Bay Presbyterian Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries.
Bay Presbyterian (EPC) Church seeks a Student Ministries Director passionate about middle and high school students and eager to go outside of the church building to engage relationally with students not connected to any community of faith.
This historically-strong youth ministry seeks to continue its reputation of introducing students to a relationship with Jesus, nurturing faith in the students of attending families at BPC and developing future leaders for the church and the community.
BPC is seeking a Student Ministries Director that feels deeply called to ministering to middle- and high school aged students in their neighborhood. A gift for relational evangelism and outreach and energizing others toward evangelism is important for this role. The ideal leader will have experience developing engaging youth discipleship programs and energy both to sustain and innovate based on emerging needs of the youth in Bay Village.
As a key team member on a talented staff, BPC is looking for someone that is eager to discover ways to integrate student ministry into the day-to-day life of the church. The ideal candidate has experience working across a breadth of stake holders and has a vision for a vibrant multi-generational community of faith.
- Develop and Execute strategy for Discipleship Evangelism across student ministry department
- Provide executive leadership for student ministries department including full-time staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Actively engage in evangelism and discipleship relationships outside the walls of the church (contact work with students)
- Lead dynamic discipleship and evangelism programming on Sundays and Midweek
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to facilitate small groups, participate in regular programming and share Jesus with all students in the local community
- Collaborate with Discipleship and Family Ministry personnel to build trusting relationships with parents and caregivers
- Introduce students to scripture and equip them to follow Jesus
- Serve as the primary leader of either middle school or high school student programming and help facilitate the other student program.
- Preach occasionally to the congregation in Sunday worship
- Build relationships with the congregation through regular presence and participation in Sunday worship services
For more information about this role, view the full job description here, or contact the recruiter overseeing this search Ryan Church at Ryan@agorasearchgroup.com
The Director supports SPC’s mission of being a “Christ Centered, Mission Minded Family.” The Youth Director will thoughtfully and prayerfully work to articulate and implement this mission in age appropriate ways for the Mid-High and Sr. High youth of SPC – within the congregation and the broader community. The Youth Director will work with volunteer leaders, staff, students, and parents to help students grow as disciples of Jesus.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to Senior Pastor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Associate Director of Youth and Youth Ministry Coordinator
1. Cultivating a holistic and relational youth ministry
Develop and grow a youth ministry department which invites leaders to invest in lives of students and equips families to grow in faith and service to Christ.
· Recruit, nurture, and develop lay leaders to be partners in ministry to students.
· Coordinate volunteer involvement, encourage them to support one another, and equip them to use their gifts in ministry.
· Initiate and pursue contact with students, individually and in groups, to care for them and to communicate the love of Jesus through words and actions.
· Promote community between students, and between students and leaders.
· Encourage and equip parents to join in the work of helping their children grow as disciples.
· Communicate clearly with parents and build partnerships with parent teams to assist in programmatic ministry.
2. Program Management—weekly and special events
· Work with staff and volunteer teams to encourage students’ spiritual growth through study of scripture, prayer, fellowship and service:
o Contribute creative ideas, insight, vision, and enthusiasm for youth programs.
o Plan and implement curriculum for year-long and summer ministry programs–Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, small groups, special events, retreats, and mission projects.
· Communicate the good news of the Christian faith with warmth, humor, and effectiveness.
· Invite, coordinate, and equip leaders to take various roles in programs and special events.
· Assist in developing and executing other youth department-wide events as needed.
· Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the world.
· Experience and/or training in the faith development of students, and an understanding of the theology and polity of the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A.
· Excitement for building systems and structure without losing sight of the needs of students coming from a variety of places in life.
· Enthusiastically affirm SPC’s vision, values, and goals.
· Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
· Ability to work compassionately and effectively with youth and adults of all ages.
· 5 or more years of full-time youth ministry experience strongly desired.
· Interested in a long-term commitment to SPC’s youth ministry.
· Desire to maintain and model healthy personal, spiritual and professional growth and boundaries.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
· Seminary or equivalent education preferred.
· Preferred proficiency in Microsoft office programs; audio/visual tools; and social networking.
Full time, exempt
New Directions is an interdenominational community-wide youth ministry for youth in grades 3-12 that exists to: 1) Love and accept youth where they are; 2) Share the gospel of Jesus Christ, and 3) Nurture and equip youth to honor and serve God as they grow in their Christian faith.
The Director of Youth Ministries is the full time staff member of the New Directions Youth Ministry. He or she functions as a minister to youth, an organizer of programs, a recruiter and trainer of adult volunteers, and a promoter of the ministry to the community. The role of the Director is very challenging and demanding, but is also very rewarding.
