ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
The Bridge Teen Center is an innovative, nationally-recognized nonprofit teen community center that provides FREE holistically-designed afterschool programs and events for 7th-12th grade students. We were founded on and are driven by our Christian principles; and we provide a fast-paced, family-like work environment.
Since 2010, we have served more than 7,300 different students from 128 neighboring communities. We host an average of 200-400 students per week, and offer over 350 different programs and events per year. We receive no government funding, raising our entire $850,000+ operating budget through a diverse base of private support.
The Director of Student Engagement and Operations reports directly to the Founder and Executive Director as the co-lead (alongside the Director of Programming) of the Program Team. This position is part of our leadership team, overseeing day-to-day operations of the organization, mentoring student leaders and interns, taking the lead on engaging new and existing students, and providing key support for programs and events. For a complete PDF version of the position description, please use the following link.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required with a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant youth work experience, including 3+ years of experiencing leading a team. We are seeking someone with a genuine call to work with students long-term, not as a stepping stone. Must be passionate about loving and serving teenagers, with a strong desire to grow in that service outside the church walls. Applicants are asked to submit a resume and professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls or visits.
WILL SERVE AS THE LEAD ON:
1. Responsible for student engagement efforts, including tours for new prospective families, representing The Bridge in the community at outreach events, executing elements of the Student Retention Plan and Student Care Plan related to engaging student members, and consistently seeking creative and intentional ways to keep students plugged in (with support from the Marketing Department and Director of Programming).
2. Responsible for maintaining a consistent presence and fostering our welcoming and relational culture on the floor during afterschool hours. This includes having one weekly scheduled day to personally lead the floor. Afterschool hours are on T, W, Th; with daily attendance varying from 25-100 depending on semester and program schedule.
3. Oversight of the LeadU leadership program series, including conducting programs, review and updating of content, group scheduling and school relations, participant follow-up, and set-up (reaches 500+ students annually).
4. Provide leadership support and creative input to the Director of Programming in planning and execution of program events, including weekly Friday nights and 3 annual Signature Events. Will serve as lead on annual summer “Guys Night In” event. Signature events attract an average of 125-175 students.
5. Ongoing leadership of program interns and summer staff, including required human resources elements (in partnership with the Volunteer Coordinator), day-to-day management, and training (with support from Director of Programming).
6. Ownership of the Student Ambassador program, a small group of hand-selected high school students who assist with programs, events, and outreach opportunities. Includes recruitment, ongoing training and development, relationship building, scheduling, and management of the related scholarship program.
7. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the facility, including open and closing procedures, communicating required maintenance needs, and performing basic tasks related to keeping the facility efficient and operational.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEAM MEMBER INCLUDE:
1. Regularly pray for the organization, our students, leadership, volunteers, and our community as a whole.
2. Keep students “top of mind” – striving to consistently build relationships and challenge student growth.
3. Prior to opening our doors for students, make sure we are set-up for success and ready to provide students with a meaningful and thoughtful experience each day.
4. Provide support to the Director of Programming in the execution of our multi-tiered Student Care Plan, including actively participating in and following intake procedures as required (including parent consultations), and ongoing contact with parents and students as required.
5. Build relationships with a wide variety of volunteers, actively seeking “teachable moments” as it relates to connecting with students, leading students, and correcting/modifying behavior.
6. As one of our leaders, actively participate in and help “drive” Program Team Meetings, Gladiator Meetings, and Monday AM Prayer Meetings.
