Blue Oaks Church was planted in 2012 with the mission and purpose of leading those in their community into Christ-centered living. Wherever people may be in their spiritual journey, the heart of this church is to see you experience the power of God’s love and grace, to grow in your faith through communities of small groups and to use your God-given skills and passions to meet the real needs of the people in the Tri-Valley and across the world.
Since those simple beginnings in 2012 the Lord has blessed the ministry of Blue Oaks in every way to a growing community of over 600. It is the goal of the the staff to create an irresistible environment for churched and unchurched people alike where they love attending and feel welcomed as they are. It’s in this spirit that Blue Oaks strives to create a strong sense of belonging and purpose within those who attend.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle school and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director wins when the ministry engages the next generation so they grow deeper maturity in Christ and when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them and influencing them with the message of God’s story.
The Student Ministry Director is a part of our Family Ministry team which is responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Family Ministry Director and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Lead the team of volunteers that are part of the Student Ministry team.
- Create engaging experiences for teens that move forward the mission and vision of Blue Oaks.
- Develop a culture that promotes and provides for a personal connection for every student to one or more leaders.
- Resource speakers and Large Group leaders to craft the message of Jesus into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for teens.
- Resource Small Group Leaders to create safe environments for teens to find community and grow spiritually.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Ensure that physical spaces are setup and utilized well to accomplish our mission.
- Act as Team Leader of the weekly Student Ministry environments.
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading occasional Family ministry-specific events.
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Leader of Leaders – Able to develop and lead volunteer teams who in turn lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized – Able to troubleshoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Highly Relational – Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Creative and Resourceful – Able to make content and physical spaces come to life.
- Team Player – Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.
If interested, please send a resume to Nancy McMillin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and complete the online application.
Hockessin United Methodist Church – Hockessin, DE
Student Ministries Director is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Senior Pastor with the responsibility for planning, leading and growing the student ministries at the Hockessin United Methodist Church (HUMC). This student minister will energize youth (6th-12th grades) with innovative ways to worship, fellowship and study scripture that leads them to a lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.
*Highly energetic and committed to youth ministry
*Training in Christian youth ministry or seminary experience
*Previous youth ministry and leadership experience required
*Strong leadership, planning and interpersonal skills
*Meets requirement for Safe Sanctuary(background check)
Full job description is available on Hockessin UMC website:
Compensation Package: $40,000-$45,000 annually plus monthly benefit allowance
Submit cover letter, resume and list of references to:
Job Title: Minister to Students
Reports to: Associate Minister
Job Classification: Full-time
Expected work hours per week: Full-time: 40 hours/week
Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree, including coursework from a theological Bible college, theological seminary, or comparable experience
The Minister to Students oversees Northway’s ministry to our 6-12th grade and college aged students as a part of the Northway ministerial team. Central to this role is to develop and implement a student ministry that grounds them in Christian faith and practice, disciples them in spiritual growth and empowers them to be a Christian in a post-Christian world. Equally important is assisting and empowering parents/guardians in raising their children to a spiritual awareness and maturity. In accomplishing this mission, the Minister to Students will work together with all other staff and leadership and will fully support all the ministries of Northway.
Skills and Qualifications
– A strong calling and a passionate heart for student ministry
– An enthusiastic communicator of Biblical truths
– Embrace the values/culture of Northway (www.northwaychristian.org)
– Work both independently and in a team environment with a servant heart
– Flexible, imaginative and able to improvise in a dynamic, evolving environment
– Eager to learn, grow and advance within the ministry as a spiritual role model
– Gifts of leadership, teaching, planning and administration
– Leadership experience at church camps
– Excellent communications skills including social media etiquette
– Innovative and proficient in the use of technology and social media platforms
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
– Responsible for discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, and leadership development of students from 6th to 12th grade and college students.
– Develop personal relationships with students and their parents.
– Oversee weekly meetings, Bible studies and special events by equipping leadership teams to accomplish the purposes of the student ministry.
