Bay Presbyterian Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries.
Bay Presbyterian (EPC) Church seeks a Student Ministries Director passionate about middle and high school students and eager to go outside of the church building to engage relationally with students not connected to any community of faith.
This historically-strong youth ministry seeks to continue its reputation of introducing students to a relationship with Jesus, nurturing faith in the students of attending families at BPC and developing future leaders for the church and the community.
BPC is seeking a Student Ministries Director that feels deeply called to ministering to middle- and high school aged students in their neighborhood. A gift for relational evangelism and outreach and energizing others toward evangelism is important for this role. The ideal leader will have experience developing engaging youth discipleship programs and energy both to sustain and innovate based on emerging needs of the youth in Bay Village.
As a key team member on a talented staff, BPC is looking for someone that is eager to discover ways to integrate student ministry into the day-to-day life of the church. The ideal candidate has experience working across a breadth of stake holders and has a vision for a vibrant multi-generational community of faith.
- Develop and Execute strategy for Discipleship Evangelism across student ministry department
- Provide executive leadership for student ministries department including full-time staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Actively engage in evangelism and discipleship relationships outside the walls of the church (contact work with students)
- Lead dynamic discipleship and evangelism programming on Sundays and Midweek
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to facilitate small groups, participate in regular programming and share Jesus with all students in the local community
- Collaborate with Discipleship and Family Ministry personnel to build trusting relationships with parents and caregivers
- Introduce students to scripture and equip them to follow Jesus
- Serve as the primary leader of either middle school or high school student programming and help facilitate the other student program.
- Preach occasionally to the congregation in Sunday worship
- Build relationships with the congregation through regular presence and participation in Sunday worship services
For more information about this role, view the full job description here, or contact the recruiter overseeing this search Ryan Church at Ryan@agorasearchgroup.com
St. Peter’s United Methodist Church of Wellington FL is looking for a youth director for their 6th-12th-grade students. St. Peter’s youth is an active youth program in a family oriented community. St. Peter’s Youth Program offers youth the opportunity to lead in Worship and other areas of the church. Our youth are excited and eager to help on mission trips and complete service projects in the community.
The youth director will be responsible for recruiting volunteers, planning events and programs, coordinating the annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser, planning youth group each Sunday evening, and maintaining relationships with the youth and their families.
The youth director should possess good communication skills, organizational skills, be a team player, be compassionate and loving, love the Lord and youth, and creative.
Life Christian Church is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate for our Youth Ministries Pastor position.
This is a full-time position. Compensation 55k-65k plus compensation package (healthcare, 401k matching funds, additional $1,000 per year towards continued education, 2 weeks paid vacation, moving expenses)
-Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, positive example of Christian living.
-Above average knowledge of the Bible and the ability to make connections between its truths and topics relevant to our youth.
-Become a member of our Life Christian Church and support of the principles and beliefs.
– College degree in ministry related field is required.
GOALS FOR THE YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of our youth program is to provide opportunities for each of our students for Christ.
-The individual selected for this role will provide opportunities for youth to Know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
-Planning, organizing, and leading high school, middle school youth groups and young adults.
-Coordinating special events
-Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
-Maintaining the program’s social media pages.
-Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Senior Pastor.
ABOUT LIFE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
To find out more, visit our website www.MyLifeChristianChurch.org If interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume to Pastor Shane Womack at: email@example.com
Are you looking to impact the next generation for Jesus? At HMBC we believe the role of youth pastor is extremely important to engage and empower our young people to influence the church and world in the present and the future. This person is first a minister to the Jr High and High School age kids at our church and is working to equip and encourage them to be change agents in our community. The youth pastor will work with our students to use their spiritual gifts to impact the body of Christ and to reach out to the lost in our schools.
This person will work closely with our pastoral team and church leaders to put flesh and bones on our mission statement “to help people find faith in Christ and to develop Christ-like people”. We value teamwork and integration of ministries as much as possible. We also are building a small group discipleship program and would want the youth to be a part of that vision as well.
To be responsible for the development and oversight of all HMBC ministries to junior and senior high youth and their families, with the goal of helping them find faith in Christ and developing them into Christ-like people.
1. One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
2. One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (preferably in youth ministry or Christian Education), who has experience in leading junior and senior high youth ministry, who has adequate administrative skills, and a personal life congruent with the biblical mandate for leaders (I Timothy 3:1-7).
3. One who has good chemistry with the Lead Pastor and the rest of the HMBC staff.
4. One who is gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and who has a passion for helping students find faith in Christ and developing Christ-like students.
