We are seeking the Lord for a man who is gifted by the Lord to connect with youth on their level, reach into their lives, be active in their lives, teach them with the Bible and let it be applicable to their lives and lead them to become on-fire followers of Jesus! Working closely with the pastor and collaborating with other ministry leaders, parents, and Mill Creek Baptist Church members is at the heart of this role. Because of the nature of youth ministry, flexibility in scheduling and the ability to switch gears quickly are very important—and because of this, we are asking God for a man who is keenly aware of the balance needed between family and ministry so that the Lord is honored at home and in the church. Lastly, our heart’s desire is that this man and his family wholeheartedly love the Lord and will join our body as we love and obey Jesus to the glory of God.
Pastor of Student Ministries || Richwoods Christian Church
Who you are:
We are looking for a Pastor of Student Ministries who is passionate about outreach and discipleship to lead our student ministry into a new era of growth and vibrancy. We want someone to join our team who loves Jesus, students, and identifying and recruiting amazing leaders. We want someone who recognizes that excellent ministry happens both inside and outside the church walls: you lead excellent youth programs but also are out with students on campuses, at Taco Bell, or in homes. We’d love it if you are a student of Student Ministry, who loves to talk StuMin theory, but also loves The Office, is willing to learn the latest viral TikTok dance, and can handle themselves in Settlers of Catan or Fortnite.
Who we are:
A church that is dedicated to “helping people find and follow Christ.” We value collaboration, vulnerability, honesty, and having fun! We have a staff of 17 people that can’t wait for you to join our team. We want to support and unleash you, as you lead the student ministries. Our church is non-denominational, and is a Christian Church that comes out of the Restoration Movement. Our worship is modern and casual, our church is friendly, and we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll do:
You’ll provide vision for the entire student ministry, focusing on recruiting, developing, unleashing, and supporting a great team of volunteers. You’ll oversee teams that lead middle school, high school, and college ministries, and you’ll lead the ministries as is appropriate. We want you to lead a dynamic, relationship-based ministry, where you multiply yourself by developing an enthusiastic team of leaders who will share their faith and disciple our students.
You’ll supplement the ministry of those teams by being outward-focused, freed up to do all the important things that a great Youth Pastor should do—like be on-campus with students, take leaders out for coffee, and invite people to join you on your authentic journey with Christ. You’ll be relationally present at weekend services and maybe grab lunch with the kids. We hope you’ll be a resource for parents and for the community.
We’ve got a strong team for you to join, including a supportive church staff with lots of student ministry experience. Our church is at an exciting point and we can’t wait to have a positive and enthusiastic person to join us!
If you’re interested in applying, please check out our culture and beliefs on our website (richwoods.org/about-us). If you would like to talk further, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to Tom Butler at email@example.com, with the subject line: Pastor of Student Ministries.
Looking forward to talking to you soon!
What follows is:
1. A bit about our church and our city
2. Our ideal qualifications
3. The formal Job Description
1. A bit about our church and our city
Highlighted in Christian Standard’s 2018 list of Emerging Mega-Churches, Richwoods Christian Church is a vibrant, joyful church. Overflowing with young families, it is known in the community for being a safe place for the unchurched and “over-churched” to find and follow Christ. Richwoods is a multi-site, non-denominational community of believers with roots in the Restoration Movement. This movement was built around a message that resounds today: a call to unite with other Christians (regardless of denominational constructs), seeking unity around biblical essentials, and living together in grace in the gray areas. As the saying goes: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.” After investing in a multi-site model for growth, Richwoods currently has four services across two campuses, and (pre-Covid) averages an attendance of around 1,000 a week. We are currently looking for our new Lead Pastor (our last LP left on great terms), and we believe in the importance of investing in our Student Ministries.
