Senior High Associate Youth Minister
First United Methodist Church Rockwall, TX
FUMC Rockwall is seeking a part-time Sr. High Associate Youth Minister to minister with youth & their families – especially helping guide, teach & lead youth from 9th – 12th grade.
Responsibilities to include weekly administrative planning, present Sundays, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, implementation of Sr. High Sunday School & UMYF Sunday evenings, & yearly events such as retreats, mission trips, & fellowship outings – increased responsibilities through summer months.
Full job description can be at http://www.fumcrockwall.com/sh-associate-youth-minister/.
For more information and to apply submit resume to
Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth
firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-771-5500 x22
The role of the associate pastor is: to provide leadership, guidance, and training and to foster the growth of our church; to strengthen & grow the church’s music & technology ministries; to preach during primary worship times and to lead and strengthen the outreach of our church, especially in the local neighborhoods.
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Other Major Relationships: Maintain good, effective working relationships and cooperate actively with the other church staff and members to ensure that the objectives of the church are met.
- Regularly share the duties of teaching during the worship service, with an engaging, Biblically sound, and applicable explanation of Biblical texts and topics
- Nurture relationships, especially with younger families and younger adults, providing leadership, training and fellowship.
- Oversee the outreach team and provide leadership, creativity and follow-through to increase the robustness of outreach in our church.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the overall programming for the church, aiding in special projects, performing weddings and funerals, and implementing special assignments by the Senior Pastor.
- As needed, assist in the pastoral care needs and visits of the congregation
- Operate the visuals and sound for Sunday worship services.
- Oversee, train, and schedule volunteers to run visuals and sound for Sunday worship services and other various events.
- Give advice for the overall visual and sound ministry
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- Pastoral experience and/or teaching experience
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and projection
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude
Woodlake United Methodist Church in Chesterfield, Virginia, is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministries to oversee programs and special events for sixth-eighth graders in our middle school ministry. The Associate Director will also engage in high school ministry and general youth ministry initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Youth Ministries. Woodlake’s middle and high school ministries are designed to provide opportunities to build faith communities among peer groups and with adult mentors with the goal of leading youth to know God and live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
This role is part of a cohesive Next Gen ministry for children and youth from birth to high school graduation so they may INVITE others that they may live in the life-changing power of knowing Jesus, ENGAGE with others as we “do life together” while digging deeper into what it means to follow Jesus, and SERVE both inside and outside our walls to offer hope to a world that desperately needs it.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
The Director of Student Ministries is to develop, implement, direct and monitor quality programs of Christian Education for 6th grade through 18 years of age utilizing administrative and spiritual gifts. This position embodies that of a teacher, encourager, enabler, trainer, and counselor.
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Love and genuine concern for age appropriate youth
Prior experience working with and planning activities for youth and their families and/or enjoy being with them
High integrity and moral character
Good organizational skills
Communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Ability to play and/or teach worship music that youth enjoy, preferred
Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Christian Education, preferred
Valid driver’s license and good driving record
WORK HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
This is a full-time position requiring at least 40 hours per week. Regular office hours should be kept, but some flexibility is allowed, due to the nature of the position.
The salary of the Director of Student Ministries shall be recommended by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and approved by the Charge Conference of the local church.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Give oversight and direction to all areas of student ministry for youth in 6th grade through 18 years of age.
Program responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, UMY, Sunday School, UM Army, Bible studies, retreats, and fundraisers etc.
Shall work closely with the Minister of Music in areas of youth ministry that shall include music
Shall work closely with the Nurture Ministry area, the youth council, and the youth coordinator in the recruitment and training of teachers, counselors, and chaperons in youth ministry, and the organizing and implementation of the student ministries
Will execute all administrative responsibilities needed to perform such duties as, but not exclusively, developing recommended annual budget for youth ministries and maintaining and reporting records of expenses in all areas of youth ministry.
Coordinate with program secretary, the ordering of literature and supplies necessary for excellence in quality of Christian education for student ministries.
Store and maintain supplies and resources for student ministries
Attend staff meetings
Promote congregational and community awareness of student ministries programs through various media including the church newsletter and local papers
Assist in worship as needed
The Director of Student Ministries is strongly encouraged to participate in professional organizations in the area of Student Ministries and Christian Education at the District and Conference levels and beyond
Maintain a program for personal and professional study and growth
Utilize spiritual and personal gifts for general pastoral work of the church in coordination with the Senior Pastor
Area of Work-related to: Nurture
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Please send resumes and references to Rev. Jim Flagg at email@example.com
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Memphis Theological Seminary
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 1
Email Dea Wathen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
First United Methodist Church, Decatur Alabama is seeking a full-time director of children’s ministry. We will hire a highly motivated Christian educator who will provide leadership for our children’s ministry including program development, worship, outreach, and missions. This person will also have daily interaction with children and parents in First Grace, our child development center. Vital to the success of our children’s department is a director who is able to work as part of a team, delegate, mentor, and grow church volunteers. In addition to weekday office hours, work hours will include Sundays and Wednesday evenings, as well as additional evenings and weekends as needed to supervise programming.
