Flossmoor Community Church, an active, diverse and inclusive south suburban church known for it’s outstanding Youth program, seeks an outstanding person with an understanding of how youth learn; discerning their needs and abilities, creatively interacting and engaging their involvement, inspiring their spiritual growth and most of all, having the energy and passion to make it fun!
Please visit our website at www.fccfaithful.org to see the full job description.
Interested candidates should email their full resume to FCCYouthSearch@fccfaithful.org. Applications will be received through December 31, 2019.
The Children’s Ministry Associate will be a dynamic leader with a passion and vision for partnering with the Frisco Bible Church staff, parents and volunteer leaders. The Associate will help to create an environment where families are welcomed into a healthy community to meet Jesus Christ, to grow in their faith and be equipped to share the gospel with friends.
Help in the equipping and organization of the ministries for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Working with lead volunteers to resource their ministry for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Work with Director of Children’s Ministry
Recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
Create a discipleship model that both draws in those from the outside and multiplies disciple makers.
Has a high level of teen volunteers so having some student ministry experience is a plus!
Sunday Morning (worship, teaching and activities)
1-45 Camp and Pine Cove Camp in the City
5+ years’ experience in Children’s Ministry or related employment
Understand Basic Microsoft Office Programs
Bachelors Degree or work experience considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Summary: To create, nurture and lead a ministry for middle and high school students (Grades 6-12) that fosters a growing relationship with Jesus Christ; ensures a consistent, Christ-centered biblical ministry that guides students in building a healthy, growing, and lasting faith in Jesus Christ; to implement a youth program that includes but is not limited to fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, mission, and ministry opportunities. Providing ways to help students Know God, Love One Another, and Serve the World.
Accountability: The Associate Pastor/Director is an employee of Grace Community Covenant Church. He/she reports to the Lead Pastor. He/she is expected to accept the central beliefs of the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC); to comply with all policies and procedures adopted by the Leadership Team and to support the ministries and activities of the church.
The Youth Ministry at Grace provides a place where students can know, understand, and grow in God’s love. It is understood that building and maintaining positive relationships with students is an essential part of all Youth Ministry activities.
1. Introduce middle and high school students to a living Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ, through teaching the Christian truths of the Bible and to pursue a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
2. Encourage middle and high school students to have a personal relationship with Jesus and to nurture a growing and dynamic faith by teaching them the basic disciplines for Christian growth including but not limited to prayer, worship, Bible study, discipleship, mission, fellowship, and service.
3. The Associate Pastor/Director will be responsible for all aspects of the Youth Ministry program. Delegation of responsibilities assumes that the Associate Pastor/Director will continue to be knowledgeable of all matters pertaining to the youth and will provide direct guidance into the planning and implementation of the program.
4. Plan personal time for spiritual growth. This can include things like participation in a small group that can offer support, Bible study, feedback, and spiritual nurturing. To seek counseling, spiritual direction, and/or leadership coaching when needed.
5. To be a healthy team player, who is collaborative with others, willing to receive and offer feedback that is helpful to the overall culture of leaders, staff, and the congregation and will demonstrate an ability to work with other staff and volunteers in a positive and supportive manner that builds teamship.
· Research and provide a biblically-based, age-appropriate curriculum for teaching that will allow students to grow in their faith (e.g., Sunday School or equivalent).
· Create a relevant and engaging atmosphere that will reach students with a goal of helping them grow into a committed follower of Christ (e.g., Youth Group or equivalent).
· Keep current on the culture and how to connect with students.
· Develop and coordinate a small group/spiritual formation ministry for youth. Recruit, train, empower and support adult volunteers to lead small groups for students.
· Recruit and coordinate a team of teachers to lead Sunday School, Youth Group, and Confirmation classes. (It is understood that the Associate Pastor/Director will also be
involved in teaching these classes.)
· Recruit, empower and support other volunteers serving in Youth Ministry.
· Plan and manage all special events for middle and high school students (CHIC, retreats, camps, etc.).
· Work with the Missions Committee to plan mission trips and outreach activities.
· Oversees procedures for managing and reviewing background checks for all involved with the Youth Ministry program. Work with Youth Ministry staff, volunteers, and
others in ministry to ensure all are knowledgeable and adhering to the protection and abuse, safety, and security policies.
