St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is located in an historic neighborhood, canopied by oak trees, one block from the St. John’s River. Blessed with a beautiful campus, committed adult volunteers and friendly parishioners, this church is looking for their next Director of Youth Ministry. Only 10 minutes away from downtown Jacksonville, Florida, the best of all worlds meet here. Great restaurants, professional sports, cultural opportunities, recreation and the Atlantic Ocean are all close by. Known to many in the Jacksonville community because of the nearly fifty-year-old Day School (currently 325 students, age 1 through 6th grade), this neighborhood church maintains a healthy balance of long-time generational members combined with those who are new to the Jacksonville community. St. Mark’s is one of the largest churches in the Diocese of Florida and offers traditional and contemporary worship experiences on Sunday mornings. This is a church people choose to come back to after they have been away at college or relocated to another town. St. Mark’s has spent the past year evaluating and developing a strategic plan for building a sustainable youth ministry and is excited to find the right person to help implement it. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lake Shores Church is seeking the person God is calling to build students, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus
Demonstrated successful experience in students’s ministry
Live in the Highland Lakes Area within 1 month of hire date.
Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
Experience in communicating vision
Demonstrated ability as a good communicator
A history of team building
At least 3 years experience in students’s ministry
Develop relationships with students from sixth through twelfth grade
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of students including but not limited to camps, retreats, Sunday morning activities. etc.
Incorporate students into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church
Develop relationships with parents of students
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on students
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve students and their parents
Schedule and train all volunteers serving in students’s ministries
Bidwell Presbyterian Church in Chico, California seeks a Youth Director to provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th – 12th grade) ministry. The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through its Personnel and Youth Ministries Support Team. This is a full-time position with benefits.
1. Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
2. Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
3. Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church’s purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement, and core values.
4. A clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
5. Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
6. Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
7. A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
8. Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
9. Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management, and program coordination.
10. Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and writing.
11. Possesses excellent relational skills with the ability to build in-depth relationships with youth and adult volunteers.
12. Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience while actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
13. Ability to utilize modern communication technologies.
1. Ability to play an instrument, such as a guitar or piano to lead informal singing.
2. Experience in working with ministry teams.
3. Seminary degree or other academic training appropriate for this position
Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
Collaboration with staff, elder and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th-grade students.
Recruit, equip and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
· Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
· Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each subprogram. This includes the following programs and activities:
o Mid-week programs
o Small-group Bible studies
o Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
1. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
3. Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
Job Title: Minister to Students
Reports to: Associate Minister
Job Classification: Full-time
Expected work hours per week: Full-time: 40 hours/week
Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree, including coursework from a theological Bible college, theological seminary, or comparable experience
The Minister to Students oversees Northway’s ministry to our 6-12th grade and college aged students as a part of the Northway ministerial team. Central to this role is to develop and implement a student ministry that grounds them in Christian faith and practice, disciples them in spiritual growth and empowers them to be a Christian in a post-Christian world. Equally important is assisting and empowering parents/guardians in raising their children to a spiritual awareness and maturity. In accomplishing this mission, the Minister to Students will work together with all other staff and leadership and will fully support all the ministries of Northway.
Skills and Qualifications
– A strong calling and a passionate heart for student ministry
– An enthusiastic communicator of Biblical truths
– Embrace the values/culture of Northway (www.northwaychristian.org)
– Work both independently and in a team environment with a servant heart
– Flexible, imaginative and able to improvise in a dynamic, evolving environment
– Eager to learn, grow and advance within the ministry as a spiritual role model
– Gifts of leadership, teaching, planning and administration
– Leadership experience at church camps
– Excellent communications skills including social media etiquette
– Innovative and proficient in the use of technology and social media platforms
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
– Responsible for discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, and leadership development of students from 6th to 12th grade and college students.
– Develop personal relationships with students and their parents.
– Oversee weekly meetings, Bible studies and special events by equipping leadership teams to accomplish the purposes of the student ministry.
– Execute program within budgetary requirements.
– Innovative change agent, inspiring the student community to embrace technology as a tool to amplify the objectives of the ministry and accelerate community service and outreach.
– Directly accountable to the Associate Minister and coordinates ministries with other adult leaders, pastoral staff, administrative staff members and parents.
