Position: Middle School Ministry Resident
Reports To: Middle School Pastor
Description of Church:
Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus church of around 2,200 that is located in West Knoxville and Roane County, TN. For the past 20 years we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God of love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training residents to be the best pastors possible.
Our middle school ministry has over 150 students regularly involved and is averaging 100 on a weekly basis at our Wednesday night gathering, The Mix. We have experienced substantial growth over the past several years and need a gifted female to add to our staff.
The purposes of the resident positions in Student Ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service.
- To give those considering full time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness.
Residents will be accountable to and under the supervision of the Middle School Pastor.
- Lead and/or participate in worship at MSM on Wednesday nights and on Weekend services as needed
- Lead the effort in recruitment, training and nurture of student worship leaders
- Set up ongoing InFuse trainings that partner Worship Ministries with Middle School Ministry for coaching and mentoring
- Be actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, summer trips, activities and weekly programs
- Manage Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, and social media on a weekly basis
- Help maintain & organize stage (mic cables, music stands, instruments, etc.)
- Help create videos that will enhance the teaching for our programs and other events
- Be actively involved in leading a small group and meet with students on a weekly basis
Weekly Involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- The Mix, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping/Discipling student worship leaders
- Resident Development process
Hours: 40-50 hours a week
Commitment: Two year commitment
- Salary + Free housing provided
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- One frisbee golf disc
- Unlimited supply of M&M’s
- Two weeks of paid vacation during the year
Comp Days: If you have worked a significant amount of extra hours in a week for various reasons (retreats, camps, etc) then you will be allowed to have time off during the next week to compensate for the extra hours. Always check with your supervisor before taking Comp Days.
Sundays: Part of life in church ministry is working on Sundays! In order to give you an accurate picture of what it will be like if you go into church ministry, we ask that you attend church and volunteer on Sundays during service
Job Interviews: The nature of this residency is to train and send. Therefore we give you time off for your job/seminary interviews that may come about during the second half of the residency year
Expenses: You will have access to a monthly budget to spend on ministry related expenses (meals with students, games, recreation, etc)
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years volunteer experience in worship leading and/or instrumentalist in worship bands
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Links to Check out:
- Website: http://www.2rc.tv/msm2rc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msm2rc
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/msm2rc
STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Thurs and all services on Sundays
SALARY: Competitive salary with generous benefit package (Paid insurance, Cell phone reimbursement, Paid vacation time, Retirement matching)
About New Life Community Church:
New Life Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Gardner, a rapidly growing suburb of Kansas City. New Life is a church passionate about reaching the lost in simple and effective ways. Our mission statement is “Love God. Love People. Nothing else really matters.” NLCC is in the process of building a new 65,000sqft facility on a 12 acre campus and is look to hire leaders who can lead in the present and grow with us into the future.
At New Life Community Church (NLCC) the desire is to foster an open, collaborative working environment that engages staff and their unique spiritual gifts in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. NLCC’s staff is valued and considered to be the most important asset, provided by God, in the church’s ability to help people “Love God and Love People.”
The Student Ministry Pastor is a Pastoral Staff position and reports to a direct report in the Executive Staff for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The Primary Focus:
Work with the Ministerial Staff to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Student Ministry to:
- Develop, cultivate, and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the student ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of New Life Community Church.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple the students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Develop a clear strategy for onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of student ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to student ministries and outreach opportunities.
- Communicate with the students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours Monday – Thursday and attend all weekend and student ministry services.
- Ensure that Student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Plan and execute trips and special events for student ministry.
- Design, oversee, and evaluate all curriculum for the student ministry program.
- Create, plan, and execute student ministry services.
- Be the primary communicator for student ministry services.
- Actively engage with students and parents during weekend service.
- Be an active participant in all weekend services.
- Assist the Children’s pastor in the execution of Transit (5th-6th grade).
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the New Life Community Church Staff Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of New Life Community Church and submit to the direction of the senior pastor, elders and other leadership of the church. http://newlifegardner.com/what-we-believe
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with students, parents, and teams of volunteers. i.e. emotional and relationship intelligence
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A Professional Certification in Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of student ministry is preferred.
