Chestnut Ridge Church is a large church in Morgantown, WV. Our vision is to be an inviting church that leads people into a growing relationship with God and others. We are located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West Virginia, offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine, the Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
We are seeking a full-time Student Ministry Director/Pastor. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Orange, and “Simple Church”.
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment, and organizational skills. Experience with Orange Philosophy and familiarity with North Point Ministries’ strategy and approach is highly valued.
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to firstname.lastname@example.org *****
The role of the Student Ministry Director/Pastor will be to shape the Vision & Direction of Student Ministry (6th-12th grade), coordinate programming for student ministry, oversee and execute events, recruit and train leaders for the student ministry and groups. You will create engaging environments where students feel like they belong so that they can grow in their relationship with God and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for Weekly Programming for Middle School and High School
• Responsible for Programming for all student ministry events
• Develop Teaching Team for Student Ministry
• Develops creative content/direction for middle school and high school
• Recruit and develop Programming Teams (worship, hosts, teachers, tech)
Responsible for ensuring every CRC student is connected to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers, and every leader is equipped to lead small.
• Monitor health and direction of groups
• Recruit, Assign, and direct new and veteran coaches
• Meet regularly with Coaches/SGL’s for training and equipping
• Works with coaches for the purpose of training and equipping SGL’s
• Monitor leader attendance at leader meetings and weekly environments
• Monitor orientation of new leaders
• Coordinates size and structure of groups/group multiplication
• Assigns new students to appropriate small group
• Responsible for the transition of rising 6th through 11th grade students
• Assist in the transition of students to college
• Coordinating, planning and carrying out regularly SGL leader meetings
Manage Special Events & Large Events (registration, communication, marketing, etc) for middle school & high school ministry
Develop and maintain calendars for middle school & high school ministry
Coordinate communication strategies for student ministry with CRC Communications Department
Coordinate with Family Ministries Director for student ministry budget
Connect students to Family Ministry Strategy for students serving
Work within larger family ministry team
Serve on the overall CRC staff team which includes:
Participating in weekly planning/strategy meetings
Providing assistance on all-church initiatives [baptism and membership interviews]
Collaborate with Elementary Ministries to ensure effective transition of children between departments
Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within the ministry.
2+ years of experience working in a student ministry in a church over 500 people
Bachelors degree or equivalent
**** To ensure we receive your application please send resumes and any teaching links to email@example.com *****
Church in suburban Charlotte, NC, seeks full-time Family Minister. Primary responsibilities include evangelism, fostering households of faith, and quarter-time youth ministry. Our congregational focus is Deeper Faith (80% come back to church each week to deepen faith), Joyful Community (we are multigenerational and view church as family), and Reaching More (25% of our budget is used for missions). Spirit of Joy is a bible-believing church in the Lutheran tradition (LCMC). Professional level salary, commensurate with experience.
Life Christian Church is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate for our Youth Ministries Pastor position.
This is a full-time position. Compensation 55k-65k plus compensation package (healthcare, 401k matching funds, additional $1,000 per year towards continued education, 2 weeks paid vacation, moving expenses)
-Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, positive example of Christian living.
-Above average knowledge of the Bible and the ability to make connections between its truths and topics relevant to our youth.
-Become a member of our Life Christian Church and support of the principles and beliefs.
– College degree in ministry related field is required.
GOALS FOR THE YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of our youth program is to provide opportunities for each of our students for Christ.
-The individual selected for this role will provide opportunities for youth to Know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
-Planning, organizing, and leading high school, middle school youth groups and young adults.
-Coordinating special events
-Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
-Maintaining the program’s social media pages.
-Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Senior Pastor.
ABOUT LIFE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
To find out more, visit our website www.MyLifeChristianChurch.org If interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume to Pastor Shane Womack at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This ministry position will oversee four primary areas of leadership within the Student Ministries and specifically the Jr. High Ministry. Those areas include: volunteers, evangelism, communication, and teaching/programming at the weekend services. Responsibilities will include community building with volunteers, recruiting and training of volunteers, partnering with off-campus organizations in evangelism efforts, communicating with parents and students via email, social media, website, and teaching. The Jr. High Pastor will report to and work closely with the Student Ministry/High School Pastor to implement the vision and director of JHM (Junior High Ministry).
Specific Ministry Responsibilities
• Discipleship: Shepherding the Junior High students and volunteer leaders and nurturing their spiritual relationships is your primary focus! This specifically breaks down into three main areas.
