We are a church committed to: “Making disciples by encouraging people to make Jesus visible in their daily lives.” Our strategy for fulfilling this mission is simple: We GATHER to worship and celebrate the Lord; we CONNECT with others in authentic community; and we BLESS others across the street and around the world. Learn more about us and our values here.
Paul writes in Hebrews 10, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another”. Your primary responsibility is to know the students and families of Grace – to disciple, love and equip them to become rooted in Christ so they can go into their daily lives and make Jesus visible. In partnership with the Student Ministries team, you will be responsible for developing and coordinating programs within the ministry and participating in our students’ daily lives by showing up for them, loving them and encouraging them.
RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Walk humbly with the Lord in constant submittal to His will.
Seek out and know our students and ensure that ministry happens beyond the campus of Grace by being present and involved – maintain touch points, break bread at school campuses, cheer them on at sporting events, provide pastoral care when necessary, etc.
Lead discipleship and spiritual formation activities including establishing and maintaining a multi-year curriculum, teach at ministry events and equip and support volunteers.
Design and conduct various programing activities that create community and impact students’ faith journey, not an exhaustive list but examples include Sunday School, Crowded House, Confirmation, mission opportunities, retreats and mission trips.
Recruit, train, and support volunteers by providing ongoing orientation and training.
Implement the communication strategy to keep students, parents and leaders informed.
Serve as a staff resource to Grace School by assisting with weekly Chapel worship.
Responsible for various administrative tasks including budgets, ministry roster, etc.
Maintain relationships with Children’s Ministry, Grace Staff and Student Ministries Team.
Walking faithfully with the Lord.
The name of our church is Grace; therefore, one must exhibit abundant grace.
1+ years working with students.
OUR COMMITTMENT: It’s a huge job! But find confidence in knowing that the Grace family is committed to covering you in prayer as God equips YOU to make a huge impact.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: We look forward to getting to know you – submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church, in Mooresville, Indiana, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the specialized role of Youth Ministry Leader.
Located in a small-town suburb southwest of Indianapolis, FUMC has a reputation for being mission focused and offering Spirit filled worship. We serve a congregation of 500 members with an average worship attendance of nearly 400 across three Sunday morning services.
This individual will develop and lead, in partnership with the Senior Pastor, our youth ministry program consisting of grades 5-12. We seek a spiritually mature, biblical, and prayerful Christian gifted in leadership to bring encouragement and vision for this ministry and the church as a whole. Areas of focus include relationship building, discipleship and service/missions. Prior youth ministry leadership experience is desired. This is a part time position with the possibility to expand to full time employment based on qualifications and experience.
· You are called to youth ministry, love people, and have a heart for evangelism and outreach
· You live your life for Christ
· You are passionate about equipping others for ministry
· You are fun to be around
· You can relate to youth and they can relate to you
• Introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and train them in serving Christ
• Develop and execute a balanced and engaging youth ministry
• Recruit and train volunteers to work in all aspects of youth ministry
• Provide opportunities for youth and their families to be directly involved in missions and ministry
• Provide opportunities for youth to attend special mission, praise, and worship events
• Develop evangelical outreach to surrounding schools by attending student activities as available (i.e. sporting games, band competitions, choir performances, lunches)
• Participate in regular worship as well as assist with worship, scripture interpretations, preaching and teaching as needed.
If this position is for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim at email@example.com
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Memphis Theological Seminary
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
Proof of insurance
Complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 1
Email Dea Wathen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
The Young Life Spiritual Leader (Full-Time) is responsible for developing and directing a Young Life Ministry for the youth in the residential community at Rawhide Youth Services. This person will lead spiritual activities and provide support and care to the residential clients, as well as supporting the spiritual activities for the staff at Rawhide. This person reports to the Director, Residential Services at Rawhide while collaborating with the Young Life Regional Director, Wisconsin.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum 1 Year of successful experience working in Residential Care with at-risk youth
- Prior experience working with Young Life preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries/Therapeutic Recreation/Behavioral Sciences or the relevant equivalent
- Able to articulate and evidence Christian doctrine and ethics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with clients for informal contacts and visit the residential units regularly, including mealtimes and activities
- Effectively steward budget. Track spending and allocate resources with fiduciary.
- Lead after-school programs.
- Explore options for “external” volunteer engagement, vetted through Human Resources and DCF Chapter 52 guidelines.
- Participate in Young Life Staff trainings and certifications.
- Contribute and participate in Youth Services meetings and Youth Advisory committee.
- Lend support to Rawhide weekly Fellowship meeting
- Track data and deliverables in alignment with goals established by Director of Residential Services
Brief Explanation of our Expectations for the Youth Pastor Position:
-Actively train youth in what it means to have a relationship with Jesus and how to develop a Biblical worldview.