– Execute program within budgetary requirements.
– Innovative change agent, inspiring the student community to embrace technology as a tool to amplify the objectives of the ministry and accelerate community service and outreach.
– Directly accountable to the Associate Minister and coordinates ministries with other adult leaders, pastoral staff, administrative staff members and parents.
We’re a diverse downtown Presbyterian church in a small town in Pennsylvania that has the best ice cream and bacon in the universe. As a church we strive to live into our vision to “share the heart of Christ from the heart of the city.” Our mission-oriented youth group has become multicultural and we find that diversity wonderful and challenging. Our young adult group is growing and meets weekly at a local pub and has great potential. We’re looking for a Jesus-loving, creative, energetic, mission-focused youth and young adult pastor who wants to help young people become devoted followers of Jesus Christ who love God and love neighbor. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications) and full benefits. Candidates must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, some experience in leading youth ministry (2+ years preferred) and be knowledgeable about resources, curriculum and best practices for leading youth ministry. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The full position description is available on request. We’d love to hear from you. Send your info to email@example.com
Presbyterian Church of Western Springs (PCWS) is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. PCWS has over 325 members with 100 people in attendance during Sunday worship with approximately 25 youth on the rolls. There has been much change in the staff at PCWS in the past few years and, with the arrival of a new called pastor last August, we are now working to rebuild our program staff to support the ongoing ministries and to creatively work to establish new ministries. This is an exciting time in the life of a congregation that has faithfully served the community for nearly 65 years.
PCWS has a long history of youth ministry for both middle school and high school students. Many of our adult members were once students in the youth programs and have had children graduate through the programs. This rich history provides both challenges and opportunities. Our next Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) will be tasked with supporting existing programs while also identifying ways that the program can be changed to fit current trends and philosophies of youth ministry. While many people are attached to “the way things have always been,” the candidate for this position will need to be sensitive to this while also confident enough to guide the congregation into the next chapter of innovative youth ministry at PCWS.
Working closely with the pastor, the candidate will design and implement programs for middle school and high school that focus on the following areas: faith formation/education, worship, fellowship, and mission. Weekly gatherings are expected to include elements of learning, worship, and fellowship (recognizing that there will be exceptions to this pattern). This will be new for many of the youth as they have been accustomed to a primary focus on fellowship/fun during monthly or twice-monthly gatherings. In addition to weekly youth group gatherings, separate opportunities for Bible study, fellowship, and mission will also need to be planned and executed. This includes a week-long high school mission trip.
The DYM will be expected to be in worship on Sunday mornings and assist in worship periodically while also encouraging the involvement of youth in worship leadership and in attendance. Currently, we offer Sunday School for middle school students twice a month. Our plan is to continue to do this with the DYM teaching one Sunday per month and a volunteer teaching the other.
As part of their approach to youth ministry, the DYM should consider building relationships with the youth of the church a top priority. This involves attending sporting events, performances, and other opportunities to show support to the youth, in addition to being available for conversation, counseling, and fun. The youth ministry components of this position are expected to be approximately 3/4 time. In order to make this position full-time, we are open to finding the right match between our needs and the skills/interests of the candidate.
Our priority is finding someone who is the right candidate for the DYM position, and after that, if full-time employment is desired by the candidate, we will discuss whether some combination of the following ministry areas would be appropriate for the candidate:
– Children’s Ministry (Sunday School coordination and planning and special events)
– Church Life
– Adult Education/Ministry
– Young Adult/College Ministry
This structure provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a youth ministry focus to explore other areas of interest and ministry. A final job description for the individual will be crafted with the candidate.
Based on the above description of the position, the ideal candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an enthusiastic and experienced youth worker with an ongoing passion for youth ministry. They should be able to work with limited supervision and require minimal administrative support. The candidate will be a partner in ministry with the Pastor, The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian, who started his call at PCWS in August 2018. This position is an opportunity to join the ministry team in the early stages with opportunities for significant input and leadership.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibility. While this position is not a called/installed position, ordained candidates or candidates in the Presbyterian Church (USA) ordination process are encouraged to contact us to discuss your interest and individual situation.
