River Oaks Church
550 HWY T
Foristell, MO 63348
Minister of Youth
Minister of Youth Job Description
River Oaks Church is seeking a full-time experienced Minister of Youth, to lead a Godly and devoted youth ministry. The Minister of Youth is responsible for giving directions to the overall educational and activities ministry of grades seven through twelve to promote evangelism and discipleship by planning, promoting, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the youth activities of the church. The Minister of Youth is under the direction and supervision of the Lead Pastor and in cooperation with paid and volunteer staff in leading the church to deliver and implement an effective Christian ministry to youth, parents of youth and youth leaders. The Minister of Youth will possess a deep understanding and knowledge of Scripture and be able to share God’s truth in a meaningful and effective way to those within the ministry. The Minister of Youth should aspire to the characteristics outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, as well as, to be mindful of 1 Timothy 4:12, 2 Timothy 2:22 and 1 Peter 5:5.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth responsibilities include:
• Provide Pastoral Ministry with the Youth Ministry family (youth, youth parents and youth leaders) and coordinate the training of others to do likewise.
• Coordinate the weekly youth education and events.
• Coordinate an overall youth curriculum plan that includes evangelistic and missionary opportunities, service activities, spiritual growth challenges, parental involvement and leadership development with youth and youth leaders.
• Coordinate and implement an annual youth ministry budget, and administer that budget in accordance with the approved church budget.
• Actively engage youth, their friends and youth parents in outside activities to promote the youth ministry and draw others to God and into the church.
• Counsel youth and their families in conjunction and guidance of the lead pastor, this may include hospital visitation and/or crisis intervention.
• Utilize contemporary media tools for communication with youth, youth families, staff, volunteers and leadership teams.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth should:
• Have a well-established, proven and growing walk with Jesus as His Lord and Savior.
• Be able to maintain proper priorities and balance in his personal life (spiritual, family, friends and work relationships).
• Have a clear calling to full-time youth ministry.
• If married, his wife must also sense her husband’s calling to youth ministry and support his calling.
• Show a strong foundation of biblical truths, ability to teach that truth to others, and a deep desire to share the gospel.
• Possess a great deal of self-motivation, confidence, and the ability to lead others.
• Demonstrate a gift for working and communicating with students and adults.
• Have excellent organizational and leadership skills, as well as, showing financial responsibility.
• Enjoy recruiting, training and facilitating volunteer workers to enhance the youth ministry.
• Has a keen understanding of problems, emotions and issues students go through at various stages in life.
• Demonstrate the desire for continued personal growth and development.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, and any other documentation to email@example.com.
Bethlehem First UMC, located in Bethlehem Ga., just outside of Athens, is seeking a full time Director of Student Ministries (grades 6th-12th). We are looking for an inspired individual who can take a successful student ministry to the next level of vitality. Our vision for student ministry is to create engaging environments, activities and learning experiences for students to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. We need a team player to fit in with our church staff; someone who can recruit, grow, train, support and encourage a team of committed volunteers. This person needs to be very creative, enthusiastic, have an energetic engaging personality, demonstrate effective communication skills, and have experience in leading large groups. Applicants should demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ, have an understanding of Methodism, possess a deep love for students, and display a desire to continue to grow and expand our current student ministry. This position will also oversee the social media outreach of BFUMC by maintaining all social media platforms including: our church website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat accounts. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of student ministry experience; a college degree and experience with middle-school or high-school education or ministry is a plus.
Visit our church website at www.bethlehemfirstumc.com for a complete job description. Resumes can be sent to Rev. Frank Bernat, Senior Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Director Needed:
Bandera United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for its Youth Director. BUMC is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country just 30 minutes from San Antonio. BUMC is a thriving congregation actively growing in mission and ministry with approximately 250 regular congregants and 30-40 weekly high school and middle school youth group attendees. BUMC seeks creative ways to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation the world.
Applicants should have knowledge of current youth culture and ministry trends. BUMC seeks to expand established youth programs with specific emphasis on mission and community outreach. BUMC also partners with local youth organizations and maintains a strong relationship with the Bandera schools. This allows it to work closely with each to create a safe and welcoming environment for community youth. The successful applicant will enjoy working with youth, be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills and attention to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, be at least 25 years old and have at least one to two years’ experience working with youth. Musical ability a plus.
This full-time position offers a salary package between $24,000-$28,000 annually with an additional health insurance reimbursement stipend. Three bedroom home/parsonage provided.
For detailed job description, please visit http://banderaumc.org/about-us/employment-opportunities
Call church office at 830-796-3849 or reply via email to email@example.com to apply.
