Our vision as a church is to see God’s great grace and mercy to spread across the Hartford and Litchfield counties. For the Student Ministry, we want to see that vision materialize in our students. We want to equip them as ambassadors for Christ to their school, sports teams, clubs, and communities. The student ministry values utilizes programming to accomplish the values of outreach, discipleship, and leadership. The Student Ministry Associate Director works hand in hand with the larger student ministry department to accomplish the vision and values. See the attached job description for more details.
TO APPLY: Please Submit Resume AND complete the following Application (http://valleycommunity.cc/filerequest/57885) and email it email@example.com
Student Ministry Associate
First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
First United Methodist Church of Round Rock is looking to add someone awesome to their Student Ministry team that will join us in building impactful relationships with students, raising up leaders, and equipping teenagers for meaningful service in the Kingdom of God. Working with the Director of Student Ministries, teams of volunteers and the staff of FUMC Round Rock, this person will be instrumental in the day to day operations of the Student Ministries Department, as well as setting goals for our Ministry.
About First United Methodist Church, Round Rock TX
FUMC Round Rock is situated in the heart of Round Rock, Texas- a rapidly expanding community just north of Austin. We are a large congregation (approximately 1100 in worship on Sundays) that is active in engaging our community and visioning for how we can best captivate the community around us in ways that reflect the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Our Student Ministry department is entering into a new season and we are excited for new opportunities to engage students in meaningful and lasting relationships, build up Christ centered leaders, and continue on a strong mission minded tradition within our student ministry.
Salary for this position is expected to be $40,000.
If you have any questions about this job posting please send all inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Characteristics of the Student Ministry Associate:
The ideal candidate for this ministry position will be:
– Someone who is chasing after God’s own heart. They will be an active participant in worship and Bible study.
– Passionate in their call to Student Ministry.
– Ability to connect relationally with students and adults
– Detail oriented and capable in the areas of administration, budgets, assigned responsibilities
-Eager to learn, grow, and stretch themselves in order to grow as a disciple and leader
– A team player that takes initiative and is a self- starter in developing and executing programming and events.
– Self motivated, servant leader with a strong work ethic
– Effective communicator of God’s Word.
Qualifications of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
– A bachelor’s degree in a related field is the minimum requirement.
– Strong in administrative skills related to youth ministry including but not limited to processing and compiling student information, managing database entries, composing communication pieces, making reservations, tracking attendance, and gathering resources.
– Must demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
– Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
– Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
-Be of high character and hold themselves to high moral standards
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
-Be active in establishing and building relationships with students and volunteers that are conducive for healthy and effective ministry
-Serve the Student Ministry office as in an administrative presence completing tasks including but not limited to logging information, keeping student records updated, making reservations, and publishing communication material.
– Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, leadership development, mission, and outreach.
– Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
– Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
– Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
-Work in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries to plan and coordinate large ministry events such as DNOW, Mission Trips, Camps, and Retreats.
– Ensure that the Ministry Safe Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
– Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
– Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, coffee times, lunch at school, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
– Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
– Develop, plan and deliver messages for Sunday evening worship in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
Westgate High School Worship Leader/ Ministry Associate (Male)
Position: High School Worship Leader/ Associate (Male)
Hours: 20 hours/week
-Help lead High School Ministry at Westgate Church
-Work alongside High School Pastor to help plan/ orchestrate Sunday services
-Be involved in student team meetings
-Help plan and be at High School events (Hume Lake, Mission Trip, Laser tag etc)
-Help lead announcements/ games on Sunday nights
-Pick relevant songs and update Planning Center
-Contact worship team via PCO/Email/Text to remind them about their roles the upcoming weekend.
-Figure out order of songs and be prepared to teach the order to musicians
-Practice songs on your own so that you know them well enough to teach
-Meet with High School Pastor once a week prior to Sunday to discuss upcoming Sunday service
-Sunday Westgate High School; Be at church by 2:30pm, have stage ready for practice at 2:45pm
-Westgate High School Practice from 2:45-4pm on Sunday Nights
-Lead worship thru singing/playing instrument
-Update Planning Center at least 1 month out; include songs, song charts and all needed musicians
-Contact all musicians needed for the month
-Meeting with High School Pastor to evaluate vision, discuss highs/lows, etc.
-Discover new musicians at WestGate Church (students or adults) that can help lead worship for high school.
-If you cannot make it to a Sunday Night High School service, you will be expected to find a replacement worship leader who you will prepare with all music, musicians and song charts at least two weeks out.
-Training will be required for High School students who may be musically talented but don’t really know how to Lead Worship. Find teaching moments to encourage students to give their BEST to God each week and help them develop as worship leaders.
