HIGH SCHOOL PASTOR, STUDENT MINISTRIES
Vineyard Cincinnati Church is passionate about loving the people of Cincinnati into a relationship with Jesus, by doing small things with great love. Vineyard Cincinnati Church values generosity, serving, growth, acceptance, being together, and worship. God has given the Vineyard a mission in Cincinnati for the expansion of His Kingdom and the people of the church are excited and eager to fulfill this mission.
The High School Pastor will provide leadership, discipleship, administration, and oversight for all aspects of the ministry for 9th-12th grades and oversight for the entire Student Ministry Staff Team (including the Middle School Pastor) while working in concurrence with the overall mission, vision, values, and strategies of Vineyard Cincinnati Church.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about introducing the faith to students and discipling others in leading those students to develop their faith. This person is experienced, a leader, administratively capable, and a vision-caster. This candidate enjoys working on a team and investing in the people around them.
- Act as the 1st contact for students, parents, volunteers, families within your span of care.
- Lead as the primary teaching pastor for this ministry area.
- Work closely with the NextGen staff and volunteers to create safe, excellent, and effective events, experiences, & environments that encourage students to take a next step in their faith.
- Develop and execute effective ministry plans for events, experiences, environments that engage/retain and encourage real-life faith application for high school students.
- Provide direct oversight of scope and sequence for all High School Ministry curriculum. This includes production, worship, and tech pieces needed to support and enhance the curriculum.
- Recruit and develop volunteer teams. Cast a compelling vision, disciple, and create a healthy team culture. Create an emerging leadership culture within the teams you lead.
- Intentionally invest in relationship building with high school students, coaches, and small group leaders through contact work. Train your coaches and small group leaders to do the same.
- Inform and direct to intentional activities that foster adolescent pathways to spiritual growth: serving, baptism classes, small groups, high school experiences, next-step classes, classes for their parents, etc. Actively follow up with students who give their life to Christ and point them to a next step.
- Work closely with the NextGen team to better partner with parents cultivating a positive image and creating events, experiences, and environments that parents will support without reservation.
- Establish and maintain consistent and effective communication with students, parents, volunteers and VCC staff.
- Create and manage all High School Ministry content posted on social media.
- Develop and manage a ministry-area budget, managing expenditures focused on proper stewardship and ensuring a variance of 0% or less except as directed by Executive Pastor
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Student Ministry or related
- Required Experience: 5 years minimum in student ministry
Graduate Resident Youth Minister-TN, TX, MS, AL, KY, LA, GA, FL
Do you have a desire to make a lasting impact on young people? Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through CYMT’s partner seminary, Austin Theological Seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Nashville, TN and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program, with discounts for early acceptance (Nov 15).
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church/camping ministry
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Desire to work in youth or children’s ministry in a variety of avenues: church ministry, nonprofit ministry, camping ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
Apply online at www.cymt.org/graduate-residency/
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal), transcripts, photo, proof of insurance, complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: March 15
Center for Youth Ministry Training Office: 615.823.7595
Tiffany Malone, Residency Support Coordinator: email@example.com
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Covenant Bible Fellowship is a small church plant of the Bible Fellowship Church in Naples FL. We are looking for a young man that would like to partner with us as we develop a ministry at CBF for youth and children. There will be a base grant offered. However, there will also be the possibility to raise additional support through our denomination. The Bible Fellowship Church is an historic denomination with roots going back to the mid-1800’s. We are looking for a candidate that would be like-minded in his understanding of Reformed Theology. We hold to the Doctrines of Grace and would want you to as well. This internship would be a minimum of 15 hrs a week and no more than 20. Your initial commitment would be six months with an option to move on staff upon evaluation and reaching goals. If you are interested let’s have a conversation. Please send us your resume and a cover letter if interested. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to call if you are interested. You can reach us at (239) 910-0766.
Associate Director of Youth Ministry
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (www.prumc.org) is a large, active, and growing traditional church (~1,700 in weekly attendance) in the Buckhead community of Atlanta. The community is a fast growing commercial and residential center. The church is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministry to join our amazing youth ministry team. The ideal candidate will feel a call to youth ministry and have a passion for educating young people with Wesleyan theology consistent with the United Methodist Church. We are looking for a self-starting team player. This position requires 3-5 years of youth ministry experience including recruiting and leading volunteers and planning and executing trips and events.
The church is committed to developing its leaders and supports this position with a salary commensurate with experience/education and a very good benefits package. There will also be opportunities for further professional development including participation in various conferences and other learning activities throughout the year.
Each youth ministry staff member has particular responsibilities but we frequently work together for the good of the cause.
