Seeking full-time Director of Student Ministries: Click for Job Description
Hamblen Park Presbyterian Church is in Spokane, Washington in a thriving and diverse region of the city, close to outstanding outdoor recreational opportunities. We are seeking an experienced Director of Student Ministries. Hamblen Church has a long history of quality ministry with youth and families. We hope to grow the communities, educational opportunities, and volunteer ministries that invite youth to follow Jesus Christ.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Student Ministry to lead and expand ministry with 7th grade through 12th grade students and leaders. Our youth ministry seeks to build community, grow through God’s word, and reach area youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have up to 45 students in our weekly programs with around 70 registered as “active” in the church. Major responsibilities include Sunday morning Sunday School, evening youth groups, monthly events, discipleship groups, summer camps, and mission trips. This position may oversee part-time interns or staff and will further develop our volunteer ministry pool. We seek those with professional youth ministry experience and prefer a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education, ministry, theology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
This position is part of a dynamic and fun program staff team that collaboratively leads the ministries of the church.
Accepting Applications Immediately
To apply, please email a cover letter introducing yourself, your resume (including references), and a statement of faith to:
Send résumé to email@example.com
Be sure to review Job Description here.
Co-Director of Student Ministry
Church Mission: Attract people to Christ, Build committed Christians, Commission disciples for ministry in our world.
Position Overview: The Co-Director Position is one that will be shared with another person to help co-lead United Student Ministry. These Directors will be responsible for leading, teaching, planning, organizing, facilitating and producing ministry for the students of First United Methodist Church of Broken Arrow who are in grades 6th – 12th .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit, connect with, and contact students and parents on a regular basis
- Follow-Up with new students who visit student ministry programs / activities
- Invest in volunteer team in various ways such as gifts, cards, lunch, coffee, etc.
- Share in planning and visioning of Youth Ministry
- Weekly Programing, Special Events, Summer Events, Etc.
- Share in teaching Wednesday Night and Sunday School
Share in administrative duties
- Budget- Ministry, Camps, and Mission Trips
- Reconciling Receipts, and Turning In Money
- Emails- Parents, Students, and Volunteers
- Social Media- Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube
- Scheduling- Calendar Events, Café, and Volunteers
Share in developing volunteer leadership team
- Recruit future volunteers
- Train future, and current volunteers
- Assign volunteers small groups and Sunday school
Other Ministry Activities
- Share in creating Wednesday Night, Sunday School, and Small Group Curriculum
- Serve as leader and/or driver on youth events
- Serve as Design Team member for Disciple Camp and Dayspring
- Share in planning and executing fundraisers for United Student Ministry Mission Trips
- Help participate and coordinate youth with VBS
- Help plan, participate, attend, and lead: Retreats, Camps, and Mission Trips
- Attend, participate, and volunteer with other church ministries or church programs
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly worship service
Supervision and Expectations: Reports to the Associate Pastor. Hours are determined in consultation with supervisor, and will usually include Sunday mornings and evenings, Wednesday evenings, office time, and contact/follow-up time as needed. This is a full-time position including salary and some benefits. For more information about this opportunity or to submit your resume and references, please contact:
The Middle School (MS) Director is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all aspects related to the ministry of students in grades 6-8. The Director maintains a firm grasp on the purpose, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of the church, ensuring that the MS ministry is properly aligned with the overall church direction. Also ensures that the MS ministry’s objectives, practices, and policies support the overall vision and strategy for the youth ministry department.
The Middle School Director will report directly to the Youth Ministries Pastor and work closely with him in leading and creating vision for the Berean Youth. This is a full time exempt (salaried) position.
Be a core participant of the team setting the direction and executing the strategy that helps students passionately follow Jesus
· Be a key member of the youth ministry team that helps dream, plan and execute to reach students with the Gospel
· Actively attend Berean Baptist Church services
· Attend youth and family ministry meetings as assigned by supervisor
· Be an active member of Berean Baptist Church staff by participating in staff gatherings
Serve as main minister to students grade 6-8
· Lead non-Christian teens to an awareness of the saving power of Jesus Christ.
· Lead teen believers to an awareness, understanding and experience of a Christ-centered life through follow-up and strategic discipleship.
· Apply faithful treatment of the Bible in testimony, teaching, training, and conversation
· Encourage teens in the life of faith, including spirituality, family life, school environments, and other life related matters.
· Encourage youth to see the importance of being part of the larger family of Berean Baptist and work to integrate them with the main congregation.
· Play a key role in all corporate youth gatherings including Sunday mornings and mid-week meetings.
· Oversee, plan and participate regularly in scheduled youth functions, which would include mission trips, retreats, and other special events.
