Student Ministries Director
Bethany CRC’s Mission:
Bethany CRC is intentionally structuring its life together to assist one another in fulfilling our commitment to transforming lives and communities through the purposes of Christ’s church:
- Magnifying God (Worship)
- Membership in Christ’s Church (Fellowship)
- Maturity in Christ (Discipleship)
- Ministry to others (Service)
- Mission in the world (Witness)
Student Ministries Position Objective
The Director is responsible for all aspects of middle school and high school ministries in harmony with Bethany’s purposes.
The Student Ministries Director serves Christ through Bethany Church by partnering with leaders, parents, and students to make more and better disciples who are authentically living and loving like Jesus.
1. Identify, Attract, Lead, and Develop Leaders and Teams
a. Build relationships with those who share a passion to reach students with the gospel
b. Continually equip volunteers to lead programs, ministry teams, and small groups
c. Director is not to just do ministry to/with students, but gather others to do the same
2. Connect with Students (starting with 70 on our contacts list)
a. Visit schools, athletic events, concerts, chapel services and other important events that students are involved in with a minimum of twice monthly for both middle and high school students
b. Available for counseling, prayer and spiritual encouragement for all students
c. Be in contact with in-active or less-than-active students of Bethany
d. Have posted office hours weekly
3. Equip students
a. Teach the Word to give biblical understanding and life application of the gospel
b. Challenge students to live and practice their faith at home, school, work, church
c. Identify the ministry passions and spiritual gifts of students and possible ministry roles
d. Identify and train prospective youth leaders in community development and youth ministry through an Internship Program
4. Communicate with Church, Staff, Council, Parents, and Students
a. Weekly bulletin announcements, Website updated monthly
b. Quarterly calendars/newsletters to keep students/parents/church regularly informed about trips, retreats and special events
c. Create brochures/flyers for special events, camps, retreats, service projects
d. Make occasional presentations to the Council and congregation as requested
5. Direct MS and HS Ministry Programs
a. Sunday mornings & evenings, Wednesday evenings, weekly small groups, etc.
b. Local service projects and mission experiences
c. Winter and Summer camps, other seasonal retreats, youth conventions, special programs & fundraising events
d. Relate to and coordinate with area churches in doing some combined events
a. Create a balanced, annual long-range plan for topics, speakers, events, etc.
b. Develop annual Youth Ministry budget and coordinate/monitor expenses
c. Keep office and rooms orderly to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere
· Fully devoted to God and His Church and committed to expressing that devotion through prayer, worship, and obedience
· Maintains a vital, growing personal walk with God through Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit
· Walks with with moral integrity to be above reproach in life and ministry
· Models faithful leadership and ministry effectiveness by being humble and teachable
· Pursues personal growth and ministry development opportunities, people, books, etc.
Gifts, Abilities, Experiences
· Demonstrated passion to reach MS and HS youth that do not know Jesus Christ
· Ability to meaningfully relate to a variety of people groups (church council, staff, parents and youth, congregation and community, and other ministry leaders/churches)
· Has at least two-years of student ministry leadership experience and effectiveness
· Completion of college/university desired
· Has an understanding and commitment to Reformed doctrine/theology
· Is, or will be, a professing member of Bethany CRC
· The Student Ministries Director is accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet with the Senior Pastor and Personnel Team for annual reviews
Compensation & Employment Terms
This is an exempt, salaried, full-time position (40+ hours per week)
Compensation commensurate with experience, education and performance
Position is eligible for Family Health Insurance Benefits and Housing/Allowance
Three-weeks paid vacation to be used within each church year
Position is available now. Start date to be negotiated.
To Apply, email the following to: email@example.com
1. Letter of Introduction (one-page)
2. Resume (ministry experiences, educational background, family relationships)
a. What is your philosophy of ministry to students?
b. If you were a super hero, what super power would you have, and why?
Student Pastor / Director Search
2000 Member United Methodist Church in Montgomery Alabama seeking gifted and experienced Youth minister for immediate placement. Very active student ministry with full staff team in place. Salary negotiable based on experience. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our wesite at www.sjlife.com
Lake Shores Church is seeking the person God is calling to build students, their parents and volunteers’ relationship with God, build Godly relationships with their family and friends and to help others do the same.
Have a visible, growing relationship with Jesus
Demonstrated successful experience in students’s ministry
Live in the Highland Lakes Area within 1 month of hire date.
Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
Experience in communicating vision
Demonstrated ability as a good communicator
A history of team building
At least 3 years experience in students’s ministry
Develop relationships with students from sixth through twelfth grade
Oversee curriculum, programming, and discipleship of students including but not limited to camps, retreats, Sunday morning activities. etc.
Incorporate students into the life and ministries of Lake Shores Church
Develop relationships with parents of students
Oversee training, equipping and empowering of parents to be the primary spiritual influence on students
Incorporate parents into the life of Lake Shores Church
Recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve students and their parents
Schedule and train all volunteers serving in students’s ministries
Bidwell Presbyterian Church in Chico, California seeks a Youth Director to provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th – 12th grade) ministry. The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through its Personnel and Youth Ministries Support Team. This is a full-time position with benefits.
1. Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
2. Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
3. Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church’s purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement, and core values.
4. A clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
5. Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
6. Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
7. A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
8. Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
9. Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management, and program coordination.
10. Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and writing.
11. Possesses excellent relational skills with the ability to build in-depth relationships with youth and adult volunteers.
12. Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience while actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
13. Ability to utilize modern communication technologies.
1. Ability to play an instrument, such as a guitar or piano to lead informal singing.
2. Experience in working with ministry teams.
3. Seminary degree or other academic training appropriate for this position
Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
Collaboration with staff, elder and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th-grade students.
Recruit, equip and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
· Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
· Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each subprogram. This includes the following programs and activities:
o Mid-week programs
o Small-group Bible studies
o Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
1. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
3. Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
Director, Youth and Family Ministries
Full Time Exempt, Benefits
Priority deadline to apply: March 22, 2019, open until filled
Job Summary: Date: February 2019
Develop, oversee, and grow the Youth and Family Ministry at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley in fulfillment of the church’s mission and vision, with direct involvement in the High School Ministry.
Christian Formation of High School Students through Weekly Programs (30%)
· Develop and implement short term/long term goals and coordinate curriculum and vision for Youth Ministry.
· Develop and oversee Sunday morning High School and Middle Hour program including curriculum development, worship, and activities.
· Lead weekly Thursday night High School program. Develop and/or select Bible Study curriculum.
· Develop, train, and equip a high school leadership and volunteer teams to take ownership of the youth ministry.
· Meet with students and leaders on a regular basis, walking with them as they seek to be faithfully formed into the image of Christ.
· Connect regularly with parents as pastor to them, partnering with parents in the formation of their children.
· Train and motivate adult volunteers for leadership in Youth Ministry, and meet with them on a regular basis, equipping them for faithful ministry.
Special Events (25%)
· Provide leadership, training, and participation for retreats and special events.
· Organize special mission trips (e.g. Mexico). Prepare self and students, train volunteers, and participate in trips. Arrange for necessary logistics.
· Plan missional and social events appropriate for High School students.
· Participate in annual All Church Conference.
· Partner with Director of Children and Family Ministries in the development and implementation of Vacation Bible School (VBS).
Church Leadership/Administration (15%)
· Ensure the visibility of the Youth in Sunday Worship, including worship leadership responsibilities.
· Attend staff and church leadership meetings as appropriate.
· Supervise Youth Coordinator in the leadership of Middle School Ministry.
· Collaborate with Director of Choirs in development of Network Choir.
· Create and maintain yearly Youth Department budget.
· Adhere to Church Policies regarding forms and safety procedures.
· Maintain Youth Department weekly newsletter and website for regular communication.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters of Divinity or Theology; Masters Youth Ministry desired
· A growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ.
· Three to five years of prior experience in leading youth ministry, including curriculum and event planning, speaking, and supervising other youth staff and volunteers.
· Possess a solid theology and philosophy of how youth ministry fits in the life of the church.
· Demonstrated ability to develop, oversee, and grow a ministry program.
· Demonstrated ability to be a mature and engaging presence in the lives of students
· Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, and work graciously with volunteers.
· Excellent communication skills to large and small groups, including interpersonal and people skills, discretion, and ability to hold confidentiality.
· Desire to grow as a teacher and mentor.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills to prioritize and implement multiple programs.
· Proficient knowledge of software programs and web-based applications, which may include: Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Publisher, Google Drive and Docs, and familiarity with using database programs. Willing and able to apply advanced features in software and applications, and learn new programs and applications as needed.
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Christian Formation
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the right of First Presbyterian Church leadership to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to Apply:
· Visit www.fpcberkeley.org/employment.asp for our application form.
