Information about YouthWorks
Are you looking for a job that develops your leadership skills, builds your resume, puts you in cross-cultural settings, and even pays you? YouthWorks is a Christian, nonprofit organization that provides Christ-centered mission trips for more than 20,000 teenagers and adult leaders in over 40 communities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Our staff has been creating mission trip experiences for teenagers and adult leaders for more than 25 years. We continue to hire college and post-college-age staff to be on the front lines leading this ministry on each of our sites. In the midst of managing around 70 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their relational and organizational skills, and deepen their faith. All of our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas.
Facilitate ministry experiences as you manage your mission site. Mentor and supervise 3-4 Site Coordinators. Assist with daily service and ministry projects. Manage finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Complete, submit, and mail weekly paperwork, or including finances, evaluations and other paperwork as specified. Oversee the safety of your mission site. Provide leadership for adult leaders and help them process their mission week as they experience it alongside their youth. Continue to develop, build and protect community relationships and partnerships within the community you serve.
• College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience
• Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
• Desire to serve the Church
• Able to relate to youth
• Model servant leadership
• Have a teachable spirit
• Previous leadership experience
• Ability to lead a team
• Management experience/ability
• Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
• Previous experience managing a budget is helpful but not required
Site Coordinator Positions
· Ministry Support Coordinator: Connect with youth on site. Support teammates in planned service projects. Coordinate cultural and relational activities for youth. Plan and facilitate evening worship, sharing, processing, and interaction with provided theme materials.
· Community Service Coordinator: Partner with service organizations. Implement service schedules provided by YouthWorks. Coordinate logistics and execute back-up plans when needed. Serve alongside youth.
· Kids Club Coordinator: Coordinate a daily Kids Club for children ages 5-10, with the help of youth and adult leader volunteers (create crafts, plan games, practice songs and implement the Kids Club curriculum provided by YouthWorks).
· Work Projects Coordinator: Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects. Partner with community members, set up and complete projects, and manage crews of youth and their adult leaders throughout the day.
· Utility Support Coordinator: May begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position. Equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams.
· At least one year out of high school
· Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
· Able to handle responsibility
· Leadership experience
· Value youth
· Passionate about serving
· See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
Site Director: $4,250 + food/gas/housing
Site Coordinator: $2,750 + food/gas/housing
The dates for full-summer employment are May 25-August 7, 2019.