7. Support The Bridge’s annual service events and fundraising events as assigned.
8. Will work 2-3 Friday nights per month (3-11PM; scheduled in advance each semester).
9. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
1. A heart that is committed to pouring into the lives of teenagers.
2. True passion for the concept and mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
3. A natural ability to speak publicly and engage teens, parents and other adults.
4. A desire to be part of an entity that brings community together.
5. A heart for meeting people where they are at, not where we want them to be.
6. Heart for building/developing leaderships skills in others.
7. Strong organization and time management skills.
8. Strong and positive communication skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
9. Ability to lead, motivate and encourage others.
10. Outgoing, high energy, excited to come to work.
11. Ability to be a forward thinker, think outside the box, and not rest in routine.
12. Outwardly-focused and team-oriented mentalities.
13. Willingness to go the extra mile and work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
14. Ability to seek solutions and clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
15. Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
16. Ability to develop authentic relationships with a wide variety of audiences.
17. Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
18. Sense of humor.
Candidates selected to move forward in our process will take a personality survey, be asked for personal and professional references, and participate in multiple interviews with staff and leadership.
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Package includes employer-paid health benefits (for employee only, with option to purchase family benefits at cost), a retirement plan (IRA that is employer-matched up to 3%), plus a generous paid time off package (total of 18 days, excluding holidays The Bridge is closed).
Information about YouthWorks
Are you looking for a job that develops your leadership skills, builds your resume, puts you in cross-cultural settings, and even pays you? YouthWorks is a Christian, nonprofit organization that provides Christ-centered mission trips for more than 20,000 teenagers and adult leaders in over 40 communities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Our staff has been creating mission trip experiences for teenagers and adult leaders for more than 25 years. We continue to hire college and post-college-age staff to be on the front lines leading this ministry on each of our sites. In the midst of managing around 70 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their relational and organizational skills, and deepen their faith. All of our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas.
Facilitate ministry experiences as you manage your mission site. Mentor and supervise 3-4 Site Coordinators. Assist with daily service and ministry projects. Manage finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Complete, submit, and mail weekly paperwork, or including finances, evaluations and other paperwork as specified. Oversee the safety of your mission site. Provide leadership for adult leaders and help them process their mission week as they experience it alongside their youth. Continue to develop, build and protect community relationships and partnerships within the community you serve.
• College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience
• Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
• Desire to serve the Church
• Able to relate to youth
• Model servant leadership
• Have a teachable spirit
• Previous leadership experience
• Ability to lead a team
• Management experience/ability
• Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
• Previous experience managing a budget is helpful but not required
Site Coordinator Positions
· Ministry Support Coordinator: Connect with youth on site. Support teammates in planned service projects. Coordinate cultural and relational activities for youth. Plan and facilitate evening worship, sharing, processing, and interaction with provided theme materials.
· Community Service Coordinator: Partner with service organizations. Implement service schedules provided by YouthWorks. Coordinate logistics and execute back-up plans when needed. Serve alongside youth.
· Kids Club Coordinator: Coordinate a daily Kids Club for children ages 5-10, with the help of youth and adult leader volunteers (create crafts, plan games, practice songs and implement the Kids Club curriculum provided by YouthWorks).
· Work Projects Coordinator: Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects. Partner with community members, set up and complete projects, and manage crews of youth and their adult leaders throughout the day.
· Utility Support Coordinator: May begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position. Equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams.
· At least one year out of high school
· Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
· Able to handle responsibility
· Leadership experience
· Value youth
· Passionate about serving
· See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
Site Director: $4,250 + food/gas/housing
Site Coordinator: $2,750 + food/gas/housing
The dates for full-summer employment are May 25-August 7, 2019.
Presbyterian Church of Western Springs (PCWS) is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. PCWS has over 325 members with 100 people in attendance during Sunday worship with approximately 25 youth on the rolls. There has been much change in the staff at PCWS in the past few years and, with the arrival of a new called pastor last August, we are now working to rebuild our program staff to support the ongoing ministries and to creatively work to establish new ministries. This is an exciting time in the life of a congregation that has faithfully served the community for nearly 65 years.
PCWS has a long history of youth ministry for both middle school and high school students. Many of our adult members were once students in the youth programs and have had children graduate through the programs. This rich history provides both challenges and opportunities. Our next Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) will be tasked with supporting existing programs while also identifying ways that the program can be changed to fit current trends and philosophies of youth ministry. While many people are attached to “the way things have always been,” the candidate for this position will need to be sensitive to this while also confident enough to guide the congregation into the next chapter of innovative youth ministry at PCWS.
