PURPOSE: To lead middle school, high school and college students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ by creating an atmosphere in which Christian and uncommitted students are drawn to explore the faith; provide leadership and supervision for student ministry programs, including Sunday morning programming, midweek programming, small groups, retreats, mission experiences and special events. The primary role of this Director/Assistant Pastor is to teach, lead, and administer in the area of student ministries in alignment with Glenkirk’s mission in such a way that students and leaders experience spiritual growth.
1. Invite students to join in the journey of becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus, loving God and His world. Empowering them to know Jesus, serve Him, find life in Him and follow Him.
2. Lead dynamic weekly programs that reach unchurched students and draw students into committed discipleship, teaching them the Scriptures and the way of Jesus. Select and implement appropriate curriculum
3. Recruit, train, and lead volunteer teams to minister to students.
4. Involve parents in the Student Ministries, assuring that they are informed and have voice in the ministry.
5. Integrate students into church ministries, including a natural flow from the children’s to student ministries and into all church involvement.
6. Responsibly manage the student ministries budget.
7. Participate in worship leadership as requested and attend weekly worship.
8. Collaborate with Student Ministry Team
9. Participate in all staff meetings, retreats, and church activities as requested.
10. Various duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
11. Supervise/mentor the Assistant Director of Student Ministries and interns
· Be in agreement with Glenkirk’s statement of faith and ECO’s essential tenets.
· B.A. that includes theological or ministry education and/or progress on a masters level degree in theology, ministry, or equivalent field.
· Be able to articulate the Christian faith in a way that is engaging to students and families.
· High standards of personal integrity in all contexts.
· Be loving, collegial, and humble in their relationships among staff and families.
· Be able to demonstrate significant organizational and supervisory skills, creating teams around innovative ideas.
· Have strong communication skills.
· Be a trainer and leader of volunteer staff.
· This position will require previous experience in leading dynamic student ministries.
Ministry Expectations for NextGen Ministries (0 – 18rs)
o Recruit volunteers, with in partnership with the NextGen Committee
§ Sundays, Wednesdays, VBS, and Special Events
o Select and communicate age-appropriate curriculum presenting for review to the committee & Elder Board.
o Train volunteers on curriculum, age-appropriate Bible skills, and leading a child to Christ.
o Provide weekly spiritual guidance and encouragement to volunteers.
o Maintain classroom supplies, materials for object lessons and order curriculum.
o Host Parent meeting at least 2 times a year.
o Partner with parents in resources for the home
o Attend Annual conferences, global leadership summit, staff training.
o Attend Next Generation Committee meetings (Monthly), staff meetings (Weekly)
o Develop and monitor yearly budget
o Maintain weekly attendance records for all NextGen programs.
o Communicate with parents, volunteers, church staff and Elder Board on a regular basis.
o Distribute and collect registration/emergency/permission forms for all Community Kids participants.
o Work with church staff to maintain background check files on volunteers.
o Profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
o Attend weekly worship service.
o Be engaged in personal daily Bible study and prayer.
o Minimum high school diploma.
o experience working with children of all ages.
o passion for children and their spiritual development.
o Positive outlook, encourager.
o Able to work some nights and weekends.
o Experience in discipleship and spiritual development.
o Commitment to moral purity.
o Supervise and coach volunteers in all areas of Next Generation Ministry.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Exhibits an abiding and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Possesses strong relational skills
– Effective at shepherding and team building, with the ability to lead with a spirit of discernment.
POSITION: Youth Pastor
REPORTS TO: Operations/Administrative Pastor
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt, full-time salaried
WORK HOURS: Approximately 40 hours per week
Sundays from 9am-2pm
Some nights and weekends for youth events and small groups
ABOUT CORNERSTONESF: CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to worship Jesus, and learn about Him for 60-ish minutes in a casual, yet sacred space. So no matter which campus you’re at, our mission is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life with Him.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s youth ministry strives to lead middle school (6th-8th) and high school (9th-12th) students into an authentic relationship with Jesus, while creating life-giving relationships with leaders and each other. We want our students to be spiritually alive and unified in Christ! We are looking for a Youth Pastor to join our amazing team and partner with us and God in what He is doing in the city of San Francisco.
