First UMC of Warner Robins, GA is looking for a dynamic worship leader with a strong Christian commitment to lead their new Modern Worship Service. First UMC is a mid-sized, community service minded church of 200-250 weekly worshipers. We are looking to start a modern worship service in the fall and increase our reach out to younger adults and families. This is a part-time position, paying $600 a month. There is opportunity for growth as the church/service grows. The worship leader will be expected to be at the church for approximately 3 hours on Sunday morning. Practice time is flexible.
Student Ministry Associate
First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
First United Methodist Church of Round Rock is looking to add someone awesome to their Student Ministry team that will join us in building impactful relationships with students, raising up leaders, and equipping teenagers for meaningful service in the Kingdom of God. Working with the Director of Student Ministries, teams of volunteers and the staff of FUMC Round Rock, this person will be instrumental in the day to day operations of the Student Ministries Department, as well as setting goals for our Ministry.
About First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
FUMC Round Rock is situated in the heart of Round Rock, Texas- a rapidly expanding community just north of Austin. We are a large congregation (approximately 1100 in worship on Sundays) that is active in engaging our community and visioning for how we can best captivate the community around us in ways that reflect the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Our Student Ministry department is entering into a new season and we are excited for new opportunities to engage students in meaningful and lasting relationships, build up Christ centered leaders, and continue on a strong mission minded tradition within our student ministry.
Salary for this position is expected to be $40,000.
If you have any questions about this job posting please send all inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Characteristics of the Student Ministry Associate:
The ideal candidate for this ministry position will be:
– Someone who is chasing after God’s own heart. They will be an active participant in worship and Bible study.
– Passionate in their call to Student Ministry.
– Ability to connect relationally with students and adults
– Detail oriented and capable in the areas of administration, budgets, assigned responsibilities
-Eager to learn, grow, and stretch themselves in order to grow as a disciple and leader
– A team player that takes initiative and is a self- starter in developing and executing programming and events.
– Self motivated, servant leader with a strong work ethic
– Effective communicator of God’s Word.
Qualifications of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
– A bachelor’s degree in a related field is the minimum requirement.
– Strong in administrative skills related to youth ministry including but not limited to processing and compiling student information, managing database entries, composing communication pieces, making reservations, tracking attendance, and gathering resources.
– Must demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
– Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
– Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
-Be of high character and hold themselves to high moral standards
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
-Be active in establishing and building relationships with students and volunteers that are conducive for healthy and effective ministry
-Serve the Student Ministry office as in an administrative presence completing tasks including but not limited to logging information, keeping student records updated, making reservations, and publishing communication material.
– Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, leadership development, mission, and outreach.
– Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
– Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
– Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
-Work in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries to plan and coordinate large ministry events such as DNOW, Mission Trips, Camps, and Retreats.
– Ensure that the Ministry Safe Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
– Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
– Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, coffee times, lunch at school, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
– Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
– Develop, plan and deliver messages for Sunday evening worship in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
Job Title: Director of Student Ministries
Reports To: UCO Wesley Campus Ministry Board of Directors and Associate Minister of FUMC Edmond
FLSA Type: Exempt
Position Description: The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible for overseeing both the middle and senior high youth ministry of Edmond First United Methodist Church and the student ministry of UCO Wesley Campus ministry. The Director of Student Ministries visions, directs, and implements the ministries of both programs. This person will be responsible for various ministerial and programming duties as detailed below.
The Director will be a person who is comfortable and confident in reaching out and ministering to teenage youth as well as college students at UCO, dedicated to cultivating an environment that is welcoming and affirming while also challenging students to dive deeper into their faith through a Wesleyan approach that appreciates the fullness and richness of diverse perspective.
Additionally, the Director will be expected to promote a friendly, caring, and healthy attitude as they will interact daily with people from multiple age groups and cultural backgrounds. A caring patience and attention to detail is essential.
College Student Development:
· Reach and recruit new students to join and invest in their spirituality and growth of program
· Create and maintain student database to more effectively communicate and minister
· Organize and teach weekly Bible study(s)
· Plan and lead a yearly mission trip
· Coordinate weekly lunches with local United Methodist Churches
· Equip and cultivate ministerial skills of student interns
· Facilitate Christian community during the ordinary times of the day, week, semester, and year
· Continue growing relationships with other Wesley Foundations and Centers
· Plan and/or attend a campout or retreat with students once a semester
· Establish connections with incoming freshmen and retain connections over the summer
· Continue New People New Place program of connecting with high school students via local UMC
· Start, teach, and grow the Edmond FUMC college Sunday School class
Youth Student Development:
· Develop a positive relationship with each youth and his/her family
· Plan and implement ministries to develop Christian community and strengthen relationships
· Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers
· Plan and implement age appropriate activities including service projects and quarterly retreats
· Work with Youth Council to work with a budget and plan fundraising
· Attend and emphasize Conference supported summer camp
· Encourage youth to participate in all facets of the local congregation, the district and Conference
· Coordinate youth ministries with other ministries of the congregation
· Work with church policies regarding the use of the bus
· Plan and implement Confirmation in January through May
· Attend weekly staff meetings, Administrative Council meetings, and Youth Council meetings
· Attend and encourage attendance of Worship on Hurd and assist with leadership of service as requested
· Develop and maintain a database of youth and youth families
· Work with other staff and leaders to assimilate “tweens” into the youth ministry
· Assimilate graduating high school seniors into college ministry program
· Work with appropriate staff for communications on Facebook, newsletter, Twitter, and other media
Medical benefits and housing may be provided
Part-time Director of Youth Ministry – Brenham First UMC, Brenham, Texas
The director of youth ministry will work directly with students, grades 6-12, and their families to provide opportunities to grow in discipleship through worship, recreation, Bible study, service, and mission trips. The youth director will report directly to the senior pastor while also relating to the church leadership.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Send cover letter and resume to:
Contact: Rev. Bobbie Maltas
408 N Baylor
Brenham, Texas 77833
Christ Church in Sugar Land, TX, is looking for a positive and energetic part-time staff member with a deep faith in Christ and love for High School students. This position involves serving with the full-time Director of Youth Ministry in reaching and discipling senior high youth in the congregation and in the community. A church background in Methodist or Wesleyan traditions is preferred but not required. College graduates or currently enrolled college students in the local area are welcome to apply. All interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.christchurchsl.org/jobs for the full job description.