5. An engaging teacher and personality, with a strong Biblical and theological background, and who is in agreement with the HMBC statement of faith, mission, vision, and values.
6. A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students and parents.
7. One who is committed to excellence as a means to worship God.
1. Develop and implement a strategic ministry plan for youth that is consistent with the vision, mission and values of HMBC.
2. Develop and implement an organizational structure within youth ministry that functions to carry out the strategic ministry plan.
3. Recruit and develop leaders to strengthen ministries.
4. Maintain consistent contact with parents and youth, keeping them well informed of ongoing activities.
5. Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship and evangelism.
6. Be personally involved in developing relationships with all church youth and reaching out to the unchurched and unsaved youth in our community.
7. Design a ministry that provides counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
8. Support and equip HMBC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles
9. Assist in the development and oversight of youth ministry budgets and ongoing financial activities.
10. Facilitate the incorporation of the youth into the larger church family.
11. Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
12. Participate in other ministry as requested. (Worship Service, Special Events, Pastoral Care, etc.)
13. Participate in MB youth activities on a district and national level.
14. Participate in community youth activities and work together with area youth pastors as appropriate.
1. Serve as a non-voting member of the Spiritual Life Ministries Board.
2. Serve as a staff representative at Church Council.
3. Set yearly action plans and goals that are focused on accomplishing the strategic ministry plan for youth ministry.
4. Present monthly ministry reports to the Spiritual Life Ministries Board and Church Council.
5. Meet as determined with the Lead Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight.
6. Attend staff meetings on a weekly basis.
7. Attend worship services on a weekly basis.
8. Participate in job performance reviews every 2 years.
9. Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
10. Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE CHURCH AND CITY:
Hillsboro MB Church is a thriving friendly congregation of Christ-followers. We are working to be a people who make disciples who make disciples. Our average attendance is 350, making us the largest fellowship in town. Our service is mostly contemporary with a mix of some traditional elements and hymns.
We are a Mennonite Brethren Church, which means we are people of the Book and believe strongly in congregational leadership and the power of community. Our lead pastor recently resigned to be a church planter, and we are excited about who God will bring next and what He will do in and through us in the future.
The city of Hillsboro is a hidden treasure in rural Kansas often characterized as a great place to raise kids. While the population is only 3000, we have solid schools, a Christian college (Tabor), some large businesses and 10 churches. If you ever wanted to live somewhere where community is valued and people know you when you go to the store, this is the place!
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, is searching for an Associate Pastor with an emphasis in Student Ministries for its Olathe Campus. The Olathe Campus was the second campus for Christ Community (now with five campuses) and currently engages around 1000 on Sunday mornings (total attendance at all sites is approximately 3000). The Associate Pastor will serve as a significant member of the campus pastoral team as well as be involved in church-wide leadership opportunities. If you are one who possesses a passion for middle school age groups, as well as one who is devoted to the discipleship and interaction with multiple generations, please visit our website for a full position description and application process.
About Student Ministries at the Olathe Campus
- Read our beliefs
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Patrick Largen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fill out our online questionnaire
For more information, contact:
Executive Pastor – Olathe Campus
20600 W 119th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Lifespring Community Church
Next Generations Pastor
CHURCH SIZE: 300
LOCATION: Canandaigua, NY (Finger Lakes Area)
SALARY RANGE: Full time position with excellent benefit package, salary dependent on experience (minimum salary $40,000)
We are excited to offer a great opportunity for a Next Generations Pastor at a growing church. This position will provide leadership for all student ministries (6th – 12th grade) and will have the opportunity to develop one’s own personal gifts in ministry. We are looking for a passionate person with fresh ideas and a desire to partner with parents to help create a long-lasting faith for our kids.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator capable of preaching regularly on Sunday mornings and a natural vision caster with a proven track record of developing leaders.
Our church’s mission is to “introduce people to Jesus and to follow Him together”. Our vision is to “help everyone engage in our mission through our outreach strategy and discipleship pathway. Our outreach strategy is pray for others, invest in their lives and invite them to follow Jesus. Our discipleship pathway is Worship – attend a Sunday gathering; Connect – build relationships; Serve – volunteer at Lifespring, Grow – read the Bible and pray; and Share – tell someone about Jesus.
Canandaigua, located in the Finger Lakes region of New York, provides a smaller town environment with Rochester, NY just 30 minutes away with easy access to many outdoor activities, theater, sports and farmer’s markets.