This position will work with the Youth Ministry Director to give organizational leadership to Calvary Youth Ministries. Our Youth Ministry Assistant will aid in the strategic planning processes of the Youth Ministry, help plan and organize weekly gatherings and special events within the Youth Ministry, mentor our students in both group and individual settings, work with the YM Director to guide students through our teaching checkpoints, assist in running weekly Friday chapels at Calvary Christian School, and occasionally assist in Youth Ministry related communication efforts. As a member of the Calvary Ministry Team our Youth Ministry Assistant will report directly to the Youth Ministries Director but will be supported in working alongside and encouraging all members of the Ministry Team. The Youth Ministry Assistant will also need to relate to unchurched youth, as well as those who have become overly familiar to church, striving to help make the Youth Ministry fun, approachable, and instilling depth of a personal faith in all youth that attend.
The ideal candidate will have considerable student ministry experience or ministry leadership experience. A college level degree is not required for this position.
Characteristics & Qualifications
• Clearly communicates a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Be committed to lead others to develop a personal walk with God.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
• Natural organizational competency and a keen eye for details.
• A solid understanding of modern culture.
• A proactive, rather than reactive, attitude and spirit.
• Ability to lead students in discussion scenarios
• Ability to exercise spiritual discernment and good judgment.
• A high aptitude for constant learning.
• Someone who excels at flexibility and embraces the challenges that come with the ever-changing world of Church life.
• Someone who is a team player.
• Someone with a great sense of humor.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Shown ability to organize and lead worship environments for varying ages
• Skill in graphic design and creative arts
• Proficiency in public speaking
• Able to use and communicate via social media and applicable technology.
• Affinity for binge-watching shows on varying streaming outlets
Hours: 15-25 Per Week
Find out more information about Calvary at calvarypalisades.org
Reston Bible Church – Ministry Position Available
Full Time Women Position in Youth Ministry
We are a church of over 2200 in Northern Virginia that is Bible based and committed to raising up teens who have a solid walk with Christ and who are mature enough to impact their generation for Christ. We have a position on our youth staff that is designed for a woman who can shepherd our teenage girls, our volunteer women staff, and the mothers of our teens. They would focus reaching out to new and unconnected students, encouraging and discipling growing students, and mentoring and counseling with students in need. They would work within youth staff team to help in leadership and management of ministry meetings, activities, camps, mission projects, etc. Their specific roles in leadership would be determined by their gifting and experience.
This job requires that the candidate have a strong grasp of the Word of God, a history of involvement in youth/college ministry (volunteer or paid), and a personal maturity that can relate with and speak into the life of a teen as well as adult staff and our teen’s mothers. They will need to be able to work well in small group and large group settings. They will need to have a good grasp of who they are in Christ and be able to work well with the youth staff leadership.
This position has two different profiles.
Option 1 – For applicants with less than 2 years of full time ministry experience in Youth Ministry.
We offer a Full Time position with benefits as a Youth Internship that would run for one year with the option to be extended for a second year. The goal is to allow the woman in this position to have the opportunity to gain experience as well as oversight and mentoring as they develop in this role. At the end of the internship, we would either be able to give a recommendation confirming her experience and her work in seeking a full time ministry opportunity or offer her the opportunity to come on long term with Reston Bible Church.
Option 2 – For applicants with more than 2 years of Youth Ministry Experience, we offer a full time position with benefits as a Youth Women’s Associate.
Those who are interested in this position need to provide their resume along with the reasons they are interested in pursuing this position. You can send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: The Associate Director of Student Ministry is responsible for working alongside the Director of Student Ministry in carrying out the mission of discipling middle school and high school students (with a particular focus on young women) in a way that connects them with Christ and builds lifelong faith. This person will bring leadership in the coordination and implementation of the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
Specific Duties include:
1. Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Ministry with a commitment to fulfill the vision and goals for the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
2. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to plan and oversee various programs, events, and gatherings throughout the year. This can include being in charge of or helping with budgeting, gathering supplies, coordinating space and people, monitoring registration, communicating with parents and volunteers, teaching lessons, planning games, and promoting sign ups.
3. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to coordinate and recruit volunteers for the student ministry.
4. Take care of day-to-day administrative work which can include calendaring and scheduling, monitoring and handling payments and sign ups, occasional clerical duties, planning and preparing curriculum, and communication with parents and students.
5. Help attend to female specific ministry needs and be ready to have conversations with and mentor both parents and students as it relates to Christ and their faith.
6. Assist in the running of various social media accounts and posting relevant news and pictures to said accounts.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministry.