· Plan for and maintain contact with the parents through (including but not limited to) emails, newsletters, mailings, phone calls, etc. Hold informational meetings for |
parents as needed.
· Provide an annual Youth Ministry budget recommendation to the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team. The Associate Pastor/Director will be responsible for overseeing the
approved Youth Ministry budget; he/she will oversee all ministry specific purchases, distribution, and use of all equipment and supplies for Youth Ministry programming.
· Pray regularly for Youth Ministry staff, volunteers, and programs.
· Report to the Leadership Team updating them on ministry goals, objectives, and/or work-related activities.
· Communicate regularly with the Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders to ensure the complementary and consistent ministry focus.
· Work with other ministries in helping transitions from Children’s to Youth to Young Adult.
· Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to schedule Youth Ministry participation in the leadership of Sunday worship services and other services.
· Assist with preaching as requested.
· Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor for mentoring, growth and accountability, and participate in all staff meetings as needed and/or requested.
· Attend ECC conferences, retreats, activities, etc. as required and/or as time allows.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position.
Requirements of the position: A spiritually mature Christian with a strong desire and ability to minister to the needs of middle and high school students.
A preferred candidate has:
· An advanced degree (Bachelors, Masters)
· Previous Youth Ministry experience
· Knowledge of or experience with the ministry of Young Life
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong communication skills and an ability to connect with students and parents in small and large group settings
· Experience in leading groups including children, youth and adults
· Ability and experience in faith sharing
· Knowledge of available Christian Education Curricula and Teaching Resources
· Experience and knowledge of legal responsibilities in working with youth
· Able to use technology and social media to stay connected and engaged with students
· Proven ability to work well with others, to collaborate, and to give and receive feedback in healthy ways that encourage and protect an overall healthy culture among
leaders, staff, and the congregation.
The First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills is seeking a committed follower of Jesus to join our ministry team as the full-time Director of Middle School and High School Ministries.
First Pres sees its ministry to Middle School and High School students as a high priority of its mission. We are committed to presenting the Gospel to and providing community for the students in the church family as well as reaching out to students in our greater community with the life-changing message of Christ’s love and doing so with passion, creativity and integrity.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for planning and leading, as well as being the primary teacher, at weekly youth groups as well as at regular special events (overnights, water ski trips, retreats, movie nights etc.) The Director of Youth Ministries will be expected to spend time with students at their schools, going to games and concerts where students are involved. In coordination with the Associate Pastor for Discipleship Ministries, he/she shall supervise the recruiting, training, and leading the volunteers who make up the youth ministry teams.
If interested in more information about the Church, please check our website www.fpcgh.org. For specific information on the position, salary range and benefits please email Bryant@fpcgh.org or call the Church Office 818.360.1831.
MAPLEVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH
Position: Youth Director
Hours: 20 hrs/week = 3 days/week
Start Date: 1/1/2020
Vacation: 2 weeks
Purpose: To glorify God by serving the pastors, parents, and youth of Mapleview Baptist Church through the development and execution of a Biblically grounded youth program.
1. Lead weekly Sunday school and mid-week youth group meetings for Junior High and Senior High students at Mapleview.
2. Enlist and train all leaders and workers in youth ministry.
3. Plan and conduct special events, camps, missions trips, service projects, outreach, and fundraisers.
4. Wisely steward the annual allotted youth budget.
5. Attend the weekly staff meeting.
6. Attend every all-church event and be willing to serve wherever needed.
7. Encourage and support the parents of the youth as they train up their children.
8. Sporadically join the Senior Pastor at conferences, visitations of the sick and elderly, and other mentoring opportunities.
Compensation: $25,000 annual starting
The youth director and elders will meet after 6 months to review and assess the ministry and plan the way ahead.
– A man who is a follower of Jesus and has been called to shepherd others
– Received some form of Christian education (BA, MA, MDiv) or is attending/completed a school of ministry or discipleship.