The Director of Youth Ministries will work in cooperation with a team of adult volunteers, and the New Directions Youth Ministry Board in order to provide oversight in several key areas including:
- Developing relationships with students
- The development and operation of weekly programs, special events, service projects, and mission trips
- Volunteer recruitment, training and support
- Publicity and community-wide promotion of the ministry
- Administrative duties
Interested persons should contact New Directions Board Chairman, Bill Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 430-3334.
Job Title Youth Minister
Position Purpose The Director of Student Ministries will serve Faith Lutheran Church, and the middle school and high school students by working under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor, with the purpose of leading them in their faith journey.
· Plan, promote and lead weekly activities and special events for students.
· Participate and provide leadership for the annual summer mission trip.
· Work with Lead Pastor to establish strategic goals and vision for Student Ministry of Faith Lutheran
· Plan and teach in the weekly Sunday evening program.
· Attend and participate in weekly church staff meetings.
· Develop informal relationships with students.
· Bi-weekly gathering with Lead Pastor for study, reflection, evaluation and training.
· Contribute to the recruiting and training of volunteers.
· Work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
· Ability to take direction and listen, posture of a learner.
· Ability to lead students in worship, i.e. play guitar/keyboards etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
· Youth leadership and teaching experience preferred.
· Effective time management, flexible schedule, including varied daily hours to meet program and informal ministry needs.
· Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ and Gods work in the world.
· A love for children and youth and a desire to see them grow in their Christian faith.
· Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
· Willingness to seek God’s direction in ministry.
The Ministry Mechanics are excited to partner with Columbia Community Church (C3) in Richland , WA (Tri-Cities) to fill their Student Ministries Director position. C3 is a dynamic and growing church of around 2,500 in weekly attendance. They have a vibrant staff and are committed to reaching people for Jesus. They leverage modern music and technology in their student ministry to help reach people for Jesus. This is a great opportunity for a strong leader to have a huge impact on the next generation! Send your resume to email@example.com
At C3, we are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title. We strive to pursue growth, lead change and engage quality. We laugh hard and honor God with integrity.
We are a large, growing nondenominational church in the ‘Tri-Cities’ in eastern Washington State, where fun in the sun is a way of life. Our area’s inviting waterways beckon water lovers from all over the region to enjoy power and pleasure boating, waterskiing, swimming, fishing, windsurfing, and much more. From bicycling to golf, hunting to fishing, soccer to snow-skiing (it’s just a short 2-hour drive to the mountains), recreational opportunities are endless. U.S. News & World Report is on to us….they recently ranked Washington as the Best State Overall in the country!
C3’s Student Ministry leads students in 5th-12th grade to become fully devoted followers of Christ. By teaching truth through God’s Word and being culturally relevant, staff and volunteer leaders develop relationships with students during weekly experiences, small groups, and serving together
Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least 2 years of experience in large, growing youth program
Willingness to model Biblical priorities and core values of C3 (click here for details)
Skilled to communicate in dynamic ways that point students towards Christ and motivate them to have a deeper walk with the Lord
Passion to develop and motivate adults and students to become leaders
You’ll be happy if you enjoy:
Speaking and leading from the front and seeing lives changed
Hanging out at coffee shops and meeting new people
Recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers and student leaders
Building a relational youth ministry team
Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during weekend experiences
We’ll high-five if you:
Find yourself hanging out at high schools and middle schools during lunch
Are highly competitive (and good at 9 Square)
A student’s success through Christ is the highlight of your day
Desire to excel in a centrally driven growing church with multiple venues
Role: Student Ministries Director Church Size: 2,500
Required Hours: 40hrs/wk (inc. Sundays and Wednesday nights)
Compensation: Salaried with full benefits including health, dental, vision and identity theft insurance and access to a 403(b) retirement plan.
FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR
MT. ZION CHURCH – XENIA, OH
The Family Ministries Pastor will help fulfill Mt. Zion Church’s motto, which is to: Share Jesus, Grow Disciples and Serve Others. He will accomplish this by leading our Youth & Children’s Ministries with Christlikeness and excellence. He will use his creativity and leadership skills to help us effectively reach out to families in our community.
1. A man with a vibrant, growing walk with Jesus, who highly values God’s Word, senses the call to pastoral ministry, and meets the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
2. A humble, teachable spirit who is willing to consider others’ viewpoints.
3. Passionate about helping youth & children become fully-devoted Christ followers, and about coming alongside parents as they fulfill their God-given role in the home.
4. If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his wife and/or children.
5. Able to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Mt. Zion Church.
6. A self-motivated leader who can build teams by recruiting & developing volunteers and communicating ministry vision to others.
7. An energetic team player with strong people skills across all ages.
8. Able to relate to teens and mentor them to spiritual maturity using solid Biblical counsel.
9. A creative and organized person with good communication and leadership skills.
10. A college degree with relevant training (Youth and/or Children’s Ministry, Christian Education, or Bible) and two years of relevant experience is preferred.