The Director of Youth Ministry will minister to families through the creation of a warm, Christ-centered environment where students in 6th-12th grade are inspired to faith in Christ, discipled toward spiritual maturity and responsible church membership, and given the opportunity to join in the mission of the Church through regular acts of loving service.
§ Lead and oversee all weekly student ministry events and opportunities
§ Plan for and conduct annual large-scale ministry activities such as: camps, retreats, service projects, Confirmation classes and mission trips
§ Recruit, equip and train a diverse team of adult volunteers to love, teach, pray for and model authentic faith to students
§ Foster compassionate involvement with students and families apart from church events
§ Coordinate with the Director of Children’s ministry for shared ministry events and to effectively transition children into the youth ministry
§ Creatively investigate and implement new approaches to introducing students to Jesus
§ Clearly and creatively communicate with the congregation and the NB community about the youth ministry
§ Support and promote the ministry vision of The First Protestant Church of New Braunfels as expressed by the Senior Minister and Church Council
§ Oversee the annual youth ministry budgets and fundraising efforts
§ Attend all scheduled FPC staff meetings and retreats
§ Provide short-term individual counseling and referrals to students and families as needed
§ Complete other tasks as needed / assigned by the Executive Minister or Church Council
Minimum Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
§ A genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as demonstrated through life and testimony
§ Ability to effectively engage young people and consistently inspire them toward faith
§ Education: Bachelor’s degree in ministry / related field or equivalent work experience
§ CPR / First Aid certification
§ Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership / internship role in youth ministry
Visit this tropical oasis in southern Texas and you will see why residents are in love with their community and their neighbors. St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Harlingen, Texas, is looking for a Youth Minister who dares to fall in love with their church. Harlingen is the most affordable place to live in the United States (according to CBS News). Nestled between two larger cities, Harlingen has two 6A high schools and a welcoming spirit where authentic community forms. St. Alban’s is an extension of these values in creating a generous, non-judgmental atmosphere. People are genuine in their care and support for each other and the staff of the church. The newly hired Youth Minister will be tasked with building a youth ministry in a community ready to embrace new opportunities and relate to the church’s school (through 6th grade), organizing chapel services and social media. The youth meet in the ROC, a four year old facility with a gym, showers, kitchen, comfortable meeting room and rock wall. In addition, Harlingen is only 40 minutes from the beach at South Padre Island. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct ministry that reaches children, youth, and their families through evangelism, education service, worship, discipleship and fellowship activities that promote a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This position will provide leadership to fulfill the church’s mission statement which is: To know Christ, to be like Christ, and to make Him known.
It is our hope that this position will help lead our church in developing new models of ministry that empower believing parents to take responsibility for the discipleship of their own children, help our church to minister to one another across generational lines and encourage us to develop a coherent discipleship pathway from birth through high school.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
● Recruit, train, support, and minister to volunteers for children, youth, and family ministry
● Plan, implement, and coordinate curriculum for children, youth, and family resulting in an integrated and holistic Christian formation program
● Actively participate in the life of the church including worship, pulpit supply, and other Christian education opportunities
● Advocate for children, youth, and families
● Reach children, youth, and families with the Gospel in the greater community including local schools (elementary through high school). Attend student and school events and develop other informal contacts with youth.
● Cooperate with the Christian Education committee and Lead Pastor in the development of family and outreach ministries
● Perform other related duties as appropriate and negotiated with the Lead Pastor
Qualifications and Competencies:
To be personally committed to Jesus Christ, demonstrate team leadership skills, gifted and passionately committed to the ministry of equipping volunteers, possess seasoned verbal and written communication skills, be committed to the vision and mission of Dawson Covenant, acceptance of the practice and polity of the Evangelical Covenant Church, maintaining an exemplary Biblical, Christian lifestyle.
● A personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ
● Ability to communicate the Gospel
● High standard of Christian character
● Demonstrated communications excellence, both written and verbal
● Ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
● Demonstrated ability to teach children effectively
● Excellent interpersonal and people relationship skills
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaboration with other ministry staff
● Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with a demonstrated passion for seeing Christ formed in children, youth, and their families
● Demonstrated team leadership skills
● Promote, support, and utilize Lake Beauty Bible Camp
● Willing to reside in the area and establish relationships
Education and Experience:
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field or Masters preferred
● Background in education, counseling, child and family development, children, youth, and family ministry helpful
● Experience as a volunteer and /or staff in a school, church, or other educational setting
This is a full time position based on a 40-hour work week. Salary is dependent on education and experience and will be reviewed annually with respect to cost-of-living, merit, and personal need. Housing allowance will be provided.