· Return the completed application form along with your cover letter and resume to Bonnie Rauscher, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
or mail to Bonnie Rauscher, First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA 94704
Priority Deadline: March 22, 2019. Rolling review upon receipt.
Early Applications are encouraged.
Position will remain open until filled.
Final job offer will be contingent on passing a criminal record background check.
Here’s a bit about who we are:
Our Community: We are based out of Marysville, Ohio (Northwest of Columbus by 30 minutes)! Our town has many companies like Honda, Scotts/Miracle Grow, Nestle, and many other smaller companies. The community is growing very fast and lots of families are not connected with a church.
Our Church: Our church dates back to the early 1820s. We average about 400-450 in weekly church attendance. We have traditional and contemporary worship. We have a large building with a full gym, many classrooms, and a sanctuary. Check out our church website: www.marysvillefumc.org.
Youth & Children’s Ministry: our 7th-12th grade (Quake) ministry averages 50-70 and our 5th/6th grade (Outbreak) ministry averages around 20. Our children’s program has about 40-50 on a Sunday morning for Sunday School (3-6th grade) and 20-30 for Children’s Church (3yrs old to 4th grade). Check out our youth website: www.quakeyouth.org
Resume and questionnaire is due by April 30, 2019!
College Parkway Baptist Church, a moderate Baptist church in Arnold, Maryland, is seeking an experienced Student Minister to lead our children and youth ministries. An advanced degree in Ministry is preferred; a background in Education and prior paid Youth or Children’s ministry experience is required. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) at a salary of $36,000 per year. Resumes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4/26/19. For more information, visit our website – http://www.collegeparkwaybaptist.net.
Christ Church in Sugar Land, TX, is looking for a positive and energetic part-time staff member with a deep faith in Christ and love for High School students. This position involves serving with the full-time Director of Youth Ministry in reaching and discipling senior high youth in the congregation and in the community. A church background in Methodist or Wesleyan traditions is preferred but not required. College graduates or currently enrolled college students in the local area are welcome to apply. All interested persons may send a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com. See www.christchurchsl.org/jobs for the full job description.
Fenton United Methodist Church, Fenton, Michigan, is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Director of youth and Young Adult Ministries. For application and job description, please contact the church.
Northlake Community Church (www.northlakeonline.org) is located in Bellingham, WA in the upper northwest corner of Washington State. Located just over an hour north of the Seattle metro area, Bellingham offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike trails, golf courses, and so much more. Bellingham is home to about 90,000 people which keeps it feeling like a small and big community at the same time. Bellingham residents love the easy access to the outdoors, laid back and easy going community, and close access to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
As a church, Northlake has been around since 1952. What originally started as a women’s bible study quickly grew into a large group of believers who wanted to do life together as a church. Today, Northlake is home to about 425 weekly attenders that make up a multi-generational, non-denominational church. Located just up the street from Squalicum High School, Northlake sits in a friendly neighborhood and is in a prime location to reach the hundreds of families that surround it.
The Student Ministries Position:
The role we’re seeking to hire is a Student Ministries Pastor or Director who would be responsible for the leadership and spiritual development of the middle school and high school students connected with Northlake Community Church. Currently our student ministry serves about 50 students during our Sunday services and 30 throughout the week in small groups. Northlake’s student ministry has an excellent and long standing reputation in the Bellingham community. Our hope is to continue that reputation as we seek to lead the next generation to know Jesus and fully live the life God has for them. Being that our current Student Ministries Pastor will remain at Northlake to transition to an Associate Pastor role, we’re searching for a suitable replacement to continue to help our students and families thrive.
What You’ll Need To Succeed In This Position:
- A passion for following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
- A passion for middle school and high school students.
- A grander vision for how student ministries help build up a church.
- A love for working on a team.
- To be self-motivated, teachable, a great problem solver, and have a positive overall attitude.
- To be real and authentic – not skipping over the tough parts of life but pressing into them.
- A genuine love for spending time with students.
- A heart for the lost (especially within the unchurched setting of the Northwest).
- Experience serving and leading in student ministries.
- The ability to bring God’s word to life in a real and practical way.
This is a full-time exempt position that will require 40+ hours of work a week.
Starting salary range is from $40,000-$55,000 depending on education and experience.
Northlake provides exceptional benefits including:
- Health insurance for your entire family
- Retirement fund employer matching program
- Funds to cover a portion of moving expenses.
See Full Job Posting By Clicking Here