West Lawn United Methodist Church, a mid-sized active and growing congregation in southeast Pennsylvania (South District PA Conference) is seeking a Youth Pastor to continue to lead students in grades 6-12 in becoming dedicated disciples of Christ. Candidate with prior youth leadership experience would demonstrate strong relational and organizational skills, be forward thinking, creative and energetic. Ability to integrate the youth into the congregation and grow the youth group in numbers and depth of faith is very important. This leader would also plan and lead youth summer camps, mission trips, retreats, confirmation class and fund-raising campaigns. The candidate should demonstrate a strong personal faith in alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church.
West Lawn UMC averages 600 people in weekly worship attendance, with a strong team of servant youth leaders. Current youth students are very active in local missions and community support. There are approximately 50 students participating in West Lawn’s youth program, with tremendous potential for growth.
Interested candidate should submit cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation by March 20, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Sunday mornings are required); remuneration commensurate with experience. This position offers some limited benefits such as: 403b, HSA, 3 weeks (105 hours) of vacation and 1 week of study leave, a low cost of living in the sunny and friendly city of Pueblo, CO.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Serve as principal coordinator/facilitator for the Youth Group(s), leading and directing youth group meetings and activities (typically weekly).
· Coordinate and equip youth for participation in worship as liturgists, readers, etc.
· Collaborate with other churches to develop ecumenical youth activities and programs.
· Coordinate retreats, camps, mission projects, and other special events for youth.
· Develop methods to form supportive and encouraging relationships with the youth.
· Recruit and train volunteers to work effectively in our CE/youth programs.
· Plan and implement Christian Education curricula for children, youth, and adults.
· Oversee Vacation Bible School or similar summer educational opportunities.
· Coordinate curriculum and instructors for the Confirmation Class (typically every other year).
· Attend regular staff meetings and serve as the staff liaison to the Christian Education Ministry Team.
Our ideal candidate will have a vital relationship with Christ and will be someone who is:
· Excited about youth and Christian Education.
· A good listener who resonates warmth and compassion.
· Flexible and able to communicate effectively with individuals of all ages.
· A hospitable person who welcomes everyone and shares the Gospel without judgement.
· Able to involve youth in fellowship/fun, service projects, Christian education, and worship.
· Committed to working with our staff and CE Team to help children, youth, and adults grow in their faith.
· Imaginative in creating an environment in which people are empowered to express their faith.
· Able to work with people with diverse ethnic, economic, and educational backgrounds and a wide range of theological positions.
· Dedicated to reaching out to the community and working with other churches.
· Able to model collaborative leadership.
· Willing to incorporate and train our youth to serve in congregational life (serving as Elders and Deacons, leading worship, teaching, etc.).
Hold at least a bachelor’s degree and a desire to work with people of various racial, social-economic, and religious backgrounds.
To apply, send the following to Careers@FirstPresPueblo.org or to First Presbyterian Church – Pueblo, 220 W. 10th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 Attn: Personnel Committee. Please be sure to include: 1) A brief cover letter to tell us about yourself and your background; 2) A resume highlighting relevant experience and education, and 3) three references and their contact information. (If you choose, references can be made available upon request.)
For more information, please email us at Careers@FirstPresPueblo.org or phone: (719) 542-7322.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Adventure of a Lifetime! Join our Traveling Presenter Team, impacting students, and getting paid for it!
Camfel Productions is a Christian, non-profit, multi-media production company based in Irwindale, California. We specialize in producing character-building resources for schools across the nation. Our three-screen assemblies are seen by roughly two million students each year.
We strive to motivate and encourage students to be the best they can be by first understanding and acknowledging the problems they face on a daily basis, and then by offering solutions in a format, they can relate to.
We are currently hiring for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. If you have ever thought about traveling the country, impacting youth, and getting paid for it, then come join us for the experience of a lifetime.
No prior technical experience is necessary. We will train you. We supply new presenters with all the information and skills needed to set up and run our assemblies. We train you in everything you need to know to be a successful Camfel Presenter. We provide transportation, food reimbursement, and lodging.
We want to make sure you are a great fit for this position. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, work hard, and motivated people who are passionate about the mission of the company and stepping into new experiences.
If you have a family or any other large commitments at home, such as large financial obligations, this may not be the job for you. If you’re a Christian, single, or married with no children applying jointly with your spouse, and looking to impact students while having one of the most memorable times of your life, we’ve got the job for you.
All you need is a clean driving and criminal record, be at least 18 years old, have a heart for students, a strong work ethic, and a love for travel. This is a four-month, to approx. ten-month paid position that will begin August 3, 2020, and potentially lasts until the end of May of the following year.