- Must be coachable. Able to learn and adapt to the culture of New Life Community Church.
- Must be comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of critique.
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration. No lone rangers.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positive, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient with social media, and excellent computer skills.
- Other skills such as video editing, musical aptitude, graphic design (peripheral skills related to Student Ministry) appreciated but not required.
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check.
Please send an email to New Life Community Church info@NewLifeGardner.com with the subject line “Student Ministry Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Memphis Theological Seminary
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 1
Email Dea Wathen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Cascade Community Church is a Bible-believing church family of 90+ members located in a small community in the mountains of rural Idaho. We are located just two hours north of Boise, Idaho, a metropolitan area of over 300,000 residents, and only moments from outdoor recreational areas to enjoy. We are a congregation focused on outreach ministry to our community and the world beyond, with an emphasis on youth. Our vision statement is “Change the world from here: One child at a time; one student at a time; one family at a time; one disciple at a time.”
We are looking for a young man of unquestionable character living in accordance with the Word of God to be a full-time Youth Pastor. The ideal candidate has a heart for youth such that he will endeavor to see the youth of our community fall deeper in love with Jesus, grow in their spiritual development, and learn to love others as God loves us. The primary role of the youth pastor is to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to love God and love people. The youth pastor also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. The youth pastor is responsible for planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grade seven through twelve.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows: develop the vision and curriculum for youth ministry, lead Sunday, mid-week, and other youth gatherings or events, provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to local students and parents during times of difficulty and major crisis, oversee youth ministry staff and volunteers, , and develop relationships with the local educational community to share Christ’s love at schools and draw students to the church’s youth ministry.
The requirements for this position are as follows: be called by God in the Lord Jesus Christ to a special ministry of the word to students, undergraduate degree preferred but not required, prior experience in student ministry, excellent computer and social media skills, outstanding communication skills both verbal and written, affinity for young people, and ability and interest in leading mission trips.
Please submit all questions, letters of interest, and resume to email@example.com.
Status: Full Time Exempt
40 hours a week
Work week Sunday – Thursday occasional weekends.
Purpose: To build youth, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus.
Have visible, successful experience in children’s ministry.
At least a bachelor’s degree.
Live no more than 15 miles from Marble Falls within 1 month of hire date.
Ability to set and achieve goals
Able to communicate vision
A good communicator
A team builder
Develop relationships with students grade 6-12.
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of students including but not limited to camps, retreats, etc.
Incorporate students into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church.
Develop relationships with parents of students.
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on students.
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church.
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve students and their parents.
Schedule and train volunteers
1. Create and implement community wide events.
2. Build relationships and work with other youth pastors, churches and parachurch organizations.
Please submit resume and philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Student Ministry Worship Coordinator is to lead authentic, energetic, and engaging worship for Middle School and High School students. This team member will lead and develop student musicians to be a part of the worship band for student programming.
Part-Time: $20/hr for 20hrs/week
Worship Leading Responsibilities:
1. Oversee all musical aspects including song selection, creation of charts and materials, and the overall onstage worship leading presence.
2. Schedule and train the student band and singers so they are prepared for the worship service.
3. Oversee the set up and execution of technical elements for all programming (sound, lights, video).
4. Develop and work with volunteers to help with setting up of worship equipment, running ProPresenter, and checking sound.
5. Collaborate with the Student Ministries team to come up with creative elements and programming for all services.
Additional Weekly Responsibilities:
1. Attend weekly Student Staff meetings
2. Meet with students on the worship team during the week to continue developing their musical talents.
3. Be present and available to meet with any student to encourage them on their spiritual journey.
1. Love for seeing students have a real and authentic relationship with Jesus
2. Strong personal faith
4. Team builder and recruiter
5. Fun and energetic both on and off stage
SEND RESUME TO STUDENT MINISTRY DIRECTOR MICHAEL AGNEW – MAGNEW@STANDREWUMC.ORG
Position Description/Overview: Provide vision, leadership and congregational support for the high school (with a special focus on our Sandusky campus) and young adult ministry across campuses.
