Broadway United Methodist Church, in Paducah, KY is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. Current participation includes 25-30 youth who gather weekly for small groups and Sunday school, are active in the Memphis Conference (including Lakeshore), and engage in mission and outreach. Located in the heart of a downtown community, this is an exciting opportunity to build relationships and equip students to know and share God’s love.
Some responsibilities include:
- Developing and overseeing programming for students (6th through 12th grade). This includes weekly small groups and gatherings, organizing curriculum, creating mission opportunities, and planning retreats.
- Developing and controlling a budget alongside fundraising.
- Discovering and equipping a team of parents, volunteer adult counselors, and assistants.
- Advocating for students through Church Council and within the congregation.
- Providing space and community where students grow in relationship with Christ and one another in deepening spiritual journeys.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Mature faith and eagerness for continued spiritual growth.
- Understanding and familiarity with The United Methodist Church.
- Demonstrated experience in working with, building, and leading teams within a youth ministry context.
- Proven organizational, verbal, written, online, and social media communication skills.
Salary is competitive. Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org