Working closely with the pastor, the candidate will design and implement programs for middle school and high school that focus on the following areas: faith formation/education, worship, fellowship, and mission. Weekly gatherings are expected to include elements of learning, worship, and fellowship (recognizing that there will be exceptions to this pattern). This will be new for many of the youth as they have been accustomed to a primary focus on fellowship/fun during monthly or twice-monthly gatherings. In addition to weekly youth group gatherings, separate opportunities for Bible study, fellowship, and mission will also need to be planned and executed. This includes a week-long high school mission trip.
The DYM will be expected to be in worship on Sunday mornings and assist in worship periodically while also encouraging the involvement of youth in worship leadership and in attendance. Currently, we offer Sunday School for middle school students twice a month. Our plan is to continue to do this with the DYM teaching one Sunday per month and a volunteer teaching the other.
As part of their approach to youth ministry, the DYM should consider building relationships with the youth of the church a top priority. This involves attending sporting events, performances, and other opportunities to show support to the youth, in addition to being available for conversation, counseling, and fun. The youth ministry components of this position are expected to be approximately 3/4 time. In order to make this position full-time, we are open to finding the right match between our needs and the skills/interests of the candidate.
Our priority is finding someone who is the right candidate for the DYM position, and after that, if full-time employment is desired by the candidate, we will discuss whether some combination of the following ministry areas would be appropriate for the candidate:
– Children’s Ministry (Sunday School coordination and planning and special events)
– Church Life
– Adult Education/Ministry
– Young Adult/College Ministry
This structure provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a youth ministry focus to explore other areas of interest and ministry. A final job description for the individual will be crafted with the candidate.
Based on the above description of the position, the ideal candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an enthusiastic and experienced youth worker with an ongoing passion for youth ministry. They should be able to work with limited supervision and require minimal administrative support. The candidate will be a partner in ministry with the Pastor, The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian, who started his call at PCWS in August 2018. This position is an opportunity to join the ministry team in the early stages with opportunities for significant input and leadership.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibility. While this position is not a called/installed position, ordained candidates or candidates in the Presbyterian Church (USA) ordination process are encouraged to contact us to discuss your interest and individual situation.
Learn more about our church and programs at presbyws.org and we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about the position and search, please contact The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian at 708-505-5409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join the team leading this dynamic and mission motivated congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC that has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. Advent United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries who is ready to lead a thriving Student Ministry program (200+ students and 60+ adult volunteers) driving the spiritual formation and growth of Advent students (Grades 7th-12th). Advent UMC is the 10th largest UMC congregation in South Carolina with a mission for growth.
Our overall Church mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At Advent we embrace this mission and believe that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. We strongly believe that it is our mission to pour into the lives of our youth and their families, while emboldening and empowering them to be disciples within and outside our church walls.
We seek an inspired, positive and enthusiastic, yet humble leader who can work effectively as a key member of the Advent staff team. This opportunity is perfect for that individual who has demonstrated experience in reaching and inspiring students, ages 12 – 18, and who is ready to take our successful Advent Student Ministry program to the next level. Innovating, planning and leading weekly youth programming and special events for our students, while building relationships with youth within and outside Advent UMC is an integral part of this key role. In addition, the Director will serve as a mentor to our Assistant Director of Student Ministry, and both will be responsible for recruiting and equipping our outstanding team of adult volunteers. The Student Ministry team also includes the Director of Contemporary Music, who oversees, mentors and influences the Cross youth band and Crescendo youth choir.
The Director should have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle inside and outside of church. Key candidate attributes should include a college degree, relevant and measurable ministry experience and a demonstrated passion and love for Student Ministry.
If this opportunity is calling to you, please come check us out at www.advent-umc.org, and see what Advent UMC and Advent Student Ministries is all about!!
This Director position is Full Time, year-round and Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STUDENTMINISTRY@ADVENT-UMC.ORG
Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Adventure of a Lifetime! Join our Traveling Presenter Team, impacting students, and getting paid for it!
