About Hope Community Church
Hope Community Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. We are committed to Jesus Christ, the gospel and one another. The Church gathers for worship on Sunday mornings in a beautiful facility with two primary goals: Christ-centered worship and Bible-centered teaching. Our Church averages 275 in attendance with about 200 members. As an established Church, we are able to enjoy the stability of our community yet continually strive to further the kingdom.
We are a Church amid some minor staff transitions. Our youth pastor became an associate pastor last fall and has taken on responsibilities beyond the realm of youth ministry. At the same time, our worship leader left to become an associate pastor at another Church in Washington. We desire to call an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship to step into these opportunities and share the vision of the Church and help lead us into greater health.
A calling to pastoral ministry
A love for students
An ability to lead the congregation in worship
Seminary training preferred
A heart for the gospel
What we want in an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
We are looking for a full-time associate pastor who will work closely alongside our current associate pastor in leading our youth and worship ministries. Both ministries are relatively healthy right now, but as we adapt amid the ongoing age of Covid, strong Godly leadership is needed. Our youth ministry currently oversees 40+ students with an average attendance of about 30 students between both high school and middle school. We currently rely on volunteers to lead worship Sunday morning and seek to have someone who can more succinctly lead this ministry. Please expect to devote 75% of your energy to youth and 25% to the worship ministry.
· Youth Ministry
Lead weekly youth group
Plan yearly retreats for students
Prepare expository / Biblical sermons
Disciple students and parents
Equip and encourage youth leaders
· Worship Ministry
Lead and oversee Sunday morning worship
Equip and train new worship team volunteers
Shepherd and disciple worship team volunteers
Oversee sound and technology volunteers
· General Pastoral Duties
Assist senior pastor and the rest of staff with events as needed
Counsel, encourage, and disciple individual Church members as needed
Be a faithful member of HCC
How to Apply
Please submit a resume describing your ministry experience and education
Please include a statement of why you believe you would be a good fit with HCC
Please include a video or audio link to a message you’ve preached
If you’re able, please send a video of you leading worship
Please send all material to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charter Oak is located just outside the growing town of Battle Ground, WA. We are 20 minutes from Vancouver, WA and a half hour from the heart of Portland, OR. The area provides a small town feel with great schools and affordable housing which is attracting many young families to the area. The Pacific Ocean is 2 hours away with a number of good beaches. Skiing and snowboarding are 1.5 hours away at Mt. Hood in the Cascade Mountains.
Charter Oak Core Values
· Relevant, expository, application-oriented Bible preaching
· Contemporary, Christ-centered worship
· Outreach-oriented, community building focus
· Small group focus to grow as Christ-followers
· Serving each other to build up the body of Christ
· Partnering with other ministries both locally and globally
Charter Oak’s Mission
“Love God. Love Others. Build Community. Make Disciples.”
Charter Oak fleshes out our mission statement by having relationally-focused ministries in the children, youth, and adult areas. Our youth ministries have both outward-looking big programming and personal small group connections. Our programs always move toward relational discipleship. Executing our vision takes a team approach to ministry with the associate pastor recruiting volunteer leaders, initiating programs, building team, and training those leaders to make it personal. For example, our annual Vacation Bible Camp for kids has a large group, outward-looking program element as well as a small group focus led by a volunteer team of youth and adults. At the adult level, on Sunday mornings we have our outward-looking worship experience. During the week we encourage all adults to take their next step spiritually to get involved in one of our small groups. The focus of our small groups is three-fold: building relationships, interacting with the Bible, and group prayer. In our busy culture we hope to do a few things and do them well.
Associate Pastor Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree required/Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Music/ Youth Ministry/ Biblical Studies/ Communications or related fields.
· Agreement with Charter Oak’s mission, core values, and core truths (doctrinal statement).
· Meets Biblical leadership qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9
· Experience leading contemporary worship/playing guitar or keyboard an asset.
· Two to three years of experience working directly with middle school and high school students.
· Ability to manage social media and grow in tech skills
· Experience with website management/graphic design skills an asset
· Teachable spirit, team player, healthy family and friendships.
· Strong communication skills relating effectively with youth and young adults
· Strong commitment to both outreach and spiritual growth.
· Strong leader with gifts to inspire, lead and train volunteer teams.
· Programming and organizational skills to manage weekly programs and special events.
· Youth ministry leader and shepherd for middle school, high school, and young adults
· Recruit and develop youth ministry teams
· Balance of outreach events and disciple-making events among students
· Coordinates Sunday Morning Worship with Lead Pastor
· Sunday Morning Worship Leader
· Recruit and develop worship team singers, musicians, and tech teams
Compensation: competitive package which includes health insurance
To Apply: Please send us your resume along with a link to a sample of you speaking and leading worship to email@example.com.