The role of the associate pastor is: to provide leadership, guidance, and training and to foster the growth of our church; to strengthen & grow the church’s music & technology ministries; to preach during primary worship times and to lead and strengthen the outreach of our church, especially in the local neighborhoods.
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Other Major Relationships: Maintain good, effective working relationships and cooperate actively with the other church staff and members to ensure that the objectives of the church are met.
- Regularly share the duties of teaching during the worship service, with an engaging, Biblically sound, and applicable explanation of Biblical texts and topics
- Nurture relationships, especially with younger families and younger adults, providing leadership, training and fellowship.
- Oversee the outreach team and provide leadership, creativity and follow-through to increase the robustness of outreach in our church.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the overall programming for the church, aiding in special projects, performing weddings and funerals, and implementing special assignments by the Senior Pastor.
- As needed, assist in the pastoral care needs and visits of the congregation
- Operate the visuals and sound for Sunday worship services.
- Oversee, train, and schedule volunteers to run visuals and sound for Sunday worship services and other various events.
- Give advice for the overall visual and sound ministry
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- Pastoral experience and/or teaching experience
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and projection
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude
Cochranville United Methodist Church