The Church will provide reimbursement for mileage, continuing education, Covenant events and Covenant Orientation as needed.
Whitworth Church – Inviting Community and University to Know Jesus
Position Description: Director of Youth Spiritual Formation
Located on the campus of Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington, our mission statement shapes every aspect of our congregation: Inviting Community and University to Know Jesus. Our church is not easily categorized, and we embrace our paradoxes: Community and University, Passionate Faith and Theological Depth, New and Historic, Wide and Deep, Outreach and Discipleship.
This person will create environments that Invite students to Know Jesus. The Director of Youth Spiritual Formation is supervised by the Pastor, partners with the Spiritual Formation Team, and supervises the Middle School Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and develop effective, intentional programming for students.
2. Coordinate retreats, camps, special events, and mission experiences.
3. Develop and train leaders (Middle School Director, Interns, volunteers, and students)
4. Champion a culture of Christian relationships/relational ministry to undergird every aspect of student ministry.
5. Consistently communicate with parents/families.
6. Embrace a collaborative Staff culture.
7. Participate in appropriate meetings, worship services, and congregational events.
Demonstrates a lifestyle that reflects an authentic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for student ministry. Enthusiastic about context, mission, staff and programs of Whitworth Church.
Must exhibit biblical and theological sophistication; Must have 5 years of experience in a multi-staff church environment, earned degree(s) in Bible/Theology, and a proven record of leadership with large youth ministries.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to sign church leadership statement and satisfactorily pass background checks required by Whitworth Church.
*All Whitworth Church staff are expected to be: competent, humble, creative and fun.
Job Title: Student Minister
Church Name: Stafford County Christian Church
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Average Worship Attendance: 275
Average Youth Group Attendance: 35-45
Who we are:
Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC) is a non-denominational church located approximately 45 minutes south of Washington DC. Stafford County is a significant suburb of the Capital with a very large and growing population, and benefits from all the latest technological advancements. We also have a large military presence which is reflected in our church body demographics. The community surrounding the church is growing rapidly and offers incredible ministry opportunities. At this time, plans and construction are already in motion to add an additional 2900 homes in the area immediately surrounding SCCC. This explosion of growth is also seen in our middle and high schools. Within five miles of SCCC we have 5500 high school students at three schools and 2800 middle school students at three schools. We’re excited about what that means for outreach and discipling opportunities. The vision of SCCC is “To create Christ followers who are bold for Christ.”
What we are looking for:
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time student minister, and desire to find someone who is passionate to reach, disciple, and equip this generation to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, and to see students on mission to reach the lost. The primary area of focus will be to oversee and coordinate all areas in the middle and high school ministry, grades 6-12. Candidates will be given the opportunities to hone other ministerial skills under the mentorship of the Senior Minister. One example of these opportunities could be preaching 3-5 times a year.
· To be a catalyst, with an energetic, infectious personality who leads students (of all walks of life) to a deep-rooted faith in Christ Jesus
· Build strong relationships with the students, parents, and student leaders
· Encourage students to become mature in Christ through Biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism, and service
· Create and implement weekly student services that provide exciting worship, Bible study, and engaging life groups
To be considered for this position the applicant must:
· Have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in full-time student ministry
· Have strong Christian character, belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and live out a solid Christ-like example
· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Have a passion for excellence and continuous development in all areas of ministry
· Be a strategic thinker who is able to create and successfully implement new programs
· Be able to collaborate with fellow staff toward the common church vision
· Have a teachable spirit, humble heart, and a bold passion to disciple our students in Christ
· Be able to adapt to the needs of SCCC and its ever-increasing number of students
· Be committed to the Biblical positions of the independent Christian Churches / Churches of Christ
Key Areas of Focus:
· Recruiting, training, discipling, and multiplying both leaders and students
· Partner with parents to be the primary influencer in the life of students
· Develop student events that are outreach focused and have appeal to draw the unsaved
· Coordinate and provide regular social, outreach, and service events
· Provide retreats, conferences, and camps
· Establish and maintain operational procedures for student ministry and an accountability structure through which safety and growth are maintained
Youth Leader Development:
· Lead the leaders with passion, excitement, and vision
· Identify, recruit, train, place and empower new leaders into the ministry
· Set up monthly meetings to collaborate in creating, developing, implementing, and continually assessing the effectiveness of an enticing, passionate student ministry
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Also send at least two videos of you teaching students.
Once your resume has been received you will be sent a confirmation. After resumes are reviewed, you may also receive a questionnaire that will need to be filled out and returned. Successful candidates will be further contacted about the next steps in the process, which will be phone/Skype interviews.
1813 Mountain View Road, Stafford, Virginia, 22554