Portland Covenant Church, formerly Irvington Covenant Church, centrally located in Portland’s King neighborhood, is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries.
Portland Covenant Church is a 30-year-old urban, intentionally multi-ethnic and multi-generational church. Our vision is to glorify God and make disciples by creating a diverse community of love and justice in the city of Portland. We are called to participate in God’s holistic mission of reconciliation. We love God and we love people.
The ideal candidate for Director of Youth Ministries is self-motivated, organized, dependable, and ready to build a comprehensive ministry from the ground up. They will demonstrate high cross-cultural competency. They should be enthusiastic, friendly, and relate well with people of any age, race, and ability.
Portland Covenant is in year three of a Revitalization Agreement with the PacNW Conference and the ECC. Due to our high season of growth, we are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter.
The Director of Youth Ministries is a paid part-time (20 hours per week) bi-vocational position.
-Oversee the vision and direction of Youth Ministries including budgeting, curriculum, teaching materials, developing servanthood and leadership programs, planning and organizing church activities, and establishing youth groups.
-Provide spiritual care to youth, families, and volunteers.
-Foster seamless communication with families.
-Curate monthly email to families/caregivers of participating youth.
-Oversee Youth Ministry volunteers.
-Recruit, train, develop, and schedule volunteers.
-Develop and lead a core team. Lead meetings regularly.
-Pray for, encourage, and spiritually lead volunteers.
-Celebrate volunteer contributions.
-Complete background checks for all volunteers.
-Uphold safety of youth and volunteers.
-Maintain Transportation Waivers and permission slips for all external activities. -Complete and maintain Incident Reports.
-Participate in Discipleship Classes and Sunday Services.
-Attend weekly Staff Meetings and annual Staff Retreat,
-Attend Youth Ministry conferences and Student Ministry Training.
Biblical training and/or education
Child development/care, training, and/or education
Certification in First Aid, CPR, DHS, Child Abuse training
Familiarity with Special Needs children, Youth w/IEP, 504 plans
Successful track record of developing, planning and executing directions/activities with minimal supervision
Recruiting and coordinating volunteers
Job Type: Part-time
Youth Ministry Coordinator (PT)
Direct Report to Family Ministries Pastor
Pay Range: $400-$600 per week (20 hours), commensurate to experience
NOTE: The YMC position has the potential to grow into a full-time position with the achievement of key milestones.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will work with the Family Ministry Pastor to implement a cohesive ministry plan for our 6th-12th grade students.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about youth ministry, a team player, willing to have fun, and help create an engaging environment. You must be a mature Christian (preferably post college).
The youth ministry coordinator will be expected to lead the following tasks:
· Lead Sunday morning youth Sunday School including organizing and supporting the Sunday School volunteers
· Lead Sunday evening youth group activities
· Recruit and retain volunteers
· Administrative duties such as: keeping student data up to date, reporting data, tracking attendance, developing promotional materials, and updating the Youth Ministry social media.
· Organize and execute special events and activities for the youth
· Communicate in a timely manner with youth, parents, and volunteers on all things related to youth ministry at Broadmoor.
· Other duties as assigned by the Family Ministry Pastor.
To apply, submit your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, a resumé, and three references. Everything can be submitted to Brad Waggonerfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Barefoot Student Ministries is sharing the love of God with over 100 middle and high school students each week. Barefoot is a ministry of First United Methodist Church of Mount Dora whose mission is “Loving God, Loving Others.” The ministry needs a new dynamic, spiritual leader to guide its youth and young adults as they grow in faith.
This full-time position as the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries receives a livable salary and benefits. No pumpkin patch fundraisers. Youth ministry experience and passion for students is required. To apply, visit the website at www.mtdorafumc.org, send their resume to First United Methodist Church, Attn: Janet Westlake, 440 E. Sixth Ave., Mount Dora, FL, 32757 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Youth Pastor: Mercer Creek Church | Ellensburg, WA
Mission: The mission of Mercer Creek exists to advance God’s Kingdom by loving Jesus and making disciples.
We’re not on anyone’s map. You’ve never heard of us. You might admire our denomination, but you don’t know us.
Why? We are a micropolitan area in the middle of Washington (in fact, we rank #18 on all such
areas in the nation). We are a small college town surrounded by hay (it is the largest agriculture here). You’ve never heard of our town. You’ve never heard of our college.