The Youth Pastor will be responsible for the overall vision and direction of the youth ministry, day to day operations, and everything in between. This includes but is not limited to running weekly youth services and teaching regularly, recruiting and leading the volunteer team, pouring into the lives of students in various capacities, planning and executing events and away camps, effectively manage ministry budget, and more.
The Youth Pastor will be someone who loves Jesus deeply, is spiritually mature, has experience in youth ministry (preferably in a large city and a multi-campus church), has excellent communication skills, effectively connects with and relates to teenagers, and is outreach-minded. He or she should also be teachable, self-aware, good with people, passionate, reliable, and someone who takes initiative. They should be a leader who is empathetic, discerning, loving, kind, and full of energy. And of course, they should LOVE youth!
Provide strong leadership of youth department, including day to day operations and long-term vision and direction
Lead weekly Sunday youth services, including scheduling the volunteers, engaging with new families, teaching, and more
Recruit and lead the youth team, which includes identifying excellent candidates, interviewing, on-boarding, training, and building ongoing relationships to mobilize a highly competent team
Disciple students and connect with them weekly both one-on-one and in small groups in order to support their spiritual growth and development
Plan and execute monthly or quarterly events and away camps for middle and high school, with careful attention to outreach and community engagement
Administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, sending e-newsletters, some social media engagement, and communicating with volunteers and parents
Effectively administer ministry budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Spiritual maturity with a lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment to Christ
5+ Years of youth ministry experience, preferably in a large city and multi-campus church
A bachelor’s degree preferably in Christian Ministry related field
Passion for teens and leading them to Jesus
Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with teens
Passionate about outreach initiatives and excited to partner with the church to reach the unchurched
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Hardworking team player who is self-aware, eager to learn, and takes initiative
Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
Empathetic, discerning, compassionate
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Excels at time management
Commitment to the church body outside of youth ministry, including attending weekly Sunday service, supporting body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group
Reliable transportation is required; providing occasional rides for students is a bonus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Present at all corporate events and services such as Worship and Communion, Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, as well as monthly staff meetings and annual staff planning retreats.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Thurs and all services on Sundays
SALARY: Competitive salary with generous benefit package (Paid insurance, Cell phone reimbursement, Paid vacation time, Retirement matching)
About New Life Community Church:
New Life Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Gardner, a rapidly growing suburb of Kansas City. New Life is a church passionate about reaching the lost in simple and effective ways. Our mission statement is “Love God. Love People. Nothing else really matters.” NLCC is in the process of building a new 65,000sqft facility on a 12 acre campus and is look to hire leaders who can lead in the present and grow with us into the future.
At New Life Community Church (NLCC) the desire is to foster an open, collaborative working environment that engages staff and their unique spiritual gifts in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. NLCC’s staff is valued and considered to be the most important asset, provided by God, in the church’s ability to help people “Love God and Love People.”
The Student Ministry Pastor is a Pastoral Staff position and reports to a direct report in the Executive Staff for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The Primary Focus:
Work with the Ministerial Staff to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Student Ministry to:
- Develop, cultivate, and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the student ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of New Life Community Church.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple the students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Develop a clear strategy for onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of student ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to student ministries and outreach opportunities.
- Communicate with the students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours Monday – Thursday and attend all weekend and student ministry services.
- Ensure that Student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Plan and execute trips and special events for student ministry.
- Design, oversee, and evaluate all curriculum for the student ministry program.
- Create, plan, and execute student ministry services.
- Be the primary communicator for student ministry services.
- Actively engage with students and parents during weekend service.
- Be an active participant in all weekend services.
- Assist the Children’s pastor in the execution of Transit (5th-6th grade).
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the New Life Community Church Staff Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of New Life Community Church and submit to the direction of the senior pastor, elders and other leadership of the church. http://newlifegardner.com/what-we-believe
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with students, parents, and teams of volunteers. i.e. emotional and relationship intelligence
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A Professional Certification in Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of student ministry is preferred.
- Must be coachable. Able to learn and adapt to the culture of New Life Community Church.
- Must be comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of critique.
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration. No lone rangers.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positive, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient with social media, and excellent computer skills.
