively.
· As Cornerstone staff you are expected to equip your team (paid and un-paid). Equipping is an active process that allows us to prepare and develop our leaders for successful ministry and personal growth.
· Ensure that the CF Middle School staff (both paid and unpaid) know and can communicate our mission, vision, values for CF Students and Cornerstone as a whole.
· Communicate clearly and consistently with CF Middle School staff, students and parents (meetings, email, social media, videos, print, etc.) and coordinate with communications team for this when applicable.
· Responsible for all budgets pertaining to CF Middle School.
· Oversee and lead all programming for CF Middle School.
· Develop purposeful teaching series for Middle School students that contextualize evangelism and spiritual formation and regularly emphasize Cornerstone’s mission, vision and values.
· Co-lead the Student Ministry Administrative Lead and ensure that he/she has clear expectations and goals consistent with the vision and values of CF Students.
· Care for paid and unpaid staff & their families.
· Create healthy team dynamics with unpaid staff and leaders.
· Create team building opportunities for unpaid staff and leaders.
· Collaborate with CF Students Pastors at other Cornerstone campuses to ensure quality and consistency across multi-site.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Pastoral gifting and experience
· Bachelor’s degree understanding of Biblical Doctrine
· Effective and experienced at equipping ministry leaders
· A growing Christian and regularly attends a Cornerstone life group and weekend services
· Leadership gifting & training experience necessary
· Positive attitude, high integrity, excellent communication skills & works well with others
· Displays Christ-like behavior, treats others with dignity, respect & compassion
· Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Is grace-oriented, has a shepherds heart, a good sense of humor and models humility
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Cornerstone Central, Portals and Social Networks
· The Cornerstone Middle School Leader will occasionally work longer hours during our busy seasons to lead events.
Please visit our website at www.cornerstoneweb.org to learn more about our church.
Middle School Specialist
- Ginghamsburg Church is one movement in two unique locations.
- We embrace all people and are focused on raising up the next generation of Jesus followers and community leaders.
- Worship is our regular way of gathering and celebrating God’s work in our lives.
- Connecting with others through Life Groups is our best strategy for growing deeper, and giving our resources is how we discover our God-given purpose.
- We are a community of people who love Jesus and who do something about it.
- Our 10-year goal is to ensure that no child within our reach goes to bed without faith, family or food.
- More about who we are: https://ginghamsburg.org/what-we-believe/
Interested candidates may submit their résumé and cover letter to:
c/o Ginghamsburg Church
6759 South County Road 25A
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
Or email to email@example.com
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Ginghamsburg Church including membership and worship attendance at Ginghamsburg Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness
- Be a champion for the vision of Ginghamsburg Church and its Family Ministry, live it out, and incorporate it into all events, programs and trainings in area of responsibility.
- Develop, communicate and carry out a specific vision for the Student Ministry, within the framework of the Orange philosophy, that will introduce students to, and strengthen their relationship with, Jesus
- Develop strong relationships with students, volunteers and parents
- Recruit, develop and equip leaders – adults and students – to do the work of the ministry, and provide ongoing coaching
- Equip parents to be the primary disciplers of their kids at home
- Develop and utilize a Parent Advisory Team to help gain feedback and discern the direction of the ministry
- Communicate well and regularly with parents, volunteers, students and church staff
- Organize, publicize and execute large outreach events
- Ensure that students are seen when they are there and missed when they are not – develop system to make this happen
- Execute weekly discipleship programs
- Develop opportunities for students to serve
- Plan and implement trips: missions, camps, retreats, etc.
- Study and consider trends in student ministry
- Work closely with all other Family Ministry areas, and assist with their events as needed
- Develop strong bridges between Kids Ministry and High School Ministry
- Ensure that Safe Sanctuaries guidelines are met
- Develop and execute a plan for Confirmation
- Administrative duties as required, including maintaining servant paperwork, communication requests and logistics.
Education & Experience:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a ministry, education or early childhood development related field.
- Two years plus of hands-on experience and track record of success in working with students and parents in a church setting within Student Ministry.
- Experience in recruiting/leading volunteers.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to an overall staff team “strengths based” environment
- Excellent team-based leadership abilities and ability to influence others
- Understanding of student lifestyle issues and cultural trends
- Ability to set long-range goals for the ministry and implement steps to carry them out
- Great relational skills with adults of all ages and situations
- Pastoral heart for ministry with core value of confidentiality
- Embody the values of the Ginghamsburg Church staff team:
- We are better together.
- We selflessly serve others.
- We lead always and “do” only when necessary.
- We unleash creativity in pursuit of God’s next.
- Complete a felony statement/background /credit check
- Hold current CPR certification (or willing to gain within first 90 day of employment)
- Hold current first-aid certification (or willing to gain within first 90 day of employment)
- Be available for a full-time position including weekends and some evenings
First United Methodist Church in Blue Springs is seeking a full-time Next-Gen Director to begin this fall who will oversee our children’s ministry, First Kids, for ages birth through 5th grade, and our student ministry, Impact Youth, for 6th through 12th grade students. We are searching for a leader who will build up these programs, reach new families, and provide vision and direction with the ultimate goal of helping young people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. We are committed to the Orange curriculum philosophy, believing that when the home and the church work together, we can have a greater impact on the life of a young person.
The ideal candidate for this position is…
- Experienced in children’s and/or student ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity).
- Strategically minded and able to think years down the road.
- Familiar with the Orange curriculum philosophy and United Methodist theology.
- Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others.
- Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others.
- Ideally holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision and discipleship pathway for children and youth from birth through graduation.
- Managing and overseeing the FirstKids Director and Children’s Music Leaders for weekend programming, special events, and children’s music programs.
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee First Kids and Impact Youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for First Kids, Impact Youth, and our confirmation program.
- Attending weekly staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Establishing a communication plan to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
- Keeping up-to-date with “Safe Gatherings” certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
Other Duties Include:
- Developing an annual calendar of events for kids and students with the intention of inviting new families into community at First UMC.
- Planning a summer mission trip and/or camp for Impact Youth
- Staffing childcare needs for church-wide events throughout the year.
- Participating in weekend worship when scheduling allows.
- Being involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
- Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
Lines of Accountability:
The NextGen Director will report to the Lead Pastor for the purpose of work evaluation and review. This position is finally accountable to the Leadership Council of First United Methodist Church and has direct access to that committee when desired. A written copy of employee policies, guidelines, benefits and holidays is on file in the Church office and can be requested.
We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will provide:
- Starting salary begins at $40k with adjustments dependent on experience.
- Medical insurance provided
- At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year.
- Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months)
When you submit your resume and cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Blue Springs, what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position, and your favorite breakfast cereal. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org