Ministry Wide Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the High School team to establish and execute a strategic vision for High School Ministry and Young Adult ministry at The Chapel.
- Participate in Chapel strategic team meetings.
- Collaborate with Student Ministry team to develop appropriate High School curriculum.
- Plan, promote and execute special events for High School. Meet with High School Team to do necessary follow up and debrief event (Fall Retreat, Winter Weekend, Short Term Missions, fellowship and outreach events, etc.).
- Participate on the Family Ministry team. Create “Orange moments” for families at every opportunity; look for ways to enhance and support the parents influence at home, and communicate regularly with other Family Ministry groups for seamless transitions through the phases. Family ministry meeting; looking for orange moments.
- Assist in helping young adults build relationships and connections within the church and come alongside the existing ministry to young adults. Develop new ideas and events to engage this group of people.
Sandusky Campus Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit, equip, train, recognize, appreciate, track and “do life” with all High School weekly volunteer leaders and mentors: Inspire, empower, coach, and develop volunteer leaders to move from program-directed to self-directed ministry. First serves, placement, training, application, retention, encouragement background checks.
Invest and engage relationally with students on weekends and during the week. Be visible at student events on school campuses.
- Plan and implement Sandusky Campus High School weekly programing.
- Develop and maintain ministry schedules: teachers, small group leaders, hosts, food.
- Create, coordinate and oversee the High School Student Leadership Team that takes ownership over the week-to-week duties of our weekly services.
- Teach regularly and help coordinate/organize student worship.
- Manage and implement monthly email communication and weekly text messaging communication to High School parents and students. Communicate with parents and students through various platforms, social media, texting, note cards, email, and newsletters.
- Champion Sandusky Campus High School ministry to our church family, staff and elders – keep them informed of what’s happening and advocate for needs.
- Lead and nurture students including follow up for new students and inactive students as well as regular contact for active attenders.
- Be present and available during ministry hours to troubleshoot, encourage, train and receive feedback as well as handle issues with students, families, systems.
- Develop and distribute the weekly Beyond One80 student devotional.
- Ensure that student ministry events are properly scheduled/coordinated on the “main chapel calendar” and the High School and Middle School calendars.
- Champion the “move them out” effort to aid graduates in making a smooth transition into a church community.
- Be the Student Ministry “go to” for ChurchTeams utilization and tracking.
- Coordinate childcare during Sandusky ONE80 program for volunteer leaders.
- Lives by Chapel Mission statement and Core Believes (thechapel.tv/values-beliefs)
- Dynamic and growing relationship with Christ
- Christ-centered lifestyle/spiritual mature
- Passionate about student ministry and engaging high school students and young adults
- Team player who works well with various personalities
- Engaging and enthusiastic communicator
- Ability to lead and develop volunteers
- Teachable and approachable
- Self-starter who shows initiative and creativity
- Relationship oriented
- Reliable, hard worker
- Organizational skills and ability to manage a budget
- Ministry experience leading student ministry or staff member at a multi-site church preferred
- Formal theological training preferred
I. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
1. Daily Schedule – regular office hours shall be kept, with the day beginning with the generally accepted office hours of the church. Two days off per week shall be granted, with the exception of special events, outreaches or group involvement that involves leadership. (A minimum of forty  hours a week is expected).
2. Staff meetings – regular attendance at all staff meetings; prepared to report on ministry activities.
3. Accountable directly to the Senior.
4. Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the total good of the church.
5. Consult Senior Pastor on plans and policies.
II. BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The youth pastor will have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of these areas of ministry.
o Guide the Church in determining a philosophy of youth ministry.
o Set up a balanced program of youth education and ministry within the This includes small groups, mid-week ministries, outreaches, and missions.
o Guide in developing policies and procedures for effective youth ministry.
o Aid in recruiting leadership for youth staff positions.
o Serve as a resource person to provide the impetus for effective youth ministry.
o Give guidance, direction, and training to all youth staff; disciple them for a fruitful ministry.
o Lead, guide, and counsel and parents in personal Christian growth and development.
o Cooperate with the district and denominational youth programs, involving our youth, whenever possible, in the district and sectional activities.
o Constantly evaluate the objective and effectiveness of youth ministry, implementing improvements and changes wherever needed.
o Promote the youth ministry outside the church, taking youth ministry into our schools and community as commanded in Matthew 28:18-20.
o Hospital calling – share with Staff Pastors in ministering to the sick. The scheduling and frequency of this responsibility shall be determined by the Senior Pastor.
o Sunday or special service assistance – assist in serving communion, making announcements, preaching, or other needs during designated service or gatherings.
o Counseling – offer counsel when called
1. Develop plan for discovering, recruiting, and training all youth’s This includes continuing training for experienced workers as well as that for new workers.
