Description of Ministry Partnership: First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care, and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling, and mentoring students).
· A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship, and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
· Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
· Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
· An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
· An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
· At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry and/or serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
· Prior experience developing new ministries.
· Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
· Both a self-starter and team player.
To apply for the position:
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Rev. Paul Massingill at PaulMassingill@ctcumc.org. Specific questions about the position may also be directed to Paul at 305.282.1929.
Resumes are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Avenue United Methodist Church in Milford Delaware serves a dynamic congregation of 375 each week. Avenue has an incredible opportunity for a passionate, spirit filled Pastor of Student Ministries to provide Christ-centered, Biblically-based, loving environment for the Student Ministries Program(s). The current student ministry program is thriving and we’re looking for the right leader to expand it even further.
Avenue Church is located minutes from the beautiful Delaware beaches in central Delaware.
- Spiritually mature Christian with an active faith life and genuine passion for being a disciple of Jesus Christ.
College graduate preferred and/or equivalent work experience in youth ministry.
Knowledge of this generation’s culture and ability to utilize this understanding in ministry.
Must be physically able to participate in youth activities.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- The full job description is available on the Avenue United Methodist Church website: https://avenueumc.com/
Hours per week: 30
- $30,000 annually.
- Housing available upon request.
- Expense Account.
- $10,000 operating budget.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR vial mail
Avenue United Methodist Church
20 North Church Street
Milford, DE 19963
Attn: Greg J. Abbott, SPRC Chair
Accepting applications until the position is filled.
We are looking for a one to two year, full time Future Leader Intern to work with our student ministry team! Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is a church with around 1200 regularly involved people; located in between Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York. The Future Leader Intern position works under the youth pastor, in a team that includes a full time youth ministry assistant, part time administrative assistant, and about thirty volunteers.
As the Future Leader Intern, you would build experience teaching, leading a small group of students, leading mission trips (for example, this year we are sending teams to Belize, Bolivia, and two teams to Kentucky), hosting conferences and concerts, all nighters, and more. The ideal candidate is someone graduating this year with a youth ministry or ministry related degree, able to lead worship, looking to build experience and grow in leadership in a ministry that will give lots of opportunities to do so! Our youth pastor, Matthew McNutt, has been at BVBC for almost eleven years; and a youth pastor for 18 years total. Under his leadership, the team is given room to grow, make mistakes, and become stronger leaders. He is a firm believer in sharing the spotlight and giving others the opportunity to grow as teachers, leaders, speakers, etc.
- One year, with (ideally) a potential second year, starting June 1st, 2019
- $20,000 annual stipend (paid biweekly)
- Housing provided (host home)
The Future Leader Intern will also be taken to the Youth Specialties NYWC conference, be given a full membership to the YMCA next door to our church, as well as free lunches at Five Guys when Matthew is craving one of their awesome burgers.
- Experienced worship leader, able to mentor students in leading worship.
- Ability to lead and teach students in large and small group settings.
- Ability to organize projects and events.
- Experience in student ministry, either as a volunteer or a paid staff member.
- Assist in planning, training and spiritual leadership of mission trips.
- Reports to Student Ministry Pastor
Send the following to Matthew McNutt (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Resume, cover letter, references and testimony
- Video of applicant leading worship (cell phone video is fine)
About Brandywine Valley Baptist Church:
Our church family is actively searching for our next Youth Pastor. We are a multi-generational church of around 4-600 weekly, located in Parker, Co- just outside of Denver.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to equip, empower, and release students, student leaders, parents, and adult leaders into a deeper connection with God, community within the church family, and service in the kingdom of God.
1. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model in Student Ministry by equipping, empowering, and releasing students, student leaders, parents, and adult leaders into ministry.
2. During the week, invest in the lives of student by building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and encourage and support the adult leaders to do the same.
3. Oversee the weekly Student Service including sound, lights and audio—through volunteer recruitment, training and development.
4. Prepare and plan all facets of the weekly Student Service, including: room set-up, volunteer scheduling through Planning Center, food, games, curriculum evaluation & purchasing, Biblical teaching, LifeGroups, pre & post service music, video elements. Schedule and follow-up with supplemental leaders in your absence for each of the above areas of responsibility.
5. Coordinate with volunteers and LifeGroup leaders regarding weekly youth meals.
6. Plan quarterly and yearly events and trips including: Mission Trips, Retreats, Concerts, etc. Work with the youth volunteers, leaders, and the staff of Pinecrest to plan, communicate, and prepare for these events.
7. Communicate with parents regarding the yearly schedule, events, and other important details concerning youth ministry at Pinecrest.
8. Assist student transition into Youth Group (from Children’s Ministry) and out of Youth Group (to Adult Groups) logistically, relationally, and spiritually.
9. Oversee and steward the Youth Ministry budget. Ensure that financial procedures are followed by everyone in your area of responsibility.
10. Serve as the primary student leader and communicator for the church.
11. Meet with volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate Youth Ministry, provide training, give spiritual direction and motivation, and brainstorm for ideas regarding upcoming Youth events.
12. Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats as required to provide evaluation and feedback to the Leadership Teams.
13. Connect with other local Youth leaders and ministries on a regular basis to build relationships, collaboration, and to encourage and support one another.
14. Continue to learn, develop, and keep up-to-date on current youth ministry trends and personal leadership development through online, on-campus, and/or personal continuing education and training pursuits.
15. Participate in staff and Elder Meetings as necessary to provide insight, direction, and input for the direction and vision of the church as it relates to and impacts the Youth Ministry.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus first, your spouse second, your family third, and ministry fourth.
2. Engage in personal spiritual development including the spiritual disciplines of prayer, personal Bible study, silence, fasting, submission, service, confession and worship.
3. Embrace and support the vision, mission, values, and ministry plumb lines of Pinecrest Community Church.
4. Protect and preserve the unity of the church body.
5. Be an active and relationally engaged member of the Pinecrest family, including regular participation in a LifeGroup and Sunday attendance.
6. Invest and invite the lost know Jesus, connect with God, connect at Pinecrest, and grow spiritually.
- We are looking for a Youth Pastor who is both highly relational, and highly creative. Relationships are the core of what we do at Pinecrest, and we are looking for someone who can build a foundation of relational Student Ministry that will inspire students to go deeper in their faith and their relationships with each other. Because we draw a unique demographic of students from both urban and rural communities, we are looking for someone who is highly creative: possessing an innate ability to create an environment that engages students in the culture they live in.
- In order to be effective, we expect our next Youth Pastor to live in the community they will be engaged in leading.
- Previous experience in Student Ministry leadership is required.
- Experience in Pro presenter, Planning Center, Social Media, Adobe, etc. is required.
- Some formal theological training is required.
Full-Time Youth Director for a vibrant, growing church. There is opportunity to assist in worship and participate in or lead college ministry. Lots of opportunity for growth in ministry and as a minister.