Essential Job Functions
· Confirmation Director – The confirmation program at PRUMC is a year-long program for 6th graders. Class size averages 85 students. The confirmation director will recruit and lead an adult teaching team and a team of youth-age leaders. They will coordinate the curriculum, teaching schedule, plan and coordinate an annual retreat, and coordinate Confirmation Sunday.
· Trip Logistics – This position takes the lead on trip logistics for the youth ministry. Responsibilities include coordination with vendors and partners, transportation, registration, budgeting, etc. The youth ministry coordinates approximately 6 trips a year.
· Youth Leadership Team – Take the lead in growing and developing the youth leadership team at PRUMC.
· Trip leader – Responsible for female youth during local and global missions. This includes sharing accommodations with and providing guidance and counseling to 6th – 12th grade girls.
· Other duties as required.
At PRUMC, we are a team that seeks to challenge each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
Leads with integrity, establishes credibility, and shows an unwavering commitment to PRUMC’s mission.
Proactive problem solver who can follow through on competing assignments and projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
· College degree preferred, but comparable work experience accepted.
· 3-5 years of youth ministry experience.
· Proficient in all forms of communication. Effective with one on one conversations as well as large audience presentations.
· Must have a history of being very organized and able to balance multiple projects at once.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to Julie Harrison, email@example.com.
Covenant Grove Church is looking for a godly and gifted man or woman to lead our Youth and Media ministries. Covenant Grove is an 11-year-old, growing church plant in Modesto, California. We are a multigenerational church and intentional about reaching the next generation with Christ. We have about 375 people on a Sunday morning, and 20-30 Youth midweek (10-15 middle school and 10-15 high school).
We are looking for a person who has a magnetic, vibrant, and growing love for Jesus Christ that overflows into genuine love for youth and young adults. He or she must be a great communicator and encourager, self-motivated and a good motivator, organized and able to see big picture, and able to handle tasks and delegation well. The ability to handle multiple tasks with great follow through is a must. We are looking for someone who is hard working, self-disciplined and faithful, with a great attitude, servant’s heart, and teachable spirit. He or she must also be able to grow ministry, work with teams, and develop leaders. A college degree (preferably ministry related) and at least three years of ministry experience are strongly preferred. This is a full time, paid position.
Our Youth Pastor will be involved primarily in our Middle School and High School, as well as leading another key ministry areas (media, production, Sunday Morning “flow”, etc.) He or she will serve as an Associate Pastor, teaching and communicating with the entire church family, and helping move the Vision of the church forward. You will be part of our pastoral team and must be able to see the biblical Vision that truly fuels all we do for the Kingdom. We commit to invest in you, support you, and stretch you in your ministry vision, skills and calling.
Covenant Grove Church exists through the power of God to transform religious and irreligious people into Fully Devoted Followers of Christ.
Our key values (around which we shape all ministry) are:
- Discipleship – loving God and growing closer to Him in devotion, prayer, obedience, study, and worship.
- Fellowship – loving the Family of God, connected through Jesus Christ and deeply committed to caring for and serving each other.
- Mission – loving a lost, needy, and hurting world – reaching out in the Spirit’s power to bring people home to God and meeting needs.
It is our passion to see Covenant Grove be a place where the Kingdom of God is alive, active, growing, and radically impacting the world.
- Have a strong personal walk with God. Pray regularly for Covenant Grove Church, our people, and those we are trying to reach. Have a prayer support team of at least 5 people who will commit to pray for you personally, every day. Personally grow in your faith through a strong devotional life, obedience, and study.
- Lead the Youth and Media Ministries of Covenant Grove through the Vision of the church – leading people closer to Christ through a life of personal devotion and prayer, strong and regular communication, encouragement, godly relationships, leadership development, and a growing and dynamic program.
Lead the Media Ministry in our church, including web, video, social media, and more. Have your communication in on time and clearly communicate Vision and momentum. Find new ways (social media, video, t-shirts, etc.) to grow excitement and joy. Build momentum and a sense of anticipation, celebration, excitement, movement, purpose, and vision.
- Disciple youth around the key habits of our church. Have godly relationships with leaders and parents. Grow godly and healthy relationships with students. Have a level of pastoral care for your entire ministry without favoritism. Invest in the invested and create a discipleship culture that lives out mission and fellowship. Pour into leaders who can have godly relationships with students.
- Lead a team of volunteers in excellent ministry. Empower, develop and encourage others to do ministry as a team. Raise up leaders who love the Lord and embrace the Vision, and can expand the ministry. Meet regularly with your leaders and Recruit new leaders into ministry.
- Communicate the biblical Vision of God as a pastor. Teach the word with conviction. Ensure your lessons are based on the Bible and have a curriculum plan for the year. Center your Vision and relationships on God’s voice in Scripture, and seek to grow a culture of loyalty to the Lord.