Please take a look at our Job page at http://www.camfel.com/pages/jobs/ for more detailed information or feel free to call us today. We’d love to answer any questions you might have! We desire to hire the best individuals we can and if you’re interested in applying please complete the application online at http://camfel.com/pages/jobs_application.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Hiring Search Committee
15709 Arrow Highway #2
Irwindale, CA 91706
626-960-6922 Ext. 102
Looking for a dynamic, outgoing go getter who is extremely organized for this partime opening. We want someone is confident in their approach to reach and communicate with students of today while communicating Gods word in a relevant fashion. The Youth minister will be responsible for sunday morning teachings, sunday night gathering and a monthly event along with planning and organizing summer mission trip. Must be able to manage your budget for overall youth ministry, receipts, and planning youth activities within your budget….more detailed description to be given during interview process.
Verve is a 10-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our mission is to love God, love people, and turn the world upside-down. We reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach: the kind of people who are not interested in God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. Two-thirds of people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up.
We are seeking a NextGen Pastor to oversee VerveKIDS, our children’s ministry for ages birth through 5th grade, and Verve Students, our ministry for students in 6th through 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Are devoted to kids and students growing in their love for God and people.
- Easily relate to unchurched children, students, and their parents.
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but strategic) style, and random (but strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers.
- Have strong experience raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Demonstrate the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter.
As the NextGen Pastor, you will own all aspects of Verve ministry related to children and students.
Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include:
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee weekend VerveKIDS programming. (The current size of this team is approximately 50 volunteers.)
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee programming and special events for Verve Students. (The current size of this team is approximately 15 volunteers.) This includes the weekly Student gathering on Thursday nights during the school year.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for VerveKIDS and Verve Students. (Familiarity with Orange curriculum is a plus.)
- Staffing childcare needs for churchwide events throughout the year.
- Directing and developing the vision of NextGen ministries in accordance with Verve’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Serving as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events. Currently this consists of a Halloween-related event and an Easter-related event. Each of these attracts between 1,500 and 2,000 people from the community.
- Other duties related to NextGen, or NextGen volunteers, as assigned.
We want you to love being part of the team at Verve. Here’s what we will provide:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- At least 14 vacation days per year.
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
- Some of the warmest weather in the country, year-round.
- Staff fun days where you can show off your mad skills at activities that may include laser tag, bowling, or mini-golf.
In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.
Above is a link to a church profile and job description.
We are asking applicants to submit the following by March 1: (1) cover letter (with a short bio, brief philosophy of ministry, as well as any strong theological convictions/beliefs), (2) resume (with 3 references), (3) a previously created lesson and/or audio recording.
Compensation includes a salary of $29K plus a three-bedroom parsonage.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be contacted at email@example.com or they can call the church at 765-324-2484.
Our website is www.colfaxchristianchurch.org. We are on Instagram and Facebook as well.
JOB TITLE: Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Area Director
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours)
WORK HOURS: Flexibility to work daytime and evening hours
TreeHouse is on a mission to end hopelessness among teens. Through safe, grace-based environments and one-to-one mentoring, teens build healthy relationships, better coping skills and a sense of purpose rooted in the living hope of Jesus, unleashing untold potential in themselves and their communities. TreeHouse staff are grounded in the core values of GRACE (Growth, Relationships, Authenticity, Community, Empowerment) that determine how we build relationships with donors, partners, volunteers, fellow staff, and teens. TreeHouse serves over 3,000 teens annually across 7 states and is growing to lead the nation in ending hopelessness among teens.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate possesses proven skills in effectively planning and executing programming for teens, with a passion to develop people and systems.
Key characteristics include confidence in handling teen crises and discipline, a consistent and steady presence to maintain the health of group culture, ability to coordinate volunteers and delegate tasks, and the professionalism to sustain key relationships with school staff and others who serve teens.
GENERAL TREEHOUSE STAFF REQUIREMENT
By God’s grace, TreeHouse staff live out Christian faith and values in ways that are consistent with the teachings of Scripture and by participating in a fellowship of believers for spiritual enrichment, encouragement, support, and accountability.
