Eternal Life Baptist Church is looking for a called and committed bi-vocational youth pastor to lead our church’s efforts to minister to children and teens in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has experience ministering to teens, children and parents, as well as experience in recruiting and managing volunteers and equipping youth for ministry. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds. We are a healthy, growing church and we fully expect this to grow into a full time position. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth between ages 6 to 18.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth and children’s ministry.
- Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our church and community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages children and youth.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministries.
- Regularly report to the senior pastor about developments in the youth and children’s ministries.
- Plan and oversee all summer camping activities the church’s youth participate in.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Work with the senior pastor to review all curriculum used by the church’s children’s and teen ministries and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Verifiable experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Ability to pass a mandatory background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2;Titus 1:5-9).