The First United Methodist Church, San Angelo, Texas is a traditional and historical downtown church that is heavily invested in raising up bold and godly young leaders. We are currently seeking an experienced, spirit-led individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to lead robust youth mission and ministry programs. Our youth programs are vibrant and growing thanks to years of strong investment from the congregation, community, and a history of faithful leadership.
The ideal candidate has the right balance of experience, commitment, passion and vision for developing godly leaders. If you or someone you know are ready to take your youth ministry calling to the next level, we want to hear from you. Are you ready for what’s next? https://firstmethodist.net/ministries/youth/
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $36,000-$45,896
The Associate Director of Family Ministries will work with the Family Ministries Operation Team to provide vision, strategy, and leadership to the families of Noblesville First. The role will focus primarily on Orange Express, the Children’s Ministry of Noblesville First (~75%). The role will take a leadership role in The Vine Student Ministries, the student ministry of Noblesville First (~25%) as well.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, fun, and relationship building
- Identify, train, and coach leaders for the Children’s Ministry
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for children and families
- Organize and execute exceptional summer programming
- Work alone and alongside the Family Ministries Operations Team to develop events and programs for children and their families
- Engage in community outreach with families
- Communicate to families to inform them of current and upcoming events
- Co-lead Wednesday night Youth Group
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Sit on the Student Ministries Advisory Council
- Be willing to consistently work Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as well as other nights/weekends as required
- Attend and/or lead necessary training for Family Ministries staff including, but not limited to, CPR, First Aid, Safe Sanctuaries, Stop the Bleed, ALICE, etc.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget
- Help plan and attend student mission trips
- Maintain a connection with the Preschool Director and Preschool board
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- 3+ years working in ministry to children and/or youth preferred
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- A great team player that is willing to strategize and vision with the Family Ministries Operations Team
- Flexibility – as of now, our Children’s Ministry is not meeting in person. We need someone who can provide an effective online experience as well as in-person.
- Be an effective teacher in-person and on camera
- A genuinely devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart
- A commitment to the mission of Noblesville First and the United Methodist Church
- Has a basic understanding of United Methodist and Wesleyan theology
- Be willing to become a member of Noblesville First United Methodist Church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Flexible hours
- Socially distanced office
- Voting time off
- Ability to work remotely on occasion
- 10 paid company holidays, plus a day off during your Birthday week
- Comp time
- Expense account
- Paid Sabbatical leave (every 7 years)
*Please note – we do not offer medical, dental, or vision benefits
To apply, please submit all of the following documents to Noblesville First at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Three references (include name, job title, phone number, and email address)
The Director of Youth Faith Formation will develop programming for youth, grades 6th – 12th, to communicate with families with students, and to work closely with church staff, Youth Council, and other groups at First United Methodist Church San Angelo.
The director is responsible for developing and enhancing programming for youth aimed at creating “disciples of Jesus Christ.” This includes Sunday school, Sunday Worship opportunities, Sunday Night Programming, and midweek programming as needed. Participation and communication with local schools, special events, and contests is highly recommended.
First United Methodist Church of San Angelo is a bible-believing traditional, evangelical body of believers in a growing town of 100k. The church has a rich tradition in missions and evangelism and is focused on making disciples of Jesus Christ and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28).
POSITION: Director of Youth and Family Ministries
POSITION STATUS:Full-time (40 hours) /Exempt
PURPOSE:The Director of Youth and Family Ministries must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; live a Christian lifestyle through devotional practices, commitment to prayer and spiritual growth; and be a part of Harbor through prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 through planning, coordinating, and implementing programming for two age groups (Middle School/High School) for a large, growing congregation while working within the United Methodist tradition.