8. Most importantly connect with students and parents, build relationships, and be looking to constantly point people towards and push people closer to Christ.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a heart for students and children, willingness to be flexible and open to God’s call for you and this ministry.
All interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
DESCRIPTION OF STUDENT MINISTRIES:
The Student Ministry Associate position is a full-time, paid position. A college degree with biblical coursework and ministry experience is strongly preferred. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead Junior High Ministry, with oversight from our Student Ministries Pastor. This is a two-year position that provides opportunity to learn and do youth ministry while discerning and affirming a vocational call. We ask the Student Ministry Associate to make a two-year commitment to this position, giving their heart and soul to God’s kingdom work while discerning gifts and calling in vocational ministry.
Student Ministries at Modesto Covenant Church is led by Caleb Byron – our Student Ministries Pastor. Caleb provides overall direction to Student Ministries while focusing on High School Ministry. Our Student Ministries Associate leads our Junior High ministry, with oversight from Caleb. The Junior High Youth Group at Modesto Covenant Church has about 30 students each week, with about 60 students on the roster. The Junior High ministry also has a team of 8 young adults who lead the ministry with the Student Ministry Associate.
Modesto Covenant Student Ministries exist through the power of the Holy Spirit to lead students to become fully devoted, lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Our core values (around which we shape all ministry) are: Mission, Christ, Community.
PERSONAL COMMITMENTS & GIFTS:
Modesto Covenant Church is looking for someone who is:
Passionate in their relationship with Jesus Christ and growing in faith through the study of God’s Word,
prayer, accountability, and fellowship
Desiring to use God-given gifts to love and disciple students
Discerning a call to vocational ministry
Outgoing, energetic, teachable, self-motivated
Able to clearly and creatively communicate biblical principles
Desiring to see young people come to know and experience Jesus so that they are growing in their faith and being used by God in their world
Capable of organizing and delivering weekly programmatic content as well as monthly events that combine fun, relationship-building and relevant Biblical content.
The primary responsibility of the Student Ministry Associate will be to assist the Student Ministries Pastor in the following areas of ministry.
Teach weekly at Jr. High Youth Group and biweekly Sunday School (Confirmation)
Assist in developing quality volunteer leaders for Jr. High School ministry
Assist in developing and training student leaders
Develop Discipleship Ministries
Initiate, plan, supervise and delegate discipleship ministries according to the MCC core values of Mission, Christ, Community for Junior High School students, including:
Midweek youth group meetings
Sunday School (Confirmation)
Mission trips and local mission experiences
Any other events or activities
Actively involved in discipleship of students and leaders
Outreach and Evangelism
Coordinate and lead local outreach and mission experiences
Plan outreach events and reaching out to students outside the church
Be intentional in developing and maintaining relationships with students, and to provide consistently sound, Biblical counsel to students
Database: print out attendance sheets, input attendance, maintain database
Events: purchase supplies, recruit drivers, maintain driver paperwork (according to MCC Transportation Policy), acquire medical release information for students
Process check requests
Weekly Meetings: prepare slides for announcements and message
Assist in maximizing our teaching curriculum resources, making the most of graphic content, social media recommendations, and parent communication tools
Communications and Publicity
Update and maintain social media accounts/remind app
Assist in creating flyers/communications for events
Communicate a calendar of events to church and parents through bulletin and email
Communicate regularly to parents through weekly emails and monthly parent team meetings
Personal and Professional Development
Meet weekly with the SM Pastor
Be a part of weekly pastoral staff meetings
Cultivate a growing relationship with God
Ministry involvements outside of Student Ministries
Participate in and support young adult ministry
Attend twice-a-month young adult group meetings
Support young adult leaders when possible
Intentionally connect with 6th graders coming into Jr. High Ministry
Attend Wednesday Night Club events in spring to meet 6th graders
Salary and Benefits
Base Salary: $18.17/hour for 36 hours/week, totaling $34,000/year (as a non-exempt employee, overtime pay is given for weekend retreats or events with prior authorization of SM Pastor)
Health Benefits: Individual medical, dental, vision, and disability (Premiums paid in full by Modesto Covenant Church. No employee contribution required other than co-pays or deductibles)
Or, a stipend of $100 per pay period in lieu of medical insurance
Ministry Expenses: To be reimbursed according to Student Ministries Budget
Seminary Classes: IGNITE PROGRAM – The church will provide $1500/year for seminary classes through the Ignite Program (half of the program cost), plus $600 in related costs. The SM Associate would be responsible for the other half of the tuition costs plus additional expenses not covered. The Ignite Program allows participants to earn an MA degree in three or four years through North Park Seminary, taking four classes a year in a cohort through an extension program in the Pacific Southwest Conference http://pswc.org/ignite/. It is not required that the SM Associate be involved with Ignite.
