Athens First United Methodist Church is a 200 year old congregation , that is reaching the 21st Century with the Good News of Christ. We are looking for a Youth Director to lead our youth ministry forward. The ideal candidate will have a strong Christian faith, proven experience in leading youth and working with volunteers.
This person will be responsible to:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive ministry that includes discipleship, spiritual formation, Bible studies, small groups, retreats, service to the church, missions (local and international), spiritual and personal growth opportunities and community building programs for youth grades 6th-12th.
- Support youth in the transition from middle school to high school to college/young adult life, and provide opportunities to keep them engaged in the journey of faith.
- Build relationships, visiting youth at high school, middle school and other school and community youth-related events.
- Assist the other church ministries as needed.
- Job Type: Full-time;
- Job Title: Youth Director;