Position: MINISTER OF YOUTH AND FAMILIES- Full Time
Description: The Minister of Youth and Families provides leadership and vision in the church’s commitment to nurture youth and families in their faith and to confirm and strengthen them through study, mission, and fellowship opportunities. The Youth Minister will report directly to the Senior Associate Pastor for Families and also works in cooperation with the Church Council and lay leadership. He/she directs the service of paid and volunteer youth ministry staff and cultivates relationships with families within the congregation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Minister of Youth oversees all ministries related to youth from sixth through twelfth grades with the goal of leading them, their families, and the larger church body to glorify God through worship, covenant relationship, and service to others. He/she should provide and direct a comprehensive youth program that assists in the faith development of teens in their most formative years.
This full time position is responsible for:
Providing pastoral care and serving as a mentor, leader, teacher, and spiritual director for youth from grades 6-12 and their families.
Creating, administering, and participating in youth ministries (i.e., Sunday mornings, small groups, etc.), and special ministries including mission trips, choir tours, and other special events. This includes:
Developing and evaluating effectiveness of youth curriculum, ministries and programs;
Working in cooperation with staff and laity to plan events and ministries for youth and
Managing, scheduling, calendaring, and facilitating youth and related family ministries, including periodic availability on evenings, weekends, and occasional week-long special events; and
Communicating with both youth and their families through various platforms: social media, emails, text, phone, etc., and designing graphics for different communication platforms.
Interacting regularly with the parents of youth and providing programs to educate and equip families to assist their youth in spiritual formation and engagement on relevant issues.
Growing the youth ministry by creating welcoming and compelling environments to which youth can invite friends from outside of the church.
Partnering with laity to organize and teach the year of youth Confirmation.
Supporting youth in their activities outside of church programming.
Supporting college students, especially during their first year of college.
Equipping and training laity to be in inter-generational ministry and fellowship with youth.
Actively engaging with UPUMC staff to promote youth programming, and communicating youth ministry concerns/issues to the staff, Church Council, and congregation as appropriate.
Supervising a part-time Youth Assistant who will assist with programming and special events. 04/19/2019
Managing the youth ministry budget and restricted accounts.
Ensuring that all youth volunteers are MinistrySafe trained and that MinistrySafe Church
policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
Performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Spiritual and Philosophical:
Must be a growing Christian deepening his/her relationship with Jesus and modeling this to others.
A desire to see all youth come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ, coupled with a personal calling to minister with youth.
A genuine heart, passion, and talent for positive, nurturing interaction with youth.
A passion to create and foster an overwhelming culture of belonging and sense of
worthiness and value for and among all youth.
A desire to equip and encourage families as the primary faith educators of their children.
Aspiration to grow and enhance our present and future church community through an inclusive and welcoming youth group and its integration with the rest of the church body.
A willingness to engage in and develop an understanding of the community in which UPUMC exists.
Advanced degree in youth and practical theological studies preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with people of varying age groups, backgrounds, and roles within the church.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strategic and visionary thinker regarding the ministry needs of both youth and their
families, and their relations with the church body as a whole.
Ability to work collaboratively on multiple, simultaneous time-sensitive projects.
Ability to be a self-starter in various areas and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
Ability to support and counsel teachers and parents.
Graphic Design Skills preferred (Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, etc.)
COLLIERVILLE UMC is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Chairperson for the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff liaison to assigned work areas and committees.
10. Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 7-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Description of Ministry Partnership: First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care, and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling, and mentoring students).
· A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship, and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
· Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
· Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
· An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
· An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
· At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry and/or serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
· Prior experience developing new ministries.
· Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
· Both a self-starter and team player.
To apply for the position:
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Rev. Paul Massingill at PaulMassingill@ctcumc.org. Specific questions about the position may also be directed to Paul at 305.282.1929.
Resumes are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.
FUMC Artesia is seeking a youth pastor to build upon the already strong (6th-12th grade) youth program. We are seeking someone deeply committed to discipling youth in a relationship with Jesus Christ through study, prayer, fellowship and mission. Our church places a heavy emphasis on relationships with the youth, and deep involvement in the community is expected. This is a full time position with a generous salary and housing is provided along with a congregation that is deeply devoted to supporting the youth program and its leadership. Interested applicants should contact Monty Leavell at email@example.com or 575-746-3535. You can also summit a resume with references, your salvation story and a statement of faith.
The people of Connell Memorial United Methodist Church seek a director of youth ministries for faith forming ministry of activity-based fellowship, retreats, service, and missions. The church is in a suburban community of Nashville TN with full program for all ages and average worship attendance of about 200.
This position is based on an annual expectation of 1250 hours; a workload averaging 25 hours a week. Salary and some benefits, including a 2 br 1 ba house and utilities, will be commensurate to education and experience. Open to discussion of expansion of hours to include young adult ministries.
Full job description available upon request. Call (615) 859-5915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send resume and cover letter to Connell Memorial UMC, 113 Church Street, Goodlettsville TN 37072, or email@example.com