The First United Methodist Church, San Angelo, Texas is a traditional and historical downtown church that is heavily invested in raising up bold and godly young leaders. We are currently seeking an experienced, spirit-led individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to lead robust youth mission and ministry programs. Our youth programs are vibrant and growing thanks to years of strong investment from the congregation, community, and a history of faithful leadership.
The ideal candidate has the right balance of experience, commitment, passion and vision for developing godly leaders. If you or someone you know are ready to take your youth ministry calling to the next level, we want to hear from you. Are you ready for what’s next? https://firstmethodist.net/ministries/youth/
Crossroads Church Austin is looking for a full-time student pastor with strong character, excellent relational skills, a clear, specific calling to ministry, and a clear vision for how Crossroads Student Minsitry can reach, disciple, and multiply leaders that fall more in love with Jesus.
The ideal candidate would be a team player who is relationally mature and has experience leading others.
We are looking for someone with:
* Strong biblical and theological acumen
* Experience leading students in the local church
* A proven track record of building volunteer teams
The position is a full-time pastoral staff position with a compensation package commensurate with experience, and will report directly to the Operations Director.
The role of the Student Pastor is to serve in overseeing and coordinating the student ministry (6th-12th grades) at Crossroads. The Student Pastor takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture and character of the student ministry and its volunteers/staff, Crossroads Service Teams, and other people or groups as assigned.
Responsible To: Operations Director
To develop and oversee the student ministry, including:
- Development of mission, vision and core values
- Strategic planning
To partner with parents/guardians of students within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, and assisting them in their influence of students
- Communication of opportunities and needs for engagement
To oversee the student ministry volunteers within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, training and assisting them in their ministries
- Goal setting and evaluation
To oversee the student ministry student leaders within Crossroads Student Ministries including the following:
- Nurturing, encouraging, training and assisting them in living on mission
- Goal setting and evaluation
To oversee the Small Group ministry within Crossroads Student Ministries, including:
- Leadership training
- Leadership recruiting
- Developing new groups
- Over seeing the “On-Deck” circle
To lead and shape the discipleship of the students at Crossroads in our 4 C’s as they make much of Jesus.
- Scope & Sequence of content
- Program a rhythm of ministry that facilitates discipleship
- Program and lead different environments
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Share the vision of Crossroads to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- High capacity multi-tasking individual, comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. (Takes initiative!)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work through conflict biblically.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by someone assigned to this position or classification. This is not to be considered as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel fulfilling this position. All personnel may be required to fulfill responsibilities outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, and as needed.
**Please include results from these three personality tests: 5voices.com, 16 personalities.com, & the Enneagram Test Results from Truity.com and email to email@example.com