As a servant of Jesus Christ, called by God to serve the community of faith that is Harbor United Methodist Church I will:
· faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
· accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
· maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm or encourage others;
· be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
· be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
· respect the authority of those to whom I am responsible;
· live by a high standard of personal, professional and work ethic, striving always for excellence in ministry;
· strive for a healthy balance between my ministry responsibilities and my personal life;
· commit time to grow spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
· listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Professional experience working with church youth desired
· Demonstrated leadership qualities preferable in a Youth leader/Ministry
· Proven team player who can work well with parents, adults, staff, and the congregation
· Familiarity and Adherence with United Methodist doctrine
· Possesses an understanding of the needs of and a desire to work with both Middle and High School age groups and their families.
· Knowledge of current and cutting-edge resources, theory, best practices, and other “tools of the trade” relevant to youth and family ministry.
1. Be committed to the vision, mission and strategy of Harbor UMC
2. Model a life of Christian discipleship through personal lifestyle and personal spiritual growth
3. Lead all facets of the Youth Program which includes but is not limited to Sunday School, Bible Study, Youth Group, and Confirmation Class.
4. Develop or implement curriculum for use in all programming that follows the United Methodist doctrine/tradition
5. Realize growth in the Youth Group in both grace and number based on attendance records and participation in discipleship opportunities
6. Follow United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy at all times
7. Plan annual retreat and mission opportunities for the youth to include budgeting, fundraising, registration, etc.
8. Recruit, train, and cultivate adults to be co-youth ministers
9. Hold meetings and communicate with Youth parents on a regular basis and additionally as needed
10. Coordinate and lead annual Confirmation process.
11. Build a plan to support the Director of children’s ministries to have a cohesive transition for children into the youth program.
12. Build relationships with (both HUMC and non HUMC) children, youth and families, by contacting them regularly at home, at school events and at church, etc.
13. Foster a positive example of interpersonal relationships, family life, moral and ethical character as well as be a mentor and teacher
14. Develop events, programs and gatherings to which participants can bring friends who maybe seeking a church family
15. Be committed to a long-term development of family ministry with enthusiasm and dedication to working directly with people of all ages
16. Communicate to families, youth, volunteers, staff and the congregation to inform all about current and upcoming Youth and Family programs through the most effective channels
17. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Council and Education Committee meetings
18. Track all ministry expenses and work within the Youth Ministry Budget
19. Collaborate and interact with other United Methodists through participation in District and Conference Youth events
20. Attend at least 1 worship service weekly and assist as needed
21. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Lutie Watkins Memorial United Methodist Church in Llano, Texas is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. We are a large thriving church located in the heart of a small town. Our hill country views are breathtaking and provide a plethora of activities being surrounded by the Llano River and lakes. We sit 75 miles West of Austin and are excited to share our small slice of heaven. Our church is heavily invested in raising up bold and godly young leaders. We are currently seeking an experienced, spirit-led individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to foster the spiritual growth of our youth and lead them closer to Jesus. Our youth programs are vibrant and have a strong foundation thanks to years of investment from the church’s children’s ministries, congregation, community and a history of faithful leadership. (For more information contact Dr. Rusty Freeman at email@example.com.)
Light of Christ United Methodist Church is a contemporary and vibrant 20 year old congregation of 300+ members, in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are inclusive of all people, invitational, and actively involved in service. Our Vision is to be a church “Where the hurting find help and the questioning find faith”, expressing our priority for Missions and Evangelism. Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, our search is active and we encourage gifted individuals to pray and apply.
The Director of Worship & Youth Ministries must be a humble servant who is committed to Christ, actively pursuing God, Spirit-led, musically gifted, committed to leading and encouraging young people, interpersonally adept, organized, gracious and wise.
Worship Ministry is an essential part of Light of Christ Church, working with the Lead Pastor and Worship Ministry volunteers to lead the congregation in genuine and faithful worship of God, ensuring that worship expresses the church’s overall Mission/Vision and modern style of worship. The ultimate goal is to usher the congregation into the presence of God through a multi-sensory worship experience, based upon the biblical themes of services.