Mizpah Baptist Church is seeking a full time or part time Youth Pastor. The goal of this position emphasizes the need to lead the youth to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Applicants may obtain details regarding this position by calling the church office 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M, Monday thru Friday at 843-662-6940, the Personnel Chairperson, Harriett Fore at 843-245-4666, Pastor Rick Schubert at 843-260-2527, or Mizpah’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mizpah Baptist Church, 233 N. Price Rd., Florence, SC is incorporated in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina governing Religious bodies. Our statement of faith declares the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. Mizpah Baptist Church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Come join the team leading this dynamic and mission motivated congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC that has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. Advent United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries who is ready to lead a thriving Student Ministry program (200+ students and 60+ adult volunteers) driving the spiritual formation and growth of Advent students (Grades 7th-12th). Advent UMC is the 10th largest UMC congregation in South Carolina with a mission for growth.
Our overall Church mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At Advent we embrace this mission and believe that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. We strongly believe that it is our mission to pour into the lives of our youth and their families, while emboldening and empowering them to be disciples within and outside our church walls.
We seek an inspired, positive and enthusiastic, yet humble leader who can work effectively as a key member of the Advent staff team. This opportunity is perfect for that individual who has demonstrated experience in reaching and inspiring students, ages 12 – 18, and who is ready to take our successful Advent Student Ministry program to the next level. Innovating, planning and leading weekly youth programming and special events for our students, while building relationships with youth within and outside Advent UMC is an integral part of this key role. In addition, the Director will serve as a mentor to our Assistant Director of Student Ministry, and both will be responsible for recruiting and equipping our outstanding team of adult volunteers. The Student Ministry team also includes the Director of Contemporary Music, who oversees, mentors and influences the Cross youth band and Crescendo youth choir.
The Director should have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle inside and outside of church. Key candidate attributes should include a college degree, relevant and measurable ministry experience and a demonstrated passion and love for Student Ministry.
If this opportunity is calling to you, please come check us out at www.advent-umc.org, and see what Advent UMC and Advent Student Ministries is all about!!
This Director position is Full Time, year-round and Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STUDENTMINISTRY@ADVENT-UMC.ORG
Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville, SC 29681
River Oaks Church
550 HWY T
Foristell, MO 63348
Minister of Youth
Minister of Youth Job Description
River Oaks Church is seeking a full-time experienced Minister of Youth, to lead a Godly and devoted youth ministry. The Minister of Youth is responsible for giving directions to the overall educational and activities ministry of grades seven through twelve to promote evangelism and discipleship by planning, promoting, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the youth activities of the church. The Minister of Youth is under the direction and supervision of the Lead Pastor and in cooperation with paid and volunteer staff in leading the church to deliver and implement an effective Christian ministry to youth, parents of youth and youth leaders. The Minister of Youth will possess a deep understanding and knowledge of Scripture and be able to share God’s truth in a meaningful and effective way to those within the ministry. The Minister of Youth should aspire to the characteristics outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, as well as, to be mindful of 1 Timothy 4:12, 2 Timothy 2:22 and 1 Peter 5:5.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth responsibilities include:
• Provide Pastoral Ministry with the Youth Ministry family (youth, youth parents and youth leaders) and coordinate the training of others to do likewise.
• Coordinate the weekly youth education and events.
• Coordinate an overall youth curriculum plan that includes evangelistic and missionary opportunities, service activities, spiritual growth challenges, parental involvement and leadership development with youth and youth leaders.
• Coordinate and implement an annual youth ministry budget, and administer that budget in accordance with the approved church budget.
• Actively engage youth, their friends and youth parents in outside activities to promote the youth ministry and draw others to God and into the church.
• Counsel youth and their families in conjunction and guidance of the lead pastor, this may include hospital visitation and/or crisis intervention.
• Utilize contemporary media tools for communication with youth, youth families, staff, volunteers and leadership teams.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth should:
• Have a well-established, proven and growing walk with Jesus as His Lord and Savior.
• Be able to maintain proper priorities and balance in his personal life (spiritual, family, friends and work relationships).
• Have a clear calling to full-time youth ministry.