· Oversee planning and participate in service, mission projects, & evangelistic outreach events.
· Pray regularly for the middle school students.
Take responsibility for volunteer recruitment, training, strategic planning and leader development in order to execute the purpose, vision, and values of the Youth Ministry.
· Continually be looking for and recruiting new leaders to help with the Middle School ministry.
· Regularly train and equip the MS volunteer team.
· Help communicate the Berean Youth goals and vision to the MS volunteer team
· Ensure that all volunteers meet the requirements set out by Berean Baptist Church and the youth department for volunteer leadership
· Meet regularly with leaders outside of normal program times to provide an open door and encourage leaders through listening and counseling
· Pray regularly for the middle school leaders.
Come alongside parents of MS students to equip and assist them in their role as the primary spiritual trainers of their children.
· Promote family first ministry with MS parents
· Regularly keep parents informed of ministry plans and events
· Regularly provide parenting resources
· Pray regularly for the parents of middle school students.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Maintain or establish membership with Berean Baptist Church
Agree with Berean Baptist statement of faith
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with youth ministry with over 50 youth regularly in attendance
Experience with youth retreats or coordination of mission projects
Working knowledge of standard office equipment, procedures, and practices
· proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet usage
· ability to learn to use Planning Center, Mailchimp, PC People and other software
Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
Good communication and conflict resolution skills
Maintain a positive and uplifting demeanor
Work independently in the absence of direct supervision
· Working in office for periods of time
· Involves some light lifting, up to 20 pounds, and managing supplies for storage
· Ability to stand and walk around the classrooms for several hours on Wednesdays and Sundays
· Working BY or Family Ministry events that are outside of regular work hours, which can be in the evenings or on weekends
Able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekday office hours, Wednesday nights and Sundays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
The Director of Youth Faith Formation will develop programming for youth, grades 6th – 12th, to communicate with families with students, and to work closely with church staff, Youth Council, and other groups at First United Methodist Church San Angelo.
The director is responsible for developing and enhancing programming for youth aimed at creating “disciples of Jesus Christ.” This includes Sunday school, Sunday Worship opportunities, Sunday Night Programming, and midweek programming as needed. Participation and communication with local schools, special events, and contests is highly recommended.
First United Methodist Church of San Angelo is a bible-believing traditional, evangelical body of believers in a growing town of 100k. The church has a rich tradition in missions and evangelism and is focused on making disciples of Jesus Christ and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28).
First United Methodist Church in Blue Springs is seeking a full-time Next-Gen Director to begin this fall who will oversee our children’s ministry, First Kids, for ages birth through 5th grade, and our student ministry, Impact Youth, for 6th through 12th grade students. We are searching for a leader who will build up these programs, reach new families, and provide vision and direction with the ultimate goal of helping young people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. We are committed to the Orange curriculum philosophy, believing that when the home and the church work together, we can have a greater impact on the life of a young person.
The ideal candidate for this position is…
- Experienced in children’s and/or student ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity).
- Strategically minded and able to think years down the road.
- Familiar with the Orange curriculum philosophy and United Methodist theology.
- Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others.
- Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others.
- Ideally holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision and discipleship pathway for children and youth from birth through graduation.
- Managing and overseeing the FirstKids Director and Children’s Music Leaders for weekend programming, special events, and children’s music programs.
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee First Kids and Impact Youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for First Kids, Impact Youth, and our confirmation program.
- Attending weekly staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Establishing a communication plan to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
- Keeping up-to-date with “Safe Gatherings” certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
Other Duties Include:
- Developing an annual calendar of events for kids and students with the intention of inviting new families into community at First UMC.
- Planning a summer mission trip and/or camp for Impact Youth
- Staffing childcare needs for church-wide events throughout the year.
- Participating in weekend worship when scheduling allows.
- Being involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
- Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
Lines of Accountability:
The NextGen Director will report to the Lead Pastor for the purpose of work evaluation and review. This position is finally accountable to the Leadership Council of First United Methodist Church and has direct access to that committee when desired. A written copy of employee policies, guidelines, benefits and holidays is on file in the Church office and can be requested.
We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will provide:
- Starting salary begins at $40k with adjustments dependent on experience.
- Medical insurance provided
- At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year.
- Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months)
When you submit your resume and cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Blue Springs, what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position, and your favorite breakfast cereal. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Youth Ministry supports the mission of Saddlerock Evangelical Presbyterian Church “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus” by leading ministry for middle school and high school students. The position is responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers; the development of programming for large group time; the discipleship of students through small groups; and coordinating youth mission trips and retreats.
