The Children’s Ministry Associate will be a dynamic leader with a passion and vision for partnering with the Frisco Bible Church staff, parents and volunteer leaders. The Associate will help to create an environment where families are welcomed into a healthy community to meet Jesus Christ, to grow in their faith and be equipped to share the gospel with friends.
Help in the equipping and organization of the ministries for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Working with lead volunteers to resource their ministry for children from nursery through 5thgrade
Work with Director of Children’s Ministry
Recruit and shepherd volunteer team members
Create a discipleship model that both draws in those from the outside and multiplies disciple makers.
Has a high level of teen volunteers so having some student ministry experience is a plus!
Sunday Morning (worship, teaching and activities)
1-45 Camp and Pine Cove Camp in the City
5+ years’ experience in Children’s Ministry or related employment
Understand Basic Microsoft Office Programs
Bachelors Degree or work experience considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to
MAPLEVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH
Position: Youth Director
Hours: 20 hrs/week = 3 days/week
Start Date: 1/1/2020
Vacation: 2 weeks
Purpose: To glorify God by serving the pastors, parents, and youth of Mapleview Baptist Church through the development and execution of a Biblically grounded youth program.
1. Lead weekly Sunday school and mid-week youth group meetings for Junior High and Senior High students at Mapleview.
2. Enlist and train all leaders and workers in youth ministry.
3. Plan and conduct special events, camps, missions trips, service projects, outreach, and fundraisers.
4. Wisely steward the annual allotted youth budget.
5. Attend the weekly staff meeting.
6. Attend every all-church event and be willing to serve wherever needed.
7. Encourage and support the parents of the youth as they train up their children.
8. Sporadically join the Senior Pastor at conferences, visitations of the sick and elderly, and other mentoring opportunities.
Compensation: $25,000 annual starting
The youth director and elders will meet after 6 months to review and assess the ministry and plan the way ahead.
The role of the associate pastor is: to provide leadership, guidance, and training and to foster the growth of our church; to strengthen & grow the church’s music & technology ministries; to preach during primary worship times and to lead and strengthen the outreach of our church, especially in the local neighborhoods.
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Other Major Relationships: Maintain good, effective working relationships and cooperate actively with the other church staff and members to ensure that the objectives of the church are met.
- Regularly share the duties of teaching during the worship service, with an engaging, Biblically sound, and applicable explanation of Biblical texts and topics
- Nurture relationships, especially with younger families and younger adults, providing leadership, training and fellowship.
- Oversee the outreach team and provide leadership, creativity and follow-through to increase the robustness of outreach in our church.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the overall programming for the church, aiding in special projects, performing weddings and funerals, and implementing special assignments by the Senior Pastor.
- As needed, assist in the pastoral care needs and visits of the congregation
- Operate the visuals and sound for Sunday worship services.
- Oversee, train, and schedule volunteers to run visuals and sound for Sunday worship services and other various events.
- Give advice for the overall visual and sound ministry
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- Pastoral experience and/or teaching experience
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and projection
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude
Orange Park United Methodist Church is located in Orange Park, FL. It has wonderful resources for youth including classrooms, a youth worship center, youth office, gymnasium and two playing fields.
The church has a strong ministry team which values a cooperative and supportive environment in ministry. It also has an incredible level of laity actively engaged in ministry to children and youth.
The youth program runs an average attendance of 30 in the Fall and upwards to 60 in the Spring. The youth are involved in small group studies, Sunday school and local missions. Annually, the youth plan and carry out an international summer mission trip, winter ski trip and fall retreat.
The individual selected to oversee this Director of Youth Ministry position should possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a passion for youth and a willingness to serve. The annual compensation package for the position of Director of Youth Ministries is $55,000 to $60,000 based on experience plus benefits.
If you know of someone whom you believe would be interested in this position, please forward this email to them.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com
Calls should be directed to Robyn Voigt at 904-264-2241, ext. 273.
Our next Director of Student Ministries will have an evident love of the Lord Jesus and be comfortable sharing their faith with others. They will have a love for students and desire to nurture and disciple students in their own walk with Jesus.