We have rivers to fish and float on. We have mountains to snowboard, ski and snowmobile on.
We have hills to horseback ride, hunt, and hike on. We have four seasons. We have space, no traffic, and access to God’s beauty at our fingertips.
You can drive over the mountains and have all the city and busy you want. When you want it.
Our church is special. It almost died forty years ago, and today it is thriving. No weird internal politics. No odd beliefs. No big staff issues. No debt. We follow Jesus, love each other, and long to love our neighbor as ourselves. Sure, we may be the biggest church in town, but it’s not over the top. It’s hospitable. Healthy. Eager to grow. We are going to start more churches because more is better than bigger.
You know what we need: a high school pastor. Someone who knows how to build a ministry. Someone who has a passion in teenagers. Someone who will teach kids to fall in love with the God of the Universe. They need someone who will keep the main thing the main thing. They need a leader who will be around for a while and really invest.
Here’s what’s crazy: there is support, huge volunteer potential, and zero competition in this town. We have 300-400 college students who are part of our church community. We have 100 middle school students who are growing Jesus followers. But what we are lacking is a thriving high school ministry led by someone who knows how to establish culture and move students
into depth with Jesus.
This church wants to invest in the next generation—that drives us! In this next year we will be remodeling the youth center into a gym and establishing a new worship center primarily for youth.
We are going to do what it takes to find the right leader. We won’t settle. We need someone who God has gifted to oversee this entrepreneurial effort. We need the right person, who will do the right work.
Interested? Check out http://www.mercercreek.org
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Director of Youth Ministries
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Hours: Maintain full-time schedule with flexible hours meeting youth program needs, be present to assist and participate Sunday mornings during at least one worship service and the Sunday school hour.
Supervises: Employees and volunteers of youth ministries.
Objective: The Director of Youth Ministries supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values by overseeing the ongoing development of a vital United Methodist youth ministries program and offering spiritual guidance for junior and senior high youth.
Summary: The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for youth fellowship programs and youth mission activities that guide youth as they grow spiritually as disciples of Christ. The Director shall assist in the recruiting, training, and supervising of employees and volunteers for youth ministries. In partnership with the Church’s pastors, staff, members of the congregation, junior and senior high youth and their families, the Director will work to develop and implement programming that equips youth to become leaders within the church and their community.
Directing and Coordinating Youth Related Ministries
1. Visioning and setting goals
• Develop and implement the goals for youth ministry that support the Church’s mission in alignment with the following areas: Discipleship, Fellowship, Mission/Service, Evangelism, Welcome, Leadership, and Church
2. Program Coordination and Administration
• Administer a complete junior and senior high youth program including but not limited to weekly youth fellowship activities, Confirmation, mission/service opportunities
• Coordinate and schedule all events relating to youth ministries
• Coordinate youth involvement in the Rummage Sale and other fundraisers and serve as one of the chairs for the Rummage Sale
• Coordinate, teach, and oversee youth Sunday school, Wednesday evening youth gatherings, and other discipleship opportunities for youth
• Work closely with student leaders (Youth Cabinet) to develop them into strong Christian leaders
• Develop and work within a youth budget
3. Coordinate Adult Volunteers
• Recruit, train, supervise, provide resources for, and communicate with volunteer adults to be youth leaders and mentors
Connection and Communication
1. With Youth
• Coordinate various youth communications
• Oversee the content of the youth page on the church website and other social media
• Produce a calendar of events
• Make appropriate announcements at worship services when necessary
2. With Adults and Families
• Keep key adults and parents of the Church informed of the youth ministry through letters, phone calls, personal visits, email
3. With Congregation of Church
• Work with staff to inform youth of vital opportunities for service, worship, and education within the church
• Work with staff to inform the church of vital opportunities for service, worship, and education within youth ministries
4. With District and Conference
• Participate in and encourage youth involvement in local, district, conference, and national United Methodist events
Accountability to Wesley Staff
1. Attend weekly staff meetings
2. Keep others informed of scheduled office hours as work is often flexible due to evening and weekend youth commitments
3. Perform other duties as may become necessary in the team ministry of the Church and assigned by Associate Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee
Personal Growth and Self-Care
1. Seek and maintain time and activities for personal spiritual renewal and growth
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Education Requirements
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with youth and adults
• Enthusiasm, desire, energy, and stamina for working with youth
• Effective administrative and organizational skills
• Willing to support and instruct United Methodist Church beliefs and practices
• Professional training and/or experience in the following:
– Biblical and theological training
– Adolescent psychology (college coursework or equivalent)
– Working with junior and senior high age level
– Interpersonal relationship building
– Christian education
– Leadership training
• Exhibit professional skills, appearance, and conduct
• Commitment to continuing education for personal and professional development and growth
• Knowledge of basic computer skills, including:
– Word processing
– Internet and email
– Social media and texting
Additional Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter addressing your experience to Pastor Justin Iverson at 309.827.8046 or email@example.com.