This is a great ministry environment that provides the freedom to develop, expand, and impact many lives. The church is casual, grace-based, practical, and intentional. This position offers a supportive and collaborative team to work with and the chance to work at a church that longs to create an environment that unchurched people want to attend.
• Direct and be responsible for the planning, organizing, promoting, evaluating, and continued growth of a comprehensive student ministry (6th – 12th grade). • Develop a teaching strategy for the year that promotes a clear pathway to spiritual growth and prepares our kids for life. • Live by the philosophy that parental involvement is essential in training students in spiritual maturity.
• Invest in the lives of students and parents in their environments. We want someone who desires to build influential relationships with the local schools in order to build a bridge from student’s everyday culture to the gospel. • Develop, mentor and shepherd adult and youth leadership teams to lead small groups in our student ministry context. • Oversee and administer the youth ministry budget. • Preach regularly on Sunday morning and work alongside the Lead Pastor in setting an annual preaching calendar. • Attend and participate in weekly Staff meetings. • Attend and participate in a small group. • Assist in Pastoral Duties such as visitation, personal/family counseling, weddings, funeral, etc. as needed.
• Four year Bible Degree from an accredited University or College • Experience in a growing youth ministry in which the candidate has worked in both small and large group situations • Will be a candidate who fulfills the exemplary moral character and ministry expectations of servant-leaders as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 • Mature, humble, growing believer, with a clear understanding of the Gospel • Strong leadership and organizational abilities; a self-starter who is always well prepared • Ability to recognize, recruit, and develop talented people • Excellent communication skills in preaching with an ability to clearly communicate the gospel to both a churched and unchurched audience • High energy, engaging, and relational leader who is humble and leads by serving • Dedicated team player who is committed to the success of the church’s mission
Lifespring is a growing church, in the past 3 years we have grown from 240 to 330. We are looking for a energetic and passionate person with fresh ideas to join a collaborative team that is willing to invest in and help him succeed and develop in ministry. To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Pursuit is a church that is passionate about helping people pursue Jesus and we are looking for a youth pastor who is passionate about doing the same. If you have at least 5 years of full time youth ministry experience with groups of 50 or more and you intend to spend the next 5-10+ years helping kids know Jesus, we’d love to chat with you! Please go to www.ThePursuit.org/jobs for our full job description and additional information. Resumes and covers letters can be sent to Lisa@thepursuit.org
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church and Wesley Foundation
Director of Youth Ministries Job Description
-Promote and execute the mission and vision of SPUMCWF through ministry with youth (6th – 12th grades)
-Implement SPUMCWF’s Discipleship Pathway into a youth ministry context
-Develop, implement and evaluate ministry goals related to youth ministry with supervisor (every 6 months)
-Attend continuing education events related to this position (at least 1 per year)
-Meet with supervisor monthly
-Multiply SPUMCWF’s youth ministry by regularly recruiting, equipping, and supervising servant leaders
-Lead through a team-based ministry approach
-Empower talented and gifted persons in all areas of youth ministry
-Provide spiritual and skill development for all youth ministry teams
-Oversee all teams related to youth ministry including worship; discipleship and education (Sunday school, bible studies, confirmation, etc.); events (programs, retreats, and special events); mission (service projects and fundraising); and counseling and mentoring
-Oversee youth ministry budget
-Establish and maintain up-to-date and accurate attendance/grouping info through the St. Paul’s Hub
-Work with supervisor and team to develop a youth curriculum
-Comply with Safe Sanctuaries Policy
-Oversee all youth communications including: youth’s section of church webpage, youth’s articles for church newsletter, parent/guardian contacts, social media, etc.
Applicant must possess a strong faith in Christ and a clear calling to youth ministry be a member that models standards and expectations of leadership within SPUMCWF including a personal devotional life, worship attendance, giving, serving/witnessing, small group participation, and a dedication to personal development and a healthy lifestyle.
Demonstrate strong sense of integrity, a positive attitude, and be spiritually mature and growing
Demonstrate leadership and teaching ability and express strong relational skills
Demonstrate proficiency in building and empowering teams and apprenticing leaders
Demonstrate strong knowledge of youth ministry as well as current literature and issues
Coordinate youth discipleship to coincide with youth and adult discipleship
Be creative, innovative and a team player
A bachelor’s degree
Ministry experience working with youth
Wesleyan theological education/training
Availability to begin by August, 2019
Our Mission is to form faithful followers of Jesus Christ for the transformation of
State College and the world.
