West Lawn United Methodist Church, a mid-sized active and growing congregation in southeast Pennsylvania (South District PA Conference) is seeking a Youth Pastor to continue to lead students in grades 6-12 in becoming dedicated disciples of Christ. Candidate with prior youth leadership experience would demonstrate strong relational and organizational skills, be forward thinking, creative and energetic. Ability to integrate the youth into the congregation and grow the youth group in numbers and depth of faith is very important. This leader would also plan and lead youth summer camps, mission trips, retreats, confirmation class and fund-raising campaigns. The candidate should demonstrate a strong personal faith in alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church.
West Lawn UMC averages 600 people in weekly worship attendance, with a strong team of servant youth leaders. Current youth students are very active in local missions and community support. There are approximately 50 students participating in West Lawn’s youth program, with tremendous potential for growth.
Interested candidate should submit cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation by March 20, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a dynamic, outgoing go getter who is extremely organized for this partime opening. We want someone is confident in their approach to reach and communicate with students of today while communicating Gods word in a relevant fashion. The Youth minister will be responsible for sunday morning teachings, sunday night gathering and a monthly event along with planning and organizing summer mission trip. Must be able to manage your budget for overall youth ministry, receipts, and planning youth activities within your budget….more detailed description to be given during interview process.
Above is a link to a church profile and job description.
We are asking applicants to submit the following by March 1: (1) cover letter (with a short bio, brief philosophy of ministry, as well as any strong theological convictions/beliefs), (2) resume (with 3 references), (3) a previously created lesson and/or audio recording.
Compensation includes a salary of $29K plus a three-bedroom parsonage.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be contacted at email@example.com or they can call the church at 765-324-2484.
Our website is www.colfaxchristianchurch.org. We are on Instagram and Facebook as well.
PURPOSE: To lead middle school, high school and college students to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ by creating an atmosphere in which Christian and uncommitted students are drawn to explore the faith; provide leadership and supervision for student ministry programs, including Sunday morning programming, midweek programming, small groups, retreats, mission experiences and special events. The primary role of this Director/Assistant Pastor is to teach, lead, and administer in the area of student ministries in alignment with Glenkirk’s mission in such a way that students and leaders experience spiritual growth.
1. Invite students to join in the journey of becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus, loving God and His world. Empowering them to know Jesus, serve Him, find life in Him and follow Him.
2. Lead dynamic weekly programs that reach unchurched students and draw students into committed discipleship, teaching them the Scriptures and the way of Jesus. Select and implement appropriate curriculum
3. Recruit, train, and lead volunteer teams to minister to students.
4. Involve parents in the Student Ministries, assuring that they are informed and have voice in the ministry.
5. Integrate students into church ministries, including a natural flow from the children’s to student ministries and into all church involvement.
6. Responsibly manage the student ministries budget.
7. Participate in worship leadership as requested and attend weekly worship.
8. Collaborate with Student Ministry Team
9. Participate in all staff meetings, retreats, and church activities as requested.
10. Various duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
11. Supervise/mentor the Assistant Director of Student Ministries and interns
· Be in agreement with Glenkirk’s statement of faith and ECO’s essential tenets.
· B.A. that includes theological or ministry education and/or progress on a masters level degree in theology, ministry, or equivalent field.
· Be able to articulate the Christian faith in a way that is engaging to students and families.
· High standards of personal integrity in all contexts.
· Be loving, collegial, and humble in their relationships among staff and families.
· Be able to demonstrate significant organizational and supervisory skills, creating teams around innovative ideas.
· Have strong communication skills.
· Be a trainer and leader of volunteer staff.
· This position will require previous experience in leading dynamic student ministries.
STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Thurs and all services on Sundays
SALARY: Competitive salary with generous benefit package (Paid insurance, Cell phone reimbursement, Paid vacation time, Retirement matching)
About New Life Community Church:
New Life Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Gardner, a rapidly growing suburb of Kansas City. New Life is a church passionate about reaching the lost in simple and effective ways. Our mission statement is “Love God. Love People. Nothing else really matters.” NLCC is in the process of building a new 65,000sqft facility on a 12 acre campus and is look to hire leaders who can lead in the present and grow with us into the future.
At New Life Community Church (NLCC) the desire is to foster an open, collaborative working environment that engages staff and their unique spiritual gifts in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. NLCC’s staff is valued and considered to be the most important asset, provided by God, in the church’s ability to help people “Love God and Love People.”
The Student Ministry Pastor is a Pastoral Staff position and reports to a direct report in the Executive Staff for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The Primary Focus:
Work with the Ministerial Staff to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Student Ministry to:
- Develop, cultivate, and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the student ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of New Life Community Church.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple the students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Develop a clear strategy for onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of student ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to student ministries and outreach opportunities.