Camfel Productions is a Christian, non-profit, multi-media production company based in Irwindale, California. We specialize in producing character-building resources for schools across the nation. Our three-screen assemblies are seen by roughly two million students each year.
We strive to motivate and encourage students to be the best they can be by first understanding and acknowledging the problems they face on a daily basis, and then by offering solutions in a format, they can relate to.
We are currently hiring for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. If you have ever thought about traveling the country, impacting youth, and getting paid for it, then come join us for the experience of a lifetime.
No prior technical experience is necessary. We will train you. We supply new presenters with all the information and skills needed to set up and run our assemblies. We train you in everything you need to know to be a successful Camfel Presenter. We provide transportation, food reimbursement, and lodging.
We want to make sure you are a great fit for this position. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, work hard, and motivated people who are passionate about the mission of the company and stepping into new experiences.
If you have a family or any other large commitments at home, this may not be the job for you. If you’re a Christian, single, or married with no children, and looking to impact students while having one of the most memorable times of your life, we’ve got the job for you.
All you need is a clean driving and criminal record, be at least 18 years old, have a heart for students, a strong work ethic, and a love for travel. This is a four-month, to approx. ten-month paid position that will begin August 1, 2019, and potentially lasts until the end of May of the following year.
Please take a look at our Job page at http://www.camfel.com/pages/jobs/ for more detailed information or feel free to call us today. We’d love to answer any questions you might have! We desire to hire the best individuals we can and if you’re interested in applying please complete the application online at http://camfel.com/pages/jobs_application.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Hiring Search Committee
15709 Arrow Highway #2
Irwindale, CA 91706
626-960-6922 Ext. 102
The Student Ministry Director will have a passion for student ministry and work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch students into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Students strategy that draws students to Menlo Church and guides them into discipleship to Jesus
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly student worship experiences for a Wednesday evening program
- Oversee Student Ministry Life Groups
- Build a relational & effective Student Ministry Team, including student leaders, Life Group leaders, and a volunteer worship/tech team
- Plan and organize events and camps as needed
- Work collaboratively with other San Mateo campus staff for an integrated ministry to all ages
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 2 years of experience
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as, part of a team
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
…SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN PEOPLE
This position works alongside the Lead Student Pastor and serves as support to the Student Ministry of Community Church of Greenwood. The individual is responsible for the overall programming of Middle School Hangout, recruitment and investment of leaders, and care of students and families.
As a member of our Student Ministry team, this individual will experience a unique ministry opportunity as we strive to make a great Kingdom impact through our 82,000 square foot sports and fitness facility, The Gathering Place. Each year hundreds of middle and high school students and families enter through our doors that do not have a church home. The position will actively engage with the community and help them make connections to environments for sustained spiritual growth.
- Team Recruitment and Leadership
- Regularly recruit leaders to be the primary ministers to students and families
- Provide care for leaders on a regular basis
- Planning and Programming
- Support the visioning, leadership, and planning of all Middle School Ministry (MSM) programming and events that align with overall student ministry
- Oversee the planning and execution of weekly MS Hangout programming
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the middle school ministry
- Connect and care for middle school students and their families
- Connections with Church and The Gathering Place
- Create pathways for students and families to connect from MS Hangout to Sunday morning programming
- Develop and execute plans for students transitioning from KidNation to MSM
- Staff Collaboration
- Establish and maintain healthy collaboration with the Gathering Place Staff to coordinate scheduling and needs
- Invest in the overall vision of Community Church of Greenwood as a member of the staff by building healthy collaboration and communication
- Work along-side the Lead Student Pastor to cast vision and plan for the Student Ministry
- Community Communication
- Expand community connections to leverage MS Hangout’s impact in our community
- Develop and execute strategy for consistent communication to students, parents, and community
- Communicate and engage with parents on a consistent basis to ensure their needs are known and met
What to expect
- Real-life ministry experience equipping you for a life of Kingdom impact in an exciting and growing ministry
- Consistent one-on-one coaching and care focused on helping you grow in ministry understanding and growth as a Jesus-follower
- Life-giving community as a member of a growing ministry team committed to helping each other succeed
- This is a part-time position at 25-29 hours per week
- A ministry degree or ministry experience
- Genuine love for and desire to minister to students
- On mission with the mission and vision of Community Church of Greenwood
Are you the next member of our team? Apply through this site or by emailing email@example.com including a cover letter that will show us who you are beyond the resume. Include any social media usernames, links to videos of you teaching, or content you’ve created.