Youth Ministry is also an essential part of any thriving congregation. During the middle & high school years, young people are in a season of crucial transition in their lives and need encouragement and mentoring to embrace the Christian faith for themselves. The ultimate goal is to provide structure and opportunities for youth to fellowship with other Christians, regularly study God’s word, and put their faith into action through service.
To lead these essential ministries, skill with recruiting, leading, and empowering teams of volunteers is key. Collaboration with Worship Ministry and Youth Ministry volunteers, youth parents, and middle and high school students is necessary to ensure congregational ownership and vital to growing ministries. Expertise with media, video, associated software and copyright laws and guidelines is critical.
· Lead Worship and Youth Ministries, including coordination of volunteers for activities, services and special events
· Lead and prepare for our Contemporary Worship Services (Select songs that accompany biblical theme(s) of the service; Write and transpose music charts; Lead weekly rehearsals; Schedule Worship Ministry volunteers using Planning Center Online; Prepare/coordinate audio, computer visuals using ProPresenter, lighting & streaming needs for worship service; Recruit & train volunteers in an ongoing way to serve as musicians, vocalists, technicians, media volunteers, etc.)
· Lead Youth Ministry in a way that mentors Youth in their Christian Discipleship, in partnership with Youth Ministry volunteers and youth parents (Facilitate weekly “Ignite Night” Youth Gatherings, Grow Groups, and Confirmation for middle & high school students; Organize fellowship and mission events; Schedule Youth Ministry volunteers using Planning Center Online; Recruit & train volunteers in an ongoing way to serve as Grow Group leaders, Ignite Night volunteers, Confirmation teachers/mentors, chaperones, administrative support volunteers, speakers, mission event volunteers, meal preparers, etc.)
· Coordinate media creation and acquisition such as video announcements, sermon bumper videos, and promotional pieces for Worship and Youth Ministry, etc.
· Oversee website, service streaming and social media updates, in coordination with lay volunteers
· Set and meet Worship and Youth Ministry budgets, demonstrating financial responsibility and frugality
· Develop annual goals for the Worship and Youth Ministries
· Formal training in Music and/or two + years of Worship Leadership experience
· Formal training in Youth Ministry and/or two + years of Youth Ministry experience
Interested applicants should provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2020:
· Cover letter
· Resume reflecting your educational and professional experience
· Video response to the following questions (No greater than five minutes):
1. Please describe how you were called to Worship Ministry and what the most important aspects of this ministry are for you.
2. Please describe your interactions with both middle school and high school youth and why you are a good candidate to lead youth in today’s world.
· Link to a video of you leading worship
· Link to the website of the church where you are currently serving or recently served
**Applicants seeking Part-time Worship Ministry or Part-time Youth Ministry roles are encouraged to apply, as we may consider splitting this role into 2 part-time positions**
Position Title: Director of Student Ministries
Ooltewah United Methodist Church is seeking a dedicated leader who is motivated to pour self and energy into its student ministries in order to equip and disciple our community’s next generation of Christians to face an ever-changing world with grace, humility and the absolute, undeniable joy found in a relationship with Christ.
Purpose: The OUMC DSM will develop, oversee and nurture ministries and outreach to serve high school and middle school youth within our congregation and our community to equip them for spiritual development in Christ according to the church’s principles of Grow, Reach, Serve and Worship.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
1. GROW – Spiritual Development
Develop and oversee Student Ministries, to include all discipleship, fellowship and outreach programming
Plan and implement a program of age-appropriate Christian education for youth in middle and high school
Recruit, train and deploy youth volunteers for missions, service and general engagement in the church community
Plan and execute special programs related to youth’s spiritual development such as Resurrection, retreats, mission trips etc.
