Dallas First United Methodist Church, located in Paulding County, is looking for an energetic and dedicated person to serve as our Youth Director. We are seeking candidates for this position who will work with our students, families, and community, to further develop and grow our existing student ministry that serves students in grades 6th – 12th.
This is a part-time position that we hope will grow as the youth ministry flourishes to reach new families. The ideal candidate for this position would have a basic understanding of the United Methodist Church and our theology, especially our Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures. Candidates must also be comfortable leading and teaching students about the Christian faith as well as be willing to lead students in missions that serve outside the walls of our church.
Applicants must be comfortable speaking and teaching in group settings, skilled in planning a program calendar, and willing to build meaningful relationships middle school and high school students.
All interested candidates should send their resume, complete with work history and references to Mr. David Holt, SPRC Chairman, at email@example.com or contact the church office for more information at (770) 445-2509.
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Memphis Theological Seminary
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 1
Email Dea Wathen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Assistant Minister to Students
Roswell Student Ministries exists to lead students to ENCOUNTER Jesus Christ and RESPOND with their lives. We are looking for someone to help us fulfill that mission and join our team as the Assistant Minister to Students. RSM is the Student Ministry of Roswell UMC in beautiful Roswell, GA.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
* Loves Jesus! (Committed, passionate disciple of Jesus Christ)
* Excited to be in Youth Ministry and not a stepping stone to the next thing (understands or discerning a call to student ministry)
* Understands and willing to do what it takes to do life with students (cultivates relational ministry)
* Great work ethic, don’t have to worry if they are working when they’re not in the office (integrity)
* Able to juggle many tasks at once (multi-tasker)
* Once given proper direction, they can take a task to completion with sufficient guidance (not micro-managed)
* Desires to use their passions in ministry (spiritually gifted)
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you’d be a good fit for our team to Suzanne Denton, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include 3 references, as well.
If you’d like more information on the position, check out our website for a more comprehensive listing of the position and information about our awesome community. Once we receive your resume, we will be in touch with next steps.
Also, check out our website and social media platforms for more about our ministry and the awesome community you’d be joining:
Student Ministry- www.roswellstudentministry.com
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter- @roswellstudents
The role of the Student Ministry Worship Coordinator is to lead authentic, energetic, and engaging worship for Middle School and High School students. This team member will lead and develop student musicians to be a part of the worship band for student programming.
Part-Time: $20/hr for 20hrs/week
Worship Leading Responsibilities:
1. Oversee all musical aspects including song selection, creation of charts and materials, and the overall onstage worship leading presence.
2. Schedule and train the student band and singers so they are prepared for the worship service.
3. Oversee the set up and execution of technical elements for all programming (sound, lights, video).
4. Develop and work with volunteers to help with setting up of worship equipment, running ProPresenter, and checking sound.
5. Collaborate with the Student Ministries team to come up with creative elements and programming for all services.
Additional Weekly Responsibilities:
1. Attend weekly Student Staff meetings
2. Meet with students on the worship team during the week to continue developing their musical talents.
3. Be present and available to meet with any student to encourage them on their spiritual journey.
1. Love for seeing students have a real and authentic relationship with Jesus
2. Strong personal faith
4. Team builder and recruiter
5. Fun and energetic both on and off stage
SEND RESUME TO STUDENT MINISTRY DIRECTOR MICHAEL AGNEW – MAGNEW@STANDREWUMC.ORG
The primary responsibility of this position is to help Lakewood UMC students become fully formed disciples of Christ by reaching, connecting, growing, and sending students to make disciples. Click here for how this position will practice this primary responsibility in the Student Ministry at Lakewood UMC
This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits, 401k, and paid vacation.
Interested applicants should send cover letters, resumes, and contact info for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 32+ hour position will oversee all aspects of youth ministry (6th-12th grades) for Concord Trinity UMC in St. Louis which has more than 50 active youth and a dozen adult volunteers. Our next Youth Ministries Director will continue to grow our safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for students to explore, express and live out their faith in Christ. This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the weekly Sunday School, Sunday night small groups and youth worship, special events, fall retreat, dessert theater, confirmation, outreach, mission trips, volunteers and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational with a sense of humor. Ability to work with youth praise band a plus. Prefer undergraduate with youth ministry emphasis or Christian ministries experience. Send resume to email@example.com.