- Four-year college degree, and/or advanced training in Children’s Ministry
- Experience leading children using creative ideas to strengthen their faith
- Ability to expand the touch of the church using communication and technology.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, have a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record. Before being hired, applicants will be required to complete a background and credit check.
Decatur, Alabama is a family-friendly city on the banks of the Tennessee River approximately 20 miles west of Huntsville. The church has about 200 active families and a growing children’s department. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES (FULL-TIME)
Overview: The Director of Student Ministries helps the student ministry accomplish its mission of connecting students and families to the Gospel of Jesus Christ by overseeing a ministry that seeks to help every 6th grade through 12thgrade student in the Clearbranch student database make steps toward deeper maturity in Christ, by building a student ministry that fulfills the mission and values of the church.
The Director of Student Ministries will be accountable to and report to the Associate Pastor.
A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience are preferred.
Description and Responsibilities:
● Develop and maintain a program that engages a growing number of Junior High and Senior High students weekly.
● Plan and promote all major events and weekly programming in such a way that the targeted number of students participate.
● The Director of Student Ministries should know the names of every youth and parent on the rolls.
● Utilization of the MIA (Missing In Action) program, in regards to student and adult volunteers, in order to maintain engagement and reduce attrition.
● Participation and oversight of quarterly contact with all students in the Student Ministry database.
● Involvement in, and oversight of, members of the student ministry leadership team’s face-to-face contact with every student in the database at least once a year.
● The Director of Student Ministries is visible at student events once a week during the school year, and volunteer leaders have been invited to accompany him/her at those visits.
● All weekly student ministry volunteers are recruited no later than one month before
they are to begin serving.
● All weekly student ministry volunteers complete an application and receive training
before they serve in the student ministry. They also receive ongoing training and
● The Director of Student Ministries meets personally with each weekly student ministry volunteer at least once a year, and checks in with them at least quarterly.
● Control documents are developed and distributed in a timely fashion (the student ministry calendar, calendar requests, event and trip registration forms, etc.).
● Compliance documents are updated, distributed, and adhered to by all involved
parties (copyright licensing, background checks on volunteers and staff, etc.).
● One-year benchmarks determined by the student ministry leadership are met.
● Communication through social media, newsletters, etc. will be maintained and kept current.
● Communication with parents takes place, both written and in-person, leaving the
avenues of communication open for concerns and suggestions of parents to be brought
to the table.
● Students who do not typically attend worship are sought out and invited to sit with the
Youth Director and students during the services.
● The church staff, particularly the Lead Pastor, have been communicated with in such a
way that they are informed and enthusiastically supportive of the priorities and
programs of the youth ministry.
● An energetic, engaging, and creative small group program for 6th – 12th graders is built and implemented.
● An exceptional and personal follow-up to all first-time visitors happens within a week of
● Problems in the student ministry are trouble-shot in a way that honors the
concerns of those who brought them, and offered timely, creative solutions to problems.
● The “in-between the cracks” needs of the student ministry are handled in a professional and timely manner, including: bulletin boards, photography, attendance, newsletters, bulletin and church school announcementsforms and registration
● Bible studies are taught and led in such a way that a volunteer always shares
the responsibility for that part of the ministry.
● The Director of Student Ministries is informed or sought out for any special victories, concerns or challenges, or hospitalizations being faced by the student and his or her family and, as often as reasonable, passes that information on to the student leaders for personal follow up.
● An annual youth ministry budget is created, submitted, and adhered to.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Recruitment, leadership, equipping, delegating, organization, administration, relates well with teens and their families.
Interim Youth Director – Linworth United Methodist Church
The Interim Youth Director is tasked with overseeing a fruitful youth ministry at Linworth United Methodist Church (LUMC). This position will work within a framework that encourages and informs a faith journey from youth into adulthood.
This is a contract position that will conclude upon the hire of a permanent staff member to cover responsibilities or August 31, 2020 (whichever comes first). The Interim Youth Director is welcome to apply for any iteration of the permanent posting for which they qualify. The Interim Youth Director reports to the Senior Pastor and will have access to the Staff/Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) via her/his liaison. This is a 15-20 hr./week position. The supervision of this program would fit the criteria for field education/seminary coursework (please note this need when applying).
Education and Experience:
– The Interim Youth Director will have a high school diploma and an undergraduate degree in ministry and/or education related fields.
– The Interim Youth Director will pass and maintain background checks/fingerprint records.
– Implement existing programs/events within the youth ministry program
– Participate in the assessment of the fruitfulness of existing youth ministry programs/events
– Keep active students engaged and reach out to students who disengage or have not been present in church/programing
– Be present and visible in the worshiping community of LUMC on Sunday mornings
– Lead major events such as mission trips and retreats with youth group and volunteers, including but not limited to: Fall retreat (Nov. 8-10), Winter Lock-In (Jan. 31), CSM Mission Trip (date T.B.D.)
