Bay Presbyterian Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries.
Bay Presbyterian (EPC) Church seeks a Student Ministries Director passionate about middle and high school students and eager to go outside of the church building to engage relationally with students not connected to any community of faith.
This historically-strong youth ministry seeks to continue its reputation of introducing students to a relationship with Jesus, nurturing faith in the students of attending families at BPC and developing future leaders for the church and the community.
BPC is seeking a Student Ministries Director that feels deeply called to ministering to middle- and high school aged students in their neighborhood. A gift for relational evangelism and outreach and energizing others toward evangelism is important for this role. The ideal leader will have experience developing engaging youth discipleship programs and energy both to sustain and innovate based on emerging needs of the youth in Bay Village.
As a key team member on a talented staff, BPC is looking for someone that is eager to discover ways to integrate student ministry into the day-to-day life of the church. The ideal candidate has experience working across a breadth of stake holders and has a vision for a vibrant multi-generational community of faith.
- Develop and Execute strategy for Discipleship Evangelism across student ministry department
- Provide executive leadership for student ministries department including full-time staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Actively engage in evangelism and discipleship relationships outside the walls of the church (contact work with students)
- Lead dynamic discipleship and evangelism programming on Sundays and Midweek
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to facilitate small groups, participate in regular programming and share Jesus with all students in the local community
- Collaborate with Discipleship and Family Ministry personnel to build trusting relationships with parents and caregivers
- Introduce students to scripture and equip them to follow Jesus
- Serve as the primary leader of either middle school or high school student programming and help facilitate the other student program.
- Preach occasionally to the congregation in Sunday worship
- Build relationships with the congregation through regular presence and participation in Sunday worship services
For more information about this role, view the full job description here, or contact the recruiter overseeing this search Ryan Church at Ryan@agorasearchgroup.com
St. John’s United Methodist Church in Winter Haven, FL is seeking a full-time Director of Youth and Recreational Ministries. St. John’s is a mission-oriented church which is intentionally seeking to grow together by creating a church for all generations.
This position will develop and lead all ministries toward young people for students in Grades 6-12 and lead our Upward Sports outreach. The ideal candidate will actively recruit, equip and appreciate a group of volunteers in order to grow these ministry opportunities.
Currently the youth ministries have gatherings for study, prayer and fellowship on Wednesday evenings. In the spring, we have a 10-week, indoor soccer league for children ages 3 – 11. Additionally, during the summer, the youth ministry participates in camps and activities at MOUNTAIN T.O.P. and the Riverside Camp and Retreat Center.
The ideal candidate will have a growing relationship with Christ, good interpersonal skills, an acceptance of the Wesleyan/Methodist theological view of grace, and a strong desire to lead the youth and recreational ministries, which have a great foundation upon which to build.
This position includes salary, pension benefits, continuing education funds, and generous vacation and holiday time. An Associate’s Degree or higher is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is ideal. We are open to entry-level candidates who are teachable in spirit.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact the Youth Director Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for the greatest results. We value professionalism from our staff and excellence in our stewardship.
We are currently doing incarnational ministry with teens at many military installations around the world. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military program, known as Club Beyond, at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with military culture is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation and the chapel community.
Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
Work well in an environment that sees (due to high military operational tempo) a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains and volunteers.
Be respectful of and embrace a community that is deeply influenced by a military culture.
A deep love for Christ and for lost teens.
Passion for people and to work well with them.
Willingness to make a three-year commitment.
Minimum of three years’ youth ministry experience preferred.
College degree preferred.
Willingness to raise part of salary through personal support.
Information about YouthWorks
Are you looking for a job that develops your leadership skills, builds your resume, puts you in cross-cultural settings, and even pays you? YouthWorks is a Christian, nonprofit organization that provides Christ-centered mission trips for more than 20,000 teenagers and adult leaders in over 40 communities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Our staff has been creating mission trip experiences for teenagers and adult leaders for more than 25 years. We continue to hire college and post-college-age staff to be on the front lines leading this ministry on each of our sites. In the midst of managing around 70 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their relational and organizational skills, and deepen their faith. All of our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas.
Facilitate ministry experiences as you manage your mission site. Mentor and supervise 3-4 Site Coordinators. Assist with daily service and ministry projects. Manage finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Complete, submit, and mail weekly paperwork, or including finances, evaluations and other paperwork as specified. Oversee the safety of your mission site. Provide leadership for adult leaders and help them process their mission week as they experience it alongside their youth. Continue to develop, build and protect community relationships and partnerships within the community you serve.
• College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience
• Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
• Desire to serve the Church
• Able to relate to youth
• Model servant leadership
• Have a teachable spirit
• Previous leadership experience
• Ability to lead a team
• Management experience/ability
• Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
• Previous experience managing a budget is helpful but not required
Site Coordinator Positions
· Ministry Support Coordinator: Connect with youth on site. Support teammates in planned service projects. Coordinate cultural and relational activities for youth. Plan and facilitate evening worship, sharing, processing, and interaction with provided theme materials.
· Community Service Coordinator: Partner with service organizations. Implement service schedules provided by YouthWorks. Coordinate logistics and execute back-up plans when needed. Serve alongside youth.
· Kids Club Coordinator: Coordinate a daily Kids Club for children ages 5-10, with the help of youth and adult leader volunteers (create crafts, plan games, practice songs and implement the Kids Club curriculum provided by YouthWorks).
· Work Projects Coordinator: Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects. Partner with community members, set up and complete projects, and manage crews of youth and their adult leaders throughout the day.
· Utility Support Coordinator: May begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position. Equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams.
· At least one year out of high school
· Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
· Able to handle responsibility
· Leadership experience
· Value youth
· Passionate about serving
· See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
Site Director: $4,250 + food/gas/housing
Site Coordinator: $2,750 + food/gas/housing
The dates for full-summer employment are May 25-August 7, 2019.
Here’s a bit about who we are:
Our Community: We are based out of Marysville, Ohio (Northwest of Columbus by 30 minutes)! Our town has many companies like Honda, Scotts/Miracle Grow, Nestle, and many other smaller companies. The community is growing very fast and lots of families are not connected with a church.
Our Church: Our church dates back to the early 1820s. We average about 400-450 in weekly church attendance. We have traditional and contemporary worship. We have a large building with a full gym, many classrooms, and a sanctuary. Check out our church website: www.marysvillefumc.org.
Youth & Children’s Ministry: our 7th-12th grade (Quake) ministry averages 50-70 and our 5th/6th grade (Outbreak) ministry averages around 20. Our children’s program has about 40-50 on a Sunday morning for Sunday School (3-6th grade) and 20-30 for Children’s Church (3yrs old to 4th grade). Check out our youth website: www.quakeyouth.org
Resume and questionnaire is due by April 30, 2019!