Junior High Associate Youth Minister
The Junior High Associate Youth Minister of the First United Methodist Church of Rockwall, Texas shall serve under the direction and coordination of the Minister with Youth. Associate Youth Ministers will assist in multiple levels of participation in the leadership of the ministry to and with youth and their families. Serving anywhere from half to three-quarter time throughout a normal work week, Associate Youth Minister positions offer impactful ministry experience with some flexible work hours. Compensation while competitive is dependent on experience.
Associate Youth Ministers shall be a college or university graduate and either currently enrolled in or shall have completed a seminary degree or another type of ministry certification. One to two years of youth ministry experience in paid or volunteer capacity is preferred.
Assistant to Youth Minister:
Present for Sunday programming 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, regular days of office hours throughout the week, and age level programming and relational connection opportunities
Increased work for activity through summer months and around large youth events
Nurture youth discipleship and participation throughout the whole life of the church – including some ministry with Senior High program
Partner with youth staff team to utilize website, email, social media, texting, and phone calls to promote program and resources
Fill in for Minister with Youth or other Staff in case of absence
Other duties as assigned by Minister with Youth and/or Senior Pastor
Junior High Ministry Director:
Manage Junior High youth Sunday School Class
Resource and implement Junior High youth Sunday evening recreation and fellowship – including utilizing and creating Methodist Bible-based curriculum for small groups and preaching
Brainstorm and spearhead monthly Middle School Madness fellowship and outreach activities
Retreat, mission trips, outings, and event responsibilities
Contact new and visiting youth families and invite to programs
Partner with and recruit youth parents and adult congregant chaperones and volunteers
Intentionally connect and partner with Confirmation program and upper elementary Children’s Ministry, as well as collaborate with staff and student worship leadership
Optional areas of service as available:
Youth and youth family pastoral care
The Junior High Youth Associate reports to the Minister with Youth and the Senior Pastor and ultimately to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
For more information and to apply submit resume to
Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth, 1200 E. Yellow Jacket, Rockwall, TX 75087
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-771-5500 x22
Long’s Chapel (longschapel.com) is a United Methodist church community in Western North Carolina who believes all people matter to God and is seeking a director for its modern worship experience. The applicant should have a passion for Jesus and for people and believe that relationships be primary and the music should come secondary when serving on the worship team.
The ideal applicant will have experience in using Ableton Live for automation of multitrack, propresenter and lighting software. This P/T role is expected to take 20-25 hours a week. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Rev. Chris Westmoreland c/o Lori Prickett by December 24, 2019.
Senior High Associate Youth Minister
First United Methodist Church Rockwall, TX
FUMC Rockwall is seeking a part-time Sr. High Associate Youth Minister to minister with youth & their families – especially helping guide, teach & lead youth from 9th – 12th grade.
Responsibilities to include weekly administrative planning, present Sundays, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, implementation of Sr. High Sunday School & UMYF Sunday evenings, & yearly events such as retreats, mission trips, & fellowship outings – increased responsibilities through summer months.
Full job description can be at http://www.fumcrockwall.com/sh-associate-youth-minister/.
For more information and to apply submit resume to
Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth
email@example.com or 972-771-5500 x22
The role of the associate pastor is: to provide leadership, guidance, and training and to foster the growth of our church; to strengthen & grow the church’s music & technology ministries; to preach during primary worship times and to lead and strengthen the outreach of our church, especially in the local neighborhoods.
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Other Major Relationships: Maintain good, effective working relationships and cooperate actively with the other church staff and members to ensure that the objectives of the church are met.
- Regularly share the duties of teaching during the worship service, with an engaging, Biblically sound, and applicable explanation of Biblical texts and topics
- Nurture relationships, especially with younger families and younger adults, providing leadership, training and fellowship.
- Oversee the outreach team and provide leadership, creativity and follow-through to increase the robustness of outreach in our church.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the overall programming for the church, aiding in special projects, performing weddings and funerals, and implementing special assignments by the Senior Pastor.
- As needed, assist in the pastoral care needs and visits of the congregation
- Operate the visuals and sound for Sunday worship services.
- Oversee, train, and schedule volunteers to run visuals and sound for Sunday worship services and other various events.
- Give advice for the overall visual and sound ministry
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- Pastoral experience and/or teaching experience
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and projection
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude