Student Ministry Apprentice
Calvary Bible Church – Erie Campus
Calvary Bible Church is one church in two locations: Boulder and Erie, Colorado. Our Boulder campus was founded in 1889 and we launched our Erie Campus in 2006. If you’d like to learn more about our history, you can do so via our website at https://calvarybible.com/about/history/. Currently, we are averaging roughly 950 people in attendance at the Erie Campus on Sunday mornings. On average, we minister to 210 unique students per month (120 MSM and 90 HSM). Our church is growing and we hope to find someone who can help take our ministry to the next level.
To learn the role of a student ministry pastor/director and develop as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, by serving the church in student ministries at the Erie Campus.
$12,000 – $14,000 per fiscal year
20 hours per week including evenings and weekends
Faithful follower of Christ, hungry for God’s Word, proven leader, desire to make disciples.
· Born again with clear evidence of a godly lifestyle.
· In agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution.
· In agreement with student ministries philosophy of ministry.
· A call and desire towards student ministry.
· Develop as a spiritual leader in all areas of life (family, vocation, church).
· Develop his/her strengths and a call to ministry.
· Develop a personal philosophy of ministry.
· Learn how to work within the entire ministry team (i.e., students, worship, outreach, children, education, etc.).
· Gain insight into a full-time student ministry role at a church.
· Grow in your personal relationship with Jesus by loving God and loving others.
1. Work with the student ministry leadership to assist in the implementation of the vision, values, and goals of the student ministry department.
2. Work with the student ministry leadership to lead and implement disciple-making programs in Erie via gatherings on Sundays and mid-week as well as trips and events.
3. Lead and guide the students in the student ministry to a deeper life in Jesus Christ and push them towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
4. Assist with the development of curriculum, trips, and events for the student ministry to move students towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
5. Assist in the connection and assimilation process of all incoming new students.
6. Have an intentional emphasis with a small group of students by helping them live a disciple-making lifestyle.
7. Serve as a member of the student ministry team and attend weekly student ministry team meetings.
8. Communicate with leaders, parents, and students regarding the overall direction of the ministry and the tools we are using to help students grow.
9. Assist in recruiting, developing, and training a team of volunteers to minister to students.
10. Assist whenever called upon by the Director of Student Ministry.
· Apprentice needs to have a love for the Lord first and foremost.
· Apprentice needs to have a servant heart.
· Apprentice needs to have a teachable Spirit.
· Apprentice needs to be willing to go the extra mile to develop as a minister.
1. The Student Ministry Apprentice is directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministries in Erie for daily supervision.
2. The Student Ministry Apprentice is under the leadership of the apprentice program.
3. The Student Ministry Apprentice is responsible to the body and ultimately accountable to God.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Calvary Bible Church
615 Evans St.
Erie, CO 80516