• Junior High Volunteers: Aside from Jesus being at the center of our ministry, volunteers are the backbone. When they’re healthy in their walk with the Lord, they’re able to shepherd well. It’s your role to love, care, nurture, pray for, and encourage these volunteers. You will oversee the value and function of volunteers in JHM. This will require vision casting at Leadership Gatherings, individual encouragement of leaders, and empowerment of staff to affirm and utilize leaders in all areas of ministry. Coach volunteers in every event, weekend service and trips to understand the vision and value of the ministry. Pastor care of volunteers with ongoing check-in conversations with each leader. You will develop leaders to understand their next steps in ministry or church.
• Student Leaders: You’ll have an overarching role of helping in the growth of our Jr. High students; however, you’ll be able to go deeper with your small group of student leaders.
• Parents: Parents continue to be the primary means in which faith is passed down in the family structure. Part of your role is to develop and invest in parents & families.
• Create opportunities for on-campus presence in local Student Ministries on school campuses (student-led clubs)
• Partner with para-church organizations like FCA, Young Life, and Youth for Christ to reach students not currently part of the church.
Teach JHM students to be able to share their story with their friends. This will involve training and coaching students throughout the year.
• Teaching: The Jr. High Pastor will have the overarching role of teaching the Jr. High students each Sunday and developing Thursday Night Life Group content.
• Teach regularly in JHM services.
• Develop messages and message series with your teams to advance and disciple your students through effective communication of God’s Word.
• Teach in High School ministry when available and interested.
• Teaching @ on-campus clubs and gatherings to promote the gospel and the JHM vision implemented within our ministry.
Administration: It’s important for us to be organized internally in order to be effective in reaching out to young people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your role will span a variety of administrative tasks. This could look like:
• Social Media
• Updating/Creating Data Bases
• Event Planning
• Website Upkeep
• Youth Room
Other Ministry Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the Student Ministries Team. Work closely with other staff members to create a deep and meaningful ministry centered on discipleship and helping students develop a relationship with Jesus.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Parents or volunteers who have concerns with JHM and Student Ministries
• Evaluating situations and meeting the needs appropriate to the beliefs of Mariners SC.
• Trusting the leadership of the church and aligning to the core values and Transformational Loop.
• All Church
• The JHM Pastor will be asked to participate in various activities which have all-church implications.
• Attend Monthly Staff Meetings
• Attend Story Time Weekly
• Other duties as assigned
• Reporting relationship: Jr. High Pastor will report to the Student Ministry/High School Pastor, or in their absence, the Lead Pastor.
• Maintain a consistent devotional time with God
• Participate and facilitate a Rooted Group/Life Group
• Work a 50-hour week (included in this time is up to 5 hours for personal devotion time and up to 3 hours for participating in an accountability group.)
• Complete Financial Peace University within the first year on staff.
• Qualifications: Here are some qualifications we are looking for in a Junior High Pastor. If you think you’d be ax good addition to our team please apply today.
• Born-again Disciple of Jesus Christ
• Organized & Efficient
• Team Player
• Good Communication Skills
• Passion for teaching God’s Word
• Comfortable in Front of An Audience
• Leadership Experience
• Attention to Detail
• Working Knowledge of different computer programs designed to make your job more efficient.
• Problem Solver
• Bachelor Degree Preferred
• Youth Ministry Experience
Little Falls Presbyterian Church is passionate about the spiritual growth of youth. We seek a person who will develop and lead a weekly program with Jr. and Sr. High school youth which includes Sunday evening programs, activities, small groups, retreats, bible studies and mission endeavors.
If you have a love for the Lord, can build relationships with youth, have the ability to motivate and develop youth leaders, have strong leadership and administrative skills, can plan programs in advance, communicate well and relate well to others, and believe that you might be the right person for this position, you are encouraged to apply. Our pastor and dedicated youth ministry leaders are waiting for God to call upon you to join us in ministry to children and youth.
We offer compensation which includes a yearly salary and the use of a recently renovated tax-free 2-bedroom apartment.
View full Job Description at https://www.littlefallschurch.org/director-of-youth
Part-Time 20-25 flexible hours per week; Salary: $18,000 – $22,000 yr. plus rent free/tax-free use of a 2-bedroom standalone apartment in the 22207 zip code of north Arlington, Virginia with front door access to the Arlington bus and Metro access less than a mile away.
Total estimated part-time position value, including housing $41,000 – $45,000
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Position will begin as soon as candidate is chosen.
Make a difference. Change a life. One life at a time. Langdale United Methodist Church in Valley, AL, is a growing community of faith nestled along the Chattahoochee River on the Alabama – Georgia state line. We are at a unique time at Langdale in that we are combining two part time staff positions and making it into one full time position. If you are a person with a holy desire to know and share Jesus, and have gifts and graces to minister with youth and lead worship, please consider contacting us about this great opportunity.