– Currently serving in the local church youth ministry and/or para-church ministry
– Able to teach God’s Word with passion, accuracy and in a way that connects to Jr. High and Sr. High Students
– Able to energetically interact and effectively build healthy relationships with students
– Able to execute a ministry plan to grow students spiritually, reach the unchurched youth in our community, plan events and trips, and work with other church leaders.
– Able to work with media/social media technology on a weekly basis to help reach students
What We Offer
– 25 hours a week to oversee both Jr. & Sr. High Groups (separate)
– Personal discipleship with JC Cooper (Pastor)
– A healthy and God-honoring work environment at a growing church
– Opportunities for a full time position based on candidates performance
Who We Are
– The Mission Church has been around for 8 years and we are recently (12 months) new to Carlsbad from our planting city Encinitas.
– We exist to glorify God as we help people embrace the call of God upon their lives.
– We are a growing church that has doubled in size since moving to downtown Carlsbad.
– Our Mission 68 (Jr. High) and High School group have about 15 students in each group. Currently Sr. High meets on Thursday nights, Jr. High on Tuesday nights.
– We offer Jr. High programming on Sunday mornings, but our High School group participates in the main service.
The Mission Church
825 Carlsbad Village Dr.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Senior High Associate Youth Minister
First United Methodist Church Rockwall, TX
FUMC Rockwall is seeking a part-time Sr. High Associate Youth Minister to minister with youth & their families – especially helping guide, teach & lead youth from 9th – 12th grade.
Responsibilities to include weekly administrative planning, present Sundays, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, implementation of Sr. High Sunday School & UMYF Sunday evenings, & yearly events such as retreats, mission trips, & fellowship outings – increased responsibilities through summer months.
Full job description can be at http://www.fumcrockwall.com/sh-associate-youth-minister/.
For more information and to apply submit resume to
Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth
firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-771-5500 x22
STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR – IMMEDIATE OPENING!
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Student Ministries Pastor (Youth Pastor) for our ministry “LP Students” at LifePointe. This includes Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age. The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is a contributing member of our leadership team, having input on church decisions. We are looking for someone to build upon a solid foundation within the Student Ministry and take it to the next level.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS:
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for:
- Teaching, leading, developing and overseeing the Student Ministries at LifePointe: Junior High (7th-8th grade), High School (9th-12th grade) and College age.
- Making disciples: Growing our Student Ministries numerically and spiritually by meeting agreed upon measurable goals, expectations and objectives
- Working in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission
- Growing a dynamic student ministry by:
- Attracting, connecting and building relationships with students
- Recruiting, developing and building relationships with adult leaders
- Engaging parents
- Inspiring life change through outstanding teaching
- Creating a culture of community and service amongst students
- Regularly be on school campus’ for student games, activities, etc., and build a culture where your leaders do the same
- Entertain students and leaders in your home regularly
- Provide consistent and regular outreach activities/events throughout the year (Increased activity/events schedule in the summer)
The Student Ministries Pastor should demonstrate their ability to:
- Possess a strong commitment to the dynamic of a team environment, with the ability to follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Take initiative; contribute expertise immediately
- Demonstrate multi-faceted leadership in pastoral, administrative and organizational roles.
- Be a gifted communicator: you will also have the opportunity to teach at our main weekend worship services.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND CONTEXT ON LIFEPOINTE CHRISTIAN CHURCH:
Located in Elk Grove – a suburb of Sacramento, California – LifePointe is a non-denominational Christian Church planted 16 years ago by the Senior Pastor, Chris Delfs, through STADIA: New Church Strategies (www.stadia.cc). Visit our website at: lifepointe.org
We RELENTLESSLY pursue pointing people to the abundant, joy-filled life Jesus came to give us. Through a relational context, we pursue this abundant life by building GENUINE relationships with others – and developing a DEEPLY DEVOTED relationship with Jesus. We preach the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
Our dream for LifePointe is grand and the opportunities to grow and develop as a leader are enormous. We have a great team of staff, elders and church members who are looking for just the right person who has a servant’s heart and who wants to help LifePointe accomplish God’s vision for this church. Do you feel like you might be that individual?