Planted in 2011, St Paul’s Anglican Church is a community of believers serving Jesus in greater Greenville area. Worshiping Jesus as King is the center of all we believe and do and that worship helps restore our perspective on the world we live and serve in. Our next Student Minister will participate in and help lead youth and their families to that end.
The Director of Student Ministries is responsible for the oversight, direction, and coordination of Student Ministry at St. Paul’s Church. These ministries include:
Weekly Bible Studies
Service Opportunities (within the church and in the community)
The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) must have an evident Christian faith and be comfortable sharing that faith with others. The DSM must have a desire to see the students of the church nurtured in the knowledge and love of the Lord. In addition, the DSM must be organized and able to recruit, manage and assist a team of student ministry volunteers.
Directing the nature, content, and quality of the Student Ministry.
Recruiting, training and overseeing volunteers to assist in the various ministries with students.
Coordinating the calendar of Student Ministry events with the church’s calendar.
Identifying, planning and implementing special ministries for students that provide opportunities for them to encounter the gospel in a life-transforming way.
Other Current Duties
Oversee the youth basketball sports program, ministry partner with Director of Children’s Ministry, assisting with church website/calendar, communicating regularly with families of students, leading summer mission trip (local or global). The current DSM has gone through the ordination discernment process and currently serves as a Deacon in addition to serving as the DSM; for someone thinking about ordination, St. Paul’s will support and assist in that process.
In all things the Director of Student Ministries works toward the building up of the Body of Christ and equipping its members for ministry.
Verve is a 10-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our mission is to love God, love people, and turn the world upside-down. We reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach: the kind of people who are not interested God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. Two-thirds of people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up.
We are seeking a NextGen Pastor to oversee VerveKIDS, our children’s ministry for ages birth through 5th grade, and Verve Students, our ministry for students in 6th through 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Are devoted to kids and students growing in their love for God and people.
- Easily relate to unchurched children, students, and their parents.
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but strategic) style, and random (but strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers.
- Have strong experience raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Demonstrate the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter.
As the NextGen Pastor, you will own all aspects of Verve ministry related to children and students. Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include:
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee weekend VerveKIDS programming. (The current size of this team is approximately 50 volunteers.)
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee programming and special events for Verve Students. (The current size of this team is approximately 15 volunteers.) This includes the weekly Student gathering on Thursday nights during the school year.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for VerveKIDS and Verve Students. (Familiarity with Orange curriculum is a plus.)
- Staffing childcare needs for churchwide events throughout the year.
- Directing and developing the vision of NextGen ministries in accordance with Verve’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Serving as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events. Currently this consists of a Halloween-related event and an Easter-related event. Each of these attracts between 1,500 and 2,000 people from the community.
- Other duties related to NextGen, or NextGen volunteers, as assigned.
We want you to love being part of the team at Verve. Here’s what we will provide:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- At least 14 vacation days per year.
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
- Some of the warmest weather in the country, year-round.
- Staff fun days where you can show off your mad skills at activities that may include laser tag, bowling, or mini-golf.
In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.
We’re a small church located in the suburbs of Northern Va. We would love to provide an opportunity for young youth and worship leaders to develop their skills in a supportive environment under our pastor. We are looking for an internship / part time position that could develop into more. We can’t promise you all the whistles and bells of big church operations but we can promise a safe and supportive place to learn and grow.
- DEPARTMENT: Operations
- REPORTS TO: Vice President Marketing & Operations
- STATUS: Part-time (20 – 25 hours), position sharing
- CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
- WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 1:00, plus flexibility for events
TreeHouse is on a mission to end hopelessness among teens. Through safe, grace-based environments and one-to-one mentoring, teens build healthy relationships, better coping skills and a sense of purpose rooted in the living hope of Jesus, unleashing untold potential in themselves and their communities. TreeHouse staff are grounded in the core values of GRACE (Growth, Relationships, Authenticity, Community, Empowerment) that determine how we build relationships with donors, partners, volunteers, fellow staff, and teens. TreeHouse serves over 3,000 teens annually across 7 states and is growing to lead the nation in ending hopelessness among teens.