Below is a summary of the ministry position:
Regarding the youth pastor role, this person is responsible for building disciples of Jesus Christ among the youth through personal example, small groups, worship, and doing ministry with others. As this youth leader lives life together with youth through the week in Bible studies, ministries, and other events, the youth pastor can lead youth directly into a Sunday morning worship experience with people of all ages.
Regarding the worship leader role, this person is responsible for working with the pastor in developing and overseeing the musical and artistic aspects of a Sunday morning praise and worship service.
Through worship and other mediums, the Worship Leader will facilitate an environment that allows people of all ages to experience the presence of Jesus Christ and help build an authentic community of followers. This person will have responsibility of one of the three worship services that meets on Sunday morning.
Qualifications: A personal, spiritual walk and commitment to Jesus Christ that attracts others to follow Christ;
Investing and carving time for your own private worship of Christ to help enable you to authentically lead others to worship Christ in a public worship setting;
A knowledge of youth and current youth culture
A knowledge of contemporary praise and worship music;
Experience in leading youth is preferred
Experience in leading praise and worship is preferred;
Ability to lead a praise band which engages the band and congregation in genuine, heartfelt worship;
Be able to play at least one musical instrument.
Be able to read music or chord sheets
Proficiency in ProPresenter is preferred
Ability to coordinate sound through a sound board
A degree in Christian Ministry, Youth Ministry, or Biblical studies is preferred.
Must be at least 22 years of age.
Must understand and abide by our Safe Sanctuary policy.
A full job description is available upon request.
Worship music can get into a person’s heart. Youth ministry can change the direction of a person’s life. I know from personal experience. It happened to me. – Pastor Rusty Tate, Langdale United Methodist Church
Bay Presbyterian Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries.
Bay Presbyterian (EPC) Church seeks a Student Ministries Director passionate about middle and high school students and eager to go outside of the church building to engage relationally with students not connected to any community of faith.
This historically-strong youth ministry seeks to continue its reputation of introducing students to a relationship with Jesus, nurturing faith in the students of attending families at BPC and developing future leaders for the church and the community.
BPC is seeking a Student Ministries Director that feels deeply called to ministering to middle- and high school aged students in their neighborhood. A gift for relational evangelism and outreach and energizing others toward evangelism is important for this role. The ideal leader will have experience developing engaging youth discipleship programs and energy both to sustain and innovate based on emerging needs of the youth in Bay Village.
As a key team member on a talented staff, BPC is looking for someone that is eager to discover ways to integrate student ministry into the day-to-day life of the church. The ideal candidate has experience working across a breadth of stake holders and has a vision for a vibrant multi-generational community of faith.
- Develop and Execute strategy for Discipleship Evangelism across student ministry department
- Provide executive leadership for student ministries department including full-time staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Actively engage in evangelism and discipleship relationships outside the walls of the church (contact work with students)
- Lead dynamic discipleship and evangelism programming on Sundays and Midweek
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to facilitate small groups, participate in regular programming and share Jesus with all students in the local community
- Collaborate with Discipleship and Family Ministry personnel to build trusting relationships with parents and caregivers
- Introduce students to scripture and equip them to follow Jesus
- Serve as the primary leader of either middle school or high school student programming and help facilitate the other student program.
- Preach occasionally to the congregation in Sunday worship
- Build relationships with the congregation through regular presence and participation in Sunday worship services
For more information about this role, view the full job description here, or contact the recruiter overseeing this search Ryan Church at Ryan@agorasearchgroup.com
First Christian Church of Nacogdoches is a non-denominational, evangelical church located in Nacogdoches, TX (the oldest town in Texas). Nacogdoches is home to Stephen F. Austin University and is located two and a half hours northeast of Houston, TX and roughly three hours east of Dallas, TX.
FCCnac is a 104 year old church with roughly 400 active church members. There are two worship services on Sunday, a traditional service at 9:00 a.m. and a contemporary service at 11:00 a.m.
Our youth group has about 30 students and 30 adult leaders. Yes, that’s right! 30 adult leaders. The youth group is poised for growth. Our facilities offer a “youth house” with its own gathering area, game area, kitchen and worship center. Additionally, the church has a gymnasium available to the youth as well. FCCnac is committed reaching lost teens for Christ and building up teenage body of Christ who are currently attending our church.
We are prayerfully seeking a seasoned youth pastor to lead and guide our middle school and high school youth groups. The candidate must demonstrate a heart for the gospel and soul winning as well as discipling students. We are looking for someone who also has a proven track record of using social media to communicate with students and parents. The youth pastor is to teach gospel-centered messages rooted in Scripture at the youth’s midweek service on Wednesday evening and to the youth on Sunday mornings. The previous youth pastor who served for more than three years and a half years got married and moved to another state in June 2019.
