Portland Covenant Church, formerly Irvington Covenant Church, centrally located in Portland’s King neighborhood, is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries.
Portland Covenant Church is a 30-year-old urban, intentionally multi-ethnic and multi-generational church. Our vision is to glorify God and make disciples by creating a diverse community of love and justice in the city of Portland. We are called to participate in God’s holistic mission of reconciliation. We love God and we love people.
The ideal candidate for Director of Youth Ministries is self-motivated, organized, dependable, and ready to build a comprehensive ministry from the ground up. They will demonstrate high cross-cultural competency. They should be enthusiastic, friendly, and relate well with people of any age, race, and ability.
Portland Covenant is in year three of a Revitalization Agreement with the PacNW Conference and the ECC. Due to our high season of growth, we are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter.
The Director of Youth Ministries is a paid part-time (20 hours per week) bi-vocational position.
-Oversee the vision and direction of Youth Ministries including budgeting, curriculum, teaching materials, developing servanthood and leadership programs, planning and organizing church activities, and establishing youth groups.
-Provide spiritual care to youth, families, and volunteers.
-Foster seamless communication with families.
-Curate monthly email to families/caregivers of participating youth.
-Oversee Youth Ministry volunteers.
-Recruit, train, develop, and schedule volunteers.
-Develop and lead a core team. Lead meetings regularly.
-Pray for, encourage, and spiritually lead volunteers.
-Celebrate volunteer contributions.
-Complete background checks for all volunteers.
-Uphold safety of youth and volunteers.
-Maintain Transportation Waivers and permission slips for all external activities. -Complete and maintain Incident Reports.
-Participate in Discipleship Classes and Sunday Services.
-Attend weekly Staff Meetings and annual Staff Retreat,
-Attend Youth Ministry conferences and Student Ministry Training.
Biblical training and/or education
Child development/care, training, and/or education
Certification in First Aid, CPR, DHS, Child Abuse training
Familiarity with Special Needs children, Youth w/IEP, 504 plans
Successful track record of developing, planning and executing directions/activities with minimal supervision
Recruiting and coordinating volunteers
Job Type: Part-time
Chestnut Ridge Church is a large church in Morgantown, WV. Our vision is to be an inviting church that leads people into a growing relationship with God and others. We are located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West Virginia, offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine, the Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
We are seeking a full-time Student Ministry Director/Pastor. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Orange, and “Simple Church”.
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment, and organizational skills. Experience with Orange Philosophy and familiarity with North Point Ministries’ strategy and approach is highly valued.
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to firstname.lastname@example.org *****
The role of the Student Ministry Director/Pastor will be to shape the Vision & Direction of Student Ministry (6th-12th grade), coordinate programming for student ministry, oversee and execute events, recruit and train leaders for the student ministry and groups. You will create engaging environments where students feel like they belong so that they can grow in their relationship with God and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for Weekly Programming for Middle School and High School
• Responsible for Programming for all student ministry events
• Develop Teaching Team for Student Ministry
• Develops creative content/direction for middle school and high school
• Recruit and develop Programming Teams (worship, hosts, teachers, tech)
Responsible for ensuring every CRC student is connected to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers, and every leader is equipped to lead small.
• Monitor health and direction of groups
• Recruit, Assign, and direct new and veteran coaches
• Meet regularly with Coaches/SGL’s for training and equipping
• Works with coaches for the purpose of training and equipping SGL’s
• Monitor leader attendance at leader meetings and weekly environments
• Monitor orientation of new leaders
• Coordinates size and structure of groups/group multiplication
• Assigns new students to appropriate small group
• Responsible for the transition of rising 6th through 11th grade students
• Assist in the transition of students to college
• Coordinating, planning and carrying out regularly SGL leader meetings
Manage Special Events & Large Events (registration, communication, marketing, etc) for middle school & high school ministry
Develop and maintain calendars for middle school & high school ministry
Coordinate communication strategies for student ministry with CRC Communications Department
Coordinate with Family Ministries Director for student ministry budget
Connect students to Family Ministry Strategy for students serving
Work within larger family ministry team
Serve on the overall CRC staff team which includes:
Participating in weekly planning/strategy meetings
Providing assistance on all-church initiatives [baptism and membership interviews]
Collaborate with Elementary Ministries to ensure effective transition of children between departments
Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within the ministry.
2+ years of experience working in a student ministry in a church over 500 people
Bachelors degree or equivalent
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to email@example.com *****
To serve as a spiritual leader, role model, and champion of youth while integrating youth ministry throughout the church.
Location: Denton, Texas
Hours: Maintain part-time schedule (20-25 hours/week with flexible hours) meeting youth program needs, assisting and participating along with Children’s and Music Ministry staff and in coordination with Senior Pastor during at least one worship service and the Sunday school hour.