The ideal candidate is:
- A capable and engaging communicator, competent in both teaching students and working with adults
- Possesses a flexible and teachable spirit, able to adapt to changing circumstances and learn new skills
- Must be a Christian of mature faith and good reputation with a desire to serve Christ’s church. Must be a regular attender of worship services at current church and serving in ministry.
- Subscribes to and affirms the Mission and Vision of SEPC and EPC Essentials of Our Faith. Able to uphold the system of doctrine contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith. Agrees and lives in accordance with EPC Position Paper on Human Sexuality. Able to work effectively in an environment which disciples and ordains both men and women as leaders.
Saddlerock EPC is a congregation of just under 400, striving together “To intimately know and boldly follow Jesus.” We are situated in the beautiful Wenatchee Valley in Central Washington, a great place to serve the Lord! Check out our website at www.saddlerockepc.org, or find us on Facebook @SaddlerockEPC.
POSITION: Director of Youth and Family Ministries
POSITION STATUS:Full-time (40 hours) /Exempt
PURPOSE:The Director of Youth and Family Ministries must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; live a Christian lifestyle through devotional practices, commitment to prayer and spiritual growth; and be a part of Harbor through prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 through planning, coordinating, and implementing programming for two age groups (Middle School/High School) for a large, growing congregation while working within the United Methodist tradition.
As a servant of Jesus Christ, called by God to serve the community of faith that is Harbor United Methodist Church I will:
· faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
· accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
· maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm or encourage others;
· be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
· be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
· respect the authority of those to whom I am responsible;
· live by a high standard of personal, professional and work ethic, striving always for excellence in ministry;
· strive for a healthy balance between my ministry responsibilities and my personal life;
· commit time to grow spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
· listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Professional experience working with church youth desired
· Demonstrated leadership qualities preferable in a Youth leader/Ministry
· Proven team player who can work well with parents, adults, staff, and the congregation
· Familiarity and Adherence with United Methodist doctrine
· Possesses an understanding of the needs of and a desire to work with both Middle and High School age groups and their families.
· Knowledge of current and cutting-edge resources, theory, best practices, and other “tools of the trade” relevant to youth and family ministry.
1. Be committed to the vision, mission and strategy of Harbor UMC
2. Model a life of Christian discipleship through personal lifestyle and personal spiritual growth
3. Lead all facets of the Youth Program which includes but is not limited to Sunday School, Bible Study, Youth Group, and Confirmation Class.
4. Develop or implement curriculum for use in all programming that follows the United Methodist doctrine/tradition
5. Realize growth in the Youth Group in both grace and number based on attendance records and participation in discipleship opportunities
6. Follow United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy at all times
7. Plan annual retreat and mission opportunities for the youth to include budgeting, fundraising, registration, etc.
8. Recruit, train, and cultivate adults to be co-youth ministers
9. Hold meetings and communicate with Youth parents on a regular basis and additionally as needed
10. Coordinate and lead annual Confirmation process.
11. Build a plan to support the Director of children’s ministries to have a cohesive transition for children into the youth program.
12. Build relationships with (both HUMC and non HUMC) children, youth and families, by contacting them regularly at home, at school events and at church, etc.
13. Foster a positive example of interpersonal relationships, family life, moral and ethical character as well as be a mentor and teacher
14. Develop events, programs and gatherings to which participants can bring friends who maybe seeking a church family
15. Be committed to a long-term development of family ministry with enthusiasm and dedication to working directly with people of all ages
16. Communicate to families, youth, volunteers, staff and the congregation to inform all about current and upcoming Youth and Family programs through the most effective channels
17. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Council and Education Committee meetings
18. Track all ministry expenses and work within the Youth Ministry Budget
19. Collaborate and interact with other United Methodists through participation in District and Conference Youth events
20. Attend at least 1 worship service weekly and assist as needed
21. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
CrossPoint Church is seeking an experienced, dynamic Director of Youth Ministries to join our leadership team and help take us into the next season of ministry. We are a dynamic, growing congregation that is a unique blend of 3 congregations (English, Korean, and Chinese) in one church. We have experienced significant growth over the past 3 years, particularly through young families. Our children’s ministries are bursting at the seams which is leading to a building campaign to increase ministry capacity.
· The Ideal Candidate is a creative, Jesus-loving, builder of authentic relationships. Teaching is a strength, knowing your students is a privilege, and effective communication is a habit. Games that make you muddy are fun. Always.
· If this is you, organization and innovation go hand-in-hand. And if it’s not a strength, you know it and you’ve adapted. God’s Word is absolutely, unstoppably, and intentionally the foundation of your faith. You plan and prepare with intention and purpose. You’re a trust-builder.
· Teams are your natural environment. You build and equip your volunteers, you walk shoulder-to-shoulder with other ministry leaders, and you embrace feedback as necessary for personal and professional growth. And you laugh. A lot. Seriously.