The church’s Facebook page is:
The Youth Group’s page is:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to CColgan@me.com
Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Pastor of Discipleship Formation
Provide oversight for high school ministries and coordination with the middle school and college ministries.
Candidate will have a strong commitment to Wesleyan theologyand biblical orthodoxy as well as a proven track record for beingeager and willing to build disciples who are committed to Jesus Christ, to the church, and to the work of Christ in the world. This includes but is not limited to:
• Teaching, discipling, and nurturing students through biblical instruction that builds a biblical worldview and develops Christian values and lifestyle.
• Staying in touch with the ever-changing youth culture.
• Programming that ministers to the whole person (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual).
• Evangelistic ministry on school campuses as permitted in our area.
• Leading or participating in student outreach and mission-oriented opportunities or trips.
• Being available for formal and informal social relationships with students.
• Participating in and administering the calling/follow-up of students whose attendance is non-regular.
• Organize weekly student activities and events.
Staff and volunteer leadership:
Will supervise staff, interns and volunteer leaders for ministry tostudents and recruit those individuals as needed.
This will involve:
• Providing opportunities for their spiritual growth and the identification/development of their spiritual gifts.
• Assisting them in identifying needs and establishing goals for student ministry.
• Being responsive to their questions regarding biblical truth and student behavior as related to Christian living, social interaction, human sexuality and discipleship.
• Being aware of current developments in materials, curriculum, media, social media, etc.
• Encouraging them to attend conferences and other training opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
• Build open and honest communication between parents and teens.
This will include:
• Clearly communicating your student ministry philosophy, teaching topics, goals, and coming activities frequently through regular meetings or electronic communication.
• Being available for personal consultation.
• Providing opportunity for training in parent/teen relationships.
Leadership, and Congregation:
Participate in the overall life of the church to gain personal spiritual enrichment and build a closer relationships with God and each other. This will involve:
• Time for personal study and prayer aimed at continuing one’s own personal growth and equipping for ministry.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and retreats.
• Attendance at regularly scheduled services of the church and participating in the leadership roles assigned for that function.
• Participation in student or leadership conferences for personal enrichment.
• Assisting other pastoral staff as time permits and as one’s gifts allow.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s required (Christian Education or Bible major helpful, but not necessary). Seminary degree strongly preferred. Candidate will have previous experience in a full-time position with a growing ministry in a large (500+ attendance) church, large staff setting, a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and an intense desire to seestudents grow spiritually and:
• Demonstrate effectiveness as a disciple maker.
• Have strong organizational/communication skills.
• Possess spiritual giftedness in the areas of leadership and teaching.
• Display a learning posture, flexibility, cooperation, servanthood and evidence of being self-motivated and willing to work within a team ministry.
Located in Lexington, Centenary is one of the largest United Methodist churches in Kentucky (3000+ membership). It has a long history of tremendous ministry in a growing area of the city on the edge of the campus of the University of Kentucky. We host highly rated outreaches to families including The CentenarySchool, the Centenary School of Music and a large sports ministry, IAM3rd which has almost 2000 students in various sporting activities and teams. We have a very high commitment to reaching individuals and families for Jesus Christ across the ocean and across the street.
Salary: $43-47k (Depending upon Experience) + Benefits
Please send resume by July 20 to:
Janna Melton c/oCentenary United Methodist Church 2800 Tates Creek Road Lexington, KY 40502
Position Title: High School Ministry Director
Position Job Description: Lead and serve the high school ministry by creating pathways to discipleship through equipped adults and students
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Next Generation Director
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
· Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
· Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
· Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
· Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
· Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
· Team player
· Teaching gift and desire to teach students and adults (may fill the pulpit as requested by Sr. Pastor)
· Strong, creative, and innovative leader
· Ability to partner with parents
· 3+ years of experience leading a high school ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
· Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis and develop other teachers as well
· Work with interns (to help lead the ministry)
· Be apart of our Bethel sports leadership team
· Develop, assemble, and equip student leaders
· Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, etc)
· Hire and equip support staff such as coordinator. and music leads
· Promote connection with students in the local high schools
· Create a culture that reaches out
· Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
· An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
· An ability for mentoring and developing others to effectively carry out the ministry
· An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
· An effective communicator to both large and small groups
· The maturity to both lead and to follow
· An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
Nothing in this job description restricts Bethel Church right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
**Must apply through BambooHR at www.bethel.ch under Employment Opportunities