The Young Life Spiritual Leader (Full-Time) is responsible for developing and directing a Young Life Ministry for the youth in the residential community at Rawhide Youth Services. This person will lead spiritual activities and provide support and care to the residential clients, as well as supporting the spiritual activities for the staff at Rawhide. This person reports to the Director, Residential Services at Rawhide while collaborating with the Young Life Regional Director, Wisconsin.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum 1 Year of successful experience working in Residential Care with at-risk youth
- Prior experience working with Young Life preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries/Therapeutic Recreation/Behavioral Sciences or the relevant equivalent
- Able to articulate and evidence Christian doctrine and ethics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with clients for informal contacts and visit the residential units regularly, including mealtimes and activities
- Effectively steward budget. Track spending and allocate resources with fiduciary.
- Lead after-school programs.
- Explore options for “external” volunteer engagement, vetted through Human Resources and DCF Chapter 52 guidelines.
- Participate in Young Life Staff trainings and certifications.
- Contribute and participate in Youth Services meetings and Youth Advisory committee.
- Lend support to Rawhide weekly Fellowship meeting
- Track data and deliverables in alignment with goals established by Director of Residential Services
Bay Presbyterian Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a Director of Student Ministries.
Bay Presbyterian (EPC) Church seeks a Student Ministries Director passionate about middle and high school students and eager to go outside of the church building to engage relationally with students not connected to any community of faith.
This historically-strong youth ministry seeks to continue its reputation of introducing students to a relationship with Jesus, nurturing faith in the students of attending families at BPC and developing future leaders for the church and the community.
BPC is seeking a Student Ministries Director that feels deeply called to ministering to middle- and high school aged students in their neighborhood. A gift for relational evangelism and outreach and energizing others toward evangelism is important for this role. The ideal leader will have experience developing engaging youth discipleship programs and energy both to sustain and innovate based on emerging needs of the youth in Bay Village.
As a key team member on a talented staff, BPC is looking for someone that is eager to discover ways to integrate student ministry into the day-to-day life of the church. The ideal candidate has experience working across a breadth of stake holders and has a vision for a vibrant multi-generational community of faith.
- Develop and Execute strategy for Discipleship Evangelism across student ministry department
- Provide executive leadership for student ministries department including full-time staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Actively engage in evangelism and discipleship relationships outside the walls of the church (contact work with students)
- Lead dynamic discipleship and evangelism programming on Sundays and Midweek
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to facilitate small groups, participate in regular programming and share Jesus with all students in the local community
- Collaborate with Discipleship and Family Ministry personnel to build trusting relationships with parents and caregivers
- Introduce students to scripture and equip them to follow Jesus
- Serve as the primary leader of either middle school or high school student programming and help facilitate the other student program.
- Preach occasionally to the congregation in Sunday worship
- Build relationships with the congregation through regular presence and participation in Sunday worship services
For more information about this role, view the full job description here, or contact the recruiter overseeing this search Ryan Church at Ryan@agorasearchgroup.com