- Salary Negotiable
- Full medical and dental provided
- Retirement plan provided
HOW TO APPLY:
View the full description of the Student Ministries Pastor, including how to apply on our website at: https://lifepointe.org/jobs/
Please read details about the position on our website (https://lifepointe.org/jobs/) BEFORE you submit an email and resume! DO NOT APPLY directly through youthspecialties!!!!!
Woodlake United Methodist Church in Chesterfield, Virginia, is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministries to oversee programs and special events for sixth-eighth graders in our middle school ministry. The Associate Director will also engage in high school ministry and general youth ministry initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Youth Ministries. Woodlake’s middle and high school ministries are designed to provide opportunities to build faith communities among peer groups and with adult mentors with the goal of leading youth to know God and live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
This role is part of a cohesive Next Gen ministry for children and youth from birth to high school graduation so they may INVITE others that they may live in the life-changing power of knowing Jesus, ENGAGE with others as we “do life together” while digging deeper into what it means to follow Jesus, and SERVE both inside and outside our walls to offer hope to a world that desperately needs it.
Reports to: Assistant Rector
Status: Part Time, hourly (10-15 hours/wk.)
Pay: $15-25/hr, depending on experience, education and skill set.
Benefits: Vacation Pay; outreach pay; travel reimbursement; training/study expense reimbursement; may participate in 403(b) plan with voluntary contributions
Date of Posting: December 5, 2019
To Apply: Submit a resume to Mark McNickle, our Search Committee chair, at email@example.com. Once we have your resume, and have reviewed it, we will ask selected candidates to complete a questionnaire.
Overview of position: We seek young, preferably female, shepherd/discipler for Youth to serve as a Ministry Assistant to our Assistant Rector for both Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry. Preferably in her 20’s. Build disciples of Jesus Christ by implementing teaching, motivation and programs for youth in Loudoun County, centered on Leesburg. Serve as a spiritual leader, mentor, and role model that the female youth and young adults of CHS can emulate and trust. Equip students and young adults to develop a lively personal trust in Jesus. Be a team player on staff, helping where needed.
Description of setting and ministry: Church of the Holy Spirit is a relatively young (18 years), medium size church, led by the founding Rector. Average Sunday Attendance in 2019 is 150 in two services. We have over 20 small groups and many ministries. We currently have 2 full-time, and 12 part-time staff. We are Anglican, and we honor and uphold the evangelical, charismatic and sacramental streams of the church. Leesburg, Virginia is our home. This is a prosperous suburban setting on the western edge of the Washington DC Metroplex, not far from Dulles Airport. Leesburg has been named one of the most livable towns in America by Money magazine.
At CHS, we are Bible believing, openly charismatic, and serious about evangelism, discipleship and holiness. We also place a strong emphasis on fellowship and prayer. Many who visit remark that we are one of the friendliest churches that they have ever attended. We are a multi-ethnic congregation. Our Mission statement is “We invite nations and generations to experience God’s love and power.”
The youth ministry at CHS serves young people in grades 6 through 12. Both Senior high and Jr. High meet separately, twice a month on Sunday afternoons or evenings for discipleship, at which we emphasize Bible study, fellowship, and fun. Sr. High also meet every other Sunday morning for Sunday school during the worship service, and Jr. High meet every week during the worship service. A few of our teens are being mentored by adults in the congregation. Along with our weekly meetings, we do occasional service projects, and we serve and evangelize in the summer by participating in Camp Booyah, and joining with the adults in our Haiti and Uganda mission trips. We run a teen confirmation class every other year. Currently, we have about 10 students in our high school ministry and another 12 middle schoolers. The pool of students connected to our ministry is larger.
The young adult ministry at CHS needs restarting after our leader moved out of town a year ago. The Ministry Assistant will aid in the start-up of programs and discipleship of our young adults.
Qualifications and Competencies:
-Must have a passion for youth and youth ministry.
-Must be a team player and willing to take direction from the Youth Leader.
-Must be in alignment with CHS and ANCA (Anglican Church of North America) theology and practice.
-Must have some experience in youth or young adult ministry.
-This person must also show a motivated desire to model a life of continual learning, growth, repentance, and being a faithful follower of Christ by the grace of God.
-Must speak fluent English.
-Must be humble, teachable, and able to follow direction; must be a self-starter