First United Methodist Church of San Marcos Texas is looking for a worship leader for our contemporary worship service. Come join a great staff and supporting pastors, and lead a great group of musicians as we all seek to glorify God!
This person should be comfortable leading others in worship, proficient with at least one musical instrument, able to work well with others, and display marks of Christian discipleship.
Some experience preferred.
10-15 hours/week, negotiable.
We are looking for a one to two year, full time intern to work with our student ministry team! Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is a church with around 1200 regularly involved people; located in between Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York. The position works under the youth pastor, in a team that includes a full time youth ministry assistant, part time administrative assistant, and about thirty volunteers.
As the intern, you would build experience teaching, leading a small group of students, leading mission trips (for example, this year we are sending teams to Belize, Bolivia, and two teams to Kentucky), hosting conferences and concerts, all nighters, and more. The ideal candidate is someone graduating this year with a youth ministry or ministry related degree, looking to build experience and grow in leadership in a ministry that will give lots of opportunities to do so! Our youth pastor, Matthew McNutt, has been at BVBC for almost eleven years; and a youth pastor for 18 years total. Under his leadership, the team is given room to grow, make mistakes, and become stronger leaders. He is a firm believer in sharing the spotlight and giving others the opportunity to grow as teachers, leaders, speakers, etc.
- One year, with (ideally) a potential second year, starting immediately
- $20,000 stipend
- Housing provided
- He/she will also be taken to the Youth Specialties NYWC conference, and be given a full membership to the YMCA next door to our church.
- Ability to lead and teach students in large and small group settings.
- Ability to organize projects and events.
- Assist in planning, training and spiritual leadership of mission trips.
- Experienced worship leader a plus but not required.
- Reports to Student Ministry Pastor
Send the following to Matthew McNutt (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover letter and references
About Brandywine Valley Baptist Church:
First UMC of Warner Robins, GA is looking for a dynamic worship leader with a strong Christian commitment to lead their new Modern Worship Service. First UMC is a mid-sized, community service minded church of 200-250 weekly worshipers. We are looking to start a modern worship service in the fall and increase our reach out to younger adults and families. This is a part-time position, paying $600 a month. There is opportunity for growth as the church/service grows. The worship leader will be expected to be at the church for approximately 3 hours on Sunday morning. Practice time is flexible.
First United Methodist Church of Burnet in the beautiful highland lakes area of the Texas hill country is seeking a gifted leader who is called by God to design and implement a new worship experience intended to reach unchurched younger families in our community. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished musician with the ability to recruit, train, and lead a small volunteer praise-team, and he or she will be able to resource and guide a team of volunteer ministry leaders to lead effective children, youth, and young adult ministries, with an emphasis on middle and high school youth. The Director of Family Ministries works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. To apply, request an application by email (email@example.com), phone (512.756.2229), or in person at 301 E. Graves St, Burnet, TX 78611.
Overview | As the Youth Worship Pastor you will lead and oversee all musical worship for the Junior High and High School students on Sundays and Wednesdays, oversee the student bands, and handle the administration of the OVERFLOW worship ministry. You are primarily responsible for pastoring the students serving in the worship bands by knowing them, encouraging them, empowering them, and equipping them to become the kind of people who can lead others in worship now and in the future.
Hours | 25 hours/week @ $22/hour | There is a “sample work week schedule” in the Detailed Job Description below.
Responsibilities | The administration, planning, and leading of all worship elements of Sunday & Wednesday gatherings as well as camps and retreats.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION: Click Here
Director of Worship and Student Ministries
Here is a great opportunity in a small, but wonderful community, to serve a loving, growing, Christ-centered church. FUMC Ulysses, KS is looking for the right person to head up our student ministries and worship.
Ulysses has terrific schools, and is a safe and supportive community for children and youth; it’s a great place to work, live and raise a family. We understand the importance of working together, and encouraging you to be the best you can be.
FUMC is a special place, with beautiful newly remodeled facilities, and a warm, loving faith community. The church gathers about seven generations in fairly equal numbers each Sunday for worship, and we enjoy a blended worship style. Our diverse ministries offer everyone a place to be involved, and to grow spiritually. Our children’s ministry is growing very strongly, and that means more youth on the way!
Student ministries, 6-12 grades, is strong with a large and very cool space for youth, great volunteers, and dozens of terrific students. The time has come for us to expand our outreach and disciple ministries to students and we are ready for the right person to lead us.
While a degree in youth ministry and experience is desired, we are open to hearing from you if this sounds like something God is leading you to. Send a resume` with a cover letter briefly sharing why you might be the one. Our comp package is competitive and will be commensurate to education and experience. We offer vacation, insurance, several holidays, education and professional support.
The right person will be able to handle all facets of student ministries and worship, and will work with and develop the volunteer teams who currently serve in these areas. While a music degree is not required, the love for both contemporary and traditional worship will be helpful; the ability to lead vocally is required.
Email your resume and cover letter to Pastor Todd Guinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a link to a video where you have recently led worship, or shared a message with youth, we would love to see that, too! Check us out on Facebook and our website, www.umculysses.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Position Title: High School Ministry Director
Position Job Description: Lead and serve the high school by creating pathways to discipleship through equipped adults and students
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Next Generation Director
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
· Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
· Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
· Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
· Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
· Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
· Team player
· Teaching gift and desire to teach students and adults (may fill the pulpit as requested by Sr. Pastor)
· Strong, creative, and innovative leader
· Ability to partner with parents
· 3+ years of experience leading a high school ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
· Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis, and develop other teachers as well
· Work with interns (to help lead the ministry)
· Be apart of our Bethel sports leadership team
· Develop, assemble, and equip student leaders
· Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, etc)
· Hire and equip support staff such as coordinator. and music leads
· Promote connection with students in the local high schools
· Create a culture that reaches out
· Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
· Create weekly set list for NextGen services and communicate that to music coordinators by agreed upon timeline.
· Schedule band members for NextGen services and communicate that to music coordinator by agreed upon timeline.
· Monthly event for all worship team members that include students & leads
· Attend weekly or bi-weekly meeting with ministry directors to discussion service planning and vision
o Leading Worship and creating a worship team
o Leading of weekly rehearsals (personally or by trained leads)
o Leading devotionals (personally or by the trained lead) before practice weekly
· An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
· An ability for mentoring and developing others to effectively carry out ministry
· An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
· An effective communicator to both large and small groups
· The maturity to both lead and to follow
· An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
Nothing in this job description restricts Bethel Church right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Description of Ministry Partnership: First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care, and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling, and mentoring students).
· A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship, and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
· Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
· Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
· An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
· An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
· At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry and/or serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
· Prior experience developing new ministries.
· Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
· Both a self-starter and team player.
To apply for the position:
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Rev. Paul Massingill at PaulMassingill@ctcumc.org. Specific questions about the position may also be directed to Paul at 305.282.1929.
Resumes are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.