Peoria is a great place to live and raise a family. A 4-time “All American City” award winner, a recent Top 50 metropolitan area on Forbes’ “Best Places for Business and Careers” list, and frequent Top 10 “Best Mannered Cities,” Peoria has something for everyone. We have a vibrant river front and minor league hockey and baseball teams. There are over 9,000 acres of parks and trails, along with many other centers of culture and entertainment such as a Broadway Show or a Bradley Braves basketball game at the Civic Center, or spend some time at the Riverfront Museum, the Planetarium, the Botanical Garden, the Zoo, or the wildlife park. There is a growing food and pub scene, giving a very long list of date night options. With its low cost of living, excellent schools, superb entertainment options, international business, and ideal location, Peoria offers all of the big-city amenities with a small-town feel and is an ideal place to live!
2. Our ideal qualifications
• Vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus
• 3+ years experience on a church staff with proven ministry growth
• Proven capability to recruit, develop, and support exceptional volunteer leadership teams
• Biblical education, (Bachelors degree or higher), and an earnest desire to learn and grow
• Relational, outgoing and good with people
• Ability to develop and lead a student worship team
• Strong passion for students and young adults with a heart for Jesus-focused, family-friendly ministry that disciples students to spiritual maturity but is also able to engage with the unchurched “where they are, as they are”
• Proven expertise as a teacher and communicator with strong teaching skills
• High emotional and relational intelligence with solid listening, communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic, internally motivated with a drive for excellence
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and be flexible, and can work independently and as part of a team
• Committed to teamwork with the leadership, staff, and congregation of Richwoods Christian Church
3. The formal Job Description
Position: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Connections Pastor
Relates to: Children’s Ministry positions
Supervises: High School, Junior High, and College Ministry Teams
Campus: Knoxville Campus
Status: Full time, Exempt
Position Summary: This position provides the overall vision for the entire Student Ministry, and personally leads ministries as is appropriate. Responsible for the implementation and coordination of student ministry strategy and focus for Richwoods under the direction of the Connections Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, culture, and strategy of Richwoods and the ability to develop, align, and empower volunteers, leaders, and teams with its purpose, vision, and values. The Pastor of Student Ministries should have an awareness of the significant role they play, and to use their presence and influence to benefit the students, their families, the church, and the community.
Role 1 – Oversee Vision and Continuity for Student Ministries
Responsibility 1 –
Communicate and cast the vision for Student Ministry as a whole. To lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students (6th- college age) by providing environments that will challenge them to take their next step with Jesus. Provide plan for outreach to unchurched students, and have a plan to follow up with new students and those who have not attended in a while.
Ensure the Student Ministry is effectively present in the local school systems.
Responsibility 3 –
Strategically transitioning students through the Student Ministry (rKids to Junior High, to Senior High, to College) and from the Student Ministry to the life of the church.
Responsibility 4 –
Working with Connections Pastor, create the annual budget and event calendar. Prepare a year-long curriculum plan. Oversee the execution of these plans.
Responsibility 5 –
Oversee the direction/culture of Richwoods College Ministry (ages 18 – 24) and ensure an effective and relevant program where young adults can come together and be encourage to find and follow Christ. Empower and work with the College Area Leaders to provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for young adults at Richwoods.
Role 2 – Work Directly with Ministries
Responsibility 1 –
Oversee the direction/culture of the ministries, and likely focus on investing with the High School Ministry (grade 9-12). Lead an effective and relevant program where students can find and follow Christ. Be relationally present on Sunday mornings, and lead the Wednesday evening youth program. Also, provide vision casting and leadership training for adult leaders, student leaders, and volunteer teams.
Responsibility 2 –
Build a team of adult leaders who will lead alongside each other with one mind and heart helping students find and follow Christ. Develop a healthy leadership community that attracts, develops, and empowers ministry partners and volunteers.
Responsibility 3 –
Establish/maintain a personal presence at local high schools. Foster and curate the community of the youth group. Go to lunch with students after church.
Other General Duties
• Dedicate yourself to your personal and spiritual health and growth.
• Establish and maintain healthy work boundaries.
• Contribute to all-staff meetings, retreats, and church wide events/classes (Discovering Richwoods, Leadership Community, Annual Meetings, Volunteer Pushes, etc)
• Be transparent with working hours, and location when off-site during normal working hours. Be available before/after services.
