The people of Connell Memorial United Methodist Church seek a director of youth ministries for faith forming ministry of activity-based fellowship, retreats, service, and missions. The church is in a suburban community of Nashville TN with full program for all ages and average worship attendance of about 200.
This position is based on an annual expectation of 1250 hours; a workload averaging 25 hours a week. Salary and some benefits, including a 2 br 1 ba house and utilities, will be commensurate to education and experience. Open to discussion of expansion of hours to include young adult ministries.
Full job description available upon request. Call (615) 859-5915 or email email@example.com
Send resume and cover letter to Connell Memorial UMC, 113 Church Street, Goodlettsville TN 37072, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bidwell Presbyterian Church in Chico, California seeks a Youth Director to provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th – 12th grade) ministry. The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through its Personnel and Youth Ministries Support Team. This is a full-time position with benefits.
1. Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
2. Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
3. Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church’s purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement, and core values.
4. A clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
5. Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
6. Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
7. A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
8. Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
9. Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management, and program coordination.
10. Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and writing.
11. Possesses excellent relational skills with the ability to build in-depth relationships with youth and adult volunteers.
12. Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience while actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
13. Ability to utilize modern communication technologies.
1. Ability to play an instrument, such as a guitar or piano to lead informal singing.
2. Experience in working with ministry teams.
3. Seminary degree or other academic training appropriate for this position
Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
Collaboration with staff, elder and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th-grade students.
Recruit, equip and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
· Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
· Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each subprogram. This includes the following programs and activities:
o Mid-week programs
o Small-group Bible studies
o Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
1. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
3. Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
We’re a diverse downtown Presbyterian church in a small town in Pennsylvania that has the best ice cream and bacon in the universe. As a church we strive to live into our vision to “share the heart of Christ from the heart of the city.” Our mission-oriented youth group has become multicultural and we find that diversity wonderful and challenging. Our young adult group is growing and meets weekly at a local pub and has great potential. We’re looking for a Jesus-loving, creative, energetic, mission-focused youth and young adult pastor who wants to help young people become devoted followers of Jesus Christ who love God and love neighbor. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications) and full benefits. Candidates must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, some experience in leading youth ministry (2+ years preferred) and be knowledgeable about resources, curriculum and best practices for leading youth ministry. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The full position description is available on request. We’d love to hear from you. Send your info to email@example.com
To apply, submit a job appropriate cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit a cover letter to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
St. John UCC is looking for an innovator who recognizes that children and youth ministry is changing, and who brings new ideas of how to reach children and their families with the gospel. This person will lead the Children and Youth Ministry programs at St John United Church of Christ, working with other staff and volunteers to build a program that builds Christian discipleship and faith development in our young people from birth to adulthood in the areas of Christian education, small group ministry, worship, camps, mission, fellowship, and inter-generation connections with the congregation and with the wider church. We are looking for someone with a heart for bringing new children, youth and families into the church.
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries reports directly to the pastors, who will provide an annual evaluation. Boards and Committees that provide financial oversight and collaborate with this role are: Board of Christian Education, Youth Ministry Committee, Children’s Ministry Committee.
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry will supervise the Children’s Ministry Coordinator and the Youth Ministry Leader and complete annual performance reviews for each.
Hours: Full-Time. Employee can select office hours with some flexibility, but Tuesday mornings, Wednesday evenings and weekend availability are required.
Salary: Salary + benefits based upon experience
St. John UCC is looking for an innovator who recognizes that children and youth ministry is changing, and who brings new ideas of how to reach children, youth, and their families with the gospel. We are looking for an experienced Christian educator who will build on existing programs, creating a sense of community for young people at St. John, and helping them take their faith beyond the walls of the church and into the wider community.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
5 years experience in Children or Youth ministry OR 5 years in a parallel field with significant church background.
Organizational skills to manage a multi-faceted program.
Person of deep personal faith eager to share that faith with others.
Degree with a major or minor in religious studies, education, or both.
Involvement in or understanding of the beliefs and practices of the United Church of Christ
Children’s Ministries Responsibilities
1) Nurturing existing Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Children’s Ministries (infants through 5th grade) which includes:
· Cultivating volunteer leadership by supporting current volunteers and identifying and training new volunteers.
· Identifying or creating curriculum that engages children and which is aligned with our UCC values.
· Communicating with families of the church to make sure that our programs are meeting their family’s spiritual needs.
2) Coordinating with Pastors, Staff, and Committees to develop a whole family approach to Christian education.
3) Develop opportunities that invite people in.
Youth Ministries Responsibilities
1) Nurture existing Sunday morning and Wednesday evening small group studies.
2) Organize and lead annual mission trips for middle school and high school each summer. Provide opportunities for mission and service throughout the year.
3) Actively participate with youth in activities to build strong relationships.
4) Work with the Youth Ministry Leader to develop seasonal special events and Bible studies for youth and their families.