- Communicate regularly to students, leaders, parents, staff, office, and church.
- The weekly program will include relationship time, games (in Youth), worship, biblical teaching and groups – done with depth, high energy, and encouraging relationships. Your ministry is expected to grow numerically as people draw closer to the Lord. You also must create bridges between Sunday morning and Youth Group, and work to draw families into the church.
- Have monthly events for Youth that grow the values of Discipleship, Fellowship, and Mission, and grow momentum in the ministry. This will include 2-3 bigger events per year for each group, including Winter Camp and a mission trip (for HSM).
- Create a culture of fun and encouragement that is centered on Christ. Create and sustain momentum and anticipation with students and families looking forward to times together. Encourage students as they struggle and go through hard times. Center your encouragement on the Lord.
- Complete or oversee all administration and organization for your ministry area, including the database and attendance. Be organized and empower others to organize with you. Ensure a sense of organization and direction around the Vision. Create systems for growth.
- Serve the larger church as needed, as part of a staff team. This will include events and office tasks. Grow to care for the larger church family as a pastor on staff. You will also be asked to preach 3-4 times per year.
- Serve the church in an Associate role. This will be leading a ministry area in the church as a whole, using your gifts to drive the church forward. This area will most likely be in the area of communication and technology, but the final determination will be by you and the Lead Pastor.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor for prayer, training, vision, communication and planning. Attend the staff meetings of our church. You will also be asked to occasionally attend the Leadership Team meetings of our church.
Compensation and Ministry Benefits
- This is a full-time (50+ hours per week) ministry position. You will be asked to communicate your schedule, hours, and days off, and you will honor your Sabbath and rest times.
- You will have 10 paid vacation days and 9 paid holidays per year. Because we want you to be rested and full of life, vacation and holiday time does not accrue. Vacation needs to be approved and coordinated with the Lead Pastor. 2 days per year added until you reach 20 vacation days total. You will not miss more than 4 Sundays per year.
- We want you to have a healthy lifestyle – spiritual, emotional, physical, relationships, etc – with a rhythm of life that can be followed.
- We ask that you be licensed in the Covenant and keep your license in good standing.
- Upon hire, we will enter into a 90-day trial period during which time either the employee or the employer may determine that this is not an ideal hire for any reason. This will include an initial evaluation at 30 days.
- You will have a review twice a year.
- You will be reimbursed for budgeted and approved ministry expenses. There is no mileage reimbursement, but you may log and deduct your miles.
- This position includes pension (12.5%) and family healthcare, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Leadership growth and training opportunities are encouraged and available as funds allow. Attendance at the Thrive Conference and PSWC Celebration are very important, as well as connecting with other Covenant (and non-Covenant) ministers serving in your same position.
- The greatest benefit by far is the opportunity to serve in a healthy church with a great ministry team, where God is moving and the church is growing. We are committed to investing in your leadership and growth.
The First United Methodist Church, San Angelo, Texas is a traditional and historical downtown church that is heavily invested in raising up bold and godly young leaders. We are currently seeking an experienced, spirit-led individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to lead robust youth mission and ministry programs. Our youth programs are vibrant and growing thanks to years of strong investment from the congregation, community, and a history of faithful leadership.
The ideal candidate has the right balance of experience, commitment, passion and vision for developing godly leaders. If you or someone you know are ready to take your youth ministry calling to the next level, we want to hear from you. Are you ready for what’s next? https://firstmethodist.net/ministries/youth/
Living Faith Fellowship
Youth Intern – POSITION DESCRIPTION
The primary ministry focus will be working with the Junior High and Senior High youth (15 hours/week) in partnership with, and under the supervision of, the Associate Pastor (AP) to help students develop a healthy, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Church by establishing an effective, discipling, safe and spirited environment for spiritual formation and growth.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elders through the Associate Pastor (AP). The Youth Intern will meet weekly with the AP, and as needed with the Senior Pastor to review goals and debrief completed events. The Youth Intern’s job and ministry performance will be reviewed and evaluated by the and AP and Senior Pastor
I. Be an active Christian with a heart for youth and the community.
II. Be working towards or having completed a degree with an emphasis in Christian Education, Youth Ministries, Biblical and Theological Studies or similar.
III. Be a minimum age eighteen (18).
IV. Have a life that is an example of a mature and growing Christian.
Inherent to any ministry position is a varying schedule of hours and responsibilities each week.