- Other skills such as video editing, musical aptitude, graphic design (peripheral skills related to Student Ministry) appreciated but not required.
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check.
Please send an email to New Life Community Church info@NewLifeGardner.com with the subject line “Student Ministry Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)
Status: Full Time Exempt
40 hours a week
Work week Sunday – Thursday occasional weekends.
Purpose: To build youth, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus.
Have visible, successful experience in children’s ministry.
At least a bachelor’s degree.
Live no more than 15 miles from Marble Falls within 1 month of hire date.
Ability to set and achieve goals
Able to communicate vision
A good communicator
A team builder
Develop relationships with students grade 6-12.
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of students including but not limited to camps, retreats, etc.
Incorporate students into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church.
Develop relationships with parents of students.
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on students.
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church.
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve students and their parents.
Schedule and train volunteers
1. Create and implement community wide events.
2. Build relationships and work with other youth pastors, churches and parachurch organizations.
Please submit resume and philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org
I. Purpose of the Job:
To serve the vision of New Life Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
· Minimum of 3+ years of hands on student ministry experience.
· Effective pastoral leadership.
· Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of students.
· Systematic team building and leadership development.
· Ability to communicate vision.
· Student ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn new programs and technology as needed.
· Leadership and administrative experience
· Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time as needed
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Develop a strategy for reaching students in local schools and getting them attending and involved at New Life Church.
· Utilize life group environments, recruit, train, and empower leaders to leads groups of students.
· Consider implementing a once a month gathering that connects students to the growth track, dream team, worship, praying, building healthy community and challenges them to grow as leaders within the church.
· Build teams that involve students and empower them as leaders.
· Strategically promote students using mediums other than Sunday morning announcements.
· Actively participate in social media on a regular basis for students and parents to stay connected to student life.
· Intentionally build relationships with affiliated churches through ARC and other NLC partnerships.
· Connect with schools within the community in order to enable students to participate in student services.
· Actively follow up with every student that fills out a connection card from a student service, life group, or weekend service.
· Relationally serve students in pastoral care needs and create personal growth plans for students to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
· Liaison for all Life Group systems and structure implemented by NLC staff.
· Liaison for all Growth Track systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Liaison for all Dream Team systems and structure implemented by NLC Staff.
· Lead summer internship programs. Coordinate summer schedule, create and maintain budget, personally intervene when necessary for all pastoral care needs.
· Raise up Student leaders.
· Organize all Student events and leadership opportunities.
· Strategically keep students involved in the life of the dream team, events, and weekend services at NLC.
· Provide ongoing youth ministry training for other churches that may look to us for leadership and ideas.
· Organize and oversee student involvement for Conferences/Retreats/Church-wide events
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Availability for hosting services, hosting guest pastors.
V. Employee’s possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
· Love for God
· Love for People
· Work Ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
· Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
VI. Skills & Attributes
· Christ-like, servant attitude
· Devoted to the call of God and the vision of New Life Church
· Operate with a spirit of excellence
· Committed to the core values and purposes of New Life Church
· Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of life groups at New Life Church
· Leader, team builder
· Passion for the Lord and people
VII. Physical Demands:
· Light lifting
Please submit interest through Youth Specialties Job Bank.
This 32+ hour position will oversee all aspects of youth ministry (6th-12th grades) for Concord Trinity UMC in St. Louis which has more than 50 active youth and a dozen adult volunteers. Our next Youth Ministries Director will continue to grow our safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for students to explore, express and live out their faith in Christ. This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the weekly Sunday School, Sunday night small groups and youth worship, special events, fall retreat, dessert theater, confirmation, outreach, mission trips, volunteers and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational with a sense of humor. Ability to work with youth praise band a plus. Prefer undergraduate with youth ministry emphasis or Christian ministries experience. Send resume to email@example.com.
I. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
1. Daily Schedule – regular office hours shall be kept, with the day beginning with the generally accepted office hours of the church. Two days off per week shall be granted, with the exception of special events, outreaches or group involvement that involves leadership. (A minimum of forty  hours a week is expected).
2. Staff meetings – regular attendance at all staff meetings; prepared to report on ministry activities.
3. Accountable directly to the Senior.
4. Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the total good of the church.