The Youth Ministry of FUMC Jasper is looking for a Summer Youth Intern to join our ministry to Junior High & High School students. This is a paid position. The intern will report to the Youth Director, assisting in the ministry of FUMC Jasper’s youth program, and will be involved in the planning & implementation of youth events, including:
– High School Mission Trip (UM Army)
– Potential Local Mission/Service Projects
– Summer Camp (at Lakeview Methodist Christian Camp)
– Weekly Youth Programming
– End-of-Summer Retreat & Other Special Events.
We are looking for a college-age adult who is interested in pursuing a vocational ministry career–those candidates who are specifically interested in youth ministries will be given priority. Training will also be provided.
Dates: May 15th – August 15th (slight flexibility in start/end date at the discretion of the Youth Director)
Hours: 35-40 hours per week, plus camp, mission trips & special events
Pay: $300 / week for 12 weeks–$3600 total for the summer
Stay: Housing is Provided
Note: There is also a small dedicated intern reimbursement budget for ministry-incurred expenses such as meals purchased during youth trips (etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested? Email your resume, including a cover letter, to the address below. Cover letter can be a short paragraph or two on why you are interested in serving as a summer youth intern at First United Methodist Church in Jasper, TX. Questions? Feel free to call (409) 384-5735
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vineyard Church is committed to investing in the youth of our area, and is seeking a dynamic individual to lead that effort. The Youth Ministry Director is a full time position, responsible for leading and growing our ministry to middle school and high school students. Working with committed volunteer leaders, this person will integrate the students into the life of Vineyard Church, foster their spiritual growth and formation, and develop their sense of community with one another. The Youth Ministry Director will actively engage in outreach and relational engagement with students in the surrounding communities.
We are seeking someone who loves youth ministry, and is committed to it long term. In addition to a BS/BA degree and at least 1 to 3 years of youth ministry experience, we are looking for someone with exceptional communication and team building skills.
Vineyard Church is a growing community on the northern edge of the Milwaukee metro area. Our average Sunday attendance is about 300 people.
Central is located in Elk River, Minnesota and is a community of people seeking to explore, discover, and live in the ways of Jesus. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus, and all that we do flows out from our desire to BE connected to Jesus, GROW together, SERVE others, and SHARE the good news.
Our Student Ministries encompasses all 6th – 12th graders (anywhere from 150-250 kids, depending on the year) and is driven by our 35+ adult volunteer leaders. Our hope is to introduce kids to Jesus and take them deeper in their faith through worship gatherings, adult mentoring, camps and trips, Confirmation, and other experiences designed to awaken young people to the love of God in Christ Jesus.
The Director of Student Ministries will oversee all of our ministry to 6th graders through 12th graders at Central. This includes recruiting and training adult volunteers, overseeing our Echo worship gatherings, leading camps and trips throughout the year, directing our Confirmation program, and maintaining a loving presence in the Elk River community through contact ministry.
What Kind of Person We’re Looking For (qualifications):
· Someone committed to following Jesus and making disciples of Jesus
· A college degree (further continuing education is available)
· Previous ministry experience is preferred, but not required
· Someone who is humble, hungry, and smart. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn and grow, who is self-motivated and an initiator, and someone with proper skills and giftings to oversee the ministry.
· Full time position with commensurate salary and benefits
· Please submit resume with cover letter, and any inquiries, to Rachel Pederson at email@example.com