- Communicate with the students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours Monday – Thursday and attend all weekend and student ministry services.
- Ensure that Student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Plan and execute trips and special events for student ministry.
- Design, oversee, and evaluate all curriculum for the student ministry program.
- Create, plan, and execute student ministry services.
- Be the primary communicator for student ministry services.
- Actively engage with students and parents during weekend service.
- Be an active participant in all weekend services.
- Assist the Children’s pastor in the execution of Transit (5th-6th grade).
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the New Life Community Church Staff Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of New Life Community Church and submit to the direction of the senior pastor, elders and other leadership of the church. http://newlifegardner.com/what-we-believe
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with students, parents, and teams of volunteers. i.e. emotional and relationship intelligence
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A Professional Certification in Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of student ministry is preferred.
- Must be coachable. Able to learn and adapt to the culture of New Life Community Church.
- Must be comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of critique.
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration. No lone rangers.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positive, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient with social media, and excellent computer skills.
- Other skills such as video editing, musical aptitude, graphic design (peripheral skills related to Student Ministry) appreciated but not required.
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check.
Please send an email to New Life Community Church info@NewLifeGardner.com with the subject line “Student Ministry Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)
Status: Full Time Exempt
40 hours a week
Work week Sunday – Thursday occasional weekends.
Purpose: To build youth, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus.
Have visible, successful experience in children’s ministry.
At least a bachelor’s degree.
Live no more than 15 miles from Marble Falls within 1 month of hire date.
Ability to set and achieve goals
Able to communicate vision
A good communicator
A team builder
Develop relationships with students grade 6-12.
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of students including but not limited to camps, retreats, etc.
Incorporate students into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church.
Develop relationships with parents of students.
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on students.
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church.
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve students and their parents.
Schedule and train volunteers
1. Create and implement community wide events.
2. Build relationships and work with other youth pastors, churches and parachurch organizations.
Please submit resume and philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary responsibility of this position is to help Lakewood UMC students become fully formed disciples of Christ by reaching, connecting, growing, and sending students to make disciples. Click here for how this position will practice this primary responsibility in the Student Ministry at Lakewood UMC
This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits, 401k, and paid vacation.
Interested applicants should send cover letters, resumes, and contact info for three references to email@example.com.
I. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
1. Daily Schedule – regular office hours shall be kept, with the day beginning with the generally accepted office hours of the church. Two days off per week shall be granted, with the exception of special events, outreaches or group involvement that involves leadership. (A minimum of forty  hours a week is expected).
2. Staff meetings – regular attendance at all staff meetings; prepared to report on ministry activities.
3. Accountable directly to the Senior.
4. Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the total good of the church.
5. Consult Senior Pastor on plans and policies.
II. BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The youth pastor will have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of these areas of ministry.
o Guide the Church in determining a philosophy of youth ministry.
o Set up a balanced program of youth education and ministry within the This includes small groups, mid-week ministries, outreaches, and missions.
o Guide in developing policies and procedures for effective youth ministry.
o Aid in recruiting leadership for youth staff positions.
o Serve as a resource person to provide the impetus for effective youth ministry.
o Give guidance, direction, and training to all youth staff; disciple them for a fruitful ministry.
o Lead, guide, and counsel and parents in personal Christian growth and development.
o Cooperate with the district and denominational youth programs, involving our youth, whenever possible, in the district and sectional activities.
o Constantly evaluate the objective and effectiveness of youth ministry, implementing improvements and changes wherever needed.
o Promote the youth ministry outside the church, taking youth ministry into our schools and community as commanded in Matthew 28:18-20.
o Hospital calling – share with Staff Pastors in ministering to the sick. The scheduling and frequency of this responsibility shall be determined by the Senior Pastor.
o Sunday or special service assistance – assist in serving communion, making announcements, preaching, or other needs during designated service or gatherings.
o Counseling – offer counsel when called
1. Develop plan for discovering, recruiting, and training all youth’s This includes continuing training for experienced workers as well as that for new workers.
2. Give leadership to all outreach and evangelism efforts with the youth, such as visitation and follow-up of new Christians.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of all youth ministries Suggest needed changes and develop plans for making these changes.
4. Prepare a budget to cover all aspects of the church’s ministry to Take responsibility for disbursing all funds.
5. Develop special ministry groups such as mission teams, worship teams, etc.
6. Serve as a competent counselor for parents and youth.
7. Plan and lead events like missions trips, retreats, and conferences for the youth ministries.
1. A committed Christian life, living in accordance with the Word of God.
2. Agree with the doctrinal statement of the church and be willing to abide by the by-laws of our church constitution.
3. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and teachable.
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate with all groups in the scope of his/her ministry.