Responsibilities and Goals: The Director of Youth Ministries supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values to develop a thriving United Methodist youth ministries program and providing programming and spiritual guidance for junior and senior high youth. The Director works with the Senior Pastor, staff members, the congregation, junior and senior high youth and their families to develop and implement programming for preparing our youth to become leaders within the church and their community.
Specific duties and tasks of the position
· Lead and teach youth Sunday school as well as lead the Wednesday and Sunday night youth programming
· Recruit youth from TUMC and the community to participate in youth ministry
· Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to develop and teach confirmation class for middle school and high school. Provide leadership beyond the classroom by equipping mentors, encouraging parental support, and challenging confirmands to fully participate in the journey
· Work with the youth to set an annual calendar of activities and events
· Develop and support the planning and execution of events that encompass a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group/team building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach
· Empower and mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
· Encourage youth in developing their relationship with God
· Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their community and world
· Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget
· Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratio
· Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth at TUMC and in the community
· Establish and maintain strong and timely communication with the church staff and leadership, parents, youth and congregation as a whole
· Ensure that Ministry Safe (child protection policy) is observed in all youth ministry settings
· Incorporate music as an element of youth ministry either through personal talent or talents of others within the church community including working closely with our Praise Band (plays primarily at contemporary Refuel service (9:45 am)
· Attendance at weekly staff meeting and worship planning meetings
· Travel is required several times throughout the year for mission trips, weekend retreats and youth activities
· Provide sermon leadership once per quarter at contemporary (Refuel 9:45 am) and provide support for contemporary Refuel Service (9:45 am) worship service as needed to support pastor
· Pastor may provide additional tasks that are consistent with the job description and can reasonably be expected to be accomplished within the position’s work hours (20-25 hours/week)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology
2. Must know and believe that the mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
3. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is a preferred requirement. A Professional Certification in Youth Ministry is a preferred requirement.
4. Experience at United Methodist Churches is preferred, but not required.
5. Desired qualities:
A. visionary leadership and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
B. excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer/technology skills including social media and the ability to use church-related software
C. possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, their families, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
We are looking for a high-energy relational person to oversee a thriving program for those in middle school, where the goal is to move these students toward becoming disciples of Christ. Roswell Presbyterian Church (RPC) welcomes a large family of faith to live out the good news of Jesus Christ. With roots that go back to 1839, RPC belongs to the historic Reformed tradition of the Presbyterian Church (USA) that trusts in the grace and love of Jesus Christ for ourselves and for the whole world. We respond to God’s love revealed in Jesus Christ by loving with our heads, hearts, and hands. Please see the attached job description. https://www.roswellpres.org/careers
As the Youth Ministry Director at Revolution22, you will lead all aspects of our 5th- 12th grade students. You are expected to lead and disciple these students into an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
Depending on your job experience your hours will be 32 – 40 a week with full benefits.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead all students and parents and volunteers from 5-12 grade at Revolution22.
- Coordinate and lead weekly age appropriate gatherings on Sundays and midweek.
- Invite, train, and develop new volunteers to be a part of the youth ministry.
- Pick curriculum and teachings for Sundays that is both relevant and fluid with the mission of Revolution22.
- Help maintain volunteer calendars and provide appropriate levels of communication, guidance, and support for both the parents and students.
- Carry out effective communication (phone, email, and/or text) with staff and volunteers.
- Create an environment that encourages and enables effective use of volunteers (recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training)
- Grow the youth ministry at Revolution22 to be God glorifying, creative, and appropriately fresh/new.
Barefoot Student Ministries is sharing the love of God with over 100 middle and high school students each week. Barefoot is a ministry of First United Methodist Church of Mount Dora whose mission is “Loving God, Loving Others.” The ministry needs a new dynamic, spiritual leader to guide its youth and young adults as they grow in faith.
This full-time position as the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries receives a livable salary and benefits. No pumpkin patch fundraisers. Youth ministry experience and passion for students is required. To apply, visit the website at www.mtdorafumc.org, send their resume to First United Methodist Church, Attn: Janet Westlake, 440 E. Sixth Ave., Mount Dora, FL, 32757 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First United Methodist Church of Magnolia is entertaining applications for their full-time Director of Youth Ministries position, opening at the end of May. Please send resume and cover letter to our church office, via mail or email at email@example.com . Applications accepted until the position has been filled. Call our office at 870-234-4530 for more information.
First United Methodist Church is located at 320 W. Main, Magnolia, AR 71753
Seeking Full Time Director of Youth and Young Adults
Poteau (Oklahoma) First United Methodist Church is looking for a Full-Time Director of Youth and Young Adults Ministry. We are a vibrant and growing mid-sized church that is moving from a part-time youth director to full-time youth director. This position will also be responsible for developing a young adult ministry.
