Director of Family Faith Formation
Christ the King Episcopal Church in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida is seeking a full-time Director of Family Faith Formation. This individual will oversee the discipleship programs designed to help children and youth embrace a lifelong commitment of knowing and loving Christ. Ideal for this role would be a joyful, detail-oriented, collaborative leader who has experience organizing and supporting teams within a sustainable model of ministry and has a heart to actively serve with children and youth. A hands-on minister who also builds and empowers volunteers. This position would report directly to the Rector.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Map out the overarching scope & sequence of discipleship from birth through high school
- Actively engage with children, youth, and families, both inside and outside the parish walls
- Recruit, train, coordinate, and support teams of volunteer leaders
- Create pathways for families from the partnering school to connect with and participate in opportunities within the church
- Develop faith strengthening experiences and provide supportive resources for parents
- Organize the infrastructure of the ministry, ordering paperwork, guiding processes, implementing systems, and managing child protective policies
- Communicate regularly with key ministry stakeholders, both inside the church and those who are a part of the community
- Steward the budget and maintain the financial accountability of the ministry
Qualifications for this position are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University preferred.
- Church-based experience implementing and leading ministries towards sustainability
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records
- A strong competence and comfort with technology, including learning and effectively using ACS/Realm (our Church database), digital communications, Social Media, and audio-visual technology
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Passion for helping children, youth, and their parents know and love Christ
- A person of Christian faith with an understanding of the Episcopal tradition
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Christ the King Episcopal Church