Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (email@example.com)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Waters Edge Church has grown from 50 people to a church of thousands because we do church differently. We don’t do what’s expected or, for that matter, what’s accepted. The music is loud. The message is bold. We do whatever it takes to connect people to God. We are a multi-site church and have three campuses in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Yorktown, Newport News, and Williamsburg). We are laser-focused on reaching those who are far from God and want to change the way people think about church!
We’re currently looking for a new full-time staff member to join our Director Team in the position of Student Director. If you’re a natural born leader with previous management experience and would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, this position might be for you!
This is a central position that oversees multiple staff and hundreds of students across three campuses. This position also has a seat on our Lead Team centrally. It’s a great position, and an even better place to live.
Desired Skills: Are You…
• Comfortable painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action?
• Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward?
• Consistently meeting and exceeding expectations, even under the toughest of circumstances?
• Known for building strong relationships and delivering customer-focused solutions?
• A leader that directs, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done?
• A developer of confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity?
• An effective communicator, both in oral and written forms, while understanding the unique needs of different audiences?
• Capable of rebounding quickly from setbacks and adversity even when facing difficult situations?
• Effective at managing the resources you’re given, while embodying the value of excellence?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Carrying out the vision of Waters Edge Students to all WEC campuses under the direct leadership of the Executive Director of Ministries.
• Supervising and coaching campus student staff to ensure students have a place to connect, be cared for, and grow spiritually.
• Responsible for all student programming including curriculum, resources, small groups, events, and Student Camp.
• Providing campuses with weekly content for communication, website, and media.
• Evaluating all student environments across campuses to guarantee consistency and culture.
• Developing the strategy to train all student volunteers.
• Provided opportunities to speak to students at events and camp.
• Overseeing student budget dollars and resources to maximize potential for ministry.
• Creating communication to students and parents on social media.
• Expected to be a team player working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members.
• Required to work all Sundays, Wednesday nights, holiday experiences, and other events outside of normal working hours (Team Trainings and Special Events).
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! To apply, you must visit our jobs page and complete our questionnaire at watersedgechurch.net/jobs. Any other submissions through this site will not be accepted.
Bidwell Presbyterian Church in Chico, California seeks a Youth Director to provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th – 12th grade) ministry. The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through its Personnel and Youth Ministries Support Team. This is a full-time position with benefits.
1. Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
2. Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
3. Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church’s purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement, and core values.
4. A clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
5. Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
6. Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
7. A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
8. Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
9. Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management, and program coordination.
10. Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and writing.
11. Possesses excellent relational skills with the ability to build in-depth relationships with youth and adult volunteers.
12. Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience while actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
13. Ability to utilize modern communication technologies.
1. Ability to play an instrument, such as a guitar or piano to lead informal singing.
2. Experience in working with ministry teams.
3. Seminary degree or other academic training appropriate for this position
Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
Collaboration with staff, elder and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th-grade students.
Recruit, equip and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
· Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
· Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each subprogram. This includes the following programs and activities:
o Mid-week programs
o Small-group Bible studies
o Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
1. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
3. Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
Northlake Community Church (www.northlakeonline.org) is located in Bellingham, WA in the upper northwest corner of Washington State. Located just over an hour north of the Seattle metro area, Bellingham offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike trails, golf courses, and so much more. Bellingham is home to about 90,000 people which keeps it feeling like a small and big community at the same time. Bellingham residents love the easy access to the outdoors, laid back and easy going community, and close access to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
As a church, Northlake has been around since 1952. What originally started as a women’s bible study quickly grew into a large group of believers who wanted to do life together as a church. Today, Northlake is home to about 425 weekly attenders that make up a multi-generational, non-denominational church. Located just up the street from Squalicum High School, Northlake sits in a friendly neighborhood and is in a prime location to reach the hundreds of families that surround it.
The Student Ministries Position:
The role we’re seeking to hire is a Student Ministries Pastor or Director who would be responsible for the leadership and spiritual development of the middle school and high school students connected with Northlake Community Church. Currently our student ministry serves about 50 students during our Sunday services and 30 throughout the week in small groups. Northlake’s student ministry has an excellent and long standing reputation in the Bellingham community. Our hope is to continue that reputation as we seek to lead the next generation to know Jesus and fully live the life God has for them. Being that our current Student Ministries Pastor will remain at Northlake to transition to an Associate Pastor role, we’re searching for a suitable replacement to continue to help our students and families thrive.