-Equip our youth with the Biblical knowledge and skills to critically consider and challenge worldviews contrary to the Bible.
-In partnership with the elder board, establish and execute a vision for the High School and Middle School ministry that is consistent with the church’s vision.
-Utilize our churches resources to create a sense of belonging and social gathering for the youth of our community.
-Establish and maintain a youth discipleship program.
-Be responsible for youth ministry volunteers.
-Plan special events for youth.
-Report monthly to the elder board.
-Be present at weekend services for prayer and counsel when not engaged in other aspects of ministry.
-Be available for counsel and prayer with youth and families throughout the week.
-Create a High School Student Leadership team.
Job Title: Family Pastor
Manager/Direct Report: Lead Pastor
I. Summary of the position: To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the next generation, parents, and ministry teams of Bethel Church. The Family Pastor will manage the church-wide direction of the Bethel Kids, the Bethel Youth Group Students, and all of the Volunteers associated with these two ministries. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Bethel Kids, Bethel Students, and the Volunteers in these two ministries.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
• 3-5 years’ experience leading in children’s ministry, youth ministry, or both is encouraged but not required
• Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means at various ages.
• Leadership background and experience serving with kids & students.
• Proven ability to lead staff and Serve Teams.
• Service Project and Mission Project management experience.
• Ability to articulate and implement the vision of Bethel Church.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people.
• Solid theological grounding and ability to fully implement the Wesleyan Doctrine.
• Positive attitude and a positive approach to problem-solving. Training in conflict resolution.
• Computer competency in Planning Center, Microsoft Office, Google Drive Suite, Excel, etc.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and the pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develop and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures throughout Bethel Church, as well as enforcing compliance.
• Formulate next-generation ministry facility standards for existing locations.
• Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids, students, and future special needs ministry leaders and Dream Team members (Volunteers).
• Work closely with ministry leaders at Bethel Church and analyze the effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
• Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of next-generation ministry for mid-week and weekend services.
• Recruit, develop, and train high-quality leaders for Dream team roles.
• Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
• Develop a healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday School and small-group experience.
• Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: budget forecasting, purchasing, departmental account tracking, and Human Resource needs.
IV. Responsible for staffing: interviewing process, recruitment of new volunteers, team training, team member reviews, Dream Team recruitment.
• Help develop and maintain all security standards.
• Track growth for future development.
• Oversee and develop the Ministry experience for all children and students.
• Oversee special event planning & Dream Team appreciation events.
• Oversee the quality of services and function.
• Fulfill pastoral duties: including counseling, baptism, communion, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care.
• Lead department meetings and empower team members to fulfill their unique roles
• Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the Bethel Church Family Ministry Department.
• Maintain strong communication and relationship with the Lead Pastor to ensure the vision of the Lead Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
• Positive attitude
• Heart of a servant
• Be a team player
• Must share the vision of Bethel Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
• Strong work ethic
VI. The extent of Public Contact:
• Daily contact with students and leaders
• Bethel Church Pastors, Deacons, Stewards, and staff members
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
The Youth Ministry leader position is a called, but not ordained position. A college degree and two-five years of church ministry experience is preferred. The position encompasses the duties and responsibilities of administering and leading the Youth Ministry program for Grace Presbyterian Church. The position is expected to work alongside the other members of the Family Ministries Team and follow their vision and goals. Youth Ministry is defined as 6th- 12th grade students and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, organizes and leads the programs and events in Youth Ministry, specifically: weekly High School & Middle School Programming, Sunday School, Small Groups, Youth Group and other activities, as well as retreats and trips.
Teaches in a manner consistent with the Reformed tradition
Recruits, organizes and leads the Small Group Leader adults, chaperones and other youth volunteers. Trains volunteers in partnership with the Children’s Director and Family Ministries Director
Send questions and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We, at Zarephath Christian Church in Flemington New Jersey, are excited to have the opportunity to bring a youth minister on board to pour the love of Jesus into and to disciple our young people. We are looking for a stellar person, who loves Jesus, our young people and our church to work alongside our lead pastor. To learn more about our church, check out zccflemington.org. If you have further questions regarding the position, you may contact Pastor Jamie at 908 256 1890 or email@example.com. Interested potential candidates can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description October 2019
Job Title: Youth Minister
Time: Part Time – 25-30 hours (Non-Exempt)
Department: Zarephath Christian Church, Flemington
The Youth Minister is responsible for creating, overseeing, and implementing a multi-faceted, comprehensive plan to disciple students to trust God, find purpose and make impact. The Youth Minister will reach out to, disciple and equip students in congruence with the goals of our church and in cooperation and collaboration with the lead pastor and core team.