Creekside Church in Cumming, GA is looking for their next Minister to Students and Families. This person will be responsible for the oversight and direction of both junior high and high school ministries. This person will lead both student and adult leaders in Biblical training and discipleship. Our student ministry will also build relationships with parents that equip them to build Christ-centered relationships with their children.
North Georgia is a wonderful place to live and raise a family, with ten National Blue Ribbon schools in our county. We are close enough to Atlanta to experience big city life, but also close to the North Georgia mountains and minutes away from Lake Lanier. Our community is rapidly growing and a vibrant place to live.
One of the key priorities for the Minister to Students and Families is to cast a vision and create a plan to reach students in our area. With a high school adjacent to our campus, there is a great opportunity for our church to be a haven for students. We want this person to be involved in the lives of our students and their families on a regular basis. Volunteer leaders are a large part of this ministry and key to the success of reaching our students.
We’re looking for a relational leader with a strong work ethic, who has a passion for reaching students and sharing the love of Jesus with them.
Does this sound like the kind of culture you’d like to serve in? Start by sending in your resume and adding your profile here
[Creekside Church is working with Chemistry Staffing to help us find great candidates for this position. Please start your journey with us using the link above.]
This position will work with the Youth Ministry Director to give organizational leadership to Calvary Youth Ministries. Our Youth Ministry Assistant will aid in the strategic planning processes of the Youth Ministry, help plan and organize weekly gatherings and special events within the Youth Ministry, mentor our students in both group and individual settings, work with the YM Director to guide students through our teaching checkpoints, assist in running weekly Friday chapels at Calvary Christian School, and occasionally assist in Youth Ministry related communication efforts. As a member of the Calvary Ministry Team our Youth Ministry Assistant will report directly to the Youth Ministries Director but will be supported in working alongside and encouraging all members of the Ministry Team. The Youth Ministry Assistant will also need to relate to unchurched youth, as well as those who have become overly familiar to church, striving to help make the Youth Ministry fun, approachable, and instilling depth of a personal faith in all youth that attend.
The ideal candidate will have considerable student ministry experience or ministry leadership experience. A college level degree is not required for this position.
Characteristics & Qualifications
• Clearly communicates a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Be committed to lead others to develop a personal walk with God.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
• Natural organizational competency and a keen eye for details.
• A solid understanding of modern culture.
• A proactive, rather than reactive, attitude and spirit.
• Ability to lead students in discussion scenarios
• Ability to exercise spiritual discernment and good judgment.
• A high aptitude for constant learning.
• Someone who excels at flexibility and embraces the challenges that come with the ever-changing world of Church life.
• Someone who is a team player.
• Someone with a great sense of humor.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Shown ability to organize and lead worship environments for varying ages
• Skill in graphic design and creative arts
• Proficiency in public speaking
• Able to use and communicate via social media and applicable technology.
• Affinity for binge-watching shows on varying streaming outlets
Hours: 15-25 Per Week
Find out more information about Calvary at calvarypalisades.org
To lead the Grace Crossing Church (GCC) student ministry in discipling both students and families aligned to our Vision, Mission and Values.
Connect with Middle School and High School students
Communication/teaching skills to students and adults
Competency in Worship or Media a plus
Growing in our Vision, Mission and Values – Emotionally Healthy Spirituality/Oneness
Conflict/Crisis resolution skills
Heart for Missions
Responsible for the Weekly Operations of the ministry in the following ways…
- Organize and implement a comprehensive spiritual development pathway (i.e. faith milestones) for Middle School, High School students and Young Adults.