Provide opportunities for youth to be engaged in hands-on ministry using their gifts, talents and abilities
2. REACH – Church and Community Engagement
Develop, execute, nurture and oversee ministry activities designed to reach and serve youth in our community
Engage in ministry to youth in local schools around Ooltewah and in the greater Chattanooga area
Publicize student ministries of the church and show how lives are being changes by these ministries
Maintain an active and consistent social media presence for OUMC youth ministries across multiple platforms
Invite, equip, coach and utilize a team of adult volunteers to lead and serve youth ministries
Cultivate a culture of outreach among the youth in order to encourage participation
Engage regularly with other student ministry leaders in the community to share best practices and create connections among youth
Serve as staff liaison to the Boy Scouts of America troop
· Clearly and effectively communicate with youth, leaders and families using various media as needed (phone, email, social media, etc.)
· Contact inactive youth and parents personally
· Promptly contact youth after first-time visit to OUMC (worship or other programming)
3. SERVE – Leadership and Counsel
Responsible for implementation of and adherence to Safe Sanctuary policies for youth
Provide confidential counseling support for students and/or parents, referring to professionals as needed in partnership with congregational care teams
· Committee leadership: Youth Council
· Coaching and steering development of the Student Ministries Assistant
· Ensure current records of all medical, contact and special concern information for each youth
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor after consultation and mutual agreement
· Attend general staff meetings and Church Council meetings as needed
4. WORSHIP –
Serve as a member of worship planning team to insure youth’s inclusion and involvement in worship
Plan special events of worship for youth
Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years relevant work experience
· Degree in Religious Education (preferred)
· Understanding of student development and knowledge of current teaching techniques and student ministry approaches
· Strong organizational skills, experience working in and building teams
· Effective interpersonal skills, highly personable and engaging communicator who is able to hold student’s attention in large group setting
· Self-starter and innovator who is willing to do what it takes to connect with and nurture students required
· Ability to mobilize and equip adult volunteers/staff with gifts for student ministry
· Willingness to continually learn and refine the church’s discipleship methods
· Supervisory experience (preferred)
· Computer skills (MS Office products) and especially skilled with social media tools
Position reports to the Associate Pastor.
Qualified candidates should submit the following to Rev. Amanda Dean at email@example.com by April 30, 2020:
· Cover letter
· 3-5 minute video sharing your philosophy for youth ministry
GUILFORD COLLEGE UMC
YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
Guilford College United Methodist Church in Greensboro, NC is seeking a new Director of Youth and College Ministries to lead a program with a proud history and a promising future.
Guilford College UMC is an active, welcoming, worshipping, loving, learning, serving, giving, and growing Christian community of faith rooted in life-changing relationships with God, with each other, and with our neighbors through Jesus Christ. Our congregation is composed of over 1000 members with an average Sunday worship attendance of over 400 persons. Our church is located in a growing west Greensboro residential area up the street from Guilford College, not far from the airport, a new highway, and several sizable employers, and down the road from a large commercial district. The church also sits at both a literal and symbolic crossroads location of changing demographics in our area that offers exciting opportunities for ministry.
GCUMC has been blessed with many gifts. We have a rich history, a great facility, stable finances, a gifted and committed lay leadership, an excellent music and choir program, devoted Sunday School classes and Journey groups, a weekly Wednesday night family meal, a strong tradition of youth ministry, and we are known in our community for all of the ways that we reach out and serve others. As we look to the future, our priorities as a church are to deepen our relationships, connect with younger generations, and to grow so as to have our congregation reflect the age, ethnic, and economic diversity of our neighbors.
ABOUT THE YOUTH AND COLLEGE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR POSITION
The Director of Youth and College Ministries is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are praying to find a person who has a mature faith in Christ, a sincere love of young people, strong relational and communication skills, good organizational and administrative competence, proficiency in technology and social media, and the ability to equip and empower a committed team of youth and adults to grow in their faith and to make committed disciples of Jesus Christ. Responsibilities will include engaging in a relational ministry with 35+ youth and college students, leading lessons and discussions, ensuring student safety, recruiting, equipping, and empowering adult youth leaders, and working alongside a leadership team to plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of ministry activities including Sunday morning classes, Sunday night gatherings, Wednesday night small groups, overnight retreats, fundraisers, and mission trips. The work by its nature will also occasionally require travel and nontraditional hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have experience working with youth, must be prepared to submit to a criminal background check, and must have a Bachelor’s Degree by May 2020. Theological education and faith formation in the Wesleyan/ Methodist tradition are preferred.