5) Recruit and train volunteers.
6) Maintain awareness of issues that affect youth and create opportunities for discussion.
7) Develop an atmosphere that encourages honesty and builds community among the youth group.
1) Implement all programs using Safe church principles and guidelines.
2) Communicate effectively using all resources available (call/text, email, website, Facebook, church app, newsletters, bulletins, etc.). This includes being available to youth outside normal working hours.
3) Understand and maintain appropriate boundaries.
4) Understand and appreciate the unique heritage and practices of the United Church of Christ.
Presbyterian Church of Western Springs (PCWS) is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. PCWS has over 325 members with 100 people in attendance during Sunday worship with approximately 25 youth on the rolls. There has been much change in the staff at PCWS in the past few years and, with the arrival of a new called pastor last August, we are now working to rebuild our program staff to support the ongoing ministries and to creatively work to establish new ministries. This is an exciting time in the life of a congregation that has faithfully served the community for nearly 65 years.
PCWS has a long history of youth ministry for both middle school and high school students. Many of our adult members were once students in the youth programs and have had children graduate through the programs. This rich history provides both challenges and opportunities. Our next Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) will be tasked with supporting existing programs while also identifying ways that the program can be changed to fit current trends and philosophies of youth ministry. While many people are attached to “the way things have always been,” the candidate for this position will need to be sensitive to this while also confident enough to guide the congregation into the next chapter of innovative youth ministry at PCWS.
Working closely with the pastor, the candidate will design and implement programs for middle school and high school that focus on the following areas: faith formation/education, worship, fellowship, and mission. Weekly gatherings are expected to include elements of learning, worship, and fellowship (recognizing that there will be exceptions to this pattern). This will be new for many of the youth as they have been accustomed to a primary focus on fellowship/fun during monthly or twice-monthly gatherings. In addition to weekly youth group gatherings, separate opportunities for Bible study, fellowship, and mission will also need to be planned and executed. This includes a week-long high school mission trip.
The DYM will be expected to be in worship on Sunday mornings and assist in worship periodically while also encouraging the involvement of youth in worship leadership and in attendance. Currently, we offer Sunday School for middle school students twice a month. Our plan is to continue to do this with the DYM teaching one Sunday per month and a volunteer teaching the other.
As part of their approach to youth ministry, the DYM should consider building relationships with the youth of the church a top priority. This involves attending sporting events, performances, and other opportunities to show support to the youth, in addition to being available for conversation, counseling, and fun. The youth ministry components of this position are expected to be approximately 3/4 time. In order to make this position full-time, we are open to finding the right match between our needs and the skills/interests of the candidate.
Our priority is finding someone who is the right candidate for the DYM position, and after that, if full-time employment is desired by the candidate, we will discuss whether some combination of the following ministry areas would be appropriate for the candidate:
– Children’s Ministry (Sunday School coordination and planning and special events)
– Church Life
– Adult Education/Ministry
– Young Adult/College Ministry
This structure provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a youth ministry focus to explore other areas of interest and ministry. A final job description for the individual will be crafted with the candidate.
Based on the above description of the position, the ideal candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an enthusiastic and experienced youth worker with an ongoing passion for youth ministry. They should be able to work with limited supervision and require minimal administrative support. The candidate will be a partner in ministry with the Pastor, The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian, who started his call at PCWS in August 2018. This position is an opportunity to join the ministry team in the early stages with opportunities for significant input and leadership.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibility. While this position is not a called/installed position, ordained candidates or candidates in the Presbyterian Church (USA) ordination process are encouraged to contact us to discuss your interest and individual situation.
Learn more about our church and programs at presbyws.org and we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about the position and search, please contact The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian at 708-505-5409 or email@example.com.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BE OUR
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES?
Mount Washington Presbyterian Church, an 800 member congregation in the eastern suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio, seeks an individual with faith, creativity, and commitment to serve as our full-time Director of Youth Ministries for grades 7-12.
A candidate with engaging teaching skills and the ability to build personal relationships is essential, as well as related experience with youth.
See our website for a full job description and an introduction video created by our youth at www.mwpc-church.org/youth or see our MIF at www.pcusa.org/clc.
Submit PIF or resume to mwpcYDsearch@gmail.com.
Fenton United Methodist Church, Fenton, Michigan, is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Director of youth and Young Adult Ministries. For application and job description, please contact the church.
MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION
First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Position Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Supported by: Senior Pastor, Discipleship and Spiritual Formation Center
Our welcoming and vibrant Fort Collins church seeks an exceptional new team member who shares God’s heart for youth to lead our middle (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) ministries. Our focus is assuring our youth feel loved, encouraged and challenged as they explore and grow their relationship with Christ
Do you have excellent people and organizational skills, solid bible knowledge, and the maturity to guide our youth through this formative time? If so, please submit your résumé and the names of three work references, PLUS please be sure to include a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this specific position.