- Recruit and develop volunteers/leaders to assist the student ministries.
- Provide leadership training and parent training designed to coordinate effective discipleship to youth.
- Coordinate and maintain background checks on all volunteers and workers who work with youth.
- Planning monthly events and activities calendar.
Responsible for leadership development of the ministry in the following ways…
- Plan and implement regular leadership team meetings.
- Plan and implement a one-on-one with staff to focus on ministry goals and leadership development.
Responsible for the student discipleship of the ministry in the following ways…
- Identify, train and disciple key student leaders and families.
- Identify, train and disciple adult small group leaders who disciple students and families.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Pastor of Discipleship Formation
Provide oversight for high school ministries and coordination with the middle school and college ministries.
Candidate will have a strong commitment to Wesleyan theologyand biblical orthodoxy as well as a proven track record for beingeager and willing to build disciples who are committed to Jesus Christ, to the church, and to the work of Christ in the world. This includes but is not limited to:
• Teaching, discipling, and nurturing students through biblical instruction that builds a biblical worldview and develops Christian values and lifestyle.
• Staying in touch with the ever-changing youth culture.
• Programming that ministers to the whole person (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual).
• Evangelistic ministry on school campuses as permitted in our area.
• Leading or participating in student outreach and mission-oriented opportunities or trips.
• Being available for formal and informal social relationships with students.
• Participating in and administering the calling/follow-up of students whose attendance is non-regular.
• Organize weekly student activities and events.
Staff and volunteer leadership:
Will supervise staff, interns and volunteer leaders for ministry tostudents and recruit those individuals as needed.
This will involve:
• Providing opportunities for their spiritual growth and the identification/development of their spiritual gifts.
• Assisting them in identifying needs and establishing goals for student ministry.
• Being responsive to their questions regarding biblical truth and student behavior as related to Christian living, social interaction, human sexuality and discipleship.
• Being aware of current developments in materials, curriculum, media, social media, etc.
• Encouraging them to attend conferences and other training opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
• Build open and honest communication between parents and teens.
This will include:
• Clearly communicating your student ministry philosophy, teaching topics, goals, and coming activities frequently through regular meetings or electronic communication.
• Being available for personal consultation.
• Providing opportunity for training in parent/teen relationships.
Leadership, and Congregation:
Participate in the overall life of the church to gain personal spiritual enrichment and build a closer relationships with God and each other. This will involve:
• Time for personal study and prayer aimed at continuing one’s own personal growth and equipping for ministry.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and retreats.
• Attendance at regularly scheduled services of the church and participating in the leadership roles assigned for that function.
• Participation in student or leadership conferences for personal enrichment.
• Assisting other pastoral staff as time permits and as one’s gifts allow.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s required (Christian Education or Bible major helpful, but not necessary). Seminary degree strongly preferred. Candidate will have previous experience in a full-time position with a growing ministry in a large (500+ attendance) church, large staff setting, a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and an intense desire to seestudents grow spiritually and:
• Demonstrate effectiveness as a disciple maker.
• Have strong organizational/communication skills.
• Possess spiritual giftedness in the areas of leadership and teaching.
• Display a learning posture, flexibility, cooperation, servanthood and evidence of being self-motivated and willing to work within a team ministry.
Located in Lexington, Centenary is one of the largest United Methodist churches in Kentucky (3000+ membership). It has a long history of tremendous ministry in a growing area of the city on the edge of the campus of the University of Kentucky. We host highly rated outreaches to families including The CentenarySchool, the Centenary School of Music and a large sports ministry, IAM3rd which has almost 2000 students in various sporting activities and teams. We have a very high commitment to reaching individuals and families for Jesus Christ across the ocean and across the street.
Salary: $43-47k (Depending upon Experience) + Benefits
Please send resume by July 20 to:
Janna Melton c/oCentenary United Methodist Church 2800 Tates Creek Road Lexington, KY 40502
The Director of Youth Ministries is a part time (10-20 hour a week) position responsible for planning, organizing, and promoting opportunities and events for students to connect with each other, our volunteers, as well as the rest of the congregation through inter-generational activities. This person should have a passion for church unity that extends across different departments within FUMC. There is a possibility for full-time employment if the applicant has other skills/attributes that the church desires to employ. Go to http://fumchallsville.org/home/apply-for-our-jobs for more info.