What You’ll Need To Succeed In This Position:
- A passion for following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
- A passion for middle school and high school students.
- A grander vision for how student ministries help build up a church.
- A love for working on a team.
- To be self-motivated, teachable, a great problem solver, and have a positive overall attitude.
- To be real and authentic – not skipping over the tough parts of life but pressing into them.
- A genuine love for spending time with students.
- A heart for the lost (especially within the unchurched setting of the Northwest).
- Experience serving and leading in student ministries.
- The ability to bring God’s word to life in a real and practical way.
This is a full-time exempt position that will require 40+ hours of work a week.
Starting salary range is from $40,000-$55,000 depending on education and experience.
Northlake provides exceptional benefits including:
- Health insurance for your entire family
- Retirement fund employer matching program
- Funds to cover a portion of moving expenses.
See Full Job Posting By Clicking Here
Overview: The Associate Director of Student Ministry is responsible for working alongside the Director of Student Ministry in carrying out the mission of discipling middle school and high school students (with a particular focus on young women) in a way that connects them with Christ and builds lifelong faith. This person will bring leadership in the coordination and implementation of the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
Specific Duties include:
1. Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Ministry with a commitment to fulfill the vision and goals for the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
2. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to plan and oversee various programs, events, and gatherings throughout the year. This can include being in charge of or helping with budgeting, gathering supplies, coordinating space and people, monitoring registration, communicating with parents and volunteers, teaching lessons, planning games, and promoting sign ups.
3. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to coordinate and recruit volunteers for the student ministry.
4. Take care of day-to-day administrative work which can include calendaring and scheduling, monitoring and handling payments and sign ups, occasional clerical duties, planning and preparing curriculum, and communication with parents and students.
5. Help attend to female specific ministry needs and be ready to have conversations with and mentor both parents and students as it relates to Christ and their faith.
6. Assist in the running of various social media accounts and posting relevant news and pictures to said accounts.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministry.
8. Most importantly connect with students and parents, build relationships, and be looking to constantly point people towards and push people closer to Christ.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a heart for students and children, willingness to be flexible and open to God’s call for you and this ministry.
All interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries
Christ Community Church (Brockport, NY, west of Rochester) is looking to hire a full-time time individual who has a heart for youth. This person will primarily work with our college ministry, B.A.S.I.C. (Brothers and Sisters in Christ), our senior high and junior high youth groups. He or she will work with our current group of volunteers to establish thriving and growing ministries. He or she will organize weekly meetings, prepare various teachings, and strategically build a leadership team. This individual will attend leadership conferences, bring youth to our regional community outreach (Flower City Work Camp), and establish an annual missions trip for our youth.
Christ Community Church is directly across the street from Brockport Central Schools where there are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school of roughly 1300 students; we are looking for someone who can evangelize to this group of youth. We are also a five minute walk to The College at Brockport, where B.A.S.I.C. has been ministering successfully for over 20 years! Our church believes that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today. We believe in speaking in tongues. We believe in prophetic gifts. Our worship is contemporary and lively. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with the Spirit-led foundation of a non-denominational church and has a heart to actively reach the youth in our community for Jesus.
Bible School education and/or experience in leading a youth group ministry is required. Both is ideal.
Email email@example.com, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for a Director of Student Ministries (DSM) to provide vision and leadership who will engage the church’s staff, volunteers, and congregation in its ministry to students in junior high, high school, and college. The DSM will lead students within our church and community at large into a personal relationship with Christ and build strong relationships with one another so that our youth might be beacons of Christ in the world. The DSM will report directly to CPC’s Pastors, Elders, and Church Education Committee. This is a full-time position.
Applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. The DSM may pursue additional academic education concurrent with this ministry.
- Ongoing continuing education opportunities will be required.
- Overseeing, developing, and implementing a comprehensive Student Ministries program for students grades 6 – 12.
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ through instructional and relational ministry at CPC.
- Preparing and nurturing CPC’s youth for challenges they will face in young adulthood while instilling in them a solid foundation of their identity in Christ and developing their unique God-given spiritual gifts and talents.
- Incorporating CPC’s youth into the life, ministry, and service of the church.
- Leading and organizing effective youth programs that consist of worship, Biblical teaching, discipleship, fellowship, and community outreach.
- Identifying, planning, and executing local, regional, and global mission opportunities.
- Providing care and spiritual direction to students, both individually and in groups.