Bachelor’s Degree in Religion, Christian Education, Youth Ministry or equivalent is preferred.
Three years’ experience is preferred
Salary is based on experience and education.
Contact Rev. Jim Perkin by email or phone to receive application, submit resume, ask questions, and to receive full job description.
Little Falls Presbyterian Church is passionate about the spiritual growth of youth. We seek a person who will develop and lead a weekly program with Jr. and Sr. High school youth which includes Sunday evening programs, activities, small groups, retreats, bible studies and mission endeavors.
If you have a love for the Lord, can build relationships with youth, have the ability to motivate and develop youth leaders, have strong leadership and administrative skills, can plan programs in advance, communicate well and relate well to others, and believe that you might be the right person for this position, you are encouraged to apply. Our pastor and dedicated youth ministry leaders are waiting for God to call upon you to join us in ministry to children and youth.
We offer compensation which includes a yearly salary and the use of a recently renovated tax-free 2-bedroom apartment.
View full Job Description at https://www.littlefallschurch.org/director-of-youth
Part-Time 20-25 flexible hours per week; Salary: $18,000 – $22,000 yr. plus rent free/tax-free use of a 2-bedroom standalone apartment in the 22207 zip code of north Arlington, Virginia with front door access to the Arlington bus and Metro access less than a mile away.
Total estimated part-time position value, including housing $41,000 – $45,000
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will begin as soon as candidate is chosen.
Position: Director of Youth Ministries
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Hours: Maintain full-time schedule with flexible hours meeting youth program needs, be present to assist and participate Sunday mornings during at least one worship service and the Sunday school hour.
Supervises: Employees and volunteers of youth ministries.
Objective: The Director of Youth Ministries supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values by overseeing the ongoing development of a vital United Methodist youth ministries program and offering spiritual guidance for junior and senior high youth.
Summary: The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for youth fellowship programs and youth mission activities that guide youth as they grow spiritually as disciples of Christ. The Director shall assist in the recruiting, training, and supervising of employees and volunteers for youth ministries. In partnership with the Church’s pastors, staff, members of the congregation, junior and senior high youth and their families, the Director will work to develop and implement programming that equips youth to become leaders within the church and their community.
Directing and Coordinating Youth Related Ministries
1. Visioning and setting goals
• Develop and implement the goals for youth ministry that support the Church’s mission in alignment with the following areas: Discipleship, Fellowship, Mission/Service, Evangelism, Welcome, Leadership, and Church
2. Program Coordination and Administration
• Administer a complete junior and senior high youth program including but not limited to weekly youth fellowship activities, Confirmation, mission/service opportunities
• Coordinate and schedule all events relating to youth ministries
• Coordinate youth involvement in the Rummage Sale and other fundraisers and serve as one of the chairs for the Rummage Sale
• Coordinate, teach, and oversee youth Sunday school, Wednesday evening youth gatherings, and other discipleship opportunities for youth
• Work closely with student leaders (Youth Cabinet) to develop them into strong Christian leaders
• Develop and work within a youth budget
3. Coordinate Adult Volunteers
• Recruit, train, supervise, provide resources for, and communicate with volunteer adults to be youth leaders and mentors
Connection and Communication
1. With Youth
• Coordinate various youth communications
• Oversee the content of the youth page on the church website and other social media
• Produce a calendar of events
• Make appropriate announcements at worship services when necessary
2. With Adults and Families
• Keep key adults and parents of the Church informed of the youth ministry through letters, phone calls, personal visits, email
3. With Congregation of Church
• Work with staff to inform youth of vital opportunities for service, worship, and education within the church
• Work with staff to inform the church of vital opportunities for service, worship, and education within youth ministries
4. With District and Conference
• Participate in and encourage youth involvement in local, district, conference, and national United Methodist events
Accountability to Wesley Staff
1. Attend weekly staff meetings
2. Keep others informed of scheduled office hours as work is often flexible due to evening and weekend youth commitments
3. Perform other duties as may become necessary in the team ministry of the Church and assigned by Associate Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee
Personal Growth and Self-Care
1. Seek and maintain time and activities for personal spiritual renewal and growth
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Education Requirements
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with youth and adults
• Enthusiasm, desire, energy, and stamina for working with youth
• Effective administrative and organizational skills
• Willing to support and instruct United Methodist Church beliefs and practices
• Professional training and/or experience in the following:
– Biblical and theological training
– Adolescent psychology (college coursework or equivalent)
– Working with junior and senior high age level
– Interpersonal relationship building
– Christian education
– Leadership training
• Exhibit professional skills, appearance, and conduct
• Commitment to continuing education for personal and professional development and growth
• Knowledge of basic computer skills, including:
– Word processing
– Internet and email
– Social media and texting
Additional Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter addressing your experience to Pastor Justin Iverson at 309.827.8046 or email@example.com.