You will develop, coordinate and administer an effective and comprehensive ministry to the middle school and high school youth of the church, their families and the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Reaching out to, mentoring and investing in students – meeting them ‘where they’re at’ (school, athletic and musical events, homes, 1:1 relationships) – and drawing them into a growing relationship with Christ and Christ’s church – either directly or via equipping ministry partners depending on the size of the youth ministry
· Identifying, equipping and leading a “Youth Ministry Support Team” and additional volunteers as needed, made up of adults and youth who provide shared guidance, support, and leadership of the ministry
· Leading separate weekly middle school and high school youth groups and Sunday morning programs
· Inviting and equipping students for leadership roles in the ministry
· Leading Confirmation Class in collaboration with pastors and adult leaders
· Developing and leading Mission and Outreach opportunities in the community and beyond
· Planning, implementing and supporting outreach events, trips, and retreats
· Communicating timely and effectively with youth and their families
· Leading and equipping ministry partners with fundraising for the programs and related events
· Regularly attending worship with this congregation and be available to assist in worship
· Maintaining relationships with young adults from FPC that are now in college, locally and away
· Exploring collaborative partnerships with local Presbyterian and Ecumenical Youth Ministries
· Investing in one’s spiritual health through studying the Christian faith, the Bible, and exercise of regular spiritual disciplines
· Participating in regular staff meetings and with supervisor on an agreeable schedule and frequency
· Leading the promotion and publicizing of programs and events related to both ministry areas
· Other responsibilities as jointly identified with supervisor
Our Commitment to You
We will support you in fellowship, relationship, and discipleship so that you may be nurtured, edified, and strengthened in your walk of faith. We will provide a vocational setting in which your gifts are recognized, and you will be developed as a caregiver, director, and Christian ministry leader.
Qualifications and Skills
A background in scripture, theology or Christian education is preferred, but it’s more important to be an enthusiastic and caring Christian of integrity and empathy
– Can organize and prioritize multiple ministry programs
– Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills coupled with technology skills to communicate in electronic and social media formats
– Demonstrate a positive, vibrant, open, welcoming, energetic spirit to engage diverse Youth
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, counseling, psychology, social work, human development, and family studies or a closely related field
· Previous leadership experience in Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry
· Exhibits an active and growing faith in Jesus Christ and love for Christ’s church
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in scripture, theology, Christian education or related field
· Demonstrable capability and background in understanding and teaching from a Reformed theological perspective
· Proven ability to relate current social issues to sound faith principles and beliefs in a manner relatable to youth
· Additional skills that can enhance youth ministry, including musical ability, drama/theater, an interest in nature or outdoor sports
· 3 – 5 years of previous leadership experience in youth ministry
Come join the team leading this dynamic and mission motivated congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC that has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. Advent United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries who is ready to lead a thriving Student Ministry program (200+ students and 60+ adult volunteers) driving the spiritual formation and growth of Advent students (Grades 7th-12th). Advent UMC is the 10th largest UMC congregation in South Carolina with a mission for growth.
Our overall Church mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At Advent we embrace this mission and believe that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. We strongly believe that it is our mission to pour into the lives of our youth and their families, while emboldening and empowering them to be disciples within and outside our church walls.
We seek an inspired, positive and enthusiastic, yet humble leader who can work effectively as a key member of the Advent staff team. This opportunity is perfect for that individual who has demonstrated experience in reaching and inspiring students, ages 12 – 18, and who is ready to take our successful Advent Student Ministry program to the next level. Innovating, planning and leading weekly youth programming and special events for our students, while building relationships with youth within and outside Advent UMC is an integral part of this key role. In addition, the Director will serve as a mentor to our Assistant Director of Student Ministry, and both will be responsible for recruiting and equipping our outstanding team of adult volunteers. The Student Ministry team also includes the Director of Contemporary Music, who oversees, mentors and influences the Cross youth band and Crescendo youth choir.
The Director should have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle inside and outside of church. Key candidate attributes should include a college degree, relevant and measurable ministry experience and a demonstrated passion and love for Student Ministry.
If this opportunity is calling to you, please come check us out at www.advent-umc.org, and see what Advent UMC and Advent Student Ministries is all about!!
This Director position is Full Time, year-round and Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STUDENTMINISTRY@ADVENT-UMC.ORG
Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Director for Youth Ministry
A bilingual (English-Spanish) Lutheran congregation in northern Virginia seeks a part-time, creative, energetic and committed Christian with intergenerational relationship building skills to offer leadership in the faith formation of youth in the congregation and community. The candidate for this position will have a college degree, preferably in a field related to education, psychology or youth ministry. Two or more years experience in youth ministry and some musical ability are preferred. Please submit a resume and a short letter of introduction describing why God might be calling you to this position to Pastor Albert Triolo at firstname.lastname@example.org or St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 5800 Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22150.