ZCC Flemington Pastor
The ideal candidate will have a 4 year college degree with emphasis on Christian education and youth. At a minimum the candidate will have a High School diploma and is pursuing higher education in the area of Christian education with focus on working with students; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities as shown below.
A Christian of good reputation and credibility (1 Tim. 3:1-7)
Demonstrates the fruit of a calling from God and a heart willing to serve (Eph. 4:11-16)
Manifests the gifts of the Spirit that are relevant to this service (Acts 20:20-32)
Understands and embraces the mission, goals and doctrine of the church.
One who maintains a personal plan for a growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
Self-starter with ability to work independently in a disciplined and organized manner
Highly relational (caring and personable) with effective communication skills (interpersonal and group)
Demonstrates passion and long term vision for youth ministry with ability to draw others to it
Demonstrates innovative and creative approach to ministry
Demonstrates a desire to share the life of Jesus with students and their parents & see them engage in their faith
Youth Minister Job Description Continued:
Knowledge of and ability to communicate the scriptures in an engaging, compassionate and compelling way, Biblical education is preferred
Team-oriented with ability to work with volunteers, members and staff to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring and teaching
Demonstrates leadership qualities and attitude in line with the teachings of Christ
Leading or a member of a team oriented staff, preferably in a church or ministry environment where the primary focus was students
Previous involvement with church or ministry based volunteer programs
Strong communication (verbal and written), people and organizational skills
Self-starter with ability to work independently in a disciplined manner
Thorough understanding and ability to utilize social media and other electronic forms of communication
Proficient with use of computer and other office productivity tools
Is able to function well under pressure and in stressful situations
Able to handle appropriate items and tasks with confidentiality
Oversee and coordinate ZCCF’s youth ministry
Design and examine curriculum for all youth programs and classes
Recruit and equip student ministry volunteer team
Lead middle and high school students by encouraging, discipling and equipping them
Develop positive relationships with leadership team, students and their parents
Plan and organize weekly Youth Ministry and Sunday class for students
Plan and develop special events – including retreat and mission trip
Meet weekly with Pastor for prayer, connection, planning and mentoring
Meet weekly or biweekly with particular students for discipleship
Attend Sunday ZCCF services to worship and for relationship building
Attend monthly core team meetings
Assist lead pastor in leading the Sunday Worship Experience
Assist lead pastor in leading church wide ministry events
Assist lead pastor in regularly connecting with adults in the church
Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned
Pleasant, professional environment
Regular and ongoing interaction with Pastoral Staff, Ministry Leaders, or visitors.
Youth Minister Job Description Continued:
25% of time spent sitting (includes using a computer and telephone), 75% of the time standing and walking.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest with resume attached to email@example.com
We are a contemporary SBC church looking for our next youth pastor. We are looking for someone with at least a 4 year degree and 3-5 years experience. The candidate needs to have the ability to plan and organize trips well in advance and keep up with the fast paced ministry of our church. With a first-class facility including a cafe and gym, Gulf to Lake is looking for their next Youth Pastor to continue building a ministry focused on missions and discipleship. We are looking for someone who can play an instrument on our adult praise band as well as lead a youth praise band. Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time Youth Director position
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about shepherding, equipping, and training middle and high school leaders (working with 6th-12th grades). A qualified candidate is one who loves God and His Word, is passionate about seeing leaders and teens grow in their walk with God and is professionally equipped to meet the needs of this position. To flourish in this role, the candidate should demonstrate humility and a teachable spirit, be a relationship builder, have experience in discipling adults and teens, know how to effectively plan and execute activities related to discipleship, and be passionate about fostering deep, heart transformation in leaders and youth.
Teaching & Facilitating: teach youth Sunday School, Sunday and Wednesday evening youth group; facilitate weekly middle school and high school youth groups (provide oversight for volunteers to lead where appropriate)
Discipleship: intentional integration into the lives of leaders who in turn integrate into the lives of students in order to facilitate a life-on-life atmosphere; build relationships with youth; disciple youth to live out the gospel.
Programming & Event Planning: includes planning regular weekly programing, recruiting/developing/leading volunteers, timely communication with youth and parents, planning and leading a summer mission/service trip and fall retreat, and other youth-related programing; ability to recruit, mentor, and manage teams of volunteers. Ability to facilitate programming and event planning cooperatively with volunteer leaders, and all other ministry areas.
A follower of Jesus, seeking to grow in relationship with Him
Commitment to the authority of Scripture and to living it out; full agreement with the beliefs of Calvary Church (attached)
Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Experience with teen discipleship, project/event planning, volunteer recruitment, training & supervision
Member/regular attender at Calvary Church
How to apply
For more information, we invite you to connect with Cisco Gonzalez: email@example.com