GENERAL TREEHOUSE STAFF REQUIREMENT
By God’s grace, TreeHouse staff live out Christian faith and values in ways that are consistent with the teachings of Scripture and by participating in a fellowship of believers for spiritual enrichment, encouragement, support, and accountability.
The administrative coordinator is part of the front reception team and serves as host/hostess for all guests and first line of security for the Program Training Center. The coordinator is also primarily responsible for the administrative support for the Operations team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer phones and greet Program & Training Center guests with grace, respect and dignity remembering that you may be someone’s first impression of TreeHouse
- Provide office administrative support including but not limited to support for marketing team, maintaining office supplies, maintaining staff directories and organization charts, front desk security and reception and monitoring general email boxes such as Employment@TreeHouseHope.org and Information@TreeHouseHope.org.
- Maintain up to date procedures and written processes for all front desk staff in cooperation with the Executive Assistant to the CEO and VP Marketing & Operations including but not limited to leading mail opening, answering phones, scheduling interviews, etc.
- Serve as back up for TreeHouseHope.org email domain including maintaining employee email addresses and group distribution lists
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Mature faith in Jesus Christ which is compatible with the TreeHouse statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of TreeHouse
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing administrative support and coordination, preferably in a non-profit or faith based organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Team orientation with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Ability to forge positive working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Desire to continue learning and improving skill sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and confidentiality
FPC Greenville is a growing congregation of 3100 members located in the heart of downtown. While we appreciate and embrace our 171 year history, we are also excited about the future and changes that God is bringing about in our congregation and the impact First Pres is having in our community. We have a strong student ministry program with a large number of students active during the week.
See our website at www.firstpresgreenville.org.
We are looking for someone to work well within our already-existing three-person team to help shepherd our students with a special emphasis on our junior high females. The person for this job should be very relational and caring with a good knowledge of the Bible and commitment to the essentials of the reformed faith. We need a fun loving, creative person that is willing to spend time with students and show that they are important and help them understand their need for a relationship with Jesus Christ. In addition, the person should be organized, able to help in event planning, and posses a demonstrated ability to lead and relate with 6th to 8th grade females in an exciting and captivating manner.
This is a full time job with responsibility for Sunday School, Wednesday night activities, retreats, mission trips, fun events throughout the year as well as working closely and coordinating with our Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, Senior High Director, and Senior High Female Student Ministries Coordinator. We also expect you to be a vital part of the overall ministry staff and to have input into the ministries of the church.
If you feel you are the person God is calling to this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send a full job description along with our theology statement and a short questionnaire.
First United Methodist Church, in Mooresville, Indiana, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the specialized role of Youth Ministry Leader.
Located in a small-town suburb southwest of Indianapolis, FUMC has a reputation for being mission focused and offering Spirit filled worship. We serve a congregation of 500 members with an average worship attendance of nearly 400 across three Sunday morning services.
This individual will develop and lead, in partnership with the Senior Pastor, our youth ministry program consisting of grades 5-12. We seek a spiritually mature, biblical, and prayerful Christian gifted in leadership to bring encouragement and vision for this ministry and the church as a whole. Areas of focus include relationship building, discipleship and service/missions. Prior youth ministry leadership experience is desired. This is a part time position with the possibility to expand to full time employment based on qualifications and experience.
· You are called to youth ministry, love people, and have a heart for evangelism and outreach
· You live your life for Christ
· You are passionate about equipping others for ministry
· You are fun to be around
· You can relate to youth and they can relate to you
• Introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and train them in serving Christ
• Develop and execute a balanced and engaging youth ministry
• Recruit and train volunteers to work in all aspects of youth ministry
• Provide opportunities for youth and their families to be directly involved in missions and ministry
• Provide opportunities for youth to attend special mission, praise, and worship events
• Develop evangelical outreach to surrounding schools by attending student activities as available (i.e. sporting games, band competitions, choir performances, lunches)
• Participate in regular worship as well as assist with worship, scripture interpretations, preaching and teaching as needed.
If this position is for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim at email@example.com