I. Junior High and Senior High Ministry:
Work with the Associate Pastor and as needed with the Senior Pastor
Establishing and evaluating long range goals and vision for the ministry
Attend weekly mentoring meetings with the AP and Senior Pastor (as needed)
Assist with weekly and special meetings through participation including
Planning and executing assigned events
Review and evaluate weekly and special events to report to the AP
Weekly events include, but are not limited to Youth Group (Wed. evenings)
Special meetings include, but are not limited to, community service outreach, camps, overnights, and fundraising events.
Establish relationship with the students and their families by
Making regular contact with students
Communicating with the student’s family as needed or warranted
Creating intentional relationship building opportunities within and outside of the program with students (example: taking a student out to coffee)
Coordinate the work of Youth ministry with the rest of the Church ministry by
Meeting weekly with the Associate Pastor
Meeting as needed with the Senior Pastor
Communicating clearly with office staff regarding the schedule of Youth events both special and weekly.
Integrate into the life of the Church at Living Faith by participating regularly in worship and attending other Church meetings and functions as warranted or needed.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Family and Worship Art Director (Full Time)
Living Hope Wesleyan Church (www.lhwc.org)
Who We Are
We exist to demonstrate and offer the Living Hope of Jesus to our community and to our world. (1 Peter 1:3-4)
Living Hope Wesleyan Church is looking to add a Full-Time team member to join us in an exciting season by ministering with families and the worship arts. The Families and Worship Arts Director will develop and oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their families. This individual will also provide leadership and oversight to the music and technology teams.
A little bit about Living Hope Church
Living Hope Church is a 17 year old Wesleyan Church (www.wesleyan.org) located in Madison, South Dakota, which is a part of the Northwest District of the Wesleyan Church.
A little bit about Madison, SD
Madison (City Data – Chamber Page) is a family, University (Dakota State University – DSU), farming and manufacturing town located in Eastern South Dakota. K-12 School district (Madison Central); Christian School (Madison Christian)
For a full job description or if you believe you’d be a great addition to our team and community, please email your resume, cover letter and sample (video preferred) of you speaking/teaching and a sample of you leading music to email@example.com
The Director of Youth Faith Formation will develop programming for youth, grades 6th – 12th, to communicate with families with students, and to work closely with church staff, Youth Council, and other groups at First United Methodist Church San Angelo.
The director is responsible for developing and enhancing programming for youth aimed at creating “disciples of Jesus Christ.” This includes Sunday school, Sunday Worship opportunities, Sunday Night Programming, and midweek programming as needed. Participation and communication with local schools, special events, and contests is highly recommended.
First United Methodist Church of San Angelo is a bible-believing traditional, evangelical body of believers in a growing town of 100k. The church has a rich tradition in missions and evangelism and is focused on making disciples of Jesus Christ and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28).
Job Description: Associate Pastor of Youth
The mission of the Associate Pastor of Youth is to support the teaching ministries and shepherd the congregation of First Baptist Church, lead and have direct teaching involvement in the youth ministry and oversee all children’s ministries of First Baptist Church.
A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline is preferred or pastoral ministry experience may be substituted in lieu of formal degree.
A minimum of two years of experience in pastoral ministry with responsibilities in education, discipleship, and pastoral care is preferred.
Skills preferred: teaching, curriculum development, group facilitation, discipleship, public speaking, people management, program management, and leadership.
Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12): Provide oversight, leadership, and participation in all aspects of the Youth Ministry (this includes volunteer recruitment)
● High school ministry
o Develop a scope and sequence for the high school teaching ministry
o Teach Wednesday night Bible Study
o Teach Sunday School
o Organize and execute service opportunities and activities
o Provide counseling and discipleship to students and families as needed
o Equip students and lead them to participate in outreach to the community
o Organize and execute a plan to encourage and equip teens for ministry; including ministry trips
● Junior High Ministry
o Oversee the Junior High ministry and participate as needed
o Help develop or find curriculum
o Recruit volunteers
o Provide oversight and discipleship to leaders
o Equip students and lead them to participate in outreach to the community
Children’s Ministry (Infants – Grade 6): Provide oversight, leadership and development of the children’s ministries of First Baptist Church in order to assist families in evangelizing, discipling and training children
● Awana oversight
o Provide guidance and supervision for the Awana program
o Assist in volunteer recruitment and development
o Oversee the budget
● Children’s Church
o Maintain a scope and sequence for teaching materials
o Recruit, disciple and equip teachers
● Recruit and equip ministry leaders to plan and execute a yearly Vacation Bible School program
● Sunday School oversight, including Christmas program
● Oversee Nursery and Toddlers staffing and programming
Pastoral Care and Administration:
● Individual accountability meetings with recent graduates
● Weddings and pre-marital counseling as needed
● Preaching as needed
● Participate in staff, deacon and elder meetings
● Participate as needed in annual committees, such as Nominating Committee, Budget Committee, etc.