• Other duties as assigned
Emmanuel United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. This is a full-time position with compensation dependent on qualifications with HOUSING AND UTILITIES PROVIDED.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, located just northeast of Indianapolis in Noblesville, is a vital congregation which seeks to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world with a strong emphasis on missional discipleship.
The congregation is in a high growth area with a large number of unchurched. There are currently 103,000 people living within 4.5 miles of the church with 88,000 of those being under 55. The potential for ministry to young adults and youth is unlimited.
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry is responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining a discipleship program of spiritual formation for the youth and young adults in our congregation and community. An effective leader will work with church and community leaders of all ages to address the needs of youth/young adults and to implement opportunities for growing as Christian disciples.
Qualifications: We seek an individual who is team-oriented and self-directed. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for working with youth and young adults and have an ability to share his/her faith in Christ. A degree in youth ministry is not required but a plus, and previous experience is recommended. Other skills/experience desired include leadership, knowledge of United Methodist theology, communications and missions.
Full Time Student Ministry, Children Ministry And Small Group Director. The person filling this position will be responsible for effectively developing, organizing, and supervising the Student Ministry and Children Ministry of First United Methodist Church for the purpose of making and growing students into disciples of Jesus Christ. They will lead a team of small group leaders in the growth of a healthy, relational, and outward focused small group ministry that seeks to grow deep relational connections and a growing relationship with Jesus. Job description, application, and information about First United Methodist Church in North Platte, Nebraska is available at firstchurchnp.com. Closing date is August 10, 2020.
FBC Idalou is searching for a Pastor of Students. They will be responsible for developing relationships with students, parents, volunteers, and people of multiple generations. Ideal candidate will be driven to engage the community and embrace the opportunities of ministry in a growing small town. More information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $36,000-$45,896
The Associate Director of Family Ministries will work with the Family Ministries Operation Team to provide vision, strategy, and leadership to the families of Noblesville First. The role will focus primarily on Orange Express, the Children’s Ministry of Noblesville First (~75%). The role will take a leadership role in The Vine Student Ministries, the student ministry of Noblesville First (~25%) as well.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, fun, and relationship building
- Identify, train, and coach leaders for the Children’s Ministry
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for children and families
- Organize and execute exceptional summer programming
- Work alone and alongside the Family Ministries Operations Team to develop events and programs for children and their families
- Engage in community outreach with families
- Communicate to families to inform them of current and upcoming events
- Co-lead Wednesday night Youth Group
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Sit on the Student Ministries Advisory Council
- Be willing to consistently work Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as well as other nights/weekends as required
- Attend and/or lead necessary training for Family Ministries staff including, but not limited to, CPR, First Aid, Safe Sanctuaries, Stop the Bleed, ALICE, etc.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget
- Help plan and attend student mission trips
- Maintain a connection with the Preschool Director and Preschool board
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- 3+ years working in ministry to children and/or youth preferred
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- A great team player that is willing to strategize and vision with the Family Ministries Operations Team
- Flexibility – as of now, our Children’s Ministry is not meeting in person. We need someone who can provide an effective online experience as well as in-person.
- Be an effective teacher in-person and on camera
- A genuinely devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart
- A commitment to the mission of Noblesville First and the United Methodist Church
- Has a basic understanding of United Methodist and Wesleyan theology
- Be willing to become a member of Noblesville First United Methodist Church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Flexible hours
- Socially distanced office
- Voting time off
- Ability to work remotely on occasion
- 10 paid company holidays, plus a day off during your Birthday week
- Comp time
- Expense account
- Paid Sabbatical leave (every 7 years)
*Please note – we do not offer medical, dental, or vision benefits
To apply, please submit all of the following documents to Noblesville First at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three references (include name, job title, phone number, and email address)
Our mission at Fifth Reformed Church is Growing Disciples Who Make Disciples. We are a mission-minded, evangelical and historic congregation in Grand Rapids, MI seeking to build a discipling culture that puts mission and ministry back into the hands of the people of God. We are searching for a Student Ministries Director or Pastor who desires to make a long-term investment in students and young adults. This role provides leadership and oversight to all student ministries and serves as a member of the staff Strategic Leadership Team, providing overall strategic leadership to the church.