YOUTH MINISTRIES (approx. 40%)
1. Plan, prepare, and execute all weekly student events (Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights), with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit and train adult volunteer staff to guide, lead, and supervise the students.
3. Identify, organize and lead activities for outreach, service, fellowship, and worship (retreats, mission trips, etc.).
4. Recruit and disciple qualified students for leadership training.
5. Connect with students throughout the week (texting, social media, attend youth events, etc.) and regularly communicate with parents, seeking ways to equip them for their roles.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES (approx. 30%)
1. With the help of volunteers, oversee and develop Children’s Ministry weekly programs (Sunday morning classes, nursery, Awana) with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit, guide, and equip Children’s Ministry volunteer leaders, casting vision and providing direction to facilitate spiritual growth of children and equipping of their parents.
3. Coordinate and plan occasional staff development for volunteers.
4. Working with volunteer leaders, assist in identifying and planning seasonal ministry events like VBS.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (approx. 20%)
1. Attend weekly staff meetings; regularly communicate with the Senior Pastor.
2. Actively participate in Sunday morning worship services (musical and/or singing ability, with an interest in joining the church Praise team, would be a plus!)
3. Act as an advocate for family ministry, and facilitate good communication between ministry coordinators/volunteers, students, parents, church family, staff, and church leadership.
4. Oversee curriculum selection and evaluation, ensuring use of Biblically solid and age-appropriate materials. Provide cohesive curriculum with a vision for comprehensive discipleship of youth/children and their families.
5. Oversee administration of the “Reducing the Risk” Youth/Child Protection Plan, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with youth and children.
6. Recommend annual budget for Youth & Children’s Ministries, and oversee all spending within these budgets.
7. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment for Youth & Children’s Ministries.
8. Prepare monthly ministry activity reports for church Governing Board.
OTHER PASTORAL DUTIES (approx. 10%)
1. May be asked to preach occasionally, as well as other pastoral responsibilities as requested (visitation, attending church-wide events, etc.).
2. Be willing to serve as a Mt. Zion Church Elder, helping provide spiritual oversight of the church and assisting in planning church-wide ministry activities.
The Family Ministries Pastor shall work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
If interested, please send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator, Christ Lutheran Church, 2350 44th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49519
Christ Lutheran Church is seeking to hire a Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator who desires to encourage, inspire, and nurture the faith formation of children, teens, and adults in our church community which includes being the Senior High Youth leader. We seek an energetic and confident person to build upon established programs using their own creativity, interests, and expertise. This position requires the individual to invite, equip, and encourage a team of volunteers to carry out the programs offered The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate and work effectively with staff and church members, and support the ELCA’s mission and vision. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
A complete job description can be located on our church website, clcwyoming.org .
Not all Student Ministry jobs are created equal! If you have a passion for leading students to a relationship with Jesus and growing them in their faith then this opportunity may be for you! Creekside Church is located on 32 acres in one of the fastest growing counties in the state of Georgia. With worship attendance of about 850, Creekside is not your normal, traditional Methodist church. We are positioning ourselves to reach the next generation for Jesus! We have completed the construction of a new gym, and we are currently in the planning stage of building a new Student Ministry Facility. Here at Creekside, we believe our future lies with the next generation. Therefore, we have a passion to reach and teach them.
The ideal candidate for this position:
-Has a passion for leading students to Christ (evangelism) and growing them in their faith (discipleship)
-Has a desire to build relationships and spend time with students and their families
-Is high energy, self-motivated, has a teachable spirit and can work well with our church staff
-Embraces the Creekside Church mission and vision and has a deep desire to lead the Student Ministry to the next level
Check us out on our website: Creekside.net
If you are interested in applying for the position of Student Minister at Creekside Church please send your resume with a cover letter to our Executive Pastor Perry Gaines at email@example.com.
Title: Director of Student Ministry
Status: Part-time, 30 hours, 24,000 Annually
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Mission: The mission of SunHills is to lead people in finding joy in Jesus by making and maturing disciples of Jesus!
Job Goal: Working towards the advancement of this mission, our High School Student Ministry Lead is responsible for loving and leading our high school students at SunHills and in our community, into a joy-filled relationship with Jesus.
- Oversight and direction of the Middle School and High School Youth Group experience
- Weekly Sermon development and preaching
- Student Discipleship
- Sunday Morning Discipleship
- Spiritual development and recruitment of youth leaders
- Winter Camp
- Summer Camp
- Outreach opportunities
- Maintain a strong personal relationship with Jesus and a character of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and dependability.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of SunHills Church, participate as a team player, and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Cultivate a spirit of optimism through a positive, helpful, flexible, thankful, and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Manage your time wisely to effectively prioritize ministry service, with or without direction.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to SunHills Church.
- Be in a discipleship relationship
If you have questions or are interested in applying for this position please contact Erich Grunder at Erich@sunhills.org.