Vacation / Days Off
Annual paid vacation of ten workdays per year (2 weeks).
80 hours of sick leave allowed per year
Reimbursement up to $1,000 for expenses to move to Modesto, to include transportation of personal belongings and travel expenses to Modesto. Receipts must be submitted.
Modesto Covenant Church is a great place to do ministry! We are in a new season of ministry at our church having just finished a Sanctuary remodel with the addition of a new Front Room and Café. We have a solid group of volunteer youth leaders and very supportive parents. Our numbers have been growing steadily over the past year and we are excited to be offering new programs and growth opportunities for students.
Our ministries to students – junior high, high school, and college – are vital to our church. Through our core values of Mission, Christ, and Community we seek to lead students to become fully devoted, lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. These core values are reflected in the weekly meetings, events, discipleship groups, and relational time spent with students.
Currently our High School Youth Group averages 40 students each week and our Junior High Youth Group averages 30 students. There are also about 15-20 college students that meet together regularly during the school year, more during the summer. The primary focus of our Student Ministries Associate is to lead Junior High ministry and participate relationally within the young adults ministry. The Student Ministries Associate position is supervised by our Student Ministries Pastor. This is a full-time, two-year position that leads Junior High Ministry. Our young adults ministry is currently led by a group of volunteers.
Modesto Covenant Church is a 60 -year old church with an average Sunday morning worship attendance of about 450. We have two identical, multigenerational worship services on Sunday morning at 8:30 and 11:00 AM with a Sunday School hour in between the worship services. The worship services are led each week by a band, vocal teams, and on occasion our worship also includes a praise choir, orchestra, and hand bells.
Modesto is located in the Central Valley of California with a population of 210,000. While having many attactions of a larger city, Modesto maintains a small town feel. Modesto is centrally located within a two-hour drive of the ocean (Santa Cruz, San Francisco) and mountains (including Yosemite National Park). Modesto is also in the heart of one of the nation’s greatest agricultural areas, with dairy products, nuts, fruits, wine grapes, poultry products, and other products.
Persons interested in being considered for this position:
Email a cover letter and resume to Caleb Byron, Student Ministries Pastor at Modesto Covenant Church – firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if possible, include a video or audio link of you teaching in your email.
The National Presbyterian Church (NPC) is seeking an Associate for Youth Ministry, to support their growing and active youth ministry. The Associate for Youth Ministry will work with the Director of Youth Ministry to develop the relational aspect of the existing youth ministry programs, specifically with a focus on boys’ discipleship. The Associate for Youth Ministry may also have an “R and D” role in exploring new ministry initiatives with young adults. NPC is an historic and vibrant Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation located in northwest Washington DC, near American University. This position is open to both part-time or full-time applicants.
If applicable, NPC will enroll the Associate Youth Director in the Center for Youth Ministry Training Graduate Residency program (cymt.org) which provides a full scholarship for a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry degree and practical coaching.
To learn more and apply for this position, please visit nationalpres.org/jobs.
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing discipleship relationships with individual youth and building relationships with families.
- Developing a connection plan, to ensure that every youth is contacted at least once/year.
- Implementing of a new visitor follow-up process.
- Supporting weekly Sunday School, High School Small Group, and Youth Group.
- If applicable, developing a youth worship component on Sunday mornings, and developing youth leadership in music.
- Serving as staff liaison for young adult ministry initiatives.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent ministry experience
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with youth, with a willing spirit to serve and be used by God in the lives of youth.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, to be mentored and taught, and to improve leadership skills.
- Good skills in listening and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, cooperatively, and collegially with staff, parishioners, volunteers, and as a team member.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 references
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
We are a dynamic, Spirit-filled, multi-ethnic, Assembly of God church located in South Florida. We are seeking a full-time youth/young adults pastor (a couple is preferred) who is comfortable and adept at working in a multi-cultural environment (mainly Hispanic and Caribbean).
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• The candidate (and their spouse) should exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, a healthy family life, and be a team player.
• The candidate should be baptized in the Holy Spirit, have a passion for God’s Word, a love for young people, a servants heart, and a passion for evangelism both personally and at the ministry level.
• The ability to execute a long term vision for the youth ministry (Junior High and High School) and Young Adults Ministry (18-35 years old).
• An engaging teacher and preacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
• Musical ability and ability to speak Spanish is a plus, though not required.
Please emal resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Maria Khaleel
New Life Assembly of God
7885 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, Fl 33024