Calvary is a Christ-centered church located in Golden Valley, MN a NW suburb of Minneapolis. We are looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling the next generation. The ideal candidate can relate well with youth, parents and adult volunteers. The Middle School Ministry Director oversees sixth through eighth grade. This position creates, manages and directs all aspects of middle school ministry.
● Live out Calvary’s mission, priorities and prayer, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
● Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
● Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
● Model relational discipleship to kids and families
● Partner with the CYF Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director and CYF Ministries Assistant to develop programs that are organized, supervised and promoted
● Responsible for the development and implementation of ministry with middle school kids, including weekly school year programming and summer opportunities (VBS, camps, mission trips, etc.)
● Continue to develop a ministry that impacts the community and respects Calvary’s Lutheran roots
● Recruit, empower and develop a team of volunteers (small group leaders, Guest Experience volunteers, Lenten mentors and special event volunteers)
● Partner with the high school ministry team to equip and build student leaders
● Establish bridges from elementary to middle school and from middle school to high school from a relational and programmatic standpoint
● Help develop the annual budget for middle school ministry
● Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
● A growing Christ-centered faith
● Strong relational skills with kids and adults
● Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a team
● Minimum 4-year degree.
● Prior youth ministry experience (1-3 years preferably in a large church context)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proven organizational and administrative skills
Please fill out an application which can be found at www.calvary.org/about/jobs.
About Calvary Church
Calvary is an independent, Christ-centered church with Lutheran roots.
We embrace the Reformation themes of grace alone, faith alone, Christ alone and Scripture alone.
Who God is:
There is one God, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully human. He was sent by the Father to live on earth, and
freely laid down His life on a cross and rose again after three days. In doing so, He paid the
penalty for our sin. (Isaiah 9:6; 1 Corinthians 15:3, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
The Holy Spirit makes faith possible and calls us through the gospel. The Holy Spirit empowers
and lives in every believer, and is a constant teacher, helper and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:3;
John 14:26-27, Romans 8:14-17)
Who we are:
God created people in His image to have a relationship with Him. We all have chosen
disobedience and sin, which fractures our relationship with God. (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans
Jesus Christ alone provides forgiveness and salvation. This is a free gift of grace, which we
receive by faith. (Acts 4:12; John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9)
Becoming a Christian leads to a changed life, which is a lifelong journey of growth in selfless
love, humility, service and holiness, empowered by the Holy Spirit. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
The Bible, the Church & Christ’s return:
The entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and our authority in all matters of faith and life. (2
The local church is the hope of the world. Jesus is the head of the Church, and all believers are
members. (Ephesians 4:4-6, 15-16)
Jesus Christ will return to judge the living and the dead. (Matthew 25:31).