Bear Creek Baptist Church
Status: Full-time, Salaried with benefits
Reports to: Ministries Pastor
- Bear Creek is a diverse, contemporary church situated in the fast-growing area of west Houston, Cypress, and Katy with an average weekly attendance of 2,350.
- The Student Minister works under the direction of the Ministries Pastor and in close cooperation with lead staff to implement the vision of Bear Creek Church throughout the Student Ministry.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- A high value for reaching students growing a strong student ministry.
- Lead the Student Ministry staff to develop a team environment that is collaborative and creative bringing high energy to the ministry.
- Provide leadership that promotes creative ideas and biblical teaching throughout Student Groups, Worship, and other events.
- Administrative duties include strategic planning and implementation of the Student Ministry calendar and budget to support a comprehensive ministry program for students.
- Commitment to spiritual community in the work environment
- Possessing skills in organization, personal productivity, and planning
- Highly relational
- Skilled communicator in small and large settings
- Able to effectively cast vision
- Excellence in leading/coaching multiple staff
- Decision maker with a high value for detailed implementation
- Strong ability to recruit, develop and encourage leaders and volunteers
- Ministry guided by biblical principles
- Servant-heart for staff, volunteers and members of the congregation
- Agrees with Bear Creek Church’s philosophy for ministry
- Above all, a Christ-centered life
- Constant commitment to growing spiritually
- Call to serve the Church in Student ministry
- Meets the 1 Timothy 3 qualifications
Education, Theology and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (Christian education in ministry, theology or related field a plus)
- Strong understanding of and commitment to conservative evangelical theology
- Minimum of five years’ experience (full-time) in similar or related church ministry roles