– Assist in the implementation of the confirmation curriculum
– Oversee weekly program for Linworth Youth Fellowship and Youth Sunday School (This includes empowering youth leaders within the congregation to teach more sessions)
– Be available as a mentor to youth and families in offering spiritual guidance
– Plan and execute youth fellowship and service opportunities throughout the year (ex: canoe/kayak trip, Clippers game, Christmas party, brunch, Trunk or Treat, etc.)
– Coordinate volunteers and events to ensure healthy support for youth ministry at LUMC
– Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
– Be present at and supportive of the garage sales and other outreach based, community focused events
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume (with references) and cover letter to
Rev. Anna Guillozet, Senior Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13th.
To serve as a spiritual leader, role model, and champion of youth while integrating youth ministry throughout the church.
Location: Denton, Texas
Hours: Maintain part-time schedule (20-25 hours/week with flexible hours) meeting youth program needs, assisting and participating along with Children’s and Music Ministry staff and in coordination with Senior Pastor during at least one worship service and the Sunday school hour.
Responsibilities and Goals: The Director of Youth Ministries supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values to develop a thriving United Methodist youth ministries program and providing programming and spiritual guidance for junior and senior high youth. The Director works with the Senior Pastor, staff members, the congregation, junior and senior high youth and their families to develop and implement programming for preparing our youth to become leaders within the church and their community.
Specific duties and tasks of the position
· Lead and teach youth Sunday school as well as lead the Wednesday and Sunday night youth programming
· Recruit youth from TUMC and the community to participate in youth ministry
· Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to develop and teach confirmation class for middle school and high school. Provide leadership beyond the classroom by equipping mentors, encouraging parental support, and challenging confirmands to fully participate in the journey
· Work with the youth to set an annual calendar of activities and events
· Develop and support the planning and execution of events that encompass a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group/team building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach
· Empower and mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
· Encourage youth in developing their relationship with God
· Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their community and world
· Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget
· Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratio
· Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth at TUMC and in the community
· Establish and maintain strong and timely communication with the church staff and leadership, parents, youth and congregation as a whole
· Ensure that Ministry Safe (child protection policy) is observed in all youth ministry settings
· Incorporate music as an element of youth ministry either through personal talent or talents of others within the church community including working closely with our Praise Band (plays primarily at contemporary Refuel service (9:45 am)
· Attendance at weekly staff meeting and worship planning meetings
· Travel is required several times throughout the year for mission trips, weekend retreats and youth activities
· Provide sermon leadership once per quarter at contemporary (Refuel 9:45 am) and provide support for contemporary Refuel Service (9:45 am) worship service as needed to support pastor
· Pastor may provide additional tasks that are consistent with the job description and can reasonably be expected to be accomplished within the position’s work hours (20-25 hours/week)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology
2. Must know and believe that the mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
3. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is a preferred requirement. A Professional Certification in Youth Ministry is a preferred requirement.
4. Experience at United Methodist Churches is preferred, but not required.
5. Desired qualities:
A. visionary leadership and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
B. excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer/technology skills including social media and the ability to use church-related software
C. possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, their families, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
· Administrate the Sunday morning Children’s Church, and nursery each week, overseeing ages preschool through 4th grade during each of our worship services.
· Encourage participation by all children and families in our ministries, fostering a joyous atmosphere of inclusion and growth in knowledge of God’s love.
· Prepare lesson plans and resources for teachers for each of the classrooms prior to Sundays.
· In consultation with Pastor and Children’s Ministries teachers select and implement age-appropriate Christian curriculum.
· Host training events for teachers and helpers throughout the year.
· Recruit new teachers, helpers, nursery care volunteers and special events volunteers.
· Assist with oversight and running of special events associated with Children’s Ministries, “Fun for Kids” monthly gatherings, and seasonal offerings like Summer Vacation Bible School, Bible Sunday and the Christmas Pageant.
· Participate in regular meetings with Pastor and staff and attend monthly Church Leadership Team gatherings.
· Oversee our Safe Church policies to ensure children are in a safe environment.
· Regularly communicate with teachers, Pastor, staff, leadership and families regarding Children’s Ministries, needs and opportunities.
· Join with other staff and lay leadership as an ambassador for Cornerstone and our ministries, which we may continue to serve God, to love our neighbors, and to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Past experience in Christian Children’s and/or Family Ministries including leadership examples; Bachelors-level education or higher, preferably in Christian education, Children’s education or Early Child Development; an evident passion for God and for encouraging others to grow in Christ; Excellent verbal and written communication; General computing skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and basic email and social media; Strong organizational and people skills; Ability to multi-task; a Servant’s attitude; Familiarity with The United Methodist Church. Responsibility and dependability essential. This is a motivated, relational individual, who can work with a large base of both volunteers and staff.
Sunday Mornings typically 8:30am-1:00pm, in addition to other Children’s Ministries events, seasonal practices, Cornerstone special events, staff meetings and preparatory hours, both on and off site.
Totaling 20-30 hours a week
Submit resume and cover letter