Our Vision is to be followers of Jesus who are meeting others, making real relationships,
and moving into new expressions of love and service. (m³)
Warsaw Community Church, a 2000 attendee church in Northern Indiana, is seeking a full-time High School Pastor. WCC is a 25-year-old, non-denominational, contemporary church that has a great reputation in the Kosciusko County area.
Warsaw is a 15,000-person city, halfway between the cities of Fort Wayne and South Bend. Residents enjoy numerous area lakes, excellent schools, and many amenities of a large city, with opportunities for “getting away” in the small town feel of shops, parks, and greenways.
Applicants for the position of High School Pastor should be spiritually mature individuals with a proven record of effectiveness and experience in ministering to students and families inside and outside the church. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a measurable ability to connect with students, parents, volunteers, schools, other churches, and other community entities.
Specifically, we require applicants to have met these criteria: (click here for full job description)
– College degree (educational background in Christian ministry or education is a plus)
– 4 years of experience in ministry with a youth ministry of over 50 regular attendees
– Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with schools and community organizations
– Philosophy of ministry to students that is consistent with the vision and mission of WCC (which can be found at warsaw.cc/who)
– Demonstrated ability to recruit and train leaders and partner with parents for the work of ministry
We expect the High School Pastor to be a contributing member of the church and local community, leading by example in connecting students with the larger life of the church. They must be comfortable spending a significant amount of time working outside of the church developing relationships with families and community organizations. An ability to have a volunteer role at our local high school in order to connect with students is a strong advantage.
We expect the High School Pastor to be willing to be a student of the local culture and develop programming based on the goals of the ministry and the needs of families. The High School Pastor is expected to work in constant connection with the Director of Student Ministries and must be coachable, self-motivated, insightful, and collaborative. We work with students to facilitate the Lord’s development of a faith that will last beyond high school. The fulfillment of this vision will allow the High School Pastor to be creative, while working within established successful programming and under the direction of student ministry veterans.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Scott Nieveen – firstname.lastname@example.org after reviewing our church website at warsaw.cc. References and Statements of Faith are not necessary until later in the selection process. Candidates must be in agreement with our Vision, Mission, Beliefs, and Values (which can be found at warsaw.cc/who) and meet the requirements listed above and on the job description.
The Director of Middle School Ministry will help lead a holistic ministry for youth and their families. This will be done in alignment with Trinity Presbyterian Church’s Mission to Make God’s Love Visible, and Trinity Youth’s
core values of being relational, relevant, missional, and accessible. The scope of the job includes key leadership on all trips and events, relational engagement with youth and their families, creating safe and welcoming spaces to explore faith, helping to foster community through meaningful relationships both inside and outside the walls of the church, and engaging the hearts and minds of young people in an effort to walk alongside them in seeking to be followers of Jesus Christ, and to serve God’s Kingdom and one another. This position will require someone that possesses a passion for young people and the Church, is self-motivated, collaborative, and innovative.
Primary Job Contact: Rev. Andrew Esqueda, email: email@example.com
- Give serious attention to the maintenance of his/her personal, spiritual, and vocational development.
- Seek to lead the church and larger community in spiritual growth through community engagement, creating spaces for authentic Christian fellowship, living out the love of Christ in the world, and representing the missional vision of the church.
Ministry and Program Leadership
- Promote a relational ministry with youth and their families, engage with those outside of Trinity in an effort to extend the love of God in the world, and seek to connect youth and their families with God and one another.
- Help plan and prepare regular programming for Middle school students with a continual eye toward the programs relevance and effectiveness. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly Sunday school and Youth Group, Bible Studies, and other various programs.
- Help plan, lead, and execute mission, fellowship, and spiritual formation events (trips, camps, etc.). Travel for these will be required.
- In coordination with the Director of High School Ministry and the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry, schedule and be present in the LOFT on Sundays and other various hours for young people to study and spend time.
Communications and Youth Ministry Collaboration
- Work with the Director of High School Ministry and the Family Ministry Administrative Assistant to maintain a successful communication strategy for the youth program.
- Execute weekly youth ministry communications in collaboration with the Director of High School Ministry and Family Ministry Administrative Assistant.
- Build relationships with Middle School Students and their families by connecting through regular programming and at events and activities that take place outside of church.
- In collaboration with the Associate Pastor of Family Ministry coordinate pastoral care to Trinity’s youth and their families, and involve the Senior Pastor when necessary.
- Participation in church-wide and inter-generational events.
- Weekly participation in worship at Trinity.
- Attend all regular staff meetings, and monthly Family Ministry Team Meetings
Please submit your resume, references, and a one-page call to ministry to Rev. Andrew Esqueda, firstname.lastname@example.org