The Middle School (MS) Director is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all aspects related to the ministry of students in grades 6-8. The Director maintains a firm grasp on the purpose, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of the church, ensuring that the MS ministry is properly aligned with the overall church direction. Also ensures that the MS ministry’s objectives, practices, and policies support the overall vision and strategy for the youth ministry department.
The Middle School Director will report directly to the Youth Ministries Pastor and work closely with him in leading and creating vision for the Berean Youth. This is a full time exempt (salaried) position.
Be a core participant of the team setting the direction and executing the strategy that helps students passionately follow Jesus
· Be a key member of the youth ministry team that helps dream, plan and execute to reach students with the Gospel
· Actively attend Berean Baptist Church services
· Attend youth and family ministry meetings as assigned by supervisor
· Be an active member of Berean Baptist Church staff by participating in staff gatherings
Serve as main minister to students grade 6-8
· Lead non-Christian teens to an awareness of the saving power of Jesus Christ.
· Lead teen believers to an awareness, understanding and experience of a Christ-centered life through follow-up and strategic discipleship.
· Apply faithful treatment of the Bible in testimony, teaching, training, and conversation
· Encourage teens in the life of faith, including spirituality, family life, school environments, and other life related matters.
· Encourage youth to see the importance of being part of the larger family of Berean Baptist and work to integrate them with the main congregation.
· Play a key role in all corporate youth gatherings including Sunday mornings and mid-week meetings.
· Oversee, plan and participate regularly in scheduled youth functions, which would include mission trips, retreats, and other special events.
· Oversee planning and participate in service, mission projects, & evangelistic outreach events.
· Pray regularly for the middle school students.
Take responsibility for volunteer recruitment, training, strategic planning and leader development in order to execute the purpose, vision, and values of the Youth Ministry.
· Continually be looking for and recruiting new leaders to help with the Middle School ministry.
· Regularly train and equip the MS volunteer team.
· Help communicate the Berean Youth goals and vision to the MS volunteer team
· Ensure that all volunteers meet the requirements set out by Berean Baptist Church and the youth department for volunteer leadership
· Meet regularly with leaders outside of normal program times to provide an open door and encourage leaders through listening and counseling
· Pray regularly for the middle school leaders.
Come alongside parents of MS students to equip and assist them in their role as the primary spiritual trainers of their children.
· Promote family first ministry with MS parents
· Regularly keep parents informed of ministry plans and events
· Regularly provide parenting resources
· Pray regularly for the parents of middle school students.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Maintain or establish membership with Berean Baptist Church
Agree with Berean Baptist statement of faith
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with youth ministry with over 50 youth regularly in attendance
Experience with youth retreats or coordination of mission projects
Working knowledge of standard office equipment, procedures, and practices
· proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet usage
· ability to learn to use Planning Center, Mailchimp, PC People and other software
Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
Good communication and conflict resolution skills
Maintain a positive and uplifting demeanor
Work independently in the absence of direct supervision
· Working in office for periods of time
· Involves some light lifting, up to 20 pounds, and managing supplies for storage
· Ability to stand and walk around the classrooms for several hours on Wednesdays and Sundays
· Working BY or Family Ministry events that are outside of regular work hours, which can be in the evenings or on weekends
Able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekday office hours, Wednesday nights and Sundays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
The principle function of this role is to support Joplin First United Methodist Church’s mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by directing vital ministries for children, youth and their families and by equipping the congregation to serve in hands-on missions.
The 20 hrs/week position, has a pay range from $18K-24K per year, depending on the experience and skill of the applicant . Anticipated start will be September 2020. Please submit a resume and three references (Pastor/spiritual leader, a previous supervisor, co-worker) to firstname.lastname@example.org.