- Recruiting and training volunteers to work with youth in all aspects of CPC’s Student Ministries, ensuring adequate volunteer support and reasonable adult to youth ratios.
- Engaging and equipping parents with relevant information, keeping them informed of ongoing church activities, youth ministry strategies, and future plans in such a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of the CPC Student Ministries’ budget while managing costs for events and trips in a timely, cost effective, and organized manner.
- Staying current with youth ministry practices and trends.
- Teaching, developing, and coordinating youth Sunday School curriculum and recruiting additional teachers as necessary.
- Ensuring that the CPC’s Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings and that all volunteers are vetted according to the policy.
- Supporting CPC’s youth at school and other events outside of the church.
- Candidate must be Reformed and Evangelical possessing a passion for Christ and His Gospel, a love for youth ministry, a humble spirit, and a vibrant prayer and devotional life.
- Candidate must demonstrate a gift for teaching the Bible effectively to youth in both small and large group settings, be capabale of articulating a vision for CPC’s Student Ministries and guiding the spiritual development of our students, lead interns and volunteers spiritually and professionally, exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker, and possess previous experience as a role model, leader, teacher, or mentor of youth in a Christian environment.
- Candidate must be relationship oriented with a high degree of personal integrity, possess strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), demonstrate sound judgement and emotional intelligence, and exhibit personal financial stability.
406 Randolph Ave
Huntsville, AL 35801
For more on Huntsville visit- www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM7VY9-RuQ
Unique opportunity to do ecumenical youth ministry: For 17 years, the community of Platte, SD has done ecumenical youth ministry together with dedicated volunteers. Now we are taking it to the next level by hiring a full-time pastor to lead this effort.
The youth group encompasses the whole community and consists of 150 students split between senior high and junior high youth groups. You will be assisted by 16 mentors for the senior high, 20 mentors for the junior high, and a community youth board. You will receive outstanding support from the local churches (Reformed, Christian Reformed, Lutheran, Baptist, Non-denominational, Presbyterian, Methodist, and Catholic) and the community.
Platte, South Dakota is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It is a strong, rural community that experiences high levels of tourism due to its location near the Missouri River. There are many opportunities to hunt, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors.
Interested parties are urged to request a job description or send their resume to email@example.com. Ordination is preferred, but not required. All applicants should have at least five years of youth ministry experience. Applications must be received by April 15 to be considered for this position.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Avenue United Methodist Church in Milford Delaware serves a dynamic congregation of 375 each week. Avenue has an incredible opportunity for a passionate, spirit filled Pastor of Student Ministries to provide Christ-centered, Biblically-based, loving environment for the Student Ministries Program(s). The current student ministry program is thriving and we’re looking for the right leader to expand it even further.
Avenue Church is located minutes from the beautiful Delaware beaches in central Delaware.
- Spiritually mature Christian with an active faith life and genuine passion for being a disciple of Jesus Christ.
College graduate preferred and/or equivalent work experience in youth ministry.
Knowledge of this generation’s culture and ability to utilize this understanding in ministry.
Must be physically able to participate in youth activities.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- The full job description is available on the Avenue United Methodist Church website: https://avenueumc.com/
Hours per week: 30
- $30,000 annually.
- Housing available upon request.
- Expense Account.
- $10,000 operating budget.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR vial mail
Avenue United Methodist Church
20 North Church Street
Milford, DE 19963
Attn: Greg J. Abbott, SPRC Chair
Accepting applications until the position is filled.
Youth Director Needed:
Bandera United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for its Youth Director. BUMC is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country just 30 minutes from San Antonio. BUMC is a thriving congregation actively growing in mission and ministry with approximately 250 regular congregants and 30-40 weekly high school and middle school youth group attendees. BUMC seeks creative ways to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation the world.
Applicants should have knowledge of current youth culture and ministry trends. BUMC seeks to expand established youth programs with specific emphasis on mission and community outreach. BUMC also partners with local youth organizations and maintains a strong relationship with the Bandera schools. This allows it to work closely with each to create a safe and welcoming environment for community youth. The successful applicant will enjoy working with youth, be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills and attention to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, be at least 25 years old and have at least one to two years’ experience working with youth. Musical ability a plus.
This full-time position offers a salary package between $24,000-$28,000 annually with an additional health insurance reimbursement stipend. Three bedroom home/parsonage provided.
For detailed job description, please visit http://banderaumc.org/about-us/employment-opportunities
Call church office at 830-796-3849 or reply via email to email@example.com to apply.