5. Consult Senior Pastor on plans and policies.
II. BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The youth pastor will have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of these areas of ministry.
o Guide the Church in determining a philosophy of youth ministry.
o Set up a balanced program of youth education and ministry within the This includes small groups, mid-week ministries, outreaches, and missions.
o Guide in developing policies and procedures for effective youth ministry.
o Aid in recruiting leadership for youth staff positions.
o Serve as a resource person to provide the impetus for effective youth ministry.
o Give guidance, direction, and training to all youth staff; disciple them for a fruitful ministry.
o Lead, guide, and counsel and parents in personal Christian growth and development.
o Cooperate with the district and denominational youth programs, involving our youth, whenever possible, in the district and sectional activities.
o Constantly evaluate the objective and effectiveness of youth ministry, implementing improvements and changes wherever needed.
o Promote the youth ministry outside the church, taking youth ministry into our schools and community as commanded in Matthew 28:18-20.
o Hospital calling – share with Staff Pastors in ministering to the sick. The scheduling and frequency of this responsibility shall be determined by the Senior Pastor.
o Sunday or special service assistance – assist in serving communion, making announcements, preaching, or other needs during designated service or gatherings.
o Counseling – offer counsel when called
1. Develop plan for discovering, recruiting, and training all youth’s This includes continuing training for experienced workers as well as that for new workers.
2. Give leadership to all outreach and evangelism efforts with the youth, such as visitation and follow-up of new Christians.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of all youth ministries Suggest needed changes and develop plans for making these changes.
4. Prepare a budget to cover all aspects of the church’s ministry to Take responsibility for disbursing all funds.
5. Develop special ministry groups such as mission teams, worship teams, etc.
6. Serve as a competent counselor for parents and youth.
7. Plan and lead events like missions trips, retreats, and conferences for the youth ministries.
1. A committed Christian life, living in accordance with the Word of God.
2. Agree with the doctrinal statement of the church and be willing to abide by the by-laws of our church constitution.
3. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and teachable.
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate with all groups in the scope of his/her ministry.
5. Demonstrates a willingness to be a servant.
6. A licensed or ordained minister with the Assemblies of God is optimal, or willingness to obtain credentials.
IV. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in pastoral practices. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience. Continuous training in Bible and human resources.
1. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Council with all reasonable expenses paid.
2. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Minister’s Institute with all reasonable expenses paid.
3. Out of Town Conferences- In addition to District Council and Ministers Institute, pastors will be allowed to attend one out-of town conference per year (as finances allow).
4. Local Conference
5. Conference time should not be used as vacation time.
6. If an employee has a spouse, it will be expected that the spouse be involved in an agreed upon understanding between all parties involved.
MAPLEVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH
Position: Youth Director
Hours: 20 hrs/week = 3 days/week
Start Date: 1/1/2020
Vacation: 2 weeks
Purpose: To glorify God by serving the pastors, parents, and youth of Mapleview Baptist Church through the development and execution of a Biblically grounded youth program.
1. Lead weekly Sunday school and mid-week youth group meetings for Junior High and Senior High students at Mapleview.
2. Enlist and train all leaders and workers in youth ministry.
3. Plan and conduct special events, camps, missions trips, service projects, outreach, and fundraisers.
4. Wisely steward the annual allotted youth budget.
5. Attend the weekly staff meeting.
6. Attend every all-church event and be willing to serve wherever needed.
7. Encourage and support the parents of the youth as they train up their children.
8. Sporadically join the Senior Pastor at conferences, visitations of the sick and elderly, and other mentoring opportunities.
Compensation: $25,000 annual starting
The youth director and elders will meet after 6 months to review and assess the ministry and plan the way ahead.
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church is looking for a Director of Youth Ministry that fits the island culture of Fernandina Beach, Florida. With newly renovated youth space and a growing youth ministry, the church is poised to continue to reach generations of residents “on the island.” This welcoming and generous church has an incredible variety of worship experiences throughout the year and is well known for being a place where the community gathers for meetings, activities and the many festivals that take place up and down historic Centre Street. Fernandina Beach is a vacation destination with wonderful restaurants, as well as home to two mills. Residents move here to stay. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to be the next Director of Youth Ministry at St. Peter’s.