The Program Manager ensures excellence in youth programming at an assigned TreeHouse site. Executes the program strategies set by the Area Director and outreach leadership for site volunteers and staff to effectively serve teens, sharing the living hope of Jesus Christ and helping teens realize their untold potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Provide spiritual leadership to volunteer and staff team by setting the tone and leading by example
● In collaboration with site staff and volunteers, plan and organize program activities for assigned site; in alignment with outreach strategic direction, set goals for programs, trips, and activities
● Ensure safety and effectiveness of each program setting, competently addressing conflicts and issues that arise with teens, with the support of Area Director and outreach leadership
● Lead and coach a team of volunteers and staff during weekly programs, trips and activities, while participating fully in programming
o Facilitate highly effective weekly support groups, providing teens a safe environment to experience peer and adult support
o Co-lead weekly Connect programs, including teaching spiritual and asset-based concepts, leading games, facilitating discussion groups, and having fun with teens in a large group setting
o Ensure the successful delivery of the TreeHouse Next curriculum and teen and staff engagement with volunteer coaches to aid teens in graduating high school and setting a path for their future
o Lead trips and activities, providing opportunities for teens to have fun, learn about themselves, put their life skills into action, and connect with God and others in a deeper way
o Drive a 12-passenger van to transport teens to and from TreeHouse programs
● Ensure accuracy and timeliness of youth data tracking, administrative work, and basic vehicle maintenance as assigned
● In collaboration with Area Director, delegate responsibilities to volunteers and staff as appropriate for their level of competence while leading by example in program settings
● Coordinate volunteer onboarding and ensure management processes are followed; in collaboration with Area Director, supervise and develop volunteers in various direct service roles
● In collaboration with Area Director, assign careloads of teens to self and volunteer and paid staff, and ensure teens receive consistent mentoring and support in safe environments
● Recruit and maintain a careload of teens in assigned community to meet goals set by supervisor; Meet regularly with careload teens for mentoring and spiritual development
● Supervise, coach and encourage local volunteer mentors who assist with careload mentoring
● Help teens manage personal and family crises, including networking with outside professionals and law enforcement as needed
● Visit area schools regularly to recruit new teens, connect with and advocate for current participants, meet strategic objectives, and maintain relationships with school administrators and staff
● In collaboration with Area Director, build and maintain relationships with social service providers in the area, seeking new participant referrals and connecting our teens and their families to needed resources; provide consistent follow-up of referrals from these sources
● Support the fundraising and awareness efforts of the Community Advancement staff and volunteer Community Development Team (CDT) by engaging community partners and personal network in TreeHouse fundraising events and other strategic opportunities
○ Cultivate and maintain a team of ministry partners who support the work of the assigned site financially and in prayer
● Three or more years of program or ministry experience; demonstrated success in providing direct service to youth facing struggles
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Youth Ministry or related field (exceptions will be considered)
● Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, 5+ years’ driving experience to meet TreeHouse insurance provider requirements
● Mature faith in Jesus Christ which is compatible with the TreeHouse statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
● Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of TreeHouse
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to forge positive working relationships with a wide variety of people
● Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Sound judgment and confidentiality
We are looking for a strong leader that is relational and has a gift in teaching and a vision on how to reach, disciple, and lead the Grace Crossing Church (GCC) student ministry and families in alignment to our Vision, Mission and Values.
● Connect with Middle School and High School students
● Communication/teaching skills to students and adults
● Organizational/Admin skills
● Competency in Worship or Media a plus
● Growing in our Vision, Mission and Values – Emotionally Healthy Spirituality/Oneness
● Conflict/Crisis resolution skills
● Heart for Missions
● Responsible for the Weekly Operations of the ministry in the following ways…
○ Organize and implement a comprehensive spiritual development pathway (i.e. faith milestones) for Middle School, High School students and Young Adults.
○ Recruit and develop volunteers/leaders to assist the student ministries.
○ Provide leadership training and parent training designed to coordinate effective discipleship to youth.
○ Coordinate and maintain background checks on all volunteers and workers who work with youth.
Planning monthly events and activities calendar.
● Responsible for leadership development of the ministry in the following ways…
○ Plan and implement regular leadership team meetings.
○ Plan and implement a one-on-one with staff to focus on ministry goals and leadership development.
● Responsible for the student discipleship of the ministry in the following ways…
○ Identify, train and disciple key student leaders and families.
○ Identify, train and disciple adult small group leaders who disciple students and families.
● Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
● Graduate degree (a plus)
Do you like working with a great team of pastors that approach ministry together relationally?
The two main areas needed is with youth ministry and leading worship with our praise team, but as a pastoral team we all work together to help in other areas as well.
Since this would be a “pastor” position, we prefer at least 2 years of Bible College or Seminary. Experience is always a plus. We are a nondenominational Bible Church that takes the Bible literally, and that is what we teach.
Salary range is from $45,000 to $50,000 per year based on education and experience, plus benefits.
We are located in Eastern Montana, a great place to raise a family and serve the Lord.
Grace Bible Church is a special group of believers that love the Lord, the Word, and want to reach the community and the world with the Gospel.
Sound good to you? Let me know by sending a resume and a video link to some of your worship leading to me, Pastor Phil Newby, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Link Below For Complete Job Description
YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
FOR NEW HARBOR CHURCH
· Must have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus
· Must show a faithful pursuit of the leadership characteristics listed in 1Tim. 3
· Must subscribe to the constitution and doctrinal statement of the church
· Must have a healthy knowledge of the gospel, and the Word of God
· Must possess an ability to connect with students and parents relationally
· Must possess organizational and administration abilities
· Weekly preaching to the Middle School and High School students
· Continued management and growth of the Small Group Ministry
· Recruiting and training the youth leaders
· Oversee the current campus outreach ministries, and continue to establish a stronger presence on all the surrounding campuses
· Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar
· Plan and execute our summer camp, and any other weekend retreats
· Effective and consistent communication with the parents of the students
· Preach and participate in Sunday morning worship services when asked
· Attend worship services, and other events of church as time allows
· Continued personal growth through conferences, reading, and networking
· Report to: The Lead Pastor, and the Elder over youth
Position(s) Supervised: Youth Leaders, and youth interns
· Salary and benefits will be based on experience
If interested, please feel free to email email@example.com or call/txt (925) 642-1516. Thank you 🙂