Learn more about our church and programs at presbyws.org and we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about the position and search, please contact The Rev. Erik Khoobyarian at 708-505-5409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Parkway Baptist Church, a moderate Baptist church in Arnold, Maryland, is seeking an experienced Student Minister to lead our children and youth ministries. An advanced degree in Ministry is preferred; a background in Education and prior paid Youth or Children’s ministry experience is required. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) at a salary of $36,000 per year. Resumes must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 4/26/19. For more information, visit our website – http://www.collegeparkwaybaptist.net.
Are you passionate about reaching and teaching students? Do you have a desire to invest in a city to have a significant spiritual impact on the lives of students, parents, and leaders?
If so, then Northside might be the place for you. Click here for a quick profile about our position!
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a contemporary church with about 1,300 in attendance on Sundays. The demographics around us are filled with elementary children and teenagers. Our desire is to engage this generation with the good news of Jesus and bring hope to families.
Overview: The Associate Director of Student Ministry is responsible for working alongside the Director of Student Ministry in carrying out the mission of discipling middle school and high school students (with a particular focus on young women) in a way that connects them with Christ and builds lifelong faith. This person will bring leadership in the coordination and implementation of the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
Specific Duties include:
1. Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Ministry with a commitment to fulfill the vision and goals for the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
2. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to plan and oversee various programs, events, and gatherings throughout the year. This can include being in charge of or helping with budgeting, gathering supplies, coordinating space and people, monitoring registration, communicating with parents and volunteers, teaching lessons, planning games, and promoting sign ups.
3. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to coordinate and recruit volunteers for the student ministry.
4. Take care of day-to-day administrative work which can include calendaring and scheduling, monitoring and handling payments and sign ups, occasional clerical duties, planning and preparing curriculum, and communication with parents and students.
5. Help attend to female specific ministry needs and be ready to have conversations with and mentor both parents and students as it relates to Christ and their faith.
6. Assist in the running of various social media accounts and posting relevant news and pictures to said accounts.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministry.
8. Most importantly connect with students and parents, build relationships, and be looking to constantly point people towards and push people closer to Christ.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a heart for students and children, willingness to be flexible and open to God’s call for you and this ministry.
All interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
Parkway Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Cumming, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director. Our primary (year-round) gathering times are Sunday mornings and evenings, as well as Wednesday evenings. Our Middle School students attend the Great Escape, and our Senior High students have a Mission trip each summer. We have a healthy and enthusiastic Youth Group of 40 students, as well as a dedicated group of wonderful volunteers.
Parkway is a Church of 200 members, strategically situated in the growing northern suburbs of Atlanta. We are looking for a mature and enthusiastic leader to shepherd our students into a deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
*Have an exemplary, deep and abiding love of Jesus
*Be gifted in building significant Christ-centered relationships with students and their families
*Be an excellent communicator—able to provide compelling, grace-filled, Biblical teaching, and wise counsel to our students
*Be committed to the EPC Essentials
*Be wise and humble, frank but gentle, fun but grounded
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit:
1. Your cover letter—Please let us know why you are interested in this position, tell us about your Youth Ministry experience, as well as any specific skills you may have (sports, music, etc.)
2. Your resume
The Student Ministry Director will have a passion for student ministry and work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch students into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Implement the Menlo Students strategy that draws students to Menlo Church and guides them into discipleship to Jesus
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly student worship experiences for a Wednesday evening program
- Oversee Student Ministry Life Groups
- Build a relational & effective Student Ministry Team, including student leaders, Life Group leaders, and a volunteer worship/tech team
- Plan and organize events and camps as needed
- Work collaboratively with other San Mateo campus staff for an integrated ministry to all ages
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 2 years of experience
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as, part of a team
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
…SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN PEOPLE