• If married, his wife must also sense her husband’s calling to youth ministry and support his calling.
• Show a strong foundation of biblical truths, ability to teach that truth to others, and a deep desire to share the gospel.
• Possess a great deal of self-motivation, confidence, and the ability to lead others.
• Demonstrate a gift for working and communicating with students and adults.
• Have excellent organizational and leadership skills, as well as, showing financial responsibility.
• Enjoy recruiting, training and facilitating volunteer workers to enhance the youth ministry.
• Has a keen understanding of problems, emotions and issues students go through at various stages in life.
• Demonstrate the desire for continued personal growth and development.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, and any other documentation to email@example.com.
Bethlehem First UMC, located in Bethlehem Ga., just outside of Athens, is seeking a full time Director of Student Ministries (grades 6th-12th). We are looking for an inspired individual who can take a successful student ministry to the next level of vitality. Our vision for student ministry is to create engaging environments, activities and learning experiences for students to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. We need a team player to fit in with our church staff; someone who can recruit, grow, train, support and encourage a team of committed volunteers. This person needs to be very creative, enthusiastic, have an energetic engaging personality, demonstrate effective communication skills, and have experience in leading large groups. Applicants should demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ, have an understanding of Methodism, possess a deep love for students, and display a desire to continue to grow and expand our current student ministry. This position will also oversee the social media outreach of BFUMC by maintaining all social media platforms including: our church website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat accounts. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of student ministry experience; a college degree and experience with middle-school or high-school education or ministry is a plus.
Visit our church website at www.bethlehemfirstumc.com for a complete job description. Resumes can be sent to Rev. Frank Bernat, Senior Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Director Needed:
Bandera United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for its Youth Director. BUMC is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country just 30 minutes from San Antonio. BUMC is a thriving congregation actively growing in mission and ministry with approximately 250 regular congregants and 30-40 weekly high school and middle school youth group attendees. BUMC seeks creative ways to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation the world.
Applicants should have knowledge of current youth culture and ministry trends. BUMC seeks to expand established youth programs with specific emphasis on mission and community outreach. BUMC also partners with local youth organizations and maintains a strong relationship with the Bandera schools. This allows it to work closely with each to create a safe and welcoming environment for community youth. The successful applicant will enjoy working with youth, be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills and attention to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, be at least 25 years old and have at least one to two years’ experience working with youth. Musical ability a plus.
This full-time position offers a salary package between $24,000-$28,000 annually with an additional health insurance reimbursement stipend. Three bedroom home/parsonage provided.
For detailed job description, please visit http://banderaumc.org/about-us/employment-opportunities
Call church office at 830-796-3849 or reply via email to email@example.com to apply.
The Director of Youth Ministry will minister to families through the creation of a warm, Christ-centered environment where students in 6th-12th grade are inspired to faith in Christ, discipled toward spiritual maturity and responsible church membership, and given the opportunity to join in the mission of the Church through regular acts of loving service.
§ Lead and oversee all weekly student ministry events and opportunities
§ Plan for and conduct annual large-scale ministry activities such as: camps, retreats, service projects, Confirmation classes and mission trips
§ Recruit, equip and train a diverse team of adult volunteers to love, teach, pray for and model authentic faith to students
§ Foster compassionate involvement with students and families apart from church events
§ Coordinate with the Director of Children’s ministry for shared ministry events and to effectively transition children into the youth ministry
§ Creatively investigate and implement new approaches to introducing students to Jesus
§ Clearly and creatively communicate with the congregation and the NB community about the youth ministry
§ Support and promote the ministry vision of The First Protestant Church of New Braunfels as expressed by the Senior Minister and Church Council
§ Oversee the annual youth ministry budgets and fundraising efforts
§ Attend all scheduled FPC staff meetings and retreats
§ Provide short-term individual counseling and referrals to students and families as needed
§ Complete other tasks as needed / assigned by the Executive Minister or Church Council
Minimum Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
§ A genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as demonstrated through life and testimony
§ Ability to effectively engage young people and consistently inspire them toward faith
§ Education: Bachelor’s degree in ministry / related field or equivalent work experience
§ CPR / First Aid certification
§ Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership / internship role in youth ministry