2. Give leadership to all outreach and evangelism efforts with the youth, such as visitation and follow-up of new Christians.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of all youth ministries Suggest needed changes and develop plans for making these changes.
4. Prepare a budget to cover all aspects of the church’s ministry to Take responsibility for disbursing all funds.
5. Develop special ministry groups such as mission teams, worship teams, etc.
6. Serve as a competent counselor for parents and youth.
7. Plan and lead events like missions trips, retreats, and conferences for the youth ministries.
1. A committed Christian life, living in accordance with the Word of God.
2. Agree with the doctrinal statement of the church and be willing to abide by the by-laws of our church constitution.
3. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and teachable.
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate with all groups in the scope of his/her ministry.
5. Demonstrates a willingness to be a servant.
6. A licensed or ordained minister with the Assemblies of God is optimal, or willingness to obtain credentials.
IV. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in pastoral practices. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience. Continuous training in Bible and human resources.
1. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Council with all reasonable expenses paid.
2. The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Minister’s Institute with all reasonable expenses paid.
3. Out of Town Conferences- In addition to District Council and Ministers Institute, pastors will be allowed to attend one out-of town conference per year (as finances allow).
4. Local Conference
5. Conference time should not be used as vacation time.
6. If an employee has a spouse, it will be expected that the spouse be involved in an agreed upon understanding between all parties involved.
Trinity Christian Center
Youth Pastor Job Description
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
The goal of the Youth Ministry is to build disciples for Christ, equipping them to share their faith with others. The mission of discipleship in relational environments is a key component of youth ministry. The Youth Pastor will develop and inspire youth to become leaders in their church and their community.
The Youth Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor’s performance.
1. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry.
2. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
3. Stay abreast of new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and effective program.
4. Share these changes with the parents to assist them in better understanding their youth and the culture they live in.
5. Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
6. Recruit and train volunteers to serve in various aspects of youth ministry
7. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth ministries.
8. Coordinate curriculum for youth Jr and Sr high youth and recruit youth leaders to assist with the weekly teaching and mentoring the youth.
9. Work in partnership with schools in the area to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic ministry outreach plan.
10. Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
11. Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, texting, etc.)
12. Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel the youth towards effective lives as followers of Jesus (i.e. lunch at school, after school visits, attendance at extracurricular activities, home visitations, and support during times of crisis, etc.)
13. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
14. Attend all Staff meetings
15. Responsible for management, planning, and utilization of equipment, supplies, and facilities specifically related to youth ministry
16. Potential preaching on an occasional basis to be agreed on by Senior Pastor
Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ
A relational and pastoral heart
Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the church.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
6. Must be willing to develop his preaching and teaching ability.
7. Must have the ability to equip and then release others for service.
8. Must have a demonstrated passion for youth ministry, a sense of calling by God, and spiritual gifts consistent with teaching and administration.
9. Must endorse and support the Doctrinal and statement of beliefs of Trinity Christian Center, be willing to annually reaffirm that agreement
Please send an email to the Senior Pastor, Corey Potts at email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
4. A statement of personal beliefs and testimony
Flossmoor Community Church, an active, diverse and inclusive south suburban church known for it’s outstanding Youth program, seeks an outstanding person with an understanding of how youth learn; discerning their needs and abilities, creatively interacting and engaging their involvement, inspiring their spiritual growth and most of all, having the energy and passion to make it fun!
Please visit our website at www.fccfaithful.org to see the full job description.
Interested candidates should email their full resume to FCCYouthSearch@fccfaithful.org. Applications will be received through December 31, 2019.