5. Demonstrates a willingness to be a servant.
6. A licensed or ordained minister with the Assemblies of God is optimal, or willingness to obtain credentials.
IV. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in pastoral practices. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience. Continuous training in Bible and human resources.
1. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Council with all reasonable expenses paid.
2. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Minister’s Institute with all reasonable expenses paid.
3. Out of Town Conferences- In addition to District Council and Ministers Institute, pastors will be allowed to attend one out-of town conference per year (as finances allow).
4. Local Conference
5. Conference time should not be used as vacation time.
6. If an employee has a spouse, it will be expected that the spouse be involved in an agreed upon understanding between all parties involved.
The First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills is seeking a committed follower of Jesus to join our ministry team as the full-time Director of Middle School and High School Ministries.
First Pres sees its ministry to Middle School and High School students as a high priority of its mission. We are committed to presenting the Gospel to and providing community for the students in the church family as well as reaching out to students in our greater community with the life-changing message of Christ’s love and doing so with passion, creativity and integrity.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for planning and leading, as well as being the primary teacher, at weekly youth groups as well as at regular special events (overnights, water ski trips, retreats, movie nights etc.) The Director of Youth Ministries will be expected to spend time with students at their schools, going to games and concerts where students are involved. In coordination with the Associate Pastor for Discipleship Ministries, he/she shall supervise the recruiting, training, and leading the volunteers who make up the youth ministry teams.
If interested in more information about the Church, please check our website www.fpcgh.org. For specific information on the position, salary range and benefits please email Bryant@fpcgh.org or call the Church Office 818.360.1831.
Reports to: Assistant Rector
Status: Part Time, hourly (10-15 hours/wk.)
Pay: $15-25/hr, depending on experience, education and skill set.
Benefits: Vacation Pay; outreach pay; travel reimbursement; training/study expense reimbursement; may participate in 403(b) plan with voluntary contributions
Date of Posting: December 5, 2019
To Apply: Submit a resume to Mark McNickle, our Search Committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have your resume, and have reviewed it, we will ask selected candidates to complete a questionnaire.
Overview of position: We seek young, preferably female, shepherd/discipler for Youth to serve as a Ministry Assistant to our Assistant Rector for both Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry. Preferably in her 20’s. Build disciples of Jesus Christ by implementing teaching, motivation and programs for youth in Loudoun County, centered on Leesburg. Serve as a spiritual leader, mentor, and role model that the female youth and young adults of CHS can emulate and trust. Equip students and young adults to develop a lively personal trust in Jesus. Be a team player on staff, helping where needed.
Description of setting and ministry: Church of the Holy Spirit is a relatively young (18 years), medium size church, led by the founding Rector. Average Sunday Attendance in 2019 is 150 in two services. We have over 20 small groups and many ministries. We currently have 2 full-time, and 12 part-time staff. We are Anglican, and we honor and uphold the evangelical, charismatic and sacramental streams of the church. Leesburg, Virginia is our home. This is a prosperous suburban setting on the western edge of the Washington DC Metroplex, not far from Dulles Airport. Leesburg has been named one of the most livable towns in America by Money magazine.
At CHS, we are Bible believing, openly charismatic, and serious about evangelism, discipleship and holiness. We also place a strong emphasis on fellowship and prayer. Many who visit remark that we are one of the friendliest churches that they have ever attended. We are a multi-ethnic congregation. Our Mission statement is “We invite nations and generations to experience God’s love and power.”
The youth ministry at CHS serves young people in grades 6 through 12. Both Senior high and Jr. High meet separately, twice a month on Sunday afternoons or evenings for discipleship, at which we emphasize Bible study, fellowship, and fun. Sr. High also meet every other Sunday morning for Sunday school during the worship service, and Jr. High meet every week during the worship service. A few of our teens are being mentored by adults in the congregation. Along with our weekly meetings, we do occasional service projects, and we serve and evangelize in the summer by participating in Camp Booyah, and joining with the adults in our Haiti and Uganda mission trips. We run a teen confirmation class every other year. Currently, we have about 10 students in our high school ministry and another 12 middle schoolers. The pool of students connected to our ministry is larger.
The young adult ministry at CHS needs restarting after our leader moved out of town a year ago. The Ministry Assistant will aid in the start-up of programs and discipleship of our young adults.
Qualifications and Competencies:
-Must have a passion for youth and youth ministry.
-Must be a team player and willing to take direction from the Youth Leader.
-Must be in alignment with CHS and ANCA (Anglican Church of North America) theology and practice.
-Must have some experience in youth or young adult ministry.
-This person must also show a motivated desire to model a life of continual learning, growth, repentance, and being a faithful follower of Christ by the grace of God.
-Must speak fluent English.
-Must be humble, teachable, and able to follow direction; must be a self-starter