To apply, please submit the following information to youth administrative assistant Kathy Raper at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- a CV/Resume of relevant education, experience and accomplishments, along with the names and contact information of two professional references and one personal reference
- a cover letter that introduces yourself and states why you think you might be called to this position
- After we receive and review your CV/Resume and Cover letter, selected qualified applicants will be requested to submit a 3 minute video of themselves sharing a devotional geared towards teenagers – we will send you an emailed invitation with a link to allow you to upload your video into our church’s Dropbox account.
The application deadline is Sunday, May 10th, although this deadline and the search process may be extended due to uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Inquiries, questions, or requests for more detailed job information can be directed to lead pastor Jeremy Troxler at email@example.com or at 336-292-5833.
Application Deadline extended to April 1.
Traditional Graduate Resident Track:
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through a partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Nashville, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
Professional Education Track/Training Only Track:
Already have a job working with youth? Our Professional Education (PE) track (also referred to as our Training-Only program) provides you an opportunity to gain further theological and practical training, all while remaining in your current ministry setting.
PE residents are immersed into a community of youth workers who support and encourage each other along their ministry journey for three years. Residents of the Professional Education track are given the same educational access to the Master of Arts in Youth Ministry degree as the Graduate Residents. This unique, intensive format of education learning allows PE residents to serve their local ministries full or part-time while also gaining new theological education and practical training.
We want to equip you to become innovative, resilient youth leaders who can navigate the changing tides of youth ministry for the long haul. CYMT exists to provide you the training you need to live out your calling investing in youth.
As a CYMT Resident, Professional Education Track participants receive a 50% discount on tuition. This discount is due from the CYMT arrangement with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary that allows the program to be even more affordable.
Professional Track Church for Training Only Churches is $30,000 over three years. Paid as follows: Church Application Fee is $350.00, Initial Payment is $3000.00, & 36 Payments of $750.00 = $27,000.00. This cost covers tuition, books, intensive room & board, travel expenses and coaching.
Veteran Track ( For someone with 5 plus years of full time youth ministry) is $6000.00 Per Year for 3 Years, which equals $18,000 total for tuition.
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: Extended to April 1 for both Traditional Graduate Residency Track and PE track
Email Dea Wathen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Director of Children’s Ministries – Advent United Methodist Church, Simpsonville, SC
General Profile of the Role:
The Director of Children’s Ministry will be responsible for ministries for all children from birth through 5th grade while simultaneously equipping parents to be the primary faith influence in their children’s lives. A successful candidate must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrable leadership skills with a history of leading growing ministries. In addition, candidates must be able to plan and organize programming and curriculum, and be able to manage and delegate responsibilities within the children’s ministry team. The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with church staff, parents and other congregants. The position will require presence and leadership on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, weekly staff meetings, Children’s Team meetings and other special events, including Vacation Bible School. As a part of a dynamic and growing congregation, the candidate must also be able to demonstrate the ability to be adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
Children’s Ministry is at the core of our mission at Advent as we seek to reach, shape, and mold children as disciples of Jesus in a dramatically growing demographic. The primary responsibility for the Director of Children’s Ministry will be to create, evaluate, and execute excellent ministry environments to provide for the spiritual formation of all children in cooperation with the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Coordinator and Director of Traditional Worship.
Position Structure and Compensation:
Full-time and commensurate with experience and abilities, year-round.
Guidance for this position will be offered by the Executive Director.
A college degree in education or ministry preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered. The individual should have recent experience in leading children’s ministry and experience with choosing and executing curriculum. The candidate should have strong knowledge and be able to articulate their experience with child development and family dynamics.
About our Church:
Established in 1987, Advent United Methodist Church is one of the largest United Methodist churches in South Carolina. Advent is a dynamic and growing congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC, which has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com