· You model a Godly relationship with students and your heart breaks for those who are hurting. You’re not cool with the kids – you’re real. You relish the opportunity to share Christ with people who don’t know Him. As for Gen Z? You don’t just “get” them, you love ‘em!
For more information please check out the Opportunity Profile at https://www.crosspointchino.org/employment or email us at Searchteam@crosspointchino.org.
Lutie Watkins Memorial United Methodist Church in Llano, Texas is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. We are a large thriving church located in the heart of a small town. Our hill country views are breathtaking and provide a plethora of activities being surrounded by the Llano River and lakes. We sit 75 miles West of Austin and are excited to share our small slice of heaven. Our church is heavily invested in raising up bold and godly young leaders. We are currently seeking an experienced, spirit-led individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to foster the spiritual growth of our youth and lead them closer to Jesus. Our youth programs are vibrant and have a strong foundation thanks to years of investment from the church’s children’s ministries, congregation, community and a history of faithful leadership. (For more information contact Dr. Rusty Freeman at email@example.com.)
Working Title: Associate Pastor for Students
Hours: 40-50 hours per week (variable) Salaried with benefits- Considerable flexibility is given to the person in this position to accomplish the required tasks without an established hourly schedule. Compensatory Time is not available.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Bluffton, SC is a growing town with a rich history nestled between Interstate 95 and Hilton Head Island, SC. Over the last 5 years, Bluffton has become one of the fastest-growing areas in the United States, both economically and in population. A popular vacation destination, Hilton Head Island sees approximately 2.5 million visitors every year. Bluffton has benefited from this and is now home to a growing suburban community comprised of young families, blue-collar workers, and a sizable population of retirees. Due to the pace of development in Bluffton, Cornerstone Church is positioned to capitalize on this growth with the potential for tremendous impact for Christ’s Kingdom. Cornerstone has doubled in size over the last 3 years and we believe the best for our church is yet to come!
The person in this position must know beyond doubt that they are called by God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to Christian Ministry and must view this position as a high calling from God. They must be a Christ-follower as evidenced by their life; their words and their deeds. The power of their work will come from dependence upon the Holy Spirit, by which they will contribute to the unity of Cornerstone Church, and work as a support of the ministry and teams thereof. This person is expected to give (time, talent and treasure) in both a systematic and sacrificial manner to support the Mission and Vision of the Church. They must agree with and fully support the Church doctrine and must agree with the Church’s core values, mission, vision, and strategy.
As the chief pastoral presence in the lives of the youth and their leaders, this person must be of high character, driven by love for God and people.
Charged with the care of our Middle and High School Students, the following Ideal Qualities are of high importance:
A demonstrable enthusiasm for youth ministry
A degree in theology, Christian education, or youth ministry, or equivalent ministry experience
The ability to promote and raise funds for events such as Missions Trips and Camps
A capacity to communicate clearly to children and adults through a variety of platforms
Vision casting and leadership ability
The ability to create a rapport with the administrative and pastoral staff, volunteers, and teens
Strong organizational skills and follow-through
The ability to work unsupervised, and willingness to work within the greater ministry team leadership
An understanding of how to use digital technology to engage youth
A strong vision for a growing, spiritually vibrant youth ministry
Exceptional communication skills
Work with the Senior Pastor and Staff to ensure student ministry becomes an effective and inclusive ministry in the church and not a ministry silo.
Work closely with Senior Pastor to set goals for specific and targeted congregational growth
Work with key Church leaders to enlist volunteers into your areas/programs of responsibility.
Coordinate the Church’s Student Ministry program to ensure successful achievement of goals.
Coordinate Sunday morning activities relating to students
Be a guide, facilitator, spiritual counselor, and example to the students and volunteers in the Student Ministry Programs of the Church.
Ensure frequent and effective communication with parents regarding student ministry programs, events, and expectations.
Ensure that a database of all Student Ministry volunteers and current assignments is maintained.
Conduct periodic training for volunteer workers and leaders in proper relationships with Church programs.
Coordinate the work of all student ministry groups and activities ensuring the mission and vision of the Church is maintained
Equip and mobilize volunteer leaders to achieve Church goals, stated objectives, and vision.
Meet frequently with volunteer leaders to fellowship with and disciple them, while encouraging them to do the same with their subordinate volunteers.
Take part in choosing and securing the most suitable educational and curriculum materials available for students.
Periodically review Church policies and programs relating to student’s issues with your leaders and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the Senior Pastor.
Work with Connections Pastor to develop and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
Work with appropriate Ministry Staff to coordinate the production of regular church publications.
Actively disciple individuals to help bring them to repentance and faith in Christ.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor